Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Something to watch over the next few weeks? – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,628

All getting a bit testy in here this afternoon....

This is what happens when you have a bunch of traitors wanting England to lose.

These tossers deserve to be castrated for sounding like Scot Nats.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,298
    edited June 2021
    I was just thinking Kasper Schmeichel.....that's the second shocking incident he has witnessed close up on a football field in the past few years (the other being the helicopter crash at Leicester).

Apparently yesterday he consoled Eriksen's wife, who thought he had died.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209

Aren’t you laying them?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,314
    Phil said:

All this ein Reich stuff very much has the air of we fucked it so now we have to mightily overcompensate and hope people don't notice.

Definitely an air of “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”.
    Also curiously tin eared for such a populist government. I'd imagine more than half the populations of Eng, Wal & Sco would be actively hostile to being told that the don't have their own nations. NI is of course it's own case, but I'd bet at least half won't like being told 'you're British and there's an end to it!'
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Aren’t you laying them?
    I still want them to win and I'll be happy if I go to the poor house.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

I was just thinking Kasper Schmeichel.....that's the second shocking incident he has witnessed close up on a football field in the past few years (the other being the helicopter crash at Leicester).

He did, him and the Captain
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209

tlg86 said:

Aren’t you laying them?
    I still want them to win and I'll be happy if I go to the poor house.
    Whatever!
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

All this ein Reich stuff very much has the air of we fucked it so now we have to mightily overcompensate and hope people don't notice.

Ha ha. If we are one country why are we playing against ourselves in the football?
    I don't think that's entirely fair. The Home Nations' teams are an artefact of the 19th century, before a reasonably consistent structure of international sports based around teams representing sovereign states had properly taken off. If football had only become a big thing in the 1950s then I dare say these separate teams wouldn't exist.

However - on the broader point, the notion that the Government were really that interested in operating the UK as a smooth an harmonious whole would make a lot more sense if successive administrations hadn't indulged lop-sided, ad hoc, dog's breakfast devolution for the last two decades. Either you have the unitary state, an even structure of regional/federal government, or dissolution. The present arrangements don't work and there's no willingness at all from the idiots in Parliament to change them.

So, on we totter towards the cliff edge.

The absolute state of English PBers wanting England to lose. Absolutely effing pathetic. Take a careful note to never listen to any of these morons whenever they pontificate about patriotism.

That's fair. The outrage over this is vastly, vastly overdone. I don't think much of BLM either but the players evidently think they're doing something important to them to protest against racial prejudice. Whether you view these demonstrations as important and valuable or empty and fatuous, they don't strike me as particularly offensive. They certainly don't deserve to be abused for them.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,298
    edited June 2021
    Floater said:

He did, him and the Captain
    I seemed to remember he ran towards the helicopter to try and help. Seems like a stand up guy.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,357
    kinabalu said:

The absolute state of English PBers wanting England to lose. Absolutely effing pathetic. Take a careful note to never listen to any of these morons whenever they pontificate about patriotism.

Plus a HUNDRED.

Yep. They're all on a list now. Take a lot to get off it too.
    Now that’s one thing I’d be happy to see flop. The hundred.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,106
    Is Boris or Prince William at the match?
  • Options

Boris is holding a press conference in Cornwall right now.
  • Options

Can't believe he hates England
  • Options
    Taz said:

kinabalu said:

Plus a HUNDRED.

The Hundred is the Hawaiian pizza of cricket.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Can't believe he hates England
    He hates Wales as well.

Also NI, I mean just look at the Northern Ireland protocol.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,035

Phil said:

Also curiously tin eared for such a populist government. I'd imagine more than half the populations of Eng, Wal & Sco would be actively hostile to being told that the don't have their own nations. NI is of course it's own case, but I'd bet at least half won't like being told 'you're British and there's an end to it!'
    Doubtless they'll be telling their mates at the RFU to pull out of that festival of woke, the offensively named "Six Nations."
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,410
    The contrast between sun and shade at Wembley is unfortunate as cameras struggle to adjust

I did see Foden hit the post mind you
  • Options

Ha ha. If we are one country why are we playing against ourselves in the football?
    Little more than an inter county game
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,038
    edited June 2021
    "Mixed reception as England players take the knee
    England 0-0 Croatia

Phil McNulty

BBC Sport chief football writer at Wembley

Still booing from a large number of England fans as they take the knee before kick-off but the jeers were also met with a response of loud and prolonged applause. Mixed reaction."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/50940652
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,167

Nice to see the majority of the fans drown out the minority that booed.

Yes excellent to hear.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,416
    Foden really could make an impact for England in this tournament. That was an inch from bouncing in.
  • Options

Taz said:

kinabalu said:

Plus a HUNDRED.

That’s a great line and I’m nicking it for,future use,
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038

Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

The level of hysteria on here regarding lockdown is a thing of beauty…

There is nothing hysterical about pointing out that current restrictions:-
    - make many businesses dependant on social closeness unviable and unprofitable
    - such businesses have spent much of the last 16 months closed and have exhausted any reserves
    - many such businesses employ the young, those starting out etc
    - summer business at full capacity is essential to allowing such businesses to survive, let alone become profitable
    - continuing restrictions over the summer - let alone beyond then - will destroy many such businesses. Once gone, there is little chance of them being replaced for who would take a chance on investing in such businesses in such a climate
    - the economic and social effects of this in very many parts of the country and in the young, in particular, will be very grave.
    Also the government support is a fixed duration thing and is ending timed to freedom day. If that day gets pushed back further and further the government show no sign of rolling support further back, and that wouldn't cover losses stocking and resourcing up for unlock events that are now cancelled.

The entertainment and hospitality sectors really will be in ruins by the end.
    Indeed. The total silence on continuation of support makes me fear the worst - that restrictions will continue, support will be withdrawn and the government will simply ignore the wave of bankruptcies, closures and lost jobs that will result.

Still there all those with large savings who can pay for it all - an 80% super tax on them should do it I reckon. And they'll be happy to pay, won't they?
    Raab was asked today if the month's delay would be final and complete and he gave no assurance whatever. Nothing is ever, ever ruled out. He said they did not want to yo-yo, but again gave no assurance whatever.

The government's assertion that the month's delay was to give business 'certainty' is therefore complete rank bullsh8t.

All businesses are facing is an everlasting uncertainty, and its clear that after this delay many will say you know what, that is it.

Airlines. Hotels. Pubs. Conferencing. Weddings and events. These industries are getting crushed permanently.

Yeah the pubs are open but many are trading at a loss. They are not really 'open' in many cases. They have not been for a year.
    It's almost as if it's deliberate ...

The lies might be exposed faster in places which have an effective opposition
    https://twitter.com/NickHudsonCT/status/1403799406348996609?s=20
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Foden really could make an impact for England in this tournament. That was an inch from bouncing in.

Or in off the goalkeeper
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733
    edited June 2021

The contrast between sun and shade at Wembley is unfortunate as cameras struggle to adjust

You’d have thought the cameras/lighting engineers could do a better job. There must be a tech solution, surely?

It’s rather hard to watch.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,133
    justin124 said:

People are entitled to show complete indifference to an event they find totally inconsequential. Not sure what it has to do with patriotism - particularly as England, Wales & Scotland are effectively regions of Great Briain rather than countries in their own right.
    bollox
  • Options
    ping said:

You’d have thought the cameras/lighting engineers could do a better job. There must be a tech solution, surely?
    Too much hassle for live events because you know over the space of two hours the earth rotates a bit and the position of the sun changes.
  • Options
    alex_alex_ Posts: 7,518

It's fucking awful. I'm cheering England on enthusiastically, and I'm bloody Scottish. #comeonengland.
    But will you be supporting Scotland? ;)
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,862

DavidL said:

Or in off the goalkeeper
    Croatia keeper doesn't look up to much. Mind you we have Pickford...
  • Options
    It is very pleasing to see the majority of fans being true patriots and supporting the England football team and not booing them. The way the media go on about taking the knee you would think it goes on forever but they only do it for about five seconds. Bunch of snowflakes getting offended about nothing.

I am not even a football fan but I am proud to be supporting my country today as I am sure most decent people are.
  • Options
    I have elected to excuse myself from the agony of watching an English team play a thing, and will be enjoying the action from Roland-Garros instead.

Hard to see past a win for Djokovic here, but you never know...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,187
    edited June 2021

Boris went to Eton and is a rugby man, he does not have much interest in soccer.

Plus the idea the average England football fan is desperate to watch the PM's press conference at the G7 is laughable anyway
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

Good to see from the pictures of the crowd almost everyone on screen seemed to be applauding.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Boris went to Eton and is a rugby man, he does not have much interest in soccer
    Did you miss his intervention over the Super League?
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,181
    alex_ said:

It's fucking awful. I'm cheering England on enthusiastically, and I'm bloody Scottish. #comeonengland.
    Ha ha yes of course, especially on Friday!
  • Options

Good to see from the pictures of the crowd almost everyone on screen seemed to be applauding.
    Lovely stuff. What about the booing of the Croat anthem ?
  • Options

Taz said:

kinabalu said:

Plus a HUNDRED.

Hawaiian pizza is tasty and popular.

Can't see The Hundred being either.
  • Options

Phil said:

They don't, they are ceremonial countries only and in reality just regions of the UK, the only sovereign nation in GB and Northern Ireland
  • Options
    Taz said:

That's a disrespectful dickhead move. Tiny minority does it every time, really disrespectful.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,416

Ditto. Not planning to do so when Scotland visit though.

Really don't understand Trippier instead of Shaw. The latter has been United's best winger this year by a considerable margin.
  • Options

Taz said:

kinabalu said:

Plus a HUNDRED.

Hawaiian pizza is tasty and popular.

Can't see The Hundred being either.
    I remember the glorious Angela Harnett telling a tale where she dumped a guy she was dating as he had a Hawaiian pizza. What a woman.
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,230
    HYUFD said:

Boris went to Eton and is a rugby man, he does not have much interest in soccer.

Plus the idea the average England football fan is desperate to watch the PM's press conference at the G7 is laughable anyway
    No one is interested in what Boris is saying today. It will be different tomorrow.
  • Options
    Taz said:

Croat nationalists are famous for their Cultural Marxism, or something like that...
  • Options

Taz said:

That's a disrespectful dickhead move. Tiny minority does it every time, really disrespectful.
    It really wins me up but it only happens in football. It’s just so disrespectful.,it’s been going on, unchallenged, for several years too.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

HYUFD said:

That does not mean he is not willing to try and get a few votes out of it from soccer loving voters in the Red Wall, however I doubt Boris ever watches a football match unless he sees a camera near by
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

That does not mean he is not willing to try and get a few votes out of it from soccer loving voters in the Red Wall
    Jumpers for goalposts, marvellous.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,035

Taz said:

Yep. Showing their "patriotism" no doubt.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Phil said:

They don't, they are ceremonial countries only and in reality just regions of the UK, the only sovereign nation in GB and Northern Ireland
    You do talk arrogant nonsense

They all have devolved administrations and first ministers

Indeed each has handled covid differently and their administrations are elected by their populace
  • Options
    England playing very well
  • Options
    Really impressive first 20 minutes but we need to take a chance.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Phil said:

Indeed each has handled covid differently and their administrations are elected by their populace
    England doesn't, but hey-ho, what do we matter?
  • Options

England playing very well

Good going forward, but that defence looks rather porous when the Croats get their midfield on the ball.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Phil said:

We have Mason Mount instead
  • Options
    ClippPClippP Posts: 1,705

HYUFD said:

Yes, I'm afraid I did miss it. But I saw the headlines afterwards, which was the main thing.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Phil said:

As long as we keep subsidising them then we matter.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options

HYUFD said:

Phil said:

Westminster is the de facto English parliament and controls the colonies as well.
  • Options

Really impressive first 20 minutes but we need to take a chance.

Reminiscent of the days of Ray ‘the crap’ Wilkins. It’s fine being op but we have to get a goal.
  • Options
    Black_Rook said:

» show previous quotes

Westminster is the de facto English parliament and controls the colonies as well.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

fake news
  • Options
    Currently 2-1 to Tsitsipas in the first set over in Paris. He took seven minutes to win his first service game but much more comfortable second time around. Encouraging early signs for a good match.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

alex_ said:

Ha ha yes of course, especially on Friday!
    Traitor.

#onecountry
  • Options

Taz said:

One of the most enjoyable pre game events in International football is an England-Liechtenstein match. Oh the confusion!
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Boos 1 Cheers 1
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,781
    edited June 2021

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

Having heard and read yet more culture war guff in the last few days, can’t help agreeing even more wi try @GaryLineker on this.
    The booing says more about the booers
    https://twitter.com/timesradio/status/1402994109283934209

And the government’s culture warmongering would almost be less objectionable were it not so transparently cynical and inauthentic.
    The anti-woke playbook says oppose taking the knee but the polling shows salt-of-the-earth-red-wall-association-football-fans like the England squad

https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1404021277279633408

You don't half post some guff.

Polling shows a majority don't support taking the knee. Boris statement the other day was about as middling as middling could be, suppprt right to do so, without saying he supported it. That's a perfectly valid position and actually the polling shows one shared by a significant percentage of the nation.
    But I bet and hope that if you asked the public if they positively approved of the BOOing the "yes" percentage would be very low indeed. Much lower than those who just don't support the team making the gesture.

You know why? Because it would (by and large) be just 2 categories of people (with significant overlap) who thankfully do not constitute a large slice of our population.

The 2 categories are as follows:

(i) Right wing culture warriors with a BLM "marxist" hang up.

(ii) Racists.

This is the truth I write here on this gorgeous Sunday morning. So nobody should bother even thinking about demurring.

The Match - I'm not confident. I'm on the 1/1 draw.
    Unfortunately, we had the numbers upthread.

About half of fans support the knee thing and oppose the booing.

About 30% oppose the knee thing and support the booing.

https://twitter.com/keiranpedley/status/1403808606441639945?s=19

Although it's not confirmed, hard not to imagine it's the same 30% and 50% each time.

The 30% feels a bit like a defiant rage against the dying of a certain sort of light.
    That's of football fans. I refuse to believe as many as 30% of the general population actively support the booing. If that is the case, the country is further gone than I thought.
    I think the kneeling is pointless virtue signalling which does nothing to help anyone. But at the same time the booing has an added dimension of being pretty offensive as the 'virtue' it seems to be signalling is opposition to people making a peaceful point on a matter we should all reasonably be in agreement about.

Lots of people do virtue signalling in many different ways. Almost all of the time it is pointless at best but going as far as to boo those doing it does seem at least mildly offensive to me.

Mind you I am not a great fan of bladder kicking either so I probably don't see the point in any of the activities going on inside Wembley stadium from start to finish.
    Exactly. You - not a footie fan - wouldn't boo the team and disapprove of that happening even though you don't support the Knee. Because you're not a right wing culture warrior and you're not racist. There'll be loads like you. For once you are not niche here. That's why I say there'll be nothing like 30% of the population in favour of the booing.

I see little wrong in virtue signalling btw. In fact I see nothing wrong in it. People who consider virtue signalling to be one of the top things to fret about in the world should imo take a long hard look in the mirror and have a long hard word with their reflection.
    Again I agree. worrying about virtue signalling is like worrying about the kneeling. I think it is rather silly and can, in some circumstances, be counter productive, but it wouldn't rate in my top 500 things that are wrong in the world.

I kind of think of booing people taking the knee as being like me, as an atheist, booing people walking into church. It would be pointless, silly and, most importantly, extremely rude.

There is more than enough room in this world for a diverse range of different beliefs, customs and priorities. Getting offended by something you don't personally agree with with shows a real lack of imagination and empathy.
    I think that's a rather poor analogy.

The crowd are having a gesture forced on them in their own environment, and are being patronised when they refuse to kowtow.

It is more like either a church congregation booing Dawkins who has barged his way in an is preaching his opinions, or the a Leicester Secular Society meeting booing a church choir that has paraded in and is walking round singing "Lift High the Cross" (Which has nine verses).

My analogy isn't quite right either, but it highlighs the offence of a partisan political gesture being imposed in people's own environment, where it has neither been consulted upon nor is universally accepted.

I'm not a dedicated footie fan, so fortunately I have not got this pushed in my face.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    Those socially distanced fanzones look like fun...
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631

Scott_xP said:

Extraordinary this...Biden links arms with Macron and the EU not our PM. It is not the US relationship with the UK that is special now, it is the US one with leaders of the EU.
    https://twitter.com/tobyhelm/status/1404005189384867844

https://twitter.com/williamnhutton/status/1403991266594115587

If you actually listen to Biden's words, he places NATO first and only talks about the EU in the context of strengthening NATO.
    Nah, Macron forcing his arm around Biden at every opportunity is clearly more important than that.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,375
    MattW said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

Having heard and read yet more culture war guff in the last few days, can’t help agreeing even more wi try @GaryLineker on this.

And the government’s culture warmongering would almost be less objectionable were it not so transparently cynical and inauthentic.
    The anti-woke playbook says oppose taking the knee but the polling shows salt-of-the-earth-red-wall-association-football-fans like the England squad

Polling shows a majority don't support taking the knee. Boris statement the other day was about as middling as middling could be, suppprt right to do so, without saying he supported it. That's a perfectly valid position and actually the polling shows one shared by a significant percentage of the nation.
    But I bet and hope that if you asked the public if they positively approved of the BOOing the "yes" percentage would be very low indeed. Much lower than those who just don't support the team making the gesture.

You know why? Because it would (by and large) be just 2 categories of people (with significant overlap) who thankfully do not constitute a large slice of our population.

(ii) Racists.

This is the truth I write here on this gorgeous Sunday morning. So nobody should bother even thinking about demurring.

Although it's not confirmed, hard not to imagine it's the same 30% and 50% each time.

The 30% feels a bit like a defiant rage against the dying of a certain sort of light.
    That's of football fans. I refuse to believe as many as 30% of the general population actively support the booing. If that is the case, the country is further gone than I thought.
    I think the kneeling is pointless virtue signalling which does nothing to help anyone. But at the same time the booing has an added dimension of being pretty offensive as the 'virtue' it seems to be signalling is opposition to people making a peaceful point on a matter we should all reasonably be in agreement about.

Lots of people do virtue signalling in many different ways. Almost all of the time it is pointless at best but going as far as to boo those doing it does seem at least mildly offensive to me.

Mind you I am not a great fan of bladder kicking either so I probably don't see the point in any of the activities going on inside Wembley stadium from start to finish.
    Exactly. You - not a footie fan - wouldn't boo the team and disapprove of that happening even though you don't support the Knee. Because you're not a right wing culture warrior and you're not racist. There'll be loads like you. For once you are not niche here. That's why I say there'll be nothing like 30% of the population in favour of the booing.

I see little wrong in virtue signalling btw. In fact I see nothing wrong in it. People who consider virtue signalling to be one of the top things to fret about in the world should imo take a long hard look in the mirror and have a long hard word with their reflection.
    Again I agree. worrying about virtue signalling is like worrying about the kneeling. I think it is rather silly and can, in some circumstances, be counter productive, but it wouldn't rate in my top 500 things that are wrong in the world.

I kind of think of booing people taking the knee as being like me, as an atheist, booing people walking into church. It would be pointless, silly and, most importantly, extremely rude.

There is more than enough room in this world for a diverse range of different beliefs, customs and priorities. Getting offended by something you don't personally agree with with shows a real lack of imagination and empathy.

The crowd are having a gesture forced on them in their own environment, and are being patronised when they refuse to kowtow.

It is more like either a church congregation booing Dawkins who has barged his way in an is preaching his opinions, or the a Leicester Secular Society meeting booing a church choir that has paraded in and is walking round singing "Lift High the Cross" (Which has nine verses).

My analogy isn't quite right either, but it highlighs the offence of a partisan political gesture being imposed in people's own environment, where it has neither been consulted upon nor is universally accepted.

I'm not a dedicated footie fan, so fortunately I have not got this pushed in my face.
    That Dawkins sermon would be lasting 3 seconds.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    MattW said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

(ii) Racists.

Taking the knee is what it is.

'I'm thrusting my right arm out and clicking my heels to protest against 'climate change'

'Mate, its a Nazi salute'
  • Options
    Taz said:

Little more than an inter county game
    Because modern association football was devised and organised in England :smile:
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

MattW said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

(ii) Racists.

I would be surprised if he hasn't preached a sermon at some point, and engaged in debates. Many places welcome dialogue with contrarians.

• Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,375
    MattW said:

kinabalu said:

MattW said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

(ii) Racists.

I would be surprised if he hasn't preached a sermon at some point, and engaged in debates. Many places welcome dialogue with contrarians.
    Yes - but I mean the Knee only lasts 3 seconds. It's not as intrusive as per your analogy.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,167
    Thoughts and prayers with the PB Snowflakes who were supporting Croatia.

Thoughts. And. Prayers.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

MattW said:

kinabalu said:

MattW said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

(ii) Racists.

Yes - but I mean the Knee only lasts 3 seconds. It's not as intrusive as per your analogy.
    OK - I get your point.

I was imaging 73 year old lady Churchwardens swinging their staffs of office.

Organists would do that - churchwardens would be slower but more thorough.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,026

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

(ii) Racists.

I can easily believe that figure because I suspect that number of people, encompassing all ages, genders and political leanings, simply dislike non-white and foreign people, or anyone who is an ‘other’. I think it’s probably hard-wired into us as a species, an evolutionary caution. Unfortunately. And Boris, and his advisers, have clocked on to that and are exploiting it successfully. Unfortunately.
    Yes. It isn't open racism. It is subconscious prejudice against anyone who isn't you. The other takes many forms depending on the environment - EU migrant whites, swarthy asylum seekers, various kinds of people from the sub-continent who always get labelled for the post-war country created out of India, travellers, people from the neighbouring county / town/ village.

So of course a chunk of people identify more with the people booing than they do the people represented by taking the knee. "I'm not racist" so anything that suggests my prejudice against the other is wrong. Boooo.

Question - I haven't see this problem north of the wall. I know there are pockets of it but is it widespread as it is in England? How about Wales? Either way, I have too look on this anguish over booing taking the knee as someone else's problem. If booing the Engerland team makes people feel like proper England fans then whatever.
    You haven’t yet heard your fellow Shire residents pontificating about Weegies yet, then?
This discussion has been closed.