Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Boris numbers in these comparisons with Rishi and Keir should be worrying for the Tories – polit

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited March 2021 in General
imageThe Boris numbers in these comparisons with Rishi and Keir should be worrying for the Tories – politicalbetting.com

The above YouGov polling came out last week but got overshadowed by the budget and I think they should be highlighted.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Indeed.
  • I do think Sunak's numbers are going to take a hit following the 1% pay increase for nurses.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Those figures for Starmer should have alarm bells ringing
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Mr. Eagles, I agree, and suggested a couple of days ago that the 1% rise might be an attempt by the PM to take the shine off his Chancellor.
  • It is the incompetence numbers that really stand out.
  • YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    Stocky said:

Endillion said:

So it wasn't Prince Philip nor the Queen who were behind the comments on the skin colour of Archie.

How do we know?
    https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1368912640513302531
    We're eventually going to find out it's some distant elderly cousin who's not technically a Royal, aren't we?
    Occam`s Razor: I`d go 75% they are lying, 15% H&M imagined something trivial they took offense over, 10% something racist was actually said.
    How is that an application of Occam's Razor?

It looks more like Occam's Cutlery Canteen.
  • Mr. Eagles, I agree, and suggested a couple of days ago that the 1% rise might be an attempt by the PM to take the shine off his Chancellor.

But it makes the PM look bad as well, so I rule out the PM for the leak.
  • What I really want to see is the likes/dislikes the party but like/dislikes the leader polling.

Back in 2013-13-15 that was a great indicator that Dave was doing better than the polling suggested.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,747
    Can we expect this level of analysis from BJ’s 4pm briefing?
    https://twitter.com/sathnam/status/1368919165101281288?s=21
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    I posted this last week but it seems highly appropriate to post it here again

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19137056.rishi-sunak-darlington-won-battle-treasury-jobs/

Listen to this interview with Boris and Rishi at the same time and you can see why the figures are the way they are

Rishi just sounds competent.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,392

Mortimer said:

Happy 'being allowed to leave your house for recreation' day everyone

I assume the govt are now fully aware that they're massively behind the majority of the public now, in attitudes to lockdown. My only rationalisation of this is that 'holding the line' on being slow will appease the Nick P's of this world...

Whilst many say they support the caution, the streets are really busy again, the roads back to normal levels, and the vaccinated are popping in to see one another. It was so nice to see multi generational families at the seaside over the weekend. The law went far too far on restricting social contact; I trust that we learn from this and never do it again.
    I think there's now a fair to middling chance that the roadmap will be liberalised, to some extent. There are some glaring anomalies with it already – the massive England vs Scotland football match at Wembley in Euro 2021 and Royal Ascot are scheduled less than a week before the restrictions are supposed to end! That cannot hold, and I expect a fudge at the very least whereby the government calls them 'test events' and thus allows full crowds.

The bigger question is what happens outside the sporting/music arena? I mean, deaths are likely to fall to averaging double figures this week or next. Are we really going to maintain the rules through Easter and April if the numbers are barely troubling the scorers?
    For the first time I am now officially a lockdown sceptic. Id be happy to accept limiting social life to the rule of six outdoors for another month or two, but stay at home orders and only meeting one other person are excessive in the current climate. They are not being followed or enforced anyway.
    The trouble is, while-ever the rules are there, they are cause for the judgemental, authoritarian curtain-twitching we see on here daily. Look at the likes of Sandy Rentool – he spends most of his pixel allowance on PB calling those who dare to sidestep or bend a single rule "dickheads" and advocating punishments that wouldn't look out of place in totalitarian regimes.

It is better that rules, and laws, fit the reality, rather people just saying "oh it doesn't matter because they aren't really enforced".
    Absolutely. Laws should be widely understood, accepted and enforced, bad ones that arent should be removed or changed. The continuous spew of new laws that are infrequently and incoherently enforced brings the law and govt into disrepute. This was a problem well before covid, but obviously covid has made the problem bigger.
    Great post. People cannot be expected to follow the rule of law if they cannot reasonably be expected to easily figure out what the law is.

Tom Bingham put it as 'The law must be accessible and so far as possible intelligible, clear and predictable'.

Constant confusion of laws on laws can make it hard.

Mr. Eagles, it's always worth considering that the PM's also an imbecile. Predicting what an idiot will do can be tricky.

On incompetence: are you confused by how high Boris Johnson's rating is?
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    edited March 2021
    BJ @ 4pm is I hope going to say cases may well rise as schools go back and we should hold our nerve.
    India (urban).

Too much bother to check rural or done separately?
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    This strikes me as a "damage limitation" exercise by Harry.....he turns up and finds out his wife has said what?

https://twitter.com/heraldscotland/status/1368927563196825612?s=20
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,786
    TOPPING said:

BJ @ 4pm is I hope going to say cases may well rise as schools go back and we should hold our nerve.

Cases of republicanism?
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950

TOPPING said:

Cases of republicanism?
    Cases of Tories found in the Conservative Party.
    Boris defies his high unfavourable. Eventually he wont, but itll became while.
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited March 2021
    Some very odd results there, because much as I love Italy, there's no way, even in my very recent experince, that it's more inclined to supporting gender equality than Britain. I think that's why some of these results may be as much about which issues people are most aware of, and regard as needing addressing in their societies, as the current situation. Britain may be moving from a nation doing OK on this, to a nation inclined to doing even more.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,910

Can we expect this level of analysis from BJ’s 4pm briefing?
    https://twitter.com/sathnam/status/1368919165101281288?s=21

Commonwealth means Republic. Discuss!
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,715

This strikes me as a "damage limitation" exercise by Harry.....he turns up and finds out his wife has said what?

If it had been the DoE it could probably have been written off!

eek said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19137056.rishi-sunak-darlington-won-battle-treasury-jobs/

Listen to this interview with Boris and Rishi at the same time and you can see why the figures are the way they are

The big political advantage Dishy Rishi has is he speaks human. Boris speaks scatterbrain rambling posho (the sort of person you don't trust with the microwave as they probably put a spoon in it) and Starmer speaks technocrat (whose answer to everything is more rules).
    That does explain my affinity for Keir.
  • BluestBlueBluestBlue Posts: 4,556
    edited March 2021
    It's also very surprising that the header omits the 'Best Prime Minister' figures from the latest YouGov. Or rather not surprising at all, since they don't fit the anti-Boris narrative:

https://twitter.com/OprosUK/status/1367572927529570304
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,213
    edited March 2021

Yes, it’s quite odd. It is possible to believe - if one cares either way - that MM had a tough time with the Royal F (everyone does, if The Crown is accurate) but that she is ALSO quite cunning, maybe even manipulative, and uses her beauty and gender effectively. She’s quite a successful Hollywood actress, it’s what they do

So it’s possible she blind-sided Harry with this. Or she said it in a way he did not quite expect. Cf her exaggeration about the ‘several’ incidents, whereas, in truth, just once
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,341

It is indeed very worrying for the Tories that their current leader is spanking Starmer's Labour Party by a double-digit margin and that they also have a very popular and respected second-in-command stewarding the economy while waiting in the wings.

What a terrible problem to have... :smile:

Agree. Not only Rishi but Hunt, Raab, Liz Truss would have a decent chance against SKS; and I doubt if there are four or five Labour MPs who could beat any of them as things stand, if Eagle, Cooper and Benn are regarded as out of the game (pity).

Time to bring on Ed Balls?

• MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,957
    What the hell was going on under Cameron that Boris has massively turned around???
  • It's also very surprising that the header omits the 'Best Prime Minister' figures from YouGov. Or rather not surprising at all, since they don't fit the anti-Boris narrative:

Because that question doesn't include Sunak.

The purpose of this piece is to compare Johnson v. Sunak v. Starmer.

What the hell was going on under Cameron that Boris has massively turned around???
    And Trump.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    However Boris is still preferred PM over Starmer overall.

So while Sunak is the likely successor to Boris as long as Boris retains a poll lead he will remain in post
    https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1367527511945535489?s=20
  • Some very odd results there, because much as I love Italy, there's no way, even in my very recent experince, that it's more inclined to supporting gender equality than Britain. I think that's why some of these results may be as much about which issues people are most aware of and regard as needing addressing in their societies, as the current situation. Britain may be moving from a nation doing OK on this to a nation inclined to doing even more.
    I'm always a little sceptical about the international attitude comparison polls (gratifying though it is for the UK to be at the right end of this one) as you are never entirely sure whether questions are systematically interpreted differently in different places.

For example, countries at the top end of happiness polls often have rather high suicide rates. Are we sure we aren't just capturing countries where it is particularly hard to admit to not being happy?

Similarly, I'd be interested to see how far attitudes in vaccine reluctance polls are reflected in actual refusal rates in due course. I'd expect there to be some degree of association, but maybe not all that strong.
    Final thought on H&M

Just realised that both of them are now estranged from their respective fathers. That’s sad. It also makes them a rival to the Royal Family as ‘most dysfunctional royal family’
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,957

Mr. Eagles, it's always worth considering that the PM's also an imbecile. Predicting what an idiot will do can be tricky.

On incompetence: are you confused by how high Boris Johnson's rating is?

It is well known you should never take on an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then win through experience....
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603

It is the incompetence numbers that really stand out.

Yes, but worrying for Boris, rather than the Tories becuase there's at least three candidates jockeying for position that will have much higher ratings on competence, Rishi is just one of those.
    HYUFD said:

However Boris is still preferred PM over Starmer overall.

So while Sunak is the likely successor to Boris as long as Boris retains a poll lead he will remain in post
    https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1367527511945535489?s=20

Given oppositions usually take leads you've signalled Boris's end awfully early.
    edited March 2021
    Leon said:

Yes, it’s quite odd. It is possible to believe - if one cares either way - that MM had a tough time with the Royal F (everyone does, if The Crown is accurate) but that she is ALSO quite cunning, maybe even manipulative, and uses her beauty and gender effectively. She’s quite a successful Hollywood actress, it’s what they do

So it’s possible she blind-sided Harry with this. Or she said it in a way he did not quite expect. Cf her exaggeration about the ‘several’ incidents, whereas, in truth, just once
    Meghan married into the royal family as a great move to go from C list actress to permanent A lister. She could not give a toss about the royal family as an institution and as soon as she could she got out.

Harry still though obviously retains familial ties to the royals and is now having to row back to minimise the damage. However she should watch out, Meghan will likely now have an eye on her next career move, given Harry is now of less use to her give it a few years and she might be looking to get out of that relationship too and do a Jackie Onassis and marry a billionaire and take an even further step up
  • What the hell was going on under Cameron that Boris has massively turned around???
    We did have a PM between those two, you know, who might not be totally irrelevant to this discussion.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

Just realised that both of them are now estranged from their respective fathers. That’s sad. It also makes them a rival to the Royal Family as ‘most dysfunctional royal family’

Harry is also estranged from his brother, who they used to share an incredible bond.
    edited March 2021

It's also very surprising that the header omits the 'Best Prime Minister' figures from YouGov. Or rather not surprising at all, since they don't fit the anti-Boris narrative:

That rather assumes that a piece can have only one 'purpose' at a time. I'm sure we wouldn't have heard a word about it if it were Boris who was 8 points behind Starmer...

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

Harry is also estranged from his brother, who they used to share an incredible bond.
    If there’s a victim in all this, it’s Harry. Lost his mother as a kid in the most brutal, public way. Now he’s lost, in effect, his father and brother as well, and has no obvious future role, once this particular psychodrama has played out.

For all the money and privilege, it is not an enviable place to be
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    eek said:

He sounds competent but a bit lightweight. Recently he’s been trying the politicians trick of keeping on talking when the interviewer tries to interject with another question, but it isn’t working, and makes him sound weak.
  • felixfelix Posts: 15,122

It's also very surprising that the header omits the 'Best Prime Minister' figures from the latest YouGov. Or rather not surprising at all, since they don't fit the anti-Boris narrative:

Well quite - the contortions to which they go to find the negative and ignore the positive is highly amusing.
  • It's also very surprising that the header omits the 'Best Prime Minister' figures from YouGov. Or rather not surprising at all, since they don't fit the anti-Boris narrative:

That rather assumes that a thread can have only one 'purpose' at a time...
    Some threads do, some threads don't.

That's something I've learned from writing threads for nearly a decade.
  • felix said:

Well quite - the contortions to which they go to find the negative and ignore the positive is highly amusing.
    You mean like yesterday pointing out that the polling means that the Tories could win a seat from Labour this year in a by election which could hasten the departure of Starmer?
    Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

Am I the only one who'se been prompted to see what's new for the spring/summer men's range every time I see the H&M references on here?

It's also very surprising that the header omits the 'Best Prime Minister' figures from YouGov. Or rather not surprising at all, since they don't fit the anti-Boris narrative:

That rather assumes that a piece can have only one 'purpose' at a time. I'm sure we wouldn't have heard a word about it if it were Boris who was 8 points behind Starmer...
    But a thread headers purpose is that of the author, never mind if people need or agree with it.
  • TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    DougSeal said:
    This is precisely the point I put to the biosecurity group I am part of. The response I got from the virus evolutionary mappers is that the RBD is both highly constrained and highly conserved with just a very limited set of theoretical vaccine escape possibilities. But the history of SARS implies that this is highly unlikely - at least in relation to the T-cell immunity.
    HYUFD said:

Leon said:

Meghan married into the royal family as a great move to go from C list actress to permanent A lister. She could not give a toss about the royal family as an institution and as soon as she could she got out.

Harry still though obviously retains familial ties to the royals and is now having to row back to minimise the damage. However she should watch out, Meghan will likely now have an eye on her next career move, given Harry is now of less use to her give it a few years and she might be looking to get out of that relationship too and do a Jackie Onassis and marry a billionaire and take an even further step up
    I'm a great fan of Judge Judy who frequently points out to warring families that marriages have a much bigger fail rate than families.
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,008
    In normal circumstances, those numbers would be enough to sink Boris. It's like everyone knows he's a nob but at least he's sort of fun.

He's a lucky general.
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

If there’s a victim in all this, it’s Harry. Lost his mother as a kid in the most brutal, public way. Now he’s lost, in effect, his father and brother as well, and has no obvious future role, once this particular psychodrama has played out.

He seems happier.
    felix said:

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

Am I the only one who'se been prompted to see what's new for the spring/summer men's range every time I see the H&M references on here?
    I suspect so. I doubt many others on here care about cheap fast fashion.
    Mr. Felix, we must be grateful he isn't Prince Samuel.
    edited March 2021

Commissioning some ‘best PM’ Sunak v Johnson polling would be a great way to troll the clown?
    The future is here....

BP has told office-based staff they will be expected to spend two days a week working from home after lockdown restrictions ease.

The oil giant said in meetings last month that most would be asked to work from home 40% of the time, or two days a week for full-time employees.

The new "hybrid" work model will affect 25,000 BP staff, with 6,000 in the UK.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56319623
    kle4 said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

He seems happier.
    Than when? Than when him and the missus were stuck in a palace? Sure. He doesn’t seem happier than, say, the younger Harry in the army. He looks considerably more troubled now. A happy man would not do what he did yesterday.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,720
    felix said:

You are a guest and free to go to Guido should you wish
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,059
    TimT said:

DougSeal said:
    This is precisely the point I put to the biosecurity group I am part of. The response I got from the virus evolutionary mappers is that the RBD is both highly constrained and highly conserved with just a very limited set of theoretical vaccine escape possibilities. But the history of SARS implies that this is highly unlikely - at least in relation to the T-cell immunity.
    I guess in layman's terms there are only a certain number of ways any organism can mutate or evolve before it becomes a different organism entirely.
    edited March 2021

The future is here....

BP has told office-based staff they will be expected to spend two days a week working from home after lockdown restrictions ease.

The oil giant said in meetings last month that most would be asked to work from home 40% of the time, or two days a week for full-time employees.

Is this obligatory? If so this is really tough on younger workers who may not have space at home, and who like being in an office (they do exist, I’ve met some). It means MOST of the week - four days - will be spent at home.

We are rushing through a social revolution without much thought

felix said:

You mean like yesterday pointing out that the polling means that the Tories could win a seat from Labour this year in a by election which could hasten the departure of Starmer?
    It's not always about you.........
    edited March 2021
    HYUFD said:

Leon said:

A run-of-the-mill billionaire is a “step up” from a prince of the royal family? Call yourself a monarchist? Pah!
    eek said:

felix said:

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

I suspect so. I doubt many others on here care about cheap fast fashion.
    Claws in dear!

Mr. Felix, we must be grateful he isn't Prince Samuel.

Not just any prince........
  • felix said:

felix said:

Well your use of 'they' indicates otherwise.
  • IanB2 said:

Commissioning some ‘best PM’ Sunak v Johnson polling would be a great way to troll the clown?
    Right, let me ring Stephan....
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,052
    If you really want good science of lockdown behaviour, go to a Dutch nightclub. They are also testing a few other settings:

https://twitter.com/MrYesWeCan/status/1368820321743212544?s=19
    IanB2 said:

Even more usefully would waste even more of his opponents' time in utterly pointless games.

felix said:

You are a guest and free to go to Guido should you wish
    Much better to irritate on here.
    edited March 2021
    IanB2 said:

You don't think that would troll Starmer more, seeing as he would finish in a humiliating third place? Assuming he didn't lose to 'Don't Know' and come 4th, of course :lol:
    Leon said:

The future is here....

Is this obligatory? If so this is really tough on younger workers who may not have space at home, and who like being in an office (they do exist, I’ve met some). It means MOST of the week - four days - will be spent at home.

Also not good for innovation-based work. There the model is to create a workplace - with common kitchens, eating and play areas (e.g. big-arse TV/gaming screens) - where the kids do not want to do home, but spend more time together in a low stress setting, letting ideas percolate in informal ways. I have seen this very intentionally designed at a couple of computational biology and synthetic biology 'offices'.
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Leon said:

A run-of-the-mill billionaire is a “step up” from a prince of the royal family? Call yourself a monarchist? Pah!
    For a money focused narcissist of course, not for a monarchist

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

Obviously not seen the full thing yet, just edited highlights, but Harry says positive things about Will, and also that he is in regular contact with the Queen. It is his father that is not answering calls.
    edited March 2021
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Leon said:

Many billionaires are little better than merchants, they used to below peasants!
  • maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

As soon as William started to have kids, his days as someone anyone cared about were numbered regardless. After that his options were whether he wanted to be Price Edward, or Prince Andrew.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,608
    edited March 2021
    Leon said:

The future is here....

As I foresaw - the accountants have realised that, just like the "gig" economy, you can pass business costs onto the employee.

In this case, office space.

Bring Your Own. First it was was BYO mobile, then BYPO internet connection, then it was BYO computer - log into a VM on the company setup, so all you need is Citrix et al.

Now it is BYO desk, office space, chair, monitor(s)......

felix said:

felix said:

Well your use of 'they' indicates otherwise.
    Not at all - just in your mind.
    edited March 2021

felix said:

He won't, only one poll has shown a swing to the Tories, all the others still showing a swing to Labour since 2019.

Plus Labour have no one better to replace him with anyway, apart from maybe Burnham who is not even an MP
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    DougSeal said:

TimT said:

DougSeal said:
    I guess in layman's terms there are only a certain number of ways any organism can mutate or evolve before it becomes a different organism entirely.
    Even more specifically, there are only so many configurations of proteins in 3-D space that align electrical charges to create the binding. Change too many amino acids in the protein, you change the 3-D structure of the protein such that it can no longer bind. Thus changes that help a virus evade the immune response are also quite likely to reduce its ability to bind and hence infect.
    edited March 2021
    TimT said:

Leon said:

The future is here....

Also not good for innovation-based work. There the model is to create a workplace - with common kitchens, eating and play areas (e.g. big-arse TV/gaming screens) - where the kids do not want to do home, but spend more time together in a low stress setting, letting ideas percolate in informal ways. I have seen this very intentionally designed at a couple of computational biology and synthetic biology 'offices'.
    Also very hard on fathers of newborns (if it is compulsory). Few people enjoy being trapped indoors 24/7 with a screaming ten month old baby. Yes this is already hard on the mothers, but they have to do the chestfeeding so it makes sense.

This will pile a lot of pressure on marriages and families. It is being done heedlessly, and for profit.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Really interesting. Putting the adjectives in order voters believe Johnson to be a weak indecisive incompetent untrustworthy barely likeable human being.

Pretty much as I see him.
    edited March 2021
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

Final thought on H&M

Obviously not seen the full thing yet, just edited highlights, but Harry says positive things about Will, and also that he is in regular contact with the Queen. It is his father that is not answering calls.
    I watched the full thing. They claimed it was basically the whole family, except the Queen. The "firm" stopped their money, upon which they wouldn't return his calls.

He has now spoken to his father more recently, but described his relationship as "space", he doesn't speak to his brother / his wife, and most recently the family wouldn't talk to them about Prince Philip when they tried to ask.

The only royal he named as having semi-regular contact with only the past year is the Grannie.
    Roger said:

Really interesting. Putting the adjectives in order voters believe Johnson to be a weak indecisive incompetent untrustworthy barely likeable human being.

A weak indecisive incompetent untrustworthy barely likeable human being that they still vote for a lot.
  • NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,346
    Fantastic!
    kle4 said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Leon said:

Many billionaires are little better than merchants, they used to below peasants!
    There weren't billionaires in the middle ages except with inflation in today's terms.

Though even then merchants and farmers were still above peasants just below knights

Leon said:

The future is here....

As I foresaw - the accountants have realised that, just like the "gig" economy, you can pass business costs onto the employee.

Bring Your Own. First it was was BYO mobile, then BYPO internet connection, then it was BYO computer - log into a VM on the company setup, so all you need is Citrix et al.

And it's actually worse than that as it means you no longer have your own space in the office as its shared by other people.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,720
    kle4 said:

Roger said:

A weak indecisive incompetent untrustworthy barely likeable human being that they still vote for a lot.
    Likeable is a huge Asset
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,182
    Leon said:

TimT said:

Leon said:

The future is here....

Also very hard on fathers of newborns (if it is compulsory). Few people enjoy being trapped indoors 24/7 with a screaming ten month old baby. Yes this is already hard on the mothers, but they have to do the chestfeeding so it makes sense.

This will pile a lot of pressure on marriages and families. It is being done heedlessly, and for profit.
    Also not great for anyone starting out in a career and trying to learn on the job.
    Roger said:

People do seem to have strong opinions on Johnson, and mostly negative ones. Starmers problems is not enough feel strongly about him at all.

Perhaps out of lockdown he will be able to make an impact. If not, he is toast.
  • FossFoss Posts: 694
    Cookie said:

Leon said:

TimT said:

Leon said:

The future is here....

Also not great for anyone starting out in a career and trying to learn on the job.
    Potentially good for the regions tho'.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,608
    eek said:

Leon said:

The future is here....

And it's actually worse than that as it means you no longer have your own space in the office as its shared by other people.
    Oh yes, I kinda assumed that as part of the outsourcing of the office space to the employees...

For those that don't know the Joy Joy in question - hotdesking. The morning fight for a place to sit, preferably the desk without the broken chair/keyboard/mouse etc....

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Leon said:

There weren't billionaires in the middle ages except with inflation in today's terms.

Though even then merchants and farmers were still above peasants just below knights
    Not everywhere they weren't. I was thinking of social classes in Japan (as I recently watched a video about the end of the Sengoku Jidai

But thank you for telling me there werent billionaires, which I never said there were.
    Leon said:

TimT said:

Leon said:

The future is here....

Mothers of newborns even more so!

On international Woman's day, it is worth noting how working mothers have been doing most of the home education as well as childcare, and still having to appear bright on Zoom.
This discussion has been closed.