Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New YouGov polling finds Brits more ready consider traveling o

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    glw said:

I tell you what we do need a word for.

The sadness that follows the happiness when you order something wonderful and then discover it is going to be delivered either by Yodel or Hermes.

Or DPD....
    You're the first person I've ever heard list DPD as a bad one.

I love DPD. I'd rather DPD than the Royal Mail, its my favourite one to get a delivery from. Their live tracking is fantastic.
    It's downright amazing. When DPD say they will deliver between say 15:15 and 16:15 they almost always deliver within a minute or so of the start time. I don't know how they are so accurate with their timings, but no other company comes close.
    My last delivery from DPD ended up in Glasgow. They were not exactly helpful when I phoned them: they wanted to know what the wrong address was that they were trying to deliver to before they could answer any questions...
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,458
    I've been give 'the logos round' in the latest work quiz. As in I give a logo, they guess what company it's from. Anyone think of a way to spice that up?
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,581
    Yokes said:

Trump tax returns

So the bad news does keep coming but in itself the apparently rich guy is very good at tax avoidance thing isn't necessarily a shock or surprise

Deutsche Bank's co-operation on the other hand regarding Trump's relationship with them may be very serious indeed if they go into their business as well as personal banking arrangements.

Al Capone was also good at avoiding taxes. BUT it was his failure to pay what he legally owed that put him in the slammer.

Like Scarface, Big Mullet is head of major criminal syndicate; opening up the books highly likely to unleash a Pandora's box of creepy-crawlies.
  • Options
    Was she planning to attend the Texas Republican State Convention?

Anyway, her roots are showing . . . in more ways than one , , ,
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

I've been give 'the logos round' in the latest work quiz. As in I give a logo, they guess what company it's from. Anyone think of a way to spice that up?

Hidden logos?

https://www.awesomeinventions.com/logos-with-hidden-messages/

• Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,783

glw said:

I tell you what we do need a word for.

The sadness that follows the happiness when you order something wonderful and then discover it is going to be delivered either by Yodel or Hermes.

Or DPD....
    You're the first person I've ever heard list DPD as a bad one.

I love DPD. I'd rather DPD than the Royal Mail, its my favourite one to get a delivery from. Their live tracking is fantastic.
    It's downright amazing. When DPD say they will deliver between say 15:15 and 16:15 they almost always deliver within a minute or so of the start time. I don't know how they are so accurate with their timings, but no other company comes close.
    My last delivery from DPD ended up in Glasgow. They were not exactly helpful when I phoned them: they wanted to know what the wrong address was that they were trying to deliver to before they could answer any questions...
    They also have that map tracking thing on the email specifying the delivery time. Raced home after lunch to be there for the delivery time, but felt sorry for the guy who was at that time 500 metres away, but had 12 deliveries to make in the 30 minutes before he reached me....
  • Options
    YokesYokes Posts: 1,202

Yokes said:

Trump tax returns

So the bad news does keep coming but in itself the apparently rich guy is very good at tax avoidance thing isn't necessarily a shock or surprise

Deutsche Bank's co-operation on the other hand regarding Trump's relationship with them may be very serious indeed if they go into their business as well as personal banking arrangements.

Al Capone was also good at avoiding taxes. BUT it was his failure to pay what he legally owed that put him in the slammer.

Like Scarface, Big Mullet is head of major criminal syndicate; opening up the books highly likely to unleash a Pandora's box of creepy-crawlies.
    It will be who's money he has been taking that will hurt the most
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Foreign companies.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Hidden logos?

https://www.awesomeinventions.com/logos-with-hidden-messages/

Ha, love those, thanks! Should be able to mine a decent couple of questions from those.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,355
    This thread is no more! It has ceased to be! 'Its expired and gone to meet 'its maker! 'Its a stiff! Bereft of life, ' it rests in peace!
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Foreign companies.
    Is there another kind in this day and age?
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,783

Failures or rebranding quickly withdrawn?
  • Options

Require participants to down a shot every time the guess wrong - either Buckfast or Irn Bru.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    sarissa said:

Failures or rebranding quickly withdrawn?
    Yes, that's a good idea.

Crikey, the first one here!!

https://www.boredpanda.com/worst-logo-fails-ever/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    edited July 2020
    rcs1000 said:

Stocky said:

I wonder whether gyms will do offers to attract new customers or not when they can reopen?

I'm not a member of one but was considering joining when all this started, trying to get into shape, but I don't want to be tied into a 12 month commitment which seems to be an issue with most gyms.

With mine it is either £16 per month or £7 each time pay-as-you-go. I do the former as I go twice a week usually.

A relative who lives in London cannot believe how cheap this is. He and his wife pay £130 pm for their gym.
    Central London rent is really expensive (currently), and gyms take up a lot of space.

The pricing model is also really dumb, as it results in everyone using the gym at the same time. Much better to have a system where price changes according to demand. So you buy 1,000 points of access, and if you want to use the gym at 10am on Tuesday morning, then it's 1 unit an hour, whereas as 6pm, it's 3 units.
    Cut price off-peak memberships are there to earn a bit of extra revenue from pensioners, by getting them to come along during the working day when it's very quiet. They've little if anything to do with regulating demand.

Most people go before or after work because those are the only convenient times to do so. The gyms cannot, therefore, finesse the large reductions in capacity inherent in the social distancing and obsessive cleaning regimes they're being obliged to adopt simply by bribing half of their members not to come during peak hours (even if they could afford those losses, which by-and-large they cannot.)

If half the gyms and leisure centres that we had in January are still open in December then we'll be doing well. A chunk of their clientele won't come back because they're too scared, another group won't return because they've found out that going running or cycling outside is more enjoyable and/or cheaper, a third group will cancel their memberships because they've been sacked or are afraid of it and a fourth (especially if they go home by public transport or on foot) will be turned right off because the changing rooms and showers are shuttered and they have to trudge back sweaty. Out of those determined enough to set foot in a gym again, another lot will quickly be deterred if their workout is wrecked by half the equipment being roped off, or if they keep getting interrupted by constant rotational cleaning.

Gyms have already lost more than three months worth of revenue and are going to find the new trading environment very tough going indeed: it's hard to see many of these facilities being profitable in the short to medium term. Prime candidates for survival are larger premises owned rather than rented by gym operators, and leisure centres run by that fraction of councils not in imminent danger of going bankrupt. The rest of them are, I would suggest, in serious trouble.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,355
    FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT.. NEW THREAD
  • Options
    Seattle news item - Iconic local seafood restaurant chain, Duke's Chowder House(s), closes several locations due to Covid infection among staff. Despite assertions to contrary, Seattle-King Co Health Dept says health protocols for re-opening NOT followed.

My own eagerness to go out to ANY restaurant right now, no matter how good-fancy-excellent-etc. is less than nil. Don't even want to linger over-long at take-out windows.
This discussion has been closed.