Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

YouGov has the worst LAB VI but Starmer closest as “Best PM” – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,412
    TimT said:

TimT said:

Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

Is there any other possible outcome than the death of the Republic at this point?
    Aye, when these people start elevating their deplorability to the sacred, the game probably is fecked. Why couldn't they be happy with line dancing, bumper stickers and bump stocks?
    There's nothing wrong with America that a good old fashioned, down home, traditional American Civil War couldn't sort out
    I am sure it would have the same cathartic healing effect as a referendum campaign, only better.
    To be fair the referendum campaign did have a cathartic healing effect for the Tory Party, eventually. The three plus decades of rancorous Tory divisions on Europe from the late eighties, through Maastricht onwards arguably ended on 04 September 19.

The issue for Cameron etc is in their opinion the 'wrong side' won.

An American Civil War has the same issue. The 'wrong side' would probably win it. 😕
    If we get another American Civil War, my money will be on the side of those with the guns, rather than those caught up worrying about critical race theory and transgender rights.
    Personally I'd go with the gunships and tanks every time, unless you think those lardasses who dress XXXL from Walmart are going to turn themselves into mujahideen overnight.
    Interesting one. Who do you back in a street fight? The lardass who dresses in camouflage to go to the office and hunts and fishes with all his/her free time (both using a high velocity rifle) or the metrosexual who does a killer workout at Gold's gym daily and goat yoga twice a weekend?
    I'd go with the guy driving this

Well, yes. Which got me to wondering where the US gets its military personnel from. Not exactly what I presumed:

"Today, contrary to popular myth, members of the U.S. Armed Forces are mostly drawn from the middle class, with the lowest income quintile being slightly underrepresented, and the highest quartile being even less represented, with about 17% of enlisted personnel coming from the top 20% of neighborhoods by income. Further, 92% of accessions to active duty have a high school diploma, compared to 90% of adults age 25 and older."

So, middle class suburbia holds the keys - not the metrosexuals or the lardasses - not just to elections, but also to the military.
    Yes - though note middle class means something slightly different in a US context (in the US, it means those in the middle - say, the middle two quartiles or middle three quintiles; while in the UK, it tends to mean roughly the 50th to 99th percentile).
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    Leon said:

My niece married someone from outside her community.

She's from Yorkshire, he's from Lancashire.

Oh, and she's British-Asian and he's half Italian.

As an aside, a significant proportion of TV adverts now include couples from different ethnicities.

A significant proportion?? Virtually ALL of them, as far as I can see. It has become something of a private joke in advertising circles

Black men with white women is, for whatever reason, much more common than the reverse
    Being in that position (white man, black woman), my wife and I joke about how you get mixed-race couples one way and not the other. We’ve come to the conclusion that it’s subliminal sexism on the part of the metrosexual advertising campaign - can’t have a white man with a black woman because it might suggest he “owns” the woman. Other way round is fine in their minds.
  • Options

Please keep this from @bigjohnowls

Though published 17 days after end of fieldwork

British Electoral Politics
    @electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h
    Westminster Voting Intention:

CON: 43% (+6)
    LAB: 30% (-4)
    LDM: 11% (-3)
    GRN: 6% (+1)
    REF: 1% (-1)

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Look at the fieldwork dates, they predate the Conservative conference and most of the Labour conference.

Indeed before Starmer's speech in fact.
    I have said that but why have Kantar withheld their poll
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,952
    Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

Bloody hell, do people actually get paid for writing rubbish like this?

They get tenure and awards.
    DavidL said:

that would be because my entirely legitimate predilections would mean that I was fishing in a smaller pool. It would not be because society was anti-gay or homophobic.

While the terms equity and equality may sound similar, the implementation of one versus the other can lead to dramatically different outcomes for marginalized people. Equality means each individual or group of people is given the same resources or opportunities. Equity recognizes that each person has different circumstances and allocates the exact resources and opportunities needed to reach an equal outcome... it’s critical to remember that social systems aren’t naturally inequitable — they’ve been intentionally designed to reward specific demographics for so long that the system’s outcomes may appear unintentional but are actually rooted discriminatory practices and beliefs.

Kinabalu would applaud this exact logic when applied to racial differences. In a few years, he'll either be applauding it when it comes to the dating market or - like Graham Linehan - he'll be having bile poured on his head by the people he used to stand alongside.
    It's an interesting question. Is it "racist" to have racial dating preferences?

A LOT of people do have these preferences. And they are happy to express it on dating websites in ways they would never do elsewhere

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

https://mashable.com/article/racism-online-dating

Not sure about “racist” but I think it’s rather sad and a sign of someone who probably won’t find a long term, loving, stable relationship. They’re looking for someone to slot into their existing preferences, that they can project their desires onto.

Love should be about more than that.
    The profiles that express racial preferences always come across as sad, let alone bigoted. It's an unpleasant thing to say in public

However there's no denying people have honest preferences, and - as I say - it's hard to condemn for something that is very possibly innate. Like so many women preferring taller men?

Top Tip:

To avoid revealing a racial preference and appearing to be racist, simply add the following to your profile:

Music: like Wagner, dislike Reggae

Books: love My Struggle, dislike Brick Lane

Interests: history, particularly the Third Reich

Movies: Triumph of the Will, Birth of a Nation
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,168
    dixiedean said:

What is the utility of publishing polling more than 2 weeks after it is completed?
    Anybody?

Not particularly that much less than any polls around two years from the next election. They all go into the pot to give us a sense of what the status quo is.

We shouldn't be paying too much attention to short-term changes in the polls anyway, because a lot of the time they're just statistical noise.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,983

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

SKS fans please explain

Sunil?

Jonathon?

Pete?

Al ?

Change leader or get what you deserve
    "Change leader or get what you deserve"

Like in 2019, you mean?
    Is that relevant in any way?
    Yes. It illustrates that if you stick with a leader who looks like a big loser, you lose big.

I agree that we do need to consider whether Starmer is the right person to take Labour into the next GE, but he needs more time to try to climb out of the electoral hole he inherited before we make that decision.
    "Who would be best PM for UK?"

Johnson 42%
    Starmer 31%

Johnson 45%
    Burnham 27%

Johnson 47%
    Khan 20%

Johnson 48%
    Rayner 18%

Johnson 37%
    Sunak 29%

Sunak 40%
    Starmer 32%

Redfield & Wilton
    https://twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1448227495115907074?s=20
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,850
    DavidL said:

CON 43% (+6)
    LAB 30% (-4)
    LD 11% (-3)
    GRN 6% (+1)
    SNP 4% (-)

[Seats]

CON 368 (+66)
    LAB 196 (-52)
    SNP 51 (-)
    LD 11 (-14)
    GRN 1 (-)
    OTH 23 (-)

(compared to last poll)

Useless nonentity Party sinking without a trace

That can't be right. Labour is at 203 seats at the moment and was 202 in 2019. And the Tories are at 365 so they would only be +3.
    Compared to the worst result since 1935 the "more electable" SKS has only dropped from 32.2% to 30% and from 203 at GE 2019 to 196

So thats not bad then

Although it will be the worst result since 1935
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    dixiedean said:

TimT said:

Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

Is there any other possible outcome than the death of the Republic at this point?
    Aye, when these people start elevating their deplorability to the sacred, the game probably is fecked. Why couldn't they be happy with line dancing, bumper stickers and bump stocks?
    There's nothing wrong with America that a good old fashioned, down home, traditional American Civil War couldn't sort out
    I am sure it would have the same cathartic healing effect as a referendum campaign, only better.
    To be fair the referendum campaign did have a cathartic healing effect for the Tory Party, eventually. The three plus decades of rancorous Tory divisions on Europe from the late eighties, through Maastricht onwards arguably ended on 04 September 19.

An American Civil War has the same issue. The 'wrong side' would probably win it. 😕
    If we get another American Civil War, my money will be on the side of those with the guns, rather than those caught up worrying about critical race theory and transgender rights.
    Personally I'd go with the gunships and tanks every time, unless you think those lardasses who dress XXXL from Walmart are going to turn themselves into mujahideen overnight.
    Interesting one. Who do you back in a street fight? The lardass who dresses in camouflage to go to the office and hunts and fishes with all his/her free time (both using a high velocity rifle) or the metrosexual who does a killer workout at Gold's gym daily and goat yoga twice a weekend?
    Goat yoga?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFz9FJxMFjE
  • Options

Sign of the times

Trades Union Congress
    @The_TUC

BREAKING 🚨🚛: DHL lorry drivers have just accepted a 6.2% pay rise - after standing firm with their union and rejecting an initial 1% pay offer.

The story is here - it's just one branch of DHL drivers, around 200, Sainsbury's distribution centre, Dartford.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2021/october/unite-wins-significant-pay-rise-for-dartford-dhl-lorry-drivers-on-sainsbury-s-contract/

Delighted to see all the PB Tories on here celebrating union solidarity in action.
    Union may claim the benefit but this is further evidence that restricted immigration lifts wages

Indeed, I would challenge any labour supporter to say they want a return to free movement
    You'd have to wonder if this pay rise would have been agreed if Starmer's 100,000 visas had been issued.

While for the benefit of Rochdale, it seems merely a 6.2% "just pay them more" was enough, during a "critical shortage" of labour. Interesting.
  • Options

DavidL said:

CON 43% (+6)
    LAB 30% (-4)
    LD 11% (-3)
    GRN 6% (+1)
    SNP 4% (-)

[Seats]

CON 368 (+66)
    LAB 196 (-52)
    SNP 51 (-)
    LD 11 (-14)
    GRN 1 (-)
    OTH 23 (-)

(compared to last poll)

That can't be right. Labour is at 203 seats at the moment and was 202 in 2019. And the Tories are at 365 so they would only be +3.
    Compared to the worst result since 1935 the "more electable" SKS has only dropped from 32.2% to 30% and from 203 at GE 2019 to 196

So thats not bad then

Corbyn's brilliant performance in 2019 was the worst result since 1935.
  • Options
    SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,426
    MrEd said:

Leon said:

As an aside, a significant proportion of TV adverts now include couples from different ethnicities.

A significant proportion?? Virtually ALL of them, as far as I can see. It has become something of a private joke in advertising circles

Black men with white women is, for whatever reason, much more common than the reverse
    Being in that position (white man, black woman), my wife and I joke about how you get mixed-race couples one way and not the other. We’ve come to the conclusion that it’s subliminal sexism on the part of the metrosexual advertising campaign - can’t have a white man with a black woman because it might suggest he “owns” the woman. Other way round is fine in their minds.
    Hmmm... "my wife" - you're guilty*, I'm afraid :tongue:

*Not sure of what, exactly. Guilty though. That was obvious when you said you were white :wink:
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,024
    MrEd said:

Leon said:

MrEd said:

Leon said:

Also, from the dating app data, we can see that white woman/black man is MUCH more common than the opposite. So they are also kind of reflecting reality, even if they massively "exaggerate" the number of mixed race couples of any kind
  • Options
    US producer price inflation at highest level since the 1970s: https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/us-september-ppi-yy-vs-87-expected-20211014
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,767
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

that would be because my entirely legitimate predilections would mean that I was fishing in a smaller pool. It would not be because society was anti-gay or homophobic.

While the terms equity and equality may sound similar, the implementation of one versus the other can lead to dramatically different outcomes for marginalized people. Equality means each individual or group of people is given the same resources or opportunities. Equity recognizes that each person has different circumstances and allocates the exact resources and opportunities needed to reach an equal outcome... it’s critical to remember that social systems aren’t naturally inequitable — they’ve been intentionally designed to reward specific demographics for so long that the system’s outcomes may appear unintentional but are actually rooted discriminatory practices and beliefs.

Kinabalu would applaud this exact logic when applied to racial differences. In a few years, he'll either be applauding it when it comes to the dating market or - like Graham Linehan - he'll be having bile poured on his head by the people he used to stand alongside.

A LOT of people do have these preferences. And they are happy to express it on dating websites in ways they would never do elsewhere

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Not sure about “racist” but I think it’s rather sad and a sign of someone who probably won’t find a long term, loving, stable relationship. They’re looking for someone to slot into their existing preferences, that they can project their desires onto.

The profiles that express racial preferences always come across as sad, let alone bigoted. It's an unpleasant thing to say in public

However there's no denying people have honest preferences, and - as I say - it's hard to condemn for something that is very possibly innate. Like so many women preferring taller men?

Top Tip:

To avoid revealing a racial preference and appearing to be racist, simply add the following to your profile:

You're a peasant. Wagner is wonderful (although a bit dull often). All books are great. The third Reich is one of the most fascinating periods of history. Early German cinema is really interesting.

• Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Look at the fieldwork dates, they predate the Conservative conference and most of the Labour conference.

OMG - You mean they're probably worse now! :smiley:
  • Options
    As an aside, given rising inflation and rising pension payments, public sector workers are likely to get very unhappy.
  • Options
    AUKUS awks.

JackElphinstone.
    @ElphinstoneJack
    The UK's Brexit minister David Frost has warned Joe Biden to stay out of Northern Ireland Brexit talks, branding the president no more than an "interested observer".

Winning friends everywhere I see…….

Meanwhile, everyone is loving Scotland….:)
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

As an aside, given rising inflation and rising pension payments, public sector workers are likely to get very unhappy.

Given the sun rises in the east, you can say the same thing.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,803
    HYUFD said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

SKS fans please explain

Sunil?

Jonathon?

Pete?

Al ?

Like in 2019, you mean?
    Yes. It illustrates that if you stick with a leader who looks like a big loser, you lose big.

I agree that we do need to consider whether Starmer is the right person to take Labour into the next GE, but he needs more time to try to climb out of the electoral hole he inherited before we make that decision.

Johnson 42%
    Starmer 31%

Johnson 45%
    Burnham 27%

Johnson 47%
    Khan 20%

Johnson 48%
    Rayner 18%

Johnson 37%
    Sunak 29%

Sunak 40%
    Starmer 32%

Redfield & Wilton

Boris is absolute teflon isn't he?
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    algarkirk said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Can anyone in the actual world remember anything about SKS's speech except that he kept being interrupted and disagreed with by shouty members of his own party who looked and sounded unelectable and made the party look the same? (Guido helpfully distilled it to 1 minute which saved a lot of time).

Has he stopped speaking yet?
  • Options

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

It's almost as bad as getting excited over a Scottish subsample.
    Are you challenging Election Maps right to publish this poll
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952
    TimT said:

dixiedean said:

TimT said:

Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

Goat yoga?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFz9FJxMFjE
    FFS!
  • Options
    felix said:

algarkirk said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Can anyone in the actual world remember anything about SKS's speech except that he kept being interrupted and disagreed with by shouty members of his own party who looked and sounded unelectable and made the party look the same? (Guido helpfully distilled it to 1 minute which saved a lot of time).

'It was actually a short speech, it only took a long time because of all the standing ovations' 😂
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,663
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

On the recent series of Married At First Sight UK some of the participants were even more specific in their preferences: tall blonds, muscular gym bunnies, etc.

I think the important thing is that you don't try to impose your preferences on others. Don't want to date people from a different background? Your loss. Try to stop your child from doing so? Shut up and keep your bigotry to yourself.

Personally, I was surprised to find myself married to someone with a Music degree. Doing my bit to bridge the divide between the Two Cultures.
    Well if you both like Iain M Banks what more do you need?
    This reminds me, re your discussion earlier, of the Paul Johnson future history detective series of Edinburgh as Plato's ideal state (no, not that one, the Athenian one). If you didn't have a permanent partner the Council allocated you one at random every fortnight. Certainly solve the incel problem ...
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,192
    felix said:

algarkirk said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

I remember a moving bit about his mother in hospital and also a long list of New Labour's achievements under the bloke whose name must never be mentioned at Labour conference.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,475

Thanks to Pure Planet going bust, I’m now on my fifth ‘supplier’ in twelve months. FFS.

Can the last person to support energy privatisation in this country please, erm, turn out the lights?

I thought it was affecting nearly 2.9 million accounts. ie 10% of the market now.

But it must be 2.9 million minus quite a lot.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,100
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

SKS fans please explain

Sunil?

Jonathon?

Pete?

Al ?

Like in 2019, you mean?

Johnson 42%
    Starmer 31%

Johnson 45%
    Burnham 27%

Johnson 47%
    Khan 20%

Johnson 48%
    Rayner 18%

Johnson 37%
    Sunak 29%

Sunak 40%
    Starmer 32%

Redfield & Wilton

Boris is absolute teflon isn't he?
    Even more than Tony Blair.

THAT is what Labour is up against.

And don't forget, he is at his best at election time. Not in mid-term.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,137
    Scott_xP said:

🚨NEW Westminster Voting Intention - Con & Lab vote share unchanged for the second successive poll.

🔵Con 40 (=)
    🔴Lab 35 (=)
    🟠LDM 8 (-1)
    🟢Grn 5 (+1)
    🟡SNP 5 (=)
    ⚪️Other 7 (-1)

8-10 Oct, 2,103 UK adults

(*Changes from 1-3 Oct) https://twitter.com/SavantaComRes/status/1448652047138504711/photo/1

Only a 5 point margin? Outlier!
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,164
    edited October 2021

Its become very noticable. I understand why, but I'd be amazed if more than 10% of couples were of mixed heritage. I look sadly at my wife and I and start thinking of blacking up* in case I need to buy a sofa...

* A joke. Obviously. Just in case it outrages someone.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,516
    dixiedean said:

What is the utility of publishing polling more than 2 weeks after it is completed?
    Anybody?

Apart from the well served anoraks of PB what utility are any polls to anyone ever over 2 years before an election? They are essentially unverifiable (except the ones taken immediately before a vote) and every single one until then is regarded, like academic research, as incomplete/tendentious until the next one, which is then incomplete/tendentious in the same way.

Once the media spot this we would have nothing to talk about.

• Options

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

What the hell are you talking about?
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,930
    Mixed bag of local by-elections today. Labour defences in Wigan and Falkirk, LD defence in Surrey Heath, and Con defence in Harrow. Wigan and Harrow look like nailed on defences, SNP may take Falkirk, and LDs should just hang on in Surrey.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,976
    Youtube has censored a video of David Davis making a speech in Parliament against vaccine passports:
    https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/1448589008368545797
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,885
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

Nowt wrong with settling in to a box set of the Ring...
  • Options
    felix said:

algarkirk said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Yep he has crashed a lorry on Tuesday and taken legal action against Labour supporters for whistleblowing since.

An all action kinda guy
  • Options

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Challenging the validity of Election Map publishing Kantar's poll

It is not a sub sample and my question is why was it delayed 17 days
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Happens from time to time, nothing sinister about it.
  • Options

Its become very noticable. I understand why, but I'd be amazed if more than 10% of couples were of mixed heritage. I look sadly and my wife and I and start thinking of blacking up* in case I need to buy a sofa...

Anyone south and west of Bristol sees very few mixed race couples. Even down on holiday. The ads have obviously been made by someone in that there London....

BTW if anybody didn't see Josh Widdecombe on Who Do You Think You Are? - jaw-dropping is all I can say!!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,859
    edited October 2021
    Scott_xP said:

The White House makes it official and confirms President Biden will travel to Rome for the G20 summit at the end of the month. He’ll also meet with the Pope at the Vatican before heading to Glasgow for a global climate summit.
    https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1448655174814224385

We’ll put him down in the “Not arriving at COP26 on a commercial flight” column.

Will Macron or one of the Western European leaders dare to take a Eurostar and WCML train?
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,538
    rcs1000 said:

No problem. I've read on here that all those public sector workers who don't like having their pay frozen while inflation is rising can move to the high-wage private sector, doing butchery and HGV driving and the like.

Not sure how we're going to fill the resultant gaps in the public sector though. Still, I guess we don't need most public sector jobs.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

TimT said:

Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

In a civil war, the guys with helicopter gunships. Guns on their own is irrelevant.
    Does depend somewhat on the starting number of said helicopter gunships, their resupply, and the number and availability of Stingers or equivalent. I believe that in Vietnam and the latter part of the Soviet time in Afghanistan, helicopter pilots had about the shortest life expectancy within military ranks.

13-30 days life expectancy of a helicopter pilot in Vietnam. Just saying.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Scott_xP said:

The White House makes it official and confirms President Biden will travel to Rome for the G20 summit at the end of the month. He’ll also meet with the Pope at the Vatican before heading to Glasgow for a global climate summit.
    https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1448655174814224385

We’ll put him down in the “Not arriving at GOP26 on a commercial flight” column.
    He was going to fly Ryanair, but they banned him for claiming a refund.
  • Options

DavidL said:

CON 43% (+6)
    LAB 30% (-4)
    LD 11% (-3)
    GRN 6% (+1)
    SNP 4% (-)

[Seats]

CON 368 (+66)
    LAB 196 (-52)
    SNP 51 (-)
    LD 11 (-14)
    GRN 1 (-)
    OTH 23 (-)

(compared to last poll)

So thats not bad then

Yep clever boy and Kantar is worse.

Still perhaps there will be a sympathy bounce next time in light of his little accident and his spontaneous reaction to it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-58887168
  • Options
    RobD said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Happens from time to time, nothing sinister about it.
    More cock-up than conspiracy? :lol:
  • Options

DavidL said:

CON 43% (+6)
    LAB 30% (-4)
    LD 11% (-3)
    GRN 6% (+1)
    SNP 4% (-)

[Seats]

CON 368 (+66)
    LAB 196 (-52)
    SNP 51 (-)
    LD 11 (-14)
    GRN 1 (-)
    OTH 23 (-)

(compared to last poll)

So thats not bad then

Still perhaps there will be a sympathy bounce next time in light of his little accident and his spontaneous reaction to it

And he wore a suit and tie !!!
  • Options

Its become very noticable. I understand why, but I'd be amazed if more than 10% of couples were of mixed heritage. I look sadly and my wife and I and start thinking of blacking up* in case I need to buy a sofa...

Anyone south and west of Bristol sees very few mixed race couples. Even down on holiday. The ads have obviously been made by someone in that there London....

BTW if anybody didn't see Josh Widdecombe on Who Do You Think You Are? - jaw-dropping is all I can say!!
    I was frankly amazed that he hadn't an ancestor who was persecuted by the Nazis.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

You're a peasant. Wagner is wonderful (although a bit dull often). All books are great. The third Reich is one of the most fascinating periods of history. Early German cinema is really interesting.

I agree that Wagner is wonderful, though never dull. It's the audience that is dull not Wagner. I am over 40 years too late to have a relevant profile, but would it not be the case that if an young man, or woman, popped Wagner on their profile they are probably destined for life as a hermit?

• Options

DavidL said:

CON 43% (+6)
    LAB 30% (-4)
    LD 11% (-3)
    GRN 6% (+1)
    SNP 4% (-)

[Seats]

CON 368 (+66)
    LAB 196 (-52)
    SNP 51 (-)
    LD 11 (-14)
    GRN 1 (-)
    OTH 23 (-)

(compared to last poll)

So thats not bad then

And he wore a suit and tie !!!
    His arse crack was out though!!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

SKS fans please explain

Sunil?

Jonathon?

Pete?

Al ?

Like in 2019, you mean?

Johnson 42%
    Starmer 31%

Johnson 45%
    Burnham 27%

Johnson 47%
    Khan 20%

Johnson 48%
    Rayner 18%

Johnson 37%
    Sunak 29%

Sunak 40%
    Starmer 32%

Redfield & Wilton
    Go on Labour, replace Starmer with Rayner. Just for the shitz n gigglez of CONS GAIN BOOTLE.....
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

I agree that Wagner is wonderful, though never dull. It's the audience that is dull not Wagner. I am over 40 years too late to have a relevant profile, but would it not be the case that if an young man, or woman, popped Wagner on their profile they are probably destined for life as a hermit?

I'm of the view that an appreciation of Wagner is a huge plus.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952
    edited October 2021
    slade said:

Mixed bag of local by-elections today. Labour defences in Wigan and Falkirk, LD defence in Surrey Heath, and Con defence in Harrow. Wigan and Harrow look like nailed on defences, SNP may take Falkirk, and LDs should just hang on in Surrey.

The Wigan defence is Leigh West. Part of the Red Wall indeed, and losing through death a long-time and popular leader of Wigan Council.
    So. It may not be as nailed on as it appears. This is an area of plenty new build private housing that is rapidly becoming a very outer suburb of Manchester.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,256
    algarkirk said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

Wagner’s music has beautiful moments but bad quarter hours.
  • Options

Sign of the times

Trades Union Congress
    @The_TUC

BREAKING 🚨🚛: DHL lorry drivers have just accepted a 6.2% pay rise - after standing firm with their union and rejecting an initial 1% pay offer.

The story is here - it's just one branch of DHL drivers, around 200, Sainsbury's distribution centre, Dartford.

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2021/october/unite-wins-significant-pay-rise-for-dartford-dhl-lorry-drivers-on-sainsbury-s-contract/

Delighted to see all the PB Tories on here celebrating union solidarity in action.
    Union may claim the benefit but this is further evidence that restricted immigration lifts wages

Indeed, I would challenge any labour supporter to say they want a return to free movement
    You'd have to wonder if this pay rise would have been agreed if Starmer's 100,000 visas had been issued.

While for the benefit of Rochdale, it seems merely a 6.2% "just pay them more" was enough, during a "critical shortage" of labour. Interesting.
    You really are resolute that "just pay more" works even when faced with the evidence that it doesn't. Previously you have attacked companies giving 8x more of as rise than this as paying a pittance and yet you're now saying 6% is enough.

For what is it enough? To fix the driver shortage? No. To fix the DHL shortage? No - whatever deal they have done now will not stop their members leaving for other jobs when a lot more is on offer. Which it is because there is a shortage of drivers.
  • Options

Its become very noticable. I understand why, but I'd be amazed if more than 10% of couples were of mixed heritage. I look sadly at my wife and I and start thinking of blacking up* in case I need to buy a sofa...

I think it's much less than 10%, yes.
    A look around my friends reveals, er, no mixed race couples at all. The only ethnic minority friends I have ethnic minority partners (though one couple is Muslim/Sikh, which caused a bit of disquiet amongst some family members).
    But we were at school in the 80s. There were, what, five ethnic minority children in a year of 150 at my school. I don't think I knew anyone non-white at university. There simply wasn't that much opportunity for my generation to be part of a mixed raced couple.
    For the generation below, the proportion of non-whites is far greater. I think for that generation - who advertisers are targetting at probably more than me - the proportion of mixed race couples is presumably also therefore significantly greater.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,937

It's fairly common here in engineering. Of my seven best friends from the industry, six married foreigners (if not mixed race). Chinese, Irish, Romanian, 2*German, Italian/Spanish. The seventh was Irish, and married an Englishwoman. ;)

And I married a lovely Turkish lass.

A point to note: all the ladies (and one lad) had excellent English, and had been over here for years. A couple appear to have been pro-Bexit.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    TimT said:

IshmaelZ said:

TimT said:

Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

In a civil war, the guys with helicopter gunships. Guns on their own is irrelevant.
    Does depend somewhat on the starting number of said helicopter gunships, their resupply, and the number and availability of Stingers or equivalent. I believe that in Vietnam and the latter part of the Soviet time in Afghanistan, helicopter pilots had about the shortest life expectancy within military ranks.

I believe they then thought of armouring them, and most US losses in Iraq/Afghanistan were crashes rather than shootings.

To say more would be to invite an ultracrepidarian bomb from you know who.
  • Options
    MattW said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

The world’s biggest shipping line, @Maersk, said it had to divert some ships from Felixstowe, the UK’s largest container port, due to congestion caused by a trucker shortage 🚛🚢

Via @b_muzz @sidyoutwit 👇🏾

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-12/maersk-diverts-ships-from-jammed-u-k-ports-short-on-truckers

Definite empty shelves in this corner of north London. By far the worst yet

No bin liners, for some reason
    A plastics shortage, perhaps, that might also explain the bottled water problem. But I'm guessing. Round here, bin liners have been awol for some time, though this week I could get a couple of rolls (does that make me a panic buyer or a hoarder?) of some brand I've not seen before. There are also some new types of cat food on the shelves, again suggesting Sainsbury's are scratching around for stock.
    Catfood round here tends to mean Aldi Tuna Flakes, which are far less expensive than catfood.
    Isn't tuna bad for cats?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

No problem. I've read on here that all those public sector workers who don't like having their pay frozen while inflation is rising can move to the high-wage private sector, doing butchery and HGV driving and the like.

Not sure how we're going to fill the resultant gaps in the public sector though. Still, I guess we don't need most public sector jobs.
    Now you're getting it. 👍
  • Options

felix said:

algarkirk said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Yep he has crashed a lorry on Tuesday and taken legal action against Labour supporters for whistleblowing since.

An all action kinda guy
    He needs to reinstate Claudia Webbe - not just the whip, but her role deciding whether anti-semite friends of her anti-semite friend the Jeremy should be kicked out of the party.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,475

MattW said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

The world’s biggest shipping line, @Maersk, said it had to divert some ships from Felixstowe, the UK’s largest container port, due to congestion caused by a trucker shortage 🚛🚢

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-12/maersk-diverts-ships-from-jammed-u-k-ports-short-on-truckers

A plastics shortage, perhaps, that might also explain the bottled water problem. But I'm guessing. Round here, bin liners have been awol for some time, though this week I could get a couple of rolls (does that make me a panic buyer or a hoarder?) of some brand I've not seen before. There are also some new types of cat food on the shelves, again suggesting Sainsbury's are scratching around for stock.
    Catfood round here tends to mean Aldi Tuna Flakes, which are far less expensive than catfood.
    Isn't tuna bad for cats?
    Not as part of a balanced diet.

Pigeons, thrushes, rabbits, sparrows, tuna etc.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited October 2021

Sign of the times

Trades Union Congress
    @The_TUC

You really are resolute that "just pay more" works even when faced with the evidence that it doesn't. Previously you have attacked companies giving 8x more of as rise than this as paying a pittance and yet you're now saying 6% is enough.

For what is it enough? To fix the driver shortage? No. To fix the DHL shortage? No - whatever deal they have done now will not stop their members leaving for other jobs when a lot more is on offer. Which it is because there is a shortage of drivers.
    6% in the current circumstance is a pittance but maybe they had better terms and conditions to begin with? I don't know the details.

If there is a shortage of drivers then pay more and train more. Not rocket science.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

SKS fans please explain

Sunil?

Jonathon?

Pete?

Al ?

Like in 2019, you mean?

Johnson 42%
    Starmer 31%

Johnson 45%
    Burnham 27%

Johnson 47%
    Khan 20%

Johnson 48%
    Rayner 18%

Johnson 37%
    Sunak 29%

Sunak 40%
    Starmer 32%

Redfield & Wilton
    Go on Labour, replace Starmer with Rayner. Just for the shitz n gigglez of CONS GAIN BOOTLE.....
    Thought you were going to say replace Starmer with Sunak ...
  • Options

MattW said:

Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Isn't tuna bad for cats?
    Is it? Cats don't appear to think so. It's like cocaine to them.
    Which maybe proves your point.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Cyclefree said:

Alistair said:

Foxy said:

isam said:

Foxy said:

In case you missed it, Labour’s shadow minister for women,
    @TaiwoOwatemi, just came out in support of the attacks on Professor Kathleen Stock.

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1448418546275471361?s=20

Where does that letter support attacks?

It just seems to point out that her role in the LGBT Alliance conflicts with the policy of her University, and also the position of the Union and Labour Party.
    I think you’ve added a letter there that is key to the whole furore
    Yes, autocorrect....

The question is whether her role in an organisation opposing Trans rights and access is compatible with her universities policy.
    The debate is whether LGB are opposed to trans rights or are in favour LGB rights - for example "the cotton ceiling" and whether lesbians should be expected to have sex with trans-women, with penises, and those who demure are "trans-phobic".

Also Stock's position on gender recognition is mis-represented by her critics:

This lie was repeated on a BBC programme, and I hope to get a correction. If this student had actually read what I write, they'd know I support the RETENTION of the Gender Recognition Act as is.

https://twitter.com/Docstockk/status/1448531076398428160?s=20
    Bit of a mistake by her to put her signature to documents and be part of groups that want to repeal the GRA then.
    Here is their submission to Parliament. Worth reading carefully.

https://committees.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/17828/pdf/
    Yes, i have read it. That's how I know it says

"Given that the GRA was introduced largely to solve problems relating to
    marriage, which no longer exist, there are good grounds for repealing"
    You missed a bit:

However, since this may be deemed unfeasible, it is crucial to make it clear that what is referred to as “gender” means “legal (or fictional) sex”. The words “gender” and “gender identity” should be removed from legislation since they are impossible to define.
    Ah, so they want to change the GRA?

Seems at odds with Stocks firm insistence that she does not want to change the GRA. No wonder people think she wants to change the GRA. What with being part of a group who want to change the GRA
    You said repeal, not change. Change is not repeal.

Anyway doesn't Nicola Sturgeon want to change the GRA too? Does that mean Nicola Sturgeon should be No Platformed too? Or is that a good and acceptable change?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

algarkirk said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

So Rossini said, but then he wrote lots of lightweight cheese.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,590
    Not great numbers today.

United Kingdom Daily Coronavirus (COVID-19) Report · Thursday 14th October.

45,066 new cases (people positive) reported, giving a total of 8,317,439.

157 new deaths reported, giving a total of 138,237. https://t.co/BPuWMl5YlG

https://twitter.com/UKCovid19Stats/status/1448665914514231297?t=GSz9Nz0jD6jZQQZ8hSULcA&s=19

Slightly ominous increase in admissions too, up 11% week on week.

• Options
    Leon said:

“Interacial”, as I’m sure you know, is a popular category in adult videos - and one for which the white lady actress can expect to be paid extra, compared to acting with a white man. Is that racist?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

https://twitter.com/UKCovid19Stats/status/1448665914514231297?t=GSz9Nz0jD6jZQQZ8hSULcA&s=19

Eek
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

No, indeed not. It looked like cases in the yoof had peaked a week or so ago but they have bounced back.

I'm convinced this is basically weather vs immunity, hence the bumpy path.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,182
    edited October 2021
    Cookie said:

kinabalu said:

On Topic and a -44% approval rating

Useless nonentity supporters please explain.

FPT excellent politics locally by Tories. Infrastructure everywhere you look.

https://www.chesterfield.gov.uk/media/1485734/staveley-town-investment-plan-part-1.pdf

When I first stumbled into here you were almost a lone voice of the left - the left left, I mean, as opposed to this "of centre" malarkey - yet here you are now teetering on the very edge of torydom. It's really something. It rivals William Glenn and his intra-tory "Ken Clarke to Bill Cash" journey in speed and distance traveled.
    Arguably BJO has stayed where he was. The Tories have become the party of public spending. Which is why many on the Cameroon right have drifted away.
    I'm not sure they have. What they've done is spent in emergency response to an emergency. The test comes with how they approach the payback. Will the "broadest shoulders" bear the brunt? That means taxing wealth and high incomes. I bet you this doesn't happen. How they chose to fund the NHS backlog clearance was a tell imo.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

TimT said:

IshmaelZ said:

TimT said:

Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

I believe they then thought of armouring them, and most US losses in Iraq/Afghanistan were crashes rather than shootings.

To say more would be to invite an ultracrepidarian bomb from you know who.
    LOL. And thanks. I was trying to remember the new word I learned the other day. All I could remember was that it began with ultra.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Leon said:

“Interacial”, as I’m sure you know, is a popular category in adult videos - and one for which the white lady actress can expect to be paid extra, compared to acting with a white man. Is that racist?
    If we're going to get into discussions of the adult category, then shouldn't we be more concerned with interfamilial?
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

slade said:

The Wigan defence is Leigh West. Part of the Red Wall indeed, and losing through death a long-time and popular leader of Wigan Council.
    So. It may not be as nailed on as it appears. This is an area of plenty new build private housing that is rapidly becoming a very outer suburb of Manchester.
    Interesting.
    Traditionally, I never expect governing parties to gain. But this is interesting territory for the Conservatives, for the reasons you say.
    Greater Manchester's planning document Places for Everyone is also proving something of a headache for incumbent parties in the councils across Greater Manchester (though magically, Andy Burnham has sailed serenely above the political pain this has caused.)
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,985
    TimT said:

Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Leon said:

Dura_Ace said:

All of that's irrelevant. The one who has been in the most fights before will usually win. First time brawlers are often shocked into paralysis by pain.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,164
    Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Need those boosters going in arms
  • Options
    Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek
    Why eek? Have been reassured by people on here repeatedly that Covid is Over. That the months of sustained 30-40k new cases a day is no concern. That if anything it would be good if we went out and caught Covid.

Surely the pray the pox away argument can't be false?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

algarkirk said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

There was an interesting if slightly eccentric programme on BBC4 titled 'We Want The Light: Jews and German Music' a couple of weeks ago, unsurprisingly Wagner figured prominently. No doubt he was a bad lad and he certainly still inspires very strong opinions among Jewish people; if I recall correctly Norman Lebrecht was particularly vituperative while Daniel Barenboim was very measured.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,137
    TimT said:

HYUFD said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

SKS fans please explain

Sunil?

Jonathon?

Pete?

Al ?

Like in 2019, you mean?

Johnson 42%
    Starmer 31%

Johnson 45%
    Burnham 27%

Johnson 47%
    Khan 20%

Johnson 48%
    Rayner 18%

Johnson 37%
    Sunak 29%

Sunak 40%
    Starmer 32%

Redfield & Wilton
    Thought you were going to say replace Starmer with Sunak ...
    Sunak's fiscal policy is too left wing for Labour.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek
    Why eek? Have been reassured by people on here repeatedly that Covid is Over. That the months of sustained 30-40k new cases a day is no concern. That if anything it would be good if we went out and caught Covid.

Mid October, 45k cases a day. That's heading for 100k a day by December, if not 200k

Why have we not got vaxports? We need 85% of the country jabbed NOW. And boosters.

HMG must stop dicking around
  • Options

Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek

I think the reason for the Eek is that Leon has a tendency to be melodramatic.

Pray anything away is always ridiculous.

Vaccinate and learn to live with it on the other hand . . .
  • Options

Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek

Is that the UK now more than double the daily cases of the entire EU?
  • Options

Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek

"Eek" is hardly hysterical

I can do hysterical and that was not it
  • Options
    Mr. Leon, because vaccine passports are a ridiculous idea.

People who want to be jabbed are jabbed. The purpose of vaccination is to return us to normality, not as a pretext to have the state impose controls over how we work, and socialise, and so they can track us wherever we might be.

If a lockdown is needed, then lockdown. If vaccines work sufficiently, 'passports' (papers, please) are not needed.

There is no justification for a state power grab that will be absolutely ripe for mission creep.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek

This might have something to do with it:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-tests-per-thousand-people-smoothed-7-day?tab=chart
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,915

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

Yes, although as no polls have really changed on the back of either Sir Keir’s or Boris’s speech, it’s probably ok to accept it as valid isn’t it?
  • Options

Mr. Leon, because vaccine passports are a ridiculous idea.

People who want to be jabbed are jabbed. The purpose of vaccination is to return us to normality, not as a pretext to have the state impose controls over how we work, and socialise, and so they can track us wherever we might be.

If a lockdown is needed, then lockdown. If vaccines work sufficiently, 'passports' (papers, please) are not needed.

There is no justification for a state power grab that will be absolutely ripe for mission creep.

Vaxports are a way of AVOIDING another lockdown, because lockdown is far far worse, and a much greater
    imposition of state power

Portugal has 85% jabbed, and yesterday they had 900 cases and 8 deaths
  • Options

IanB2 said:

algarkirk said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

There was an interesting if slightly eccentric programme on BBC4 titled 'We Want The Light: Jews and German Music' a couple of weeks ago, unsurprisingly Wagner figured prominently. No doubt he was a bad lad and he certainly still inspires very strong opinions among Jewish people; if I recall correctly Norman Lebrecht was particularly vituperative while Daniel Barenboim was very measured.
    There's a difference. Barenboim has recorded the Ring and Lebrecht hasn't.

Wagner is to music as Emily Bronte is to the novel. Or Nietzsche to philosophy. Always disturbing, and nothing in the field is ever quite the same since.

• Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,807
    The increasing number of towns whose urban areas far lower COVID rates than their outer environs is getting very obvious. It does look for all the world like filling in is going on. Although HMG should be acting in accordance with the figures as they stand today, it is a promising sign.

English towns that are clearly showing such an effect:

Carlisle, Preston, Blackburn, Burnley, Bolton, Manchester/Salford, Warrington, Liverpool, Crewe, Newcastle/Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham, York, Leeds, Bradford, Batley/Dewsbury, Huddersfield, Sheffield, Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Derby, Nottingham, Newark, Lincoln. Leicester, Cambridge, Bedford, Watford, Hemel Hempstead, London, Brighton, Swindon, Bristol.

Some towns are showing more ambiguous signals, some are not showing signals at all: Norwich, Southampton, Barrow and Peterborough or the weak Middlesbrough signal for example.

The wider areas with very low rates are interesting too, broadly North and East Kent and the wider Cheltenham/Gloucester area.

Many places have been noted for their particular COVID patterns at different times, and those places are very well represented on this clod spots list.
  • Options

felix said:

algarkirk said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

An all action kinda guy
    He needs to reinstate Claudia Webbe - not just the whip, but her role deciding whether anti-semite friends of her anti-semite friend the Jeremy should be kicked out of the party.
    Oh and he has formed a new diversity panel as well to tackle racism.

No Blacks and nobody of Asian extraction. In fact everybody is white

You couldnt make it up.

Except you arent even surprised with this guy.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek

"Eek" is hardly hysterical

I can do hysterical and that was not it
    "Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die?"
  • Options

Leon said:

Foxy said:

Not great numbers today.

Eek

No its not. But the EU isn't testing and finding its cases in the way the UK is. The UK should copy the EU in this instance and stop all this incessant testing.

• Options

Sandpit said:

Leon said:

If we're going to get into discussions of the adult category, then shouldn't we be more concerned with interfamilial?
    That’s just very weird - but apparently is really popular in the USA, as in the most requested to producers from their paying customers.

Which I understand about as much as I understand paying $77k a year in property taxes.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

I'd not like to have friends that wouldn't want me to have a likening for Wagner. I'd not to like to exclude from my friends that disapprove.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Leon said:

That’s just very weird - but apparently is really popular in the USA, as in the most requested to producers from their paying customers.

Which I understand about as much as I understand paying $77k a year in property taxes.
    Indeed, I don't get it and find it deeply disturbing.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

IanB2 said:

algarkirk said:

Omnium said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

ping said:

Leon said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

"No Asian men"

"Black preferred"

And vice versa

Top Tip:

There's a difference. Barenboim has recorded the Ring and Lebrecht hasn't.

Wagner is to music as Emily Bronte is to the novel. Or Nietzsche to philosophy. Always disturbing, and nothing in the field is ever quite the same since.

Tbf I don't think Lebrecht was disputing W's genius, he was just unable to forget the baleful influence it has had.

A quick Google sums his view up I think.

'One of my schoolteachers, a Hitler refugee, introduced him as follows: “Richard Wagner, may his name and memory be erased for ever and ever, was (deep sigh) a verrry great composer.” at says it all.'
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

@electpoliticsuk
    ·
    1h

Via
    @Kantar_UKI
    , 23-27 September,
    Changes with 23 August.

SKS fans please explain

Sunil?

Jonathon?

Pete?

Al ?

Like in 2019, you mean?

Johnson 42%
    Starmer 31%

Johnson 45%
    Burnham 27%

Johnson 47%
    Khan 20%

Johnson 48%
    Rayner 18%

Johnson 37%
    Sunak 29%

Sunak 40%
    Starmer 32%

Redfield & Wilton
    Lets AVE IT!!! :D
    Where/how is Ave It! these days? Don't see him posting.
  • Options
    Mr. Leon, a lockdown is temporary. A social credit system will sink its roots into the country and be far harder to uproot.

And what's it meant to achieve? People without vaccines have chosen that. People who are worried can voluntarily take steps to reduce risk.

If you accept a collar around your neck that beeps when an unvaccinated person is nearby you might feel safer, but come to regret it later on when the state is the one with the key to its lock.

My mother was a clerk in the school, and rightly called what happened when the state started asking for data on ethnicity. Now a school in a white area with 'too many' white pupils gets condemned for lack of diversity. If you let the state dictate your freedoms based on a vaccine then it won't end there.
  • Options
    New thread has been up for ages, BTW.
This discussion has been closed.