Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Join the celebrations for PB’s 18th anniversary – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    RobD said:

kle4 said:

Sunak-Javid double ticket?

It was a simpler time when a pair of treasury nerds could just team up - not sure Javid would want to serve under 'young' Sunak though

Would he really say no to being Chancellor because of something like that?
    Nope.

• Options

mwadams said:

Tres said:

Cookie said:

18 years. Bloody Hell.
    I wasn't here from the start. I arrived when looking for some information about the Cheadle by-election - what, June 2005? I remember a conversation in so much more detail than is ever given to these things. Absolutely amazing that here were people who enjoyed the minutiae that I did. Discussion of the electoral geography of the Cheadle constituency quickly segued - indeed, ran alongside - a conversation about the merits of British cheeses.
    Lots of names from those days still with us. OGH and Robert, of course. Roger. Stodge (with whom, I remember, very early on, a detailed conversation about the EU - how wonderful to find a place where such things can be explored in such detail without rancour), Nick Palmer (myMP at the time - how amazing to be discussing politics with my MP) - even Jack W still puts in the odd appearance. Who else from those days? Sean Fear, Alistair Matlock, Woody 662, Stuart Penketh. Seems I only remember lapsed Tories?
    How have I been hanging around here for 16 years? Since when I have found a wife, had three daughters, changed career twice and home city once.
    And ah, pb, we have been through such a lot together. Especially the last two years.
    Well done Mike and Robert for running such a remarkable corner of the internet.

ColinW and his mum. Mark Senior. Andrea. 'Ave It. Snowflake and SeanT.
    That is about when I started lurking around these parts. Who can forget the heady days of SWINGBACK?
    Rod Crosby became swingback king one cycle.
    It was his subsequent swingback from the number 6 million that started the problems.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,806

Andy_JS said:

"Bombshell biography of Boris Johnson's wife by Tory peer Lord Ashcroft says 'mesmerised and lonely' PM is surrounded by HER friends and she 'used his mobile to direct events' - but Team Carrie slams claims as 'tissue of lies'"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10478351/Carrie-Johnson-blamed-Downing-Street-chaos-Tory-peers-bombshell-book.html

Is there anybody Ashcroft *hasn't* written a biography of?
    Michael Ashcroft? I suspect the Good Lord might be more reticent about the details there
  • Options

biography of Boris Johnson's wife by Tory peer Lord Ashcroft says 'mesmerised and lonely' PM is surrounded by HER friends and she 'used his mobile to direct events'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10478351/Carrie-Johnson-blamed-Downing-Street-chaos-Tory-peers-bombshell-book.html

I can believe he’s lonely.
    I think he is very lonely, week and unfit for office

He's always been lonely.

That's part of the tragedy of it all.

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,047

Great to see some of the old-timers back this evening, plus mentions of others. I also recall Morus (now a quite well-known barrister), who gave us some super tips.

And of course Martin Day..

How could we forget Martin Day........ Nick Clegg = Neil Kinnock ad nauseum.

There was also the occasion when the site was hijacked and someone started pretending to be various well known posters.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

"Bombshell biography of Boris Johnson's wife by Tory peer Lord Ashcroft says 'mesmerised and lonely' PM is surrounded by HER friends and she 'used his mobile to direct events' - but Team Carrie slams claims as 'tissue of lies'"

Well they know all about lies in No 10 these days.
  • Options

biography of Boris Johnson's wife by Tory peer Lord Ashcroft says 'mesmerised and lonely' PM is surrounded by HER friends and she 'used his mobile to direct events'

He's always been lonely.

And needs to be liked
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,452

Andy_JS said:

I still miss Plato and her cat-obsessed posts.

Plato decent into madness was very sad. I believe a number of PB regulars met IRL and was a perfectly nice lady, but her last few years went down a dark rabbit hole and died a lonely death.
    She's dead? Again, I don't think I knew.

I've been here for 16 years. I think the age range here is pretty broad. I suppose it's not unexpected some have passed on.

Still, a shame. Particularly if the last few years were as you hint.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2022
    Cookie said:

Andy_JS said:

Plato decent into madness was very sad. I believe a number of PB regulars met IRL and was a perfectly nice lady, but her last few years went down a dark rabbit hole and died a lonely death.

I've been here for 16 years. I think the age range here is pretty broad. I suppose it's not unexpected some have passed on.

Yes. I believe Robert did some digging and confirmed it. I don't really know the details, but I don't believe she was that old. It wasn't that long after Trump got elected.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Andy_JS said:

She became rather obsessed with Trump if I recall.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

SeanT?
  • Options

Cookie said:

Andy_JS said:

She became a QAnon follower before QAnon became a thing.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,695

He's always been lonely.

And needs to be liked
    Someone who never shows loyalty to anyone or any principle, is not likely to find it returned.

Johnson is an expert seducer, of women and of the electorate, but his shine never lasts long. He is getting a bit too long in the tooth and too well known to get away with it again. He is doomed to lonely hotel rooms now on the rubber chicken circuit.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

SeanT?
    Too much x-rated material for publication.
  • Options
    There was Happy Dad (?) the first of our teacher chums. Biology iirc.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

He's always been lonely.

And needs to be liked
    Someone who never shows loyalty to anyone or any principle, is not likely to find it returned.
    And yet (and perhaps as a result) can be the most insistent on being shown personal loyalty by others.
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,447
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

This gives new meaning to the phrase "cunning plan".

https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1489707173596831752

"@SebastianEPayne
    NEW: PM's loyalists have "safety mechanism" on no confidence letters:

"5 or 10 of the letters are submitted by loyalists. When Brady hits the magic number, he calls around everyone to ask if they wish to withdraw. At that point, we know we’re in trouble""

Does he have to call round? A signed letter seems as good a signal of intent as any.....
    Yeah, I've seen this mentioned before. Letters stand until they are rescinded, so it makes sense to check.
    Glad Brady is taking it seriously. If the Johnsonian's are playing with the process its a slimy way to treat the rules of their party.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,646
    There was a poster, I think called New Town Boy, who obviously knows me because he subtly outed me by replying to one of my posts using my first name. Although I had some ideas I never found out who he was. At the time I was much more reserved in giving away anything about myself so I was very impressed he identified me. Would still love to know who he is.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

He's always been lonely.

And needs to be liked

Johnson is an expert seducer, of women and of the electorate, but his shine never lasts long. He is getting a bit too long in the tooth and too well known to get away with it again. He is doomed to lonely hotel rooms now on the rubber chicken circuit.
    Indeed. Very very well paid rubber chicken dinners, but ultimately sad and empty life.

We are near the end of the pier show part of this tale.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

SeanT?
    Joseph Campbell already wrote that one - The Hero with a Thousand Faces
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Andy_JS said:

SeanT?
    :lol:
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Andy_JS said:

SeanT?
    Michael Moorcock surely?
  • Options

Cookie said:

Andy_JS said:

She became a QAnon follower before QAnon became a thing.
    As ever, PB is ahead of the pack. :smile:
  • Options
    pm215 said:

Scott_xP said:

LATEST Tory source (not on 1922): "Range 40/44 after today." Getting near to the 54 MPs needed to trigger the no confidence ballot in the Prime Minister.

I don't have a strong view on how many letters have gone in, but I am rather dubious that anybody except Brady can be confident of how many to within a range of 5...
    Knowing how to count is THE secret of success in high-stakes gambling AND legislative politicking.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

One of the weirdest PB threads was the one where @bigjohnowls was posting, and getting advice while hiding out in his hotel room in Tunisia in an active shooter terrorist incident.

Yes I remember that
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,986

Cookie said:

Andy_JS said:

She was absolutely lovely if you totally avoided politics.
    We originally started corresponding because we discovered we were actually born in the very same week.
    So I can confirm she died very young
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    kjh said:

There was a poster, I think called New Town Boy, who obviously knows me because he subtly outed me by replying to one of my posts using my first name. Although I had some ideas I never found out who he was. At the time I was much more reserved in giving away anything about myself so I was very impressed he identified me. Would still love to know who he is.

I was bemused to find a poster on here who was very obviously a friend/acquaintance - he lives ten doors down the road and is the husband of our county council leader. I’m pretty sure he didn’t notice I was on here. I’ve wondered about mentioning it to him but it seems like breaking the essential anonymity of it all…

I think I’ve met another old-time poster a couple of times but not entirely sure. He hasn’t posted here for a while in any case.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

He's always been lonely.

And needs to be liked

Boris is close to ready for the Arthur Murray Dance Studios circuit.
  • Options
    So @vino , if you're still around - what was the story about the private airline at EMA? It's nagging at the back of my mind.
    Also starting to remember you were a fellow East Midlander back then...
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

I have no idea when I started hanging out on PB, but Fitalass used to post in the midnight shift as did a LibDem MrsB IIRC. And, of course, my old comrade-in-shoes... Plato

What happened to MrsB? I can't recall anything from her in a year or two?
    Perhaps she just quietly wandered off rather than indulging in the more traditional "flounce"
    Mr Ed this morning just the latest to follow the great PB flouncing tradition.
    Actually, Stuart DickHead, I decided to come back, if only to wonder out loud why the Swedish are so desperate to boost their population that they’d accept a miserable, self-satisfied like yourself.

Looking forwards to March 2nd. Hopefully @Farooq wont be there :)
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

VogonJ said:

Congratulations to PB on reaching adulthood. I’ve largely lurked on here over the years but retain considerable affection for the site. Not least because, back in the sites early days it helped me make a nice profit on my first venture into political gambling. In the 2008 Presidential Election, someone on here (are they still around?) noticed that no-one (in the UK at least) had clocked that Nebraskan electoral college votes are split and as a consequence the electoral college votes markets were awash with free money just waiting to be collected. Of course I have more than made up for it with losses since…

I can't exactly remember when I first visited PB. I think it was probably at the beginning of 2010 but not sure. Rod Crosby was one of the big cheeses at that time, with his "PR^2" headers.
    I have been on and off pb since 2005. I was just plain Alan then, then Alan J when another Alan appeared.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Shouldn't that be "wallpaper of lies"?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This put in letters business is bonkers.
    Waverer: As you know I've been considering a letter.
    Letter Writer: Well. I was called to ask if I still wanted to go through with it.
    W: So. They've got the 54 I don't have to bother?
    LW: Well. It's rumoured half a dozen loyalists will withdraw...
    W: So. We are within a handful then?
    LW: You know what to do then...
  • Options
    Foxy said:

One of the weirdest PB threads was the one where @bigjohnowls was posting, and getting advice while hiding out in his hotel room in Tunisia in an active shooter terrorist incident.

One of my earliest memories.
  • Options

kjh said:

I was bemused to find a poster on here who was very obviously a friend/acquaintance - he lives ten doors down the road and is the husband of our county council leader. I’m pretty sure he didn’t notice I was on here. I’ve wondered about mentioning it to him but it seems like breaking the essential anonymity of it all…

I think I’ve met another old-time poster a couple of times but not entirely sure. He hasn’t posted here for a while in any case.
    In my small office of around ten people it turned out there was another poster on here. Slightly surprising reminder that we exist in real life too.
  • Options

MrEd said:

I have no idea when I started hanging out on PB, but Fitalass used to post in the midnight shift as did a LibDem MrsB IIRC. And, of course, my old comrade-in-shoes... Plato

Perhaps she just quietly wandered off rather than indulging in the more traditional "flounce"
    Actually, Stuart DickHead, I decided to come back, if only to wonder out loud why the Swedish are so desperate to boost their population that they’d accept a miserable, self-satisfied like yourself.

Flounceback!
    Indeed!

If you are going to flounceback, do it quickly or not at all
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,906
    My favourite/worst PB memory is furiously hitting F5 the night of GE 2015 - just before a 9am Labour Economics exam.

I didn't do so well in that one.

GE 2019 was also good. I hosted a party in my flat and kept stealing good insights from everyone on here to share.

Earliest memory might have been 2010, but I can't really remember. I've been posting on the Guardian comments section and on Reddit for ages, but only de-lurked on PB recently.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

kjh said:

In my small office of around ten people it turned out there was another poster on here. Slightly surprising reminder that we exist in real life too.
    Speak for yourself, some of us merely sophisticated bots.

(We're still working out the kinks)
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Foxy said:

Yes I remember that
    Only marginally less dramatic was the 'is DavidL having a heart attack' thread.
    We did have a chemistry professor at one time who posted a very worrying message about ending it all. I remember the hunt to track him down.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited February 2022

I'd forgotten about Tapestry. Whatever happened to Will L?

Sean Fear's Friday slot, Roger's immortal one word answer 'no', Tyson, SBS (sadly no more), Sean Thomas, Andrea, Edmund In Tokyo and many others I've simply forgotten because there have been so many of them. Even the old warning not to libel George Galloway.

Is there a way to access some of the old threads?

It woould be nice to know some of the other names posters have used or their usernames at the beginning. I've always been 'Roger' which is of course my real name. Who would choose a username that is currently 678th most popular boys name in the country behind 'Jersey'!. There was briefly a Lib Dem 'Roger' who had a very distinctive style. Antifrank later Alastair Meeks was also one of the early ones and of course the late Plato
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Andy_JS said:

It happened a few years back. Her brother came across a link to PB whilst sorting out her stuff and sent us a message via OGH.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Is there a procedure for un-flouncing?
  • Options
    In celebration of the Glorious 18th, might it be possible for Powers That Be to grant a General Amnesty to the PB Banned?

Seriously. And also posthumously.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,857
    Does anyone know how many “active” posters there are?

And what the overall readership is estimated to be?
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,906
    In 'other media" news, Starmer's speech on the Sue Gray report now has a startling 1.5 million views (politicsJOE). It's described as "extraordinary oratory" in the title.

As I've said before, I think 90% of public opinion for people my age is derived from BBC News app push notifications. They have been plentiful during this farce.
  • Options
    Roger said:

MrEd said:

Not sure to be honest. I did regret flouncing off but thought ‘stick with it’. However, I’ve just been waiting to hear if my Mum is ok as she has been in A&E for eight hours so I found myself back on here. Remarkable when you have a family crisis what you end up doing..:.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

Roger said:

MrEd said:

Not sure to be honest. I did regret flouncing off but thought ‘stick with it’. However, I’ve just been waiting to hear if my Mum is ok as she has been in A&E for eight hours so I found myself back on here. Remarkable when you have a family crisis what you end up doing..:.
    Argh. Sorry to hear.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Flounceback!
    Indeed!

Sarah Palin currently attempting delayed flounceback re: NYT; may help confirm your point, have to wait & see.
  • Options
    RobCLRobCL Posts: 23
    Wow. Lurking since the last few months of 2004. Can’t believe it’s been that long. Glad that Morus’ name has already been mentioned. First time I had come across a Lib Dem who had conviction ;). Thanks for the shared memories. Can’t remember which GE Ave it first made an appearance but that was a fun night on the backup PB server as the main site got overwhelmed.
    Thanks to you all.
  • Options

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Flounceback!
    Indeed!

Sarah Palin currently attempting delayed flounceback re: NYT; may help confirm your point, have to wait & see.
    She has no chance of coming back (unlike myself 😀
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    I'd like to come, though it's a trek from Godalming after work - errrr...put me down as a "Don't know"...

I think I came on here about 16 years ago - overlapped a few years with my time in Parliament. Never did persuade Cookie to vote for me, but was fun trying!
  • Options
    I was 7 when PB launched
  • Options
    ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379
    edited February 2022
    RobCL said:

Wow. Lurking since the last few months of 2004. Can’t believe it’s been that long. Glad that Morus’ name has already been mentioned. First time I had come across a Lib Dem who had conviction ;). Thanks for the shared memories. Can’t remember which GE Ave it first made an appearance but that was a fun night on the backup PB server as the main site got overwhelmed.
    Thanks to you all.

Didn't he (Morus, that is, not Ave it) start a short-lived political party of some sort? Or am I confusing him with someone else?
  • Options

Just won $160 in stud hi/lo on Pokerstars, good way to start a birthday. That variant actually dates one, like being keen on Suzi Quatro or the Beatles - all the other players that I know are 60+. Still the best variant IMO - every hand is interesting, but it's not as wild as Omega.

Happy Birthday Nick!
  • Options
    Bring back Tim
  • Options
    MrEd said:

MrEd said:

MrEd said:

Flounceback!
    Indeed!

She has no chance of coming back (unlike myself 😀
    Palin does have chance of scoring at least partial victory vs NYT and revision of half-century of US libel law.
  • Options

I'd like to come, though it's a trek from Godalming after work - errrr...put me down as a "Don't know"...

I think I came on here about 16 years ago - overlapped a few years with my time in Parliament. Never did persuade Cookie to vote for me, but was fun trying!

I think you are the only regular PBer I've met in real life Nick - at a very enjoyable event you put on at the Victoria in Beeston.
    Was always tempted to vote for the person not the label, but never did. I reassure myself that you always won anyway. And my girlfriend at the time went out canvassing for you while I made her dinner. So you did get some support, indirectly.
  • Options
    adamandcatadamandcat Posts: 76
    edited February 2022
    I remember Ave it, and also when Newbies were alerted not to confuse Peter from Putney with Peter the Punter. When was this?
    Thank you OGH for this great site.
  • Options
    Roger said:

MrEd said:

It would appear to be 'early and boldly'.
  • Options

Surely you can find a few City rats to save, or at least sucor, as part of your animal protection duties? Thus justifying at least one night in luxury suite . . . or maybe Quincel's locker?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080
    Bloomberg accidentally reported that Russia has invaded.

• Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    Thanks, Cookie - and glad to see MrEd giving a like - perhaps we can welcome you and BigG back after all?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Eabhal said:

In 'other media" news, Starmer's speech on the Sue Gray report now has a startling 1.5 million views (politicsJOE). It's described as "extraordinary oratory" in the title.

As I've said before, I think 90% of public opinion for people my age is derived from BBC News app push notifications. They have been plentiful during this farce.

I just checked PoliticsJoe and I came across an interview with a very nice ex colleague of Johnson's. She hates him but she's a very entertaining interviewee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQUIzo2Ze4
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Roger said:

MrEd said:

It would appear to be 'early and boldly'.
    Indeed, the best way.

Btw, thanks for your kind words when I flounced (and to others)
  • Options

Thanks, Cookie - and glad to see MrEd giving a like - perhaps we can welcome you and BigG back after all?

I’m back Nick. PB.com is like a drug but fortunately not like fentanyl …
  • Options

Bring back Tim

And Ave It!
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,701

Just won $160 in stud hi/lo on Pokerstars, good way to start a birthday. That variant actually dates one, like being keen on Suzi Quatro or the Beatles - all the other players that I know are 60+. Still the best variant IMO - every hand is interesting, but it's not as wild as Omega.

Congratulations. Never played Poker myself.
  • Options
    Can we see any images of the old green website, if I remember correctly?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,010
    MrEd said:

Definitely not like crystal meth, unlikely be fatal but definitely neurotoxic.
  • Options
    One advantage of a General Amnesty, is that is it purely an act of mercy. With zero reference to particulars of any particular case.

Great anniversaries are also great opportunities for welcoming back prodigals and similar back into the fold.

Just saying.
  • Options
    Fellow PBers, what is the big advantage of Affirmative Voting over RCV, STV or (dare I say?) STV, let alone FPTP??
  • Options

Bring back Tim

No
  • Options
    Yesterday's touching moment of amity and understanding between Leon and Heathener, and now tonight this barrage of images from the two decades. Truly pb.com is hitting us with the emotional power chords at the moment.
    Right, off to be tooth fairy (youngest daughter now has a gap three teeth wide in her lovely top gum) then off to bed. A pleasant reminiscence tonight.
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,230
    MrEd said:

I was in hospital for a minor procedure earlier this week, nurse said they'd give me a sedative. Only found out when I was discharged it was fentanyl. Can definitely see it's addictive qualities....
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1489554421344354304

I am not sure if anyone else has posted this but Labour leading on the economy is very significant indeed.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Eabhal said:

I just checked PoliticsJoe and I came across an interview with a very nice ex colleague of Johnson's. She hates him but she's a very entertaining interviewee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQUIzo2Ze4
    That is an absolute gem.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949
    As far as I can tell from the archives, I started posting on PB in 2013, but I'm sure I'd been reading for at least a few months before. I've waxed and waned a lot over the years though, going from mass posts to lurker and back again a couple of times.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,701
    If you try to read the comments on PB, it doesn't work if you go back more than a certain number of years. Maybe something to do with the different comment systems that have been used. But you can often read them on the Wayback Machine.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1489554421344354304

I am not sure if anyone else has posted this but Labour leading on the economy is very significant indeed.

Also, Labour has a big lead on “manage housing”, which is interesting.

But they don’t have much a lead on managing the pandemic, which surprises me.
  • Options

Makes a change from reporting the death of the Queen.
  • Options
    Penddu2Penddu2 Posts: 595
    There was a discussion on previous thread about imperial architectures. A great place to see this is in Shanghai, which was carved up after the Opium wars - into 4 quarters - French, British, American and Chinese. Today the French Quarter is full of cafe lined streets with shady trees - the British Quarter has grand buildings with columns fronting the river at The Bund - the Chinese Quarter has palaces over ponds that look just like a movie set - while the American quarter has nothing excpt souless warehouse. All a huge contrast with Modern Shanghai built opposite the Bund with its massive skyscrapers....

There are also German, Italian, Russian and Serbian quarters in other cities -
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Seems appropriate. I'm sure when it happens, 100,000 Spetsnaz will have accidentally ended up in Ukraine...
  • Options
    Happy bidet, pb.com.

I first discovered this site in the run up to the 2005 general election. You've all been the background soundtrack to my life ever since. Muzak for political nerds.

A shout out to Martin Day and his yellow taxi. Very prescient....
  • Options
    Penddu2Penddu2 Posts: 595
    Qingdao and Tianjin I think. I have been to both cities but not their foreign quarters. I believe the Germans brought brewing - Qingdao = Tsingtao
  • Options
    Nerdle is better than Wordle.
  • Options
    StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,061
    MrEd said:

Roger said:

MrEd said:

Hope she is ok
  • Options
    StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,061

Surely you can find a few City rats to save, or at least sucor, as part of your animal protection duties? Thus justifying at least one night in luxury suite . . . or maybe Quincel's locker?
    @Cyclefree is doing her best to eliminate the City rats
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Nerdle is better than Wordle.

Poor effort on Wordle today - took 5. Kicking myself I didn't see it sooner....
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Can we see any images of the old green website, if I remember correctly?

When posts were numbered .....
    Ahhh nostalgia, a drug for the elderly.
  • Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,265
    Good morning all and how fantastic about political betting's 18th anniversary. That's remarkable. Congratulations to Mike and all contributors.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone.

Glad that the site's been going this long.
  • Options
    Mr. Ed, hope she's ok.
This discussion has been closed.