Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Keeping Score: My 2021 Roundup – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited January 2022 in General
imageKeeping Score: My 2021 Roundup – politicalbetting.com

As regular readers will know, I’m very much a disciple of Philip Tetlock and his Superforecasting approach. Forecasting is hard, and human beings are bad at it. But we can get better and more clear-eyed about the future by following a proper approach.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Happy New Year. A final tip for 2021. Don't watch the New Year in on BBC1. It's really really bad. The days of the licence fee are numbered I fear.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    Great stuff, keep it up @Quincel.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    Happy New Year.
    Sure it will be better than the last 2. Would be going some tbf.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    Happy New Year!

There are fireworks after all in London.
  • Happy New Year everyone!
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    edited January 2022
    Hmm. Cloudflare origin server error to start 2022. ETA works now, obviously!
  • Sounds like the Blitz here in Ilford North :lol:
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164

Happy New Year. A final tip for 2021. Don't watch the New Year in on BBC1. It's really really bad. The days of the licence fee are numbered I fear.

They've gone full woke!
  • There are some serious fireworks just over the road, and I think it must be a family really pleased to leave 2021 behind. It is like a corporate display but it can't be.
  • JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 5,997
    Happy new year everyone. Can't be much worse than the last two. Enjoying a few glasses of Ardbeg.
  • No idea what the BBC is up to. I suppose pointing a camera at the fireworks was too bloody obvious.
  • XtrainXtrain Posts: 337
    tlg86 said:

Happy New Year. A final tip for 2021. Don't watch the New Year in on BBC1. It's really really bad. The days of the licence fee are numbered I fear.

They've gone full woke!
    Nauseating!
  • Royal fucking Naval College - makes a change from Big Ben!
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    edited January 2022

Royal fucking Naval College - makes a change from Big Ben!

University of Greenwich now, isn't it?

ETA Big Ben is still wrapped in scaffolding.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    2021 what a load of old bollocks.

Please may 2022 be good. Come on it would be a nice surprise.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Happy New Year friends. 🎆
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,748
    edited January 2022
    Happy New Year to all PBers and Peter Hitchens.
    I think all can give thanks that at the end of 2021 absolutely everyone knows how to pronounce Ghislaine.

Edit: wp Quincel.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    SPD most seats was a superb tip.
    So good, looking back it seems obvious. But was unlikely at the time. All the clues were there though.
    The best kind of bet.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    Happy New Year PBers.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Things can only get better, as Sir Tony would say! Happy 2022 all - and thanks to the brilliant Quincel.
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    Let the saudi blood money spunking begin!
  • Happy New Year everyone. 🎉🎉
    tlg86 said:

They've gone full woke!
    It was full crap. First thing I'd watched on BBC in a long time and it was utterly awful. Don't mind woke if it's good quality, but it just was dire.

Switched to Jools Holland on BBC2 and this is much, much better. No idea why that crap was on "one" and this is on the second channel.
    tlg86 said:

Happy New Year everyone. 🎉🎉

tlg86 said:

They've gone full woke!
    It was full crap. First thing I'd watched on BBC in a long time and it was utterly awful. Don't mind woke if it's good quality, but it just was dire.

Switched to Jools Holland on BBC2 and this is much, much better. No idea why that crap was on "one" and this is on the second channel.
    Hilarious moment when Ed Sheeran casually mentioned that Ipswich were "currently losing to Barrow", thus giving away that this was filmed on 15 December.
    Whenever I've been at home on NYE I've watched JH.. Sometimes good, sometimes bad Having discovered that it's prerecorded I feel cheated. It's a fraud they count down to the New Year on a clock. Maybe I'm naive but for me it feels fraudulent!
    Even though it isn't live it's ten times better than the woke shit on BBC1!
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,183
    Happy 2022 all!
    Spent NYE in my friend's glorified shed. Wonderfully, around 30 other people were there too. I'll never take such frivolities for granted again. Pushed our luck and our daughters saw the NY in too - in retrospect, it was 45 minutes over budget for our 7 year old, though the older two (10 and 11) had a lovely time.
    In the spirit of the header, best bets of the year were anything to do with the C&A by-election, particularly Tories sub 35%. Which was always on the cards due to the number of people standing.
    I'd like to think of something suitably celebratory and valedictory but am far far, far too drunk. Goodnight all and happy 2022.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,183

tlg86 said:

They've gone full woke!

This has always been a bone of contention at NYE for me. Jools Holland is a NYE institution. Sometimes I've ended up at houses where BBC1 is on for NYE, and it is utterly joyless. JH might ne filmed 2 weeks in advance, but manages to capture the joy that NYE should be; BBC1 gets the arbitrariness of the date change but without the joy of it.
  • RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788
    Happy 2022 all! Been on a little bar crawl around Leeds tonight, only got asked for my vax passport once, and they didn't bother to scan it, so say what you will about enforcement!
  • MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    rcs1000 said:

Happy New Year PBers!

You've still got some time to go
  • TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Happy New Year from the East Coast
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    Happy New Year everyone!

As usual, we didn't stay up until midnight.
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good morning, everyone.

It was a surprise, but a pleasant one to be sure, that I actually nudged into the green for the 2021 F1 season. A combination of poor judgement and rotten luck made that seems highly improbable early on.

But then, 2020 was riddled with flukes and good judgement, so these things do vary.
  • GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191

And, for those who recall my beef of a few days ago, the missing bag of presents has turned up!

Pray tell us where!

• OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,715
    edited January 2022
    Gadfly said:

And, for those who recall my beef of a few days ago, the missing bag of presents has turned up!

Pray tell us where!

Son-in-law's garage. Where either he or Eldest Granddaughter had put them. We had a vey relieved text yesterday morning, [plus a picture) to show that during the storage process a dust-sheet had inadvertently been pulled over them!
    So they will be 'formally' distributed on Sunday morning! (They're all from one household and for another).
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 4,746
    Happy new year. Lets hope its plague and lockdown free.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    A stunning sunrise developing this morning, and the first significant blue sky since Boxing Day

Good morning everyone. Happy New Year. No fireworks locally as far as I know, but we were dead to the world, saving our energies for 2022.
    As last year, top resolution is to see the morning of Jan 1st 2023! At least!

The town seems to have had its fireworks last night at 10pm, so everyone could get back to bed nice and early. Very sensible.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,770

Good morning everyone. Happy New Year. No fireworks locally as far as I know, but we were dead to the world, saving our energies for 2022.

We found our missing bag of peasants. Some idiot had stuffed them in a sack and left them in the garage.

Gadfly said:

Pray tell us where!

Son-in-law's garage. Where either he or Eldest Granddaughter had put them. We had a vey relieved text yesterday morning, [plus a picture) to show that during the storage process a dust-sheet had inadvertently been pulled over them!
    So they will be 'formally' distributed on Sunday morning! (They're all from one household and for another).
    Lol. So no local Xmas crime wave? Drop the front page…..
  • AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,004
    Happy New Year everyone.

Spent NYE day out in Oxford for the panto and lunch. Pleased to report the panto was almost completely full but with all adults wearing masks. Oxford itself seemed very busy. Spent the evening at a friend's party. Lots of people there but all took LFTs beforehand which picked up on one Covid case. All my 3 kids made it to midnight including the 4yo who seemed to have more energy than anyone! It did feel slightly strange to have a mostly normal NYE despite the very large number of Covid cases.

I am optimistic that the current Covid wave will be the final one. So many people are being exposed to it that many will develop immunity. I know I was exposed to Omicron on Boxing Day at my sister in law's but so far we have all avoided getting it (we all previously had Delta and are jabbed up).

I wish everyone on here a good 2022. Let us all hope we can return to discussing politics rather than lockdowns!
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Xtrain said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

They've gone full woke!

Hilarious moment when Ed Sheeran casually mentioned that Ipswich were "currently losing to Barrow", thus giving away that this was filmed on 15 December.
    Whenever I've been at home on NYE I've watched JH.. Sometimes good, sometimes bad Having discovered that it's prerecorded I feel cheated. It's a fraud they count down to the New Year on a clock. Maybe I'm naive but for me it feels fraudulent!
    Surely defrauded rather than fraudulent?

As a spectator you are barely complicit
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rcs1000 said:

We found our missing bag of peasants. Some idiot had stuffed them in a sack and left them in the garage.
    Happy new year to you and @SeaShantyIrish and our other west coast correspondents
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,140

I think all can give thanks that at the end of 2021 absolutely everyone knows how to pronounce Ghislaine.

Those flags - obviously the main four are the main allies (USSR, USA, UK and China), and that is the Soviet Naval Ensign in 2/3 white above 1/3 blue, but what is the one with the radiating blue and white pattern?

Happy New Year to everyone!

Hopefully we'll see a new PM before 2022 is done... :)
  • Carnyx said:

Those flags - obviously the main four are the main allies (USSR, USA, UK and China), and that is the Soviet Naval Ensign in 2/3 white above 1/3 blue, but what is the one with the radiating blue and white pattern?
    Could it be gold/yellow?

• Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880
    Carnyx said:

Soviet Air Force ensign.
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Carnyx said:

In my naive attempt to answer your question, stumbled upon this. Austrian and Icelandic SSRs quite cool, but the English SSR is total rubbish.

https://www.pinterest.se/pin/396176098449869305/

Gott nytt år!

A guid New Year to ane an' a'
    An' mony may ye see,
    An' during a' the years to come,
    O happy may ye be.
  • IanB2 said:

That is no good for my bet that Boris would resign in 2021.

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

It is yellow, not white, but Dura has aced it already

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

Nope. Not remotely close.
    Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Soviet Air Force ensign.
    Thanks!

And happy new year everyone/guid new year ane an a/Bliadhna Mhath Ùr*

*pronunciation here if needed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATU5uJiDE7g&t=1s
    Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Soviet Air Force ensign.
    The best Russian flag:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensign_of_the_Russian_Navy

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

The Soviet Air Forces (VVS) ensign is indeed blue and yellow, didn't think of that! Thanks.
    edited January 2022
    For a near guaranteed 5% return in a year, Betfair has a market still running "Next EU country to invoke Article 50 before 2023" with "none" at 1.05. A bet I managed to get on in Jan 2019 at 1.58, such was the delusion of Brexiters that they were the first domino. There's about £500 still sitting to be matched at 1.05....
  • Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Soviet Air Force ensign.
    The best Russian flag:

St Andrew's Cross. LOL. HNY.
    IanB2 said:

No chance. They’re doubling down on Johnson.

Great for your party and mine.
    Appalling for our countries.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880
    edited January 2022
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

The Soviet Air Forces (VVS) ensign is indeed blue and yellow, didn't think of that! Thanks.
    Now we need to discuss why he's holding an SVT which were pretty fucking rare in 1945.

Then we can move briskly on and shift the focus of performative pedantry onto the question of whether 'kids' or 'guys' is the better translation for 'ребята'.
  • Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

No, but a good Scottish flag.
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797

IanB2 said:

There is a lot of bad news to come.

And it makes sense to let Boris own as much of the blame for it as possible.

Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Soviet Air Force ensign.
    The best Russian flag:

St Andrew's Cross. LOL. HNY.
    Both the modern Russian navy and the U.S. navy were founded by Scots.

https://weaponsandwarfare.com/2017/07/11/scots-in-russian-naval-service/amp/

https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/usbiography/j/johnpauljones.html

And the Order of St Andrew ranks above the Order of St George.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_St._Andrew
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,881
    Happy New Year all. Many thanks to Quincel - impressive discipline to see the roundup and my NY resolution is to do the same next year.

The missing bit is how much he staked on each outcome. Putting more on winners and less on losers is as important as having fewer losers.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,458
    rcs1000 said:

Bag of peasants? The mind boggles.
    edited January 2022
    Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

Now we need to discuss why he's holding an SVT which were pretty fucking rare in 1945.

Then we can move briskly on and shift the focus of performative pedantry onto the question of whether 'kids' or 'guys' is the better translation for 'ребята'.
    On checking, they did make about 1.6m SVT-40 and the earlier and similar SVT-38. But maybe it was copied from an older poster or photo anyway from when it was going to be the best thing since sliced black bread. Not as anomalous as an AK-47, certainly! At lkeast he is wearing a (fish?) fur hat rather than that weird pointed thing that was common 1919-1941.

• murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,037
    Happy New Year folks!

Let's hope 2022 is better than 2021. Tories polling 20 points behind will help make this year better of course!

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

Huh?

A good Belizean flag?
    A good Antiguan flag?
    A good English flag?

I suppose so. At a pinch. But only if you also acknowledge the UN flag as your proud birthright.
    edited January 2022
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/01/new-zealand-yoga-industry-suffers-as-anti-vax-sentiment-co-opts-wellness-industry

Interesting piece; for instance some of the yoga industry is closing down rather than 'operate under Aotearoa’s “traffic light” system, which requires teachers and students alike to be double vaccinated.'

But not all gloom: a happy ending, modern equivalent of Cromwell praising the Lord but keeping the powder dry:

'Eventually science, and some helpful words from her brother overseas, brought her over the line. With help from her meditation teacher doing a sermon on radical acceptance over the car speakers, she got her vaccine at a drive through clinic in South Auckland.

“I took my beads that I got in Utah that were cedar berries for protective energy and I was just saying to myself, ‘I’m divinely protected’,” said Griffen.

“And I got the Pfizer protection too, because I believe in that as well.”'

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226
    rcs1000 said:

Lol. The west coast elite are up to all sorts now.
    murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

Let's hope 2022 is better than 2021. Tories polling 20 points behind will help make this year better of course!

What Starmer needs to do, to rid the planet of the Tory pest, is to use 2022 to firmly embed PR as official LP policy.
  • Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

Huh?

A good Belizean flag?
    A good Antiguan flag?
    A good English flag?

I suppose so. At a pinch. But only if you also acknowledge the UN flag as your proud birthright.
    I got the picture from the North Edinburgh News!
    http://nen.press/2015/03/08/edinburgh-flies-the-flag-to-mark-commonwealth-day/

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

What Starmer needs to do, to rid the planet of the Tory pest, is to use 2022 to firmly embed PR as official LP policy.
    There are no votes in PR as demonstrated by the referendum that created Cummings.

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

Huh?

A good Belizean flag?
    A good Antiguan flag?
    A good English flag?

I got the picture from the North Edinburgh News!
    http://nen.press/2015/03/08/edinburgh-flies-the-flag-to-mark-commonwealth-day/
    VG

I remember when the Labour-run Edinburgh city council permanently flew lots of Saltires, Union flags and EU flags all along Princes St. I look forward to when two of those are our legitimate flags, and one is consigned to history.
  • Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

I think he's been fighting in Finland. He took the rifle back off a dead Finn.
    eek said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

There are no votes in PR as demonstrated by the referendum that created Cummings.
    Firmly embed PR in the official Labour, SNP and Lib Dem manifestos. Talk about the policy throughout the campaign. Win the GE. Legislate.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Tory majority governments on a minority vote consigned to history.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,061

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

There was an interesting article on quadratic voting in December in the Economist. Even a sample vote to work on. An interesting idea, even better than AV if such a thing is possible...

The mathematical method that could offer a fairer way to vote from TheEconomist https://www.economist.com/christmas-specials/2021/12/18/the-mathematical-method-that-could-offer-a-fairer-way-to-vote

https://www.economist.com/QuadraticPoll

My predictions for the New Year? Haven't a clue. Anything could happen and probably will.

Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

I’ve heard it argued that without the experience gained in their bitter defeat in Finland, the Soviet Union would have been unable to repel the Nazi invasion.

Heja Finland! 🇫🇮
    Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

There was an interesting article on quadratic voting in December in the Economist. Even a sample vote to work on. An interesting idea, even better than AV if such a thing is possible...

The mathematical method that could offer a fairer way to vote from TheEconomist https://www.economist.com/christmas-specials/2021/12/18/the-mathematical-method-that-could-offer-a-fairer-way-to-vote

My predictions for the New Year? Haven't a clue. Anything could happen and probably will.
    Have a good one Foxy! May you save many lives and minimise the damage of chronic conditions!

I’m intrigued by your new profile picture. The lion rampant taking the central role; two St Georges, an Irish harp and a Saltire. Bugger the taffs?

Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

Have a good one Foxy! May you save many lives and minimise the damage of chronic conditions!

I’m intrigued by your new profile picture. The lion rampant taking the central role; two St Georges, an Irish harp and a Saltire. Bugger the taffs?
    Calling PB vexicologists...
    eek said:

IanB2 said:

2022 as the year of Boris the Chump?

It is feasible, but I suspect that wiser Tory heads will absolutely dread the vicious civil war which will ensue when the Reign of the Clown is over.

It is starting to look like a Lose-Lose situation for Tory strategists. There are vanishingly few good options left.

My advice, which will of course be comprehensively dismissed, is ditch Johnson immediately and install Truss. It’s a huge gamble, but the only trump card I can see in their extraordinarily poor hand.
  • Foxy said:

Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Protector
    edited January 2022
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

Scottish Navy Jack 1603-1707? Ie the Lion Rampant over the Union of Crowns flag?

Ignore - Blanche L got it ...
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,080
    edited January 2022

Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

I’ve heard it argued that without the experience gained in their bitter defeat in Finland, the Soviet Union would have been unable to repel the Nazi invasion.

Heja Finland! 🇫🇮
    Great piece, Pip.

Morning, it's interesting to note which countries in Europe still have conscription.

Eastern Edge Countries, Scandinavia, Greece, Turkey, Austria and Switzerland. May have missed a couple.

• NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263
    Hello everyone, hope you had a festive midnight. Astonishingly quiet here in Godalming - literally 4 fireworks and that was it. not so much elsewhere, I gather.

Meeks on good form - not especially long, just lucid:

https://alastair-meeks.medium.com/the-seven-year-itch-the-new-political-challenge-for-brexit-f5a36b080851

eek said:

IanB2 said:

It is feasible, but I suspect that wiser Tory heads will absolutely dread the vicious civil war which will ensue when the Reign of the Clown is over.

It is starting to look like a Lose-Lose situation for Tory strategists. There are vanishingly few good options left.

My advice, which will of course be comprehensively dismissed, is ditch Johnson immediately and install Truss. It’s a huge gamble, but the only trump card I can see in their extraordinarily poor hand.
    The Tory craving for a new Maggie Thatcher is still that itch that they love to scratch. It is the unfair burden put on any new female leadership candidate.

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Protector
    Yep. I am definitely a Roundhead!

eek said:

IanB2 said:

Problem is you can't install anyone without it going to a membership vote and the Tory membership will vote for the insaner option.

Heck if JRM got into the last 2 I suspect he would win, equally so would Steve Baker were he to make the final 2.

Hello everyone, hope you had a festive midnight. Astonishingly quiet here in Godalming - literally 4 fireworks and that was it. not so much elsewhere, I gather.

Meeks on good form - not especially long, just lucid:

https://alastair-meeks.medium.com/the-seven-year-itch-the-new-political-challenge-for-brexit-f5a36b080851

"First, while the government is arguing that the current deal is unacceptable, they are literally telling the public that Brexit is not good enough. Having told the public that, any failure to gain substantial improvements will simply confirm that in the public’s mind. The Conservatives are finding out that you can type this shit but you sure can’t say it.

Secondly, a central driver of Brexit, fixing immigration, is conspicuously falling apart. [...] Right now the government is failing and is palpably out of ideas as to what to do. The best it has come up with, setting up detention centres in places like Albania, has been officially denied in every country so far mentioned."
  • Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

Is there a market for that? Btw I see one of your fellow Leicester quacks got CBE'd overnight.
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Dr. Foxy, but are you a Ghibelline or a Guelph?

Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

Is there a market for that? Btw I see one of your fellow Leicester quacks got CBE'd overnight.
    Yes, it is being used, as per the first link.

Who got the CBE? Shamefully it seems that I have been overlooked again. Perhaps supporting historical regicide went against me 🤔
    MattW said:

Dura_Ace said:

Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Could it be gold/yellow?

Heja Finland! 🇫🇮
    Great piece, Pip.

Morning, it's interesting to note which countries in Europe still have conscription.

Eastern Edge Countries, Scandinavia, Greece, Turkey, Austria and Switzerland. May have missed a couple.

Wrong coding for Sweden there. Which makes me suspect the whole map is tosh.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    edited January 2022
    *Betting Post *🐎 New Years Day.
    Paging as usual @Malky @Stodge (both not afraid at times to post tips) and anyone who wants to share love of the sport this day.

I appreciate not every gambler loves sharing, and sharing publicly. I suspect though some people reading PB may be betting horse racing regular particularly the Saturday I will be placing bets today and means a degree of “due diligence” on my choices I don’t mind sharing what led to my decision 🙂

I tend to go hurdles, as is I think large risk to any horse getting up and landing over the bigger fences. Especially last week, after my homework to find horses in a good place at business end of race so many fell in the first few fences which is a frustrating thing to feel.

MoonRabbits tips for today.

1:25 CHELTENHAM - Come On Teddy
    Staying power and has won a chase on officially soft. And someone has to spoil L'Homme Presse form book some point.

2:35 CHELTENHAM - Dolphin Square
    Right distance, right going, right form. Right for my long shot tip from open looking race.

2:50 MUSSELBURGH - Amour De Nuit
    Off to Scotland for a stone cold sober (NAP) the pick of the five runners has won over fences at this distance.

3:10 CHELTENHAM - Brewin'upastorm
    Classy horse with plenty of wins over fences and hurdles including last time out.

Best of luck everyone. Take care and enjoy ongoing holidays!
  • Foxy said:

Foxy said:

murali_s said:

Happy New Year folks!

Yes, it is being used, as per the first link.

Who got the CBE? Shamefully it seems that I have been overlooked again. Perhaps supporting historical regicide went against me 🤔
    Professor Kamlesh Khunti.
  • eek said:

eek said:

IanB2 said:

Problem is you can't install anyone without it going to a membership vote and the Tory membership will vote for the insaner option.

Heck if JRM got into the last 2 I suspect he would win, equally so would Steve Baker were he to make the final 2.
    The Tory members voted for the saner option every time other than IDS.

Dr. Foxy, but are you a Ghibelline or a Guelph?

I have no dog in that fight.

eek said:

eek said:

IanB2 said:

The Tory members voted for the saner option every time other than IDS.
    April 1st still some way off.
This discussion has been closed.