Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tonight’s by-election bet – A Carlisle seat last won by UKIP – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited October 2021 in General
imageTonight’s by-election bet – A Carlisle seat last won by UKIP – politicalbetting.com

Smarkets are keeping up their weekly local council by-election bet. Tonight there are eight contests and the one chosen is Currock & Upperby on Carlisle council This was the result in a three member ward when contested in May 2019.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TazTaz Posts: 10,704
    I’d agree on those numbers.
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    Probably not last
  • TazTaz Posts: 10,704
    Oh, first too
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695
    edited October 2021
    Fourth (rate) like Donald Trumps combover...
  • FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    FPT, because I don't want my genuine apology to be lost in the scum end of an old thread

Ever wonder what that Nick 'tuition fee' Clegg did all day these days?

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1453809758616567809

I would like to apologise unreservedly. Not for any offence caused (that's always intentional), but for voting for Nick fucking Clegg.

• ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,751
    GIN1138 said:

Fourth (rate) like Donald Trumps comb over...

You really think his combover us as good as that? Wow. Fiftieth rate more like.
  • StockyStocky Posts: 9,653
    I've had a tenner on the Tories at 2.46
    Farooq said:

FPT, because I don't want my genuine apology to be lost in the scum end of an old thread

I would like to apologise unreservedly. Not for any offence caused (that's always intentional), but for voting for Nick fucking Clegg.

'Nick Clegg the Fucker,' shurely?

Remembering his famous 'not more than 30' comment.
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,343
    Low turnout, rain all day, Tory with an outside chance.
    ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

"No more than 30 ... it's a lot less than that". Honest but not exceptional surely?
    Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

"No more than 30 ... it's a lot less than that". Honest but not exceptional surely?
    Speak for yourself, Stocky!
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    edited October 2021
    Currock and Upperby are both old railway sites. The former a wagon repair depot and the latter a traction maintenance depot.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,249
    edited October 2021
    Farooq said:

How have the tech companies become these grotesque fucking gargoyles? Especially Facebook.

Zuckerberg actually looks like a Bond villain now. This stiff, geeky, aspergery nerd who runs an evil empire that endangers the world. Like a ludicrous caricature, but true

And then in the middle is Nick bloody Clegg?! How? Why?

Also check out their PERFECTLY and identically furnished homes. A desert state Santa Fe aesthetic with hints of Nordic woodiness and an English hearth. The blue accents in Clegg’s home are so eerily on-point I wonder if it is all CGI and if they are all just avatars created by GPT3
  • This is Britain Elects write up on tonight's locals including Carlisle

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1453793878142750720?t=m_dEjp937e086ioUMKXPtw&s=19
    ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Ahem. Hangs head in shame.

I guess 30 may be exceptional for a dorky politician? Actually - thinking about it - I wonder whether female MPs have on average seen more action than the average male MP?

OGH: The UKIP councillor has since died. My money would be on Labour.

That sounds a bit accusatory.

From antipathy to antimony?
    Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

I guess 30 may be exceptional for a dorky politician? Actually - thinking about it - I wonder whether female MPs have on average seen more action than the average male MP?
    An old friend of mine told me, the other day, that he’s slept with 8 women. EIGHT

SINGLE FIGURES

He’s 57 so it’s about one a decade. Lol
    Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Depends on whether @SeanT was hanging about Parliament that day, I suppose
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

How have the tech companies become these grotesque fucking gargoyles? Especially Facebook.

Zuckerberg actually looks like a Bond villain now. This stiff, geeky, aspergery nerd who runs an evil empire that endangers the world. Like a ludicrous caricature, but true

Also check out their PERFECTLY and identically furnished homes. A desert state Santa Fe aesthetic with hints of Nordic wordiness and an English hearth. The blue accents in Clegg’s home are so eerily on-point I wonder if it is all CGI and if they are all just avatars created by GPT3
    A cynic would say that Nick Clegg has previous for being the friendly face of an outfit lead by a dish-faced manbaby who clumsily tramples our fragile societal structures.

But I wouldn't really mean it, because, even now, I think those 5 years were still the best of the last 15 for UK governments.
    Don't @ me.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772
    I thought this Covid ad on RTÉ was well done. Certainly caught my attention.

https://youtu.be/skn2Pqf-aBc
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

An old friend of mine told me, the other day, that he’s slept with 8 women. EIGHT

SINGLE FIGURES

8 - that's just two holidays in Magaluf!
    ydoethur said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

Peter Stringfellow claimed to have slept with over 2,000 women.

William Hague retorted, 'is that about half a dozen a year?'
    Genuine lol

A properly witty man, Hague

I met his wife once. Sexy. Nice curvy Welsh arse
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,787
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

Also check out their PERFECTLY and identically furnished homes. A desert state Santa Fe aesthetic with hints of Nordic woodiness and an English hearth. The blue accents in Clegg’s home are so eerily on-point I wonder if it is all CGI and if they are all just avatars created by GPT3
    Perhaps it literally is a film set like the fake White House.

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

There's some kind of Laffer curve here that can be drawn and I reckon 8 is closer to the ideal than, say, 28.
    I know someone who has easily gone into triple figures and I think at that point it's less achievement and more symptom. He's not happy and never has been.
  • stodgestodge Posts: 12,743

This is Britain Elects write up on tonight's locals including Carlisle

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1453793878142750720?t=m_dEjp937e086ioUMKXPtw&s=19

There are more interesting contests tonight than Carlisle from a betting perspective - Luton for one.
  • Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

There's some kind of Laffer curve here that can be drawn and I reckon 8 is closer to the ideal than, say, 28.
    I know someone who has easily gone into triple figures and I think at that point it's less achievement and more symptom. He's not happy and never has been.
    Do you know SeanT?
  • SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,257
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

Did he qualify it with a time period? Could have been one night...
  • Labour 798 million votes? Blimey!
    Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

"8 is closer to the ideal than, say, 28"

That's the most ridiculous post I've ever read.

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Perhaps it literally is a film set like the fake White House.

Whoah. Jesus. We are hurtling into dystopia
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

And surely more like two per decade, if you don't count pre-puberty?
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

It is worth noting that he's gay.
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    Carlisle is a dump
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,458
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

Most of us stop accumulating once we get married.
  • Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

"Joey, have you ever seen a grown man naked?" :lol:
    Farooq said:

You know, I'd have voted for Clegg if I'd realised he was smart enough to land a multimillion dollar a year job at Facebook.
    edited October 2021
    Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280. Is that pathological? I don’t think so. I like sex and I can get it, and when I can’t get, I’m prepared to pay for it

Am I happy? No, not really. Am I unhappy? No, not that either. I’m alive

And when it comes to my deathbed I think I shall be glad I’m at the 280 end of the spectrum rather than 8. I’ve lived and loved and laughed and left, as James Joyce rightly said
    Stocky said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

Wait a bit, I can surely top it if you give me time.
    Foxy said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

A wise man once said "it is better for the soul to visit one cathedral 50 times than 50 cathedrals once"
    It'd get boring after the first 10 times I reckon
    Farooq said:

Stocky said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I doubt it. Claiming there is an ‘ideal number of lifetime sexual partners’ is quite something, even by PB standards of post-lagershed surreality, especially when you added the rider ‘it is close to 8’
    Foxy said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

A wise man once said "it is better for the soul to visit one cathedral 50 times than 50 cathedrals once"
    Depends on the width of the nave
  • Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280.
    'Course you are, Leon. 'Course you are!
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,837

Great write-up there on Bromley Cross from a bloke who knows the area well.
    One of the poshest places in Lancashire.
    kjh said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

True. It's that and the pandemic that really slows one down.
    Comic of the day:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280.
    You'd think he'd chuck you one!
    Stocky said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I met my current girlfriend on Tinder during lockdown 1. It's a great story.

Stocky said:

kjh said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I met my current girlfriend on Tinder during lockdown 1. It's a great story.
    I'm so out of touch. Is that the one where you swipe left or right?
    edited October 2021
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280. Is that pathological? I don’t think so. I like sex and I can get it, and when I can’t get, I’m prepared to pay for it

And when it comes to my deathbed I think I shall be glad I’m at the 280 end of the spectrum rather than 8. I’ve lived and loved and laughed and left, as James Joyce rightly said
    Well, horses for courses I suppose.
    I just think about Those Whom I Never But Wish I Had, versus Those Whom I Did But Wish I Hadn't, and... the numbers are about the same.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

30 is well above average, the average man has had 8 sexual partners and the average woman 7.
    https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/the-ideal-number-of-sexual-partners-for-men-women#:~:text=A 2017 survey of 2,180,average of 7 sexual partners.

Of course the more religious will only have had one, their spouse and some will have chosen not to have any eg Ann Widdecombe

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I've slept with three women. Started a long term relationship at university. Started my current relationship about a year after the end of the previous one.

I suppose that number would be higher if I hadn't had two long-term relationships. I've no wish for my current marriage to come to an end just so I can boost that number.
    That’s fair. I was being provocative in my earlier comment, and I do actually envy my happily married friends with low run rates (there aren’t many of them, but they exist)

But I wouldn’t be happy - personally - knowing so little about sex and women, and you can only discover this stuff by doing it. With actual women. Or men. Or whoever rocks your coracle

It’s like travel. You can be perfectly happy living in the same village all your life. Plenty of people are made that way. Others aren’t. And once you scratch the itch of wanderlust….
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

I refuse to believe anyone on PB (apart from myself) has had sex with an actual lady.

Are you referring to dame commanders and the like? If so, then probably right.
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

30 is well above average, the average man has had 8 sexual partners and the average woman 7.
    https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/the-ideal-number-of-sexual-partners-for-men-women#:~:text=A 2017 survey of 2,180,average of 7 sexual partners.

Of course the more religious will only have had one, their spouse and some will have chosen not to have any eg Ann Widdecombe
    Goodness me. Is there any random stat you haven't got your finger on?
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

Stocky said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I doubt it. Claiming there is an ‘ideal number of lifetime sexual partners’ is quite something, even by PB standards of post-lagershed surreality, especially when you added the rider ‘it is close to 8’
    You wouldn't say such things to me if you knew how much I valued your opinion
    edited October 2021
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Wonder what the median is, given that Leon has shoved the mean up to 8 all by himself?
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

That's a fairly precise "well over" - are you a notches on the bed post kind of guy.

I'm high single figures and it still took me some thought to work out the number (much of my twenties was in a uni relationship, then four years after that ended I met my wife).

For two of the happiest of my male friends the figure is, to the best of my knowledge, 1 (school and university sweethearts respectively) .

Still, life would be dull if we were all the same. If 280+ works for you then good luck to you.
    Farooq said:

Clegg of course the only peacetime LD leader since Lloyd George to end up in government and now likely to have had a say in the rebranding of one of the biggest corporations in the world, Facebook, to Meta as their VP of Global Affairs.

Plus earning an alleged $2 million a year and supposedly quite the magnet for women in his youth.

I am sure it makes up for losing his seat and leaving his party in the doldrums in 2015
    I had forgotten Nick Clegg existed and now my life is immeasurably worse having remembered.
    edited October 2021
    Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Wonder what the median is, given that Leon has shoved the mean up to 8 all by himself?
    Unfortunately we cannot all be high earning novellists and travel writers working in exotic locales and travelling first class and ravishing young maidens
  • Stocky said:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280.
    No need :)

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280.
    What I want to know is how you can know when you are at that number unless you are literally putting notches on the bed post.
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Unfortunately we cannot all be high earning novellists and travel writers working in exotic locales and travelling first class and ravishing young maidens
    I thought Leon was a humble dildo knapper?
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I've slept with three women. Started a long term relationship at university. Started my current relationship about a year after the end of the previous one.

I suppose that number would be higher if I hadn't had two long-term relationships. I've no wish for my current marriage to come to an end just so I can boost that number.
    That’s fair. I was being provocative in my earlier comment, and I do actually envy my happily married friends with low run rates (there aren’t many of them, but they exist)

But I wouldn’t be happy - personally - knowing so little about sex and women, and you can only discover this stuff by doing it. With actual women. Or men. Or whoever rocks your coracle

It’s like travel. You can be perfectly happy living in the same village all your life. Plenty of people are made that way. Others aren’t. And once you scratch the itch of wanderlust….
    politicalrutting.com ?
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Is it me or does the maths of men having more than women not add up (particularly given there are more men than women). Male exaggeration at play?

Stocky said:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280.
    Oh!
    Selebian said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Is it me or does the maths of men having more than women not add up (particularly given there are more men than women). Male exaggeration at play?
    If there were a small number of women whose profession was sleeping with men, and they were undersampled (or indeed did not keep a good count), then that might also account for the difference.

Also, I believe there are certain men who go to foreign places and have sex with women. Which might also skew the numbers.
    Selebian said:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

That's a fairly precise "well over" - are you a notches on the bed post kind of guy.

I'm high single figures and it still took me some thought to work out the number (much of my twenties was in a uni relationship, then four years after that ended I met my wife).

For two of the happiest of my male friends the figure is, to the best of my knowledge, 1 (school and university sweethearts respectively) .

Still, life would be dull if we were all the same. If 280+ works for you then good luck to you.
    To be fair I think he was riffing off the 28 I said, which I only said because it went rhetorically well with the 8 Leon mentioned and the "no more than 30" Clegg proclaimed.
  • Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Of course he has the stats but presents even this one misleadingly!

One of the sources for the 8 average is from millennials as at 2015, so when they were 25-35 depending on what definition they used. Lifetime will be a lot higher.
  • Pulpstar said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

politicalrutting.com ?
    politicalPetting.com
  • Stocky said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I’m well over 280.
    Oh!
    Contrary to popular belief, I have actually dated 4 ladies in my life.

There. I. Said. It.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,087
    Leon said:

Farooq said:

Also check out their PERFECTLY and identically furnished homes. A desert state Santa Fe aesthetic with hints of Nordic wordiness and an English hearth. The blue accents in Clegg’s home are so eerily on-point I wonder if it is all CGI and if they are all just avatars created by GPT3
    Link?

Sounds off trend.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Iowa redrawingnthe congressional map to a 4-0 GOP clean sweep.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,585
    dixiedean said:

Great write-up there on Bromley Cross from a bloke who knows the area well.
    One of the poshest places in Lancashire.
    They even have a thriving Conservative Club in Bromley Cross... and I have crossed the threshold!
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

I think you are getting Leon mixed up with SeanT there.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,083

Enough reasonable prospects for the Greens in that mix that if they are on the up you’d be looking for the potential upset…
    kjh said:

HYUFD said:

I think you are getting Leon mixed up with SeanT there.
    I get @Leon mixed up with Martin Day who used to post here many moons ago and who I have actually met in person - must have been a quiet night for him.
    Selebian said:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

Isn’t every man a ‘notches on the bedpost kind of guy’? We all count, as that surprisingly wise article linked by HYUFD explains. It’s human to count. Women do it too. Perhaps even more assiduously, and they measure each other by this metric

I sat down the other day and tried to work out my own notches. It’s a blur. But it is definitely over 300. How do I know this? Because I spent a decade whoring. And I never repeated. That’s 200 right there. 20 a year. Easily done

And I have had at least 100 partners that were one night stands/flings/affairs/girlfriends/sex parties

I don’t just knap flint dildos for money
    rcs1000 said:

Selebian said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

If there were a small number of women whose profession was sleeping with men, and they were undersampled (or indeed did not keep a good count), then that might also account for the difference.

Also, I believe there are certain men who go to foreign places and have sex with women. Which might also skew the numbers.
    Ah yes. Outlayers, in addition - possibly - to outliars...

Leon said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I've only slept with one woman. I met the woman who is now my wife when I was 18 and she was 19. She's the most beautiful woman I have ever met, and she makes me laugh and has given me three lovely children, and I honestly have no interest in sleeping with anybody else.
    Chapeau. And I envy you your contentment. I sometimes wish I was made the same way. Sometimes
    HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Anyone and everyone will have chosen not to have any Ann Widdecombe

Pulpstar said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

politicalrutting.com ?
    politicalPetting.com
    I think I conclude that we're just not that turned on by the Currock & Upperby by-election :disappointed:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

I've only slept with one woman. I met the woman who is now my wife when I was 18 and she was 19. She's the most beautiful woman I have ever met, and she makes me laugh and has given me three lovely children, and I honestly have no interest in sleeping with anybody else.
    Most of us manage to post here without anyone at home reading what we post, TBF.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,880
    Apparently we have passed the symbolic 1 in 400 people in the U.K. has died of Covid. I assume this is about right, as although the exact number will not be known, around 150,000 is probably close. But I wondered how many die each year, and it must 1 in 90 or something close to that. Yes Covid has been bad. Yes we have made errors in trying to fight it. But why should the 1 in 400 thing be a thing?
    Leon said:

Selebian said:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

Isn’t every man a ‘notches on the bedpost kind of guy’? We all count, as that surprisingly wise article linked by HYUFD explains. It’s human to count. Women do it too. Perhaps even more assiduously, and they measure each other by this metric

I sat down the other day and tried to work out my own notches. It’s a blur. But it is definitely over 300. How do I know this? Because I spent a decade whoring. And I never repeated. That’s 200 right there. 20 a year. Easily done

And I have had at least 100 partners that were one night stands/flings/affairs/girlfriends/sex parties

That’s a lot of experiences that turned out not worth repeating.
    To move on (so to speak) - the weekly passenger transport numbers.

Oddly enough and possibly due to half term, rail passenger numbers dipped back to around 65% of pre-Covid numbers having touched 70% the previous week.

Tube passenger numbers remain at about 60% on weekdays but above 75% at weekends.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

Most of us manage to post here without anyone at home reading what we post, TBF.
    Or at work
  • stodge said:

Oddly enough and possibly due to half term, rail passenger numbers dipped back to around 65% of pre-Covid numbers having touched 70% the previous week.

Tube passenger numbers remain at about 60% on weekdays but above 75% at weekends.

I am on 13,200 tube journeys so far.
    stodge said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a few extra people are wfh because of persistently high case numbers.
    IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Selebian said:

Leon said:

Farooq said:

Leon said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

SINGLE FIGURES

That’s a lot of experiences that turned out not worth repeating.
    If you’re going to consort with the Demi-monde - as I have done with some dedication - you might as well make the experience varied and diverse

Hookers are often brilliantly amusing and insightful. They see the human comedy. Of course as a customer you also witness the bleakness, too
    edited October 2021

Stocky said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

Of course he has the stats but presents even this one misleadingly!

One of the sources for the 8 average is from millennials as at 2015, so when they were 25-35 depending on what definition they used. Lifetime will be a lot higher.
    Lifetime is not much different, especially as more than half if they get married will be married by 35.

42% of all adults have had 4 sexual partners or less over their lifetime and 64% have had 9 sexual partners or less.

Only 2% are genuine Casanovas with more than 50 partners, probably very good looking or beautiful in their youth or very rich

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/how-many-sexual-partners-average-13442969

stodge said:

I am on 13,200 tube journeys so far.
    It's not journeys that count, it's number of stations visited.
    @Sunil_Prasannan, over to you.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

To be fair. She was quite fetching when young.

We were all young once.

• AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,618

Apparently we have passed the symbolic 1 in 400 people in the U.K. has died of Covid. I assume this is about right, as although the exact number will not be known, around 150,000 is probably close. But I wondered how many die each year, and it must 1 in 90 or something close to that. Yes Covid has been bad. Yes we have made errors in trying to fight it. But why should the 1 in 400 thing be a thing?

As far as can see, we are now in the position where positive tests are falling, and falling quite sharply, even when controlling for half term. Yet there is almost no mainstream coverage of it, despite the endlessly media shit-stirring when positive tests were rising.

iSage have been strangely silent; the TV news, unmoved.

You can see why people end up hatching ludicrous conspiracy theories over covid. The fall is newsworthy and yet, there is no news.
    Foxy said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Stocky said:

ydoethur said:

Farooq said:

To be fair. She was quite fetching when young.

We were all young once.

Good god. You definitely would

Also she’s wearing a choker symbolising submissiveness (in the world of kink)
This discussion has been closed.