Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

On Rishi’s big day he just fails to hold on as “next PM” betting favourite – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I disabled JS on my iPhone and the site is now blazing fast!
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Recap of SNP selections for 2021 Holyrood elections (constituency level)

SNP won 59 constituencies in 2016

2 MSPs have been expelled/suspended: Mark McDonald, Derek MacKay

14 MSPs retiring: Bruce Crawford, Richard Lyle, Gail Ross, Michael Russell, Stewart Stevenson, Ailleen Campbell, Angus MacDonald, Gil Paterson. Linda Fabiani, Roseanna Cunningham, Alex Neil, Jeane Freeman, Sandra White, Maureen Watt

Why are all these people in their 60s and 70s retiring? Truly it is a mystery unexplainable by anything except that he SNP must be in deep crisis! Right, time to write that Herald column, I've got a topic.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Oh for goodness sake, if Trump wins then Trump wins America is not going to disapprear, left liberals need to actually have a positive reason to vote for them not just decrying Trump as the antichrist.

In any case 16 years after a Republican last won the EC and popular vote it may just be the cycle coincides with Trump's re election. This election increasingly resembles 2004, the left loathe the President but their campaign is based solely on negativity, there is no great enthusiasm for Biden just as there was no great enthusiasm for Kerry
    With due respect, believe the strategists for Lincoln Project just might have better insight into what is persuading fellow Republicans to vote for a Democrat in 2020 against the incumbent Republican Party nominee.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986

HYUFD said:

Oh for goodness sake, if Trump wins then Trump wins America is not going to disapprear, left liberals need to actually have a positive reason to vote for them not just decrying Trump as the antichrist.

In any case 16 years after a Republican last won the EC and popular vote it may just be the cycle coincides with Trump's re election. This election increasingly resembles 2004, the left loathe the President but their campaign is based solely on negativity, there is no great enthusiasm for Biden just as there was no great enthusiasm for Kerry
    With due respect, believe the strategists for Lincoln Project just might have better insight into what is persuading fellow Republicans to vote for a Democrat in 2020 against the incumbent Republican Party nominee.
    As far as I can see there are no more Republicans voting Democrat than in 2016
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Kristol is not exactly a left liberal !!!!
    He did though oppose Trump in 2016 just as he does now
    He is one of the few sane conservatives left in America frankly as the vast majority of GOP allows itself to be turned into the anti-democratic Trump personality cult.
    He is the arch neo-Con.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Because you're in denial.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,594
    Scott_xP said:
    I co-wrote that paper. Ignore John Burn-Murdoch's interpretation: we're not blaming the public.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,955
    LadyG said:
    Just been out in the toon. Train in and out was at 25% capacity 2 weeks ago.
    Today around 8 on each journey. Most places shut at 8pm. Couldn't find a single coffee shop open in the city centre.
    Most pubs open but quiet.
    BUT. The 3 or 4 noted student pubs/clubs I passed were absolutely rammed.
    I mean queues outside, wall-to-wall full, dancing on tables at 9pm, bacchanalia. As if it were 2 am.
    Can't see this flattening the NE spike.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,986

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

7% of Republicans voted for Hillary in 2016, on the latest national poll today 7% of Republicans are voting for Biden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election#Voter_demographics

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/518048-poll-biden-lead-trump-by-5-points-nationwide
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,959
    edited September 2020
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

7% of Republicans voted for Hillary in 2016, on the latest national poll today 7% of Republicans are voting for Biden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_United_States_presidential_election#Voter_demographics

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/518048-poll-biden-lead-trump-by-5-points-nationwide
    Although it is worth remembering that the proportion of Registered Republicans has dropped from around 33% to 28%.

I imagine that Biden does OK-ish with the 5% of the population that used to be Registered Republican, but isn't any more.
This discussion has been closed.