Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Past is Not Another Country

123457»

Comments

• Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    edited March 2020

jayfdee said:

Another cracking day, reckon I will go up on to Dartmoor looking for...

Ah. Bugger.

*shakes fist at the skies* Damn you, Police Drone of Doom!

Yes I normally drive a few miles to nearby fells for a run, almost never see anyone up there, I go with a friend for safety. Now I have to exercise locally, and yesterday was very busy people in large groups and not distancing correctly.
    Unintended consequences have made my normal safe exercise routine into a more dangerous routine.
    I really don't understand the logic behind preventing people driving somewhere remote to exercise. Getting in and out of the car happens alone and you're completely isolated in the car.

I see photos of people in traffic jams on twitter with the caption saying how reckless they are and I'm wondering why exactly. There's absolutely no chance of passing on this virus in a traffic jam.

It only matters if everyone drives to the same place and it becomes more crowded than exercising locally, which judging by the crowds in local walks here is unlikely to be the case.
    I guess the logic is that working out which behaviours are safe and which are OK, and relatedly which can be actually verified and which instead open up a door that people will use to do something unsafe, is hard. But since the virus spreads very fast, and the UK has left its very late and is running out of runway, there's no time to be wrong about this.

So what the government needs to do is the opposite of what a government would normally do in a free country, where you start with everything being permitted, and ban things as it finds out that they're detectably harmful. Instead it needs to start by shutting everything down, then work out how to make exceptions for the urgent problems like avoiding everybody starving to death, and only then work if it's safe to drive somewhere remote, and how to let people drive somewhere remote without letting other people drive somewhere that will put other people in danger.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,696

Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

malcolmg said:
    What is he doing out of the house?

is that an essential journey?
    He's a cabinet minister. He thinks he's immune.
    Spot the Wally in the Cabinet?
    That either remarkably easy, or remarkably difficult.
    Do you insist on a single answer ?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,712
    IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

IshmaelZ said:

Dura_Ace said:

TOPPING said:

TGOHF666 said:
    I did say it's the start of a thousand year rule for the Cons.
    Johnson (if he lives) will go for a snap post-corona election.
    SKS is an unknown quantity here. I can very easily see him turning into a national benevolent uncle figure and scooping the pool if johnson starts to look flaky for any reason.
    It is easy to be popular while spending money like a drunken sailor. Whether he can hold that popularity when the bills are due is another matter indeed.

Similarly, the government's popularity is because all other aspects of government, including Brexit, have disappeared from the news, and the approach to the pandemic is essentially bipartisan. Once again that won't last when the all clear sounds.

Polling really is meaningless in the current context.
    SKS - Starmer, not Sunak (whose fortunes I think are tied to Johnson's).
    Ah, my mistake!
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,303
    Gadfly said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

Just off out there now to check the welfare of my ponies. I'll let you know if anything interesting happens.
    That includes taking “exercise alone or with another member of their household”. There is no limit to the number of times you can do this in a day. Nor does it say that the exercise can only be taken outside your home.
    I am curious about where you saw that?

"one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

The government advice goes beyond the letter of the Regulations, which are here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/made
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,338
    Dura_Ace said:

TOPPING said:

TGOHF666 said:
    I did say it's the start of a thousand year rule for the Cons.
    Johnson (if he lives) will go for a snap post-corona election.
    No need. Plus if he doesn't survive imagine Dom's "it's what Boris would have wanted" campaign.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

Just off out there now to check the welfare of my ponies. I'll let you know if anything interesting happens.
    The police do seem to be exercising powers the new legislation does not give them. In England you are entitled to be out of the house if you have a reasonable excuse. That includes taking “exercise alone or with another member of their household”. There is no limit to the number of times you can do this in a day. Nor does it say that the exercise can only be taken outside your home.

So a bit of common-sense is needed. If you have a park or field at the end of your street you can go there to have a walk. If you are in an urban area you can of course simply walk the streets but this may well be risky if you cannot stay 2 metres apart from other people walking the pavements.

So driving a short distance to some outside space to exercise there while keeping a safe distance away from others is both legal and in accordance with health safety guidelines.

Telling people that walking a dog is not essential is nonsense and outside the police’s powers. Walking the dog exercises you and the dog and is both essential and permitted.

People - and this includes the police - need to use a bit of common-sense.
    The trouble with that approach is it creates way too many exceptions and loopholes to be policed effectively. It is also basically selfish. In normal times of course your probes and queries would be laudable.
    I am not going outside beyond the garden.

It doesn’t make it difficult if the police act reasonably. Even in an emergency the police are obliged to obey the laws specifically put in place for the emergency’s duration.And the emergency laws do permit people to go outside for exercise. That exercise should be taken in accordance with the health guidelines. Jogging close to someone outside your home is stupid. Jogging a mile away in an empty space is not. Walking your dog in a lonely spot miles from other people is both reasonable and lawful and the police have no business shaming you or telling you not to.
    Well you already want to ignore the rule about exercise once a day. You also want for some bizarre reason to nit-pick other rules to satisfy your fears of the overbearing state exceeding its powers - completely ignoring the context in which the Police are trying to operate and encouraging others to do the same. How do you expect the Police to manage when thousands try to follow your advice and drive to somewhere quiet! And all because it's lawful!. Sorry - that approach doesn't fly.
  • Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191
    IanB2 said:

Gadfly said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

That includes taking “exercise alone or with another member of their household”. There is no limit to the number of times you can do this in a day. Nor does it say that the exercise can only be taken outside your home.

"one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

The government advice goes beyond the letter of the Regulations, which are here:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350/made
    Thanks!
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    DougSeal said:

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

DougSeal said:

TGOHF666 said:
    If TMay hadn’t called the 2017 election, or Cameron not lost the referendum, we would now be having a very heated argument about whether to postpone the FTP election scheduled for this coming May. As it is we are only three months into this Parliament and have yet to reach even the peak of the biggest public health emergency since the cholera outbreaks of the Nineteenth Century. Polling is utterly meaningless right now.
    Quite. Hundreds of thousands dead and the Tories could deflate like a balloon ( whether they were just following the science or not frankly), get through this “ok”, economy slowly but steadily resumes Boris is walking on water and no deal Brexit will look as threatening as a spring lamb in comparison.

It’s all meaningless right now.
    Equally, the experts saying we came out of this with less than 10,000 "extra" deaths and an economy largely preserved is going to be something the Govt. can rightly expect some credit for implementing.

Especially if by comparison, it rips the USA apart.

Boris having had it certainly helps his "I share your pain" schtick.
    Sure but you sure as hell ain’t going to risk a campaign cock up with four plus years to go and a huge majority are you?
    My point exactly, just put more succinctly. You can tell I’m a lawyer.
    Lol!
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    DougSeal said:

welshowl said:

DougSeal said:

TGOHF666 said:
    If TMay hadn’t called the 2017 election, or Cameron not lost the referendum, we would now be having a very heated argument about whether to postpone the FTP election scheduled for this coming May. As it is we are only three months into this Parliament and have yet to reach even the peak of the biggest public health emergency since the cholera outbreaks of the Nineteenth Century. Polling is utterly meaningless right now.
    Quite. Hundreds of thousands dead and the Tories could deflate like a balloon ( whether they were just following the science or not frankly), get through this “ok”, economy slowly but steadily resumes Boris is walking on water and no deal Brexit will look as threatening as a spring lamb in comparison.

It’s all meaningless right now.
    Equally, the experts saying we came out of this with less than 10,000 "extra" deaths and an economy largely preserved is going to be something the Govt. can rightly expect some credit for implementing.

Especially if by comparison, it rips the USA apart.

Boris having had it certainly helps his "I share your pain" schtick.
    I agree that the Government may well come out of this with great credit, and I say that as someone who loathes Boris, and God knows compared to the US its response has been exemplary (a very low bar). But the possible downside of an election (an unexpected loss) far outweighs the upside (being in power for a few months beyond Dec 2024). Going to the country seeking gratitude, or campaigning on one issue, or one person, is something that can bite one quite hard in the backside.
    Oh, there is no chance of an early election.

OK, there's a tiny chance - Boris succumbs to Covid-19 and PM Rishi Sunak wants his own mandate. But that's about it.
  • Options
    felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

The police do seem to be exercising powers the new legislation does not give them. In England you are entitled to be out of the house if you have a reasonable excuse. That includes taking “exercise alone or with another member of their household”. There is no limit to the number of times you can do this in a day. Nor does it say that the exercise can only be taken outside your home.

So a bit of common-sense is needed. If you have a park or field at the end of your street you can go there to have a walk. If you are in an urban area you can of course simply walk the streets but this may well be risky if you cannot stay 2 metres apart from other people walking the pavements.

So driving a short distance to some outside space to exercise there while keeping a safe distance away from others is both legal and in accordance with health safety guidelines.

Telling people that walking a dog is not essential is nonsense and outside the police’s powers. Walking the dog exercises you and the dog and is both essential and permitted.

The trouble with that approach is it creates way too many exceptions and loopholes to be policed effectively. It is also basically selfish. In normal times of course your probes and queries would be laudable.

It doesn’t make it difficult if the police act reasonably. Even in an emergency the police are obliged to obey the laws specifically put in place for the emergency’s duration.And the emergency laws do permit people to go outside for exercise. That exercise should be taken in accordance with the health guidelines. Jogging close to someone outside your home is stupid. Jogging a mile away in an empty space is not. Walking your dog in a lonely spot miles from other people is both reasonable and lawful and the police have no business shaming you or telling you not to.
    Well you already want to ignore the rule about exercise once a day. You also want for some bizarre reason to nit-pick other rules to satisfy your fears of the overbearing state exceeding its powers - completely ignoring the context in which the Police are trying to operate and encouraging others to do the same. How do you expect the Police to manage when thousands try to follow your advice and drive to somewhere quiet! And all because it's lawful!. Sorry - that approach doesn't fly.
    Cyclefree is doing neither.
    She is remaining in her garden - while pointing out that the actual ‘rules’ do not say anything about once a day. That is the government advice.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,303
    felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

The pertinent question is why the government hasn't put the "once only per day" bit into the regulations. Perhaps it was considered too difficult to define, or would be rendered pointless if, for example, I took the dog out three times, once "for exercise", once "for shopping" and once "to get money".
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,216
    IanB2 said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

Some of these are things that are only reasonable if a few people do them. If everyone goes for long country walks the popular footpaths would be full of walkers, defeating the purpose.

You are right however that there is nothing I can see in the legislation that limits how often you go out for shopping or exercise. I was questioned in the park yesterday while walking my dog by a Community Policeman eager to impress on me that this counted as my single daily walk. Which reflects government advice, but not its powers AFAICS.
    It is only in Wales that exercise is limited to once a day.

It may be pedantic but advice is not the same as law. And the police should not be misleading the public into thinking that it is. I am all in favour of making the advice clear and the reasons for it even clearer ie don’t go to a popular spot because it defeats the purpose. And because it is much more important to stay away from people than be close to your home and be close to other people.

If the police attack those who are taking sensible measures like walking on a lonely hillside they will end up increasing the risk for those in urban areas who can only walk on a narrow street less than 2 metres away from others.

Here before I self-isolated I saw on a few occasions a solitary dog walker or jogger at night with torches.

• Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191
    Cyclefree said:

Gadfly said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

Section 6(2)(b) of the relevant legislation headed “Restrictions on Movement”.

The precise wording is:

“(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1) a reasonable excuse includes the need-

(b) To take exercise alone or with other members of your household;”.

Note that it says “household” not “family”. So flat sharers can exercise together.
    Thanks! As IanB2 points out, the advice goes beyond the law.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,260
    isam said:

Just testing; what is 2+2?

No, I'm not going mad, that is till 5. It's just that seeing Boris, clearly feeling poorly, yet seeking to reassure us all in that short video, it touched me. It really did. Sign of my humanity, I suppose.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

The pertinent question is why the government hasn't put the "once only per day" bit into the regulations. Perhaps it was considered too difficult to define, or would be rendered pointless if, for example, I took the dog out three times, once "for exercise", once "for shopping" and once "to get money".
    They did so in Wales. Don’t ask me why.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,028
    Nigelb said:

Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

malcolmg said:
    What is he doing out of the house?

is that an essential journey?
    He's a cabinet minister. He thinks he's immune.
    Spot the Wally in the Cabinet?
    That either remarkably easy, or remarkably difficult.
    Do you insist on a single answer ?
    That would be the easiest wally ever, just point at any one of them
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    kinabalu said:

isam said:

Just testing; what is 2+2?

No, I'm not going mad, that is till 5. It's just that seeing Boris, clearly feeling poorly, yet seeking to reassure us all in that short video, it touched me. It really did. Sign of my humanity, I suppose.
    He looked rough, to a point where he probably shouldn’t be working. But since Dominic “where’sDover” Raab is next in line we’re all glad Boris is hanging on.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

jayfdee said:

Ah. Bugger.

Yes I normally drive a few miles to nearby fells for a run, almost never see anyone up there, I go with a friend for safety. Now I have to exercise locally, and yesterday was very busy people in large groups and not distancing correctly.
    Unintended consequences have made my normal safe exercise routine into a more dangerous routine.
    I really don't understand the logic behind preventing people driving somewhere remote to exercise. Getting in and out of the car happens alone and you're completely isolated in the car.

I see photos of people in traffic jams on twitter with the caption saying how reckless they are and I'm wondering why exactly. There's absolutely no chance of passing on this virus in a traffic jam.

It only matters if everyone drives to the same place and it becomes more crowded than exercising locally, which judging by the crowds in local walks here is unlikely to be the case.
    It’s liable to abuse and as you say big crowds in key locations.
    There are already crowds locally for walks though, my daily dog walk has gone from seeing 1 or 2 people normally, to seeing up to 100 each time.

Everyone is going to places in walking distance from where they live at the same times.
    I think much depends on where you live.
    What is sensible in Cumbria is not sensible in London.

I went for a walk yesterday and saw five people, all at a distance. If I lived in London, i don’t think I’d go out much at all.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Gorgeous day, if a horribly cold wind.

The garden beckons. Play nice.

Or if not, play to win.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,360
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329
    This struck me as a fairly realistic assessment of how this is going to go and how the world, especially the world of work is going to be changed by this: https://www.esquire.com/uk/life/a31915611/coronavirus-timeline/

The takeaways are that we are all going to travel much less, use technology more and have to accept all year round non seasonal food is at the least going to become much less abundant.

• Options
    DAlexanderDAlexander Posts: 815
    Are we seeing the same pattern elsewhere?

https://twitter.com/Brasco_Aad/status/1243691299800317954
  • Options
    felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

No I don’t. I have not been out of the house for over a week now.

There is no rule about exercise once a day.

Try reading the rules and the guidance.

The important thing is to avoid contact with other people because that is what spreads the virus and to go out for reasonable needs only, which are clearly set out in the legislation.

It is the police who risk undermining that message - and may well put people at risk - if they behave officiously and unlawfully.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,827
    edited March 2020

Can we have a sweepstake on which month PBers will once more start whining about the NHS being treated as a religion?
    March 2020. It being a vital, incredible service doing great things at the most necessary times and worthy of our deepest respect doesnt change long held opinion, nor would that view indicate a lack of appreciation and respect for Dr Foxy and his colleagues so it can exist simultaneously with respect and admiration.
  • Options

Can we have a sweepstake on which month PBers will once more start whining about the NHS being treated as a religion?
    OK, since you ask, and your post is aimed at denouncing the heresy.

The British doctors and nurses are equally heroic to the French or German doctors and nurses, but they're going to have to deal with this crisis in a system barely has the capacity to handle a regular seasonal flu.

British people treat the NHS like a religion, and fewer people would die if they treated it like most other developed countries treat their healthcare systems, instead of a religion.
    Perhaps (as with other faiths) the heretics are as complicit in keeping the NHS religion going as the believers, ie it's a convenient straw man to distract from actually coming up with a workable and likely more expensive alternative.
    Why do you presume someone not worshiping it treat it like a straw man? Someone might not share a particular faith but not have animosity toward a faith.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    I have to say it bothers me that the chancellor has done such a great job with protecting the general public from joblessness at a very high cost, but given that the the blank cheques are being written we should be spending whatever it takes to keep the frontline safe.

I've been handed some very disturbing news this morning on low quality and home made PPE being distributed to London hospitals. Three verified senior people have corroborated the story and put it down to cost. If we're spending £50-70bn on keeping the nation in work, I think £200-300m on keeping our doctors and nurses alive and healthy isn't too much to ask.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

IanB2 said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

They did so in Wales. Don’t ask me why.
    North Wales police were stopping cars at the English border last night and they are enforcing the closure of our National Parks with the full support of us North Walians

• Options
    alex_ said:

Good morning Pb-ers from me, too. Let us hope for, if not good news, a little more sanity. At least, it being Saturday and there's no sport, public transport should be less crowded.

I’m afraid that from what i’ve heard, this weekend is when things in the U.K. will really take a turn for the worse. At least in London. So brace yourselves. Trump’s comment about Johnson saying we need ventilators was probably accurate.

He might have asked for some, I doubt he did do before he said hello as claimed. But it's been made clear we are not at peak yet so I expect you're right things are about to get really bad.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

The important thing is to avoid contact with other people because that is what spreads the virus and to go out for reasonable needs only, which are clearly set out in the legislation.

It is the police who risk undermining that message - and may well put people at risk - if they behave officiously and unlawfully.
    The guidance very clearly states that you should only leave your house for exercise once a day. It’s not easily enforceable but it’s clear. One of the biggest challenges this country has is the number of people who know better, who can best judge the risks and think this is a matter for their own judgment. Most of the time this is a strength in this country, it makes us less prone to dictators for example, but right now it’s a problem.
  • Options

OK, since you ask, and your post is aimed at denouncing the heresy.

The British doctors and nurses are equally heroic to the French or German doctors and nurses, but they're going to have to deal with this crisis in a system barely has the capacity to handle a regular seasonal flu.

British people treat the NHS like a religion, and fewer people would die if they treated it like most other developed countries treat their healthcare systems, instead of a religion.
    The religious bit - for me - should be that it’s universal, the best and free at the point if use. Everything else is just detail. The problem is we can’t talk about the detail without it becoming politicised. This applies to the left and right.
    This. So much. It's not the only area where problems become hard to solve due to politics that is supposed to help, but it's a big one. Maybe one day.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,467
    Nigelb said:

kamski said:

Nigelb said:

malcolmg said:

edb said:

This stuff about Branson is way way too personal. Why should every other airline business in the uk be bailed out but not him? And they will be.

Oh unsubstantiated and irrelevant rumours about his private life, ok fair enough.

Bogoff Richard
    Buy BA and get Virgin free ?
    Airlines haven't been paying for the global overheating they contribute to, nor for the rapid spread of global pandemics.
    Bail them out? A disgusting idea. The nonflying majority have already been paying a massive subsidy to frequent flyers for years.
    I was making a joke, not a policy suggestion.
    If he wants a bailout, he can bring his money onshore.

For those that don't know the reason that all his businesses get called "Virgin" is because he back backs his share of them against his pile of money in the Virgin Islands.

Mind you, Private Eye has a fair bit too say about that,
  • Options
    kle4 said:

March 2020. It being a vital, incredible service doing great things at the most necessary times and worthy of our deepest respect doesnt change long held opinion, nor would that view indicate a lack of appreciation and respect for Dr Foxy and his colleagues so it can exist simultaneously with respect and admiration.
    I find adoration of the Institution of the NHS really quite weird, even now. It is a means by which a necessary service is provided. It has some strengths and some weaknesses.

The staff who work for it are a different matter entirely. Who could not have the greatest respect and admiration for those who put themselves in harms way to help others? Genuine heroes.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

kamski said:

Nigelb said:

malcolmg said:

edb said:

This stuff about Branson is way way too personal. Why should every other airline business in the uk be bailed out but not him? And they will be.

Oh unsubstantiated and irrelevant rumours about his private life, ok fair enough.

Bogoff Richard
    Buy BA and get Virgin free ?
    Airlines haven't been paying for the global overheating they contribute to, nor for the rapid spread of global pandemics.
    Bail them out? A disgusting idea. The nonflying majority have already been paying a massive subsidy to frequent flyers for years.
    I was making a joke, not a policy suggestion.
    Johnson won’t bail out Branson.

He never misses an opportunity to screw virgins.
    He's moved on from emulating Churchill to Augustus?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

The guidance very clearly states that you should only leave your house for exercise once a day. It’s not easily enforceable but it’s clear. One of the biggest challenges this country has is the number of people who know better, who can best judge the risks and think this is a matter for their own judgment. Most of the time this is a strength in this country, it makes us less prone to dictators for example, but right now it’s a problem.
    What does the law say vs the guidance? I'm following the guidance and intend to keep doing so but its certainly not unherd of that government guidance on what the law is can be wrong (even where what they think it is is sensible).
  • Options
    GideonWiseGideonWise Posts: 1,123
    DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

Yes. Boris said once a day repeatedly. Its unenforceable obviously. But its about making the principles clear. In line with that, driving miles to do exercise is not really in the spirit of the rules but it might follow the letter of the guidance. If people abuse it on mass, then it will and should be stopped.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,028
    DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

felix said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

Ah. Bugger.

Yes and given the majority would never have left the house for exercise previously it is really stupid, gives any idiot the excuse to go out. Nobody is going to fall to pieces if they don't exercise outside for a short period, it is just moronic.
This discussion has been closed.