Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Keeping Score: My 2021 Roundup – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Other half feels sober enough to drive us back to the barn now, where I will take my bare bottom spanking (I’ve been looking forward to) after the coal dirt on face prank I pulled in the early hours, and then straight to bed. I feel very very wrecked. 🥱
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,531
    Pulpstar said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Happy new year

Looks like PCR testing system has finally totally crashed....zero slots anywhere by 1.30pm.
    So unless they scrap the isolation rule, any teacher or doctor who gets a false positive on their LFT but is otherwise perfectly fine will have to isolate for seven days.

This is not going to end well for essential services...
    I thought false positives were pretty rare: false negatives are much more likely.
    I've had so many experiences of both among colleagues that I've decided the only safe conclusion to draw is that LFTs are a crock of worthless rubbish.
    True positive on an lft followed by a false negative on a PCR seems more likely to me than a false positive lft.
    One of my colleagues at work had serial negative LFTs, but because of symptoms and an infected daughter got a PCR, which was positive.

I wonder if it was because of previous immunity, because she had original covid and was treble jabbed. Perhaps it reduces the antigen load, so LFT negative, but that the amplification in PCR detected it.

I believe reinfections are soon going to be in the figures. They haven't been counted previously.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Next one at Cheltenham is a real tough one, I have had a small punt EW on Coole Cody for an interest.

My long shot now whose actually a Dolphin I thought good if water logged. And would know how to Fin ish
    Well done. A 28/1 winner on the first day of the year.
    Now for a Night of Love?
    😍.
    Now to brew up a storm? With Malcolm. 🫖
    Disaster at last , sums up my day.
    I’ve never been to Musselburgh, it looks great on telly.

I had pot of other two wins riding on brewing up when it went down in lucky15. But never mind 🙄 horse and jockey they say okay.
    A good day for you regardless. Musselburgh, Kelso and Ayr for that matter are nice courses. Was a good days racing regardless.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,378
    edited January 2022

I have seen Green Knight now. I remember a chat about which new films worth watching @nigel I think this one you said you enjoyed? I am pleased I watched it. I absolutely loved it at time. Amazing cinematic use of colours and light effects and sound and framing. It was so thoughtfully shot and the edit and pacing it made me think of Tarkovsky very early on.

But more I think about it, not sure about the writing ...

Fantastic cinematography, but I'm afraid I thought the reinterpretation confused and ultimately pointless.

Dev Patel is great in everything I've seen him in.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811

Other half feels sober enough to drive us back to the barn now, where I will take my bare bottom spanking (I’ve been looking forward to) after the coal dirt on face prank I pulled in the early hours, and then straight to bed. I feel very very wrecked. 🥱

Sounds like an unusual evening , but enjoy regardless.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Pulpstar said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Happy new year

Looks like PCR testing system has finally totally crashed....zero slots anywhere by 1.30pm.
    So unless they scrap the isolation rule, any teacher or doctor who gets a false positive on their LFT but is otherwise perfectly fine will have to isolate for seven days.

This is not going to end well for essential services...
    I thought false positives were pretty rare: false negatives are much more likely.
    I've had so many experiences of both among colleagues that I've decided the only safe conclusion to draw is that LFTs are a crock of worthless rubbish.
    True positive on an lft followed by a false negative on a PCR seems more likely to me than a false positive lft.
    One of my colleagues at work had serial negative LFTs, but because of symptoms and an infected daughter got a PCR, which was positive.

I wonder if it was because of previous immunity, because she had original covid and was treble jabbed. Perhaps it reduces the antigen load, so LFT negative, but that the amplification in PCR detected it.

I believe reinfections are soon going to be in the figures. They haven't been counted previously.
    The guidance saying only do nose, it needs tonsils for stronger result perhaps? This has been known days ago, if it’s taking too long to change guidance, if indeed it is that, the delay in going back in for tonsils is a bit naff?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

I have seen Green Knight now. I remember a chat about which new films worth watching @nigel I think this one you said you enjoyed? I am pleased I watched it. I absolutely loved it at time. Amazing cinematic use of colours and light effects and sound and framing. It was so thoughtfully shot and the edit and pacing it made me think of Tarkovsky very early on.

But more I think about it, not sure about the writing ...

Fantastic cinematography, but I'm afraid I thought the reinterpretation confused and ultimately pointless.

Dev Patel is great in everything I've seen him in.
    I totally agree, the ambiguity and confusion they made with story ruined what could have been a better film. It started really well though, the fire, the horse, panning backwards through window. Amazing.

I’m not sure Patel will be so happy. So often asked questions but his character blankly stares back, I felt a bit frustrating.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Sounds like an unusual evening , but enjoy regardless.
    Party night at my Dads, lots of family and neighbours, it got better and better as night went on.

After handling coal my hands were filthy. Other half doesn’t like face messed with when she has done it all so cutesy up. Don’t tell her I’m quite so happy to take my punishment 😉 She’ll have to carry me into barn though I’m about to fall into thousand year sleep.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Next one at Cheltenham is a real tough one, I have had a small punt EW on Coole Cody for an interest.

My long shot now whose actually a Dolphin I thought good if water logged. And would know how to Fin ish
    Well done. A 28/1 winner on the first day of the year.
    Now for a Night of Love?
    😍.
    Now to brew up a storm? With Malcolm. 🫖
    Disaster at last , sums up my day.
    I’ve never been to Musselburgh, it looks great on telly.

I had pot of other two wins riding on brewing up when it went down in lucky15. But never mind 🙄 horse and jockey they say okay.
    A good day for you regardless. Musselburgh, Kelso and Ayr for that matter are nice courses. Was a good days racing regardless.
    Yes it was good. Take care now 🙋‍♀️
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,399
    edited January 2022
    Leon said:

There’s a weird corner of Twitter where hardcore FBPE-Remoaners overlap with iSage pro-lockdowners. And I genuinely don’t understand the psychology behind this

Why should a dislike of Brexit make you passionately keen to lockdown the country? Is it because they are left wing NHS-lovers? Or something else?

It reminds me of that peculiar and unpleasant constituency on the Left which sides with Islamism because it dislikes Israel

The usual common factor in such circles is an ingrowing hatred of BJ and/or Tories combined with the same for Brexit. It manifests itself as a rhetoric against everything UK.
This discussion has been closed.