Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Hancock bows to the inevitable and decides to quit – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• Options
    gealbhangealbhan Posts: 2,362

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Gove’s affair is pretty much common knowledge at this point.

There’s no evidence he is breaking any covid rules, but as Minister for Cabinet Office all that dodgy procurement stuff does lead in his direction.

He also has form for secret email accounts, as Cummings knows well.

Lol who is it with
    It seems difficult to believe, but that is what we are being nudge-nudged to assume by Popbitch and now Dianne Abbott.

Gove always seems a ticking time bomb. He can’t be happy, can he?, hiding in the Cabinet Office while Carrie Johnson runs the actual country.
    Well he's an admitted Cocaine user. Not that I care, he can take whatever drugs he likes, but it's not something most of the Tory faithfull would approve.
    What makes you think the Tory faithful care?

Boris has admitted to trying Cocaine and he won a landslide victory by the Tory faithful over Hunt, then a landslide majority over Labour.

Dave admitted to 'having a past' with drugs too and he was the only other leader elected by the Tory faithful, again by a landslide over Davis.
    They care Because they know middle class people with a nasal problem are fuelling the horror of county lines, gangsterism and the horrific number of homicides.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,303
    edited June 2021

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

There’s no evidence he is breaking any covid rules, but as Minister for Cabinet Office all that dodgy procurement stuff does lead in his direction.

Lol who is it with
    It seems difficult to believe, but that is what we are being nudge-nudged to assume by Popbitch and now Dianne Abbott.

Gove always seems a ticking time bomb. He can’t be happy, can he?, hiding in the Cabinet Office while Carrie Johnson runs the actual country.
    Well he's an admitted Cocaine user. Not that I care, he can take whatever drugs he likes, but it's not something most of the Tory faithfull would approve.

Boris has admitted to trying Cocaine and he won a landslide victory by the Tory faithful over Hunt, then a landslide majority over Labour.

Dave admitted to 'having a past' with drugs too and he was the only other leader elected by the Tory faithful, again by a landslide over Davis.
    Your problem Philip is when Johnson has finished with the Tory brand, it will be trashed to an even greater extent than Labour's has been after Corbyn.

Now this might not be the time for Johnson's star to descend, although I suspect the day is coming ever closer, but when it does arrive, it will come down with a almighty crash. You won't have to worry about Johnson of course, he'll be OK, but your party?
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,016

gealbhan said:

Scott_xP said:

I have suspicion of Mail time lines - when it began, when wife knew - but that is brilliant brave face by wife. I feel sorry for her, simultaneously for everyone who put so much into marriages to have this done to them.

You can know someone for so long, and then they turn out to be someone else.

Is it love that leads people to hurt those they love? Or is Hancock a schmuck?.
    I think men in particular reach middle age and start thinking with their di*k rather than their brain. They don't think about their families, just what they want. The whole strength of a long term relationship is based on the compromises you make with your other half. Part of that is not putting yourselves first. So yes, a schmuck.
    I'd diagnose differently. Hancock has been under constant, relentless pressure for 16 months in a pandemic that has killed 150,000 people and could have killed more. He's also not very good. Why anyone should be surprised that that leads to wild, erratic or impetuous behaviour is beyond me. What's his motivation? An attempt to gain control? Something to bury himself in to forget what's happening? Just a reaction against all the shit that has gone down? Who knows. If he needed a way out, it has given him that.
    ... or he could have sat down with his wife at the end of the day, had a drink and talked through the madness with her to re-ground himself. Spent what time he could at the weekend with the kids and learn to cook some new meals. Use his family to help cope with the pressure. It's what most of us do.
    Has he been getting weekends? Seeing his wife? I think the family lives in his constituency. I'm suggesting he's been under enough stress to not be behaving completely rationally. And sometimes, even if people get the sort of R&R at the weekend you are talking about, the stress is still there on Monday morning and you have to start all over again
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with
    Himself?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Your problem Philip is when Johnson has finished with the Tory brand, it will be trashed to an even greater extent than Labour's has been after Corbyn.

Now this might not be the time for Johnson's star to descend, although I suspect the day is coming ever closer, but when it does arrive, it will come down with a almighty crash. You won't have to worry about Johnson of course, he'll be OK, but your party?
    Why?

The Tory Party is like Doctor Who. When Boris goes the party will undergo a Regeneration and get a new face.

The party doesn't always get it right first time (May, IDS) but is typically good at doing what needs to be done.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,787
    edited June 2021

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

I thought Boris had only admitted to being offered Cocaine. I didn't realise he has actually said he had taken it.

But so what. There are many things about Boris I don't like, but his drug use isn't one of them. If the Conservatie Party doesn't care either, then I agree with them.
  • Options

gealbhan said:

Scott_xP said:

I have suspicion of Mail time lines - when it began, when wife knew - but that is brilliant brave face by wife. I feel sorry for her, simultaneously for everyone who put so much into marriages to have this done to them.

I think men in particular reach middle age and start thinking with their di*k rather than their brain. They don't think about their families, just what they want. The whole strength of a long term relationship is based on the compromises you make with your other half. Part of that is not putting yourselves first. So yes, a schmuck.
    I'd diagnose differently. Hancock has been under constant, relentless pressure for 16 months in a pandemic that has killed 150,000 people and could have killed more. He's also not very good. Why anyone should be surprised that that leads to wild, erratic or impetuous behaviour is beyond me. What's his motivation? An attempt to gain control? Something to bury himself in to forget what's happening? Just a reaction against all the shit that has gone down? Who knows. If he needed a way out, it has given him that.
    ... or he could have sat down with his wife at the end of the day, had a drink and talked through the madness with her to re-ground himself. Spent what time he could at the weekend with the kids and learn to cook some new meals. Use his family to help cope with the pressure. It's what most of us do.
    Has he been getting weekends? Seeing his wife? I think the family lives in his constituency. I'm suggesting he's been under enough stress to not be behaving completely rationally. And sometimes, even if people get the sort of R&R at the weekend you are talking about, the stress is still there on Monday morning and you have to start all over again
    Fair enough. You may be right. The politicians live a pressure cooker life. But still, wrecking two marriages is something most people would seek to avoid as collateral damage from their stress relief.
  • Options

gealbhan said:

Scott_xP said:

Does work stress destroy more marriages than the ego stroking affair? 🤔
  • Options

Russia Today presenter, George Galloway, has blocked me on Twitter.

Respect!
  • Options
    edited June 2021

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Why?

The Tory Party is like Doctor Who. When Boris goes the party will undergo a Regeneration and get a new face.

The party doesn't always get it right first time (May, IDS) but is typically good at doing what needs to be done.
    You mean it will return Britain to the 1950s in a blue police telephone box.

So you don't remember 1997, and the years that preceded and followed that election?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,688
    So while their families try to come to terms with what has happened, Matt and Gina will be banging away in a North London Travelodge.

Or a Premier Inn, if they are feeling flush.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

I thought Boris had only admitted to being offered Cocaine. I didn't realise he has actually said he had taken it.

But so what. There are many things about Boris I don't like, but his drug use isn't one of them. If the Conservatie party doesn't care either, I agree with them!
    He had said so many years ago that he'd tried it, that it wasn't even newsworthy during the leadership campaign.

Glad you agree. Decades ago the party may have cared, but realistically teenagers in the swinging sixties taking drugs are now long since retired. The idea that drugs are horrific or having tried them rules you out for life is not taken seriously by anybody this day and age - which is why drug laws need updating.

Speaking personally I'm not keen on drugs. I've tried them while at uni, almost anybody who goes to uni who says they didn't is a liar, but think their use while a bad idea should be personal choice.

I would expect nowadays that an overwhelming majority of MPs, of all parties, will have tried drugs in their past.
  • Options

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Why?

So you don't remember 1997, and the years that preceded and followed that election?
    In 1997 the Tories had fallen apart in acrimony because they were split over Europe (a split that continued for decades, that Boris healed). Plus Labour were led by Tony Blair.

Keir Starmer may not be a Kinnock, though he probably is, but he's definitely no Tony Blair.
  • Options
    gealbhan said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

They care Because they know middle class people with a nasal problem are fuelling the horror of county lines, gangsterism and the horrific number of homicides.
    Our drug laws are doing that.

Legalise drugs and the gangs go away. Prohibition has failed.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986

So while their families try to come to terms with what has happened, Matt and Gina will be banging away in a North London Travelodge.

I hope the chemistry in their affair is better than shown in that vid. Christ.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,895

gealbhan said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

There's a lot of evidence that drugs themselves are not good for people, not just the drugs trade.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Or a caravan in the rain. Like Sid and Babs.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Why?

In 1997 the Tories had fallen apart in acrimony because they were split over Europe (a split that continued for decades, that Boris healed). Plus Labour were led by Tony Blair.

Keir Starmer may not be a Kinnock, though he probably is, but he's definitely no Tony Blair.
    No one is Tony Blair. There is only one.
  • Options
    Betfair Sports has Galloway at 10/1.

Con 1.25
    Lab 3.75
    Galloway 10.0

https://www.betfair.com/sport/politics
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    New Scotland Panelbase poll in The Sunday Times

Yes 48 (-4)

No 52 (+4)

Changes since their last poll as the end of April.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/support-for-secession-falls-since-may-election-pd2vjtqbg
  • Options
    edited June 2021

gealbhan said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Even the USA is slowly coming round. Don't see what's taking Labour so long. A genuinely radical policy that might put the government on the back foot. A bit. And may actually create some divisions in the Tory Party. And amongst its voters.
    Course we are led by Starmer. A sensible leader averse to being radical.
    And before that we were led by Corbyn. A radical leader averse to being sensible.
  • Options
    This is interesting though

• Options
    And finally.

The poll suggests that in a Westminster election the SNP would win 52 seats, four more than at present. The Tories would lose two of their six seats, the Lib Dems two of their four seats, and Labour would retain their single seat. The poll also indicated a drop in SNP support in both Holyrood constituency and list seats. The party standing is down 2 per cent, at 46 per cent, in the constituency poll, and down 2 per cent to 38 per cent for the list.

The Tories gained 2 per cent in constituency ratings to 24 per cent, and lost 1 per cent on the list, at 23 per cent. However, Labour fared poorly in both, dropping to 19 per cent on the constituency vote, a 3 per cent drop, and 1 per cent down to 17 per cent on the list.

Support for the Greens was up, by 1 per cent in both constituency and list votes, at 3 per cent and 9 per cent respectively. The Lib Dems were up on the constituency vote by 1 per cent to 6 per cent, and down 1 per cent on the list vote to 6 per cent.

• Options
    Nunu3Nunu3 Posts: 178
    Leon said:

Underneath all this is a small human tragedy. Broken marriage, kids in pain, it is sad. Can’t feel any satisfaction at Hancock going even if he absolutely HAD to go

All of it caused by Hancock, himself.
    alex_ said:

Scott_xP said:

Revealed: how a whistleblower plotted with lockdown sceptics to bring down Hancock https://twitter.com/MoS_Politics/status/1408885446424268801/photo/1

This is a bit of a worry if the idea that this was in part a political hit to force the lifting of restrictions. johnson might not like the idea he's been bounced and opt for an extension (especially if polling is still favourable on the back of rising case numbers) as a massive 'feck you'. So it could backfire, even if ultimately it was Hancock's fault.
    Bj doesn't have the balls to be that vindictive
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,636
    Most shocking revelation re: newest Westminster soap opera "Matt Loves Gina" is that they did their hootchie-kootchie dance, not just in front of a CTV camera, but - wait for it - in sight (as it were) of a portrait of Her Majesty the Queen.

Another interesting aspect of the incident, is that the principles clearly thought they were safe from observation, via the simple expedient of the couple blocking the door. Wonder how many times that space (and CTV camera) have seen similar "consultations" between co-workers?

Also a bit surprising they did NOT realize the room was on Candid Camera? Presumably due to sensitive materials, up to and include Official Secrets grade, often on the premise from time to time?

Or where there previous instances of who-knows-what that prompted deployment of security cameras, in this and possibly other HMG depts?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    Andy_JS said:

Betfair Sports has Galloway at 10/1.

Con 1.25
    Lab 3.75
    Galloway 10.0

https://www.betfair.com/sport/politics

116% book lol
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,909
    edited June 2021

Couldn't someone have advised Hancock which go-faster motor vehicle to buy? Or perhaps suggested a sports motorbike?

It might have saved all the trouble.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

gealbhan said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Even the USA is slowly coming round. Don't see what's taking Labour so long. A genuinely radical policy that might put the government on the back foot. A bit. And may actually create some divisions in the Tory Party. And amongst its voters.
    Course we are led by Starmer. A sensible leader averse to being radical.
    And before that we were led by Corbyn. A radical leader averse to being sensible.
    LOL! That is brilliantly put.

Would be a great way to fund "investment" in whatever you want too. Take needless cases out of the criminal justice system, raise taxes instead, spend on healthcare.
  • Options
    andypetukandypetuk Posts: 69
    MaxPB said:

Want to add that putting a banker and son of an immigrant in another top department is something I can relate to. That makes the Treasury, DoH, Home Office and Business all headed up by children of immigrants.

And FCO
  • Options
    AslanAslan Posts: 1,673
    Floater said:

gealbhan said:

BigRich said:

Brom said:

Can anyone explain why Kim Leadbeater looks like toast in Batley despite the Hancock news? Has there been some internet polling tonight?

I am not betting on this by-election, i have no special knowledge.

but, I would think the tory vote up their is pretty Brexitey, (including one time Lab voters, and Brexit party voters) if a significant portion decide not to vote tory this time, they may go to GG

GG is not popular on here and I'm not a particular fan, but to some of these voters, A one time Labour man who supported Brexit, doesn't should that bad, if you are not going to dig in to everything he has ones sead or done.

I don't know, but maybe 5% to 10% of voters could more form Tory to GG but that might not help Lab if they all go we should be something like:

GG: 33%
    Lab: 31%
    Tory: 29%
    LD + Others: 7%

If they don't move to GG in large numbers then its a Tory Gain. ether way its hard, but not impossible to see Lab winning,

I'm ready for events to prove me wrong!
    GG is not going to win. GG is not even interested in winning.

He is interested in fatally damaging Starmer.

He may well succeed.
    Is that actually good or bad news for the Conservatives?
    Not that Starmer is very good but its awful news for Labour as the hard left will have another go at taking over.
    Who would be the far left candidate next time?
  • Options
    Weather report - here in my section of Seattle, high temperature today, Saturday was 95F / 35C at 4pm. Outside my front door reached 102F, managed to keep the indoor temp down to 79F.

Which is warm but bearable, as the humidity is right at 50%.

Low temp tomorrow (Sun) morning forecast at 70F, so warm overnight and not much cool down before the heat comes back, only at approx +5 degrees warmer than today. And even hotter forecast for Monday.

On that day, my plan is to take a long ferryboat ride, possibly to Bremerton on the other side of Puget Sound, a one-hour ride each way, foot passenger fair $9 round trip. Find a shady spot on deck and enjoy the view - and the cool!

Added bonus: air-conditioned buses from my shack to the Seattle ferry terminal. Plus air-conditioned lunch in Bremerton.
  • Options
    BournvilleBournville Posts: 303

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with
    Himself?
    There is a fairly persistent Westminster rumour that Gove is spending a lot of time at the flat of one of his (male) ex-SpAds.
  • Options
    At the least though thanks to this scandal it should be the final nail through the heart of the Cult of Lockdown supporters. Those cultists who have continued to support lockdowns months after excess deaths were eliminated which I've been railing against should with Hancock gone hopefully find little succour as people decide enough is enough and these cultists need to be told where to stick it if they wish to strip away our civil liberties any longer.

The NHS exists to protect the public, not the other way around.
  • Options
    off topic. Has @DavidL got home yet?
  • Options

Weather report - here in my section of Seattle, high temperature today, Saturday was 95F / 35C at 4pm. Outside my front door reached 102F, managed to keep the indoor temp down to 79F.

Which is warm but bearable, as the humidity is right at 50%.

Low temp tomorrow (Sun) morning forecast at 70F, so warm overnight and not much cool down before the heat comes back, only at approx +5 degrees warmer than today. And even hotter forecast for Monday.

On that day, my plan is to take a long ferryboat ride, possibly to Bremerton on the other side of Puget Sound, a one-hour ride each way, foot passenger fair $9 round trip. Find a shady spot on deck and enjoy the view - and the cool!

Added bonus: air-conditioned buses from my shack to the Seattle ferry terminal. Plus air-conditioned lunch in Bremerton.

Gee. That isn't the Pacific NW weather I knew. Stay cool!!
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    "It started in May"

The ex PM??
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,135

Andy_JS said:

gealbhan said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

There's a lot of evidence that drugs themselves are not good for people, not just the drugs trade.
    I 100% agree with that.

But the county gang lines, gangsterism and homicides are fueled by the trade.

This should be a health problem, like tobacco, not a law enforcement problem.
    As an occasional treat, to take the edge off everyday life, or to provide a tantalising glimpse of a different kind of world, mind altering substances are OK. Sometimes they're amazing. If you need them every day, that's a reflection on the life you're living. That life is the real problem that needs adressing, not the drugs. Making them illegal only creates business opportunities for scumbags. The debate on drugs really, really needs to move on from prohibition.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,894
    edited June 2021

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Why?

This 100%

The Tories will lose an election at some point. And they will then regenerate themselves to reflect whatever the mood of the day happens to be...

If the Tories can survive what Blair did to them in 1997 and 2001 they can survive anything. They are literally like cockroaches in a nuclear winter... They ALWAYS survive!
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,894

off topic. Has @DavidL got home yet?

Has David been ill? I wasn't aware! Hope he's OK?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    Hearing the Labour Party finances are in a terrible state.

Shockingly big donors not convinced by SKS begging.

More to be made public in next couple of weeks.
  • Options

Why would anyone donate to Labour right now?

If you believe in principles, you're not getting them from Labour.
    If you believe in power, you're not getting that from Labour.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,359
    BigRich said:

Brom said:

Can anyone explain why Kim Leadbeater looks like toast in Batley despite the Hancock news? Has there been some internet polling tonight?

but, I would think the tory vote up their is pretty Brexitey, (including one time Lab voters, and Brexit party voters) if a significant portion decide not to vote tory this time, they may go to GG

GG is not popular on here and I'm not a particular fan, but to some of these voters, A one time Labour man who supported Brexit, doesn't should that bad, if you are not going to dig in to everything he has ones sead or done.

I don't know, but maybe 5% to 10% of voters could more form Tory to GG but that might not help Lab if they all go we should be something like:

If they don't move to GG in large numbers then its a Tory Gain. ether way its hard, but not impossible to see Lab winning,

It's an interesting idea, and I agree it might well feel logical if you're an ex-Labour Brexiteer who hasn't found the Tories as good as you hoped in 2019. But there have been no anecdotal reports of it at all among the numerous articles on the by-election - all the journalists have some Lab->GG defectors and a few Lab->Con defectors, but as far as I know no Con-GG defectors. At this point, I think the main Labour hope has to be differential high Tory abstentions, which there isn't any evidence for. It's irritating that none of the articles that I've seen have paid the slightest attention to 2019 Tory voters or how they currently feel.
  • Options
    GnudGnud Posts: 298

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with
    Himself?
    There is a fairly persistent Westminster rumour that Gove is spending a lot of time at the flat of one of his (male) ex-SpAds.
    Is Gavin Williamson saying things again?

Mary Wakefield's piece "My husband's 'gay affair' with Gove" in the Spectator, 19 November 2016.

Dominic Cummings's assertion that it was Carrie who appointed Sajid Javid as Health Secretary today sounds awfully bitchy. When he goes on to say there'd have been no furlough scheme if he hadn't tricked Boris Johnson into sacking Javid, he's obviously losing it.
  • Options
    GnudGnud Posts: 298
    GIN1138 said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Why?

This 100%

The Tories will lose an election at some point. And they will then regenerate themselves to reflect whatever the mood of the day happens to be...

If the Tories can survive what Blair did to them in 1997 and 2001 they can survive anything. They are literally like cockroaches in a nuclear winter... They ALWAYS survive!
    Tories tend to stick together even when they're knifing each other in the back. Can't think of any Tory parallel to when Margaret Hodge went to a meeting with Jeremy Corbyn wired for sound.
  • Options

BigRich said:

Brom said:

It's an interesting idea, and I agree it might well feel logical if you're an ex-Labour Brexiteer who hasn't found the Tories as good as you hoped in 2019. But there have been no anecdotal reports of it at all among the numerous articles on the by-election - all the journalists have some Lab->GG defectors and a few Lab->Con defectors, but as far as I know no Con-GG defectors. At this point, I think the main Labour hope has to be differential high Tory abstentions, which there isn't any evidence for. It's irritating that none of the articles that I've seen have paid the slightest attention to 2019 Tory voters or how they currently feel.
    Re: Tory voters, in Chesham and Amersham there was some evidence of Conservative voters going fishing (or whatever) instead of going voting. Will be interesting to see IF there's any repeat of this, and to what degree, in Batley and Spen, which is socio-economically-politically speaking in another country (almost).
  • Options
    Gnud said:

GIN1138 said:

CatMan said:

Pulpstar said:

Lol who is it with

Why?

This 100%

Tories tend to stick together even when they're knifing each other in the back. Can't think of any Tory parallel to when Margaret Hodge went to a meeting with Jeremy Corbyn wired for sound.
    Tories don't knife each other in the back.

They knife each other in the front.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

Il be interested in if that comes out, but i'm a bit sceptical, there have been virtually no big individual donations for 5 years or so, since Corbin came to power and I don't think SKS has done a lot to change that, (data on the electoral commotion website) and the money form the Unions is still flowing,

Its possible that SKS is spending more on staff and so on, but not seeing it.
    Its possible that people have stopped making small donations, but I don't see why.
  • Options
    Just seen this. Hope SeaShantyIrish has a good air conditioning system!

"US Pacific north-west braces for ‘unprecedented’ sweltering heatwave
    Oregon, Washington and Idaho could surpass their all-time heat records for June in unusual weather event"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/25/pacific-northwest-heatwave-washington-oregon
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,059

gealbhan said:

Scott_xP said:

I'm not sure the whole "thinking with the dick" thing starts in middle age.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Oregon, Washington and Idaho could surpass their all-time heat records for June in unusual weather event"

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/25/pacific-northwest-heatwave-washington-oregon

Air conditioning? Heck no, that's NOT Seattle - or at least it wasn't!

I do have a little cube swamp cooler thingy that will cool down a SMALL area, will deploy next to my bed, probably tonight and for next several days. And on Monday taking a LONG boat ride.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

I do have a little cube swamp cooler thingy that will cool down a SMALL area, will deploy next to my bed, probably tonight and for next several days. And on Monday taking a LONG boat ride.
    +1
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,687
    edited June 2021

Andy_JS said:

Hope it's a dry climate.

Swamp coolers will make it a little like a tropical swamp :smile: .
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,687
    edited June 2021
    rcs1000 said:

gealbhan said:

Scott_xP said:

Um. Doubtful.

Ask some teenagers.

I wonder what Gina Colada was thinking with?
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,872
    MattW said:

rcs1000 said:

gealbhan said:

Scott_xP said:

Um. Doubtful.

Ask some teenagers.

I wonder what Gina Colada was thinking with?
    According to something I read on Twitter, women can have penises too.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,904
    I suspect I’m alone, but I find the moral outrage at Hancock a touch OTT. As far as we know, he had a snog with someone he shouldn’t have. We know little else.
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518
    Jonathan said:

I suspect I’m alone, but I find the moral outrage at Hancock a touch OTT. As far as we know, he had a snog with someone he shouldn’t have. We know little else.

Well we know he's left his wife and moved in with the snoggee. So we know a little more...
This discussion has been closed.