Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Are Trump and other top Republicans secret Democratic Party agents? – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited August 2021 in General
Are Trump and other top Republicans secret Democratic Party agents? – politicalbetting.com

Trump and other Republicans are effectively killing their base. pic.twitter.com/MRY336NF1i

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,956
    edited August 2021
    Test to see the comments work fine.
  • The number of new Covid cases reported in Scotland has hit another record high of 7,113.

Around two thirds of cases are in the under-40 group. About 30% of Covid-related hospital admissions in the last month were also from the same age bracket.
  • TEST

It finished yesterday....
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,837
    "Do you think that General Patton was woke? I don't think so ... you know what woke means? It means you're a loser."

So at least that's that one nailed. We've been agonizing over it on here, haven't we, what the 'w' word means.

He does have his uses.
  • The number of new Covid cases reported in Scotland has hit another record high of 7,113

Govey's quest for twinks a super-spreader event.

Nice also to see him testing the local product for pureness and quality.
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,087
    What stupid people US evangelicals are for their loopy opposition to vaccines. This saves lives you ignorant cretins or maybe you don't want that

One is forced to conclude that they all want to meet Jesus and Covid is their opportunity to speed the process along.
  • Alphabet_SoupAlphabet_Soup Posts: 2,699
    Dontcha just hate bookshelves stacked with uniform editions?
  • Very close to the bone...

Being a conservative radio host appears to have become one of the most dangerous professions in the country.
    https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1431977674994499586?s=20
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    F1: rather soggy in Spa.

• JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    pigeon said:

What stupid people US evangelicals are for their loopy opposition to vaccines. This saves lives you ignorant cretins or maybe you don't want that

One is forced to conclude that they all want to meet Jesus and Covid is their opportunity to speed the process along.

I have no real insight into the insight of any sector of the US - the only Americans I converse with IRL have been over here for years. Having said that: I do wonder if the marginalisation of religion (Christianity) has something to do with this. Science has overtaken the bible to a large extent. Therefore if you are very religious, science may well be bogus. Science versus belief.

Has there been a breakdown of vaccination versus church attended?
  • contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    The data says that black and ethnic minority citizens are less likely to have been vaccinated than whites in America.

Will Mike and TSE be calling black and ethnic minority citizens who are resistant to taking vaccines ''ignorant cretins? ''

Or is that insult merely for people they would despise in any case, simply because they are Trump supporters...??

• rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038

The number of new Covid cases reported in Scotland has hit another record high of 7,113.

Around two thirds of cases are in the under-40 group. About 30% of Covid-related hospital admissions in the last month were also from the same age bracket.

Time for an emergency summit from iSAGE (Alba branch)?
  • RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,973
    Are we actually getting a Belgian Grand Prix?
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941

The data says that black and ethnic minority citizens are less likely to have been vaccinated than whites in America.

Will Mike and TSE be calling black and ethnic minority citizens who are resistant to taking vaccines ''ignorant cretins? ''

Or is that insult merely for people they would despise in any case, simply because they are Trump supporters...??

If the GOP are in charge of vaccination distribution there is not much chance they will have had equal access to them. Just look at what they do with polling places. ;)
    Mr. Abode, not sure. Currently not watching but keeping an eye on Twitter.

Might be tomorrow.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    edited August 2021

pigeon said:

I have no real insight into the insight of any sector of the US - the only Americans I converse with IRL have been over here for years. Having said that: I do wonder if the marginalisation of religion (Christianity) has something to do with this. Science has overtaken the bible to a large extent. Therefore if you are very religious, science may well be bogus. Science versus belief.

There was some interesting polling showing those who self identify as Evangelicals and hold the most extreme beliefs, tend not to be weekly Church attendees.
    Those who attend weekly or more tend to be more nuanced and varied in attitudes. It is almost as though it is an identity and belonging to a group, rather than religious per se. One may compare with Jihadists who don't go to Mosque.
    I will try to find it.

This isn't it, but says the same.
    https://www.relevantmagazine.com/faith/church/new-data-suggests-over-40-percent-of-self-identified-evangelicals-attend-church-once-a-year-or-less/

25% and rising of Evangelicals attend Church once a year or less.
  • The data says that black and ethnic minority citizens are less likely to have been vaccinated than whites in America.

My opprobrium is not targeted against those who people haven't been vaccinated but the idiots who dismissed Covid-19 as a hoax and those ***** who spread bullshit about the vaccine.

Anyhoo, the stats show the uptake is increasing among African Americans and Hispanics, whilst now 'Recent polls have found Republicans and White evangelicals are least likely to say they’ll get the shots.'
  • So Perez can start the Grand Prix.

If it starts.
    @JosiasJessop reply to you - can't post preceding quotes due to stupid "1 character too short" problem:

So Perez can start the Grand Prix.

If it starts.

From the pitlane. I think that's a good compromise.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,206
    Whooooooooooaaaaahhhhhhh LisdoonVARna!!!

LIS-doon LIS-doon Lis-doon Lis-doon-VARRRna!
    Mr. Jessop, spare a thought for those of us with a bet on a low number of classified finishers.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,206
    Anyone for the last few choc ices?
  • So Perez can start the Grand Prix.

If it starts.

This isn't good. We may get an hour at best.
  • A Covid sceptic who was hospitalised with the virus and went on to urge other people to get vaccinated has died.

Marcus Birks, 40, from Leek, Staffordshire, died on Friday leaving his family "shattered", his wife said.

He was admitted to the intensive care unit at Royal Stoke University Hospital earlier this month.

The musician had told the BBC he was "shocked" to have become so unwell with the virus because he "rarely got ill".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-58376709
    pigeon said:

Well "God" himself has come out against the vaccine in his latest release so ...

If it starts.

A know-nothing-about-motor-racing asks: Why can't they just give up and try again tomorrow afternoon, when there is a good forecast? Has the track been pre-booked by the Belgian Pensioners' Moped Club for their annual rally or something?
  • pigeon said:

If it starts.

A know-nothing-about-motor-racing asks: Why can't they just give up and try again tomorrow afternoon, when there is a good forecast? Has the track been pre-booked by the Belgian Pensioners' Moped Club for their annual rally or something?
    1) The marshalls go back to their day jobs tomorrow so a lack of marshalls means no race.

2) There's a Grand Prix next weekend in the Netherlands. So there will be logistical issues. Past form suggests things are already booked for transport this evening.
  • pigeon said:

If it starts.

Because the event has started (even though the race has not). 3 hours maximum event time, 2 hours maximum race time. The clock is running on the event.
  • YoungTurkYoungTurk Posts: 158

pigeon said:

Calling all US evangelicals "cretins" or "stupid" because supposedly they all refuse vaccination against Covid is wrong because they don't. Probably not even a majority of them do.

Not much is known about how the unvaccinated break down demographically. That's a strange lacuna given that in many minds their reluctance is one of the main antisocial problems of the current period.

Nor is it clear who the unvaccinated are in Britain, while prejudices are being allowed to let rip. The reported proportion of the population in Kensington and Chelsea who are double-vaccinated is only 50%. I am not convinced that that is because many who reside in the borough also keep homes elsewhere. Since when were denominators for local vaccination stats taken from estimated numbers of residents?
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    JJ said "Has there been a breakdown of vaccination versus church attended?"

Or a brexit<---> remain analysis? Of course you'd have to believe what they say.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    I wonder how Mikey Gove's head is this afternoon?
  • YoungTurk said:

pigeon said:

Calling all US evangelicals "cretins" or "stupid" because supposedly they all refuse vaccination against Covid is wrong because they don't. Probably not even a majority of them do.

Not much is known about how the unvaccinated break down demographically. That's a strange lacuna given that in many minds their reluctance is one of the main antisocial problems of the current period.

Nor is it clear who the unvaccinated are in Britain, while prejudices are being allowed to let rip. The reported proportion of the population in Kensington and Chelsea who are double-vaccinated is only 50%. I am not convinced that that is because many who reside in the borough also keep homes elsewhere. Since when were denominators for local vaccination stats taken from estimated numbers of residents?
    Not all of the american shitkickers will be evangelists. But there is definitely a big element of them. Medical science has been weaponised against sanity by the right for political point-scoring. Its crazy.
    Mr. Eagles, marshals may be a problem.

But logistically, it's less of a hassle than it might be given how nearby (I think) the Dutch race is.

If it were in Mexico, it'd be nigh on impossible.
  • BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

The number of new Covid cases reported in Scotland has hit another record high of 7,113.

Is the date on the age brake down of Scottish cases available?

On the gov COVID dashboard, there is an breakdown by age group for England but not Scotland. it would be good to see how much of the growth in cases in Scotland over the last 2 weeks has been in school age kids.
    YoungTurk said:

pigeon said:

Why is Andy Murray sounding off today about unvaccinated tennis stars?

Why are vaccine passports ruled out for the HOC?

Why are some Premier League clubs coy about player vaccination status?

It seems like there are lot of 'ignorant cretins' around....
    edited August 2021

pigeon said:

If it starts.

Because the event has started (even though the race has not). 3 hours maximum event time, 2 hours maximum race time. The clock is running on the event.
    They can work around that if necessary. "Oh, did I start the clock? I didn't mean to..."

I've been watching F1 since... well, probably 1977 or 78, when I was four or five and it started being shown regularly on BBC TV. I can't remember a situation like this.

The next race at Zandvoort is next week. It's not too far away from Spa, so it least it's not a case of reorganising flights. The marshals (who are unpaid) will need to be available, and if it isn't a bank holiday in Belgium tomorrow, they'd need to get time off work. The hospital needs to be available, as do the medical helicopters.

It's a mess. It's doable, but it's a mess.

Edit: tomorrow isn't a bank holiday in Belgium.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,049

YoungTurk said:

pigeon said:

Yes, there are! They are 95% of those on ventilators/ECMO in my Trust.

Unfortunately for them Science is true, even when they don't believe in it...
  • pigeon said:

If it starts.

They can work around that if necessary. "Oh, did I start the clock? I didn't mean to..."

I've been watching F1 since... well, probably 1977 or 78, when I was four or five and it started being shown regularly on BBC TV. I can't remember a situation like this.

The next race at Zandvoort is next week. It's not too far away from Spa, so it least it's not a case of reorganising flights. The marshals (who are unpaid) will need to be available, and if it isn't a bank holiday in Belgium tomorrow, they'd need to get time off work. The hospital needs to be available, as do the medical helicopters.

Hope so. Qualifying was sensational yesterday. And its Spa. I want to watch this race.
    Hmm. The total event limit was 4 hours. It was reduced to that after the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix (because F1 didn't want to ever replicate the incredible ending of that race).

When did it get reduced to 3 hours? Or is that due to sunset?

YoungTurk said:

pigeon said:

Was someone suggesting that there weren't a lot of ignorant cretins around?
  • Whatever happens from here on in, RedBull have pulled off a miracle rebuilding Sergio "Whoops" Perez's car.
  • Hmm. The total event limit was 4 hours. It was reduced to that after the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix (because F1 didn't want to ever replicate the incredible ending of that race).

Sunset is half 6 so even if the clock hasn't started they won't do much more than the 3 hours.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Scotland setting records. England sorely lacking.
  • Hmm. The total event limit was 4 hours. It was reduced to that after the 2011 Canadian Grand Prix (because F1 didn't want to ever replicate the incredible ending of that race).

Sunset and the fact TV companies need an ultimate cut off time.

Things like booking satellite time and uplinks costs a lot of money.
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812
    The Michael Gove pics are of a man having a full blown mid life crisis, if not a mental breakdown.

pigeon said:

If it starts.

Hope so. Qualifying was sensational yesterday. And its Spa. I want to watch this race.
    What gets me about this situation is the slight lack of competence in the situation. They're making the rules up as they go along (or creating precedence by interpreting fuzzy rules).

Take the Perez incident. A driver goes off on the way to the grid, and needs assistance to get back onto the track. The start is delayed enough for the car to be fixed. Can he restart? If so, the grid? the pitlane? I think they've made the correct decision (he made a mistake and therefore should suffer a penalty, but he has been repaired.

It's impossible to wargame every scenario; but this seems a distinctly possible one.
  • Alistair said:

Plenty of chance to catch up.....
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,049
    edited August 2021

The Michael Gove pics are of a man having a full blown mid life crisis, if not a mental breakdown.

Certainly no Brexit induced shortage of coke!

https://twitter.com/miffythegamer/status/1431969262705463299?s=19
  • Alistair said:

Schools go back soon and once again England will break Scotland's records.

England number 1.

Celtic nations = losers.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,550

If it starts.

A short race would be good for Russell’s chances.
    F1: race should've finished by now.

Humbug.
  • Foxy said:

Coke Zero I presume?
  • Foxy said:

Purity and quality tested by the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,111
    BigRich said:

On the gov COVID dashboard, there is an breakdown by age group for England but not Scotland. it would be good to see how much of the growth in cases in Scotland over the last 2 weeks has been in school age kids.
    https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Play around with the slider and ball thingies - proportion of cases in bairns is going up (compare cases today vs cases over last week). Don't seem to have a 2 week fig,. but the bairns only went back to school on the 16th, later in some places.
    Mr. B, one more lap is needed to qualify for a half-points result. That'd be great for many, rough on Hamilton.

Mr. B, one more lap is needed to qualify for a half-points result. That'd be great for many, rough on Hamilton.

Is it just one more lap? Even if the timer started, did those laps under the safety car (minus the formation) count? They could well be at a fresh start - which is why Perez can start.

You’re putting word in Mike’s mouth.
    This is the context for his ‘cretins’ epithet:
    Daniel Darling, senior vice president of communications for the National Religious Broadcasters, was fired Friday (Aug. 27) after refusing to admit his pro-vaccine statements were mistaken…

That’s the idiocy you’re defending.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,589
    RobD said:

YoungTurk said:

pigeon said:

Was someone suggesting that there weren't a lot of ignorant cretins around?
    The two commonest things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity.

I am sometimes worried about the amount of Hydrogen we have left.
    kinabalu said:

"Do you think that General Patton was woke? I don't think so ... you know what woke means? It means you're a loser."

So at least that's that one nailed. We've been agonizing over it on here, haven't we, what the 'w' word means.

He does have his uses.

On that definition, Mr Trump is woke.

Something wrong somewhere, methinks. Back to the drawing board?
  • Alistair said:

This whole pandemic has shown the perils of premature schadenfreude. "We're doing really well! Let's have a party. You're not; you stink!" being followed by "Oh bother, why am I in hospital?"

I want this damned virus to go. I don't want people to suffer or die from it. It's a shame Scotland's cases are going up, and I wish they weren't. There's no joy to be gained from any case of the virus: even anti-vaxxers.
    One thing is certain with COVID, it will eventually find you, and once you think you might have a problem, you have a bloody big problem....
    BigRich said:

Getting all 4 nations to provide the data to a common format / age breakdown has been an interesting experience, I understand.

There is a a reason that government is er.... looking hard at the JCVI over child vaccination and boosters.
    Mr. Jessop, my understanding is it's the number of laps behind the safety car minus one (for the 'formation lap'). So we've technically had one racing lap.

Although the event countdown hasn't started (2 racing hours) which is peculiar.
    edited August 2021

Foxy said:

Purity and quality tested by the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
    I think we'd have had it all over the newspapers if he had done so.

Edit: I mean last night!

Alistair said:

This whole pandemic has shown the perils of premature schadenfreude. "We're doing really well! Let's have a party. You're not; you stink!" being followed by "Oh bother, why am I in hospital?"

I want this damned virus to go. I don't want people to suffer or die from it. It's a shame Scotland's cases are going up, and I wish they weren't. There's no joy to be gained from any case of the virus: even anti-vaxxers.
    +1
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,122
    Carnyx said:

BigRich said:

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Play around with the slider and ball thingies - proportion of cases in bairns is going up (compare cases today vs cases over last week). Don't seem to have a 2 week fig,. but the bairns only went back to school on the 16th, later in some places.
    Clearly case numbers matter but far less so now that so many are vaxed. Surely the focus now should be to vaccinate as many of the remnants as possible, to continue the development of treatment of those for whom vaccines cannot work and continue to tweak the vaccines so that they are more effective against infection and transmission. All of the silly backbiting between different groups and countries is in danger of taking the focus away from these compelling needs.
    Nigelb said:

Daniel Darling, senior vice president of communications for the National Religious Broadcasters, was fired Friday (Aug. 27) after refusing to admit his pro-vaccine statements were mistaken…

I am not defending anti-vaxxers. I never have. Vaccines are very effective, although its becoming clearer that they are not as effective as getting and surviving covid.

I am simply asking why one subset of the vaccine hesitant (Trump supporting whites), is called 'ignorant cretins' and not all of those subsets.

Alistair said:

One thing is certain with COVID, it will eventually find you, and once you think you might have a problem, you have a bloody big problem....
    My current expectation is that everyone will eventually get it. The key is to delay that as long as possible; to reduce the burden on the hospitals, to allow more vaccinations to reduce the threat of my spreading it to others, and to allow further progress in therapeutics.
    And @TSE - you can add SLAB to the organizations that reanimate the dead, at least to vote. Scottish devolution referendum 1977.
    BigRich said:

Public health scotland have a dashboard that breaks down by age and gender.

Alistair said:

Schools go back soon and once again England will break Scotland's records.

England number 1.

Celtic nations = losers.
    Bizarrely the ONS infection survey as of 20th August says Scotland was at 1 in 140 whilst England was at 1 in 70 which seema scarcely believable.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited August 2021

Alistair said:

My current expectation is that everyone will eventually get it. The key is to delay that as long as possible; to reduce the burden on the hospitals, to allow more vaccinations to reduce the threat of my spreading it to others, and to allow further progress in therapeutics.
    Yes that's my opinion as well.

Furthermore, the big positive (so far) is that once you have had it once, reinfections are very uncommon and when they do occur in all but a tiny minority they are extremely mild.

This may well change with further mutations, but again further you can bump all this down the road the better.
  • Mr. Jessop, my understanding is it's the number of laps behind the safety car minus one (for the 'formation lap'). So we've technically had one racing lap.

Although the event countdown hasn't started (2 racing hours) which is peculiar.

From the betting, a lot of people are thinking Max will win a two lap "race" and if nothing happens they'll get their stakes back.
  • For the first time in top-flight history, Tottenham Hotspur will end the day top at the same time as Arsenal ending the day bottom of the table. Parallel

https://twitter.com/OptaJoe/status/1431993267348987906
  • The Ardennes in late August is often this sodden. We have had disastrous wet conditions for this race before. So why not move it so that it isn't August?
    YoungTurk said:

pigeon said:

Take the polls on vaccine hesitancy for the UK - some of these have breakdowns by social groups.

Look at the data for vaccine take up by MSOA

Look at the data for breakdown of the population for the MSOAs (harder to find)

The conclusion you are left with is that the polling is mostly truthful, as to who is not going for vaccination. My guesstimate is that vaccine hesitancy is over estimated by the polls.

Nigelb said:

I am not defending anti-vaxxers. I never have. Vaccines are very effective, although its becoming clearer that they are not as effective as getting and surviving covid.

I am simply asking why one subset of the vaccine hesitant (Trump supporting whites), is called 'ignorant cretins' and not all of those subsets.

Again you seem to be deliberately disingenuous here.
    This isn’t about ‘hesitancy’, but outright ideological denialism. The context of Mike’s comment is a guy being fired for saying something positive about vaccines.
  • noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,439
    edited August 2021

Nigelb said:

You do realise 1 in 3 American evangelicals are not white? Not particularly different to the US population as a whole. So when someone is criticising evangelicals the only link to white/not white criticism from that comment exists in your head, not from the person who said it.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2017/september/1-in-3-american-evangelicals-person-of-color-prri-atlas.html
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited August 2021
    33,196 cases... 61 deaths.

UK cases slightly up, but England down again on last week.

Yes it looks 'likely' (per either mine or DavidL's PT definition of the word). But perhaps some great work will be born of it. This sometimes happens with an artist and Mikey Gove is surely that. Out of an intense, off-the-rails fugue state lasting many days and nights might there come an approach to Social Care and Scottish Independence so creative and otherworldly as to blow everyone on all sides of politics away? If so, nobody will be quibbling about how he got there.

My opprobrium is not targeted against those who people haven't been vaccinated but the idiots who dismissed Covid-19 as a hoax and those ***** who spread bullshit about the vaccine.

Anyhoo, the stats show the uptake is increasing among African Americans and Hispanics, whilst now 'Recent polls have found Republicans and White evangelicals are least likely to say they’ll get the shots.'
    Surely the most effective anti-vaxxers are the medical professionals who write and broadcast stuff about vaccines.

These are the people who can sound most credible because they know all the correct buzzwords and procedures, and are far more convincing that some hot-headed Trumpist sounding off about nothing.

They are out there.
    If @rcs1000 was still wondering about leaving LA, this ought to tip the balance.
    https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1431555440740085763
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,260
    kinabalu said:

Yes it looks 'likely' (per either mine or DavidL's PT definition of the word). But perhaps some great work will be born of it. This sometimes happens with an artist and Mikey Gove is surely that. Out of an intense, off-the-rails fugue state lasting many days and nights might there come an approach to Social Care and Scottish Independence so creative and otherworldly as to blow everyone on all sides of politics away? If so, nobody will be quibbling about how he got there.
    You're exhibiting a level of optimism beyond the call of duty.

Surely the most effective anti-vaxxers are the medical professionals who write and broadcast stuff about vaccines.

These are the people who can sound most credible because they know all the correct buzzwords and procedures, and are far more convincing that some hot-headed Trumpist sounding off about nothing.

They are out there.
    I think they've had enough of experts.
  • *giggles* Spar update. The Stewards have decided to suspend the clock. No longer 55 minutes to go. The clock has stopped.
  • Nigelb said:

If @rcs1000 was still wondering about leaving LA, this ought to tip the balance.
    https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1431555440740085763

Drugs are bad, mmmmhhh ok kids......
    kinabalu said:

Aye, right.

F1: apparently they've stopped the time limits, so they won't need to complete by 6pm local time ...

Where's that GIF of an F1 car with headlights, done for when they did the first night race?
  • Its darkly ironic if the GOPs long-term courting of those who don't believe in Darwinianism leads to them losing the next election.

*giggles* Spar update. The Stewards have decided to suspend the clock. No longer 55 minutes to go. The clock has stopped.

Making the rules up as they go along ...
    Mr. JohnL, I'm expecting bets to be voided if the current situation is the end of the racing event.

If not, those who backed Russell to win each way will be chuffed.
  • Further proof that The Guardian is a joke.

‘The smartest person in any room anywhere’: in defence of Elon Musk, by Douglas Coupland

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/aug/29/the-smartest-person-in-any-room-anywhere-in-defence-of-elon-musk-by-douglas-coupland

I mean we all know the smartest person in the room isn't Musk but a certain PBer.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Further proof that The Guardian is a joke.

‘The smartest person in any room anywhere’: in defence of Elon Musk, by Douglas Coupland

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/aug/29/the-smartest-person-in-any-room-anywhere-in-defence-of-elon-musk-by-douglas-coupland

I mean we all know the smartest person in the room isn't Musk but a certain PBer.

What favour are you about to want from me?
  • For the fifth day in a row, the number of covid cases reported in England is down compared to a week earlier. But UK-wide figure continues to increase thanks to record (and growing) number of infections in Scotland.

https://twitter.com/HugoGye/status/1431996435373957120?s=20

*giggles* Spar update. The Stewards have decided to suspend the clock. No longer 55 minutes to go. The clock has stopped.

Does that mean they’re thinking about a Monday race, which otherwise couldn’t happen ?
    (If the clock isn’t stopped, then in 50 odd minutes, the GP is over, full stop.)

Nigelb said:

You do realise 1 in 3 American evangelicals are not white? Not particularly different to the US population as a whole. So when someone is criticising evangelicals the only link to white/not white criticism from that comment exists in your head, not from the person who said it.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2017/september/1-in-3-american-evangelicals-person-of-color-prri-atlas.html
    I once had tremendous fun getting some (UK) people lay into Seventh Day Adventists - they were all up for persecuting the horrible, bigoted etc etc

Until I showed them a picture myself at the local (London) Seventh Day Adventist meet-the-neighbours thing....

Its darkly ironic if the GOPs long-term courting of those who don't believe in Darwinianism leads to them losing the next election.

PB Pedant writes: it's 'Darwinism'. But yes, quite so.

The Darwin Awards website, btw, seems to have given up and thrown its hands in the air, hardly surprisingly.
This discussion has been closed.