Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The right wing press appears uneasy about where BoJo is going – politicalbetting.com

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,911

354,331 vaccinations in 🇬🇧 yesterday (ex NI)

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 114,606 1st doses / 174,262 2nd doses
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 13,793 / 23,347
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 2,072 / 26,251

NI has been having data processing issues so I've left them out, Scotland may also be an undercount because of similar issues.

Should I even bother giving my opinion of this number...I think everybody knows what it is.

I'll do it for you.

PISSPOOR.

My understanding is within all the docs that were released yesterday SAGE were working on the presumption it will slow further over the coming weeks.
    Yes the documentation implies a massive slowing down. Yet we are delaying by four weeks, despite having several millions of AZ doses in stock going begging...
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 13,793 / 23,347
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 2,072 / 26,251

NI has been having data processing issues so I've left them out, Scotland may also be an undercount because of similar issues.

Should I even bother giving my opinion of this number...I think everybody knows what it is.

Good numbers. Higher than almost every other Monday in the last couple of months.

One thing that's going really well with our vaccine rollout is that by this stage in every other nation that's done close to as many doses as us, their rollout really slowed down by this point. Ours hasn't. Its great to see, the further we can go before the inevitable slowdown the better.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

Andy_JS said:

Savanna ComRes

Who is to blame for the delay

The public 28%

HMG 23%

Both 38%

https://twitter.com/SavantaComRes/status/1404760038577672196?s=19

Masochism is clearly a great deal more popular in the UK than previously realised.
    Worth noting that opinion is much the same in all age ranges - the idea suggested here by some that young people are chafing at the delay being imposed by old people seems (in the aggregate) to be wrong.
    The site is very heavily over-represented by those suffering 'lockdown' derangement syndrome. The mildness of the current rrestrictions in the UK has passed them by as has their understanding of the severity of the rrstrictions elsewhere in Europe.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 13,793 / 23,347
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 2,072 / 26,251

I'll do it for you.

PISSPOOR.

My understanding is within all the docs that were released yesterday SAGE were working on the presumption it will slow further over the coming weeks.
    Yes the documentation implies a massive slowing down. Yet we are delaying by four weeks, despite having several millions of AZ doses in stock going begging...
    Oh well....I will be bursting through the doors of my local vaccination hub next Tuesday, like Boris in a JCB, to get fully jabbed up....
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 13,793 / 23,347
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 2,072 / 26,251

I'll do it for you.

PISSPOOR.

I don't get why though -

LONDON (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc said on Wednesday it was on track to meet its delivery targets for COVID-19 shots in the United Kingdom in line with an agreed monthly schedule, after Britain warned of a significant reduction in its available supplies of vaccines.

“We can confirm that Q1 deliveries remain on track and continue to progress in line with the monthly schedule,” said a spokeswoman for Pfizer. Britain is rolling out Pfizer’s vaccine along with one made by AstraZeneca.

“We will work closely with the Government to ensure this remains the case; our overall projected supply for Q2 remains unchanged and we are on course to continue to deliver a steady supply of vaccines to the UK, April through to June, in line with our contractual commitments,” the Pfizer spokeswoman said.

We ordered 40 million I think, for delivery by the end of June ?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

boy did I learn that lesson the hard way

Is that not the whole point???
    Yes but not when I wanted to go to sleep.
    The essence of masochism is surely that WYWYDG!?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Sandpit said:

FF43 said:

FF43 said:

FF43 said:

FF43 said:

Particularly for one with Australia that has no economic value whatever.

Australia more than anywhere shows the limits of gravity trade models. It became the richest country in the world per capita in the 19th century based on trade with a place that couldn't have been further away.
    The uplift for Australia trade claimed by the government for this arrangement is 0.02% of GDP over 15 years. Even that apparently depends on assumptions that never transpire in practice. This deal is of negligible value
    All such estimates are based on everything else remaining equal which it never does. Things will happen that economists are incapable of predicting.
    Australia traded with the UK before the deal and will trade with it after. The 0.02% uplift of UK GDP in 15 years is what Liz Truss and her lot are claiming for this deal. And even that depends on dodgy assumptions.

I am sorry ...
    To be honest I do not think it is the trade deal that is important to HMG, is all the others that follow and of course each and every trade deal drives us further from the EU and results in those pro EU to agitate
    I am sure there's an element of that. Not something to be proud of in my view. It damages UK livelihoods.
    It is the process of creating a new relationship with others, and reports this morning that it enhances the UK application to join the TPP
    TPP is the big prize here. It will take time, but will be the biggest trade deal in history when it comes into effect. Every smaller trade deal among TPP member states, makes the big one easier.
    You'd have thought a focus on the Pacific would make more sense for countries in the vicinity of the Pacific.
    It will dwarf the EU especially when the US join
    Well it's a big ocean, the Pacific. But even with such a 'can do' PM as Boris Johnson we'll struggle to get any closer to it than we are now.
    You're right.

In the era of the internet, data on undersea cables travelling at the speed of light is already capable of travelling 300,000 km per second.
    It is approximately 15,000 km from the UK to Australia.

So it takes approximately 1/20th of a second for data to reach Australia from the UK.

Not much that Boris can do to reduce that time gap or distance.
    Is that how lamb chops are going to get here then? Via the Internet Of Things?
    As we go further into the 21st century data matters increasingly more than lamb chops.

Though lamb chops will probably travel by a comparable technology to how they travelled the journey in the 19th century. It also costs a tiny amount to make them travel and has a tiny carbon footprint for doing so too.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,970
    Mr. rkrkrk, a bigger problem is when race is used to discriminate in employment as a matter of course.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,402
    kinabalu said:

The U.K./Aus agreement is silent on services.

Yet that is where our comparative advantage lies.
    We are the world’s second largest exporter.

We ought really be attempting to improve service access if we are letting in more goods.

Yes, services rather than physical goods chugging between us and the other side of the world is where I can see the power of "the world's our oyster". Seems a bit ridiculous to me if it's the other way round.
    TBH, I think you are a bit too hung up on the distance stuff. Even over that distance, the transport cost is not very significant.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,249
    rkrkrk said:

Mr. kinabalu, you can't compel people to apply for jobs or to be the best candidates.

Right now we have more female than male nurses and doctors. And we have a disproportionately high number of non-white doctors.

That isn't a problem. Or a bad thing. Hiring men or white people to even up the scales and basing employment on demography rather than competence is dumb.

So what if a group isn't representative? I've never had a white GP. Does that matter? No.

The police is there to do a job impartially, not to act as the living embodiment of the country's demographic composition.

I think it is a problem when police force doesnt include certain communities. Makes it much harder for police to gain trust, which is really important.

There's been efforts to raise number of Catholics in N. Ireland police for ages.
    Which lead to the interesting development of Protestant Catholics in the PSNI....
  • Options

maaarsh said:

My understanding why NZ Lamb is expensive in NZ is because of foreign demand, they can get loads from markets like the Middle East. And why most, if not all NZ lamb is halal.

We prefer (and pretty much only eat) New Zealand lamb, not because it is halal but is unlikely to have been violated by a human, which is the risk with Welsh lamb.

Plus, NZ lamber tastes nicer as well.
    Ask the Aussies. They believe the Kiwis prefer woolly love.
    The Aussies believe any old rubbish out the All Blacks nation.

New Zealand is lovely. You can understand why Peter Jackson selected it to be the home of the shire and Middle Earth.
    I suspect being a Kiwi himself was quite a large factor. You make it sound like he toured the world for locations and stumbled across an unknown gem.
    Like many countries, New Zealand has wonderful landscapes.

Yet it is remarkably dull place to live.

Andy_JS said:

Savanna ComRes

The public 28%

HMG 23%

Both 38%

Masochism is clearly a great deal more popular in the UK than previously realised.
    Worth noting that opinion is much the same in all age ranges - the idea suggested here by some that young people are chafing at the delay being imposed by old people seems (in the aggregate) to be wrong.
    People like restrictions ON OTHER PEOPLE.

I have just spoken to my bride friend, who was given false hope yesterday by Boris. She is now having to reduce her wedding size from 130 to 75 because of ludicrous social distancing rules. Her bridesmaids have to wear masks. There can be no dancing. Her wedding is in a fortnight and she was promised a decision on 24 May, now has to go ahead and cannot postpone again without a huge financial penalty.

She has been in tears all day as she has now got to tell 55 people they cannot attend.

However, you will continue to defend this nonsense.
    Everyone's wondering who the lucky 55 are..
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,299

Andy_JS said:

Savanna ComRes

The public 28%

HMG 23%

Both 38%

The most important thing when it comes to masochism/hiring a dominatrix or dominatrices is to choose a good safe word.

Don't choose 'mower' because that ends up sounding like 'more'.

The best safe word is 'Meatloaf' because you're telling the other person 'I'd do anything for love but I won't do that.'

Also never date a dominatrix, when you're tired and you tell them 'it's time to hit the sack', boy did I learn that lesson the hard way
    I vaguely recall an old documentary about Soho, and a dominatrix explaining that most of her gentleman clients did not really want to be hurt. They thought they did, but they didn't, and it was all about the ritual.
    Sounds about right.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Andy_JS said:

"@BBCBreakfast

“There probably will be measures we want to maintain for a bit longer, face mask wearing is an obvious one”

Shadow Health Secretary Jonathan Ashworth tells #BBCBreakfast it would be ‘sensible’ to continue wearing face masks this Autumn.

http://bbc.in/2TxE4St"

https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1404688007081431041

He can do one as well.
    I don't mind the continuation of face coverings in non voluntary settings - I'd classify hospitals and grocers in that category, but I think they need to be done away with in pubs, restaurants, indoor music and other voluntary places.
    Absolutely agreed. I'd tolerate them on public transport too, for a little longer, for similar reasons. But we need to get rid of the blasted things now at social events and places.

Bridesmaids in masks? FFS.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,903
    My gp surgery has sent first dose texts out to all adults now. It is at 78.8 / 63.6 for first and seconds.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932
    Floater said:

Floater said:

Swedish cider company Kopparberg has suspended all their GB News advertising after a Twitter user complained they’d hosted Nigel Farage as a guest. Nivea has also apparently announced a boycott.

WTAF?

Presumably on those grounds they don't advertise on C4, ITV or Sky already too?
    Dissenting voices will not be allowed
    The way things are going there will have to be a "boycott the boycotters" campaign. In terms of public sentiment the boycotters would lose if this were to happen.
    Whilst I hadn't mentioned that I had decided not to purchase anything from them in view of their stance
    The reason Kopparberg found out about the adverts appearing was because someone posted a tweet highlighting the firms that had advertised on GBNews and suggested people supported them.

In response Kopparberg said they would be removing their adverts because they shouldn't have been there.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,390
  • Options

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 13,793 / 23,347
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 2,072 / 26,251

I'll do it for you.

PISSPOOR.

Oh well....I will be bursting through the doors of my local vaccination hub next Tuesday, like Boris in a JCB, to get fully jabbed up....
    Good for you – I take it my suggested 'cancel and rebook' strategy worked??
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,006
    Scott_xP said:

Great find - these quotas are HUGE: rising to much more than half UK beef imports, and higher than historic peak - 1959 - of Australian beef imports to the UK. Lamb similar. Effectively no limits. @EdConwaySky

https://twitter.com/DEHEdgerton/status/1404782791410192387

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/1404778797078134788

Great news.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

MattW said:

Vomp said:

Ireland:

More than 400,000 people who are waiting for a second dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine have been told they cannot travel abroad.

The “vaccine bonus” for those who are a month on from their first AstraZeneca jab does not involve foreign travel, the updated advice from the HSE has warned.

People in their 60s, and a significant number of those with underlying conditions, have been left waiting for a second dose of the vaccine, which will take at least eight weeks, but may be even longer for many.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/foreign-travel-ban-for-400000-with-only-one-astrazeneca-vaccine-dose-40539824.html

So it's Irexit then? The EU Digital Covid Certificate (which doesn't have to be digital) will allow EU citizens to travel throughout the EU with a negative test result. It won't require vaccination. The link on "HSE" in that Independent article just goes to an index of other Independent articles.

This is what marchers should be demanding: Britain signing up to the DCC or introducing a fully compatible equivalent. Interesting that it's due to become operational on 19 July.

London seems like a desert without visitors from EU countries.
    With Delta about to hit, the EU requirement to allow non-vaccinated the run of Schengen from July 1 is deranged.
    It is deranged as Carthage deciding to attack Rome, what do they expect the response to be? Even worse they put that loser Hannibal in charge.

Ursula von der Leyen = Hannibal
    It was genius to solve the EU Commission President - EU Council President civil war over chairs by making them both stand 10m apart in the G7 photoshoot.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,579
    edited June 2021
    SCOTLAND has recorded 974 new cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours, the latest Scottish Government figures show.

A total of 20,761 new tests for Covid-19 reported results over the past day. Of these, 5.0% of these were positive.

This means that, for the second day running, the test positivity rate has met or exceeded the 5% World Health Organisaiton threshold which indicates whether the virus is under control.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19373603.covid-scotland-974-new-coronavirus-cases-recorded-two-deaths-june-15/
  • Options
    felix said:

maaarsh said:

My understanding why NZ Lamb is expensive in NZ is because of foreign demand, they can get loads from markets like the Middle East. And why most, if not all NZ lamb is halal.

We prefer (and pretty much only eat) New Zealand lamb, not because it is halal but is unlikely to have been violated by a human, which is the risk with Welsh lamb.

New Zealand is lovely. You can understand why Peter Jackson selected it to be the home of the shire and Middle Earth.
    I suspect being a Kiwi himself was quite a large factor. You make it sound like he toured the world for locations and stumbled across an unknown gem.

Andy_JS said:

Savanna ComRes

The public 28%

HMG 23%

Both 38%

I have just spoken to my bride friend, who was given false hope yesterday by Boris. She is now having to reduce her wedding size from 130 to 75 because of ludicrous social distancing rules. Her bridesmaids have to wear masks. There can be no dancing. Her wedding is in a fortnight and she was promised a decision on 24 May, now has to go ahead and cannot postpone again without a huge financial penalty.

She has been in tears all day as she has now got to tell 55 people they cannot attend.

The 55 are for the most part gutted. Just because many PBers are antisocial misanthropes who spend their lives at a screen, doesn't mean most people are.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 13,793 / 23,347
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 2,072 / 26,251

I'll do it for you.

PISSPOOR.

I don't get why though -

LONDON (Reuters) - Pfizer Inc said on Wednesday it was on track to meet its delivery targets for COVID-19 shots in the United Kingdom in line with an agreed monthly schedule, after Britain warned of a significant reduction in its available supplies of vaccines.

“We can confirm that Q1 deliveries remain on track and continue to progress in line with the monthly schedule,” said a spokeswoman for Pfizer. Britain is rolling out Pfizer’s vaccine along with one made by AstraZeneca.

“We will work closely with the Government to ensure this remains the case; our overall projected supply for Q2 remains unchanged and we are on course to continue to deliver a steady supply of vaccines to the UK, April through to June, in line with our contractual commitments,” the Pfizer spokeswoman said.

We ordered 40 million I think, for delivery by the end of June ?
    Vaccine rollout is coming to an end, a slowdown is inevitable.

All but been confirmed that by the end of this week all over 18s nationwide will be eligible to get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine as a first dose. Since many areas have been always running ahead of schedule (I got mine when technically it was meant to be over-40s) once that happens the first dose rollout is over. There will be nobody else to offer it to until its approved for children.

In my neck of the woods there are already walk in clinics allowing anyone over 18 to walk in and get Pfizer. No appointment necessary. Given that's already available today and will be available nationwide by Friday then what purpose does using AZN serve?

Its increasingly about actually getting people to clinics now for the first dose, not getting supply available. A slowdown is inevitable.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,140

Mr. kinabalu, you can't compel people to apply for jobs or to be the best candidates.

Right now we have more female than male nurses and doctors. And we have a disproportionately high number of non-white doctors.

That isn't a problem. Or a bad thing. Hiring men or white people to even up the scales and basing employment on demography rather than competence is dumb.

So what if a group isn't representative? I've never had a white GP. Does that matter? No.

The police is there to do a job impartially, not to act as the living embodiment of the country's demographic composition.

So it's not so much any particularly evil practices under Ms Dick, it's more that the whole concept of trying to get more ethnic diversity in the Met is wretched. Ok. Just wanted to check that point.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,115
    Vomp said:

I don't know if they were a local, but there were enough people in Edinburgh city centre earlier today that one of them almost took us both out by stepping out onto the road in front of my bicycle. I have no idea how I avoided hitting them.

Still, it's probably less than half as busy as it would normally have been on a sunny day in June. Strange to be aware that it's unusually quiet, and yet still feel uncomfortable due to not being used to the numbers.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

So it's not so much any particularly evil practices under Ms Dick, it's more that the whole concept of trying to get more ethnic diversity in the Met is wretched. Ok. Just wanted to check that point.
    Depends how you define getting more diversity.

Encouraging people to apply, then treating all applicants equally is perfectly reasonable.

Discriminating against applicants on basis of race is racism.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,932

New thread

• Options
    felix said:

Andy_JS said:

Savanna ComRes

The public 28%

HMG 23%

Both 38%

The site is very heavily over-represented by those suffering 'lockdown' derangement syndrome. The mildness of the current rrestrictions in the UK has passed them by as has their understanding of the severity of the rrstrictions elsewhere in Europe.
    Check your privilege. You are in favour of restrictions that don't affect you.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,322
    Scott_xP said:

Great find - these quotas are HUGE: rising to much more than half UK beef imports, and higher than historic peak - 1959 - of Australian beef imports to the UK. Lamb similar. Effectively no limits. @EdConwaySky

This looks startling - essentially NO full-tariff protection for British farmers from year 0, but a steadily rising tide of low-welfare imports.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,970
    Mr. kinabalu, I've said repeatedly that using race to discriminate in hiring practices as a matter of course is wrong.

I'm entirely content for a series of jobs to have majorities or minorities of men, women, white people, black people etc. I'm not content for people to be turned down because they have the wrong skin colour.

Opposing bigotry is one of those crazy notions I have.
  • Options

Swedish cider company Kopparberg has suspended all their GB News advertising after a Twitter user complained they’d hosted Nigel Farage as a guest. Nivea has also apparently announced a boycott.

Is it to do with only and specifically Farage? I can't find that.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,855

WTAF?

Presumably on those grounds they don't advertise on C4, ITV or Sky already too?
    Blame Twitter. There’s been an organised campaign to harrass their advertisers.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,365
    felix said:

Andy_JS said:

Savanna ComRes

The public 28%

HMG 23%

Both 38%

Just been speaking to an Italian, who gave the impression that restrictions there were much the same as here. Not a representative sample, of course.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

The reaction by some to the trade deal seems a bit like the overreaction to GBNews.

If we weren't doing trade deals the same voices would be saying see told you we couldn't...

Talking of GB News, they'd not exorcised the gremlins when I looked in this morning.
    Perhaps they've blown all the money on the 'talent'. Eg Carole Malone was on yesterday. Also Lord Sugar. And later today - at about 5 pm - I understand we have the much anticipated return to our screens of Dr David Starkey. GB News have taken the brave decision to uncancel him. Exactly what they were set up to do. Things like that. It's a must watch because he's doing a piece on something we've tossed around quite a lot on here recently - whether taking a Knee can be deemed a straightforward antiracist gesture or whether it indicates support for the organization, Damn Black Lives Matter.
    I've quite a few David Starkey DVDs on history but don't really care what he thinks on current affairs. By the same token, I don't watch Dimbleby or Marr on history. Two sides of the same broadcasting coin, with presenters being chosen for their fame rather than expertise.
    Yes, he's fine on his expert area.
  • Options

felix said:

maaarsh said:

Andy_JS said:

Savanna ComRes

The public 28%

HMG 23%

Both 38%

The 55 are for the most part gutted. Just because many PBers are antisocial misanthropes who spend their lives at a screen, doesn't mean most people are.
    Yup you've been online too long - very touchy - the BM dress pinching at the waist will always do it.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Truss on R4 suggested that Oz beef imports will likely substitute EU beef imports (tough luck, Ireland...)
    That is certainly most of the Irish imports, which were just under 200k tons last year.

UK beef imports are about 25%.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,365

MattW said:

Vomp said:

Ireland:

More than 400,000 people who are waiting for a second dose of the AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine have been told they cannot travel abroad.

The “vaccine bonus” for those who are a month on from their first AstraZeneca jab does not involve foreign travel, the updated advice from the HSE has warned.

People in their 60s, and a significant number of those with underlying conditions, have been left waiting for a second dose of the vaccine, which will take at least eight weeks, but may be even longer for many.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/health/foreign-travel-ban-for-400000-with-only-one-astrazeneca-vaccine-dose-40539824.html

So it's Irexit then? The EU Digital Covid Certificate (which doesn't have to be digital) will allow EU citizens to travel throughout the EU with a negative test result. It won't require vaccination. The link on "HSE" in that Independent article just goes to an index of other Independent articles.

This is what marchers should be demanding: Britain signing up to the DCC or introducing a fully compatible equivalent. Interesting that it's due to become operational on 19 July.

With Delta about to hit, the EU requirement to allow non-vaccinated the run of Schengen from July 1 is deranged.
    It is deranged as Carthage deciding to attack Rome, what do they expect the response to be? Even worse they put that loser Hannibal in charge.

Ursula von der Leyen = Hannibal
    I don't understand what is going on with Delta any more.

Are people expecting a surge in cases as Delta spreads around Europe?
    Will this not be counterbalanced by seasonality? And vaccines?
  • Options

Mr. kinabalu, I've said repeatedly that using race to discriminate in hiring practices as a matter of course is wrong.

I'm entirely content for a series of jobs to have majorities or minorities of men, women, white people, black people etc. I'm not content for people to be turned down because they have the wrong skin colour.

Opposing bigotry is one of those crazy notions I have.

Yes, you keep battling away against bigotry, Morris.

Straight White Male Lives Matter!
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Depends how you define getting more diversity.

Encouraging people to apply, then treating all applicants equally is perfectly reasonable.

Discriminating against applicants on basis of race is racism.
    Yes, it depends how it's done.
  • Options
    rkrkrk said:

I think it is a problem when police force doesnt include certain communities. Makes it much harder for police to gain trust, which is really important.

There's been efforts to raise number of Catholics in N. Ireland police for ages.
    Yes, "best person for the job" can sometimes quite validly include ethnicity and gender. It depends on the role and the context.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Wrong thread.
This discussion has been closed.