Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

WH2020 – With the counts continuing in several key states Biden is not yet claiming victory – politi

Comments

• Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,007
    Desperate times (for Trump) calls for desperate measures
  • Options
    Who's surprised that Trump is a sore loser instead of gracious in defeat?

Anyone?
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,796

You really wouldn't want to be one of Trump's lawyers, would you?

No shortage of work though.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,053
    Alistair said:

MikeL said:

PA just reported:

Biden 11,866
    Trump 1,114

Who could have seen this coming?

Literally no one.

:D

• Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081

kamski said:

felix said:

Cicero said:

Cicero said:

Cicero said:

Cicero said:

If I understand this right, then if Trump holds PA and AZ then he wins? Its all down to PA now?

Yes that’s right re winning. But if Biden gets AZ and NV he doesn’t need PA.

GA is the wildcard - If Biden gets that he doesn’t need 1 of AZ or NV - who knows where it’s at on that front. Hearing different things!
    Then maybe we should be topping up on Trump? GA not flipping and AZ still in play. This is still not over?
    Is there a small chance Trump could sneak through? Perhaps, but unlikely. He needs a lot to fall his way. Might be worth a flutter but DYOR.
    Obviously this is on my personal fear that the ogre isn´t dead- But the problem is, as I see it, that he in fact he actually is still very much alive. Georgia was flipping, but now that looks unlikely, AZ was Biden, but now isn´t, so whats to say that PA doesn´t flip either? Obviously this is down to a very few thousand, and it seems to me that Trump is value if such a small gap is still out there (even before we look to snookers in recounts or the courts). Any comfort or thoughts?
    So my understanding of all of them at this point is:

GA - too close to call. See update above from Nate Silver.

NV - probably expected Dem. My understanding is the ballots to be counted come mainly from Clark which is a big Dem area.

AZ - again the remaining ballots are generally more from Dem areas. But Trump does better here than mail ins elsewhere. So it is looking likely Dem but there is a risk it falls the wrong way.

PA - the Biden camp seem very optimistic here, nothing but good mood music. The way the results are breaking suggests that on current trends he’s done enough to have a small but ok lead. We just can’t be sure how much yet. Some are saying tens of thousands, others 100k+.

All in all I can’t really see a huge path opening up suddenly for Trump.
    Thanks... As others have said it really is ridiculous that when the popular vote is so clear that the result is still so much in doubt. It seems to me the real price should be closer to evens than the current market, but I wonder what would trigger the unwind under the current scenarios you name. If AZ and NV called for Trump before PA, I guess that would do it.
    Not ridiculous if you understand the basis of the US system for electing a President. You may not like it but it is designed to give more weight to small States.
    Many people understand (god knows it is repeated often enough on here!) the "basis bla bla bla" and still find it indefensibly ridiculous.
    It is people who say that small states don't matter in the USA, but are supporters of the EU, where Luxembourg gets a veto, that I don't understand.
    I voted remain, but am not a supporter of the EU, I just think on balance it is better to be in than out. I would prefer Luxembourg had less relative power. It seems you are confusing wanting to be in the EU, with agreeing exactly how it is structured and operates which would be an extremely niche position held by very few.
    A voice of a moderate British Remainer, a voice from which we hear far too little.

Thank you, and that's a perfectly reasonable position to have.
    🙄 That's the position of most "Remainers".
    It isn't in your case, sadly.
    Yes, it is. It's exactly what I think. You just categorise all "Remainers" into one "identity politics" block, exactly like the people you detest.
    Nope, wrong. There are pragmatic Remainers, and there are intolerant Remoaners.

You are one of the latter - I've never read you couch your views as per the former.

You're too emotional.
    I won't take lectures on being "emotional" from you, as you're the most emotional person on here. You get upset when someone posts an EU flag emoji.

I'm not even a "Remainer" any more. We're out of the EU and that's that. I've moved on, you clearly haven't.
    Lol. You are young. You might grow up one day. Until then it's a waste of my time engaging with you.

Back to the betting..
    🙄 Thanks for proving my point.
  • Options
    Mal557Mal557 Posts: 662
    This update will remind me to check Jon Ralstons twitter more often than every few hours! Last night all very positive on what's outstanding. An hour ago, he's far less certain about NV now the figures on what exactly is left to count (rather than assumed figures) have been given out. His thread explains exactly how things stand
    https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1324369122533142528
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,313
    PA confirming they will declare a result “today”. Remembering it’s coming up to midday there now.
  • Options

Nope. I'd run a mile.
  • Options
    I think Trump and Brexit 2016 shows just how fair our democracies are, relatively speaking.

In both instances there was every reason for a "rig" conspiracy to take wind, particularly since the Establishment was so clearly wanting Hillary and Remain. Indeed, I saw several Leave voters go into polling stations with pens convinced that MI5 would otherwise change their pencil votes, and determined to make their mark. In the USA, others though that Trump would be obstructed by the Republican and Democratic establishments co-operating to block him.

In reality, both won through relatively small-ish margins (which is where you'd expect fraud to be mostly effective, since you can massage and disguise it and argue it is MoE) but in both cases all the votes were fairly counted and the narrow victories recorded and held.

That gave me renewed confidence in the power of democracy in the UK and USA (you can really vote for anything, and you will get it) which is why Trump should stop his BS now and gracefully concede.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Someone will have to put their actual claims on a legally binding document soon.
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

This update will remind me to check Jon Ralstons twitter more often than every few hours! Last night all very positive on what's outstanding. An hour ago, he's far less certain about NV now the figures on what exactly is left to count (rather than assumed figures) have been given out. His thread explains exactly how things stand

It mentions Biden underperforming in Clark County, on an earlier message I explained the issue of the Latino vote there voting Trump due to issues with tourism/covid factors
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

PA confirming they will declare a result “today”. Remembering it’s coming up to midday there now.

I thought the key person in a key county had taken the day off.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,067

Well, you would be wise to request payment up front, but no shortage of business...
  • Options
    Alleghany County (Pittsburgh) paused for today due to legal challenge.

Only in America.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Wut, that's impossible given that ballots can arrive until Friday and some counties are holding off counting until Friday.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,293

Endillion said:

Am I being fair if I say that Biden's "achievement" so far is achieving miniscule swings in WI and MI, a slightly bigger step forward in Georgia and Texas (the latter being irrelevant in the grand scheme of things) and going backwards in Florida and possibly Nevada?

I know he's facing an incumbent rather than another challenger, but he doesn't seem to be doing materially better than Hillary, all things considered.

He's doing materially better than Hillary in the sense he's campaiged and won voters where it counts, and is therefore going to be President, but it's not really a slam dunk for the Democrats.
    And another hugely notable aspect is that Republican senators are outperforming Donald Trump. He's a liability not an asset. Obvious really (except to HYUFD - sorry don't mean that to be caustic).
    If I was an American in a swing state I'd be tempted by Biden, but I'd definitely vote Republican for the House and possibly for the Senate too, depending on the candidate.

I can't stand Nancy Pelosi, who's a very left-wing San Francisco Liberal. It'd be like me voting for Glenda Jackson.
    TEMPTED?

C'mon.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,067
    Is Trump really saying they need to go to court based on FAKE NEWS ??
  • Options
    Alistair said:

IanB2 said:

Wut, that's impossible given that ballots can arrive until Friday and some counties are holding off counting until Friday.
    I think Ian misunderstood. What was said was they're expecting most results today.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    edited November 2020
    Omnium said:

Client: sue everyone!
    You: you know you'll almost certainly lose and even if you won it wouldn't be enough to swing enough states in your favour right?
    Client: just sue dammit.
    You: okay, the bill's the same.
    *sues*
    *loses*
    You: here's the bill

Edited for html
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031
    If Biden does win Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania, then those challenges will end up being slapped down pretty quickly. No one is going to want to be associated with an obvious loser (except Rudy Guiliani, of course).

It's much more of an issue if there's just one state in it.
  • Options
    Trump just looks like a sore loser now. And I feel he will look like that not just to almost all Democratic voters, but also to a meaningful percentage of Republican voters.

• Options

Andy_JS said:

Pennsylvania: Biden just picked up about 12,000 votes to 1,000 votes for Trump.

Clearly the deep state stuffing ballot...
    If the Deep State really existed then Trump wouldn't have survived to election day.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:
    The person going for assisted dying will not infect anyone else with assisted dying. Is Hitchens really unable to understand the issue on infection and spread?
    QTWTAIY is I think the term...
  • Options
    Allengheny County stops counting today because of a legal challenge.

FFS.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

Am I being fair if I say that Biden's "achievement" so far is achieving miniscule swings in WI and MI, a slightly bigger step forward in Georgia and Texas (the latter being irrelevant in the grand scheme of things) and going backwards in Florida and possibly Nevada?

I know he's facing an incumbent rather than another challenger, but he doesn't seem to be doing materially better than Hillary, all things considered.

He's doing materially better than Hillary in the sense he's campaiged and won voters where it counts, and is therefore going to be President, but it's not really a slam dunk for the Democrats.
    And another hugely notable aspect is that Republican senators are outperforming Donald Trump. He's a liability not an asset. Obvious really (except to HYUFD - sorry don't mean that to be caustic).
    If I was an American in a swing state I'd be tempted by Biden, but I'd definitely vote Republican for the House and possibly for the Senate too, depending on the candidate.

I can't stand Nancy Pelosi, who's a very left-wing San Francisco Liberal. It'd be like me voting for Glenda Jackson.
    TEMPTED?

C'mon.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    edited November 2020

GA Biden trails 18k

Fulton should bring it down to 10k or 11k

Clayton provides another 5k reduction off the total in its 7k

Chatham 3k or 4k reduction

So we have
    18-10-5-4 = -1

Biden ahead after those 3 imo

Other counties have 27 k votes as they are mail likely bidens gaining those

Biden by more than 5k overall

Right Fulton just submitted 6k out of its 11k it reduced the lead by 3800 i forecast in this post earlier the full 11k would impact the lead by 7k to 8k bringing lead to 10k or 11k pretty much spot on.

• Options
    Scott_xP said:

Well, you would be wise to request payment up front, but no shortage of business...
    And a presidential pardon for any crimes that you might be asked to commit!
  • Options
    Drutt said:

Omnium said:

Client: sue everyone!
    You: you know you'll almost certainly lose and even if you won it wouldn't be enough to swing enough states in your favour right?
    Client: just sue dammit.
    You: okay, the bill's the same.

You: here's the bill
    Here's the thing.

The Republican Party won't want to waste its precious financial resources on an obviously doomed court case. They'll say "Mr Trump, if you want to pay for it, go for it". That will require Trump to tap his own supporters (as he avoids spending his own money as much as possible).
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892

I think Trump and Brexit 2016 shows just how fair our democracies are, relatively speaking.

In both instances there was every reason for a "rig" conspiracy to take wind, particularly since the Establishment was so clearly wanting Hillary and Remain. Indeed, I saw several Leave voters go into polling stations with pens convinced that MI5 would otherwise change their pencil votes, and determined to make their mark. In the USA, others though that Trump would be obstructed by the Republican and Democratic establishments co-operating to block him.

In reality, both won through relatively small-ish margins (which is where you'd expect fraud to be mostly effective, since you can massage and disguise it and argue it is MoE) but in both cases all the votes were fairly counted and the narrow victories recorded and held.

That gave me renewed confidence in the power of democracy in the UK and USA (you can really vote for anything, and you will get it) which is why Trump should stop his BS now and gracefully concede.

Don't be daft! Its not the establishment counting votes or checking them. And if it was they'd only get Dido to fix it and where would that get them!
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,731
    edited November 2020
    Nigelb said:

Drutt said:

I reckon provisionals > margin of victory in GA.

Not a happy position.

It's not a big deal, as they will be the most scrutinised of all the votes cast.
    Here's the Georgia code, which sets a three day post election deadline for determining the status of each provisional ballot:
    https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-21/chapter-2/article-11/part-1/section-21-2-419/

(A law brought in by the Republican legislature.)
    Absentee ballots which fall within the provisional ballot definition:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2014/title-21/chapter-2/article-10/section-21-2-386/
    (D) An elector who registered to vote by mail, but did not comply with subsection (c) of Code Section 21-2-220, and who votes for the first time in this state by absentee ballot shall include with his or her application for an absentee ballot or in the outer oath envelope of his or her absentee ballot either one of the forms of identification listed in subsection (a) of Code Section 21-2-417 or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of such elector. If such elector does not provide any of the forms of identification listed in this subparagraph with his or her application for an absentee ballot or with the absentee ballot, such absentee ballot shall be deemed to be a provisional ballot and such ballot shall only be counted if the registrars are able to verify current and valid identification of the elector as provided in this subparagraph within the time period for verifying provisional ballots pursuant to Code Section 21-2-419.

The percentage of these which end up getting validated by tomorrow's deadline is possibly quite small.
  • Options

GA Biden trails 18k

Fulton should bring it down to 10k or 11k

Clayton provides another 5k reduction off the total in its 7k

Chatham 3k or 4k reduction

So we have
    18-10-5-4 = -1

Biden ahead after those 3 imo

Other counties have 27 k votes as they are mail likely bidens gaining those

Biden by more than 5k overall

Right Fulton just submitted 6k out of its 11k it reduced the lead by 3800 i forecast in this post earlier the full 11k would impact the lead by 7k to 8k bringing lead to 10k or 11k pretty much spot on.

Yup, you are on track so far I think.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,526
    edited November 2020

Andy_JS said:
    The person going for assisted dying will not infect anyone else with assisted dying. Is Hitchens really unable to understand the issue on infection and spread?
    Peter Hitchens really is dumb as a box of rocks.

Here's one of his other pandemic related bests.

https://twitter.com/ClarkeMicah/status/1258671902329114624

No wonder the gullible believe his polemics.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,365
    edited November 2020
    alex_ said:

Seems fair enough. Must be a reasonable chance that Trump shafted him at some point.
    There are replies to that Twitter thread that suggest an identity mix up with a younger person of the same name. It's being challenged and investigated. The system is working, this is not evidence of widespread fraud, but of the contrary. See:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Jay_Swizzzy/status/1324327801596583936
    (And other tweets in the thread)
  • Options

kinabalu said:

rcs1000 said:

So, how do we think it'd be going if Hillary had been reselected?

I think whoever got the nomination in 2020 (probably not D Trump) would be cruising to victory.
    Given how narrow the margins are in WI, MI and PA (where Biden has home state advantage) I think she'd have lost in the rust belt again but with an even bigger national vote lead discrepancy.
    My previous view was that she would have beaten Trump this time. But what this election has told me is that although I was right to say he was toast, I was (sadly) wrong to expect a landslide rejection of him. I underestimated his enduring appeal. So what I now think is that most Dem candidates other than Biden would have lost on Tuesday and this includes Hillary.
    From what I saw of him on the stump I should say Buttigieg would have been a better choice. Maybe Klobuchar too but I understand she had 'baggage'.
    Warren would imo have made the best president but as a candidate Bernie is the interesting one to me. The consensus view outside the Left is that he would have crashed and burned. Frightened too many horses. But I'm not so sure. He has big charisma, blue collar appeal, and his aura is very much not that of snotty condescending liberal.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

If the Deep State really existed then Trump wouldn't have survived to election day.
    True, he's a great argument for instituting the Deep State.
  • Options

Only in America.

The lawyer teams have agreed not to count 29,000 of their votes until tomorrow; they appear to have been second ballot papers issued to people whose initial paper was incorrect in some way. They’ll be counted tomorrow.

They also have 6,000 ballots that are too creased to go through their counting machine, and they will be counted by hand tomorrow.

Nevertheless PA seems confident they will declare today. This suggests they know that Biden will win by more than this 35,000 across PA as a whole
  • Options
    Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

It mentions Biden underperforming in Clark County, on an earlier message I explained the issue of the Latino vote there voting Trump due to issues with tourism/covid factors
    I think Nevada is leans Republican.
    North Carolina is likely Republican.
    Georgia is leans Democrat
    Arizona is likely Democrat
    Pennsylvania is likely Democrat.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Only in America.

The lawyer teams have agreed not to count 29,000 of their votes until tomorrow; they appear to have been second ballot papers issued to people whose initial paper was incorrect in some way. They’ll be counted tomorrow.

They also have 6,000 ballots that are too creased to go through their counting machine, and they will be counted by hand tomorrow.

Nevertheless PA seems confident they will declare today. This suggests they know that Biden will win by more than this 35,000 across PA as a whole
    Yes, on current rates, Philly and environs plus change from the backwoods will pretty roll him home regardless of the hold up in Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    If that's the final result, that's got to hurt!

Though little doubt surely that he'll win the run off.
  • Options
    Due to suboptimal trading I have twenty pounds on the Dems to win Georgia to get two pounds fifty back.

So the news is quite encouraging at the moment.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    edited November 2020

Brexit was not anti-establishment. It was at best a battle between establishments. The old vs. the new. The old won.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020

Andy_JS said:

That's what the Deep State want you to think....taps nose...
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Due to suboptimal trading I have twenty pounds on the Dems to win Georgia to get two pounds fifty back.

Dems are 1.68 now.

One piece of bad news for Dems from Fulton County was that they currently have zero military ballots although they can come in up to Tuesday
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

I think you could be right.

Would be exactly 300 in the Electoral College if you are right.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,942
    Imagine how much everyone would be sweating if GA was worth 20 ECVs and PA 16.

Quite relieving it's the other way round.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

I would lose my bet with HYUFD if that comes in so I hope its not right.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Senate up for grabs. Biden coat-tail effect could be a factor in that race?
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

Agree with that ex-AZ
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,135
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,855

With only 2.3% between them, I'd say there is some doubt, but Perdue would certainly be favourite.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Hang on in there brother.
  • Options
    Hurrah, I like it when people call it Côte d’Ivoire.

https://twitter.com/JamesDuddridge/status/1324395533180510210
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,488
    edited November 2020
    What the heck have they been doing for 24 hours if it’s not all coming now?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    Scott_xP said:
    Oh Dear - does that mean the whole Philadelphia count has been halted?

Nothing said on CNN.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    It'll be because the MAGA mob is from Florida I think you have to be PA to be in a PA count.
  • Options
    MrEd said:

rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

Agree with that ex-AZ
    I agree exc NV
  • Options
    Of course, a double run off in Georgia for control of the Senate. That's exactly what 2020 needed!
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

With only 2.3% between them, I'd say there is some doubt, but Perdue would certainly be favourite.
    He's need to gain 0.00005% to win and surely if Biden is confirmed President by the run-off then GOPers will be more motivated to keep the Senate than people put off my Trump will be motivated.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,135
    Meanwhile in the real world, Trump's lead in Pennsylvania drops to 1.8%.
  • Options
    Are there any scenarios where Harris wins the betfair market? Not sure why she is getting backed today? Just people getting rid of exposure or is there some complicated scenario involving a tie or something?
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    For those who believe in the deep state, the truth is far scarier. It easier to believe that there is some higher power. What if there isn't and this is it. What if it's on us and we are the best there is? Some people really can't handle that.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

I think your right, though Id put AZ more as leaning Dem , NV does surprise me but the figures coming out the last day or so about what was left , suggesting heavily mail still , which now we have actual state figures , shows is not the case so that gives Trump a very good chance now,
  • Options
    Alistair said:

If it goes down, Ali, we'll have a whip-round for you. You've earned it.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

If the entire focus of the US is on that election, and the Senate hangs on it, you’d expect turnout could go even higher. So the question is which way the potential new voters might lean.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

What was the bet?
  • Options

Are there any scenarios where Harris wins the betfair market? Not sure why she is getting backed today? Just people getting rid of exposure or is there some complicated scenario involving a tie or something?

Presumably if Biden kicks the bucket between now and inauguration
  • Options
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,731
    Alistair said:

IanB2 said:

It's not technically impossible if the total number of possible outstanding ballots is less than the margin between the two candidates, but it seems unlikely.
  • Options
    I am definetly reading Ralston as saying leans Biden but will look like Trump today.
  • Options
    GOP 4.7 in Nevada if you want some.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

What was the bet?
    HYUFD said that in electoral college terms it would end tighter than 2016. I disagreed.

2016 Trump won 306.
  • Options
    The PHE COVID excel spreadsheet appears still to be not working....
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I have got to go out for 2 hrs I am going to miss GA lead dropping to under 10k and in PA to less than 100k
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,796

Andy_JS said:

My copy (old) says the same. Odd that they could have missed out the most usual meaning, which was certainly in common currency well before my copy was printed.

(Oxford maths!)

You might be being a touch unfair in this case. I don't think I've actually used my shorter oxford dictionary for about 15 years, but there is something nice about referring to a book, even if it turns out, as in this case, to be shorter than advertised.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited November 2020
    Boris up. I presume to tell us to all be good and that will save Christmas.
  • Options
    So the count has been stopped in Philly?

WTAF.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

He's need to gain 0.00005% to win and surely if Biden is confirmed President by the run-off then GOPers will be more motivated to keep the Senate than people put off my Trump will be motivated.
    The Dems can deploy the entire financial might of the party machine on Georgia though. GOTV, voter registration, the works.
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    few more in from GA. not done the sums yet
  • Options
    I'm not an expert on Native American voting patterns but this surprised me a little from NC

Robeson County, NC precincts where Native Americans are a majority of voters:

Obama - 59.4%
    Romney - 39.2%

Trump - 69.1%
    Biden - 30.1%
  • Options

People still watch this? Went crap after season 3.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    NV GOP

?

But zero liquidity – ignore.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

I am definetly reading Ralston as saying leans Biden but will look like Trump today.
    Yes, exactly. He's not always as clear as he could be, but I'm sure that's what he means.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

The Dems can deploy the entire financial might of the party machine on Georgia though. GOTV, voter registration, the works.
    I think the Republicans probably have the better GOTV machinery in Georgia.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    Jonathan said:

For those who believe in the deep state, the truth is far scarier. It easier to believe that there is some higher power. What if there isn't and this is it. What if it's on us and we are the best there is? Some people really can't handle that.

The good thing is that, once you zoom out to astronomical scales, we really are insignificant, so our fuck ups don't really matter one jot
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290
    Why is nobody reporting that Philadelphia counting has been halted?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Andy_JS said:

My copy (old) says the same. Odd that they could have missed out the most usual meaning, which was certainly in common currency well before my copy was printed.

(Oxford maths!)

You might be being a touch unfair in this case. I don't think I've actually used my shorter oxford dictionary for about 15 years, but there is something nice about referring to a book, even if it turns out, as in this case, to be shorter than advertised.
    It was part of a wider conversation when he was dissing the stats, not realising what it meant in that context.
  • Options

People still watch this? Went crap after season 3.
    You made it that far? I only got to end of season 1, then I knew the plot and all the media questions drove me to want to throw things at the telly like Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Mal557 said:

Mal557 said:

That's broadly with Betfair except Nevada. Dems are 1.2 there.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Endillion said:

TEMPTED?

C'mon.
    It'd either be that, or third party. Trouble is.. I can't predict with 100% certainty how my politics would be if I was an American living in America, as to a British Conservative opining from over here.
  • Options
    Joint approach for Christmas with devolved administrations.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zzb-7EH-MQ&feature=emb_logo

Barriers out for the MAGA nobs about to observe the count I presume
  • Options
    Covid press conference is late.

Whitty still trying to draw a graph steep enough on his powepoint slides.
This discussion has been closed.