Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » A message from Mike Smithson

1235»

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    Nigelb said:

Epic US protest sign.

She could get a two-for-one deal on that.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Weirder and weirder: that C17 that came from Stansted and went in the direction of Turkey ..... is now over Iran.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    Andrew said:

Weirder and weirder: that C17 that came from Stansted and went in the direction of Turkey ..... is now over Iran.

Picking stuff up from China?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    Its racist innit..

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/20/coronavirus-racial-inequality-uk-housing-employment-health-bame-covid-19

Except it has been shown when you control for location / age, there isn't really any obvious dis-proportionality.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Andrew said:

Picking stuff up from China?
    Didn't they say they have bought a load of stuff from Burma. That plane is definitely following the rough flight path of others who have headed that way.
  • Options

Didn't they say they have bought a load of stuff from Burma. That plane is definitely following the rough flight path of others who have headed that way.

Would have thought Iranian airspace was a big no-no for an RAF plane.

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,426
    edited April 2020

HYUFD said:
    They could call it "extending the transition"?
    Good luck with that Mr Johnson. People will have had a belly full of this by week 12 and then it will be over.

I'm guessing that behind the scenes the behaviour experts are telling them this.

My aged relatives are already saying, I slightly paraphrase, "bollocks to this beyond June".
  • Options
    Andrew said:

Would have thought Iranian airspace was a big no-no for an RAF plane.

Looking at all the other plane in the areas, seems it is a no-no in general. They all go via Iraq.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146

Creepy

Looks like a corvid epidemic.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,426
  • Options

Looking at all the other plane in the areas, seems it is a no-no in general. They all go via Iraq.

Mystery solved: it's a Qatari C17, which for reasons unknown was coming from Stansted. They have pretty restricted choice of flying routes atm cos of unfriendly neighbours.

• Options
    Andrew said:

Mystery solved: it's a Qatari C17, which for reasons unknown was coming from Stansted. They have pretty restricted choice of flying routes atm cos of unfriendly neighbours.

I know nothing about this sort of thing, but I can see another Qatari plane that didn't take that route. They just went via Iraq.
  • Options

Only in America...

twitter.com/MaryHeglar/status/1252326265350225923

I presume all these crackpots think that CV is some massive hoax?
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,996
    I tried to make a donation but there was an error. I'll try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I believe the Telegraph story might be a bit more complicated than first appears.

This PPE company, wasn't actually a PPE company. It seems until a few weeks ago, it was a property company. They appear to have seen a business opportunity and have somehow got into the business of brokering PPE from China.

I am betting that the government thought they had another chancer on the phone, claiming they could get PPE from China. If they searched them online, all they would get is a property company. They have been inundated with chancers offering stuff and already got burned.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

I believe the Telegraph story might be a bit more complicated than first appears.

This PPE company, wasn't actually a PPE company. It seems until a few weeks ago, it was a property company. They appear to have seen a business opportunity and have somehow got into the business of importing PPE from China.

I am betting that the government thought they had another chancer on the phone, claiming they could get PPE from China. If they searched them online, all they would get is a property company. They have been inundated with chancers offering stuff and already got burned.

So they are doing it for a quick buck?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    RobD said:

This PPE company, wasn't actually a PPE company. It seems until a few weeks ago, it was a property company. They appear to have seen a business opportunity and have somehow got into the business of importing PPE from China.

So they are doing it for a quick buck?
    Yeap, it definitely seems that way. Its not even clear when they contacted the government if they actually even had the stuff.

Doing a google of the lady behind the company, there is zero evidence she has any experience in PPE procurement. It is 100% property development and having been on a reality tv show.

You can see why perhaps the government might have put her on hold.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,996
    edited April 2020
    Say something the government doesn't like and you can't buy or sell anything. We know the script from the social credit system that already exists.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,029
    RobD said:

Andrew said:

Looks like that's our PPE plane about to land in Turkey: https://www.flightradar24.com/C17/246214e0

Why is a military aircraft visible on this website?
    Unless everything's gone Bridges of Toko Ri then military a/c squawk mode 3 which gives ATC sufficient information to calculate position from the radar plot. That is occasionally switched to other modes when doing intercepts or, more likely, flying in formation.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Say something the government doesn't like and you can't buy or sell anything. We know the script from the social credit system that already exists.
    That's if they don't disappear you to an internment camp and then harvest your organs.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/s1t9ef6a7n/status/1252444693859893248?s=20

***** Breaking News *****

Horrible suspicion: Has the TRUMP been engineered in a chinese lab to destabilise the USofA ?
    Read more at: der-postillion.com
  • Options

eadric said:

ydoethur said:

I hope this is the first step in him and his colleague being sacked and then being charged.

'Make something up' threat Lancashire Police officer suspended

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52358114

He should be kicked off the force for being terminally fucking stupid.

What sort of imbecile promises to lie, claiming that he will be believed, while being filmed?

Before we crucify the officer, I’d like to see the full context of the video. Just how provocative were those kids being?

I am well aware the police can be arseholes. I’ve seen it myself. But right now I’d err on the side of caution before condemning.

I just wish they’d stop these absurd virtue signaling videos of dancing and clapping.
    They are scrotey chavs. So probably very.

But that's besides the point. Provocations like that are bread and butter if you're a police officer.

You are trained (or should be) how to handle it and it should never be like that.

That guy totally lost his cool and some of the arrogant stuff he said was deeply disturbing.
    “They are scrotey chavs” - that’s a bit harsh. On the basis of that clip they don’t appear to be doing anything wrong, or being provocative. You’re simply making a snap judgement, probably based on their accents and their clothing. That reveals your prejudices.

You are a supercilious prick. See? We can both make potentially ill-informed pronouncements.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    test
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,940
    Late to the game today but just donated.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,058
    And me.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,715
    Fortunately for Mike, my card which I had hidden somewhere and forgotten about has just rematerialised, Donation made.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,787
    Done! Is it worth leaving the "Donate" button permanently on the main page?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,333
    Is done.
This discussion has been closed.