Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Could Attorney-General Barr be next in line to be sacked by Trump? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    Great to see fans back.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,036
    edited December 2020
    Alistair said:
    Importantly for US democracy Biden has a majority in the senate.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,135

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Starmer saying just now he will vote for a deal is going to ruffle a lot of feathers in the remain community

'the remain community'

What's this, now?
    Those who mourn the EU
    Probably different round your bit, but the majority of the people in my country are a little bit sad about being forced out of the EU against their will. Whether they're a community or in mourning could be debated I guess.
    We are pure raging TUD, time to get us direct Ferry links to Europe for sure.
    They would be cruises rather than ferries in travel time, and crossing the North Sea on one occasion matched our experiences in Drake's Passage
    Rosyth ferry was excellent G, was sad to see it dropped. Rosyth to Holland is not really longer than Newcastle - Ijmuiden , late afternoon and arrive next morning and saves a long drive, Dover is just a joke given distance. You get a good night of food entertainment and fresh in morning.
    Did Newcastle -> Bergen a few times. A shame it was stopped.

The passengers were a mix of outdoor types from the UK and Norwegians on a shopping/drinking expedition to Gateshead.
    We travelled on that route in May 1964 to Norway (Oslo) on our honeymoon
    When my wife & I are at what is now Sunderland Uni around 1960 a lot of our fellow students used that route to get to and from.
    Lot of Norwegians there then. Very heavy drinkers as I recall.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,995

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Starmer saying just now he will vote for a deal is going to ruffle a lot of feathers in the remain community

'the remain community'

What's this, now?
    Those who mourn the EU
    Probably different round your bit, but the majority of the people in my country are a little bit sad about being forced out of the EU against their will. Whether they're a community or in mourning could be debated I guess.
    They would be cruises rather than ferries in travel time, and crossing the North Sea on one occasion matched our experiences in Drake's Passage
    Rosyth ferry was excellent G, was sad to see it dropped. Rosyth to Holland is not really longer than Newcastle - Ijmuiden , late afternoon and arrive next morning and saves a long drive, Dover is just a joke given distance. You get a good night of food entertainment and fresh in morning.

The passengers were a mix of outdoor types from the UK and Norwegians on a shopping/drinking expedition to Gateshead.
    When my wife & I are at what is now Sunderland Uni around 1960 a lot of our fellow students used that route to get to and from.
    My earliest memories are of a camping holiday in Scandinavia, starting with that ferry to Bergen. Someone went overboard, the ferry turned back, but in the dark no chance of finding them.

• Options
    Tell the French they'll get nothing then.

This is all a farce just for show.
  • Options
    I think it's probably just French grandstanding against Les Rosbifs just before they climbdown, but we'll see.
  • Options
    The problem with France is that it's full of French.

A country that's much too good for them.

If they were honourable they'd honour the Treaty of Troyes.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,832

The French Prime Minister lost his glasses, while he was wearing them...

https://twitter.com/mediavenir/status/1334575900722126850?s=21

Should you ever have the misfortune to wear glasses you'll understand.

Normally I'd oppose the French in all their ways of course, however in this the tables are completely turned.

I'll get some tractors and fill in any Glenn you may have if you persist in this :) William Paddock doesn't have the same ring!

(Seriously though glasses are a major pain, and you're always at sea as to where they are)

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,245
    Ninioiz - formerly of this board - has gone completely nuts on Twitter.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,245
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:
    No he doesn't. The Democrats have the majority in the House of Representatives.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,490
    HYUFD said:

This is just pantomime. Most likely everything's been agreed, and they'll spend the next few days in the meeting room playing cards.
    Indeed
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1334580965075718145?s=20
    LauraK's genius is that she can deftly craft a non-story out of a non-event
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,520

I think it's probably just French grandstanding against Les Rosbifs just before they climbdown, but we'll see.
    I’m just sick of this. Want it over, whatever the outcome is. It’s tortuous. I can’t shake the suspicion that elements in the eu are scared that we’ll be fine outside the bloc, and don’t want it to happen, in case it it weakens the argument for other nations to stay. Why else are the french so worried about our labour laws and state aid? Keep pushing like this and the dear french fishing fleet will get hammered.
  • Options
    That sounds sensible.

Albeit I fricking love mackerel.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:
    No he doesn't. The Democrats have the majority in the House of Representatives.
    Biden has a majority recognising him as POTUS elect in the Senate.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    rcs1000 said:

Not under that name they haven't
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,928
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

Well the govt has opened Pandora's box here.

The plebs will see this as an excuse to no longer self isolate.

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1334543848333332482

Makes one wonder from which countries the cheapest business traveller tickets can be purchased.
    I'm guessing the class of travel wont matter, but you'll need some proof you are coming on business.
    Shapps specified "high-value business travellers" not "high-value business travel", so you have to be a high-value (high net worth?) individual.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193

HYUFD said:

This is just pantomime. Most likely everything's been agreed, and they'll spend the next few days in the meeting room playing cards.
    Indeed
    She's turned into a non-entity....
  • Options

I’m just sick of this. Want it over, whatever the outcome is. It’s tortuous. I can’t shake the suspicion that elements in the eu are scared that we’ll be fine outside the bloc, and don’t want it to happen, in case it it weakens the argument for other nations to stay. Why else are the french so worried about our labour laws and state aid? Keep pushing like this and the dear french fishing fleet will get hammered.
    Just a few more weeks.

The messages are that we're getting closer on fishing, and are now down to species by species discussions in private, whilst the French have publicly thrown their toys out the pram today.

They are probably precisely related.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Normally I'd oppose the French in all their ways of course, however in this the tables are completely turned.

I'll get some tractors and fill in any Glenn you may have if you persist in this :) William Paddock doesn't have the same ring!

(Seriously though glasses are a major pain, and you're always at sea as to where they are)

I once spent twenty minutes looking for mine until my wife told me they were on my nose.

Not kidding. Wish I were.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,556
    What the hell are the idiots who dreamt that up thinking? Even if you think it makes some economic sense, and I'm skeptical it does, on a political basis it is bonkers. All the talk the last week about not letting our guard down, and one last push, and the muppets in goverment are proposing to let a whole load of probably well-heeled people bypass the rules.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    I presume that is parody - the "Sent from my iPhone" is a bit of a giveaway.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

His prescription must be off which is why he didn't realise they were on.

Should've gone to Barnard Castle.
  • Options

That sounds sensible.

Albeit I fricking love mackerel.
    What about kippers! (Or is that just a red herring?)
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Indeed
    Smells like endgame to me.

Choreographed bedwetting is all part of the process.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,561
    glw said:

What the hell are the idiots who dreamt that up thinking?
    Are you suggesting Grant Shapps is capable of thinking?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,106
    Roger said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    MPs should be prioritised ahead of the general public. We disdain them a lot, they give us reason to disdain them, but they are the people we have chosen to represent and govern us. I have no problem in saying they should have a greater priority than many other non-high priority groups, though I doubt many of them will say the same.

But that would still mean most of them are quite a ways down the list, since most people agree on the top priority people.
    Is that a joke or were you just practicing your typing skills?
    No it isn't a joke. MPs share a big part in why they are held in such contempt, but we are also to blame, and personally I don't think there's anything untoward in recognising that they are collectively invested with the authority to govern us. Right when this started I said I had no issue with either Boris or Corbyn getting special treatment for example. PM and LOTO are important positions.
  • Options

Omnium said:

I once spent twenty minutes looking for mine until my wife told me they were on my nose.

I've scoured my flat looking for mine to find that I was actually just holding them.

Once in a blue moon I do actually somehow put them down somewhere and have 'lost' them. Then the issue of course is that you can't see to look about to find the damn things.

Anyway I'll put you down as a subscriber to the filling in of Mr Glenn's Glenn. At least he'll be able to see the results!
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    As Janan Ganesh memorably said when asked why Corbyn’s supporters were so blind to his faults: ‘they really are as thick as pigshit.’
  • Options
    Alistair said:
    Might as well not have the third one. Lets them off the hook by saying in that circumstance they would, whilst being mealy mouthed or crazy in response to the other 2.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,893
    edited December 2020
    Pulpstar said:
    So if they have 11 voters per constituency, how come most (may be all) of the Tory changes in vote levels are multiples of 6.7%, and the Labour ones 7.9% ?

https://www.jlpartners.co.uk/red-wall

So what is the error margin on the numbers in each seat with a sample of 11 ?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    The thing I respect about Covid Data Wranglers like Andrew Neil is the way they memory hole literally every previous tweet they make on the subject.

When challenged they act like they are coming at the subject fresh every time.

Never any mistakes, never any verifiable history. So confident they are in this approach they don't even bother to delete the old posts.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I don't know why Starmer picked this fight to happen now by not restoring the whip once Corbyn was readmitted to the party, but getting it out the way early may be a good move. Who but wonks will even notice it right now?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

@Ninoinoz1 is his twitter handle. He is just a step away from QAnon now.
  • Options
    Did he really change his twitter handle to include his peerage? Oh, Ian.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,399
    edited December 2020
    Foxy said:
    It was discussed.
    Apparently the trend is the Union's friend ©HYUFD
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380

Omnium said:

You could consider this thing?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Orbit-Waterproof-Glasses-Tracker-Rechargeable/dp/B071PBFVKC/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_g1285150262?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8

There are various similar products, perhaps some better/cheaper.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Indeed
    Smells like endgame to me.

Choreographed bedwetting is all part of the process.
    No it just smells of fish!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

Who was he when he was on here? Go on... let's have a 'I remember him. Wasn't he the one who...' session.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

The thing I respect about Covid Data Wranglers like Andrew Neil is the way they memory hole literally every previous tweet they make on the subject.

When challenged they act like they are coming at the subject fresh every time.

Never any mistakes, never any verifiable history. So confident they are in this approach they don't even bother to delete the old posts.

The same as sports pundits. Before the match "why X will lose", 90 minutes later "why X won". And yet you are meant to think their views are insightful. If they were judged on their predictive ability rather than their entertainment value the vast majority of pundits would last only a few weeks in their jobs.

Economic forecasters aren't really much cop either, as I may have mentioned in the past on occasion.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

Who was he when he was on here? Go on... let's have a 'I remember him. Wasn't he the one who...' session.
    Judging by his twitter stream, he must have been completely batshit crazy. Tapestry/The Tap, perhaps?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

The number of times I go to rub my eyes (I know we're not supposed to during Covid) and get surprised when my fingers bash into my glasses, well, let's just say I end up looking silly.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

Judging by his twitter stream, he must have been completely batshit crazy. Tapestry/The Tap, perhaps?
    He posted on here as Ninoinoz.

I actually met him at a PB meet in London, he was a pretty disgusting homophobe, I think same sex marriage triggered him.

I think he tried OGH's patience over his thoughts on the gays.
  • Options
    glw said:

What the hell are the idiots who dreamt that up thinking? Even if you think it makes some economic sense, and I'm skeptical it does, on a political basis it is bonkers. All the talk the last week about not letting our guard down, and one last push, and the muppets in goverment are proposing to let a whole load of probably well-heeled people bypass the rules.
    Whoever dreamt up that policy hates Boris.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,132

Foxy said:
    It was discussed.
    Apparently the trend is the Union's friend ©HYUFD
    Presumably only if you always, always count the DKs as Orange Order members? Which is rather contrarhy to the poll findings.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18914639.scottish-independence-15th-poll-row-finds-majority-support-yes/
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    Sounds like nonsense to me. Who else would police it but an independent regulator? Was Boris proposing Donald Trump or something?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,399
    edited December 2020

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

I think there was a Ninoinoz.
    The name has set off a quiver of Proustian memory of seamy reactionaryism.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,893
    edited December 2020
    MattW said:

Pulpstar said:
    So if they have 11 voters per constituency, how come most (may be all) of the Tory changes in vote levels are multiples of 6.7%, and the Labour ones 7.9% ?

I see. They assumed the above numbers.

They have assumed a uniform swing across all the Red Wall. Is this valid?

That'll work in Ashfield, where an Independent got 13000 votes (27.6 %).
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Did he really change his twitter handle to include his peerage? Oh, Ian.
    I did hear that one former politician genuinely thought about changing their twitter handle to include The Right Honourable or RtHon when they became a member of the Privy Council.

Regretfully their staff talked them out of it.
  • Options

Omnium said:

You could consider this thing?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Orbit-Waterproof-Glasses-Tracker-Rechargeable/dp/B071PBFVKC/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_g1285150262?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8

There are various similar products, perhaps some better/cheaper.
    A friend had one. Kept losing it.
  • Options
    glw said:

This is the old list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

There are loads of exemptions already, not just a few as the telegraph claims. So if we are already letting people in to kill our xmas turkeys, or someone in to direct a TV ad to get us to eat the turkey, it probably doesnt make much difference to add in a few captains of industry. (We will need fewer turkeys anyway as many wont bother in smaller groups and cook what they actually prefer.)

The policy is logically fine but politically difficult. The implementation could not have been worse for the Tories and their one rule for the toffs another for everyone else weakness save have JRM deliver it in a live press conference.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,717

Omnium said:

Been there done that. Left supermarket, realised I didn't have my reading glasses, went back to checkout where I had last used them and asked if they had seen my glasses to which the answer was yes, you're wearing them. They are very weak so have little effect if I walk around with them on.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I don't know why Starmer picked this fight to happen now by not restoring the whip once Corbyn was readmitted to the party, but getting it out the way early may be a good move. Who but wonks will even notice it right now?
    He's done it so that there's a very good reason to have none of the Corbynites in the shadow cabinet.
    It was an opportunistic thing, and he'd never have done it if Corbyn hadn't been so foolish.

My guess anyway.

The Burgons and Long-Baileys of this world are now very long prices to be next leader. They'll just have back-bench credentials.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

I actually met him at a PB meet in London, he was a pretty disgusting homophobe, I think same sex marriage triggered him.

Don’t remember him, if I’m honest. Sounds as though I’m not missing much though.
  • Options

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

I think there was a Ninioz.
    The name has set off a quiver of Proustian memory of seamy reactionaryism.
    Ah yes, Didn't he have Penfold from Danger Mouse as his avatar? (Though I might be thinking of someone else.)
  • Options
    TimT said:

I presume that is parody - the "Sent from my iPhone" is a bit of a giveaway.
    "Sent from m iPhone" is surely the punchline.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

Don’t remember him, if I’m honest. Sounds as though I’m not missing much though.
    He's like one of three real life social paleoconservatives I've met in my life.

The sort that makes Justin look like the voice of enlightenment when it comes to unwed couples and their progeny.
  • Options

glw said:

This is the old list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

There are loads of exemptions already, not just a few as the telegraph claims. So if we are already letting people in to kill our xmas turkeys, or someone in to direct a TV ad to get us to eat the turkey, it probably doesnt make much difference to add in a few captains of industry. (We will need fewer turkeys anyway as many wont bother in smaller groups and cook what they actually prefer.)

The policy is logically fine but politically difficult. The implementation could not have been worse for the Tories and their one rule for the toffs another for everyone else weakness save have JRM deliver it in a live press conference.
    I think exemptions where quarantining makes the activity unviable are appropriate, with other safeguards applied to offset the increased risk. But deals leading to £100k orders doesn't look like a suitably high threshold, nor do I believe face-to-face is the only way to do such deals. It honestly looks like the government has simply given business travellers a route to gaming the quarantining. I would not be shocked to find out that a load of Tory MPs are being lobbied by business groups, airlines, and airports to do something like this.

Politically right now this is almost unbelievably stupid.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,916

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

'the remain community'

What's this, now?
    Those who mourn the EU

That's because Norway has absolutely eyewatering alcohol prices. Back then before budget flights it was the easiest way to get sensibly priced alcohol as the bars on the ferries would be selling drinks duty free. Lots of them would reboard the ferry straight away to complete the round trip. I've heard it was the same with stockholm to Helsinki by ferry too.
  • Options
    MattW said:

MattW said:

Pulpstar said:

I see. They assumed the above numbers.

They have assumed a uniform swing across all the Red Wall. Is this valid?

That'll work in Ashfield, where an Independent got 13000 votes (27.6 %).
    Some will be more, some less, but it sounds like the right ballpark to me, and matches the national polls fairly well.

Where else do you think the seat changes in the national polling come from?
  • Options
    JACK_WJACK_W Posts: 651
    stodge said:

Biden continues to close on 81 million votes and leads Trump by just shy of 6,876,000 votes this evening (UK).

Not much change in the main numbers - in New York, Westchester County has counted 56% of the vote.

Biden already passed 81M :

https://cookpolitical.com/2020-national-popular-vote-tracker
  • Options

RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

Makes one wonder from which countries the cheapest business traveller tickets can be purchased.
    I'm guessing the class of travel wont matter, but you'll need some proof you are coming on business.
    Shapps specified "high-value business travellers" not "high-value business travel", so you have to be a high-value (high net worth?) individual.
    So a fortnight of winter business in Gstad is OK, but a week of doing the business in Magaluf is not.
  • Options
    glw said:

glw said:

This is the old list.

I think exemptions where quarantining makes the activity unviable are appropriate, with other safeguards applied to offset the increased risk. But deals leading to £100k orders doesn't look like a suitably high threshold, nor do I believe face-to-face is the only way to do such deals. It honestly looks like the government has simply given business travellers a route to gaming the quarantining. I would not be shocked to find out that a load of Tory MPs are being lobbied by business groups, airlines, and airports to do something like this.

https://twitter.com/alexmassie/status/1334599138932088833?s=20
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

I don't remember him. When was he active on here?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,189

glw said:

glw said:

This is the old list.

Grant Spiv was an appellation we used to see here.
    God help us.

• Options
    kle4 said:

Roger said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:
    MPs should be prioritised ahead of the general public. We disdain them a lot, they give us reason to disdain them, but they are the people we have chosen to represent and govern us. I have no problem in saying they should have a greater priority than many other non-high priority groups, though I doubt many of them will say the same.

But that would still mean most of them are quite a ways down the list, since most people agree on the top priority people.
    No it isn't a joke. MPs share a big part in why they are held in such contempt, but we are also to blame, and personally I don't think there's anything untoward in recognising that they are collectively invested with the authority to govern us. Right when this started I said I had no issue with either Boris or Corbyn getting special treatment for example. PM and LOTO are important positions.
    Given the number of people an MP meets on a daily basis they are probably at serious risk of becoming super-spreaders, so vaccinating them is a good idea: think about how many of them have already had it.

If they do get them I would want it to be public though: nothing more likely to convince everyone the vaccine is safe than seeing the House of Commons all lining up for their jabs.
  • Options

glw said:

glw said:

This is the old list.

In Asian airports they are CIPs - Commercially Important People.

At least that would have some precedence.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Roger said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Given the number of people an MP meets on a daily basis they are probably at serious risk of becoming super-spreaders, so vaccinating them is a good idea: think about how many of them have already had it.

If they do get them I would want it to be public though: nothing more likely to convince everyone the vaccine is safe than seeing the House of Commons all lining up for their jabs.
    They'll get them in line with their age/health brackets and nothing more, I am sure. Even if they agreed with me they'd be terrified of the press reaction.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    "Crooked Dems shut down INVESTIGATION inTO election FRAUD"!
  • Options
    kjh said:

Omnium said:

Been there done that. Left supermarket, realised I didn't have my reading glasses, went back to checkout where I had last used them and asked if they had seen my glasses to which the answer was yes, you're wearing them. They are very weak so have little effect if I walk around with them on.
    Not as bad as texting someone to see if they've seen your phone...
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,927
    JACK_W said:

stodge said:

Biden continues to close on 81 million votes and leads Trump by just shy of 6,876,000 votes this evening (UK).

Not much change in the main numbers - in New York, Westchester County has counted 56% of the vote.

Biden already passed 81M :

https://cookpolitical.com/2020-national-popular-vote-tracker
    Yes, I'm using CBS News as it provides detail on the Counties and the percentage of votes counted.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,702
    edited December 2020

Scott_xP said:
    Sounds like nonsense to me. Who else would police it but an independent regulator? Was Boris proposing Donald Trump or something?
    Surely an independent regulator was a UK demand, rather than the ECJ. Have I got this wrong?
  • Options

kle4 said:

Roger said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

I want to see them back in Parliament to sort out all the crap heading our way. Somethings just cannot be done on Zoom.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I note, entirely randomly, that Trump lost Orange County California by a larger margin than he did in 2016.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

Scott_xP said:
    Surely an independent regulator was a UK demand, rather than the ECJ. Have I got this wrong?
    Yeah, I had thought the sticking point was that the EU wanted the ECJ to adjudicate, and the UK wanted an independent body.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Roger said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

They'll get them in line with their age/health brackets and nothing more, I am sure. Even if they agreed with me they'd be terrified of the press reaction.
    You are probably right that will happen but one does wonder if alternatives to the published priority list were ever considered, such as prioritise potential superspreaders, or do the easiest ones first, or start in the highest incidence areas up north.
  • Options

kjh said:

Omnium said:

I am always having to phone Mrs Foxy so she can find her phone. Just as well she has never found how to silence it.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,336
    edited December 2020
    So what are the odds on still millions in the UK to vaccinate this time next year (excluding the likes of Piers Corbyn obviously)?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

I think you are overanalysing the tweet.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,520
    Slightly disappointing, but who wouldn’t have taken 5 million doses in arms by 31st dec 2020 at the start of the week?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

kjh said:

Omnium said:

I am always having to phone Mrs Foxy so she can find her phone. Just as well she has never found how to silence it.
    I have the opposite problem -- accidentally silencing my phone by hitting a badly-placed switch when picking it up. I'm not entirely sure it doesn't silence itself when bouncing around in my pocket.
  • Options

So what are the odds on still millions in the UK to vaccinate this time next year (excluding the likes of Piers Corbyn obviously)?

There are millions of children under 11, and I'm not sure the vaccine has even been tested on them, so its a certainty.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    No adjudicator > independent adjudicator > No deal > ECJ
  • Options
    That was a rare mis-step. The EU Commission today were also sensible in reacting to Williamson, unlike the EMA and some EU politicians yesterday
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    which lucky department will get him after the new year reshuffle?
This discussion has been closed.