Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Next week’s Trump impeachment vote: Which way will McConnell vote? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

MaxPB said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

All doses, all four nations

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Yesterday's total 352,935
    Days to target 13

Required rate/day 373,576

If it looks like we might just miss the target, will putting self-administered doses to cover the shortfall in the post count?
    England is comfortably ahead of target, should hit well before Valentine's day. No wonder you're starting to get stories of everyon vaccinated by May coming out.
    The entire UK vaccine cohort is 52,000,000 by my maths... so...

One jab for all by May Day Bank Holiday

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

Required rate/day 459,962

That's quite a bit tougher to do, but you have to say it's possible...
    That's first jab capacity, we also need to factor in the need from April to do a significant number of second doses at the same time so overall capacity from the middle of March onwards will have to be doubled for a bit.
    Very true, you are right.
    I think what we should be aiming for is to complete almost all of the first jabs by around April so that period of time where we need to double up is not very long or we don't need it at all.
  • Options

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

If it looks like we might just miss the target, will putting self-administered doses to cover the shortfall in the post count?
    England is comfortably ahead of target, should hit well before Valentine's day. No wonder you're starting to get stories of everyon vaccinated by May coming out.

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

If the supply is available, I think we'll do that easily. Vaccine centres are _still_ being built.

I reckon there will be a 1m day in the next fortnight.
    The 3 main issues for the UK program are

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

While no formal data has been presented, all the information I have come across is that vaccination centres are running at less than full capacity, due to the amount of vaccine they have.
    Bad weather is another major issue.

I'm guessing the vaccine figures for today will be lower because of the snow but some in the media will scream 'Vaccine rollout failure.'
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

EU remains determined to kill its oldies.....
    A step up from trying to kill ours at least........
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100
    edited February 2021

There is, presumably, an established emergency use authorisation option for approving medicines because it is recognised that there are sometimes emergencies that require a different approach.

It's bizarre that the EMA/EU didn't consider this pandemic a sufficient emergency to use emergency procedures, and incorrect to call it cutting corners.
    There's a few thousand alive-today oldies glad of that measured risk corner-cutting (as opposed to the Russian jab-it-and-see corner-cutting....)
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,940

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

It feels to me like the 22 Feb “plan to get out of lock down” we’ve been promised will include a new series of linked targets so people can see a countdown. A countdown that miraculously finishes in time for polling day.

“Beat the virus. Build back better”? Something like that, building on the known slogans, I suspect. Plus an announcement of something for NHS and care staff.

Where’s a value proxy for “Tories do so well they could have won London with a decent candidate”?
    Maybe one of the other metro mayoralties? Are they up for election this time?
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    This us getting very 'Comical Ali' but it just is not comical

When is someone in the EU going to just hook her off the stage

UVDL, Germany and France actions and words are just inexcusable
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,330
    What kind of a world leader doesn't make threats of a vaccine war when supplies are limited by manufacturing difficulties?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,721
    I know this country is no different, but politicians distracting from bad thing A by pointing to bad thing B for someone else is never a good look.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,940

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

If the supply is available, I think we'll do that easily. Vaccine centres are _still_ being built.

2nd jabs will start April but will only have to match earlier capacity.
    It's very exciting to see. Yes, you could be right.

I wonder if the government will set a new target should it beat the Valentine's Day goal?
  • Options

What kind of a world leader doesn't make threats of a vaccine war when supplies are limited by manufacturing difficulties?
    It does show that other mid-sized first world countries are struggling to answer the questions asked of htem by the UK scheme.
  • Options

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

While no formal data has been presented, all the information I have come across is that vaccination centres are running at less than full capacity, due to the amount of vaccine they have.

I'm guessing the vaccine figures for today will be lower because of the snow but some in the media will scream 'Vaccine rollout failure.'
    The good news is the UK in February is not known for its bad weather.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818

Andy_JS said:
    This is the worst mess the EU has got into a very long time, possibly since its inception.

People will die because of this bureaucratic clusterf*ck.

Remainers might pause to reflect on how completely wrong they were, and how right the ordinary people of Britain were. Several times.

Yeah right. That's going to happen.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

It does show that other mid-sized first world countries are struggling to answer the questions asked of htem by the UK scheme.
    I believe that the mistake that Canada made was trying to pick a winner (or small number of winners) for which vaccines they went for.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:
    This is the worst mess the EU has got into a very long time, possibly since its inception.

Yes, but overall proportionally more people will have died here, so those needless deaths are unimportant.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,078
    kle4 said:

I know this country is no different, but politicians distracting from bad thing A by pointing to bad thing B for someone else is never a good look.
    To be fair his full answer, not just the Twitter quote, is actually quite full and fair and acknowledges that we've done well.
  • Options

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

I wonder if the government will set a new target should it beat the Valentine's Day goal?
    Yes, it should set a new target to give the first jab to the entire adult population by the end of April, that's 74 days to do 39m first doses. That's an average rate of 530k per day, or over a week 3.8m, the only issues may be that there will be a switchover from Pfizer to Moderna and the latter will ramp up as the other one ramps down and we can't give new patients Pfizer doses once we reach 20m used putting a lot of strain on the AZ supply line.
  • Options
    Tim Hortons. I’d like to be like Canada on Tim Hortons (but with decent tea). Can we swap vaccines for doughnuts?
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Andy_JS said:

But as long as they keep their jobs....... no worries
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    Andy_JS said:
    Nominative determinism strikes again: poor Ursula has turned out to be a little bear of little brain...

'When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it'.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Andy_JS said:

Isn't there anyone in the EU with common sense
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

Yes, it should set a new target to give the first jab to the entire adult population by the end of April, that's 74 days to do 39m first doses. That's an average rate of 530k per day, or over a week 3.8m, the only issues may be that there will be a switchover from Pfizer to Moderna and the latter will ramp up as the other one ramps down and we can't give new patients Pfizer doses once we reach 20m used putting a lot of strain on the AZ supply line.
    "Vaccine centres are _still_ being built"

Are they? Hope so. No sign in my neck of the woods, even though we keep being told this.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Peak hilarity has to be invoking the Pope in the context of Northern Ireland which they care so much about....

• Options
    kle4 said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

This morning the Geordie PBers were traipsing through snowdrifts to post. It would not surprise me if part of the slowness in (until recently) Wales and Scotland was weather-related. Northern Ireland, who knows? There are current weather warnings for Scotland and the north.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

Floater said:

Andy_JS said:

SE Spain says hello - or hola!
  • Options
    I see Captain Tom has died - He certainly had a good knock and especially hit a few out of the ground at the end of course. Hope he is not put down as a covid death though as he clearly had flu. We dont need more misleading covid 19 stats keeping the country in fear
  • Options
    Population density per square kilometres
    Canada 4

UK 275
    England 432

Not exactly comparing like for like.

And before someone says it yes the miles of empty uninhabited spaces in Canada DO help in a pandemic. They provide natural firebreaks between inhabited towns and cities. As opposed to eg in England where you have no natural barrier between say Liverpool and Manchester, they are one sprawling metropolis with homes in-between all the way.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

"Vaccine centres are _still_ being built"

Are they? Hope so. No sign in my neck of the woods, even though we keep being told this.
    Depends on the area I guess but I know that CES are still contracted to build loads.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:
    Nominative determinism strikes again: poor Ursula has turned out to be a little bear of little brain...

'When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it'.
    Maybe not the cleverest but you can see how she got where she is.

Absolutely vicious when threatened and prepared to go to any lengths.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,953
    MaxPB said:

@rcs1000 must be feeling extremely smug about his GME bet!

Sold out.

Feeling smug.
  • Options

Floater said:

Andy_JS said:

Barnier?
  • Options

As I said early, the UK has vaccinated millions of 65+ year olds.

How bigger a f*cking clinical trial does the EU want, given this is a pandemic emergency?
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Peak hilarity has to be invoking the Pope in the context of Northern Ireland which they care so much about....

Everyone knows that for balance you have to write “the Pope/the Anti-Christ”.
  • Options

One who doesn't have to worry about re-election?
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,663
    Toms said:

MexicanPete said "I came I saw, I upset two Boris enthusiasts"

I wonder how you could put that in the Latin of J. Caesar. Reginald Foster could have done it ll. Time to get out my school Latin texts and dictionary.

Veni, vidi, Boridiphilunculos duos turbavi.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,024

Chris said:

Andy_JS said:

Just seen this, probably already discussed on here:

"UK compromising safety over Covid-19 vaccine, says Ursula von der Leyen

Britain failed its “gigantic responsibility” to ensure the proper safety of vaccines and the European Union should be proud of its strategy, Ursula von der Leyen said today."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uk-compromising-safety-over-covid-19-vaccine-says-ursula-von-der-leyen-lbk60pzlf

Can she get any more disgraceful?
    It’s a fairly brave statement to make when the U.K. is starting to see the (positive) results of a 9m person trial.... She’s going to look (even more) foolish.
    Is that true tho? Are we already seeing evidence that Oxon-AZ works in the old?

If so, great. If not, when WILL we see the data, good or bad?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Floater said:

Andy_JS said:

Barnier?
    To be fair, he’s looking like a political giant in comparison. Can’t picture him doing half of this crap.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    kle4 said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

Not in relation to other places, it isn't :)
  • Options

kle4 said:

Floater said:

Andy_JS said:

Barnier?
    To be fair, he’s looking like a political giant in comparison. Can’t picture him doing half of this crap.
    Not even half, indeed Junckers would not have been this bad
  • Options
    edited February 2021

kle4 said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

This morning the Geordie PBers were traipsing through snowdrifts to post. It would not surprise me if part of the slowness in (until recently) Wales and Scotland was weather-related. Northern Ireland, who knows? There are current weather warnings for Scotland and the north.
    Geordie PBers use pillar boxes? Whatever next? Do they impress their postings in cuneiform on wet clay?

Edit: silly me. Given where they come from, obvs. carve runes on sticks.
  • Options
    Don't worry.....NordStream2, SputnikV - Mutti wants to play nice:

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1356657804925431809?s=20
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Leon said:

Chris said:

Andy_JS said:

Britain failed its “gigantic responsibility” to ensure the proper safety of vaccines and the European Union should be proud of its strategy, Ursula von der Leyen said today."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uk-compromising-safety-over-covid-19-vaccine-says-ursula-von-der-leyen-lbk60pzlf

It’s a fairly brave statement to make when the U.K. is starting to see the (positive) results of a 9m person trial.... She’s going to look (even more) foolish.

Well, from earlier posts in this thread, 22 days from first dose should provide good protection against morbidity and mortality rates, and some protection against infection. So we should be seeing effects begin to feed through the system in the next few weeks, is my guess.
  • Options
    What do the lawyers here make of this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54189113
  • Options

That's what you call a sentence in the public interest. People should not think assassination attempts are a reason to break the rules.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

Geordie PBers use pillar boxes? Whatever next? Do they impress their postings in cuneiform on wet clay?

They had sticks? Luuuuuuuuuuxxxxxxxxxxxxxurrrrrrrrrrry!

{insert 4 Yorkshiremen here}
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,538

Andy_JS said:

Remainers might pause to reflect on how completely wrong they were, and how right the ordinary people of Britain were. Several times.

Are all of "the ordinary people of Britain" in the 52% that voted for Brexit, or might some of "the ordinary people of Britain" be in the 48% that didn't?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

Won't there be an issue that there'll be considerable second doses in March? I know my wife is booked for her second at the end of February, having had her first in December.

Maybe only 100k per week given the way the first round ramped up, but still that'll need adding to the first round amount if we are to finish the first round promptly.

Be good to have the first round completed in the Spring, allowing the second round to proceed without any interruption from the first or vice versa.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    It's like they actually want a war. WTF are they doing?
  • Options
    Oxford announcement on the latest Oxford/AZ data:

https://twitter.com/UniofOxford/status/1356655905828462593?s=20
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,731
    Leon said:

Andy_JS said:
    In fairness, that’s the same criticism WE have of the Russians with their Sputnik, init?
  • Options
    BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    edited February 2021
    Carnyx said:

Toms said:

MexicanPete said "I came I saw, I upset two Boris enthusiasts"

I wonder how you could put that in the Latin of J. Caesar. Reginald Foster could have done it ll. Time to get out my school Latin texts and dictionary.

Veni, vidi, Boridiphilunculos duos turbavi.
    Lol! Perhaps if he were trying his hand at comedy or satire; otherwise, 'consulis fautores' seems more his manner :wink:
  • Options
    Biden's nominations appear to be progressing through:

https://twitter.com/ossoff/status/1356660207221436419?s=20
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Are all of "the ordinary people of Britain" in the 52% that voted for Brexit, or might some of "the ordinary people of Britain" be in the 48% that didn't?
    I guess they are. And I tell you what, the more ordinary they are, the more likely they are to consider whether they made the correct choice.

• Options
    ping said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:
    In fairness, that’s the same criticism WE have of the Russians with their Sputnik, init?
    It is the same criticism. It is not based on the same amount of demonstrable facts.
  • Options

How bigger a f*cking clinical trial does the EU want, given this is a pandemic emergency?
    I remember seeing a sign outside a Lush store in France: Cosmétiques Lush: testés sur les Anglais, pas sur les animaux
  • Options
    ping said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:
    Who is 'we'? Have Boris or SAGE trashed the processes of the Sputnik development?
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Nope, we have the live with it, but nothing changes the fact that when all aspects are considered, Brexit is still a pointless nationalistic clusterfuck wankfest for people of very small brains. It is true that the EU has fucked up on this. The people in the Commission have been stupid. The EU is an organisation that often messes up. Get real, so does every organisation including NATO and the UN, and by-the-way, even good old blighty. I am quite adjusted to the madness that is Brexit, and I am sure UK will eventually recover from the unnecessary self harm, but unless you are of very very small brain, this EU screw up is not some sudden evidence that Brexit was worthwhile, just that it's advocates have for once, at last, found something that we have, by pure accident, benefitted indirectly from our undignified exit.

Right that should have lit the blue touch paper of our more swivelly-eyed PBers lol.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

Typical PB Yorkshireman posting

https://www.culture24.org.uk/history-and-heritage/archaeology/art547754-star-carr-pendant-archaeology-shaman-mesolithic

Seriously, though, the weather has been pretty nasty in much of Scotland over the last week or two - I've had to be careful about going out and strap on some rubber/metal studs on my boots. Even the milder weather of late has been tricky in terms of melting and then refreezing the ice.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    kle4 said:

That's what you call a sentence in the public interest. People should not think assassination attempts are a reason to break the rules.
    Almost on a par with the 'shot whilst trying to escape', excuse so beloved by dictatorial regimes.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Nope, we have the live with it, but nothing changes the fact that when all aspects are considered, Brexit is still a pointless nationalistic clusterfuck wankfest for people of very small brains. It is true that the EU has fucked up on this. The people in the Commission have been stupid. The EU is an organisation that often messes up. Get real, so does every organisation including NATO and the UN, and by-the-way, even good old blighty. I am quite adjusted to the madness that is Brexit, and I am sure UK will eventually recover from the unnecessary self harm, but unless you are of very very small brain, this EU screw up is not some sudden evidence that Brexit was worthwhile, just that it's advocates have for once, at last, found something that we have, by pure accident, benefitted indirectly from our undignified exit.

Right that should have lit the blue touch paper of our more swivelly-eyed PBers lol.
    Grace under fire sir. I salute you.
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,731

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

It feels to me like the 22 Feb “plan to get out of lock down” we’ve been promised will include a new series of linked targets so people can see a countdown. A countdown that miraculously finishes in time for polling day.

“Beat the virus. Build back better”? Something like that, building on the known slogans, I suspect. Plus an announcement of something for NHS and care staff.

Where’s a value proxy for “Tories do so well they could have won London with a decent candidate”?
    London Mayoral to go to a second round / Khan less than 50% first round if that bet is available (not looked, but know that it has been in the past)?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Chris said:

Andy_JS said:

Here's some useful data on that, WoW change in the English hospitalisation rate for the two targeted age groups, you can see the fall is accelerating while lockdown conditions have stayed the same.

• Options

Biden's nominations appear to be progressing through:

https://twitter.com/ossoff/status/1356660207221436419?s=20

It's going to be interesting to see him manage a big administrative job like this. Fantastic future candidate for the party assuming he can step up from being a mayor.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

The issue is not f*cking up.

The issue is error correction

How much of that have you recently observed from the EU?
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,718
    Leon said:

Andy_JS said:
    Trying to cover their arses. It`s as simple as that.
  • Options

Starting to wish I could choose to opt for Oxford/AZ jab when my turn comes.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

kle4 said:

Almost on a par with the 'shot whilst trying to escape', excuse so beloved by dictatorial regimes.
    "Just sprinkle some crack on the body, and we're all good here"
  • Options

Don't worry both vaccines are great, all of those that have been approved by the MHRA are great and we have got two more coming that are going to be just as good.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100
    Stocky said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:
    Right. With huge great "KICK MY ARSE" signs.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

kle4 said:

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

Typical PB Yorkshireman posting

https://www.culture24.org.uk/history-and-heritage/archaeology/art547754-star-carr-pendant-archaeology-shaman-mesolithic

Seriously, though, the weather has been pretty nasty in much of Scotland over the last week or two - I've had to be careful about going out and strap on some rubber/metal studs on my boots. Even the milder weather of late has been tricky in terms of melting and then refreezing the ice.
    No, this is a typical PB Yorkshireman posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKHFZBUTA4k
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

The issue is not f*cking up.

The issue is error correction

How much of that have you recently observed from the EU?
    I think the EU Commission has been awful, truly awful. There should be resignations, and plenty of them, in the same way as I believe there should have been resignations from our government over the Brexit negotiations, and our abysmal track-and-trace, and the general handling of the pandemic crisis.

I was, though, directly responding to the dumb post above, not about my disgust at the behaviour of Dr von der Leyen.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,516

Don't mess with patent, copyright or trademark law unless you know what you are doing, accompanied by a six figure fee.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Don't worry both vaccines are great, all of those that have been approved by the MHRA are great and we have got two more coming that are going to be just as good.
    Yes, they do all look very good. Looking at the graphs, the mRNA ones perhaps work more quickly, but the difference in effectiveness by around 28 days is not looking very significant.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Chris said:

Andy_JS said:

Here's some useful data on that, WoW change in the English hospitalisation rate for the two targeted age groups, you can see the fall is accelerating while lockdown conditions have stayed the same.

Thanks, but is that what it shows? Surely we need to compare it to the fall in other age groups.

And isn't that a levelling off at the end? - of course, that could be because every oldie has either now 1. died, and/or 2 had it and survived, and/or 3 been vaxxed

Also, didn't every oldie get Pfizer at the start? All the ones I know did. But I don't know if that is the case nationally
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,272
    edited February 2021
    Stocky said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:
    If the progress on reductions in hospital and death rates continue as they are, the lack of confidence in AZN in Europe caused by UVDL, Merkel and Macron will become the biggest crisis the EU has ever faced, and their individual electorates are going to demand more autonomy and much less Europe

Furthermore, they put at risk the peoples of Europe because some leaders cannot face the UK succeeding and this is verging on a serious crime
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited February 2021

twitter.com/axios/status/1356657804925431809?s=20

Why did you break your parole.....I was poisoned and in a coma....off to jail for you son.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,477
    algarkirk said:

Don't mess with patent, copyright or trademark law unless you know what you are doing, accompanied by a six figure fee.
    One of Banksy's problems is that his works are designed to be on permanent public display in a public place, which means that it is difficult to control photos of them. There is an exception in law.

Though that is a different ishoo.
  • Options

Stocky said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:
    If the progress on reductions in hospital and death rates continue as they are, the lack of confidence in AZN in Europe caused by UVDL, Merkel and Macron will become the biggest crisis the EU has ever faced, and their individual electorates are going to demand more autonomy and much less Europe

Furthermore, they put at risk the peoples of Europe because some leaders cannot face the UK succeeding and this is verging on a serious crime
    I don't think so. The EU's major politicos have behaved abominably but I reckon there will be such a surge in vaccinations soon this will be largely forgotten, on a national level - ie Macron will be fine and Merkel is going, anyway

The present EU Commission, especially Ursula Von Twat will, however, never escape the stain of this
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited February 2021

I remember seeing a sign outside a Lush store in France: Cosmétiques Lush: testés sur les Anglais, pas sur les animaux
    Tres bien!
  • Options
    Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Chris said:

Andy_JS said:

Thanks, but is that what it shows? Surely we need to compare it to the fall in other age groups.

And isn't that a levelling off at the end? - of course, that could be because every oldie has either now 1. died, and/or 2 had it and survived, and/or 3 been vaxxed

Also, didn't every oldie get Pfizer at the start? All the ones I know did. But I don't know if that is the case nationally
    Occam's razor says "go for a straight line, with some noise on it".
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,814

Andy_JS said:

I guess they are. And I tell you what, the more ordinary they are, the more likely they are to consider whether they made the correct choice.

People reflecting on how wrong they have been is always a good thing.

[cough]
    IFR below 0.2%
    No worse than flu
    Secret herd immunity already
    All economists condemn lockdown and restrictions
    No second wave
    All False Positives
    Casedemic
    No excess deaths
    NHS at normal levels

[cough]
  • Options
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

I don't think so. The EU's major politicos have behaved abominably but I reckon there will be such a surge in vaccinations soon this will be largely forgotten, on a national level - ie Macron will be fine and Merkel is going, anyway

The present EU Commission, especially Ursula Von Twat will, however, never escape the stain of this
    After last week, doing an absolute massive shit on the table full view of everybody, then trying to pretend that they didn't, instead did a small wee in a bottle and are very sorry for that....and now going round smearing all that shit all over the walls in some deranged dirty protest.
  • Options
    For balance. What is this? It doesn't look good

https://twitter.com/runnermandoc/status/1356337026757492738?s=20
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Grace under fire sir. I salute you.
    subtle burn.

like it.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,326

maaarsh said:

Vaxometer

Target 15,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 4,865,489
    Days to target 13

Target 52,000,000
    Thru 10,143,511
    Remaining 41,856,489
    Days to target 91

1) Supply
    2) Supply
    3) Supply

I think we're doing pretty well on vaccines, and you won't accuse me of boosterism. When I turned up for my appointment at precisely 827 this morning it was running like a really efficient polling station with a steady stream coming every 3 minutes and going (by different entrances), including lots of cheery unpaid volunteers pitching iin to say where to park, where to go next etc. We Pfizens had a well-separated section to have our 15 minutes contemplating the meaning of life.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Stocky said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Do you think Europe has anywhere near the infrastructure, logistics and ability to deliver the amount of vaccinations needed in anything like a timely manner and by mid summer
  • Options
    edited February 2021
  • Options
    Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Chris said:

Andy_JS said:

No, because it is a week on week percentage change it isn't a levelling off. A levelling off would be represented by the line going back up towards 0.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leon said:

For balance. What is this? It doesn't look good

https://twitter.com/runnermandoc/status/1356337026757492738?s=20

He needs to define how many "outbreaks" and what does he mean by that, and how many within the 21 days...and which vaccines.
  • Options

twitter.com/axios/status/1356657804925431809?s=20

Why did you break your parole.....I was poisoned and in a coma....off to jail for you son.
    Reminds me of some of the Jim Crow era convictions in America.

Racist cops beat an innocent African America with their night sticks.

The African American is charged with destruction and damaging public proper because the coppers hit him so hard they broke their night sticks and he bled on a carpet.
  • Options
    Murder is bad for business.

More environmental activists have been killed since 2002 than UK soldiers in war zones. But, the truth is, murder is very bad for business, according to new research from Oxford, which shows financiers steer clear of firms linked to deaths.
    https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/arts-blog/murder-bad-business-oxford-economics-study

(You can tell it is Oxford by the comma overload!)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Leon said:
    Provided there is supply, we have the capacity to start shifting this forward.
This discussion has been closed.