Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The other side of the bet. The ethics of political gambling. – politicalbetting.com

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,582
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:
    It would be well received everywhere outside SE England.
    Not greatly either as the report says outside London and SE England you could only travel on Christmas Day and with no overnight stay, so Christmas Eve and Boxing Day would be cancelled across England and Christmas Day too cancelled in London and the SE.

The biggest winner would be Farage and his new Reform UK Party, a lot of traditional Tories would be furious at this if correct, pub and restaurant owners are already angry at the fact they have now had to shut shop again bar takeaways in most of the country.
    Who gives a fuck about your electoral positioning vs The Nigel.

People are dying.

Businesses are collapsing.

And you are worried about the 2024 election
    Fake news.

He is worried about the 2021 shire elections.

🙄
    But not the 2021 Scottish elections, because Mr Johnson will just say no. Apparently.

Anyway I'm off to do some work. Did @MattW like his pickled herring, I wonder?
    I've been working on that.

I've tried a piece straight from the jar on a fork, and for my palate it is so sweet as to be almost painful, and I'm reflecting one what to eat it with to let me taste the herring more than the sugar.

But I'm somebody who never puts sugar on anything unless it is say cooked rhubarb or unsweetened gooseberries.

Checking, the jars are flagged as 15% sugar.

I did my big veg shop yesterday, so I have some options to play with at suppertime this evening.

I'll certainly try the recipes suggested before, which are all fairly Scandinavian and will dilute the sweetness.

Thanks for the interest.
This discussion has been closed.