Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The LDs now clear betting favourite to gain North Shropshire – politicalbetting.com

124»

Comments

• MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,625
    ydoethur said:

Just heard on an online module I'm doing on Prevent:

Sign of being radicalised: 'Using multiple online identities and being secretive.'

Does that mean SeanT, The Last Boy Scout, Foxy, Lost Password and I are all ISIL sleeper agents?

This is quite worrying. The SeanTs outnumber the Chinese Army.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,712
    edited December 2021
    GIN1138 said:

Full Survation.

LAB 40% (+1)

CON 34% (-2)

LD 10% (+1)

SNP 4% (-1)

GRN 4% (+1)

@bigjohnowls, please explain.

What was the biggest lead Labour achieved in 2010-2015 Pariament?
    Ed Miliband's Labour had a 14% lead over Cameron's Tories in November 2012 with Mori
    https://web.archive.org/web/20141223062214/https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Polls/Nov12PolMon_topline.PDF
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,461
    edited December 2021
    Stocky said:

pigeon said:

And that's @isam gone as well. That Ken Livingstone thing must've been some spat.

What on Earth is going on?
    There was no isam. There was no Philip Thompson.

Flight Officer David Campbell : The thing that's always worried me about being one of The Few is the way we keep on getting fewer.
    How can I get banned without being rude to someone or using cuss words? I want to be one of the cool kids.
    If people got banned just for being rude to someone or using cuss words, there wouldn't be very many posters left on here.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,625
    Stocky said:

pigeon said:

And that's @isam gone as well. That Ken Livingstone thing must've been some spat.

Flight Officer David Campbell : The thing that's always worried me about being one of The Few is the way we keep on getting fewer.
    How can I get banned without being rude to someone or using cuss words? I want to be one of the cool kids.
    There was no isam. There was no Philip Thompson. Stocky is looking a bit faint in the photo...
  • GIN1138 said:

Full Survation.

LAB 40% (+1)

CON 34% (-2)

LD 10% (+1)

SNP 4% (-1)

GRN 4% (+1)

What was the biggest lead Labour achieved in 2010-2015 Pariament?
    A few 16% leads.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,760
    Stocky said:

pigeon said:

Diss Radiohead.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,884
    Stocky said:

pigeon said:

Well I think @Philip_Thompson made the error of misrepresenting OGH, so maybe try that?
  • TresTres Posts: 2,163
    Sounds like the Tory candidate with the impressive CV in Shropshire is now being hidden from sight because party bigwigs fear he'll shoot himself in the foot if he faces any kind of media scrutiny.

Remind you of any other so-called top class Tory campaigners?
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,674
    Carnyx said:

isam said:

mickydroy said:

I predict:

The Tories will hold N Shropshire because:
    - Postal votes already in
    - Too big mountain to climb
    - Brexit
    - Too many people not that engaged with the political machinations

That will boost Johnson, who stays on despite the politerati declaring him toast after the past week.

Two more years drip, drip, drip of misstep, scandal, u-turn, and incompetence.

Which all leads to a resounding Tory defeat in GE24, never mind the swings required, never mind the BC changes.

The only way for the Tories to avoid defeat in 2024 is to ditch Johnson now. But they won't.

Wish I could be as confident as you are, I can see if the clown is still in charge, a concerted attempt to portray him as some sort of hero, who has made mistakes but has learnt from them, by his powerful friends in the media, and then SKS doesnt eat a bacon sandwich properly, and hey ho there us another election win for tories
    No risk of that last bit. SKS is a vegetarian.
    ...who eats fish
    ... but the comment was about a bacon sandwich. Bacon is not fish.
    It's entirely possible to have vegetarian bacon. I wouldn't put it past some Tory to try and feed him a sandwich.

https://thevegankind.com/p/finnebrogue-naked-without-the-oink-unsmoked-bacon-rashers-12-pack-180g?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googleshopping&variant=39375540912222&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIufm03KPX9AIV1u3tCh3-nwP3EAQYAiABEgImq_D_BwE
    Carnyx, that is an oxymoron, they may pretend it is bacon but it is in fact 0% bacon. You are being hoodwinked.
  • kamskikamski Posts: 4,199
    pigeon said:

Pagan2 said:

The thing I think amazing in all this is that I will get more opprobium both here and in a public setting for saying fuck off to masking and social distancing and refusing to do it than people who refuse to vaccinate.

Refuse to vaccinate and there will be plenty riding to your defence, it is your body and you are sovereign over what goes in it. Refuse to obey shite regulation that is the current covid theatre and will achieve the squareroot of fuck all and get people piling in on you and little support

The ongoing obsession with silly cloth and paper masks is one of the most bizarre facets of this whole miserable, never ending crisis. Insofar as I'm aware no conclusive evidence has ever been produced that they're any use at all; all of the studies, such as they are, are variously non-committal, utilise very low sample sizes, were conducted in irrelevant situations (e.g. looking at transmission within households,) are flawed systemically (e.g. unable to distinguish between changes in disease prevalence caused by the masks themselves or by behavioural differences between mask and non-mask wearers, or are statistical analyses that simply aggregate a number of these flawed studies and attempt to draw conclusions by passing all the results through a computer.

Pieces of blue paper seem to have acquired the status of magical amulets to ward off the evil eye. You'd probably get about as much protection from the virus by wearing a medallion with Chris Whitty's face on it, and it would be considerably less annoying.
    Recent More or Less (Radio 4) thought they probably reduce your chances of getting infected by 10-20%, with an unknown additional (and possibly larger?) effect of reducing how many people you infect if you've got it.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,073

pigeon said:

The first rule of ban club...
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812

Stocky said:

pigeon said:

If people got banned just for being rude to someone or using cuss words, there wouldn't be very many posters left on here.
    Cuss words?

Are some kind of good ol’ boy?
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,088

moonshine said:

Quite a lot of black swans right now, bizarre everyone is so focused on a variant to a virus that is no longer novel.

Russia moving on verge of moving into Ukraine, potentially disrupting gas supplies to Europe and sparking widespread retaliatory sanctions.

Turkey possible banking collapse spilling into (mainly European) finance market.

Evergrande plausibly China’s Bear Stearns moment.

Iran acquiring the bomb.

General market taper tantrum.

Goodness knows what the world is going to look like by Dec 2022.

This is just the darkness before the dawn.
    Days start get longer again Dec 23.
    Light in the evening starts getting longer from this coming weekend.
  • Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,631
    Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

The thing I think amazing in all this is that I will get more opprobium both here and in a public setting for saying fuck off to masking and social distancing and refusing to do it than people who refuse to vaccinate.

Refuse to vaccinate and there will be plenty riding to your defence, it is your body and you are sovereign over what goes in it. Refuse to obey shite regulation that is the current covid theatre and will achieve the squareroot of fuck all and get people piling in on you and little support

It's not a shite regulation - and it is entirely visible. Put this way, I wouldn't want to sit next to you on the Tube, but how can I spot an anti-vaxxer who is masked?

I used to wear much heavier masks for the entire working day, so I don't sympathise with those who merely find them uncomfortable, though there are real issues with some people (deaf, asthmatic etc.)

Though I have considerable sympathy for your feeling hard done by compared to the anti-vaxxers.
    Well you wont sit next to me on the tube, however you think I will mask up to go into a shop which causes me considerable discomfort then you have another think coming
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,725

Full Survation.

LAB 40% (+1)

CON 34% (-2)

LD 10% (+1)

SNP 4% (-1)

GRN 4% (+1)

Do you need an explanation after the week Boris has had?

And you call yourself a deputy editor of a popular Political Forum!!
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,461

Stocky said:

pigeon said:

Cuss words?

Are some kind of good ol’ boy?
    I was quoting Stocky, actually. See thread.
This discussion has been closed.