Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Newly published YouGov carried out a week ago has CON lead down 4%

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,304
    RH1992 said:
    Was this just a ruse by the government? Scare everyone witless about vaccine supplies, and then get credit for solving a non-existent problem when the shortage never happens. The vaccine rollout has seemingly been the one success story of the Boris era, so you can see the temptation to milk it from every angle.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,150
    RH1992 said:
    So it is Pfizer. From the EU.

Hmmm......
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216
    This thread has had its supply cut
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    Cheers, if true that would appear to make a lot of sense.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,150
    Chameleon said:

Cheers, if true that would appear to make a lot of sense.
    Ah, yes. That ties everything together neatly. It is AZ, it is an import, it is not the EU, I shall remove my tin foil trilby

Tho quite why the govt didn't come out and just say this ASAP, instead allowing speculation to grow, is beyond me
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,927

Floater said:
    Remarkably, the proposal comes from the party of Mrs Stephen Kinnock.

Mette Frederiksen is the successor to Helle Thorning-Schmidt.

This is the sister part of the UK Labour party.
    That policy from the Danes is a masterstroke. I believe the Dutch did something similar. If only every western country had, there’d be a lot less terrorism and a lot more racial harmony
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,231
    That is truly amazing news.

Who would ever have thought that git had a heart?
  • Options
    ridaligoridaligo Posts: 174
    Pulpstar said:

Leon said:

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I’ve sunk into a kind of monastic solitude. I don’t do anything except work. Sleep. Work. Go on PB. See my older daughter and her new dog. Nothing else. I am inert. Not especially unhappy. But immobile, and silent

Nothing changes. One day is the same as the next. I feel like a peasant turned to stone for dancing on the Sabbath. The rain falls. Lichen grows.

Yes.
    Apart from the totally anti-social minority who enjoy being hermits, absolutely everyone has had enough of this.
    Even my other half is sick of it and she's way more introverted than me.
    Yep. I am an anti social

Leon said:

I’ve sunk into a kind of monastic solitude. I don’t do anything except work. Sleep. Work. Go on PB. See my older daughter and her new dog. Nothing else. I am inert. Not especially unhappy. But immobile, and silent

Nothing changes. One day is the same as the next. I feel like a peasant turned to stone for dancing on the Sabbath. The rain falls. Lichen grows.

Yes.
    Me too. It’s a horrible grey existence of monotony occasionally punctuated by work.

The weekends are the worst. Every Saturday is a tragedy.
    I'm putting up a fence round the garden. It's a very long fence, which will take me many weekends to complete. It stops me brooding, and gives me a sense of purpose and a feeling of satisfaction. It's keeping me sane.

I'm not suggesting, you build a fence ;-) but finding something fulfilling in which to immerse oneself is one way to get through this tedium.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,076
    Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Much hysteria around vaccine supplies tonight, a bit less about our European friends/enemies I suppose (except from those who personally blame VDL for the letter on vaccines that has circulated tonight).

But why the hysteria? Given the volume of first jabs done in January, the need for second doses in April was surely always going to reduce the scope for first jabs in April? First jabs would only have kept pace with a huge increase in supply. So it looks like such an increase isn't going to happen, for whatever reason, but I don't see this as too much of a setback.

There will still be millions of jabs in April, just that a lot of them will be second doses, surely?

It really isn't hysterical to react sharply to a sudden unexpected drop in vaccine supplies, a shortage expected to last a month, when vaccines are probably are only route out of the greatest crisis since World War 2, a crisis which is killing tens of thousands.

This isn't an unexpectedly lost by-election, FFS

The sudden unexpected drop that it now appears we were told about three days ago?
    It seems to have taken an awful lot of people by surprise, not just professional over-reacters like me. This includes the journalists covering Covid, and members of parliament
    Don't worry, I think everyone is a bit on edge and worried about the first unlockdown being delayed.

On your earlier point, yes I also feel the same. Every single day just sort of blends into the next one, there's a cycle of wake up, work, lunch, work, possible after work sex, make dinner, have dinner, see what's new on Netflix, possible evening sex, go to sleep.
    Weekends don't really exist any more, that doesn't help - it adds to the blurring quality of lockdown existence. The only difference I notice is the shopping hours are shorter on Sunday, so if I am going to do some complex cookery, I need to go out earlier.

The other day I realised I had been in my flat, in London, alone, without stepping out of the front door, for THREE SOLID DAYS. I exercise indoors: HIIT. I have enough wine to last the century. I am a flipping hermit.

Some days I barely leave the bedroom. I wake up, make a coffee, go back to bed, work in bed, message people in bed, skip dinner because I am fasting (losing lockdown weight), watch TV in bed, read a book in bed, drink wine in bed, go to sleep. in my bed.

Repeat, repeat, repeat
    Set yourself a challenge.

How about visiting parks in all the 32 London boroughs ?

There is though a different experience between those people who are still going to work and those who aren't.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,081
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Yes.
    Me too. It’s a horrible grey existence of monotony occasionally punctuated by work.

The weekends are the worst. Every Saturday is a tragedy.
    The weather is part of it. Very different to last March.

Endless cold and wind. Just an extension of February, really. Not freezing, but nasty enough to usher you indoors. And I have walked in enough parks to last a lifetime.

So the days roll by, with an aching slowness. Changeless, and pointless. A quiet circle of Dantean Hell, designed by puritans.

I am enjoying Masterchef tho
    Fantastic day here, nice walk along a crowded Portobello boulevard, a couple of people even swimming. First time I’ve put on the car air conditioning since October.
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,932
    The art of lockdown is to divide the day up into segments. I put on the radio at 8am and listen to Today. Sometimes there is a programme to follow (eg In our Time) otherwise I get up and make a cup of tea and retire with my phone to check emails and PB. Up for breakfast and Victoria Derbyshire. Then daily housework and further internet links. Lunch and post. Netflix session followed by walk. Game session and afternoon tea. Creative hour - jigsaw or reading. Bath followed by dinner preparations, Ch 4 News and evening meal. TV session, usually BBC 4 but sometimes football. To bed for World Tonight. Intermittent sleep. Rinse and repeat.
This discussion has been closed.