Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Now a 58% betting chance that the PM won’t survive 2022 – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,983
    Mortimer said:

Based on conversations with my other half and colleagues, Boris Johnson and everyone in Downing Street should resign and be imprisoned for serving and drinking (Tesco) rosé.

Apparently for connoisseurs of alcohol/people with good taste it is the equivalent of drinking lighter fluid.

The only thing worse than Apple fans are Tesla fans. And the only thing worse than Tesla fans are wine snobs ;)
    As a good and devout Muslim this is one of those conversations I'm not qualified to participate in.
    Just as long as you don't boost Star Citizen. ;)
    A very good friend likes his whisky. He took a girl on a date to a very quiet, very high quality place, somewhat famous at the time for their selection of single malts. She had claimed to like whisky...

He bought her a double of a rather nice one.

He had to leave for a few moments. When he got back he discovered that she had got the bar tender to add Diet Coke to her drink...

Apparently my friend didn't say a word. Went on with the evening as if nothing had happened.

Never spoke to her again, of course.
    Quite right, the lass was perfectly correct in blanking the pompous sod.
    He wasn't like that at all - he actually thought that since she'd lied about the liking whisky, that she was obviously saying things that she thought would go down well. Rather than speaking her mind.
    This guy must be some desirable dude if women are prepared to lie about what they eat and drink to get into his affections.
    A long while back, we were at a event at the Victoria Room in the House of Commons. My friend was accompanied by his current girlfriend, an actual model.

It was quite interesting to note the MPs who spent their time talking to her, ignoring him.

Portillo totally ignored her, to talk to my friend.
    Class act. The best PM we never had...
    Apart from Ken Clarke.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,983

Fucking hell.

Starmer recounts a personal story about a woman whose father died from Covid and Johnson replies with "We have the fastest growing economy in the G7."

Fucking hell.

Even I have never screwed up answering a question that badly.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,429

eek said:

“In #Tianjin, epidemiological investigations on 80 people infected with #Omicron found that 76 of them had been **fully vaccinated with Chinese-made vaccines**, including 20 who had received a booster shot.”

https://t.co/57er5pteKY

👊🏽 @Nectar_Gan

https://twitter.com/klustout/status/1481180825756618756?t=5PnqE5lK0mKNfNh8QmK86Q&s=19

Another Chinese city of 13m in lockdown.

The problem with the Chinese made vaccines is that they don't seem to work that well - it's not quite injecting a saline solution but it's not far off.
    This is why the party are clearly taking such extreme measures they know their population isn't protected and big O spreads like crazy. Their narrative of total success against fighting COVID could self-destruct.
    to be accurate, Sinovac had the poorest protection, but Sinopharm was quite a bit better. But both are much worse against Delta and Winnie-the-Pooh.
  • Options
    It was quite good acting by Johnson; I almost believed he was contrite until the camera went onto his face at the end where he looked very angry. False humility on top of incompetence in the extreme. He is unfit for office and should resign.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    DavidL said:

So, SKS has called upon the PM to resign, the PM has declined. Surely the next step is a VONC?

Yep, force every Tory MP to sign up to this nonsense.
  • Options
    HYUFD continued defence of Boris is more embarrassing than Nigel Farage becoming novax biggest fan and standing up against harsh treatment of people lying on their visa applications.
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

stjohn said:

I think Boris is doing OK under the circumstances.

He's kept up a contrite sober demeanour throughout which for him must be quite a struggle.
    Plenty of practice with his ex-wives.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,012
    eek said:

Is HYUFD watching a different PMQs, one from a parallel / mirror universe?

The same one, Starmer may be winning a few debating points, Boris coming across more empathetic and better in living rooms and showing the humility he needed.

As a Tory member and branch chairman Boris stays. This Cummings coup must be stopped
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    eek said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    Suspect a lawyer has had a look at that statement.
    Quote Tweet
    Ben Riley-Smith
    @benrileysmith
    · 4m
    The core of Boris Johnson’s defence was in that apology - he thought May 20 was a work event, technically it was, Downing St garden an extension of the government office.

Although that then undermines the argument that the No 10 garden is 'his' garden as the resident.
  • Options
    eek said:

Boris Johnson loaned him a pair of bullshit coloured specs
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,416
    IshmaelZ said:

hannah stuff is overegging it

It was listened to in a terrifying silence. Very odd moment. Like something from an over the top tv drama
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419
    HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Surely the 1922 has got to get him out now!

No, Boris will now survive I think.

Until when?

He'll last the day out, certainly. He'll not see in 2023 as PM.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307
    maaarsh said:

DavidL said:

So, SKS has called upon the PM to resign, the PM has declined. Surely the next step is a VONC?

Its a no brainer, isn't it? Tie them to his mast.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited January 2022

eek said:

“In #Tianjin, epidemiological investigations on 80 people infected with #Omicron found that 76 of them had been **fully vaccinated with Chinese-made vaccines**, including 20 who had received a booster shot.”

👊🏽 @Nectar_Gan

https://twitter.com/klustout/status/1481180825756618756?t=5PnqE5lK0mKNfNh8QmK86Q&s=19

The problem with the Chinese made vaccines is that they don't seem to work that well - it's not quite injecting a saline solution but it's not far off.
    This is why the party are clearly taking such extreme measures they know their population isn't protected and big O spreads like crazy. Their narrative of total success against fighting COVID could self-destruct.
    to be accurate, Sinovac had the poorest protection, but Sinopharm was quite a bit better. But both are much worse against Delta and Winnie-the-Pooh.
    I think that was to perceived wisdom, but I seemed to remember reading that both now have been found to be basically useless.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,284

eek said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    Quote Tweet
    Ben Riley-Smith
    @benrileysmith
    · 4m
    The core of Boris Johnson’s defence was in that apology - he thought May 20 was a work event, technically it was, Downing St garden an extension of the government office.

Work event is not sufficient regardless. It would have needed to be essential for work.
    A point someone in the chamber on the ball should pick up….
  • Options

DavidL said:

SNP's job.
    Generally, whilst time can be scheduled for a no confidence motion presented by another party, the convention is that it would normally only be scheduled where the Official Opposition introduces it.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,977
    Boris empathetic?
    I've heard it all now.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    I’ve still not changed my mind. Starmer and Blackford overdoing it.

A drink after work, outside in the office garden, really isn’t the end of the world that’s being portrayed.
  • Options
    Unpopular said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

I'm a few minutes behind, but I'm inclined to agree. The call for Boris's resignation might have hardened the resolve of the backbenchers to support the Government.

• Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    HYUFD said:

eek said:

The same one, Starmer may be winning a few debating points, Boris coming across more empathetic and better in living rooms and showing the humility he needed.

As a Tory member and branch chairman Boris stays. This Cummings coup must be stopped
    Boris has no humilty. He'll be smirking and laughing within minutes.

He needs to go. Is is unfit.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,627
    Foxy said:

Just uncorked* a bottle at work, matron not looking impressed. I have explained that this is normal at busy workplaces, but she still seems to object. What is wrong with her?

* Not really. Obviously!

She's a fan of screw-top bottles?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

eek said:

Oh dear
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,983

Mortimer said:

Based on conversations with my other half and colleagues, Boris Johnson and everyone in Downing Street should resign and be imprisoned for serving and drinking (Tesco) rosé.

Apparently for connoisseurs of alcohol/people with good taste it is the equivalent of drinking lighter fluid.

The only thing worse than Apple fans are Tesla fans. And the only thing worse than Tesla fans are wine snobs ;)
    As a good and devout Muslim this is one of those conversations I'm not qualified to participate in.
    Just as long as you don't boost Star Citizen. ;)
    A very good friend likes his whisky. He took a girl on a date to a very quiet, very high quality place, somewhat famous at the time for their selection of single malts. She had claimed to like whisky...

He bought her a double of a rather nice one.

He had to leave for a few moments. When he got back he discovered that she had got the bar tender to add Diet Coke to her drink...

Apparently my friend didn't say a word. Went on with the evening as if nothing had happened.

Never spoke to her again, of course.
    Quite right, the lass was perfectly correct in blanking the pompous sod.
    He wasn't like that at all - he actually thought that since she'd lied about the liking whisky, that she was obviously saying things that she thought would go down well. Rather than speaking her mind.
    This guy must be some desirable dude if women are prepared to lie about what they eat and drink to get into his affections.
    A long while back, we were at a event at the Victoria Room in the House of Commons. My friend was accompanied by his current girlfriend, an actual model.

It was quite interesting to note the MPs who spent their time talking to her, ignoring him.

Portillo totally ignored her, to talk to my friend.
    Class act. The best PM we never had...
    Errrr.. It was more a matter of.... interests. As was quite obvious.

The reaction from his girlfriend (the model) was hilarious. I think for her, being the object of attention was assumed. She wasn't angry, just really non-plussed and a bit puzzled. Afterwards I mentioned the rumours and she said "yeah, obviously".
    She sounds like she was a right balloon.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,148
    eek said:

Fucking hell.

Starmer recounts a personal story about a woman whose father died from Covid and Johnson replies with "We have the fastest growing economy in the G7."

Fucking hell.

Even I have never screwed up answering a question that badly.
    If this was one of my witnesses in a Tribunal case I was fighting I would be crying by now. But it’s not.
  • Options
    UnpopularUnpopular Posts: 783
    Unpopular said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

I'm a few minutes behind, but I'm inclined to agree. The call for Boris's resignation might have hardened the resolve of the backbenchers to support the Government.
    Replying to myself, but perhaps, as has been written here before, that if Starmer's best bet at the moment is to keep Boris in power then calling for his resignation might be a sound strategy.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,255

eek said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    Quote Tweet
    Ben Riley-Smith
    @benrileysmith
    · 4m

Although that then undermines the argument that the No 10 garden is 'his' garden as the resident.
    How can it be a work event when the email described it as "socially-distanced drinks" and bring your own bottle?

The email is the smoking gun.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    HYUFD said:

Brilliant line from Boris.

'I know he is paid to try and remove me from office but please wait for the inquiry'

Brilliant? He's in a worse position now than he was twenty minutes ago. Which I admit is an achievement
  • Options
    edited January 2022

eek said:

👊🏽 @Nectar_Gan

I think that was to perceived wisdom, but I seemed to remember reading that both now have been found to be basically useless.
    Against the original strain they were lower on the list of vaccines in terms of efficacy. The problem is the new strains. The other vaccines have held up much better.

As I understand it.

I have heard it rumoured that a couple of countries are considering not accepting vaccination with Sinovac for entry.
  • Options
    Is there a Tory in the house brave enough to make some history…
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Foxy said:

Just uncorked* a bottle at work, matron not looking impressed. I have explained that this is normal at busy workplaces, but she still seems to object. What is wrong with her?

* Not really. Obviously!

I have worked in an office where booze was provided in the kitchen for free. We were trusted to be responsible.
  • Options
    We went into this knowing a couple that an apology won't cut it as sinks the "wait for the Grey enquiry" nonsense and demonstrates his previous lies to the commons

And yet that is the play. We cannot pre-judge the Sue Grey enquiry into whether there was a party which I have just said I was at.

How does that work?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,789
    DavidL said:

maaarsh said:

DavidL said:

Surely stuff their ears with wax and let them do the hard work rowing while he ties himself to the mast?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Sandpit said:

A drink after work, outside in the office garden, really isn’t the end of the world that’s being portrayed.

Exactly, this is now just Labour and the SNP playing party politics and Cummings pushing his attempted coup to get rid of Boris and make Sunak his puppet PM. It must be stopped!!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    DUP will tacitly support Starmer if push and shove come at the next GE if it's between him and Johnson.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

eek said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    Quote Tweet
    Ben Riley-Smith
    @benrileysmith
    · 4m

Schrodinger’s garden?
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,274
    Boris, the good-times PM, can't identify a party when he sees one? What sort of moron does he want us to believe he is?
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,779

stjohn said:

Agreed.

It helps that he gets rather a lot of practice at this kind of thing.

Btw I spend quite a bit of time in Aston these days. It's rather nice. Do they have a decent football team locally perchance? It might be rather nice to go watch them.
    Hi Peter. I'm not saying Boris should survive and his position is stretching credibility. But if the enquiry finds that he attended the event "in good faith", "believing' he was attending a work event, he may yet survive. It all depends on Sue Gray in my view. His fate is in her hands.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Brilliant line from Boris.

'I know he is paid to try and remove me from office but please wait for the inquiry'

You seriously think that was a "brilliant line". Wow. OK!
  • Options
    StereodogStereodog Posts: 400

DavidL said:

SNP's job.
    Unless the rules have changed the SNP can't automatically table a VONC. That privilege is reserved for the official opposition.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,722

eek said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    Quote Tweet
    Ben Riley-Smith
    @benrileysmith
    · 4m

Work event is not sufficient regardless. It would have needed to be essential for work.
    He is being skewered by the absurdity of his own rules. What if the work colleagues had stood around inside No 10 with mugs of coffee?
  • Options
    mickydroymickydroy Posts: 234
    I am trying to decide who is looking the more ridiculous, Johnson or HYUFD, tough call
  • Options

eek said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    Quote Tweet
    Ben Riley-Smith
    @benrileysmith
    · 4m

Oh I think that's the point. When you go back you will discover that statement 1 contradicts statement 2 but that's for next week when someone has had a chance to pick it up.

One issue with PMQs is that its all scripted so it's hard (I seem to remember it's technically impossible) to react to someone else's previous questions...
  • Options
    Did that SNP MP just use a Scottish subsample?
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Sandpit said:

Boris looks a totally busted flush here and has been destroyed today. Doesn't mean I think parties should have been banned.
  • Options
    stjohn said:

stjohn said:

Agreed.

Btw I spend quite a bit of time in Aston these days. It's rather nice. Do they have a decent football team locally perchance? It might be rather nice to go watch them.
    Hi Peter. I'm not saying Boris should survive and his position is stretching credibility. But if the enquiry finds that he attended the event "in good faith", "believing' he was attending a work event, he may yet survive. It all depends on Sue Gray in my view. His fate is in her hands.
    Not if it turns out as is extremely likely that there were a number of such events and every single time the PM thought it was a work event.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

DUP will tacitly support Starmer if push and shove come at the next GE if it's between him and Johnson.

Not if Boris and Truss trigger Art 16
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    HYUFD said:

eek said:

"As pressure mounts on Boris Johnson over whether he attended a No 10 party during lockdown in May 2020, the BBC has spoken to families of people who died that same month."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-59963012
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    edited January 2022

"79% should resign" sounds quite good for the PM in Scotland I think in the circs
  • Options
    StereodogStereodog Posts: 400
    If I were being cynical I'd be tempted to think that Boris already knows what the outcome of the inquiry will be.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,959
    stjohn said:

if the enquiry finds that he attended the event "in good faith", "believing' he was attending a work event, he may yet survive.

Why was his wife at a "work event" ?
  • Options
    mickydroy said:

I am trying to decide who is looking the more ridiculous, Johnson or HYUFD, tough call

Q - You mock me, sir?
    A - Mock you, sir?
    Q - Mock me not, sir. No man mocks me, sir.
    A - The wise man mocks the man. The mocked man mocks the mocker.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,201
    Sandpit said:

Lying about it on the other hand...
  • Options

eek said:

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    Quote Tweet
    Ben Riley-Smith
    @benrileysmith
    · 4m

How can it be a work event when the email described it as "socially-distanced drinks" and bring your own bottle?

The email is the smoking gun.
    Also email says "it would be nice" and does not require attendance. Very curious type of essential business meeting where any number between 0 and 100 is sufficient, as long as they bring their own booze.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

You do appreciate that it's not the "drink after work, outside in the office garden" that's the problem, per se, it's 1) the rule setters not following their own rules to the letter, and 2) the lying.
    Lying to parliament is now the issue.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,959
    The only thing that has surprised me so far is the PM not answering the ‘will you resign?’ question with a clear actual ‘no’.
    https://twitter.com/gabyhinsliff/status/1481239613784080387

How’s Boris Johnson doing in his MPs’ eyes? One just texted me this… https://twitter.com/IsabelHardman/status/1481240095302856712/photo/1
  • Options

HYUFD said:

eek said:

"As pressure mounts on Boris Johnson over whether he attended a No 10 party during lockdown in May 2020, the BBC has spoken to families of people who died that same month."

Who now would be much less likely to die thanks to the vaccination and booster rollout thanks to Boris the UK now leads the G7 on.

Sad cases all but Boris not having a brief post work thank you drinks in the No 10 garden would not have saved their lives
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,871
    eek said:

Must be.

Starmer deserves an A+ today

HYUFD a U
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    Better for Labour if Boris stays tbh
  • Options
    stjohnstjohn Posts: 1,779

stjohn said:

stjohn said:

Agreed.

Not if it turns out as is extremely likely that there were a number of such events and every single time the PM thought it was a work event.
    If Sue Gray accepts the same defence for each event he attended then he may yet survive.
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

stjohn said:

He's kept up a contrite sober demeanour throughout which for him must be quite a struggle.
    Plenty of practice with his ex-wives.
    Not just the ex-
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,122
    Johnson: it's my party and I'll lie if I want to.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

eek said:

👊🏽 @Nectar_Gan

Against the original strain they were lower on the list of vaccines in terms of efficacy. The problem is the new strains. The other vaccines have held up much better.

As I understand it.

I have heard it rumoured that a couple of countries are considering not accepting vaccination with Sinovac for entry.
    I don't have time to dig out the article, but even Sinopharm was found to be rubbish because the protection it did give waned so quickly. I think about 3 months was about all you got in terms of protection. Chile were jabbing people 4 times, 2 pfizer, because of this.
  • Options

eek said:

Must be.

HYUFD a U
    Please explain
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

DavidL said:

maaarsh said:

DavidL said:

Surely stuff their ears with wax and let them do the hard work rowing while he ties himself to the mast?
    I am not sure that Boris is as smart as Odysseus and I am having an even harder time imagining SKS as a Siren. But yes.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Why is Drax having to ask that as a PMQ?
  • Options
    Johnson's problem is the stuff about saying he didn't realise it was a party. It's the thing that will be latched onto - it's so ridiculous, and that sort of thing cuts through.
  • Options
    awful defence in which he says sorry but not sorry because it was work - simply because if he says a simple sorry he would have misled the house previously - totally trapped
  • Options

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Until when?

He'll last the day out, certainly. He'll not see in 2023 as PM.
    Yes. Most of the Tory party has already inked in May for his departure; the only question is whether events force him to go earlier.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Oh the drink itself isn't a problem - the way they've gone about it and the way they've covered it up is a problem

Remember that in December Boris was in his Garden for a drink
    In January he was in the Office garden for a work do that shouldn't have occurred.

The garden isn't as @RochdalePioneers points out a Schrödinger Garden it's either a workplace or a home garden - it cannot be both.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    Give it up HY! Boris is done. It's all over.
  • Options

eek said:

Must be.

HYUFD a U
    You?

Giving Starmer an A+?

Truly we are in the End Times :D
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

eek said:

Who now would be much less likely to die thanks to the vaccination and booster rollout thanks to Boris the UK now leads the G7 on.

Sad cases all but Boris not having a brief post work thank you drinks in the No 10 garden would not have saved their lives
    "Thank you"? You don't say BYOB on the invite, oh no you don't.
  • Options
    Karl Turner well 'ard.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Sandpit said:

Exactly, this is now just Labour and the SNP playing party politics and Cummings pushing his attempted coup to get rid of Boris and make Sunak his puppet PM. It must be stopped!!
    Are you suggesting that Cummings is the British Trump - trying to turn to the Conservative Party into the Cummings Party in all but name?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

Not if Boris and Truss trigger Art 16
    So the doomsday dead cat...
  • Options
    Jim Pickard
    @PickardJE
    if anyone was expecting an apology, they didn't get it, with that line about him having thought it was a "work event"
  • Options

eek said:

Must be.

HYUFD a U
    You?

Giving Starmer an A+?

Truly we are in the End Times :D
    BJO Always votes Labour, even in 2019, hardly a huge coup he is back in the red camp
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,697
    PM tried to strike a very different tone, no gags, no smirks, body language of his colleagues, including on front bench shows how uneasy his party his - not sure the excuse that technically it wasn't a party will soothe the anger among his MPs

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1481238888085606402?s=20
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,871
    Toby Perkins. Good question.

Not answered
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898

Johnson's problem is the stuff about saying he didn't realise it was a party. It's the thing that will be latched onto - it's so ridiculous, and that sort of thing cuts through.

The way his opponents are going on, it’s as if they invited a load of outsiders, caterers and a DJ, and kept going until three in the morning.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Nope, I am now more determined than ever this morning Boris must stay.

This Cummings coup must be stopped at all costs!
  • Options

Is the banhammer itching in your hands?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Labour likes this 👍
  • Options
    edited January 2022

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Labour likes this 👍
    To be honest after the events of the last 24 hours I would almost prefer a PM Starmer than a Cummings puppet as PM if the Cummings coup to topple Boris, our biggest election winner since Thatcher, succeeded.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    Wonder if Therea's tempted to stand up and tell him to resign?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Well, I think that SNP just debased politics even more than Boris Johnson.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

She looks tempted.
  • Options
    Stereodog said:

DavidL said:

SNP's job.
    Unless the rules have changed the SNP can't automatically table a VONC. That privilege is reserved for the official opposition.
    Strictly, they can table one (as they did once before) but it isn’t guaranteed any parliamentary time.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,226
    GIN1138 said:

Surely the worst Prime Minister since Lord North.
  • Options
    TMay has cat that got at cream look about her, even with the mask
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

She's biding her time.

I think she's waiting for the debate on Sue Grey's report.
  • Options

Better for Labour if Boris stays tbh

Better for Labour if all of his possible replacements are forced to vote to defend this. If SKS misses this chance he may regret it. As LOTO he should move it as soon as PMQs is over, just as Boris thinks he is getting out of there.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Johnson is the Monty Python Crusader and you are claiming a flesh wound.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,687
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Labour likes this 👍
    To be honest after the events of the last 24 hours I would almost prefer a PM Starmer than a Cummings puppet as PM if the Cummings coup to topple Boris, our biggest election winner since Thatcher, succeeded.
    You have a Cummings puppet as PM now - the only trouble is Cummings is cutting the strings one by one.
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,722
    Why is @Isam still banned? Would have liked to hear his views on all this.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,202
    Foxy said:

* Not really. Obviously!

Foxy - you've gone down in my estimation - I hoped you really were having a tipple to get through!
  • Options

DavidL said:

Well, I think that SNP just debased politics even more than Boris Johnson.
    Away and have a glass of Irn-Bru and Talisker, but hold the Talisker, and you'll feel much better.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Boris excuse reminds me of Peep Show episode when they have a work conference and Mark takes his laptop to a strip club so he can finish his presentation.....
This discussion has been closed.