Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

For the English there is only one story tonight and it is not about politics – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,639
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Pulpstar said:

Why do footballers get so many cramps ?
    Tennis players can play 4 hour matches at Wimbledon

Don't footballers actually run much further, though?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,445
    tlg86 said:

It seems to me that players are now being held accountable for what happens after they win the ball. Andy Robertson would probably get a red if he did this today:

https://site-cdn.givemesport.com/images/20/01/12/6ee68c97947da8b63275091c719f063d/960.jpg

Nah, look at where his foot is and where it is going, low and going downwards.

The Swedish player was very high and going higher.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,225

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

Ukraine? “Sweden”? Are these even countries, technically?

Who the fuck speaks Swekrainian, or whatever they call it

They should just give England the cup now, and we can let Scotch people briefly touch it once every three years on the special day they eat cooked meat under a roof

Don't do this. You're spoiling things.
    For you, Kinabalu, for you
    No, you were writing the team off whilst I was behind them and calling it all spot on.

So I can celebrate but you can't. If you do it's inauthentic and it spoils my glow - which is unfair because I've earned it.
    The truly painful thing here is that you slightly believe this, don’t you?
    It is a real issue, yes. I'm feeling bullish and vindicated - just generally very UP - but I can't be sharing joy with you if you're going to get all jingoistic. We need to agree on a lingua franca for celebrating England wins. Exuberant but with boundaries.
    You could just let everyone enjoy it their own way, and stop trying to police thoughts on here.
    Just let everything go and be a chap? That would be too easy. Couldn't live with myself if I did that. Not how I was raised.
    At least stop pretending (or imagining) you can mind read. We all know you can't.
    I can't mind read - but given written material to work with, I imagine I can do a lot. Hence why I find PB so fascinating. People really express themselves on here, often unwittingly.
    FTFY
    See, as an example, I can deduce here that I've said something to you and about you at some point that is either wide of the mark or totally spot on. That's right, isn't it?
  • Options
    TimT said:

Pulpstar said:

Don't footballers actually run much further, though?
    Yep, Federer runs about a mile on average per match. Footballers 7 miles.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

tlg86 said:

It seems to me that players are now being held accountable for what happens after they win the ball. Andy Robertson would probably get a red if he did this today:

https://site-cdn.givemesport.com/images/20/01/12/6ee68c97947da8b63275091c719f063d/960.jpg

But he only gets sent off if the other player goes for a ball that he was very much second favourite for. Players kick that high all the time. Are they supposed to be held responsible for where opponents put their bodies?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,643
    tlg86 said:

His leg was dangerously high and studs out.

Straight red, that looked very reckless and could be long term knee damage.
  • Options
    xyzxyzxyzxyzxyzxyz Posts: 37

Why does SeanT keep changing monicker?

There is a coverup of the disappearance of his wife going on. Think Rear Window.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Leon said:

Charles said:

Leon said:

“For the English”??

Surely the rest of the Celtic British nations - Ireland, Wales, that one with midges - are joining in the jubilation of the dominant nation, England? In a festival of British pride?

Anyway. Beating Germany. In a knockout. What a pleasant feeling

One can’t help noticing that this has not happened since we joined the European Union. As soon as we Brexit - bingo

The nation advances

May be Boris is a lucky general…
    Of course he is. Always has been. That’s why Cameron was so freaked out - justifiably - when he heard that Boris was backing Leave. Suddenly a Leave win was very do-able, from almost nowhere

Boris Johnson is already the most consequential politician in British history since Churchill, alongside Thatcher and Blair. And he may yet out-do them.

This is not a value judgment. I think in many ways he is terrible. Just an observation
    He's already out-done Blair in legacy. Taking Britain through Covid and out of Europe is a bigger legacy than invading Iraq. Will never surpass Thatcher, nobody could.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,549
    edited June 2021
    Foxy said:

MattW said:

Talking of Ukraine, we just signed a £1bn+ business deal with them.

Various Naval ships and bases.

But there may be a degree of re-announcement happening, methinks.

Yes, I think Ukraine wants to be in NATO, as well as the EU. Best do it in baby steps I think.
    Yes - agree with that.

It needs to be a secure, and stable, democracy that can stand up sufficently to Putin, since he seems to be in place until the mid 2030s. Ukraine getting Donbas back will take some time.

But very good for UK, as we are a tiny trading partner at present.

Hopefully we will develop a strong green services industry as we have a very leading position, and others that could build trade. They signed a strategic partnership at the same time, but it is 575 pages so I didn't read it.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

tlg86 said:

His leg was dangerously high and studs out.

Straight red, that looked very reckless and could be long term knee damage.
    But that happens all the time. It's only because the opposition player was stupid enough to get in the way of the follow through.
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Aslan said:

Aslan said:

tlg86 said:

Sweden v Ukraine has been pretty good so far. I'm thinking that Sweden would be the tougher opponent, but I'm not sure there's much in it.

I want Ukraine to win. They owe us a couple of own goals for sending our gunboat to emphasise their sovereignty over Crimea.....
    “us”

I thought it was a Yookay (and a Dutch) gunboat.
    England is part of the UK. Thus "us" is perfectly reasonable for any of the home nations to use it.
    In that case, feel free to relocate “your” nuclear warheads from the Clyde to the Thames.
    Would much prefer it moved to some other English city, given London has plenty of jobs already.
    Huh? London? I was more thinking of the Medway. But your weapons for murdering women and children, so place them where you like. In your own country.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

How much distance does a tennis player cover in a match?

I know plenty of footballers cover >10km per match.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

But he only gets sent off if the other player goes for a ball that he was very much second favourite for. Players kick that high all the time. Are they supposed to be held responsible for where opponents put their bodies?
    High kicks are much more likely to be a red though.

That kick could have broken his leg, its definitely a red. Dangerous kicks are reds nowadays even if you win the ball.
  • Options
    How critical is Danielson to the Swedish team? Should we be cheering them now?
  • Options
    borisatsunborisatsun Posts: 188
    edited June 2021
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

They should just give England the cup now, and we can let Scotch people briefly touch it once every three years on the special day they eat cooked meat under a roof

No, you were writing the team off whilst I was behind them and calling it all spot on.

So I can celebrate but you can't. If you do it's inauthentic and it spoils my glow - which is unfair because I've earned it.
    It is a real issue, yes. I'm feeling bullish and vindicated - just generally very UP - but I can't be sharing joy with you if you're going to get all jingoistic. We need to agree on a lingua franca for celebrating England wins. Exuberant but with boundaries.
    You could just let everyone enjoy it their own way, and stop trying to police thoughts on here.
    Just let everything go and be a chap? That would be too easy. Couldn't live with myself if I did that. Not how I was raised.
    At least stop pretending (or imagining) you can mind read. We all know you can't.
    I can't mind read - but given written material to work with, I imagine I can do a lot. Hence why I find PB so fascinating. People really express themselves on here, often unwittingly.
    FTFY
    See, as an example, I can deduce here that I've said something to you and about you at some point that is either wide of the mark or totally spot on. That's right, isn't it?
    Wrong again.

Stop it. You're no good at it, so you frequently make unpleasant and false accusations about people. And you do it like a smug prick.
  • Options

Aslan said:

Aslan said:

tlg86 said:

Sweden v Ukraine has been pretty good so far. I'm thinking that Sweden would be the tougher opponent, but I'm not sure there's much in it.

I want Ukraine to win. They owe us a couple of own goals for sending our gunboat to emphasise their sovereignty over Crimea.....
    “us”

England is part of the UK. Thus "us" is perfectly reasonable for any of the home nations to use it.
    In that case, feel free to relocate “your” nuclear warheads from the Clyde to the Thames.
    Would much prefer it moved to some other English city, given London has plenty of jobs already.
    Huh? London? I was more thinking of the Medway. But your weapons for murdering women and children, so place them where you like. In your own country.
    Scots voted for Trident to remain in Scotland.

Deal with it.
  • Options

Aslan said:

Aslan said:

tlg86 said:

“us”

Falmouth would be better, as direct access to the Atlantic.

Though I want them scrapped, they are an obsolete Cold War weapon.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

See my post below - 7 miles vs 1 mile in the footballers' favour
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

It's simple for me, you put your feet that high up and don't be surprised to get a red card.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    Whys that not a red for the Ukranian ?
  • Options
    TimT said:

Pulpstar said:

See my post below - 7 miles vs 1 mile in the footballers' favour
    Ta, that explains it then.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949

Pulpstar said:

I imagine something about the type of movement is key also. Tennis players are basically flat out sprints broken up by pauses between points and games. Football has some of that but is much more jogging around the pitch too but with fewer full no breaks in movement.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

It's simple for me, you put your feet that high up and don't be surprised to get a red card.
    Were you embarrassed when Liverpool appealed this red card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I4OjtbRD9I

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41232863
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,449

moonshine said:

Suffering your first trauma with the England football team as a child is a bit like breaking up with your first love. You never fully get over it, though time’s a healer. In this case, a very long time but we got there in the end!

That sobbing German girl in the pictures at the end is every one of us, be it 1970, 90, 96 or whenever else. You’ll be ok lass. Just not tonight.

For me it was the injustice of the maradona handball. First realised that life could be unfair, and uefa wasn’t going to order the game replayed.
    And yet, no sport emphasises that life is unfair as much as football.
    You don't always finish a football tournament which England are in feeling cheated - but it's more common than not.
    I never feel that way seeing England crash out of the RWC or losing the Ashes. If you lose at cricket or rugby it's almost always a side matter of the other side being better. I mean, I remember England losing the final of the 2007 RWC by the width of Matt Tait's boot - but losing faith and square. But football gives so many opportunities for disappointment and bitterness.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Aslan said:

Aslan said:

tlg86 said:

“us”

Excellent news that we keep our nuclear weapons in the UK then.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311
    moonshine said:

Suffering your first trauma with the England football team as a child is a bit like breaking up with your first love. You never fully get over it, though time’s a healer. In this case, a very long time but we got there in the end!

That sobbing German girl in the pictures at the end is every one of us, be it 1970, 90, 96 or whenever else. You’ll be ok lass. Just not tonight.

Three Lions, given that it was released in 1996, is lyrically inaccurate.

1970 to 1996 is "26 years of hurt", not "30".
  • Options
    xyzxyzxyz said:

Why does SeanT keep changing monicker?

There is a coverup of the disappearance of his wife going on. Think Rear Window.
    More like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    MaxPB said:

Aslan said:

Aslan said:

tlg86 said:

“us”

Excellent news that we keep our nuclear weapons in the UK then.
    He doesn't want them in Sweden is all.
  • Options

moonshine said:

28 at least.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Were you embarrassed when Liverpool appealed this red card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I4OjtbRD9I

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41232863
    Yes.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

moonshine said:

For me it was the injustice of the maradona handball. First realised that life could be unfair, and uefa wasn’t going to order the game replayed.
    You don't always finish a football tournament which England are in feeling cheated - but it's more common than not.
    I never feel that way seeing England crash out of the RWC or losing the Ashes. If you lose at cricket or rugby it's almost always a side matter of the other side being better. I mean, I remember England losing the final of the 2007 RWC by the width of Matt Tait's boot - but losing faith and square. But football gives so many opportunities for disappointment and bitterness.
    Yes, that is one reason that makes football such a great game. The best team doesn't always win. That unpredictability is key.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

Pulpstar said:

I imagine something about the type of movement is key also. Tennis players are basically flat out sprints broken up by pauses between points and games. Football has some of that but is much more jogging around the pitch too but with fewer full no breaks in movement.
    Yeah running 8 miles in 2 hours isn't particularly hard.
    I don't think footballers pay enough attention to nutrition at half time and full time tbh
  • Options

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

FTFY
    Wrong again.

Stop it. You're no good at it, so you frequently make unpleasant and false accuations about people. And you do it like a smug prick.
    What, so when I called you a supercilious, noddy-brained, anti-muslim, transphobic bigot, it was neither wide of the mark nor totally spot on?
  • Options

Aslan said:

Aslan said:

tlg86 said:

“us”

Deal with it.
    Missed that vote. Please provide source.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    Anyone want to estimate what percentage of this game has been men rolling around on the floor in pain?
  • Options
    borisatsunborisatsun Posts: 188
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

FTFY
    Wrong again.

Stop it. You're no good at it, so you frequently make unpleasant and false accuations about people. And you do it like a smug prick.
    What, so when I called you a supercilious, noddy-brained, anti-muslim, transphobic bigot, it was neither wide of the mark nor totally spot on?
    QED
  • Options

moonshine said:

28 at least.
    We lost to Brazil in 1970.
  • Options
    What a bunch of wimps
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Quincel said:

Pulpstar said:

Yeah running 8 miles in 2 hours isn't particularly hard.
    I don't think footballers pay enough attention to nutrition at half time and full time tbh
    Tennis players take drinks far more frequently. Dehydration is a big issue.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,215
    FFS we have to beat either of these teams. They're shite
  • Options
    YES!

The worst teams wins
  • Options
    @FrancisUrquhart - another goal from a cross...
  • Options

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

kinabalu said:

Leon said:

FTFY
    Wrong again.

QED
    I think so.
  • Options
    Well well well. Ukraine.
  • Options
    Not much social distancing in that celebration.
  • Options
    Ukraine are 24th in the FIFA rankings
  • Options

Aslan said:

Aslan said:

tlg86 said:

“us”

Deal with it.
    Missed that vote. Please provide source.
    2014 - The SNP government said if Scotland voted Yes they'd begin discussions to remove Trident from Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28678102
  • Options
    The Ukraine have done it.
  • Options
    Ukraine!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

Yes, that is one reason that makes football such a great game. The best team doesn't always win. That unpredictability is key.
    And the curse of the England fans is that we always feel the team should do well, or even win the whole thing, but we fear that the pattern will repeat itself - a horrible combination of belief, entitlement and dread.
  • Options

Anyone want to estimate what percentage of this game has been men rolling around on the floor in pain?

It has been a very physical game.
  • Options
    Cripes! Ukraine it is then
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750

tlg86 said:

If that is a red card for the Sweden player, then Phillips should have gone too. VAR =/= consistency.

It was a very high kick that could have broken his leg.

Definitely a red.
    At a certain point even if it was an accident it has to count as a red - so a bit of contact in follow through is ok, but potential leg breakers are not.
  • Options
    Ukraine seem like a more erratic team to play than Sweden, so it might not be easy for England.
  • Options
    Really don't want Sweden out, I had a load of ABBA and Ikea related puns at the ready.
  • Options
    Damn. Would have preferred Sweden. Couldn't see us losing to them in a million years. Ukraine a bit less predictable.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,400
    Euro 2020 Betfair prices and implied probabilities:-

1 England 3.15 31.7%
    2 Spain 4.2 23.8%
    3 Italy 5.5 18.2%
    4 Belgium 8.8 11.4%
    5 Denmark 12.5 8.0%
    6 Czechia 32 3.1%
    7 Switzerland 32 3.1%
    8 Ukraine 40 2.5%
    All quoted.
  • Options
    2012: Independent Scotland would not house Trident missiles, says Alex Salmond

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/oct/21/independent-scotland-trident-alex-salmond
  • Options
    TimT said:

Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

And the curse of the England fans is that we always feel the team should do well, or even win the whole thing, but we fear that the pattern will repeat itself - a horrible combination of belief, entitlement and dread.
    England as a nation has a superiority complex - understandable, given our history - mixed with neurotic, sporadic bouts of low self-esteem

It is the classic mindset of a high-achieving alcoholic, FWIW
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750

England v. Ukraine

It would be a Crimea to miss it!

Could be big crowds, better hope there's no pitch invasion.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,708

England v. Ukraine

It would be a Crimea to miss it!

But what a disaster, as it's Russian now.......
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,996
    The “bloated” Euro 2020 tournament continues, with third-place Switzerland knocking out the world champions; third-place Ukraine in the quarterfinals and third-place Czechia knocking out the Dutch.

@Foxy
  • Options

moonshine said:

28 at least.
    We lost to Yugoslavia in 1968.
  • Options
    It's going to be 27 degrees in Rome on Saturday at 8pm. Not ideal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3169070
  • Options

The “bloated” Euro 2020 tournament continues, with third-place Switzerland knocking out the world champions; third-place Ukraine in the quarterfinals and third-place Czechia knocking out the Dutch.

@Foxy

Yes, it shows how meaningless the group matches were. Should just be considered warm up matches.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Ukraine seem like a more erratic team to play than Sweden, so it might not be easy for England.

Yes. Stolid Sweden, you could have written in the 2-0 win, but Ukraine will be harder to control.
  • Options

Winning our group was definitely better than coming runner up!
  • Options
    Leon said:

TimT said:

Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

England as a nation has a superiority complex - understandable, given our history - mixed with neurotic, sporadic bouts of low self-esteem

When precisely did Britain lose its unquestioning confidence? Was it the 50s or 60s?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,197
    Foxy said:

However,compare and contrast the writhing around after the lightest of touches, with Alun Wyn Jones who dislocated and reset his shoulder, which cost him his Lions tour and captaincy, against Japan in Murrayfield, and he barely flinched.
  • Options

moonshine said:

28 at least.
    That wasn't for Jules Rimet!
  • Options

Euro 2020 Betfair prices and implied probabilities:-

1 England 3.15 31.7%
    2 Spain 4.2 23.8%
    3 Italy 5.5 18.2%
    4 Belgium 8.8 11.4%
    5 Denmark 12.5 8.0%
    6 Czechia 32 3.1%
    7 Switzerland 32 3.1%
    8 Ukraine 40 2.5%
    All quoted.

Italy likely have to beat Belgium, Spain and England.
    Should they really be 9-2 for all that ?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Andy_JS said:

Yes. Stolid Sweden, you could have written in the 2-0 win, but Ukraine will be harder to control.
    If we can't beat Ukraine, FFS, we don't deserve to go anywhere. We are a far superior team
  • Options

moonshine said:

28 at least.
    That wasn't for Jules Rimet!
    Neither was Euro 96 though!
  • Options
    TimT said:

Leon said:

TimT said:

Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

When precisely did Britain lose its unquestioning confidence? Was it the 50s or 60s?
    The surrender of Singapore. The death knell of the Empire.
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,949

Really don't want Sweden out, I had a load of ABBA and Ikea related puns at the ready.

As Ukraine have shown, the winner takes it all.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,226
    Oh my God. We might even do this.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

Yes, when all is said and done.
  • Options
    England now favourites
  • Options
    TimT said:

Leon said:

TimT said:

Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

14 July 1966.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Carmarthen_by-election
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Ukraine!

If you want to. The lady is not for kraining.
  • Options
    Quincel said:

My my.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

England now favourites

Idiots and their money easily parted....
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    TimT said:

Leon said:

TimT said:

Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

Bah, I have oodles of unquestioning confidence.

Except when Liverpool play, then my nerves are shredded.

I can't believe I spend so much money following Liverpool all over Europe just to feel sick to my stomach.
  • Options

England now favourites

Idiots and their money easily parted....
    They’re probably shorter than they should be, but given the draw it is understandable that they are favourites.
  • Options
    I'm hoping Ukraine have a meltdown on Saturday.

Or is that just a bit too tactless?
  • Options

As I kept telling everyone on here.
  • Options

TimT said:

Leon said:

TimT said:

Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

14 July 1966.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Carmarthen_by-election
    Interesting that this election took place just 14 days before England won the world cup final. I wonder whether the result might have been different if it had been held afterwards. I know the election was in Wales but the world cup final result might still have affected it.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970

Foxy said:

However,compare and contrast the writhing around after the lightest of touches, with Alun Wyn Jones who dislocated and reset his shoulder, which cost him his Lions tour and captaincy, against Japan in Murrayfield, and he barely flinched.
    Marc Soler finished the Tour stage with both arms broken two days ago.
  • Options
    Mail focussing on Prince William being there and clapping.
  • Options

I'm hoping Ukraine have a meltdown on Saturday.

Or is that just a bit too tactless?

They might steppe up to the challenge.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

tlg86 said:

“us”

Didn't think the Scots wanted the upkeep of them...? 😉
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    tlg86 said:

As I kept telling everyone on here.
    It was just the mental block of having to get past Germany. I'm still not sure whether it happened and any minute UEFA will put out a press release saying there needs to be a replay in Munich but because English people can't travel to Germany we're disqualified.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970

Why the heck can't Prince George be allowed to dress like a child?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

@Foxy

Yes, it shows how meaningless the group matches were. Should just be considered warm up matches.
    LOL.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,197

TimT said:

Leon said:

TimT said:

Foxy said:

Cookie said:

moonshine said:

Bah, I have oodles of unquestioning confidence.

Except when Liverpool play, then my nerves are shredded.

I can't believe I spend so much money following Liverpool all over Europe just to feel sick to my stomach.
    Try following the Baggies (at least we only disappoint on home soil).
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Why the heck can't Prince George be allowed to dress like a child?
    Yes, I thought that was a bit odd and rather sad. Blazer, shirt and tie for the little chap.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

It's going to be 27 degrees in Rome on Saturday at 8pm. Not ideal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3169070

Will certainly suit them more than us. It will at least be dusk by then so no direct sunshine. But you are right that it’s a factor.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Foxy said:

Marc Soler finished the Tour stage with both arms broken two days ago.
    And Geraint Thomas had his dislocated shoulder popped in by the doctor yesterday, on the tarmac, and then finished the race.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/tour-de-france-2021-geraint-thomas-minimises-losses-after-dislocating-shoulder-on-stage-three
This discussion has been closed.