Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Rishi Sunak has highest satisfaction ratings for a Chancellor since Healey in 1978 – politicalbettin

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited September 2020 in General
Rishi Sunak has highest satisfaction ratings for a Chancellor since Healey in 1978 – politicalbetting.com

Rishi Sunak pic.twitter.com/ATgjgChO7M

Read the full story here

Comments

• MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583
    Best that he enjoys the adulation whilst he still can.
  • Best that he enjoys the adulation whilst he still can.

Everyone likes a spender ;)
  • Curse of the thread:

The ONS Infection Survey uses random sampling to overcome the problem of selection bias. While these data suggest that somewhere between 4,200 and 8,300 people per day are getting the infection, it tells you nothing about the infectious status of the individuals , and the small sample number of cases in the survey (over the latest six-week period 136 people from 118 households tested positive out of 208,730 tests). This gives rise to small sample bias that can lead to chance findings.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-rule-of-four-how-to-make-sense-of-covid-case-numbers?utm_medium=email&utm_source=CampaignMonitor_Editorial&utm_campaign=BLND 20200925 Charles Stanley JO+CID_37cc20f8d49b7bef21d26309936a80eb
  • rpjsrpjs Posts: 3,787
    FPT:

eek said:

You know that truck park in Kent well

https://twitter.com/cstross/status/1309572035836874757

I am increasingly of the view that the transition period will be extended. We are over a barrel and we know it.
    An extension request now will require the consent of the EC, the EP, the EU27 member states and I think those regional parliaments that are accorded a veto by their member states like Walloonia.

If Spain is ever going to seriously push to get Gibraltar back for real, that will be the time.
  • I strongly suspect Michael Crick is right, and, like most PMs, Johnson will last a lot longer than seems likely at the moment.

Unfortunately.
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Of course, Healey's party went down to defeat thirteen months after that poll. He spent the remainder of his career in the Commons on the Opposition benches.
  • I would love Johnson to last until the next GE
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535
    Even Fred West would have been popular with the public if he'd had the foresight to give away tens of billions of pounds before murdering all those people.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,839
    Why was Healey so popular ?
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,591

Curse of the thread:

The ONS Infection Survey uses random sampling to overcome the problem of selection bias. While these data suggest that somewhere between 4,200 and 8,300 people per day are getting the infection, it tells you nothing about the infectious status of the individuals , and the small sample number of cases in the survey (over the latest six-week period 136 people from 118 households tested positive out of 208,730 tests). This gives rise to small sample bias that can lead to chance findings.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-rule-of-four-how-to-make-sense-of-covid-case-numbers?utm_medium=email&utm_source=CampaignMonitor_Editorial&utm_campaign=BLND 20200925 Charles Stanley JO+CID_37cc20f8d49b7bef21d26309936a80eb

Essentially - we don't like the polling answer. Polls are rubbish because they only have really small samples. Therefore....
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    edited September 2020
    Spain has the highest percentage of people living in flats in Europe, almost two-thirds. Maybe this explains why they're having a problem with Covid-19, because people are less likely to want to spend most of their time in a flat compared to a house.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/503282/share-of-population-living-in-flats-europe-eu/
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    London (CNN Business) The coronavirus pandemic is slamming the vast property empire that provides Queen Elizabeth II with a significant chunk of her income. British taxpayers could be making up the shortfall for years to come.

Sir Michael Stevens, the Queen's treasurer, confirmed in a statement on Friday that the size of the Sovereign Grant, one of the royal family's major sources of income, won't be affected by an expected slump in profits from the Crown Estate's investments.
  • LadyGLadyG Posts: 2,221
    150 new deaths in France, today, 115 in Spain.

It's a lagging indicator, but maybe deaths are beginning to show in the Euro 2nd wave
  • nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

I am increasingly of the view that the transition period will be extended. We are over a barrel and we know it.
    An extension request now will require the consent of the EC, the EP, the EU27 member states and I think those regional parliaments that are accorded a veto by their member states like Walloonia.

If Spain is ever going to seriously push to get Gibraltar back for real, that will be the time.
    If they got it back then it would remove the governments distraction from domestic problems option. It’s not really in their interests to get it ‘back’ too many people benefit from the current arrangement both legally and illegally.
    Andy_JS said:

Spain has the highest percentage of people living in flats in Europe, almost two-thirds. Maybe this explains why they're having a problem with Covid-19, because people are less likely to want to spend most of their time in a flat compared to a house.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/503282/share-of-population-living-in-flats-europe-eu/

Also have the highest population density in Europe.
    nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

If they got it back then it would remove the governments distraction from domestic problems option. It’s not really in their interests to get it ‘back’ too many people benefit from the current arrangement both legally and illegally.
    Also it's never going to happen without the consent of the Gibraltarian people, in a vote, and the chances of that happening are, at the moment, adjacent to the figure zero.

Even if HMG was minded to hand it over, it could not, morally or practically
  • According to Fauci, 22% of people in New York have been infected, so a rule of thumb for what we'd need to go through to reach herd immunity is three times the death toll of New York, repeated everywhere.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,708
    Healey was of course a heavy hitter, like Sunak extremely bright and would certainly have been a far better Labour leader than Foot and a far tougher opponent for Thatcher had he won the 1980 Labour leadership contest he lost by just 3%
    nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Not to mention any attempt to get it back without the consent of the rock's people would in effect be a declaration of war which would require Boris to do a Thatcher and send a task force to southern Spain
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    IanB2 said:

London (CNN Business) The coronavirus pandemic is slamming the vast property empire that provides Queen Elizabeth II with a significant chunk of her income. British taxpayers could be making up the shortfall for years to come.

Sir Michael Stevens, the Queen's treasurer, confirmed in a statement on Friday that the size of the Sovereign Grant, one of the royal family's major sources of income, won't be affected by an expected slump in profits from the Crown Estate's investments.

I cringe every time I see the word "slamming" in a supposedly serious news article.
  • https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/1309556193292058628

I seem to recall posting on here weeks ago that Biden needs to have 'it's the economy stoopid' pinned to his HQ wall.
    Reference the dog-cat discussion midweek, PB cat fanciers come back when your cats can do this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/25/any-breed-could-do-it-dogs-might-be-covid-testers-best-friend
  • LadyG said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Also it's never going to happen without the consent of the Gibraltarian people, in a vote, and the chances of that happening are, at the moment, adjacent to the figure zero.

Even if HMG was minded to hand it over, it could not, morally or practically
    We know that HMG is not practical. Now, if it could only be immoral as well ....
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979
    LibDem conference just voted for a Universal Basic Income. Large majority in favour. A distinctive policy.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    Pulpstar said:

War hero. Very bright. Witty. Bags of personality (@isam Would love that). Played piano on Morecambe and Wise.
    edited September 2020

https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/1309556193292058628

I seem to recall posting on here weeks ago that Biden needs to have 'it's the economy stoopid' pinned to his HQ wall.

Which applying a bit of maths gives a Trump 48% to Biden 46%

Edit/ Although the Scotus segment probably splits, giving Biden a narrow lead
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Not to mention any attempt to get it back without the consent of the rock's people would in effect be a declaration of war which would require Boris to do a Thatcher and send a task force to southern Spain
    Whilst you are in fantasy land I’m afraid a task force would get absolutely nowhere, have you been to Gibraltar? The spanish could put thousands of armed personnel on the streets if it came to it. It won’t happen so rather silly to discuss it.
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Are you sure you can afford to leave Scotland unoccupied?
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,050
    IanB2 said:

Why? All of those issues have 2 sides.
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

The Royal Regiment of Scotland is already based in Edinburgh
    edited September 2020
    IanB2 said:

Didnt I read from memory Trump is only 2% ahead on crime and safety. So that splits too? As of course do they all to some degree.
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

No guarantee they stay loyal to the English crown.
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Whilst you are in fantasy land I’m afraid a task force would get absolutely nowhere, have you been to Gibraltar? The spanish could put thousands of armed personnel on the streets if it came to it. It won’t happen so rather silly to discuss it.
    So what, we would send the Queen Elizabeth to the Mediterrenean to launch bombing raids on Spanish positions, land the SAS and the parachute regiment onto the rock and they would in turn arm the local population for guerrilla war
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

It is the British crown and they have to take an oath of loyalty to it
  • Barnesian said:

LibDem conference just voted for a Universal Basic Income. Large majority in favour. A distinctive policy.

Cue John Rentoul.
  • HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

So what, we would send the Queen Elizabeth to the Mediterrenean to launch bombing raids on Spanish positions, land the SAS and the parachute regiment onto the rock and they would in turn arm the local population for guerrilla war
    Perhaps intern Michael Portillo while you're at it?
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

I think you need to have a lie-down.
  • Barnesian said:

Greens have had it as policy for years.

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

No Tory PM would survive failing to defeat a Spanish invasion of Gibraltar
  • Scott_xP said:
    Well that's a relief.

If Ambrose Evans-Pritchard thinks we're doomed, we can breathe a sigh of relief.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,702
    RIP Dennis Skinner if reports circulating locally are correct
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

The aircraft carrier would be blasted out of the water because it has no protection, bombing the spanish positions would kill many british immigrants and facing an army of many thousands of heavily armed personnel the SAS would be totally ineffective. But it’s fun to play keyboard warrior War games, it ain’t going to happen but if it did the UK would never get it back militarily.
    edited September 2020

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Preferably on his back. His tumescence will prevent him from lying face down.
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

It wouldn’t be and oaths are made to be broken.

Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Another side benefit
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

The aircraft carrier would be blasted out of the water because it has no protection, bombing the spanish positions would kill many british immigrants and facing an army of many thousands of heavily armed personnel the SAS would be totally ineffective. But it’s fun to play keyboard warrior War games, it ain’t going to happen but if it did the UK would never get it back militarily.
    Except, if we're going to play war games, the UK could nuke Barcelona and Seville, and threaten Madrid, and then it's game over
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

An oath they could break in a specific and limited way.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

How about an invasion from Kent
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979

Barnesian said:

Potential coalition policy!
    LadyG said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Except, if we're going to play war games, the UK could nuke Barcelona and Seville, and threaten Madrid, and then it's game over
    Yes, as it happens the USA have dropped more nukes on spanish soil than anywhere else in the world, the fortunately didn’t detonate but have caused significant contamination.
    edited September 2020
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

There would be destroyers, frigates etc supporting it Spain has 414 planes in its airforce, the RAF has 832 planes and of course they can also launch bombing raids from UK airbases on Spanish airfields, factories, railways etc which obviously would occur with RAF bombing of Spain until Spain withdrew from Gibraltar. Our submarines meanwhile would sink all Spanish naval ships to ensure ports could be captured on the Spanish mainland.

A full scale British invasion of southern Spain would also then have to be on the cards with troops landing at those ports if the Spanish did not withdraw from Gibraltar and the British army has 79,000 personnel to 75,000 for Spain.

The UK would of course get it back militarily no matter what the cost

• It will soon be easier to just list which regions aren't in lockdown.
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

There would be destroyers, frigates etc supporting it Spain has 414 planes in its airforce, the RAF has 832 planes and of course they can also launch bombing raids from UK airbases on Spanish airfields, factories, railways etc which obviously would occur with RAF bombing of Spain until Spain withdrew from Gibraltar. Our submarines meanwhile would sink all Spanish naval ships to ensure ports could be captured on the Spanish mainland.

A full scale invasion of southern Spain would also then have to be on the cards with troops landing at those ports if the Spanish did not withdraw from Gibraltar and the British army has 79,000 personnel to 75,000 for Spain.

This whole fantasy is laughable.
    edited September 2020
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

A full scale invasion of southern Spain would also then have to be on the cards with troops landing at those ports if the Spanish did not withdraw from Gibraltar and the British army has 79,000 personnel to 75,000 for Spain.

You forget the national police, guardia civil and police local, plus their anti terrorist force all capable of being armed to the teeth. That’s about another 100,000 at least.

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Somewhere at the MOD it will have been wargamed, hopefully never needing to be used but ready if required
  • RIP Dennis Skinner if reports circulating locally are correct

Is fake news...

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Maguire/status/1309591352083189760?s=19
    Would be interesting to see the too strict/too soft/generally useless splits on that disapprove total.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,554
    dixiedean said:

Pulpstar said:

War hero. Very bright. Witty. Bags of personality (@isam Would love that). Played piano on Morecambe and Wise.
    And the anti-Benn.

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Makes a nice change from Covid Despair tho
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

A full scale British invasion of southern Spain would also then have to be on the cards with troops landing at those ports if the Spanish did not withdraw from Gibraltar and the British army has 79,000 personnel to 75,000 for Spain.

But why? National testosterone overdose?
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    Rishi had better cash in soon.
    edited September 2020
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

You forget the national police, guardia civil and police local, plus their anti terrorist force all capable of being armed to the teeth. That’s about another 100,000 at least.
    So what, our RAF is bigger and more effective than the Spanish airforce so once control of the skies is achieved the RAF would bomb them to destruction, while the British army and SAS secured the region in and around Gibraltar and recaptured it for Britain
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

So what, our RAF is bigger than the Spanish airforce so once control of the skies is achieved the RAF would bomb them to destruction while the British army and SAS secured the region in and around Gibraltar and recaptured it for Britain
    Your stark raving bonkers I’m afraid.
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

So what, our RAF is bigger than the Spanish airforce so once control of the skies is achieved the RAF would bomb them to destruction while the British army and SAS secured the region in and around Gibraltar and recaptured it for Britain
    Your stark raving bonkers I’m afraid.
    But also entertaining! Do not deter him
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

So what, our RAF is bigger and more effective than the Spanish airforce so once control of the skies is achieved the RAF would bomb them to destruction, while the British army and SAS secured the region in and around Gibraltar and recaptured it for Britain
    And then what?
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

But why? National testosterone overdose?
    Because unlike the weak and wet Left the Tories believe in the defence of the nation and its territory above all else, as Thatcher so clearly proved in 1982

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

And then what?

March on Madrid. Retake the whole peninsula. Clearly.
    nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

It wouldn’t be and oaths are made to be broken.
    In specific and limited ways...
    edited September 2020
    LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Nowt like a little war speculation to lighten the mood away from pestilence, death and economic depression.
    Me. I'm anticipating the subsequent famine following the inevitable sanctions with deep heartfelt joy. :wink:
    edited September 2020

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

And then what?
    We have won the brief war and have a ticker tape parade through the streets of London to applaud our heroic troops and Boris rejoices at that news!
    LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Of course I could throw in a spanish Argentinian pact where the invade the falklands at the same time.

RIP Dennis Skinner if reports circulating locally are correct

Hopefully Toby is right

Toby Perkins
    @tobyperkinsmp
    Am told that rumours of Dennis Skinner’s passing are untrue. He is alive and well.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

And then what?
    We have won the brief war and have a ticker tape parade through the streets of London and Boris rejoices at that news!
    And thousands of British immigrants are either dead or interned.
    nichomar said:

LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Of course I could throw in a spanish Argentinian pact where the invade the falklands at the same time.
    I went to Argentina recently. Lovely people, bit crazy, but as a nation they are not capable of taking the Malvinas, not remotely, even though they rave about it.
    dixiedean said:

LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Nowt like a little war speculation to lighten the mood away from pestilence, death and economic depression.
    Me. I'm anticipating the subsequent famine following the inevitable sanctions with deep heartfelt joy. :wink:
    Could we have a giant asteroid first? 2020 is that sort of year.
    nichomar said:

LadyG said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Yes, as it happens the USA have dropped more nukes on spanish soil than anywhere else in the world, the fortunately didn’t detonate but have caused significant contamination.
    I don’t think Bikini and Eniwetak were Spanish territory at the time.
    edited September 2020
    nichomar said:

LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

You could but the Falklands are more strongly defended now and we have submarines which could sink the Argentine fleet (the Royal Navy has more submarines than Spain and Argentina combined) and we could also do a deal with our Chilean allies who also supported us in 1982
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    The idea of Boris and Cummings leading the UK through wartime is terrifying.

You’ll have a sub Churchill speech on Monday, the enemy will past Dover on Tuesday, Cummings will be Durham on Wednesday, Boris will blame the young people on Thursday. It will be all over by the weekend.

Nigelb said:

nichomar said:

LadyG said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

No mainland Spain three fell on land one of which burst open and two in the sea, only one has been recovered. It was the result of a refueling accident which caused the crash. Did they drop bombs on the atoms? Or just explode them on or underground.
    edited September 2020
    Jonathan said:

You’ll have a sub Churchill speech on Monday, the enemy will past Dover on Tuesday, Cummings will be Durham on Wednesday, Boris will blame the young people on Thursday. It will be all over by the weekend.

I don’t think brave Sir Boris is quite as bonkers as HYUFD.
    Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Johnson’s army would defeat the asteroid
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,784
    LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

And then what?

March on Madrid. Retake the whole peninsula. Clearly.
    Bait and switch. The unspoken truth is British overseas territories are a bit rubbish. Let Spain's forces be tied up in Gibraltar and take Catalonia, fair swap.

Then grant Catalonia independence for their share of our debt. Surely.
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,262
    Come on, own up. Who set @HYUFD off on his Spanish War fanatasy again?
    nichomar said:

Nigelb said:

nichomar said:

LadyG said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

No mainland Spain three fell on land one of which burst open and two in the sea, only one has been recovered. It was the result of a refueling accident which caused the crash. Did they drop bombs on the atoms? Or just explode them on or underground.
    On the atolls ?
    Yes.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited September 2020
    This is getting rather Trumpian now...3 million tests a day...roll out of a vaccine that hasn't even finished trials.

We can hardly do 200k tests a day, but we are to believe in a couple of months we will be able to do 15x that. Is there enough reagents, PCR machines, etc etc etc to even do that.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Well, that escalated quickly.

I have a feeling it was me in response to someone suggesting brexit would give spain the opportunity to take over Gibraltar, I said they wouldn’t because it’s not in their interest then LtCol HY marched onto the thread.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,839

Isn't HYUFD going to deploy the tanks to Edinburgh to stop Scottish seccession ?

Private Francois will have a worthy successor in due course.
    edited September 2020
    nichomar said:

Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

LadyG said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

HYUFD said:

nichomar said:

rpjs said:

FPT:

eek said:

Johnson’s army would defeat the asteroid
    Cummings' superforecasters have probably got the giant asteroid covered; it's the totally predicatable increase in Covid on the back of the 'get back to the office' message that threw them.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    edited September 2020
    Jonathan said:

We shall iterate on the beaches.
    Nigelb said:

Private Francois will have a worthy successor in due course.
    Sooner rather than later?
This discussion has been closed.