Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And so to New Hampshire – the first full primary

Comments

• Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,896
    He has to pull in every favour he's ever been owed to get in to SC strongly. A decent SC win should transform the narrative for him.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060

Am I mad? The combined Klo and Buttigieg figure is way way more than Sanders.

Get a grip Dems.

These may not be representative districts. If urban areas are coming later, we'd expect Sanders to do better there.

But yes, if these figures are representative then it's great news for the moderates and bad news for Sanders.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

He has to pull in every favour he's ever been owed to get in to SC strongly. A decent SC win should transform the narrative for him.
    The problem he has in money. He doesn't have any. And I can't see him continuing to get decent donations.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

And he's about to crash and burn in heavily Hispanic Nevada.
  • Options
    7% in. Still:

Sanders 27%
    Buttigieg 22%
    Klobuchar 21%
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Get a grip Dems.

These may not be representative districts. If urban areas are coming later, we'd expect Sanders to do better there.

But yes, if these figures are representative then it's great news for the moderates and bad news for Sanders.
    Only if they agree who is the flag bearer.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Floater said:

off topic another big bump in infected on the cruise liner off Japan

The situation is tragic but its an ironic sort of control group to see how the infection spreads.
    My local hospital allegedly has People in full protective gear tonight from what I am hearing - so at least a possible here.
  • Options
    speedy2speedy2 Posts: 981
    edited February 2020
    Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

Again it's a very Old, very Conservative, very Republican electorate in the Democratic Primary.
  • Options
    There's no doubt that the big story of today is Klobuchar's success, and Biden and Warren collapsing. I could see a lot of Warren's vote go Klobuchar's way. Of course, this may be my book talking.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Chameleon said:

The problem he has in money. He doesn't have any. And I can't see him continuing to get decent donations.
    I've been confused about this for ages. How did Biden not end up with money? Dem elite/money bags have placed it where? Can't been Bloomberg, he doesn't need a dime.
  • Options
    Waiting for the NH Exit polls in 20 minutes' time, Bloomberg is currently 2nd favourite to win the Democratic Nomination AT 4.1 on BetfairEx = 3.95 net and 8.0 (7.65 net) to win the POTUS election in November.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

7% in. Still:

Sanders 27%
    Buttigieg 22%
    Klobuchar 21%

I'm not calling it yet, but it's very evenly spread.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Get a grip Dems.

Only if they agree who is the flag bearer.
    Yes and no.

Remember you need to get 50%+1 of the delegates. On 27:22:21, Sanders gets 9 delegates, Buttigieg 8 and Klobuchar 7.

• Options
    Biden has to retire after this surely?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,137
    edited February 2020
    10% in from NH

Sanders 29%
    Buttigieg 21%
    Klobuchar 18%
    Warren 10%
    Biden 8%
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    edited February 2020
    speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

Again it's a very Old, very Conservative, very Republican electorate in the Democratic Primary.

This is why moderate Dems win when there's a GOP incumbent.
  • Options
    nunu2 said:
    That's an excellent resource, thanks.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Chameleon said:

I've been confused about this for ages. How did Biden not end up with money? Dem elite/money bags have placed it where? Can't been Bloomberg, he doesn't need a dime.
    Maybe holding fire until the General against Trump?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

10% in from NH

Sanders 29%
    Buttigieg 21%
    Klobuchar 18%
    Warren 10%
    Biden 8%

Disastrous Biden numbers. Great Klobuchar numbers.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

I'm getting ready to call it for Sanders.
    Not yet but the results are very evenly spread in favour of Sanders.

The Conservative Democrats seem to have split their vote.
  • Options
    Now 12% reported:

Sanders 28.14%
    Buttigieg 22.68%
    Klobuchar 18.60%
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,896
    rcs1000 said:

Chameleon said:

And he's about to crash and burn in heavily Hispanic Nevada.
    Yep, the unions may possibly help him out a bit, but not enough to push him into the front again. Not keeping a cash stockpile looks to be a soon to be fatal mistake.
  • Options
    nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

Which is probably a good thing for the opposition party.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Now 12% reported:

Sanders 28.14%
    Buttigieg 22.68%
    Klobuchar 18.60%

Now

Sanders 29.59%
    Buttigieg 21.61%
    Klobuchar 18.55%
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

That's OK, it's proportional and they've got strong candidates clearing 15%.
  • Options
    If Biden pulls out then whom do you think he or his supporters might endorse from the remaining candidates?
  • Options
    It looks like Sanders by about six points from Buttigieg, who's about four points clear of Klobuchar.

That means delegates split 10:8:6

I don't know how Biden continues after this, and these are also terrible numbers for Warren.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

The first states are all about momentum not delegates.

I will probably call it for Sanders in around 15 minutes.
  • Options
    13% in:

Bernie Sanders 12,941 29.69%
    Pete Buttigieg 9,436 21.65%
    Amy Klobuchar 8,062 18.50%
  • Options

If Biden pulls out then whom do you think he or his supporters might endorse from the remaining candidates?

He won't pull out, he will go to South Carolina where he still leads.

If as now looks likely Sanders wins New Hampshire and Warren is effectively eliminated, the race will be on between Buttigieg, Biden and Klobuchar to be the leading moderate to take on the leftist Sanders
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

We're 13% in, it would be very surprising now if Sanders doesn't win.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

It looks like Sanders by about six points from Buttigieg, who's about four points clear of Klobuchar.

That means delegates split 10:8:6

I don't know how Biden continues after this, and these are also terrible numbers for Warren.

He will continue until South Carolina.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

The majority of the population are in the counties Sanders is doing best, he's won.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

If as now looks likely Sanders wins New Hampshire and Warren is effectively eliminated, the race will be on between Buttigieg, Biden and Klobuchar to be the leading moderate to take on the leftist Sanders
    Warren's best early state is Nevada, so she'll probably want to hang on for that. And she's OK (not great, but OK) for money.

Biden though may go bust before South Carolina.
  • Options
    14%:

Bernie Sanders 13,757 28.83%
    Pete Buttigieg 10,361 21.71%
    Amy Klobuchar 9,157 19.19%
  • Options

KLOBUCHAR

And to a lesser extent Mayor Pete
  • Options

KLOBUCHAR

I agree.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

The majority of the population are in the counties Sanders is doing best, he's won.
    I know. but the Polls don't officially close until for another 7 minutes.
  • Options

KLOBUCHAR

That being said, Klobuchar has the problem of not having amazing organisation in Nevada. It's a caucus state and organisation matters.
  • Options
    15%:

Bernie Sanders 13,757 28.73%
    Pete Buttigieg 10,361 21.64%
    Amy Klobuchar 9,157 19.12%
  • Options
    16:

Bernie Sanders 14,398 28.69%
    Pete Buttigieg 11,070 22.06%
    Amy Klobuchar 9,450 18.83%
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

KLOBUCHAR

That being said, Klobuchar has the problem of not having amazing organisation in Nevada. It's a caucus state and organisation matters.
    I expect another disaster in Nevada which, like in Iowa, we will never know who won.
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

KLOBUCHAR

I expect another disaster in Nevada which, like in Iowa, we will never know who won.
    We know who won in Iowa. Sanders got most votes. Buttigieg got most SDEs.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    From preliminary results, looks like only the top 3 will be hitting the viability threshold. Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that'll hold at the district level too. That's good news for Sanders.
  • Options
    16.2%:

Bernie Sanders 15,028 28.78%
    Pete Buttigieg 11,308 21.66%
    Amy Klobuchar 10,019 19.19%
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

KLOBUCHAR

And if all the arithmetic errors were cleared up?
  • Options
    16.5%:

Bernie Sanders 15,351 28.00%
    Pete Buttigieg 12,451 22.71%
    Amy Klobuchar 10,498 19.15%
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

KLOBUCHAR

Nevada is never really significant anyway in the way Iowa, New Hampshire or South Carolina are, no nominee has failed to win one of those 3 states
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The race will be on between Buttigieg and Klobuchar.

Biden campaign's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This campaign is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to South Carolina 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CAMPAIGN!!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

speedy2 said:

rcs1000 said:

KLOBUCHAR

Can you tell BF that please?
  • Options
    16.8%:

Bernie Sanders 15,740 28.04%
    Pete Buttigieg 12,570 22.39%
    Amy Klobuchar 11,056 19.70%
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1227347499461021698

Very strange how none of the massive maomentum mob managed to find a train to Stoke to help her out during the GE, despite her calling repeatedly for assistance.
    To be fair would you really want to go to Stoke?

I mean the place is a shit hole.
    Oi, I'm originally from that part of the world....
    You have my sympathies.

What's the best thing to come out of Stoke? The A500*.

*Apologies if it isn't the A500 but some other A road.
    “The noblest prospect which a Scotchman ever sees, is the high road that leads him to England!”

Samuel Johnson
    How typical
    How humourless.

Any fule no that Dr Johnson was poking fun at his Scottish friend and ultimately biographer, Boswell!

London had seen an influx of Scots benefitting from the freedom of movement afforded by the Union (one curiously the current regime wants to end) and Johnson enjoyed poking fun at them.

His definition for Oats:

oats: 'a grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.'
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    rcs1000 said:

16.8%:

On those numbers, delegates go 9:8:7, with Sanders being slightly screwed on the rounding.
  • Options
    This is game over for Warren surely?
  • Options
    18.9%:

Bernie Sanders 17,101 27.59%
    Pete Buttigieg 13,957 22.52%
    Amy Klobuchar 12,182 19.65%
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

16.8%:

On those numbers, delegates go 9:8:7, with Sanders being slightly screwed on the rounding.
    How do you work that out?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Biden campaign's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This campaign is no more! It has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to South Carolina 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-CAMPAIGN!!
    https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1225583007525933059?s=20
  • Options
    19.2%:

Bernie Sanders 17,976 28.26%
    Pete Buttigieg 14,119 22.20%
    Amy Klobuchar 12,366 19.44%
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,363

Yes, hard to see a way forward for her. Biden has SC, perhaps. Buttigieg and Klobouchar have some momentum, Sanders is doing well but not overwhelmingly. But Warren?
  • Options
    538: "MATT GROSSMANN8:01 PM
    Since Biden was Sanders’s largest obstacle to the nomination — and since the field of alternatives to Sanders remains fractured — Biden’s fall (and replacement by more than one moderate alternative) is good news for Sanders. Neither Buttigieg nor Klobuchar have thus far shown any sign of being able to consolidate African American support, which was key to Biden’s potential majority.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

That poll's fieldwork predates even Iowa.
  • Options
    nunu2 said:

speedy2 said:

Exit Polls snipps

11% under 24
    34% over 65 years old

Which is probably a good thing for the opposition party.
    Speaking of which, South Carolina is also an open primary. Who will the racist white people vote for? Not necessarily Obama's VP.
  • Options
    19.5%:

Bernie Sanders 18,173 28.39%
    Pete Buttigieg 14,119 22.06%
    Amy Klobuchar 12,513 19.55%
  • Options
    Andrew Yang Out.
  • Options

From preliminary results, looks like only the top 3 will be hitting the viability threshold. Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that'll hold at the district level too. That's good news for Sanders.

Good news for Sanders - we knew he'd do well but he's not really beating expectations, but may knock out Warren.
    Great news for Buttigieg and Klobuchar who've done much better than people reasonably forecast a month ago and probably knocked out Biden.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:
    That is substantially behind Buzzfeed
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

South Carolina is a deep South state, it is not going to vote for a socialist, a homosexual or a woman, the black vote will also go for Biden
  • Options

Yes, hard to see a way forward for her. Biden has SC, perhaps. Buttigieg and Klobouchar have some momentum, Sanders is doing well but not overwhelmingly. But Warren?
    She was the future once etc etc.

Politics is brutal.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,954
    edited February 2020
    Iowa Democratic Caucus, Hour 1. This is really predictable!
    Iowa Democratic Caucus, Hour 12. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, what happened!

After that debacle, we wont predict from incomplete unrepresentative returns ever again, oh no, lesson leaned, no siree...

New Hampshire Democratic Primary, Hour 1. This is really predictable!...

Never change, PB... :)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

South Carolina is a deep South state, it is not going to vote for a socialist, a homosexual or a woman
    Want to bet? I reckon it'll go for one of those.
  • Options
    20.5%:

Bernie Sanders 18,557 27.91%
    Pete Buttigieg 15,018 22.59%
    Amy Klobuchar 12,813 19.27%
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

That poll is from a long time ago.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,913
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:
    That is substantially behind Buzzfeed
    I'll move to Buzzfeed.
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

Andrew Yang Out.

He might as well have waited until half the results were in.
  • Options

@Sunil_Prasannan , have you hacked @Philip_Thompson 's account?... :)
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    viewcode said:

Iowa Democratic Caucus, Hour 1. This is really predictable!
    Iowa Democratic Caucus, Hour 12. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, what happened!

After that debacle, we wont predict from incomplete unrepresentative returns ever again, oh no, lesson leaned, no siree...

New Hampshire Democratic Caucus, Hour 1. This is really predictable!...

Never change, PB... :)

New Hampshire is a primary, not a dumb caucus. That's why it's relatively predictable.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    21.8% in:

Bernie Sanders 19,429 28.38%
    Pete Buttigieg 15,124 22.09%
    Amy Klobuchar 13,074 19.09%
  • Options
    Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3
  • Options
    I might have to go to bed soon, knowing that Dem primary voters appear to want Sanders to take on Trump.

Idiots and self-indulgent fools.

If this isn't Corbynism all over again then I am a Dutchman.
  • Options
    22.6% in:

Bernie Sanders 20,308 28.67%
    Pete Buttigieg 15,678 22.13%
    Amy Klobuchar 13,467 19.01%
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,321
    edited February 2020
    Trump must be laughing himself to sleep tonight
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Utter twats.
  • Options
    speedy2 said:

Andrew Yang Out.

What will all those reddit / 4chan basement dwellers now do with their days?
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,363
    speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Disaster for Warren, bad for Biden, OK for Sanders and Buttigieg, good for Lobouchar.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

That poll is from a long time ago.
    9 days ago is not a long time ago
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

22.6% in:

Bernie Sanders 20,308 28.67%
    Pete Buttigieg 15,678 22.13%
    Amy Klobuchar 13,467 19.01%

That is 10:8:6 on the delegate count.
  • Options

New Hampshire is a primary, not a dumb caucus...

Thank you. I have changed the post.

• Options
    23.2% in:

Bernie Sanders 20,895 28.53%
    Pete Buttigieg 16,300 22.26%
    Amy Klobuchar 13,920 19.01%

Looks like a Sanders win, but not a particularly convincing one. Great news for Ms Klobuchar. Terrible news for Biden and Warren.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26
    Buttigieg 23
    Klobuchar 21
    Biden 10
    Warren 9
    Gabbard 4
    Steyer 3
    Yang 3

Disaster for Warren, bad for Biden, OK for Sanders and Buttigieg, good for Lobouchar.
    V good for Klobucher I would say.
  • Options

I might have to go to bed soon, knowing that Dem primary voters appear to want Sanders to take on Trump.

Idiots and self-indulgent fools.

If this isn't Corbynism all over again then I am a Dutchman.

He needs 50%+1. He's on less than 30%.

Admittedly the split on the moderate side won't help because you lose some delegates to the 15% thresholds but it seems plausible that Biden throws in the towel while Warren stays in, in which both sides are getting delegates rounded down.
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Andrew Yang Out.

What will all those reddit / 4chan basement dwellers now do with their days?
    Vote Sanders.
  • Options
    23.9%:

Bernie Sanders 21,258 28.46%
    Pete Buttigieg 16,588 22.20%
    Amy Klobuchar 14,301 19.14%
  • Options

speedy2 said:

Exit Poll.

Sanders 26