Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The front pages on the Liar King’s desperate attempt to survive – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    He wants to stay until September??? Good luck with that,.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,080
    Jonathan said:

Michelle Donelan's resignation after 36 hours in the job has earned her a £16,876.25 pay out.

Not bad work if you can get it

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1544954404494778370

I was wondering how much, if anything, these resignations will cost the individuals concerned. If they are re-appointed next week is it just a weeks pay, or would it have an impact on pensions or length of service type payments too? Obviously if they go back to being a backbencher it costs them more but that is largely out of their control.
    A friend of a friend in the civil service has been busy. With each resignation, some pour soul has to change the access permissions to all sorts of complex government systems and documents.
    We need some information on the history.

I think recall not so long ago Ministers getting a payment because they "lost their jobs" at an election, and got them back again 3 weeks later.

That was pre the 2010 Expenses reforms iirc.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,001
    HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

As much as I loathe Johnson , Zahawis antics over the last 48 hrs have been reprehensible .

Yes, forget him.

If Boris goes Wallace or Mordaunt are the only viable successors now from my point of view
    Good morning @HYUFD

These are difficult days for you and to be fair you have been totally loyal to Johnson, but I hope you can now accept it is over and join those of us who want a conservative party with integrity and decency and to win the next GE

I will be rejoining the party once Johnson leaves
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    tlg86 said:

Staying until the autumn? Surely that's not tenable.

Good news for Zahawi.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,578
    Pulpstar said:

Michelle Donelan's resignation after 36 hours in the job has earned her a £16,876.25 pay out.

How has he arrived at that figure.

£67,505 is the (Additional) salary for being a minister. So 2 days pro rata would be £370. She's left of her own accord so there's no constructive dismissal potential award there.
    I presume it is an assumption that -

"Under the 1991 Ministerial and Other Pensions and Salaries Act, ministers under the age of 65 are entitled to three months of their ministerial salary when they are forced out of office."

applies....
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,873

Heathener said:

boulay said:

Roger said:

In other news 'Downblousing' to be made illegal.

You really couldn't make this ridiculous country up!

It can't all be Boris's fault though when you have a clown in charge perhaps everything looks like a circus

How on earth can you have a problem with making it illegal to take photos without permission down a woman’s top for sexual titillation?
    Indeed.

Incredible that anyone can say it's okay.
    I think this was a misunderstanding on Rogers part. Before the outrage bus gathers too much speed...
    My outrage is that this law is even needed. FFS people - just be nice and treat people with respect.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    Hat-trick.
    3 PM's bowled by Johnson.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    Jonathan said:

Hooray, hopefully with immediate effect.

No. Until replacement elected in the Tory Wacky Races (Fraser Nelson) - by the Autumn.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Just for the betting markets I'm curious if we might find ourselves in the position of an 'acting PM' with Boris gone?

Yes in theory there's no such thing as an acting PM as it stands, but also as it stands we have an unwritten constitution, so things that have never happened before can happen in the future, as new precedent becomes invented.

When Boris was hospitalised Raab was entrusted with the responsibilities of the PM role, without being PM. Could the same happen again now?

Don’t think so, there has to be a PM, and the current one has lost the confidence of seemingly everyone around him.

I’d start looking at names like Theresa May or Michael Gove as next PM on the betting markets, rather than the more obvious runners and riders. Obviously for a few months over the summer, to allow the Tories to elect a permanent leader.
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    The 1922 Committee should change the rules and they should turf him out.

This is unacceptable, and I don't trust him not to change his mind when they're that much closer to a General Election.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    kle4 said:

IanB2 said:

As English is a living language, I am proposing the addition of a new verb today. To braverman: means to have it both ways entirely without scruples. Example. ‘I have bravermanned my position on climate change, calling for drastic action but no curbs on Co2 emissions’

https://twitter.com/PhillipsPOBrien/status/1544938377107148801

Today's PM competition is the definition of another new verb, "to zahawi"...
    To implode due to ones own idiocy.
    I think that'll be "to Johnson"
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,835

Pulpstar said:

£67,505 is the (Additional) salary for being a minister. So 2 days pro rata would be £370. She's left of her own accord so there's no constructive dismissal potential award there.

"Under the 1991 Ministerial and Other Pensions and Salaries Act, ministers under the age of 65 are entitled to three months of their ministerial salary when they are forced out of office."

applies....
    She hasn't been "forced" anywhere though.
    Where's the new thread????
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,008
    The BBC says he will resign today.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,706

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

As much as I loathe Johnson , Zahawis antics over the last 48 hrs have been reprehensible .

Yes, forget him.

If Boris goes Wallace or Mordaunt are the only viable successors now from my point of view
    Good morning @HYUFD

These are difficult days for you and to be fair you have been totally loyal to Johnson, but I hope you can now accept it is over and join those of us who want a conservative party with integrity and decency and to win the next GE

If Johnson loses a VONC, which now looks almost certain, then yes he would have to go and as stated my preference is now for Ben Wallace to replace him as Tory leader and PM
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,951
    IanB2 said:

kle4 said:

IanB2 said:

As English is a living language, I am proposing the addition of a new verb today. To braverman: means to have it both ways entirely without scruples. Example. ‘I have bravermanned my position on climate change, calling for drastic action but no curbs on Co2 emissions’

https://twitter.com/PhillipsPOBrien/status/1544938377107148801

Today's PM competition is the definition of another new verb, "to zahawi"...
    To implode due to ones own idiocy.
    I think that'll be "to Johnson"
    No, that is bagged for implosion by unnecessary lies....
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Cue the arseholes and sycophants saying he’s done the right thing and it’s time to rally round for the good of the country and to give the next leader the shot etc etc.
  • mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,077
    HYUFD said:

This is like George III:

"I'm afraid we are in George III territory, we are in Caligula territory"

Quentin Letts says Boris Johnson has lost his mind

https://twitter.com/ImIncorrigible/status/1544939396423491586

But all Boris is doing is what Boris has always done.

He's always put himself first, second and everywhere.

He's never had respect for constitutional norms.

He's never been honest.

His whole life has always been about "you can't make me".

The only thing that has changed is that, instead of screwing over The Man, he's screwing over all of us.
    Everyone knew this, and yet the Tory party put him in Downing Street. They are the real villains in this.
    The British people kept him there to get Brexit done and beat Corbyn, given Labour was offering a choice of refusing to respect the EU Referendum result and making Corbyn PM
    Not really - the British People didn't vote for him.

It is right to say that they put the Tories in Government, rather than have Labour in place with their offering at the time. And at the time, you'd have to say that (given what they believed) those who voted Tory did a good job of keeping Corbyn's mob out of government. In a straight choice between what they imagined a Johnson-led government would be like v. what they imagined a Corbyn-led government would be, they made a decisive overall choice.

However, There is *no-one* to blame for the fact that Boris Johnson was at the head of that administration, but the Tories. They put him in the leadership position. They voted confidence in him only a month or so ago.

Don't try foisting that on the British People in a Moggian twist of democratic reality.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392
    Peoples claiming this is making Britain a laughing stock. But ultimately it will be the swift removal of a PM - not that bad.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

If Johnson loses a VONC, which now looks almost certain, then yes he would have to go and as stated my preference is now for Ben Wallace to replace him as Tory leader and PM
    Though it looks like he has finally decided to resign anyway
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,777
    Just picked up some phone signal after a few days mountaineering in the Julian Alps (absolutely stunning btw).

Anything happen in my absence?
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,578
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

applies....
    She hasn't been "forced" anywhere though.
    Quite... as I said, an *ass*umption. Which as everyone knows....
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Chris said:

Sky too
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,873
    kle4 said:

Peoples claiming this is making Britain a laughing stock. But ultimately it will be the swift removal of a PM - not that bad.

People who claim things like that tend not to have any experience of other countries parliaments. Politics is visceral at this level.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,727
    Staying till September?

Aye, right...
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Seems he is resigning today
    Did Donelan and Zahawi even update their twitter handles?

I feel like they were so flattered to be asked they said yes on the spot, then their advisers told them they had been idiots.
  • xyzxyzxyzxyzxyzxyz Posts: 37
    Bloomberg quoting mirror. PM will resign today. pound rallies.
  • Britain's unwritten constitution triumphs once more. 👍
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,206
    tlg86 said:

Leon said:

If Quentin Letts is right, the problem might be more human than political. Boris hasn’t got anyone in there with the emotional authority to say OK old friend, this is it, now

He hasn’t got a Dom or a Carrie

Aides and loyalists will be too nervous

Normally the spouse would tell the PM when it's time to go.

Something tells me the spouse will be doing the exact opposite this time.
    Told you. Today. In effect

Boris Johnson cannot stay on as caretaker Prime Minister. There is too much to do, and his MPs have lost faith in him. His reputation has been shredded, his judgement found desperately wanting.

https://twitter.com/RupertMyers/status/1544957917895573504
    Chris said:

Oh. And now they've added "There will be a new PM in the autumn".
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    nico679 said:

Zahawi's model for promotion seems based on that of Klingon starships.

Pippa Crerar
    @PippaCrerar
    ·
    4m
    BREAKING: Boris Johnson has resigned.

BBC’s
    @ChrisMasonBBC
    confirms that PM has agreed to stand down. He’ll stay on as caretaker leader until new Tory leader elected this autumn.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

More accurately: he has been resigned.
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,879
    Scott_xP said:

Staying till September?

Aye, right...

Doesn't want to move house in a rush
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,911
    HYUFD said:

This is like George III:

He's never been honest.

The only thing that has changed is that, instead of screwing over The Man, he's screwing over all of us.
    Everyone knew this, and yet the Tory party put him in Downing Street. They are the real villains in this.
    The British people kept him there to get Brexit done and beat Corbyn, given Labour was offering a choice of refusing to respect the EU Referendum result and making Corbyn PM
    Yeah I blame them too. And the Labour Party for putting up such a shitty candidate. Basically, Britain has failed.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,005
    We will need an interim government. He *cannot* stay on as nobody will serve with him.
  • SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    The tories need to get a leadership election done this weekend.... BJ remaining PM for another few months will be a disaster.

We still need a government!! Who's going to take all these roles!
    tlg86 said:

It’s seven weeks til September - autumn. And most of that is holidays

This is fine
    tlg86 said:

It's an opening offer.

They counter with go now, you dont deserve more.

They agree he can stay on for expedited leadership contest.
    And the news agenda moves straight on to the question of the next leader....
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Has he hell as like decided to resign. He's been dragged kicking and screaming.
  • Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Hooray.... POBWAS
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,456
    edited July 2022

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Really? Why will you rejoin? Boris didn't do this by himself. He was put there by the Tories and kept there scandal after scandal, lie after lie.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,911
    Leon said:

tlg86 said:

It’s seven weeks til September - autumn. And most of that is holidays

This is fine
    It really isn't. As a taxpayer I refuse to pay this arsehole's salary for another day.
  • BartholomewRobertsBartholomewRoberts Posts: 18,145
    edited July 2022
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Really? Why will you rejoin? Boris didn't do this by himself. He was put there by the Tories.
    And he was right to be put there, and he was right to be removed. 👍

In this country we don't have dictators for life, our PMs serve at the will of Parliament and are not contrary to popular belief "elected dictators". Boris has served his purpose and now he is gone.
    edited July 2022
    mwadams said:

HYUFD said:

This is like George III:

He's never been honest.

It is right to say that they put the Tories in Government, rather than have Labour in place with their offering at the time. And at the time, you'd have to say that (given what they believed) those who voted Tory did a good job of keeping Corbyn's mob out of government. In a straight choice between what they imagined a Johnson-led government would be like v. what they imagined a Corbyn-led government would be, they made a decisive overall choice.

However, There is *no-one* to blame for the fact that Boris Johnson was at the head of that administration, but the Tories. They put him in the leadership position. They voted confidence in him only a month or so ago.

Don't try foisting that on the British People in a Moggian twist of democratic reality.
    If the British people had given Theresa May a majority in 2017 as most of the Tory Party and I wanted they would also have beaten Corbyn and got Brexit done. Boris would then never have become PM.

They refused to do so, only giving Boris that majority in 2019. So it is not as if the British people had no say in Boris becoming PM.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583

Sir Anthony Seldon has just said on Sky he believes those in no 10 will be composing Johnson's resignation speech

Seldon may be an eminent Parliamentary Historian, but did he account for Johnson? The ink on Johnson's, prepared by others, resignation speech has already been dry for 24 hours.
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,087
    kle4 said:

I feel like they were so flattered to be asked they said yes on the spot, then their advisers told them they had been idiots.

Husband has expressed some sympathy for Donelan just now. Thinks she allowed heart to rule head when given chance to join cabinet, and that good sense has reasserted itself after opportunity for reflection. Others may have different opinion, but at least she has gone. I'm less than convinced by Wallace and others deploying the necessity excuse for staying put.
    So his opening proposal is "I stay on until the autumn" should be met with "no, off you fuck today".

Who will serve in his government for the next few months? They've all either quit or told him to do one.
  • TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,678
    If he stays till September, who will serve in his cabinet?

Does everyone get their old jobs back? Who would the Chancellor be?
    Roger said:

I know you're not supposed to use the word but C* of the week has to go to Nadim Zahawi. He hasn't yet turned up at the office once but after touring the TV studios all yesterday he wrote his resignation letter asking the Prime Minister to resign on Treasury notepaper

It's fine to say "Conservative of the week", really.
  • numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,414
    Roger said:

I know you're not supposed to use the word but 'C* of the Week' has to go to Nadim Zahawi. He hasn't yet turned up at the office once but after touring the TV studios all yesterday he wrote his resignation letter asking the Prime Minister to resign on Treasury notepaper

I’m hoping this farce has holed him below the waterline in any leadership contest but I have a horrible feeling it won’t have.
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Really? Why will you rejoin? Boris didn't do this by himself. He was put there by the Tories.
    I am a conservative and his brexit, covid and Ukraine actions were fine, but his behaviour since Paterson to Pincher changed everything for me and I resigned from the party

I expect there will be many rejoining the party now
    kle4 said:

I agree - I don't think it is making Britain a laughing stock (although these kinds of dramas are always more than faintly ridiculous as they play out, so there will be plenty of laughing.) It is, however, destroying what vestiges of tattered reputation Johnson and those around him still retained.

To look forward a little, what will the party now do? They've been standing to Johnson's defence for so long, will they remember how to do politics properly?

Will they immediately skip forward a generation and magically reincarnate in a single bound, or will we have to go through a Hague, an IDS, and a Howard before we get to a Cameron?

Will the Moggies become garden variety backbench bastards, patting at the half dead mouse of democracy, or will there be a fight for the space where the soul of the party used to be?
  • northern_monkeynorthern_monkey Posts: 1,492
    So once he goes it'll be up to the right wing Tory membership to elect a new party leader, who will then become PM. I think we'll get a Thatcher Mk2 - slash taxes, slash spending, slash regulation. The real reason behind Brexit.

Boris's have cake, eat cake, no downsides, unicorns for everyone Brexit was crumbling anyway but the Thatcherites can now get rid of Boris and install one of their own. As the economy performs badly and there's the real prospect of power cuts this winter. I don't think it's going to be pretty.

I posted this in Sept 2020:
    Johnson and his government are going to fuck this country. They’re going to fuck Remainers. They’re going to fuck all the red wallers whose xenophobia the two Leave campaigns so successfully played on.

They’re going to fuck everyone because they think that out of the ashes they can build the kind of society that gets the right wing tumescent. With the kind of policies that would never win an election.

They’re going to sorrowfully point at the remains of what was the economy, wiping away their crocodile tears, and cut, cut, cut. Cut taxes, cut the NHS, cut workers’ rights. All the things that these red wallers really, when it comes down to it, care more about then a bit of fucking sovereignty.

And they’ll be able to say ‘well, this is Brexit, this is what people voted for.’

If a Thatcherite gets in we will be in the crocodile tears, slash, cut, slash, cut phase. Bye bye any last pretence of having cake and eating cake.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Eureka! He's gone
    Official statement from No 10 saying Johnson will make speech later to nation.

• solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Everyone's resigned from government, so unless Boris is going to start re-appointing everyone, how do they re-fill those positions?
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Swedish media reporting that Johnson is resigning
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,727
    Thoughts and prayers with Nicola Sturgeon at this difficult time. https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1544958047281418241
  • Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,766
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Let's just rejoice at that news! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

I am a conservative and his brexit, covid and Ukraine actions were fine, but his behaviour since Paterson to Pincher changed everything for me and I resigned from the party

I probably will but not yet.
    Chris said:

Chris said:

Oh. And now they've added "There will be a new PM in the autumn".
    And now from the BBC: "Boris Johnson will resign as Conservative leader today - he will continue as Prime Minister until the autumn."

I know the BBC's grasp of the English language has been shaky for a few years, but really ...
    So is it today or September 1? Not that it really matters now
    The big change in the political dynamic is that every single contender will be falling over themselves to show that they are completely different from Johnson. No continuity candidate will stand a chance.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,048
    edited July 2022

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Surely depends who gets the gig.

Very likely the nuttiest of the fruitcakes nominated by the numpties who voted confidence in Johnson just a month ago.
  • londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,151
    Sky - Boris to resign and stay in place till CON election process is complete, autumn

So his opening proposal is "I stay on until the autumn" should be met with "no, off you fuck today".

Who will serve in his government for the next few months? They've all either quit or told him to do one.

Indeed, surely the Conservative Party must realise they and BigDog are beyond compromise.

" Please leave via the tradesman's entrance and take your ******' wallpaper with you".
    Sky confirming Johnson will resign today and stay in office until his successor is appointed
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Though you will regret that, and fair enough, there really was no realistic alternative - he couldn't fill government positions.
    Rugby on Sky News stating he's going to appear outside No.10 today. Probably a resignation, though his behaviour has been so outrageous I wouldn't be wholly surprised by a "we fight on, we fight to win" statement.

Even at this stage, I'll only believe he's given up when he says it in public for the record.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    edited July 2022
    Meeting with Brady precipitated this.
    Maybe a majority of letters?
    Rugby on Sky News stating he's going to appear outside No.10 today. Probably a resignation, though his behaviour has been so outrageous I wouldn't be wholly surprised by a "we fight on, we fight to win" statement.

Even at this stage, I'll only believe he's given up when he says it in public for the record.
    BBC saying Brady persuaded the liar king to go, at about 8.30 am
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    It has taken a long time coming, but can we finally believe in the prospect of.....

#Priti4Leader

• geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,092
    tlg86 said:

Leaves in Autumn.
    🎼But it's a long long time … 🎼
    A quick solution to the leadership crisis. There are so many names likely in the hat, and there is a massive crisis in the country.

We do not have time for a protracted bloody contest. Sooooooo

ROYAL RUMBLE! Stick a ring in Downing Street. Have Mrs Brady draw lots to decide on the order, and then every 60 seconds a new contender enters the ring. Keep fighting until the last person standing is declared leader.

As Rishi Sunak is so short it will be difficult to throw him over the top ropes to eliminate him. My money would be on Rishi.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    Boris Johnson today overtook Neville Chamberlain in term of days as PM. Here are the upcoming PMs he'll overtake if he stays until September:

Theresa May - 03/08/2022
    Viscount Palmerston (first stint) - 06/08/2022
    James Callaghan - 21/08/2022
    Henry Addington - 16/09/2022
    IanB2 said:

BBC saying Brady persuaded the liar king to go, at about 8.30 am

What time zone?
    edited July 2022
    Leon said:

I believe not today. Essentially, he is hanging on in there on a technicality, hoping something will show up and turn things around even beyond the 11th hour.
    Jonathan said:

Just a reminder Boris Johnson is still control of our nuclear weapons.

War with Russia is an out for Boris. I wouldn’t put it past him.
    Surely there are safeguards to prevent Trident being used for solely narrow political purposes?

So Boris wants to stay for a few more months at the head of THAT Cabinet?

lol.

Bugger off Boris. The Chiltern Hundreds are thataway.....
    Several commentators on R4 remarking that Johnson has lost his job is not because of policy (Thatcher, Poll Tax, May, Brexit) but because of who he is and how he has governed - which raises questions over whether he can continue as PM, and the suitability of Ministers who stuck with him to the end.
    pigeon said:

Every media outlet is confirming his resignation today and indeed to stay in office during his successor election campaign
  • Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,766
    HYUFD said:

mwadams said:

HYUFD said:

This is like George III:

He's never been honest.

If the British people had given Theresa May a majority in 2017 as most of the Tory Party and I wanted they would also have beaten Corbyn and got Brexit done. Boris would then never have become PM.

They refused to do so, only giving Boris that majority in 2019. So it is not as if the British people had no say in Boris becoming PM.
    They didn't give "Boris" a majority, they gave it to the Conservative Party to Keep Corbyn Out. This has been proved over and over by Mike with polls demonstrating people's motivations. It was Corbyn Wot Won It (for the Tories)

Sky confirming Johnson will resign today and stay in office until his successor is appointed

With no ministers, no credibility, no supporters bar a few idiots?

Or you think those who have resigned will now come slithering back?
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    HY editing his posting history to make it clear that he has been calling for Bozo to resign for the past 6 months?
    Foxy said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

nico679 said:

Yes, forget him.

Good morning @HYUFD

Surely depends who gets the gig.

Very likely the nuttiest of the fruitcakes nominated by the numpties who voted confidence in Johnson just a month ago.
    No - I will rejoin

How could that possibly go wrong?
    pigeon said:

kle4 said:

Husband has expressed some sympathy for Donelan just now. Thinks she allowed heart to rule head when given chance to join cabinet, and that good sense has reasserted itself after opportunity for reflection. Others may have different opinion, but at least she has gone. I'm less than convinced by Wallace and others deploying the necessity excuse for staying put.
    Your husband is a generous soul.

I partly agree, but you need some nous in politics
    Scott_xP said:

Thoughts and prayers with Nicola Sturgeon at this difficult time. https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1544958047281418241

That assumes that his replacement will be less unpopular in Scotland. Big assumption.
    Leon said:

It matters hugely. This country is fucked. Runaway inflation, major cost of living crisis. We're on the edge of war with Russia. We have a growing crisis in NI. So we cannot now indulge the Tories with 2 months of introspection and infighting.

He needs to be removed. Today.
  • numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,414
    Constitutionally it is of course right and proper that Johnson stays in caretaker post. However it doesn’t make any of the leadership candidates look great rejoining the government so I remain to be convinced that will hold.
    That giant barrage you can hear? That's Labour and LibDem and SNP foxes being shot!
This discussion has been closed.