Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The public remain very supportive of the government’s timetable for ending lockdown – politicalbetti

SystemSystem Posts: 11,764
edited April 2021 in General
The public remain very supportive of the government’s timetable for ending lockdown – politicalbetting.com

The general public think the UK government is relaxing lockdown restrictions…At about the right speed – 51%Too quickly – 27%Too slowly – 11%https://t.co/CNOtYAHT9r pic.twitter.com/ilcr5CqvLV

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,686
    First!
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,725
    Second by seconds!
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,455
    Turds! (Like the Glazers)
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    Fourth, and just qualifying for the Champions League.

That's still a thing, right?
  • Options
    If the end result from this is kicking out American owners from the PL it will have been worth it.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,419
    We need a thread on Starmergate.... thrown out of a pub no less..

Mr Wishy washy in action... lol
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,025
    MaxPB said:

First!

Sorry, IanB2 will win promotion to the super-poster league due to having more historic comments.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,833

But you can take someone else's football club and move it, as with MK Dons.

AFC Wimbledon say "Hello"!
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 59,015
    The public paused long enough to complete the poll to say the timetable is about right before they welcomed the overnight visitors into their homes.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 19,181
    1st now all the others have defenestrated themselves and gone somewhere Dubious.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,146
    1st like West Ham United.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,767
    The government is having a very good couple of months, no doubt about it. It's hardly surprising that their opinion poll lead is opening up again. No wonder SKS is trying to get into a pub!
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,628
    FPT:

"Westminster voting intention:

CON: 44% (+1)
    LAB: 34% (-2)
    LDEM: 10% (+3)
    GRN: 4% (-1)
    REFUK: 3% (-)

via
    @RedfieldWilton
    , 19 Apr
    Chgs. w/ 12 Apr"

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1384180322120605696
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 48,287
    It's all falling apart. I hope

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m
    EXCLUSIVE: Ed Woodward held emergency briefing with 'seriously unimpressed' Manchester United players at Carrington this morning.
    - Some angered they found out about ESL via media
    - Belief Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was thrown under bus & left to face press
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,833

As long as we finish ahead of Liverpool, I'll be happy :)
  • Options

West Ham can behave dubiously and manage not to get relegated as a result... takes some doing that...
  • Options
    Time_to_LeaveTime_to_Leave Posts: 2,547
    Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m
    EXCLUSIVE: Ed Woodward held emergency briefing with 'seriously unimpressed' Manchester United players at Carrington this morning.

If the fans were in stadiums, tonight would be one hell of a game for Liverpool.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

The government is having a very good couple of months, no doubt about it. It's hardly surprising that their opinion poll lead is opening up again. No wonder SKS is trying to get into a pub!

And calling someone a bigot by the sounds of it

History repeating itself
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Just as well Mr Wishy Washy hadn't ordered a burger...
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

This is why Packer won and this will founder.

Packer got players money they deserved and weren't currently getting.

Football doesn't have that problem, the players already make eye watering sums, the players are not driving this.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

There's a lot of England players in that squad who will be seriously concerned about whether they will be at the Euros or not.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,311
    20th.
    But I still make the Super League.
  • Options

DavidL said:

History repeating itself
    Did he really? It was so word for word what Brown said that I assumed @williamglenn was joking!
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Football doesn't have that problem, the players already make eye watering sums, the players are not driving this.
    Also, social media. Twitter and Facebook are incandescent with anger,. Maybe 1% in support?

So all the players - who like to be loved and popular - will start getting terrible abuse, soon. If this persists
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Daily deaths reported –– 4.

The lowest since 10 March 2020.

Admissions down
    Positive tests down
    Testing up

Probably the best day on the Covid monitor since the pandemic began more than a year ago.

Indian variant incoming....
    Is there any evidence that it's more deadly or, especially, more contagious than the Kent Plague? I've not heard anything to this effect so far. Even so, the decision to leave the border open until Friday, to allow thousands of people to stampede across it before hotel quarantine is imposed, is fantastically stupid.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,600
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

History repeating itself
    Did he really? It was so word for word what Brown said that I assumed @williamglenn was joking!
    Yes I was joking. Sorry for any confusion. :)
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

The Ed Woodward who used to work at JP Morgan? Who advised the Glazers on their acquisition? Who then went to work for the Glazers? That Ed Woodward? Yes, the very same.

Amazing.

I wonder how JP Morgan are planning to fund all this. Selling bonds or some other packaged security instrument on the back of it all I imagine.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    India has finally been placed on the red list, about 2 hours ago. It doesn't come into force until Friday though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56806103
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

If the owners got this far without consulting the players, they deserve to fail.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Also, social media. Twitter and Facebook are incandescent with anger,. Maybe 1% in support?

So all the players - who like to be loved and popular - will start getting terrible abuse, soon. If this persists
    Klopp will be the story later. Anything other than full throated support and it’s headlines. And he won’t like this.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,455

Daily deaths reported –– 4.

The lowest since 10 March 2020.

Admissions down
    Positive tests down
    Testing up

Probably the best day on the Covid monitor since the pandemic began more than a year ago.

Indian variant incoming....
    Is there any evidence that it's more deadly or, especially, more contagious than the Kent Plague? I've not heard anything to this effect so far. Even so, the decision to leave the border open until Friday, to allow thousands of people to stampede across it before hotel quarantine is imposed, is fantastically stupid.
    Yes. Bans should be immediate - not staggered to allow infected people to avoid quarantine (thus essentially negating their whole purpose).
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

The Ed Woodward who used to work at JP Morgan? Who advised the Glazers on their acquisition? Who then went to work for the Glazers? That Ed Woodward? Yes, the very same.

Amazing.

I wonder how JP Morgan are planning to fund all this. Selling bonds or some other packaged security instrument on the back of it all I imagine.
    I'm told that's how they're doing it. It feels like a real disaster idea as the clubs are said to be securitizing future TV rights money to get the cash today. It feels unwise.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 45,193
    UK cases by specimen date

• Options
    Leon said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Aren't the clubs, conveniently, currently calling for a boycott of social media over racist abuse?
  • Options
    UK cases by specimen date and scaled to 100k population

• Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 5,818
    Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Amazing.

JP Morgan actually tapped the markets for USD13bn of senior debt last week....

But all the bulge bracket banks are borrowing big right now
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Amazing.

I'm told that's how they're doing it. It feels like a real disaster idea as the clubs are said to be securitizing future TV rights money to get the cash today. It feels unwise.
    That’s mad! Especially if it’s unpopular and unliked. Any sniff of it being DOA and...
  • Options
    UK case summary

• Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,447
    MaxPB said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Amazing.

didn't we point out that the two clubs that most desperately need cash are Real Madrid and Barcelona?

and the English ones are probably not that far behind if they've lost their match day revenue (i.e. 20% of they usual revenue)
  • Options
    UK hospitals

• Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

History repeating itself
    The reference to Sue was the clue, I thought.
  • Options
    The Betfair to Smarkets Arb on Brian Rose seems to me to have widened to a record - 95 to back, 60 to lay, though I just got 55. 0.5% interest in 18 days for an AER of 11%
  • Options
    UK deaths

• Options
    dixiedean said:

20th.
    But I still make the Super League.

Nope, your founder's rights means the team that finished 5th is relegated...
  • Options
    TimT said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

If the owners got this far without consulting the players, they deserve to fail.
    Who the hell cares what the current crop of players happen to think? If they don't like it, they'll be able to move on somewhere they don't have to worry about it, and there'll be a queue round the block of players hoping to replace them.

Players have always been the least important part of any club. The vast majority are forgotten within five minutes of transferring out.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Revised R calculation

• Options
    28th, but I got a penalty so it is 1st.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,327
    Here’s a problem for ESL. I don’t see how the games can go ahead in this country without serious trouble outside the grounds.

I’ve never been on a demo, but I’d picket the turnstiles and shout scab any scum bags entering the grounds.
  • Options
    The ICC (owned and operated by the BCCI and egged on by us and the Aussies for short term cash) is killing cricket. UEFA and FIFA were already trying to kill football, and needed to be toppled, but this will accelerate it. God I hope Rugby Union steers clear of this sort of nonsense.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Amazing.

Anything that makes me think of Leeds United, Peter Ridsdale and his goldfish, is probably bad.
  • Options

The ICC (owned and operated by the BCCI and egged on by us and the Aussies for short term cash) is killing cricket. UEFA and FIFA were already trying to kill football, and needed to be toppled, but this will accelerate it. God I hope Rugby Union steers clear of this sort of nonsense.

Have you ignored everything Rugby Union has been doing over the past few years including selling part of the 6 nations?
  • Options
    The UK, Spanish and French governments have all come out strongly against this, and the German football authorities are incensed

How does it survive? Can't see it. The teams may need to start rowing back very soon before more damage is done. Pressing on is foolhardy
  • Options
    Age related data

• Options
    Age related data scaled to 100K per age group

• Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,616
    edited April 2021
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

History repeating itself
    Seems @williamglenn was joking

• Options
    Leon said:

The UK, Spanish and French governments have all come out strongly against this, and the German football authorities are incensed

How does it survive? Can't see it. The teams may need to start rowing back very soon before more damage is done. Pressing on is foolhardy

Too late. They have to crack on now or face absolute humiliation. And these sorts of businessmen don’t like humiliation.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Amazing.

It would be more fun if it were the Edward Woodward from The Equalizer
  • Options
    UK vaccinations

• Options
    edited April 2021

Leon said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Klopp will be the story later. Anything other than full throated support and it’s headlines. And he won’t like this.
    Klopp, as in the noise made by a lame horse?

I'm getting my coat before this thread becomes a total bunfight.

It's all @TSE's fault for writing a piece with none of his own words in it whatsoever.
    Endillion said:

Who the hell cares what the current crop of players happen to think?

Footballers care about Wages and Wags.

Especially other players' Wages and Wags.

Now having out-punneted TSE I'm off to find some just desserts.

• Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    MaxPB said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Amazing.

It feels like the sort of deal you get in a frothy market. On paper it looks good. But ........
  • Options
    England CFR

• Options
    I read Crouchie had been appointed to lead the super league task force investigation, but after reading further I realised it wasn't that Crouchie.....
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Pretty much the whole country will be supporting Leeds tonight.

Marching on together!
  • Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 21,083
    tlg86 said:

Here’s a problem for ESL. I don’t see how the games can go ahead in this country without serious trouble outside the grounds.

I’ve never been on a demo, but I’d picket the turnstiles and shout scab any scum bags entering the grounds.

Quicker and simpler to get an online petition of people who wont touch any advertisers of the super league. Imagine that could get to 5 million across Europe within a couple of days if organised by the fans groups.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

History repeating itself
    You are such a reliable source it was taken as a genuine quote

My apologies also
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,772
    Leon said:

I'm sure they knew it would be unpopular, the brazenness of their smarmy justifications for the move indicate that. My hope is that they genuinely underestimated the extent of that unpopularity, and how willing governments and footballing authorities would be to act (if, indeed, they do), and that while they were prepared to push through to a degree, this will end up being too much.

Perhaps they have already crossed the Rubicon and they cannot pull back now even if they regret it, but fingers crossed.
  • Options

Leon said:

Too late. They have to crack on now or face absolute humiliation. And these sorts of businessmen don’t like humiliation.
    If they press ahead I think we will end up with a set of clubs playing mid week European football and nothing else...
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Well the Boris Johnson has banned the right to protest.

You'll probably get a rubber bullet for your troubles.
  • Options

England CFR

Is the CFR uptick due to the vagaries of reporting processes and low numbers of deaths, or is something else going on?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-weight-loss-vegan-b1812467.html

He got the headline he wanted in March, then immediately gave up.

What a charlatan.

It was actually worse than this. He overstated by miles his pre Covid weight - claimed it was 17.5 stones lol - so as to be able to exaggerate to great sympathy how much weight he'd lost due to the disease.

Only Philip Thompson swallowed this - and it ultimately (after a tumble with me) led to him having to make the ludicrous claim that Johnson (at just 5 feet 7) was as heavy as that due to being "all muscle and very little fat".
    You are a liar.

I never said that he had "very little fat" so please stop telling lies.

You claimed that he wasn't fat enough to be 17.5 stone, I said I entirely believe it is plausible he is 17.5 stone. I said he'll have a mix of muscles (which is denser than fat) and fat (which he clearly has) to make it plausible to be 17.5 stone.

And quite frankly 17.5 stone isn't "that" much.

I think he's fat enough to be 17.5 stone, you don't. That's the difference.
    17.5 stone for a short man is ginormous. Maradona at the nadir of his weight problems wasn't much more than that. And I'm afraid that in seeking to explain the inexplicable you did advance the notion of him being mainly muscle. It wasn't your finest hour.

Not that I go on about it to embarrass you. I'm not like that. First mention for at least 6 months.
    17.5 stone is not ginormous. Its obese but guess what so is Boris. Its not even exceptionally obese.

Entirely feasible, he's a fat man who cycles. Entirely plausible he's that fat and you're rather ignorant in thinking he couldn't be that fat.
    It's more than SIX stone overweight. C'mon. Get real. He was never that. He lied about it.
    Yes that's entirely plausible. He's clearly at his biggest been very obese. Quite clearly. Do you deny that?

That gives him a BMI of 36. Obese but not morbidly obese (40+).

Entirely plausible. I would call him obese. I would call him obese today, and he's been bigger than he is now. I would say he's been very obese in the past.

So yes 36 BMI is entirely believable. Heck it could have been higher.
  • Options
    Not interested in football, but I can't see on what grounds you can stop football clubs from doing whatever they want to do.
  • Options
    TimT said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Apparently Ed Woodward met with United's players today. They found out the same way we did.
    Didn't go well.
  • Options
    Endillion said:

TimT said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Who the hell cares what the current crop of players happen to think? If they don't like it, they'll be able to move on somewhere they don't have to worry about it, and there'll be a queue round the block of players hoping to replace them.

Players have always been the least important part of any club. The vast majority are forgotten within five minutes of transferring out.
    It matters rather a lot if half the biggest stars say No, I want to play for my country as well

Leon said:

They are already humiliated, in terms of reputation. Persisting in this will only make it worse

The players aren't keen, coaches are tepid, fans despise it, experts loathe it, pundits decry it, governments oppose it.

I see MUFC shares are falling in value now, after leaping this morning
  • Options
    MattW said:

Leon said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Klopp, as in the noise made by a lame horse?

I'm getting my coat before this thread becomes a total bunfight.

It's all @TSE's fault for writing a piece with none of his own words in it whatsoever.
    Endillion said:

Who the hell cares what the current crop of players happen to think?

Footballers care about Wages and Wags.

Especially other players' Wages and Wags.

and how to ensure they are earning more than those other player's come the next transfer / contract extension.
  • Options
    ridaligoridaligo Posts: 174

The public paused long enough to complete the poll to say the timetable is about right before they welcomed the overnight visitors into their homes.

I find that poll staggering. I simply cannot believe it reflects majority opinion. What's going on? Is it that some people are not that badly inconvenienced by the restrictions or are they simply ignoring them? Or maybe they don't want to register a protest and are keeping quiet in case the government clamps down further? Whatever is going on it seems remarkable that the people's patience is holding firm when we are down to almost zero daily deaths.
  • Options
    Prince William wades in. All we need is the Pope and it's a full house

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge
    @KensingtonRoyal
    ·
    4m
    Now, more than ever, we must protect the entire football community – from the top level to the grassroots – and the values of competition and fairness at its core.

I share the concerns of fans about the proposed Super League and the damage it risks causing to the game we love. W
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/MarkWilsonRadio/status/1384192479134568460

Mark Wilson
    @MarkWilsonRadio
    A really strange feeling outside Elland Road tonight. #lfc fans displaying their banner, #lufc fans in total support. There is utter disbelief here....
  • Options
    eek said:

Leon said:

If they press ahead I think we will end up with a set of clubs playing mid week European football and nothing else...
    Maybe. Or maybe they’d drop the “midweek” bit if banned from their own leagues. I think Gvt will have to be the entity that acts. Judging from the briefing being dished out to journalists they mean it too.
  • Options
    Leon said:

@KensingtonRoyal
    ·
    4m
    Now, more than ever, we must protect the entire football community – from the top level to the grassroots – and the values of competition and fairness at its core.

I share the concerns of fans about the proposed Super League and the damage it risks causing to the game we love. W

He is the President of the FA to be fair.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,249
    Just watched the exchanges in Parliament. The Super League is dead on arrival.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Endillion said:

TimT said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

It matters rather a lot if half the biggest stars say No, I want to play for my country as well

Leon said:

They are already humiliated, in terms of reputation. Persisting in this will only make it worse

The players aren't keen, coaches are tepid, fans despise it, experts loathe it, pundits decry it, governments oppose it.

The cat is out of the bag now. Going back is worse than going on.
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Just watched the exchanges in Parliament. The Super League is dead on arrival.

Yes. The Government has clearly decided to act, and has cross-party support. It’s going to do it, if it needs to.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Leon said:

Endillion said:

TimT said:

Alistair said:

Leon said:

Mike Keegan
    @MikeKeegan_DM
    ·
    18m

Leon said:

The cat is out of the bag now. Going back is worse than going on.
    Going on... how, exactly?
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Not interested in football, but I can't see on what grounds you can stop football clubs from doing whatever they want to do.

Taylor Report?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    TimT said:

England CFR

Is the CFR uptick due to the vagaries of reporting processes and low numbers of deaths, or is something else going on?
    Well, MaxPB has the following theory

- the CFR measures the ratio of deaths to cases.
    - The older groups are now pretty much vaccinated.
    - So cases are going to come, more and more from the *unvaccinated* oldsters
    - Who are unprotected.
    - So more likely to die.

Sort of - the tide goes out and leaves the rock behind....

It's not unlikely, I think.
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    I'm just catching up with the pub story after a day of discussing football. Very amusing of Boris to get a pub photoshoot in this afternoon without any mishaps with the landlord!
  • Options

https://twitter.com/MarkWilsonRadio/status/1384192479134568460

Mark Wilson
    @MarkWilsonRadio
    A really strange feeling outside Elland Road tonight. #lfc fans displaying their banner, #lufc fans in total support. There is utter disbelief here....

John Barnes pointing out it was the big clubs fans that demanded they sign players for USD100m and paid them fortunes to ensure their club won trophies.

Some of the greed is the fans' greed . For glory. Which is bottomless.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Leon said:

This is his latest tweet - pretty sure it is a coded message, it even talks about Gabriel Jesus, Man City striker, and how we should not give up on the game, I assume.

God does not give up. You are close to His heart, you who do not yet know the beauty of His love, you who have not yet welcomed Jesus as the center of your life, you who cannot overcome your sin.

https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status/1384107009117593602
  • Options
    This idea is the least popular corporate wheeze since New Coke.
  • Options
    Brom said:

I'm just catching up with the pub story after a day of discussing football. Very amusing of Boris to get a pub photoshoot in this afternoon without any mishaps with the landlord!

This is Sky's take on it

Pub landlord grapples with Sir Keir Starmer's staff after ordering Labour leader to leave

Sir Keir Starmer has been told to leave a pub in Bath by its landlord over his support for the COVID lockdown.

The incident happened while the Labour leader was on a walkabout in the city ahead of the local elections.

Rod Humphris, landlord of the Raven pub, shouted "that man is not allowed in my pub" and "get out of my pub" as Sir Keir, wearing a black face mask, walked out of the door, with the incident captured on camera by reporters.

The landlord later said: "I had heard that the Labour Party were coming round and he turned up and I told him what I thought of him, basically.

"I think he has utterly failed us as the leader of the Opposition, he has completely failed to ask the questions that needed asking, like, why did we throw away our previous pandemic preparedness?

"Why have we just accepted lockdown?

"Why have we just accepted the loss of all our freedoms?"
  • Options

Leon said:

@KensingtonRoyal
    ·
    4m

He is the President of the FA to be fair.
    Yes, I know. And good for him

Also One Direction REALLY hate the Superleague

Louis Tomlinson
    @Louis_Tomlinson
    ·
    23m
    Fuck the super league and the greedy fuckers at the top!

Might not seem important but...... he has 36 million followers and the tweet has been retweeted 220,000 times

Incredible social media power
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Coke Zero has a new taste - I bought a 6 pack as it was cheaper than 6 cans of Pepsi Max.

I drank 1 can the rest will be offloaded to any visitors over the next few months..
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

I guess the clubs (well, owners) gamble is that its popular enough in Asia that it doesnt matter whether locals like it or not. The other day someone on here asked what is a policy that the whole country would actually support, opposing this is pretty much it.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,817
    Endillion said:

Fourth, and just qualifying for the Champions League.

That's still a thing, right?

UEFA approved their new CL format today, but haven’t entirely closed the door on future tweaks.

“Further decisions regarding matters such as the rebalancing of the access list, match dates, seeding system, format for the finals, coefficients and financial distribution will be made by the end of the year and potential adjustments to the format approved today could still be made if necessary.”
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760

Pretty much the whole country will be supporting Leeds tonight.

Marching on together!

I won't be watching but I hope Leeds win and I don't like Leeds at all. It comes to something when they're not even one of the least liked clubs in the league!
  • Options
    eek said:

dixiedean said:

Coke Zero has a new taste - I bought a 6 pack as it was cheaper than 6 cans of Pepsi Max.

I drank 1 can the rest will be offloaded to any visitors over the next few months..
    A cunning plan to stay safe.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Andy_JS said:

Of course. But others are surely allowed to react and, if they want, put in consequences for you doing what you want to do? I would quite like that new car my neighbour has purchased, but the government has put in consequences if I choose to take it from him.

And yes, that's not an entirely serious comparison, and I take the point that government blundering in seeking to do...something, may not be a good idea, but it seems pretty possible that something proportionate and reasonable could be found to dissuade them from taking this action. They could still choose to do it, even if it is made harder or more costly somehow.
  • Options
    I cannot think of a single event in recent times that has caused more outrage amongst ordinary voters, and the whole political class unite to defend a national treasure, that is football

• Options
    edited April 2021
    kle4 said:

Leon said:

This is his latest tweet - pretty sure it is a coded message, it even talks about Gabriel Jesus, Man City striker, and how we should not give up on the game, I assume.

God does not give up. You are close to His heart, you who do not yet know the beauty of His love, you who have not yet welcomed Jesus as the center of your life, you who cannot overcome your sin.

https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status/1384107009117593602
    Edit - Ignore.
This discussion has been closed.