Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Just two days before the first WH2020 TV debate the Economist forecasts a big Biden election victory

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited September 2020 in General
Just two days before the first WH2020 TV debate the Economist forecasts a big Biden election victory – politicalbetting.com

WH2020: The latest Economist forecast of Electoral Collage Voteshttps://t.co/BG6WrnLrxf pic.twitter.com/f5GLyZMgJE

Read the full story here

Comments

• tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    First like Leicester (until Liverpool go above the tomorrow night).
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    tlg86 said:

First like Leicester (until Liverpool go above the tomorrow night).

You could get a good price for that!
  • alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    What's going on with the frames on the main website?
  • 85% for Biden feels a mite high
  • LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221
    Report from the Hospitality Frontline, the West End, last night

Central London was rammed. By far the busiest I've seen it for many months. And it wasn't just Soho - Marylebone, Fitzrovia, Mayfair. Etc. Streets properly thronged at 9pm. Like an average cool Autumn evening last year, as if corona did not exist.

Of course everyone had to pile home at 10pm - or go drink supermarket wine on streetcorners - but I felt a tinge of positivity. Maybe life will out.

• alex_ said:

It works just fine for me

• nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    LadyG said:

Central London was rammed. By far the busiest I've seen it for many months. And it wasn't just Soho - Marylebone, Fitzrovia, Mayfair. Etc. Streets properly thronged at 9pm. Like an average cool Autumn evening last year, as if corona did not exist.

Of course everyone had to pile home at 10pm - or go drink supermarket wine on streetcorners - but I felt a tinge of positivity. Maybe life will out.

Of course they were all two meters apart or wearing masks, not having physical contact with each other or planning to go and see grandma for Sunday lunch. So no problem
  • LadyG said:

London lockdown incoming...
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

LadyG said:

One of the most facepalming things I've heard on the radio in the last few weeks was a bunch of people agreeing with the new restrictions imposed on pubs, whilst they were speaking from a pub.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I was assured that the 10pm closing had killed London.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,279

alex_ said:

It works just fine for me

Seems ok to me. Only issue I have is that for some bizarre reason I have to scroll up and down several times after refreshing the page before any comments appear. Otherwise fine.

Good work from the the team (person?) that supports this - no doubt on a shoestring.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Alistair said:

It has, except for off licences.
    MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Don’t they have to close at 10?
    nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

No. Shops can stay open as long as they like.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,620

Latest news from the halls of residence:

The Civil Engineering students are digging a tunnel, the Aeronautical Engineering students are building a glider and the PE students have set up a vaulting horse in the quad.

The American Studies students will claim all of the credit.

The police will need to put some extra chains on their motorbikes then.

I thought the American would be setting up a still?
    edited September 2020
    glw said:

LadyG said:

One of the most facepalming things I've heard on the radio in the last few weeks was a bunch of people agreeing with the new restrictions imposed on pubs, whilst they were speaking from a pub.
    One of the most facepaming things I've heard is the PM lamenting that "...while the vast majority have complied with the rules there have been too many breaches".

Dominic says Hi.
    MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Which is surely a stupid miss by HMG.

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

No, the stupidity is the 10pm closing time. It's making me want to leave the country. I'm seriously thinking about it right now, my wife is also in the same boat. We're building a society that is happy to snitch on their fellow neighbour and cheer as thousands of businesses go to the wall and a million people are sent to the dole queue. For the first time I'm genuinely worried about the direction of the nation, what have people turned into?
  • MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

No, the stupidity is the 10pm closing time. It's making me want to leave the country. I'm seriously thinking about it right now, my wife is also in the same boat. We're building a society that is happy to snitch on their fellow neighbour and cheer as thousands of businesses go to the wall and a million people are sent to the dole queue. For the first time I'm genuinely worried about the direction of the nation, what have people turned into?
    Where would you go? Where's better?
  • Latest news from the halls of residence:

The Civil Engineering students are digging a tunnel, the Aeronautical Engineering students are building a glider and the PE students have set up a vaulting horse in the quad.

And presumably the philosophy students are contemplating what to do.

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Probably Switzerland (my wife is Swiss), maybe Ticino or Lugano. Despite having a law for absolutely everything Switzerland feels like a free society, the UK doesn't any more. It hasn't for a couple of decades and now we're seeing the results as people relish the idea of snitching and applaud restrictions on how we can live.
  • LadyG said:

This is not a good thing, it suggests that the curfew has had the opposite impact.

We want people staying at home, not out boozing and spreading the virus around.

HMG have made a big misstep with this policy
    Scott_xP said:
    One long term outcome of Covid for the UK medical system is UK doctors taking Chronic Fatigue seriously.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,751
    edited September 2020
    Scott_xP said:
    Phillip II of Spain had a plan as well.
    https://youtu.be/SXtbrRyN9cI
  • On topic, after a wobble a couple of days ago I'm now back to thinking Biden will comfortably win.

I expect there to be a huge overreaction to this. I just hope the Democrats learn the right lessons from it and don't fall into a trap of confirmation bias.

If they're like the Bourbons - having learnt nothing and forgotten nothing - someone very much like Trump, or worse, will be back in the near future.
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

There are better approaches to this, I’ve maintained that the existing regs should have been policed better and that letting the pubs and restaurants remain open longer would actually be more effective providing people follow the guidelines whilst in them. I doubt many people have a clue what rules apply to them as it chops and changes on what looks like a daily basis. I’m quite relieved I live in Spain where I know our local rules which haven’t changed for six weeks and very few seek to work around them because they are not draconian and our Valencia rate was still falling last time I looked at 100/100,000 which in the UK would have you under house arrest.

Daft comment.

They’ll be contemplating why humans have an irresistible urge to escape when feeling trapped.

The business students of course will be working out how to charge consultancy fees.

The geography students will be drawing maps so everyone can get completely lost while tunnelling.

And the History students, being smarter, never turned up at all so are sat at home wondering what the f*** all the fuss is about.
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

I don't want to emigrate permanently, I love London and my country, my friends and fam. BUT if it weren't for family ties I would definitely rent out my flat, and go live somewhere sunny and cheap for a year or two, if it were feasible

LadyG said:

This is not a good thing, it suggests that the curfew has had the opposite impact.

That implies there are policies they haven’t made big missteps with.

Could you name three?
  • MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Probably Switzerland (my wife is Swiss), maybe Ticino or Lugano. Despite having a law for absolutely everything Switzerland feels like a free society, the UK doesn't any more. It hasn't for a couple of decades and now we're seeing the results as people relish the idea of snitching and applaud restrictions on how we can live.
    Switzerland is boring though and there are too many rules.

Canada? Probably the most politically correct place I've ever been.

Australia? Full of Aussies. Not much culture and too far. Plus it's on fire.

New Zealand? No-one lives there. Too far. Boring. No eye candy. Sheep.

USA? Two warring sides. Extreme culture wars. Possible civil conflict one day. Guns. Serious social problems.

So, whenever I think about this, I'm back to the UK in 5 minutes.

At the end of the day this is my home. Whenever I'm gone I miss it terribly and love getting back here.
    LadyG said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

I don't want to emigrate permanently, I love London and my country, my friends and fam. BUT if it weren't for family ties I would definitely rent out my flat, and go live somewhere sunny and cheap for a year or two, if it were feasible
    Was that the logic of Penarth?
    One of the reasons I'm very worried is that once we've built a society that is happy to snitch on their fellow man and woman, it will be impossible to turn back the clock. Daily Mail reading busybodies will become the norm rather than the exception. What a person does in the privacy of their home will no longer be private.

On topic, after a wobble a couple of days ago I'm now back to thinking Biden will comfortably win.

I expect there to be a huge overreaction to this. I just hope the Democrats learn the right lessons from it and don't fall into a trap of confirmation bias.

If they're like the Bourbons - having learnt nothing and forgotten nothing - someone very much like Trump, or worse, will be back in the near future.

Tom Cotton. Get your money on him now.

Disclaimer: I was saying this about Sherrod Brown for the Dems in 2016
    Watching Phantom on Sky Arts but it doesn’t seem to work on TV

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Switzerland is boring though and there are too many rules.

Canada? Probably the most politically correct place I've ever been.

Australia? Full of Aussies. Not much culture and too far. Plus it's on fire.

New Zealand? No-one lives there. Too far. Boring. No eye candy. Sheep.

USA? Two warring sides. Extreme culture wars. Possible civil conflict one day. Guns. Serious social problems.

So, whenever I think about this, I'm back to the UK in 5 minutes.

At the end of the day this is my home. Whenever I'm gone I miss it terribly and love getting back here.
    There are a lot of rules but ultimately it's personal choice to stick to them or not and tbh, it's not that onerous because none of them are stupid. It's also about education and schools, I'm not the only one worried about this either but I think it's a conversation better had over email or private message.
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Italian speaking Switzerland is absolutely gorgeous. Almost perfect. Great landscape, great climate, great wine and food. And they are so multilingual everyone resorts to English, which helps

Problem is: it's also hideously expensive. If you're on a Swiss wage fair enough, if you're not you need to be a multi-millionaire to have a nice life
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

I genuinely find it really hard to understand why you would believe the UK doesn't feel like a free society any more. What has changed in the past two decades to make you think that?

In terms of freedom, I can only think of things that have improved on the free society front (e.g. gay marriage).
    nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

There are better approaches to this, I’ve maintained that the existing regs should have been policed better and that letting the pubs and restaurants remain open longer would actually be more effective providing people follow the guidelines whilst in them. I doubt many people have a clue what rules apply to them as it chops and changes on what looks like a daily basis. I’m quite relieved I live in Spain where I know our local rules which haven’t changed for six weeks and very few seek to work around them because they are not draconian and our Valencia rate was still falling last time I looked at 100/100,000 which in the UK would have you under house arrest.
    We'd be under house arrest and everyone would be cheering about it asking for more lockdown. The UK is broken. Our society is breaking down and the state is making it happen.
    ydoethur said:

LadyG said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Was that the logic of Penarth?

I think he said somewhere 'sunny' as well as cheap :wink: .
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited September 2020
    MaxPB said:

One of the reasons I'm very worried is that once we've built a society that is happy to snitch on their fellow man and woman, it will be impossible to turn back the clock. Daily Mail reading busybodies will become the norm rather than the exception. What a person does in the privacy of their home will no longer be private.

Even before covid we were going a bit that way. Anything happens and immediately people film it / take a photo and upload it to the social media

Now for serious crimes / misbehaving by those in positions of power that seems ok, but we all see clips of people being a bit of a dick, minor indiscretions or accusing somebody of doing things with no proof.

And then the social media mob become judge, jury and executioner.
    LadyG said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Italian speaking Switzerland is absolutely gorgeous. Almost perfect. Great landscape, great climate, great wine and food. And they are so multilingual everyone resorts to English, which helps

Problem is: it's also hideously expensive. If you're on a Swiss wage fair enough, if you're not you need to be a multi-millionaire to have a nice life
    My wife is Swiss and I'm an investment manager...
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,065

The Post modernists are constructing a new reality.
    ydoethur said:

LadyG said:

Could you name three?
    1. Investing in vaccine research.
    2. Increasing our contribution to the WHO, and
    3... er, struggling now.

Still credit where it's due with the first two. Shame about the dozens of mistakes though.

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

I genuinely find it really hard to understand why you would believe the UK doesn't feel like a free society any more. What has changed in the past two decades to make you think that?

In terms of freedom, I can only think of things that have improved on the free society front (e.g. gay marriage).
    Everything we do is monitored by the state, we're being asked to snitch on each other, we have an effective curfew in place despite there being no evidence it is necessary. State intrusion into people's lives has become overbearing IMO, and I can understand it in the current context but I don't believe that the government (of any party) will give up this power and the people seem so mollified that they wouldn't want the government to give up this power.
    MaxPB said:

LadyG said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Then go for it. I wish I could join you in Lugano. Gorgeous place
    edited September 2020
    The emphasis on grass up your neighbour over rule of 6 seemed very unBritish. Rather than appealing to our better nature not to kill granny, it was all about big fines and dobbing Bob over the way if they have 7 people in their front room.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,165
    @MaxPB - move to Surrey, Sussex or Hampshire. You'll never see a police officer and we don't talk to our neighbours or care what they are doing.
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Everything we do is monitored by the state, we're being asked to snitch on each other, we have an effective curfew in place despite there being no evidence it is necessary. State intrusion into people's lives has become overbearing IMO, and I can understand it in the current context but I don't believe that the government (of any party) will give up this power and the people seem so mollified that they wouldn't want the government to give up this power.
    I respect your view but I can honestly say I feel there is very little intrusion into my life by the state, beyond the stuff that has existed all my life (e.g. they insist on knowing my income, I have to get permission to build on my property, etc. - things that I accept for the greater good).

You don't think you might be being a little bit paranoid do you?
    tlg86 said:

@MaxPB - move to Surrey, Sussex or Hampshire. You'll never see a police officer and we don't talk to our neighbours or care what they are doing.

Ditto Dorset
  • MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

There is certainly a danger these new powers will be used every winter to suppress flu even if we sort out covid (which in any case I suspect those scientists who say it is with us, in some form, for generations now are right)

The emphasis on grass up your neighbour over rule of 6 seemed very unBritish. Rather than appealing to our better nature not to kill granny, it was all about big fines and dobbing Bob over the way if they have 7 people in their front room.

Yes, that and the curfew just feel wrong. Seriously wrong.
  • LadyG said:

Lots of folks I know here in London simply assume we're about to walloped. A packed West End could be people rushing around to do stuff they won't be able to do for months.

I've got my own bucket list - go to a whole bunch of movies, as well as visit the National Gallery. Boring as anything but there it is.
    tlg86 said:

A friend in the sticks told me the following story - the police weren't interested in a spate of garden shed/farm building robberies.

So the local hedge funding owning guy hired some rent-a-cops to patrol the village. The police then devoted considerable time and effort to harassing the rent-a-cops, claiming that they were pretending to be real policemen.

Apparently, the police finally showed up at hedge fund guys house and stated that the rent-a-cop thing was not on, and they would not stop detaining them etc. So his plan wasn't going to work and he might as well stop.... His response was "Got you down the village, hasn't it?".....
    MaxPB said:

Yes, that and the curfew just feel wrong. Seriously wrong.
    Yeah, but better than shutting things down entirely.

ydoethur said:

LadyG said:

Could you name three?
    3... er, struggling now.

Still credit where it's due with the first two. Shame about the dozens of mistakes though.
    Apparently we have too much PPE now. Or something.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,574
    MaxPB said:

Is there any evidence (other than HYUFD’s posts) that we’ve built, or even are on the way to building a society that’s happy to snitch ?
    Oh, and making Dacre head of OFCOM.
  • MaxPB said:

So would you prefer that the public do not report lawbreaking?

ydoethur said:

LadyG said:

Could you name three?
    3... er, struggling now.

Apparently we have too much PPE now. Or something.
    In the cabinet ?
    Nigelb said:

MaxPB said:

Is there any evidence (other than HYUFD’s posts) that we’ve built, or even are on the way to building a society that’s happy to snitch ?
    He must be away for the weekend, maybe Gibraltar?
  • ydoethur said:

LadyG said:

Could you name three?
    Whenever I make a comment like that I get told to calm down.

You know me by now, work it out
    edited September 2020
    So they don't intend to meet any voters then.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,836
    I'd like to see some figures on grassing before I make any judgement on the state of our society.
    Also on how many fines handed out.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,083
    edited September 2020
    LadyG said:

MaxPB said:

LadyG said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

nichomar said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Then go for it. I wish I could join you in Lugano. Gorgeous place
    I was going to stop over near there tomorrow, but am now driving straight through to southern Germany, just across the border from Basel.
    Nigelb said:

MaxPB said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rule-of-six-snitches-swamp-police-coronavirus-line-0t0b926nn

And countless other reports.
    Frank Luntz, the man who popularised "Death Panels" and other weaponised lies is worried about American Democracy. Bless.

Next you'll be telling David "Axis of Evil" Frum is worried that Trump may destabilise international relationships.

So they don't intent to meet any voters then.
    Don’t they make speeches off the back of the Train to small audiences at rail halts?
  • tlg86 said:

A friend in the sticks told me the following story - the police weren't interested in a spate of garden shed/farm building robberies.

So the local hedge funding owning guy hired some rent-a-cops to patrol the village. The police then devoted considerable time and effort to harassing the rent-a-cops, claiming that they were pretending to be real policemen.

Apparently, the police finally showed up at hedge fund guys house and stated that the rent-a-cop thing was not on, and they would not stop detaining them etc. So his plan wasn't going to work and he might as well stop.... His response was "Got you down the village, hasn't it?".....
    Sigh. Makes me nostalgic for the days when we used to get Reggie and Ronnie to sort out our little local difficulties. They were good value for money too. Bet we paid much less than your hedgefunder.
    Bit rich from the guy who’s made an entire career of churning out euphemisms for extreme policies... but I guess there’s more joy in heaven over one last sinner who repents, etc.

Joe is going for the train buff vote.

Though isn't speaking from a train on a political tour the very definition of a whistle-stop tour?
    My Dems Ohio bet is now in profit so very much so. Polling has been good for Biden there and the troubles the local GOP find themselves in are enourmas.

MaxPB said:

Unless it's a serious crime and it's something specifically witnessed, no I don't. It's also not lawbreaking, it's reporting of what people think is lawbreaking. It's like people reporting their neighbours to the Gestapo, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Once everyone gets used to it we won't be able to turn back the clock.
    Wish folk would stop calling it a curfew. It is shutting the pubs at 10.
    A curfew is when you aren't allowed out. Usually enforced by armed patrols.
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

Unless it's a serious crime and it's something specifically witnessed, no I don't. It's also not lawbreaking, it's reporting of what people think is lawbreaking. It's like people reporting their neighbours to the Gestapo, it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

In just about every country, the police are bombarded data and night with bogus and not so bogus tips.

The Gestapo thing was just the same thing pushed into the political arena.

This is why the police know who did what crime, 99% of the time. Someone told them.

I learnt this by talking to police in various countries.
    Betting Tip: North Carolina looks too long for Biden.

Trump has had one lead in the last 8 polls. The Dem momentum in the early.voting is maintained.

It should be a straight 50/50 at worst for Biden but you can get him @2.2 which seems a great price to me.
    dixiedean said:

Not being able to visit other peoples houses is not lockdown either.
    Foxy said:

Joe is going for the train buff vote.

Though isn't speaking from a train on a political tour the very definition of a whistle-stop tour?
    Are there actually any whistle-stops these days?

Paging @Sunil_Prasannan
  • Justin Riemer, chief counsel at Republican National Committee, one of the leaders of the effort: “We will spend whatever it takes to make sure the election is conducted orderly and that we push back on the Democrats’ litigation to strike down various safeguards on the election process.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/27/trump-legal-network-election-day-fight-422035

tlg86 said:

Sigh. Makes me nostalgic for the days when we used to get Reggie and Ronnie to sort out our little local difficulties. They were good value for money too. Bet we paid much less than your hedgefunder.
    Apparently all they were doing was security guarding - driving round in their little car with vaguely police like paint scheme. It's not like he'd hired mercenaries or something.

But it winds the police up....
  • Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,225
    edited September 2020
    Alistair said:

My Dems Ohio bet is now in profit so very much so. Polling has been good for Biden there and the troubles the local GOP find themselves in are enourmas.
    Last few days I have the impression the contest is now beyond Trump. The polling evidence is almost overwhelming and the anecdotal and more intuitive elements are gathering strength.

Anthony Scaramucci is the latest to start calling the last rites for the Trump campaign. The hurried Supreme Court nomination screams out that the administration knows its days are numbered. And here in PB Land, Hyufd is suddenly conspicuous by his absence.

It's over.

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

In just about every country, the police are bombarded data and night with bogus and not so bogus tips.

This is why the police know who did what crime, 99% of the time. Someone told them.

A ridiculous amount of police reports are people complaining about what other people have said about them on Social Media.

MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

I have no issue with witnesses coming forwards if a crime has been committed. What I don't think is right is people voluntary snitching on their fellow man because they think a crime is happening. Unless someone's life is clearly in jeopardy such as abuse there is basically no reason for getting involved in another person's private business.
    Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

Indeed. We never had lockdown.
    My friend was trapped in Cyprus. They had to send a text to the Police to leave the house, with a reason, once a day. And wait up to an hour for permission. And be given a set route and time.
    That was a lockdown.
  • Alistair said:

So Ohio goes, so goes the nation.
  • tlg86 said:

Apparently all they were doing was security guarding - driving round in their little car with vaguely police like paint scheme. It's not like he'd hired mercenaries or something.

But it winds the police up....
    The protection racket just isn't what it used to be. Now when I were a lad......
    dixiedean said:

Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

My friend was trapped in Cyprus. They had to send a text to the Police to leave the house, with a reason, once a day. And wait up to an hour for permission. And be given a set route and time.
    That was a lockdown.
    Yes, that is what my Greek friends had in Thessalonika too.
  • Alistair said:

Last few days I have the impression the contest is now beyond Trump. The polling evidence is almost overwhelming and the anecdotal and more intuitive elements are gathering strength.

Anthony Scaramucci is the latest to start calling the last rites for the Trump campaign. The hurried Supreme Court nomination screams out that the administration knows its days are numbered. And here in PB Land, Hyufd is suddenly conspicuous by his absence.

It's over.
    Apart from all the GOP lawyers working to stop the counting of votes.
  • dixiedean said:

It's only half an hour earlier than closing time when I was young. No big deal.
    edited September 2020
    dixiedean said:

Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

That was a lockdown.
    When we finally got to "lockdown", despite all the screeching about what if i am a freelance journalist will the rozzers hard stop my motor or what about my marathon training, i think the rules were pretty fair e.g alllowed out to exercise. As you say lots of places it was stay in your home, period, end of, except for food / medicine.
  • Alistair said:

Betting Tip: North Carolina looks too long for Biden.

Trump has had one lead in the last 8 polls. The Dem momentum in the early.voting is maintained.

It should be a straight 50/50 at worst for Biden but you can get him @2.2 which seems a great price to me.

Correct, although personally I won't bother. If he takes S Carolina Biden wins big and I clean up on the spreads (which incidentally have moved significantly towards Biden since the value vis-a-vis Betfair was highlighted here.)
This discussion has been closed.