Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Trump’s only got himself to blame for doing so badly amongst women – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,730
edited October 2020 in General
Trump’s only got himself to blame for doing so badly amongst women – politicalbetting.com

Pelosi slams Trump for telling suburban women voters he is "getting your husbands back to work" "What decade is he living in? What century is he living in? So completely removed from the realties of life. And that has caused death." https://t.co/sdQVp1gT3q pic.twitter.com/vAENjcsqHt

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,751
    edited October 2020
    A mystery why the self confessed pussy grabber is doing so badly with women.
  • Options
    FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

"Thanks for condolences SeaShanty, ydoethur and others.

Strangely Trump came up independently of the family revelation (that was at the funeral meats). My uncle was a Liberal Unionist who loathed Brexit and Trump, and his son, my cousin, in his tribute brought up Trump as the polar opposite of of the person that was my uncle. Weird how politics crops up.

The Isle Lewis has it's own sort of rascals who are not really brashly Trumpian, more Odysseus the Trickster types. This is a good example, an interesting story even if you're not a Lewisman I think."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Soolivan-Recollections-Traveller-Raconteur/dp/1841583286

Looking at the map, I see that the "Isle" of Lewis is NOT an island - sounds pretty Trumpian to me!
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 45,032

Simples. They prefer being sniffed to being sexually assaulted....
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,586

Well, he’s not grabbing their votes anyway.
  • Options

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Strangely Trump came up independently of the family revelation (that was at the funeral meats). My uncle was a Liberal Unionist who loathed Brexit and Trump, and his son, my cousin, in his tribute brought up Trump as the polar opposite of of the person that was my uncle. Weird how politics crops up.

The Isle Lewis has it's own sort of rascals who are not really brashly Trumpian, more Odysseus the Trickster types. This is a good example, an interesting story even if you're not a Lewisman I think."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Soolivan-Recollections-Traveller-Raconteur/dp/1841583286

Looking at the map, I see that the "Isle" of Lewis is NOT an island - sounds pretty Trumpian to me!

The one thing that Harrismen and Lewismen (& Harriswomen & Lewiswomen) agree on is that they're separate entities!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,135

In a world of shit news...a small beacon of hope... tonight the child is back.

https://twitter.com/themandalorian/status/1321496959186690049?s=19

I hope they give Baby Yoda a name this season.

Oh and what specie it is.
    Not a chance. When the exact gravity of planets in the star wars universe which never appear in the movies are exhaustively catelogued but the yoda species is not, some mysteries are clearly meant to be.
  • Options
    rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,300

The one thing that Harrismen and Lewismen (& Harriswomen & Lewiswomen) agree on is that they're separate entities!

Lewis is fabulous. Harris looks like the moon.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,048
    edited October 2020
    Hawaii passes 2016, now at 104.5% turnout. Shows Democrat enthusiasm to vote at any rate.
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,965
    Scott_xP said:

With better beaches, mind.

Horgabost has been a bit wrecked by the campsite tho'. I preferred it when it was just Queenie's chod (allegedly) and nothing else..

• Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,300

Horgabost has been a bit wrecked by the campsite tho'. I preferred it when it was just Queenie's chod (allegedly) and nothing else..

Luskintyre FTW
  • Options

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Am NOT challenging that (says proud owner of a Harris Tweed hacking jacket manufactured in 1984).

But calling yerself an island when you clearly ain't - THAT's pure Trumpsky!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,304
    edited October 2020
    Trump has never been popular with most women, even Hillary won the female vote by 13% in 2016 which was actually more than the 11% Obama beat Romney with with women in 2012, however he still managed to win the EC as he won the male vote by 11%
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,938
    Evening all :)

A pulverising of polls this evening as might be expected moving into the final five days of the 2020 American Presidential, Senate, Congressional and Dog-Catcher election campaigns.

Starting with the national polls and Rasmussen charitably gives Biden a sniff tonight with a 48-47 lead. Elsewhere, IBD/TIPP is unchanged at 50-45 while USA Today has a Suffolk poll which has Biden 7.5% ahead (51.8-44.3)

https://www.suffolk.edu/-/media/suffolk/documents/academics/research-at-suffolk/suprc/polls/national/2020/10_29_2020_marginals_pdftxt.pdf?la=en&hash=7BE590FE9C03C3188A29E97C1108D5CB75C70362
  • Options
    Plenty of fascinating State polling out there as well this evening:

Three Florida polls including one from Monmouth have Biden ahead by 3-6 points.

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/monmouthpoll_FL_102920/

On that basis, I'm moving Florida into the Blue column on my map.

A Quinnipiac poll has Trump ahead 47-46 in Iowa - I'm keeping that state TCTC but very much in the lean Trump column.

A couple of Minnesota polls might concern the Biden campaign especially the Survey USA poll showing Biden up by just five 47-42:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/20400328/surveyusa1028.pdf

Clinton won Minnesota by just 1.5 points last time and Trump fans have always seen this as one of the potential "flips". A 5-point lead represents a small 1.75% swing from 2016 which would be enough across the board but not by much.

Quinnipiac has Biden up seven in Pennsylvania while North Carolina remains TCTC with one poll showing a 48-48 tie and a Siena poll has a 3-point lead for Biden. (48-45).

In Georgia, a Public Policy Polling poll (!) has Biden ahead by two but PPP has a lean towards the Democrats so nothing to move the state out of the TCTC column.

In Texas, a UMass/Lowell poll has Trump ahead 47-46

https://www.uml.edu/docs/2020-Texas-Oct-Topline_tcm18-331627.pdf

There's been a lot of polling in Texas and plenty of argument on here that Biden winning represents a value bet. That may well be but in terms of winning the State, I'm still not convinced. The changes on the last equivalent UMass/Lowell poll are Trump -1 and Biden +2. I'm keeping Texas in the Red column but if we see a couple more decent polls for Biden it'll go in the TCTC column.

In Ohio, a Quinnipiac poll has Biden up five (48-43) and I'm happy to keep the state in the TCTC column thought now leaning to Biden.

https://poll.qu.edu/florida/release-detail?ReleaseID=3682

Four other states which are not marginals have polls out - in New Hampshire, Biden leads by ten which is a 5% swing from 2016. In Virginia, Biden leads by twelve so a 3.5% swing from 2016. As for New Jersey, a 24 point Biden lead represents a 5% swing from 2016. On the Red front, a rare poll from Alabama has a 19-point Trump lead represents a 4.5% swing to Biden from 2016.

Four non-marginal states and a consistent 3.5-5% swing to Biden suggesting a national poll lead of 9-12 points though with the swing less in the marginal states perhaps nearer a 6-8 point lead.

My map has 314-163 for Biden with 61 TCTC.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,196
    edited October 2020
    Trump not just doing badly with women, he's facing the the Californian Furies - Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi and Dianne Feinstein
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    I imagine that, whether you are a high flying career woman or a housewife or something in between, a long-term unemployed husband is definitely not something you would want.
  • Options

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Am NOT challenging that (says proud owner of a Harris Tweed hacking jacket manufactured in 1984).

"The best, most amazing, winningest island'

Leòdhasachs & Hearachs

• Options
    stodge said:

A pulverising of polls this evening as might be expected moving into the final five days of the 2020 American Presidential, Senate, Congressional and Dog-Catcher election campaigns.

Starting with the national polls and Rasmussen charitably gives Biden a sniff tonight with a 48-47 lead. Elsewhere, IBD/TIPP is unchanged at 50-45 while USA Today has a Suffolk poll which has Biden 7.5% ahead (51.8-44.3)

https://www.suffolk.edu/-/media/suffolk/documents/academics/research-at-suffolk/suprc/polls/national/2020/10_29_2020_marginals_pdftxt.pdf?la=en&hash=7BE590FE9C03C3188A29E97C1108D5CB75C70362

I'm was worried you might be running out of collective nouns for polls, but I can see there was no problem.
  • Options

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Ahem, Rhode Island, ahem.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

stodge said:

I'm was worried you might be running out of collective nouns for polls, but I can see there was no problem.
    Four days left and the thesaurus is by my side - I shall be fine.
  • Options
    Another day, another academic finding that comes to a slightly different conclusion...

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-10-people-mount-strong-antibody-response.amp
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,644

I imagine that, whether you are a high flying career woman or a housewife or something in between, a long-term unemployed husband is definitely not something you would want.

Depends on how well they keep house I guess.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Luskintyre FTW
    Hushinish is the choice of the discerning visitor. Luskentyre just has better PR.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,117
    When can we expect another Trafalgar poll?
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    edited October 2020
    stodge said:

kle4 said:

stodge said:

Four days left and the thesaurus is by my side - I shall be fine.
    Your thesaurus is in front of you ... like almost everything else, online is easier.
  • Options

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

"The best, most amazing, winningest island'

Leòdhasachs & Hearachs

Clearly the L&H folks have drunk the "Isle" of Lewis Kool-aid (neat no doubt).

Just like some we might mention who, who've chugged down WAY more of The Donald's hell-brew than's good for 'em!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,339
    edited October 2020
    The #IStandWithJeremyCorbyn hashtag on twitter is a bit like looking at supporters of Trump...he never done anything wrong ever, its the deep state swamp trying to stop him.

https://twitter.com/JamesEFoster/status/1321751365429960704?s=19
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,753
    edited October 2020
    rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

NOTE that there IS in fact a Rhode Island in the State of Rhode Island AND Providence Plantations!

So, sir or madam or who knows (as the case may be) please withdraw your aspersions upon the good folk of the Ocean State!! Or risk meeting the ghost of Roger Williams on some dark and stormy night!!!

OR even worse, some gnarled old Sicilian lady from Pawtucket will mutter an ancient curse AND give you her evil eye!!!!
  • Options

Your thesaurus is in front of you ... like almost everything else, online is easier.

Perhaps but I'll trust to my vocabulary in first instance, hopefully, with a tincture of wit.

• Options

When can we expect another Trafalgar poll?

Cahaly's intern is still cooking - sorry, crunching the numbers . . .
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,420
    edited October 2020
    Scott_xP said:

The east coast certainly, though it has its own grandeur, sort of. The west is softer. Harris has the Clisham!
  • Options
    rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Isle of Dogs?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

The east coast certainly, though it has it's own grandeur, sort of. The west is softer. Harris has the Clisham!
    Is that curable?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I totally get what they mean about no evidence of antisemitism. (must surely be a spoof though, it's too good). Edit: As I thought. Almost a shame.
    https://twitter.com/cquilty52/status/1321809462890516480
  • Options
    peter_from_putneypeter_from_putney Posts: 6,875
    edited October 2020
    FPT:

***** BETTING POST *****

Ohio simply has to be the ultimate bellwether state, evidenced by the fact that in the 31 General Elections since 1896, it has only twice (in 1944 and 1960) failed to vote for the winning candidate, meaning that it has backed the winner unerringly over the past 56 years! Furthermore, no Republican has ever won the Presidency without winning Ohio. Against such a background, it is interesting to note that despite the betting markets having Trump as the clear favourite to win this state with Betfair Exchange at current net odds of 1.40, Biden, shown in the most recent polls as having a clear lead, has to be the value bet at 3.09 not only to land the state but to continue its startling record of correctly backing the winner over a consecutive period of 60 years.
    Show me a better U.S. Election bet offering odds of better than 2/1!
    As ever, DYOR.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    I think if I'm correct this is RMG , Scott Rasmussens new polling company which im pretty sure is rated B? and not R biased by 538 as Rasmussen polling (where Scott was before0 is,, though HYUFD may be able to confirm this? So it may well be this poll is a bit more balanced than the 'other' Rasmussen in regards leaning R
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Luskintyre FTW
    Hushinish is the choice of the discerning visitor. Luskentyre just has better PR.
    That's definitely true, although I quite liked Northton (S side).
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,061

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Isle of Dogs?
    Thanet. Ely.
  • Options

The #IStandWithJeremyCorbyn hashtag on twitter is a bit like looking at supporters of Trump...he never done anything wrong ever, its the deep state swamp trying to stop him.

One cult worships the Golden Calf, the other the Yard Gnome.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,799

Look, we've been here before. He didn't have to stand, there were plenty of seats on the train.
  • Options
    That episode of Dr Who where the home secretary is in fact a merciless, short arsed golem from Alpha Centauri.

https://twitter.com/StefanRousseau/status/1321838262818930689?s=20
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I totally get what they mean about no evidence of antisemitism. (must surely be a spoof though, it's too good). Edit: As I thought.

It is a spoof. She is very good.

She coined Quilty's Law, which states that the longer you argue online with an Antisemite, the greater the probability they will claim to have Jewish ancestry.
  • Options

FPT:

***** BETTING POST *****

Ohio simply has to be the ultimate bellwether state, evidenced by the fact that in the 31 General Elections since 1896, it has only twice (in 1944 and 1960) failed to vote for the winning candidate, meaning that it has backed the winner unerringly over the past 56 years! Furthermore, no Republican has ever won the Presidency without winning Ohio. Against such a background, it is interesting to note that despite the betting markets having Trump as the clear favourite to win this state with Betfair Exchange showing net odds of 1.40, Biden, shown in the most recent polls as having a clear lead, has to be the value bet at 3.09 not only to land the state but to continue its startling record of correctly backing the winner over a consecutive period of 60 years.
    As ever, DYOR.

In 1944 the Republican VP nominee on the ticket with Tom Dewey, was Ohio Governor John Bricker; GOP took the Buckeye State by margin of +11,530 votes out of 1.6m cast.

In 1960 the Republican ticket of Nixon-Lodge (neither Ohioans) won the state by margin of +273k so not even close that year.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Isle of Dogs?
    Thanet. Ely.
    Fans of The Phantom Tollbooth will be familiar with the Island of Conclusions. There is no bridge, ferry or tunnel from the mainland. You can only get there by jumping.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,943

FPT:

***** BETTING POST *****

Ohio simply has to be the ultimate bellwether state, evidenced by the fact that in the 31 General Elections since 1896, it has only twice (in 1944 and 1960) failed to vote for the winning candidate, meaning that it has backed the winner unerringly over the past 56 years! Furthermore, no Republican has ever won the Presidency without winning Ohio. Against such a background, it is interesting to note that despite the betting markets having Trump as the clear favourite to win this state with Betfair Exchange at current net odds of 1.40, Biden, shown in the most recent polls as having a clear lead, has to be the value bet at 3.09 not only to land the state but to continue its startling record of correctly backing the winner over a consecutive period of 60 years.
    As ever, DYOR.

As if by magic, Ohio has now turned back to blue in the 538 snake.

Nate's obviously reasing your posts @peter_from_putney!
  • Options

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Isle of Dogs?
    My favorite part of London! At least to glide over on way to the Greenwich foot tunnel.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Isle of Dogs?
    Thanet. Ely.
    Avery Island, Louisiana (home of McIlhenny Tabasco Co.) is in same league.

It's called an island because (like Isle of Ely) it was bit of higher, dryer land in the middle of a swamp (or marsh if you prefer). Reason for Avery Island's existence is that it is the top of a salt dome.
  • Options
    @peter_from_putney - re Ohio

Excellent spot, PfP. I suspect Trump will just hold it but it's no 2/1 chance. I'm on.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Mal557 said:

I think if I'm correct this is RMG , Scott Rasmussens new polling company which im pretty sure is rated B? and not R biased by 538 as Rasmussen polling (where Scott was before0 is,, though HYUFD may be able to confirm this? So it may well be this poll is a bit more balanced than the 'other' Rasmussen in regards leaning R

The Siena Poll for the NYT had Trump 47-43 so quite a bit of Undecided while the Umass/Lovell poll has 48-47 which in turn is a small move to Biden from the last month.

I'd still favour Trump to win by 2-4 points but it is tightening and IF this is a blowout Biden win nationally (double digits lead), it's hard not to think Texas would be gained by the Democrats in both the Presidential and Senate elections.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,841

FPT:

***** BETTING POST *****

As ever, DYOR.

Good tip, Peter, I've put a few quid on.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    What's the reason? I thought the Trumpets were flocking to these rallies.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,556

I was wondering why Rachel Riley was trending on Twitter earlier. Having a look at the related tweets soon explained why. Yikes!
  • Options
    MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Another thread in which Mike nails it
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595

FPT:

***** BETTING POST *****

As ever, DYOR.

All bellwethers crack eventually, we hear little about Missouri these days as it has now become reliably Republican.

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,326
    One of the minor characters of 2016 has a view on Jeremy Corbyn:

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/1321897520096825344
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,841
    It must have a charm to a lot of people but I've always found Doctor Who juvenile and embarrassing with poor production and acting quality.

Maybe it used to be kinda cool in a naff British seaside resort kind of way, but if it ever was turning up the Wokeness to 11 has put paid to that too.
  • Options
    Peter from Putney I think Ossoff to win Georgia is a better bet although there are several crackers still available. Ossoff is still 2/1 with Betfair and leading in ALL the recent polls with clear momentum.

I've actually avoided Ohio because I can't call it.

Florida is virtually in the bag for Biden.
  • Options

One of the minor characters of 2016 has a view on Jeremy Corbyn:

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/1321897520096825344

I always thought the Intercept was Glenn.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    There goes COVID.....to all parts of France.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    What's the reason? I thought the Trumpets were flocking to these rallies.
    4000 people suddenly realised there really IS a pandemic?
  • Options

That episode of Dr Who where the home secretary is in fact a merciless, short arsed golem from Alpha Centauri.

Is that the worst ever production of Riverdance, or a teensy little spring of goose step in her walk?
  • Options
    LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221
    HYUFD said:
    The lights are going out all over Europe. We shall not see them lit again in our lifetime
  • Options
    LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221
    Foxy said:

Is that the worst ever production of Riverdance, or a teensy little spring of goose step in her walk?
    Goddamit tho, I still slightly fancy her. She has that feisty but ultimately submissive quality.

I think in kinky circles she would be termed “a brat”
  • Options

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

NOTE that there IS in fact a Rhode Island in the State of Rhode Island AND Providence Plantations!

So, sir or madam or who knows (as the case may be) please withdraw your aspersions upon the good folk of the Ocean State!! Or risk meeting the ghost of Roger Williams on some dark and stormy night!!!

OR even worse, some gnarled old Sicilian lady from Pawtucket will mutter an ancient curse AND give you her evil eye!!!!
    No sir, there is not, or at least not an island you can point to or stand on and say "this is the original Rhode Island". Aquidneck Island, the island where Newport is located, was certainly called that after settlement began, but it is by no means certain that it is the original island with that epithet. It's not even certain who coined the name, let alone which island was meant. It was either Verrazzano in 1524 who saw an island he felt looked like Rhodes in the Mediterranean, or Block in 1614 who passed a "reddish island" (Dutch Rood eiland) but any Rhode Island native like my wife will tell you that it's only likely to have been Aquidneck. It could have been Block Island, or even (whisper it) Long Island itself.

BTW, any PBers who can find a bookie stupid enough to offer odds that Rhode Islanders will vote on Tuesday to remove the "and Providence Plantations" part of the state's name should take that bet. The only real question is by how high a margin it will be defeated (at least 70/30 my wife reckons). RI does not do "woke". For instance it's the only state that still commemorates VJ-Day as a state holiday.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,048
    dodrade said:

FPT:

***** BETTING POST *****

As ever, DYOR.

All bellwethers crack eventually, we hear little about Missouri these days as it has now become reliably Republican.

Colorado has gone the other way
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    LadyG said:

HYUFD said:
    The lights are going out all over Europe. We shall not see them lit again in our lifetime
    That's a wild exaggeration my friend.

This will pass in two or three years without a vaccine or a matter of months if we do have one.

We just have to dig deep for a little while.
  • Options

Peter from Putney I think Ossoff to win Georgia is a better bet although there are several crackers still available. Ossoff is still 2/1 with Betfair and leading in ALL the recent polls with clear momentum.

Wish I shared your confidence on FL, I'm not at all sure its going blue. In fact I feel there's more likelihood of GA flipping than FL, not that I'm more than 50/50 on that either,,,
  • Options

kle4 said:

I totally get what they mean about no evidence of antisemitism. (must surely be a spoof though, it's too good). Edit: As I thought.

It is a spoof. She is very good.

She coined Quilty's Law, which states that the longer you argue online with an Antisemite, the greater the probability they will claim to have Jewish ancestry.
    Do Adam and eve count as Jewish? :)
  • Options

There goes COVID.....to all parts of France.

It does look like Paris is the current hotspot.

https://dashboard.covid19.data.gouv.fr/vue-d-ensemble?location=FRA
  • Options
  • Options
    rpjs said:

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

No sir, there is not, or at least not an island you can point to or stand on and say "this is the original Rhode Island". Aquidneck Island, the island where Newport is located, was certainly called that after settlement began, but it is by no means certain that it is the original island with that epithet. It's not even certain who coined the name, let alone which island was meant. It was either Verrazzano in 1524 who saw an island he felt looked like Rhodes in the Mediterranean, or Block in 1614 who passed a "reddish island" (Dutch Rood eiland) but any Rhode Island native like my wife will tell you that it's only likely to have been Aquidneck. It could have been Block Island, or even (whisper it) Long Island itself.

BTW, any PBers who can find a bookie stupid enough to offer odds that Rhode Islanders will vote on Tuesday to remove the "and Providence Plantations" part of the state's name should take that bet. The only real question is by how high a margin it will be defeated (at least 70/30 my wife reckons). RI does not do "woke". For instance it's the only state that still commemorates VJ-Day as a state holiday.
    We visited Rhode Island last year in the autumn and was charmed by it
  • Options
    Lol! 4% of Tories think it was the wrong decision.

I'd have thought it would be a lot more than that. :wink:
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

Wish I shared your confidence on FL, I'm not at all sure its going blue. In fact I feel there's more likelihood of GA flipping than FL, not that I'm more than 50/50 on that either,,,
    I'm very confident on Florida. I've been looking at a lot of material on what is going on there and I'm very satisfied with latest polling.
  • Options
    It's more shocking that Walmart stocks guns and ammunition in the first place.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1321924032426582027
  • Options
    Continuing my trends in new cases from yesterday:

France
    291020 47,637
    221020 41,622
    151020 30,621
    081020 18,129

Germany
    291020 18,492
    221020 12,519
    151020 7,074
    081020 4,401

Italy
    291020 26,831
    221020 16,079
    151020 8,803
    081020 4,458

Poland
    291020 20,156
    221020 12,107
    151020 8,099
    081020 4,280

Spain
    291020 23,580
    221020 16,965
    151020 15,441
    081020 12,161

UK
    291020 23,065
    221020 21,243
    151020 18,965
    081020 17,540

Data from worldometer.
  • Options
    But I still think Jon Ossoff to win Georgia Senate at 2/1 when he's leading in all the recent polls with real momentum and a fading opponent is a stonking value bet.
  • Options

Lol! 4% of Tories think it was the wrong decision.

I'd have thought it would be a lot more than that. :wink:
    To be honest I am just relieved and hope the rest follow

It became obvious in Starmer's press conference this morning his holding position could not last

The right thing to do and compliments to Starmer for doing it

• Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Well he better get used to it - Biden's going to rain on his parade next week.
  • Options
    Apparently today's terrorist in France is Tunisian and arrived by boat in Greece last mont:

https://news.sky.com/story/nice-knife-attack-one-of-the-three-victims-named-as-vincent-loques-12117957
  • Options

rpjs said:

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Ah, those heady days of travel, eh?

When will they return, I wonder?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,339
    edited October 2020
    The history books will look back on the decision by European leaders to encourage a summer season as normal as just unfathomable, after we know wave one was started by exactly the same route albeit ski resorts.

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1321917528604639233?s=20
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,610

It's more shocking that Walmart stocks guns and ammunition in the first place.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1321924032426582027

Your occasional reminder that democracy is a precious and fragile thing.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I am truly astonished that pollsters are producing state polls that don't ask if you have already voted. It makes interpreting the numbers little more than guess work.

I was expecting the polls to get provably more and more accurate but without knowing who in the sample has voted early it makes it more and more confusing.
  • Options

rpjs said:

rpjs said:

FPT

"the Uniondivvie"

Ah, those heady days of travel, eh?

When will they return, I wonder?
    I hope for you soon, but last years transatlantic voyage was our last cruise and it was fabulous

We had already decided not to fly anymore and we have been to most no fly cruise destinations ex UK, as well as many worldwide, so we are just grateful to have been able to do it all before covid changed the dynamic so comprehensively
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,556
    edited October 2020
    Some quite different rates of growth even where the numbers are in the same ballpark.

Continuing my trends in new cases from yesterday:

France
    291020 47,637
    221020 41,622
    151020 30,621
    081020 18,129
    2.6 x

Germany
    291020 18,492
    221020 12,519
    151020 7,074
    081020 4,401