Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

HYUFD. Accusing others of pomposity.

Wow

But where would we be without HYUFD to moan about
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

There's your Tories for you:
    Farmer who planted metal shards in Tesco baby food is an ex-Tory councillor
    A FARMER who planted baby food laced with metal shards in a Scottish Tesco is a former Tory councillor, it has been revealed.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/council/former-snp-councillor-charged-police-alleged-sexual-offences-2898769
    Really a tory councillor launches a terrorist attack on babies and you equivocate that with whataboutery with someone that sent a few dick pics.....words fail me. The more you post the more repugnant you become. As some seem to know who you are that are tory members I really hope that they are seriously considering referring your posts to CCHQ because you bring your party into complete disrepute
    What complete and utter rubbish, MalcG clearly posted his original post in an attempt to attack the Tory Party. There have been councillors and elected officials charged and convicted of offences in all parties and I can assure you my local branch which I chair will be applauding me for standing up for my party against malicious and politically motivated attacks by some posters on here.

And if you want more serious allegations against former SNP elected officials try these

Former SNP MSP jailed for 12 months for domestic abuse
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-24173669

Not to mention Derek Mackay
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/shamed-msp-derek-mackay-breaks-21999829

The difference is I am not so pathetic as to state that what some individuals are convicted of represents the millions who vote for their parties or the thousands of their elected officials or their hundreds of thousands of members
    Quite frankly fuck you, tory councillor committed terrorist offences and literally you come back with domestic abuse.
    @MikeSmithson @TheScreamingEagles, he's going off and being objectionable and rude to yet another user.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,044
    Completely off topic, I've messed around with various game streaming services over the years, from OnLive to Stadia and Shadow, and they've all been disappointing.

I've just used GeForce Now to run Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and it was - remarkably - pretty good. More than simply playable, it was a better experience than downloading the app and running it locally.

It also allows you to run (many of) your Steam and Epic games. Sadly, that doesn't include Civilization, but still it's impressive that you can take many of your existing games and play them without further charge.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,100

Wow

I don't mind being moaned at, I don't mind having my political views mocked or attacked, what I do mind is personal abuse
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,879

Carnyx said:

malcolmg said:

Is Scotland becoming unwelcoming to the English ? We saw blatant bigotry towards the English during the brexit debates. Nationalists shouting abuse at English drivers going over the border and now this from a leading Scottish celebrity. https://twitter.com/thecoastguy/status/1297251525094453249?s=21

I'm in a rural Aberdeenshire village. The locals cannot be more welcoming
    Kinsella is an absolute nutjob, a bit like Oliver. Sad Little Englanders always whining and whinging.
    Dr (I believe) Oliver is a Scot, to be more technically pedantic. But I was a bit surprised by his tone in indyref 1 and so on - nto so much his wish to remain in the union, but the tone of his public language at a rtime when he was convener of a major conservation body. Not that he resigned/left/whatever over that, but over something quite different.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18564045.divisive-broadcaster-neil-oliver-steps-national-trust-scotland-president/
    I know Neil Oliver personally having worked with him on the Two Men in a Trench TV series. I don't agree with him about Independence but he is one of the nicest and least 'celebrity' people you could ever hope to meet. Unlike some other TV personalities in the history/archaeology game he always had time for everyone and had absolutely no airs about him at all.
    I did enjoy his work on battlefields. The NTS and Scottish Goverment seem to habve worked together to commemorate Bannockburn in 2014 with minimum nonsense.
  • Options
    Frankly I couldn't give a toss what the subject is, I think HYUFD is nuts but at least he doesn't swear and shout at people and go off on one.

Then has the arrogance to pretend he's a goody too shoes who never did anything to provoke anyone.

The user in question is rude and objectionable and the kind of person I would hope never to meet in real life. It is astonishing they have got through life behaving in this way and not surprising when it gets called out, they get angry.

They're a bully, end of story. And I'm fed up with it.
  • Options

Frankly I couldn't give a toss what the subject is, I think HYUFD is nuts but at least he doesn't swear and shout at people and go off on one.

Then has the arrogance to pretend he's a goody too shoes who never did anything to provoke anyone.

The user in question is rude and objectionable and the kind of person I would hope never to meet in real life. It is astonishing they have got through life behaving in this way and not surprising when it gets called out, they get angry.

Thankyou CHB
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,846

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

A FARMER who planted baby food laced with metal shards in a Scottish Tesco is a former Tory councillor, it has been revealed.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/council/former-snp-councillor-charged-police-alleged-sexual-offences-2898769
    Really a tory councillor launches a terrorist attack on babies and you equivocate that with whataboutery with someone that sent a few dick pics.....words fail me. The more you post the more repugnant you become. As some seem to know who you are that are tory members I really hope that they are seriously considering referring your posts to CCHQ because you bring your party into complete disrepute
    What complete and utter rubbish, MalcG clearly posted his original post in an attempt to attack the Tory Party. There have been councillors and elected officials charged and convicted of offences in all parties and I can assure you my local branch which I chair will be applauding me for standing up for my party against malicious and politically motivated attacks by some posters on here.

And if you want more serious allegations against former SNP elected officials try these

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/shamed-msp-derek-mackay-breaks-21999829

The difference is I am not so pathetic as to state that what some individuals are convicted of represents the millions who vote for their parties or the thousands of their elected officials or their hundreds of thousands of members
    Quite frankly fuck you, tory councillor committed terrorist offences and literally you come back with domestic abuse.
    @MikeSmithson @TheScreamingEagles, he's going off and being objectionable and rude to yet another user.
    Because what he said was objectionable. I call out objectionable views on whatever side I see them.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Carnyx said:

dr_spyn said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

Scottish politicians as WW2 aircraft.

https://twitter.com/cocteautriplets/status/1297588262316515330

The Blackburn Roc might be considered to be one of the worst designs produced for the Royal Navy.

Perhaps the guy should turn his attention to Westminster.

Some seriously duff British planes in that thread. It's a wonder that we got through. Pretty pisspoor tanks too.
    I was wondering who would be classed as a Mosquito. Revolutionary, stealthy and in a class of its own.

Was reading a thread by Callum Douglas, which referred to Goring's fury about the ineffectual attempts to intercept The Mosquito, as it was hard to pick up on radar.

(He has just completed a book on aircraft engine technology during WW2)
    Oh? What's that book? or is it not out yet?
    This is the book, it is almost ready. His twitter threads are worth reading.

https://www.calum-douglas.com/current-book-the-secret-horsepower-race/
    Ah, thank you! Often the hidden aspects are the mnost revealing. One of the most fascinating works I ever read on aeronautical history was the evolution of skin riveting methods - and the implciations for drag and streamlining.
  • Options

I swear and shout at people a lot less than you do CHB
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,236
    edited August 2020
    dr_spyn said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

The Blackburn Roc might be considered to be one of the worst designs produced for the Royal Navy.

Some seriously duff British planes in that thread. It's a wonder that we got through. Pretty pisspoor tanks too.
    I was wondering who would be classed as a Mosquito. Revolutionary, stealthy and in a class of its own.

Was reading a thread by Callum Douglas, which referred to Goring's fury about the ineffectual attempts to intercept The Mosquito, as it was hard to pick up on radar.

I'm sure Dom would fancy that description.

Were any ever transferred to Soviet service?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Thankyou CHB
    I know we've never agreed on anything and I know in the past I have been rude to you so again I apologise but I simply don't like this user continually throwing their weight around. They've never even apologised for it and that makes me angry.

You continue to post your views, I might have a good chuckle and call you a muppet but rest assured, don't have anything against you personally and I would hope you feel the same. Nobody gets bullied on my watch, I hate bullies.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

If I was younger and lived in his area I would mount a serious challenge to his position in the local party

He shames the party
    If you know who he is why have you not raised his posting with CCHQ? I defend his right to post whatever he likes just as I do. However that does not mean you shouldn't bring it to the party attention so if they think it an issue they can disassociate your party from him.
    I love seeing a little blue on blue action, but I don't think your advice is sensible.

Best to live and let live. Some of HYUFDs ideas are strange, but no need to make mountains out of molehills.
    It’s become happy hour, free pops at HYUFD at this time each evening. Most of its trolling and he should know better than to engage, the rest is boring.
    In fairness the exploration of Scottish fishing yesterday was quite interesting. It was a disappointment howeverd to find that HYUFD wouldn't speak the English language, and thought that every fisherman in Scotland was a single-handed skipper of his own boat.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

FU you too, domestic abuse is extremely serious for those abused and damaging for those concerned. Putting metal in baby food is also extremely serious but it was not terrorism and you are again being politically motivated in stating so and you know it
    Tampering with the food supply is definitely a terrorist offence. Yes I am so politically motivated that I am telling the tories of whom I am not a member that they need to give you your marching orders as you make them look bad. If i was being politically motivated I would be pointing at you and going "hey look this is what tories are like". The fact that you disgust most tories here should be a wake up call. You are a disgusting individual with disgusting views end of story. You even make other tories sick. They should man up and kick you out you belong in a party with people like Nick Griffin
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

I think you should apologise for your behaviour this evening.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    Step back from your keyboards and drink a cup of tea. Slowly.
  • Options
    Yet another user banned from a Labour forum for posting views that upset the apple cart. These people have lost control of the party and they can't take it
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

For taking issue with someone for equating spiking baby food with metal shards with someone sending inappropriate text messages? Its a view I guess
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

FU you too, domestic abuse is extremely serious for those abused and damaging for those concerned. Putting metal in baby food is also extremely serious but it was not terrorism and you are again being politically motivated in stating so and you know it
    Tampering with the food supply is definitely a terrorist offence. Yes I am so politically motivated that I am telling the tories of whom I am not a member that they need to give you your marching orders as you make them look bad. If i was being politically motivated I would be pointing at you and going "hey look this is what tories are like". The fact that you disgust most tories here should be a wake up call. You are a disgusting individual with disgusting views end of story. You even make other tories sick. They should man up and kick you out you belong in a party with people like Nick Griffin
    👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    What's that emoticon mean, please? Looks like some sort of sessile invertebrate ...
  • Options
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Thankyou CHB
    I know we've never agreed on anything and I know in the past I have been rude to you so again I apologise but I simply don't like this user continually throwing their weight around. They've never even apologised for it and that makes me angry.

You continue to post your views, I might have a good chuckle and call you a muppet but rest assured, don't have anything against you personally and I would hope you feel the same. Nobody gets bullied on my watch, I hate bullies.
    Indeed, personal rudeness should be a no go and yes I too have nothing against you personally whatever we disagree on politically
  • Options
    geoffw said:

I don't drink tea but will have a bovril
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,661
    Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    What's that emoticon mean, please? Looks like some sort of sessile invertebrate ...
    Isn't it a round of applause?
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

I agree, I just clapped the other post but that was because I hadn't seen the sweary other post.

There's no justification to swear at people and it just undermines the good points made in other posts.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    I think its some sort of deformed foot motif and yes didnt understand it either
  • Options

Anyway - Champions league final on now

Footballers earn WAAAAAYY too much!
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

malcolmg said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    It was you who voted for Brexit and the Brexit Party not me, I have never voted for anything right of the Tories
  • Options
    The emojis are indeed clapping, it's like giving a round of applause. Very common for the young to use on Instagram and so on
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

I agree, I just clapped the other post but that was because I hadn't seen the sweary other post.

There's no justification to swear at people and it just undermines the good points made in other posts.
    yes probably shouldn't have sworn but sometimes you just react when someone doubles down. I don't despite CHB's claims swear very often on here
  • Options
    edited August 2020

dr_spyn said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

Don't recall that they did - there were RAF ones operatding in support of the RAF in the area (e.g. against Tirpitz). But no obvious report of any involuntary transfers, comparabl;e to the Lancasters that force-landed or went u/s and were left behind to go into V-VS or Naval Aviation trials/service.
  • Options

Agreed
  • Options
    edited August 2020

The emojis are indeed clapping, it's like giving a round of applause. Very common for the young to use on Instagram and so on

Thank you! They made me think of holothurians or sea squirts somehow ...
  • Options

Agreed
    presumably the clubs pay them that much because they pull in crowds and the club makes more than they pay them. It is capitalism writ large
  • Options
    I'm not sure when emoticons become emojis either but they're definitely called emojis by the young today
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Agreed
    presumably the clubs pay them that much because they pull in crowds and the club makes more than they pay them. It is capitalism writ large
    It's largely broadcast billions that keeps it all afloat
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

Our tanks were under rated. And the design philosophy produced the best immediate post ww2 tank in the Centurion.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Agreed
    It's largely broadcast billions that keeps it all afloat
    Do they get the billions by spending millions on players? If so thats 10 to 1 leverage
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,661
    Carnyx said:

So it's actually Horse pointing out that he is far younger than most of us :smiley:
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

PS THe Sovs did have their own wooden tech - such as the LaGG-3 fighter, of laiminated birch ply (plenty in the taiga, after all). But IIRC the initials wer held to demote Lacquered Guaranteed Coffin or something of the sort, so perhaps not quiote so successful as the Mossie, but in 1941-3, what does one expect?

Thet also had wooden wings on some variants of the Shturmovik too, which mostly had wooden rear fuselages (on the unarmoured bits!).
  • Options
    MattW said:

Carnyx said:

So it's actually Horse pointing out that he is far younger than most of us :smiley:
    the old quote about if you arent left wing when young you have no heart, if you aren't right wing when you get older you have no brain comes to mind
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,947

https://twitter.com/graceblakeley/status/1297473227669876736

Even if there is a grain of truth in this, it's put across terribly and makes the public think we're nuts.

Keir needs to make it clear these people don't talk for Labour.

Given the number of privately educated people who rail against the elite, I'd be demanding my money back as the inculturation has clearly not been effective enough.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Alistair said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

Our tanks were under rated. And the design philosophy produced the best immediate post ww2 tank in the Centurion.
    Alistair said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

Interestingly, and contrary to Brexiter/Tory myth, it came from a Government desing dept - it was arguably the commercial firms which perpetrated the worst disasters, eg from Vickers and Nuffield. One of the Vickers designs was used as an example of how not to design a tank - students were taken to see it and instructed to spot the problems, such as a gear shift which would break the driver's ankle or similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUABpR19SV4
  • Options
    StockyStocky Posts: 9,736
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

yes probably shouldn't have sworn but sometimes you just react when someone doubles down. I don't despite CHB's claims swear very often on here
    I`m enjoying the kerfuffle between you guys and reflecting that it was Malcy who threw the original obnoxious hand grenade. He must be having a good old chuckle.

HYUFD - you shouldn`t have take the bait.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,282
    Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

the old quote about if you arent left wing when young you have no heart, if you aren't right wing when you get older you have no brain comes to mind
    Well I am insulted even if nobody else is.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Even if there is a grain of truth in this, it's put across terribly and makes the public think we're nuts.

Given the number of privately educated people who rail against the elite, I'd be demanding my money back as the inculturation has clearly not been effective enough.
    The privately educated people railing against the elite are the ones who when young go on black lives matter demo's then when older join the government and abandon those principles.

Principles are something that the rich can afford. The rest of us are too busy keeping a roof and food on the table
  • Options
    MattW said:

Carnyx said:

I genuinely thought most people knew what the clapping emoji meant but I confess I do hang around with a younger crowd
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Me too. I've become more left wing as I grow older.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

I used to be told age taught you manners
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    MattW said:

Carnyx said:

In terms of the sea squirt lifecycle, most of us have anchored ourselves immovably to a rock and eaten our own brains. I have, anyway. CHB is still at the mobile, sexually active stage.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

kle4 said:

The privately educated people railing against the elite are the ones who when young go on black lives matter demo's then when older join the government and abandon those principles.

Principles are something that the rich can afford. The rest of us are too busy keeping a roof and food on the table
    If your roof is on your table I'm not surprised you are busy dealing with a difficult situation.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

chuckles well only appropriating churchill there I believe
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

You do you mate.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Age taught me manners it also taught me that being polite did you no favours with certain types of people and no not including you in that number as it happens before you wonder
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

In terms of the sea squirt lifecycle, most of us have anchored ourselves immovably to a rock and eaten our own brains. I have, anyway. CHB is still at the mobile, sexually active stage.
    I think there's probably a compliment in there somewhere
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

No, no, it's the mobile tadpole that is the juvenile, not sexually active. (Though IIRC the shift of sexual activity ionto the younger stages was seen as a possible evolutionary trajectgory foir the origin of chordates - Garstang of Liverpool?).
    The sessile adults just emit the gametes into the sea wather and hope for the best. I think!

I was always rather keen on those things, though, including oikopleurans and salps.
  • Options
    CorrectHorseBatteryCorrectHorseBattery Posts: 21,436
    edited August 2020
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Age taught me manners it also taught me that being polite did you no favours with certain types of people and no not including you in that number as it happens before you wonder
    I think you need to lookup the definition of polite.

Perhaps you could use the Internet, or a book if the former is too complicated for you
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

kle4 said:

If your roof is on your table I'm not surprised you are busy dealing with a difficult situation.
    As due to a drain blockage in the flats I am in has left me in inches of raw sewage since last night 5pm a roof on my table seems quite an improvement.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Me too. I've become more left wing as I grow older.
    I am sure this is said every generation but I do think unless serious work is done to reduce the average age of home ownership, the Tories will continue to lose badly in the younger age group.

Of course if we came out to vote that might help too
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,325
    edited August 2020
    HYUFD said:

Wow

I don't mind being moaned at, I don't mind having my political views mocked or attacked, what I do mind is personal abuse
    It doesn’t however seem unreasonable to expect you to disown a Tory member and previous elected representative who does something so terrible as blackmailing a supermarket by making baby food potentially lethal. Coming back with an attack strategy posting completely unrelated allegations about another politician was a pretty shabby response.

It is a shame that the other party to the ‘debate’ didn’t take the opportunity to show you up by being reasonable in replying.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Wow

It doesn’t however seem unreasonable to expect you to disown a Tory member and previous elected representative who does something so terrible as blackmailing a supermarket by making baby food potentially lethal. Coming back with an attack strategy posting completely unrelated allegations about another politician was a pretty shabby response.
    This is the correct response and was what was needed without all the swearing and general rudeness.

Completely agree with every word.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,743
    Alistair said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

They were undergunned, at least until 1945. Centurion good but rather too late.
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Perhaps you could use the Internet, or a book if the former is too complicated for you
    I am impolite to two people precisely here, you and hyufd....you because you started it by calling me a racist for saying I didnt object to the quantity of immigrants but the quality. HYUFD because so much of what he says is repugnant which started when he stated that an 80 year old millionaire was more likely to die of covid that a 40 year old homeless person. I havent been rude to you since though you have been to me on several occasions and I didn't react to it.

Before lecturing me on politeness maybe take a look at yourself, was only the other night you called me twat and c**t and I didnt react
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,676
    Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

Does that mean it is only half time?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Wow

It is a shame that the other party to the ‘debate’ didn’t take the opportunity to show you up by being reasonable in replying.
    My initial reply wasn't sweary at all. It became so when he doubled down on it and posted more allegations about politicians from other parties
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Mmm. If the two of you are alone down a dark alley, it may well be true that being impolite will allow you to go home afterwards feeling better about your side of the exchange.

However if you are both surrounded by a crowd of onlookers, almost all of them will judge the person who has been the more reasonable and polite the more favourably.
  • Options
    Has anyone been listening to Times Radio? What are the general thoughts on it?

I used to listen to LBC a bit but haven't for a while
  • Options

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

No idea I don't follow football which is what I assume you are alluding to
  • Options
    I've very much been enjoying Matt Chorley being the ultimate troll almost every day this week on Twitter. I bet he writes a Tweet and sits back with laughter as left wing nutters reply straight away
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,083
    Evening all. Some interesting discussions tonight.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

Footie fans ritually drink Bovril and hot water at half time, while eating a meat pie. The main Scots footie discussion board is called 'Pie and Bovril'.
  • Options

Hi mate, welcome back. Hope you're still recovering okay after the surgery.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

Footie fans ritually drink Bovril and hot water at half time, while eating a meat pie. The main Scots footie discussion board is called 'Pie and Bovril'.
    Ah well I tend to drink bovril because it doesn't contain caffeine
  • Options

link please.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,472
    IanB2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Mmm. If the two of you are alone down a dark alley, it may well be true that being impolite will allow you to go home afterwards feeling better about your side of the exchange.

However if you are both surrounded by a crowd of onlookers, almost all of them will judge the person who has been the more reasonable and polite the more favourably.
    You'll also feel worse about yourself later.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!
    I don't drink tea either!
  • Options
    edited August 2020

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!
    PB is a haven of degenerates!

Which, in fairness, I think we all knew, but I didn't realise the extent.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

It wasn't just Britain with crap planes.

The Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt 210 and Heinkel 177 say "Guten Tag" :)
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!

I object to being called a degenerate....my kinks are modest by comparison to most politicians
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,472
    Seems a bit testy on here this evening. Think I'll come back another time.

Have a good evening all.
  • Options
    In other news, latest virus data continues to throw doubt as to what the government was thinking adding Austria to the quarantine list, and it remains likely that they will shortly be doing another Portugal style u-turn.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

I am impolite to two people precisely here, you and hyufd....you because you started it by calling me a racist for saying I didnt object to the quantity of immigrants but the quality. HYUFD because so much of what he says is repugnant which started when he stated that an 80 year old millionaire was more likely to die of covid that a 40 year old homeless person. I havent been rude to you since though you have been to me on several occasions and I didn't react to it.

Before lecturing me on politeness maybe take a look at yourself, was only the other night you called me twat and c**t and I didnt react
    Even Foxy has confirmed age is the main factor in terms of Covid death rate, particularly for over 80s and he is a medic, so my comment was factually correct. That was not a comment against the need to tackle homelessness, just a fact
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

In useless Sunday information - it was invented in a wee place south of Edinburgh called Roslin. Allegedly famous for its chapel and Da Vinci horse manure [sold in a local farm]. But we know better.

https://twitter.com/newbattleatwar/status/1010043755725053952
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Carnyx said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

Also a good reason for a stiff scotch.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,236
    edited August 2020
    Carnyx said:

dr_spyn said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

Don't recall that they did - there were RAF ones operatding in support of the RAF in the area (e.g. against Tirpitz). But no obvious report of any involuntary transfers, comparabl;e to the Lancasters that force-landed or went u/s and were left behind to go into V-VS or Naval Aviation trials/service.
    There's a twitter account called Tank Archives that I follow; it appears that the Western Allies were very generous/naive in allowing the USSR access to tanks for evaluation & possible use. They liked the 76mm Sherman, bit sniffy about the Chaffee.

https://twitter.com/Tank_Archives/status/1297288579496816640?s=20

https://twitter.com/Tank_Archives/status/1297326921538314240?s=20
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Wow

I never said he should not have been jailed but you know full well MalcG posted it just to attack Tories as he made clear with the comments he added alongside it, individuals are responsible for their actions, not their family, not their friends and not their political party
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!

True degeneracy is not abstention from tea. It's putting the milk in the cup first.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

In other news, latest virus data continues to throw doubt as to what the government was thinking adding Austria to the quarantine list, and it remains likely that they will shortly be doing another Portugal style u-turn.

Quarantine hokey-cokey continues. I'm amazed that anyone takes the risk of going abroad for something as superfluous as a holiday.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Even Foxy has confirmed age is the main factor in terms of Covid death rate, particularly for over 80s and he is a medic, so my comment was factually correct. That was not a comment against the need to tackle homelessness, just a fact
    Your comment was both factually correct and totally untrue.Yes in the main the majority of people affected were over 80. However that breaks down when you look at people already in parlous life conditions. You compared people who live normal lives with a life expectancy of 80+ years to people who have a life expectancy of 44 years.

A 40 year old homeless person is the equivalent of an 80 year old in terms of comorbidities. Typical use of stats rather than looking at the actuality, I have no doubt you did it because you don't care about those homeless people.
  • Options

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!

True degeneracy is not abstention from tea. It's putting the milk in the cup first.
    Or indeed afterwards.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!

Or indeed afterwards.
    I thought milk was a no no and lemon was the only thing to have in tea
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,095

Scientifically proven to improve the flavour
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Wow

I never said he should not have been jailed but you know full well MalcG posted it just to attack Tories, individuals are responsible for their actions, not their family, not their friends and not their political party
    But the party which people join reflects their morality and their aspirations. For instance, if yi believe that the English should always dominate, or if you fancy the idea of beating up people for voting in a referendum, then of course you are going to be a Tory. See? It's a personal moral decision. Like putting razor blades in babt food.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Scientifically proven to improve the flavour
    What do scientists know they have mislaid 85% of the universe somewhere
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Wow

I never said he should not have been jailed but you know full well MalcG posted it just to attack Tories as he made clear with the comments he added alongside it, individuals are responsible for their actions, not their family, not their friends and not their political party
    Of course. With the caveat that if there is a pattern or string of incidents uncovered in a particular party, one should reasonably ask what it is about that party that is attracting such people in the first place.

The Scottish baby food maniac is surely a one off.

I do however foresee that by the end of this parliament we could be looking at a string of favours/cronyism/sleaze/corruption cases involving Tory Ministers and MPs that would remind us of the dog days of Major’s government.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,676

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!

I always put the milk in last. Including when I have green tea.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

IanB2 said:

HYUFD said:

Wow

I never said he should not have been jailed but you know full well MalcG posted it just to attack Tories, individuals are responsible for their actions, not their family, not their friends and not their political party
    But the party which people join reflects their morality and their aspirations. For instance, if yi believe that the English should always dominate, or if you fancy the idea of beating up people for voting in a referendum, then of course you are going to be a Tory. See? It's a personal moral decision. Like putting razor blades in babt food.
    The members that a party accept also reflect on the morality of the party. I only joined a political party once and when it became clear that they were going to make a conman party leader I resigned from it because it reflects on me as an individual that I would be in a party that tolerated that.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

dr_spyn said:

Foxy said:

dr_spyn said:

There's a twitter account called Tank Archives that I follow; it appears that the Western Allies were very generous/naive in allowing the USSR access to tanks for evaluation & possible use. They liked the 76mm Sherman, bit sniffy about the Chaffee.

https://twitter.com/Tank_Archives/status/1297288579496816640?s=20

https://twitter.com/Tank_Archives/status/1297326921538314240?s=20
    That surprised me about the M24 - but then they had liked the Valentine as a light tank for its reasonable armour.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

MattW said:

Carnyx said:

Your comment was both factually correct and totally untrue.Yes in the main the majority of people affected were over 80. However that breaks down when you look at people already in parlous life conditions. You compared people who live normal lives with a life expectancy of 80+ years to people who have a life expectancy of 44 years.

A 40 year old homeless person is the equivalent of an 80 year old in terms of comorbidities. Typical use of stats rather than looking at the actuality, I have no doubt you did it because you don't care about those homeless people.
    There’s a website somewhere that you can use to calculate your “Covid age”, which basically takes your current age and adds years to it for a variety of health and lifestyle factors.
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

IanB2 said:

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Pagan2 said:

geoffw said:

I don't drink tea
    What insanity is this?!

Or indeed afterwards.
    I thought milk was a no no and lemon was the only thing to have in tea
    It depends very much on the tea.
This discussion has been closed.