Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Leaver or Limpet – How long with Johnson lead? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options

Kenny Sansom diagnosed with dementia at just 62

Sad news and just how long will heading be permitted in football without head protection at the very least

Who?
    Really.

Well known Arsenal player
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

I see this place is even crazier than usual...

It was nice and civilised earlier - we were discussing recipes for scrambled eggs, turnip soup and sheep's head. But a certain poster came back and got all aerated about the god-given divine right of the English to rule the Scots.
    Even invade !!!!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,233
    edited December 2020
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

Well at least the tedium will soon be over. We’ll either get a triumphant fist pumping scene as the deal which most here see as impossible gets down. Or we’ll get an amusing Eyes down the Lens “no deal it is folks” speech.

I suspect I'll be happy either way.
    I suspect you will.

You have out done HYUFD in your blind loyalty no matter what.

Bullshit.

I have repeatedly criticised the government this year when I feel the need to do so and called for u turns.

Plus I advocate Scottish independence. Some Tory loyalist. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
    Much more Machiavellian. You foresee how hard it will be for Labour to become a serious political force again without Scotland, so you’re setting up power for the next ten years.
    Not true, Labour would have won a majority in 1945, 1966, 1997, 2001 and 2005 in England alone.

In 1950 and October 1974 Labour would have won most seats in England and Wales alone.

Only in February 1974 would the Tories have won an election they lost UK wide had there been no Scottish seats and Heath would have been narrowly re elected
    Assuming people would have voted the same way.

You also forget that in Oct 74 and 1966 office and therefore the initiative in timing the election passed to Labour because of a Scotland inspired win (Feb 1974 and 1964, which you forgot, respectively). Without that, they might still have lost.
    Apologies, you are right and I forgot 1964 but even in 1964 Wilson's Labour would also have won most seats in England and Wales combined, even if Home's Tories won most seats in England alone
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,131

Carnyx said:

It was nice and civilised earlier - we were discussing recipes for scrambled eggs, turnip soup and sheep's head. But a certain poster came back and got all aerated about the god-given divine right of the English to rule the Scots.
    Even invade !!!!
    Oh dear, did he say that? I missed it. Sounds reminiscent of the Rough Wooing (which is an object lesson in how not to make friends and wreck any hope of Union).

I'd better log off for tonight and go and read my new book about anti-tank guns (well, the French 75mm ...).
  • Options

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

Well at least the tedium will soon be over. We’ll either get a triumphant fist pumping scene as the deal which most here see as impossible gets down. Or we’ll get an amusing Eyes down the Lens “no deal it is folks” speech.

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

I have repeatedly criticised the government this year when I feel the need to do so and called for u turns.

Much more Machiavellian. You foresee how hard it will be for Labour to become a serious political force again without Scotland, so you’re setting up power for the next ten years.
    A fiendishly clever plan that fails on only one front. Conservative owned no deal chaos will result in a straight fight between Labour and the Lib Dems for GE2024.
    No it won't', the Tories will always get a third of the vote whatever happens, the only way they don't is if Farage's new party overtakes them because Boris does too soft a Brexit.

Labour and the LDs are never going to overtake the Tories on the right, only Farage could do that as he did last Spring
    Good luck with no deal then.

A third of the vote is guaranteed is it? Do you not recall 1997?
    It depends on how no deal pans out, including side deals and agreements throughout 2021
  • Options
    edited December 2020

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

A fiendishly clever plan that fails on only one front. Conservative owned no deal chaos will result in a straight fight between Labour and the Lib Dems for GE2024.
    No it won't', the Tories will always get a third of the vote whatever happens, the only way they don't is if Farage's new party overtakes them because Boris does too soft a Brexit.

Labour and the LDs are never going to overtake the Tories on the right, only Farage could do that as he did last Spring

Yes, the Tories got 31% of the vote, still roughly a third and the Tory and Referendum Party combined votes came to 33.3% ie exactly a third of the vote
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,245

One option for the UK and EU.

Pass legislation to say we're moving back to the Julian calendar from tomorrow, that gives them nearly an extra fortnight to sort out a deal.

Declare a do-over for 2020 as a whole - gain a whole year.
    And get Coronavirus AGAIN! Yay!
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Sad news and just how long will heading be permitted in football without head protection at the very least

He has Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome. Unlikely to be heading related.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623
    A torrid passionate affair at 10/1? Or maybe they will arm wrestle for a deal?
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

Not true, Labour would have won a majority in 1945, 1966, 1997, 2001 and 2005 in England alone.

In 1950 and October 1974 Labour would have won most seats in England and Wales alone.

Only in February 1974 would the Tories have won an election they lost UK wide had there been no Scottish seats and Heath would have been narrowly re elected
    Assuming people would have voted the same way.

You also forget that in Oct 74 and 1966 office and therefore the initiative in timing the election passed to Labour because of a Scotland inspired win (Feb 1974 and 1964, which you forgot, respectively). Without that, they might still have lost.
    Apologies, you are right and I forgot 1964 but even in 1964 Wilson's Labour would also have won most seats in England and Wales combined, even if Home's Tories won most seats in England alone
    And back in 1964 the Tory total included 12 Ulster Unionists then taking the Whip.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Even invade !!!!
    Oh dear, did he say that? I missed it. Sounds reminiscent of the Rough Wooing (which is an object lesson in how not to make friends and wreck any hope of Union).

I'd better log off for tonight and go and read my new book about anti-tank guns (well, the French 75mm ...).
    I jest but not sure he does
  • Options

A torrid passionate affair at 10/1? Or maybe they will arm wrestle for a deal?
    Didn't Johnson go for a walk in the woods with Irish PM and come out with a border down the Irish Sea?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,926
    HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

Last spring was in 2020
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,490
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

Yes, the Tories got 31% of the vote, still roughly a third and the Tory and Referendum Party combined votes came to 33.3% ie exactly a third of the vote
    You can't add the figures from another party to get your side over the 33% mark. That is cheating!
  • Options

Who?
    Really.

Possibly the best England left back of the past 50 years.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

You can't add the figures from another party to get your side over the 33% mark. That is cheating!
    HYUFD can !!!
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,117

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,928
    edited December 2020
    Minor point in the great scheme of things but why didn't Boris get Ursula vdL to come to London?

Surely a trip to Brussels creates bad visuals for his main constituency whatever the outcome.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,520

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
    I think he was before your time young’un.
  • Options

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
    Second most capped England full back playing 86 times for England between 1979 and 1988
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,253
    Laura K - always first with the inside story
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

Indeed. Would have been better off just saying it's roughly a third as it is. The side crank parties are irrelevant under FPTP so it is essentially a third of the meaningful votes meaning that it becoming Labour Vs Lib Dems wouldn't be possible so long as the Tories could remain in the thirties or above.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

You can as the Referendum Party was also a party of the right, my point was the right will always get a third of the vote so the only way the Tories do not get a third of the vote is if they lose votes to another party even further to their right as they did in 1997 and do not make up for it with voters gained in the centre as they did in 2015 when they got 37% despite UKIP getting 13%
  • Options

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

It depends on how no deal pans out, including side deals and agreements throughout 2021
    If no deal results in anything like the Government's prediction revealed to Peston yesterday, it will be a long way back for the Conservatives, irrespective of how they rectify no deal.
  • Options

Minor point in the great scheme of things but why didn't Boris get Ursula vdL to come to London?

Surely a trip to Brussels creates bad visuals for his main constituency whatever the outcome.

A successful deal involves Von Der Leyen compromising which involves her getting authority from Macron etc to do so.

Having her have easy access to her colleagues so that she can manage Europe's climbdown is what we need.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,245
    Carnyx said:

I don't think you need both "god given" and "divine" in there.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,459
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,050

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
    Was before full backs became important. Nay crucial. Side eyes EFC with and without Coleman and Digne. Not to mention our friends across the Park.
    The 2 from '66 are the least known of that team. No coincidence.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,028

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

People group the shares of parties all the time. How often have we heard about what fraction Lab+LD+.... got?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

You can as the Referendum Party was also a party of the right, my point was the right will always get a third of the vote so the only way the Tories do not get a third of the vote is if they lose votes to another party even further to their right as they did in 1997 and do not make up for it with voters gained in the centre as they did in 2015 when they got 37% despite UKIP getting 13%
    No you can't. As a never a Tory voter, you can't claim my vote for the Conservatives when I vote for UKIP!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

No you can't. As a never a Tory voter, you can't claim my vote for the Conservatives when I vote for UKIP!
    Given the Tories got 37% in 2015 anyway, ie significantly more than a third you don't need to, though most of the 2015 UKIP vote went Tory in 2017 and 2019 after the Brexit vote
  • Options
    I mean, what?

Who cares?

What is she supposed to do, wee herself?

FFS I didn’t even know it wasn’t allowed until I read her tweet on here.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Gaming news - Cyberpunk 2077 has got it's reviews out, it looks amazing. From the makers of The Witcher. I'm going to get it when the PS5 patch is out.

“Cyberpunk 2077” wants to be the “Witcher 3” of crime dramas, and it very much hits that high bar in almost every regard. The writing is an engaging thrill ride that’s going to leave you wondering what’s going to happen next. Conversations flow with natural pacing, emotion and wit to stay entertaining and grounded. And they all take place in the evocative sheen and grime of a cyberpunk world. I’d leave a bar in Night City and feel like I spent some actual time in a smoky, low-lit environment for the last hour, having cigarette smoke blown in my face and smelling like whiskey. In its design, it is to 2020 what “Red Dead Redemption 2” was to 2018.

It’s a good thing “Cyberpunk 2077” gets so many details right, because in its current prelaunch state, it’s … what you’d expect from a launch CDPR game. Before “Witcher 3” became the darling of the industry, it was released in a famously buggy state. “Cyberpunk 2077” continues this tradition despite seven years in development, several delays and worrying reports of overtime crunch.

I thought Witcher 3 was one of the best games I've ever played, but I'm waiting until after Christmas when the new Xboxes are in stock again. Hopefully that way some of the bugs will be sorted.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,036
    Unless I'm missing something major, how is nipping into a restaurant or pub's loo a breach of covid regs ?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Unless I'm missing something major, how is nipping into a restaurant or pub's loo a breach of covid regs ?
    You have to order a Scotch Egg first.
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,271
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

Given the Tories got 37% in 2015 anyway, ie significantly more than a third you don't need to, though most of the 2015 UKIP vote went Tory in 2017 and 2019 after the Brexit vote
    More Johnsonian lies.
  • Options

I mean, what?

Who cares?

Did you read the whole story

She took Cummings apart week on week but has been caught out herself breaking covid regulations

Not that I support Cummings one little bit
  • Options
    RobD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

People group the shares of parties all the time. How often have we heard about what fraction Lab+LD+.... got?
    That isn't the point at all. HYUFD claimed the Tories are guaranteed a third of the vote. Now he is saying the Conservatives are guaranteed a third of the vote if I add the votes from as many right of centre parties as I choose in order to reach 33.3%.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,222

I mean, what?

Who cares?

She's clearly looking for sympathy; any normal person wouldn't care less about this.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

If you read the story she did more than that and took a group home with her
  • Options
    What rule has she broken?
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,382
    edited December 2020
    dixiedean said:

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
    Was before full backs became important. Nay crucial. Side eyes EFC with and without Coleman and Digne. Not to mention our friends across the Park.
    dixiedean said:

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
    Hmmmm....maybe, but Ray Wilson was never more than a solid defensive full back. Cohen was much more flamboynt but his career was effectively ended by injury not long after 66.

Jimmy Armstrong and Tommy Gemmell were colorful charismatic fullbacks of the 60s but it's fair to say the role was generally much more limited then.
  • Options

A successful deal involves Von Der Leyen compromising which involves her getting authority from Macron etc to do so.

Having her have easy access to her colleagues so that she can manage Europe's climbdown is what we need.
    How is it easier to communicate with Paris and Berlin from Brussels than from London?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

That was a very bold "look squirrel" attempt!
  • Options
    edited December 2020

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

It wasn't, just the point that a third of the UK electorate will always vote for a rightwing party, so the only way the Tories do not get a third of the vote is if they lose significant numbers of voters to a party to their right without picking enough centrist voters to replace them
  • Options

I mean, what?

Who cares?

She took Cummings apart week on week but has been caught out herself breaking covid regulations

She went for a wee in a pub. Do you think she should have pissed in the street?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,543

Who?
    Really.

Ashley Cole was better, despite being an arse.
  • Options
    Yeh but it was Pfizer's fault of course.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Carnyx said:

I don't think you need both "god given" and "divine" in there.
    Maybe the 'divine' is a judgment on the pleasing way that the English have applied their right to rule.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
    dixiedean said:

Who?
    Really.

Never heard of them.
    Hmmmm....maybe, but Ray Wilson was never more than a solid defensive full back. Cohen was much more flamboynt but his career was effectively ended by injury not long after 66.

Jimmy Armstrong and Tommy Gemmil were colorful charismatic fullbacks of the 60s but it's fair to say the role was generally much more limited then.
    Stuart “Psycho” Pearce is the quintessential English left back
  • Options
    Where Apple lead all other manufacturers follow.

Samsung plans to ditch power adapters just 3 months after mocking Apple over the same.

https://9to5mac.com/2020/12/07/samsung-ditch-power-adapters-after-mocking-apple/
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,028
    edited December 2020

How is it easier to communicate with Paris and Berlin from Brussels than from London?
    Johnson doesn't need to communicate with anyone.
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    He must be really sure that they are not going to. He's as mad as a box of frogs but he is not completely stupid.
  • Options

Kay Burley attended Soho Century Club on Saturday night where a star studded group of 10 gathered to celebrate her upcoming 60th birthday spanned across two tables. When the curfew fell a smaller group went on to the Soho restaurant Folie whose owner had appeared on her Sky show earlier in the week. Finally 4 of the original party wound up at her West London Home

Unfortunately the whole affair was illegal under London tier 2 restrictions
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

It wasn't, just the point that a third of the UK electorate will always vote for a rightwing party, so the only way the Tories do not get a third of the vote is if they lose significant numbers of voters to a party to their right without picking enough centrist voters to replace them
    That being so, you can't guarantee that the Conservatives are the Party of choice for post no deal chaos right-wingers. It could be a more moderate feudal Tory Party alternative run by Gaulle, or we could all go full Yaxley-Lennon. So you argument is based on a whole pile of assumptions.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Johnson doesn't need to communicate with anyone.
    It doesn't really make a difference. After all, I'm sure that French commentators wouldn't be saying "Ah-ha! Once we get Boris away from his London advisors, we can con him into singing up to any old nonsense, just like we did last time."

Actually, that might be exactly what they're saying.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,106
    Why on earth would they have done that?
  • Options

I mean, what?

Who cares?

She went for a wee in a pub. Do you think she should have pissed in the street?
    I think you need to read the whole story
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,106
    DavidL said:

Alistair said:
    He must be really sure that they are not going to. He's as mad as a box of frogs but he is not completely stupid.
    The man has no self respect or dignity, doing all this for Trump of all people. I know people feel they have to debase themselves for politics, the greater good as they'd see it, but have some damn pride, man.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Who?
    Really.

Ashley Cole was better, despite being an arse.
    Possibly. Don't think there would have been much in it. Similar styles in fact, and both had the same weakness- a lack of inches made them vulnerable on crosses.
  • Options

Apparently going for a quick leak in a pub is illegal unless you buy a substantial meal. Time to revive those toilet wallahs who used to sell aftershave and lollipops in fancy pub loos in the 1990s?
  • Options

Apparently going for a quick leak in a pub is illegal unless you buy a substantial meal. Time to revive those toilet wallahs who used to sell aftershave and lollipops in fancy pub loos in the 1990s?
    You clearly have not read the whole story
  • Options
    edited December 2020

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

That being so, you can't guarantee that the Conservatives are the Party of choice for post no deal chaos right-wingers. It could be a more moderate feudal Tory Party alternative run by Gaulle, or we could all go full Yaxley-Lennon. So you argument is based on a whole pile of assumptions.
    It is true that Les Republicains has been overtaken by Le Pen's National Rally Party as the main party of the right in France, at least at presidential level and in Italy Forza Italia has been overtaken as the main party of the right by Salvini's Lega Nord.

In Canada in the 1990s the Progressive Conservatives were overtaken as the main party of the right by the Reform Party (the 2 merging in the noughties) so if Boris had pursued a SM and CU BINO or never managed to deliver Brexit at all that might have happened here with Farage's party becoming the main party of the right, as it started to do when May failed to deliver Brexit as the Brexit Party overtook the Tories in spring 2019, now it is unlikely with Brexit delivered and a hard Brexit on the way. Moderate Tory swing voters tend to go LD or Labour if it is centrist enough if they are unhappy with the Tory leadership
  • Options
    kle4 said:
    Pay all that money for some false positives?
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Gaming news - Cyberpunk 2077 has got it's reviews out, it looks amazing. From the makers of The Witcher. I'm going to get it when the PS5 patch is out.

“Cyberpunk 2077” wants to be the “Witcher 3” of crime dramas, and it very much hits that high bar in almost every regard. The writing is an engaging thrill ride that’s going to leave you wondering what’s going to happen next. Conversations flow with natural pacing, emotion and wit to stay entertaining and grounded. And they all take place in the evocative sheen and grime of a cyberpunk world. I’d leave a bar in Night City and feel like I spent some actual time in a smoky, low-lit environment for the last hour, having cigarette smoke blown in my face and smelling like whiskey. In its design, it is to 2020 what “Red Dead Redemption 2” was to 2018.

It’s a good thing “Cyberpunk 2077” gets so many details right, because in its current prelaunch state, it’s … what you’d expect from a launch CDPR game. Before “Witcher 3” became the darling of the industry, it was released in a famously buggy state. “Cyberpunk 2077” continues this tradition despite seven years in development, several delays and worrying reports of overtime crunch.

I thought Witcher 3 was one of the best games I've ever played, but I'm waiting until after Christmas when the new Xboxes are in stock again. Hopefully that way some of the bugs will be sorted.
    I'm enjoying assassin's creed valhalla at the moment. Not sure anything will ever top the Witcher - but Cyberpunks attention to detail is impressive (i.e. choosing the size of your genitalia)
  • Options
    kle4 said:
    Maybe because Covid was "going to sort of just disappear, I hope."
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Alistair said:
    The man has no self respect or dignity, doing all this for Trump of all people. I know people feel they have to debase themselves for politics, the greater good as they'd see it, but have some damn pride, man.
    Hey, he was Renquist's clerk. Perhaps he's just pining for the good ol' days.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Having ten friends have a meal and drinks in a Tier 2 restaurant (where only one household is allowed per table) is against the regulations.

Bringing those friends home to continue drinking is too.

The toilet is a meaningless distraction.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,117

Pulpstar said:

Having ten friends have a meal and drinks in a Tier 2 restaurant (where only one household is allowed per table) is against the regulations.

Bloody Londoners
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

And going to another restaurant after curfew before taking four friends home is illegal

Her tweet is a distraction
  • Options

Kay Burley attended Soho Century Club on Saturday night where a star studded group of 10 gathered to celebrate her upcoming 60th birthday spanned across two tables. When the curfew fell a smaller group went on to the Soho restaurant Folie whose owner had appeared on her Sky show earlier in the week. Finally 4 of the original party wound up at her West London Home

Maybe so (although I lost track of the rules for groups in pubs long ago), but what does any of that have to do with going for a wee in a pub?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

I'm enjoying assassin's creed valhalla at the moment. Not sure anything will ever top the Witcher - but Cyberpunks attention to detail is impressive (i.e. choosing the size of your genitalia)
    My son outgrew computer games about aged 13. I thought that was fairly normal.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Why are you posting a tweet about her nipping to the loo then ?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

That's it - she going to have to resign from her government position now! Oh...
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Tbf your last sentence is very profound.
  • Options

Maybe so (although I lost track of the rules for groups in pubs long ago), but what does any of that have to do with going for a wee in a pub?
    The second pub was after curfew and she was part of a smaller group who went to it before taking 4 of the group home

She is no better than Rita Ora
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

And going to another restaurant after curfew before taking four friends home is illegal

Well why not post your original story with a tweet something like this ?

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1336050914524868608
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

She is a prominent journalists attacking politicians and others for breaking the rules but it is OK for her to do so

Hypocrisy and double standards and great example
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Why are you posting a tweet about her nipping to the loo then ?
    The tweet connects to the story
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

It is true that Les Republicains has been overtaken by Le Pen's National Rally Party as the main party of the right in France, at least at presidential level and in Italy Forza Italia has been overtaken as the main party of the right by Salvini's Lega Nord.

In Canada in the 1990s the Progressive Conservatives were overtaken as the main party of the right by the Reform Party (the 2 merging in the noughties) so if Boris had pursued a SM and CU BINO or never managed to deliver Brexit at all that might have happened here with Farage's party becoming the main party of the right, as it started to do when May failed to deliver Brexit as the Brexit Party overtook the Tories in spring 2019, now it is unlikely with Brexit delivered and a hard Brexit on the way. Moderate Tory swing voters tend to go LD or Labour if it is centrist enough if they are unhappy with the Tory leadership
    If no deal is horrific (I would be surprised if it isn't) and the ramifications long lasting, it is anyone's guess who forms the next Government. I would suggest it won't be Boris Johnson or his successors' Conservative Party.
  • Options

The second pub was after curfew and she was part of a smaller group who went to it before taking 4 of the group home

She is no better than Rita Ora
    Personally I prefer Rita Ora! :lol:
  • Options
    DavidL said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Games are played by many, if not most adults: my octogenarian step-mother plays bridge for instance.

Computers are just another way of playing, and games like The Witcher 3 are not just games but huge and complex stories that you can immerse yourself in.
    It is also a game which explores themes that are a bit too adult for a thirteen-year old: it has an 18 certificate for a reason.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

Well why not post your original story with a tweet something like this ?

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1336050914524868608
    I did not see that tweet but it reaffirms the story
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,189
    Given that the protracted discussions/negotiations have been as extensive as they have, a meeting between Boris and Ursula can only make progress if one side or the other or both change their red lines.
  • Options
    Farage unsurprisingly comes out against taking the knee

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1336070245098917888?s=20
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

She is a prominent journalists attacking politicians and others for breaking the rules but it is OK for her to do so

Hypocrisy and double standards and great example
    People are hypocrites. News at 11.

It's funny that she's been exposed as a hypocrite but the bandwagon will roll on. People only gave a shit about Cummings because it was a witch-hunt and people hated Cummings already. People don't hate Kay Burley, worst for most probably is they don't respect her and this won't change that.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Give him the elbow instead!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Do you think it's ever crossed his mind that most professional footballers would rather stand arm-in-arm with BLM?
  • Options
    edited December 2020

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

moonshine said:

I suspect you will.

Bullshit.

If no deal is horrific (I would be surprised if it isn't) and the ramifications long lasting, it is anyone's guess who forms the next Government. I would suggest it won't be Boris Johnson or his successors' Conservative Party.
    Unless a third of the population dies it does not matter how bad No Deal Brexit is, the Tories will still get about a third of the vote even if Starmer won a landslide in 2024 as a consequence (which would also require him to win back Scotland).

The only way the Tories might not have reached 30%+ of the vote is if they had never delivered Brexit or only SM and CU BINO and most of their voters had gone to Farage
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Though if Donald asked REALLY nicely...
  • Options

DavidL said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Games are played by many, if not most adults: my octogenarian step-mother plays bridge for instance.

Computers are just another way of playing, and games like The Witcher 3 are not just games but huge and complex stories that you can immerse yourself in.
    It is also a game which explores themes that are a bit too adult for a thirteen-year old: it has an 18 certificate for a reason.
    Don’t recall that stopping him in all honesty. I enjoy bridge and chess but I’ve never got into computer games. Just never saw the attraction.
This discussion has been closed.