Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Reflections from Cyclefree: Here We Go (Again)

Comments

• Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

nico67 said:

I’m a bit dubious of that Polish poll even though as a Remainer I should welcome it . That’s an astonishing result . I’d expect a big majority for Remain but 94%.

I do have criticisms of the EU in the inability to sanction countries who sign up for membership then fail to adhere to their agreements . Orban is happy to have had the benefits by way of EU structural funds , an improving economy and then goes round trashing the EU and moving Hungary backwards democratically . And then when the EU criticize his actions he then shouts interference.

Although the UK has sadly left and was a bit awkward at times during its membership it did generally play by the rules .

I don't think it's surprising. They are huge net beneficiaries - why would you turn down 10 billion a year?
    So it's all about the cash for you guys? Glad that we cleared that up.
    It's a nice sweetener. You think that receiving 10bn euros a year makes the EU less popular?
    It helps to know that the taking back control and regaining sovereignty was just bullshit icing on the £350m a week for the NHS. Knowing how attached your political opponents are to actual principles is always useful
    Happy Independence Day, Uniondivvie!
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873

Leadership race going on as

Keir Starmer got 22 CLPs today
    Long-Bailey was nominated by 7 new CLPs
    Nandy got 1
    and Thornberry is still at 9

https://twitter.com/CLPNominations/status/1223709807149973506?s=20

Going by that map Nandy and RLB marginally ahead in the Red wall seats.

Way behind in remainersville
  • Options
    I think I now have a visualisation I can attach to HYUFD's posts.

https://twitter.com/RossMcCaff/status/1223367071372926976?s=20
  • Options
    Gabs3Gabs3 Posts: 836
    MaxPB said:

Gabs3 said:

FF43 said:

I think there's a sizeable risk, the UK government decides the EU isn't offering enough to take on the obligations it also demanding. Time though is on the EU's side. Unless the UK is prepared to not to have an agreement with the EU on anything, ever, it will sooner or later have to meet EU demands. There will be a lot of interests pushing for this in the UK.

And if you going to accept those demands eventually anyway, you might as well take them sooner.

We will end up in a mess if the commentariat in the UK accepts the exact linking of benefits and obligations the EU proposes. The problem for the whole negotiation so far is that the media only discussed the internal politics of the UK side, accepting the EU position as written in stone.

For example, it seems perfectly reasonable that mutual recognition of professional qualifications can be done without free movement of labour. The EU will insist they are linked, but if that is accepted as a necessary linkage, we will not get either. Equally, while a degree of level playing field provisions are usually required in FTAs, what the EU is demanding is unprecedented. If Remainer activists and reporters accept the EU's framing of LPF hoping the UK is bounced into all of it, we will end up with a much harder Brexit.
    Indeed, we literally went through this process with the May government and then we got Boris brexit which makes no provision for customs or ongoing trade after 2020. Remainers like FF43 are deluding themselves that the UK will blindly accept whatever the EU is selling. We didn't accept the May prison, and it's highly likely that Boris will go for deal de minimis than accept a changeable level playing field on the whim of the commission or the trade deal being arbitrated by the ECJ.
    The May deal was not a prison. It was a better Brexit than we will get. But Remainers were too strategically inept to vote for it. We need to accept there is a Tory government who will operate in certain political limits. Boris is clearly not going to accept LPF requirements above Canada, free movement or permanent EU rights in our waters. We need to work hard to make the EU realise that. EU membership is gone. Soft Brexit is gone. Medium Brexit is gone. We need to fight for Medium-Hard or we will get the Hardest of Hard ones.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,634

Look North at BREXIT party in Skipton last night.

Bloke behind presenter shaved head pint of lager and a t shirt with slogan 2 world wars and 1 Referendum.

If you wanted to prove an offensive stereotype ffs

That was SKIPTON?!?

First the Filmore & Union closes.
    Then House of Fraser shuts down.
    Now this!

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,634

It has to be him!

Come on HY, admit it!
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344
    Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

In the meantime - is Sir Keir really a sub 1.4 shot ?

Better, imho. He has a huge CLP lead, and CLP votes are all party members voting. In both of Corbyn's wins the CLPs were fairly accurate for the wider membership, even getting the 1-2-3-4 order perfect in 2015 (not bad on the gaps between each candidate too). Starmer has big leads in YouGov polls even when Phillips was on 10%+ of the vote which is pretty likely to go mostly to him now.

Personally I think his price is only as long as it is thanks to the sparse polling and people not trusting the CLPs as an indicator. I suspect another poll will come out around the time the final ballot is decided (so roughly a fortnight from now) and show his lead similar or larger than before and his price will collapse. I also suspect it will show Nandy still well back in 3rd.
    Agree - the people who turn up at nomination meetings seem be a fair guide to the membership. Nandy and RLB need to shake the contest up - at present Starmer is playing it safe, and why wouldn't he?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

If you say Brexit three times, he will appear.......
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972

Crap. What do I do now?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,292

Bloke behind presenter shaved head pint of lager and a t shirt with slogan 2 world wars and 1 Referendum.

I still can’t recall any referendum in the USA?
  • Options

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Better, imho. He has a huge CLP lead, and CLP votes are all party members voting. In both of Corbyn's wins the CLPs were fairly accurate for the wider membership, even getting the 1-2-3-4 order perfect in 2015 (not bad on the gaps between each candidate too). Starmer has big leads in YouGov polls even when Phillips was on 10%+ of the vote which is pretty likely to go mostly to him now.

Personally I think his price is only as long as it is thanks to the sparse polling and people not trusting the CLPs as an indicator. I suspect another poll will come out around the time the final ballot is decided (so roughly a fortnight from now) and show his lead similar or larger than before and his price will collapse. I also suspect it will show Nandy still well back in 3rd.
    Agree - the people who turn up at nomination meetings seem be a fair guide to the membership. Nandy and RLB need to shake the contest up - at present Starmer is playing it safe, and why wouldn't he?
    I've really messed up on Lab leadership. Red on Starmer.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    RobD said:

Crap. What do I do now?
    Nothing. But a weird little figure will forever photobomb every image you will ever take.....
  • Options

That was SKIPTON?!?

First the Filmore & Union closes.
    Then House of Fraser shuts down.
    Now this!

It's worse you could go in the BREXIT celebration pub and tell the following joke and people would say so what.

"A man was killed today after being shot with a starting pistol Police believe its race related "

Gets coat!!
  • Options

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

I think he is very likely to win and his odds are likely to continue to shorten.

Sorry
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    Barnesian said:

On reflection I realise that the reason I'm so upset about Brexit is basically that I'm a sore loser.  I'm very competitive and I supported the Remainer team. I enjoyed the fight but didn't like losing.

I'd have liked to stay in the EU but there were things about the EU that I didn't like.  The CAP policy for the benefit of French farmers.  The appalling treatment of Greece and the confiscation of their assets (ports and airfields etc) driven by Wolfgang Schäuble with an ultra austerity policy.  So I'm happy to make the most of being outside the EU.

I'm also quite happy with Boris so far.  He seems to be sticking two fingers up to Trump on Huawei and taxing US multinationals.  I hope, having escaped the yoke of the EU he doesn't accept the yoke of the US.  He's also following a Corbyn economic policy which I approve of.  Corbyn might have failed but he's moved the centre of gravity of economic policy leftwards.  Nationalising Northern Rail.  Borrowing vast amounts (at low interest rates) to invest in infrastructure.  Levelling up.  It's not all bad.

Scab! ;)
  • Options

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

I think he is very likely to win and his odds are likely to continue to shorten.

Sorry
    Between this and Bernie, I think we'll have to organise a whip-round for our dear rottenborough.
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

On reflection I realise that the reason I'm so upset about Brexit is basically that I'm a sore loser.  I'm very competitive and I supported the Remainer team. I enjoyed the fight but didn't like losing.

I'd have liked to stay in the EU but there were things about the EU that I didn't like.  The CAP policy for the benefit of French farmers.  The appalling treatment of Greece and the confiscation of their assets (ports and airfields etc) driven by Wolfgang Schäuble with an ultra austerity policy.  So I'm happy to make the most of being outside the EU.

I'm also quite happy with Boris so far.  He seems to be sticking two fingers up to Trump on Huawei and taxing US multinationals.  I hope, having escaped the yoke of the EU he doesn't accept the yoke of the US.  He's also following a Corbyn economic policy which I approve of.  Corbyn might have failed but he's moved the centre of gravity of economic policy leftwards.  Nationalising Northern Rail.  Borrowing vast amounts (at low interest rates) to invest in infrastructure.  Levelling up.  It's not all bad.

Good for you.

That's a very generous post, and can't have been easy to write, and I appreciate it.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028

It has to be him!

Come on HY, admit it!
    Sadly not, I was at Epping Brexit Party last night not Romford's
  • Options
    RobD said:

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

Sorry
    Between this and Bernie, I think we'll have to organise a whip-round for our dear rottenborough.
    Thanks. :lol:

There's always hope. If Buttigieg becomes the Come Back Kid, then I am buying a new iphone.
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    So Thornabry is at 9 CLPs out of 218, less than the 5% threshold still and with about 1/3 of CLPs now having nominated it looks like she is going to be borderline, at to whether she gets on the final ballot. and close to impossible to see her winning.

Would it not be more dignified to drop out now? or is there something I'm not seeing?
  • Options
    Any news on Byronic?

Has the stomach pump been successful?

• Options
    This is one of the worst laid out front pages I have ever seen. What a mess. Too many English Ales for the editor and team last night?

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1223732659060387842/photo/1
  • Options
    FF43 said:

I think there's a sizeable risk, the UK government decides the EU isn't offering enough to take on the obligations it also demanding. Time though is on the EU's side. Unless the UK is prepared to not to have an agreement with the EU on anything, ever, it will sooner or later have to meet EU demands. There will be a lot of interests pushing for this in the UK.

And if you going to accept those demands eventually anyway, you might as well take them sooner.

That post is laced with self-doubt and fear that you might actually be... wrong
  • Options
    I think someone in the national contingency planning center has a sense of humour.
  • Options
    BigRich said:

So Thornabry is at 9 CLPs out of 218, less than the 5% threshold still and with about 1/3 of CLPs now having nominated it looks like she is going to be borderline, at to whether she gets on the final ballot. and close to impossible to see her winning.

Would it not be more dignified to drop out now? or is there something I'm not seeing?

I have been wondering the same.

Maybe there is the hope that Starmer blows up for some skeleton in the closet?
  • Options
  • Options
    You've lost me. The driver is expendable?

• Options
    Gabs3 said:
    What's the issue? I was told categorically that all Leavers were racist scum.
  • Options

Look at the name of the bus under the window, and then count how many there are.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

The four Horseman coaches......
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

The problem with modern social media is that it allows us to wallow in groupthink with like minded people that stops these sort of thoughtful reflections. Kudos to you for doing it nonetheless.
  • Options

The four Horsemen coaches......
    I assume the coronavirus patients get on the pestilence one?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

Sorry
    I must admit I am lost. I fully expected the Dems to do anything - ANYTHING!!! - to win against Trump and in my world electing Bernie as nominee does not fit into that. So what the hell CA dems are thinking is beyond me.

And I also expected the Labour membership to take one more run around the chairs before deciding that electability was a factor.
  • Options

RobD said:

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

Sorry
    I must admit I am lost. I fully expected the Dems to do anything - ANYTHING!!! - to win against Trump and in my world electing Bernie as nominee does not fit into that. So what the hell CA dems are thinking is beyond me.

And I also expected the Labour membership to take one more run around the chairs before deciding that electability was a factor.
    Sanders performs better than Klobuchar or Buttigieg in the polling.
  • Options
    RobD said:

The pale one. Death.

Oh shit, they're all white.....
  • Options
    RobD said:
    A BrexitWatch will just just tell you how long since we left the EU......
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

BigRich said:

Unlikely that many more than 500 CLPs will end up nominating . If so, we are almost half way there now!
  • Options
    justin124 said:

BigRich said:

Unlikely that many more than 500 CLPs will end up nominating . If so, we are almost half way there now!
    Given the nominations now have a meaning, why wouldn't they all?
  • Options
    Gabs3 said:

RobD said:

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

Sorry

Sanders performs better than Klobuchar or Buttigieg in the polling.
    Genuinely LOL.

As @SeanT would probably say, that polling is so shit it invented the flush toilet.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    Day 1 and it's your baby now. Have you a plan to replace trade with the European Union by 2021 yet, or is it still f*** business?
  • Options
    EPG said:

Day 1 and it's your baby now. Have you a plan to replace trade with the European Union by 2021 yet, or is it still f*** business?

I think the plan is to keep trading.
  • Options

I think that those who dislike Corbyn understimated the extent to which the membership are fond of him personally, rather than automatically up for any left-wing candidate. The reaction to the PLP putsch really cemented that Now he's moving on, the normal range of centre-left opinion is reasserting itself.
  • Options
    alteregoalterego Posts: 1,100

RobD said:

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

Sorry

Second para - me too.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,837

Four Horseman coaches (look at the logos)
  • Options

I think that those who dislike Corbyn understimated the extent to which the membership are fond of him personally, rather than automatically up for any left-wing candidate. The reaction to the PLP putsch really cemented that Now he's moving on, the normal range of centre-left opinion is reasserting itself.
    I think its more than that, its also the size of the Tory majority. Hard for the far left to shake the whole "worst election result since 1935" tag - a soundbite like that is damning.

I said pre-election that a hammering is what Labour needed to see reality. Had we had 2017 redux then the far left could argue "one more push" but for Rebecca Wrong Daily to be rating Corbyn's leadership as 10/10 following the "worst result since 1935" is just damning. It makes her look absolutely delusional.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,013
    RobD said:

EPG said:

Funny then that today's media grid is about preparing people for jingoistic customs barriers against all comers.
  • Options
    Looks like bridge building isn't going to be BJ's thing.

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1223734329806925824?s=20
  • Options
    EPG said:

RobD said:

EPG said:

Funny then that today's media grid is about preparing people for jingoistic customs barriers against all comers.
    I am confident that trade will continue.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

RobD said:

Quincel said:

TGOHF666 said:

Oh dear.

Sorry

I have cut my loses on the Lab race, a 70 quid loss and a lesson learned about try to second guess market movements when you already have an all green position.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    At least I am not isam
  • Options

You are probably right. I have no idea why they are fond of him. Honestly, none whatsoever.

He is no Micheal Foot nor Tony Benn. Not even close.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

You are probably right. I have no idea why they are fond of him. Honestly, none whatsoever.

I always wanted to like Foot, but struggled - he seemed unremittingly stern. Benn was a good diarist and thoughtful, but when I knew him he'd acquired a good deal of vanity - he really liked playing elder statesman. I've knoiwn Corbyn on and off all my adult life - he's not cuddly, but he's my idea of an upright politician - principles 100%, self 0%. Obviously it helps that I agree with most of the principles, but I do like to see ideas put before ego in opponents too (I like Letwin for similar reasons).
  • Options

Character is destiny. Boris will do what he has done his entire life. Fuck up, blame others, run away, and be forgiven
  • Options

RobD said:

The pale one. Death.

Oh shit, they're all white.....
    There's a man going round taking names....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwBigliX1Bo
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,648
    edited February 2020
    viewcode said:

Indeed.
    But I too wondered about the drivers earlier on today, when I saw a picture of one driving, with a guy in a bio suit next to him.
    Apparently the company said no protective gear was necessary.... but they’d be quarantined for two weeks after the journey.

Caring employers.

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,007
    Two hours, forty two minutes until the ultimate Iowa poll.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,648
    Excellent article, Cyclefree.
    And all the better for leaving your question at the end unanswered.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Aren't you jet lagged?
  • Options
    EPG said:

RobD said:

EPG said:

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. At least now our government in the negotiations can carry a big stick without having their hands tied behind their back by saboteurs back home.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

My wallet is sweeting.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    edited February 2020
    Alistair said:

At least I am not isam

Why would you say that?!!

Oh the terrible position on Labour leader betting? Fair play
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

Indeed.
    But I too wondered about the drivers earlier on today, when I saw a picture of one driving, with a guy in a bio suit next to him.
    Apparently the company said no protective gear was necessary.... but they’d be quarantined for two weeks after the journey.

Caring employers.

Paid leave though (according to the news this am). I'm assuming it was entirely voluntary, though maybe naive of me.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050

Comrade...I don't think you speak holistically for the membership...I've been a member since 1983 and I fucking loathe Corbyn and his pathetic posturing....and his group of acolytes.....

I saw the Corbyn debacle for what it was from the outset...and now with a populist Toy Govt just elected, the hardest of hard Brexits....Corbyn deserves his place in the shithole of fuckups......and that is putting it kindly Nick....
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Aren't you jet lagged?
    Just about to have a nap
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    tyson said:

Comrade...I don't think you speak holistically for the membership...I've been a member since 1982 and I fucking loathe Corbyn and his pathetic posturing....and his group of acolytes.....

I saw the Corbyn debacle for what it was from the outset...and now with a populist Toy Govt just elected, the hardest of hard Brexits....Corbyn deserves his place in the shithole of fuckups......and that is putting it kindly Nick....
  • Options

BJ?? :lol: you think he knows about any of this. The whole thing smacks of another Cummings briefing.
  • Options
    Does anyone believe in reincarnation?
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,772

BJ?? :lol: you think he knows about any of this. The whole thing smacks of another Cummings briefing.
    As does this:

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1223726604901371905?s=20
  • Options
    I am so glad that Northern Leavers have stuck it to the elite:

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1223723899277410309
  • Options
    RobD said:

Gabs3 said:
    This sort of thing is why Brexit is happening and why the Remainite Left luvvies will keep on losing. Let's write off 17 million as racists. The reality is most of them probably never even gave the EU a thought before the referendum, it's just become a totem to them as a means of demonstrating that they are in control. How galling it must be for them to have been outwitted and outvoted by a bunch of thick plebs.
  • Options
    RobD said:

That flu right over my head...
  • Options
    tyson said:

tyson said:

Comrade...I don't think you speak holistically for the membership...I've been a member since 1982 and I fucking loathe Corbyn and his pathetic posturing....and his group of acolytes.....

I like the idea of a Toy Govt.

Boris as Action Man?
  • Options
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/katieglueck/status/1223753170805035008

https://twitter.com/katieglueck/status/1223753579930038272

I'm holding on to solid pieces of furniture in the belief that in general Dem primary voters aren't going to do this.
  • Options
    houndtang said:

RobD said:

Gabs3 said:
    This sort of thing is why Brexit is happening and why the Remainite Left luvvies will keep on losing. Let's write off 17 million as racists. The reality is most of them probably never even gave the EU a thought before the referendum, it's just become a totem to them as a means of demonstrating that they are in control. How galling it must be for them to have been outwitted and outvoted by a bunch of thick plebs.
    :+1: Yes indeed. It is really annoying
  • Options

Does anyone believe in reincarnation?

One life is enough. I would not want to have to go through another one....
  • Options

houndtang said:

RobD said:

Gabs3 said:
    Happy Independence Day, Bev :)
  • Options

houndtang said:

RobD said:

Gabs3 said:
    Happy Independence Day, Bev :)
    Thank you Sunil, but you are about 2 weeks too late - it was 21st Jan.
  • Options
    RobD said:
    Here's the thing, though.

If the electorate is that fragmented, wouldn't it be better to have an electoral system that recognised it?

We're lucky. We had a government that got a proper electoral mandate with a decent vote share.

But imagine if a government got a majority on less than a quarter of the vote?

(I must admit, I also quite like the Irish system, because it allows for a reasonable number of independents.)
  • Options

I always wanted to like Foot, but struggled - he seemed unremittingly stern. Benn was a good diarist and thoughtful, but when I knew him he'd acquired a good deal of vanity - he really liked playing elder statesman. I've knoiwn Corbyn on and off all my adult life - he's not cuddly, but he's my idea of an upright politician - principles 100%, self 0%. Obviously it helps that I agree with most of the principles, but I do like to see ideas put before ego in opponents too (I like Letwin for similar reasons).
    Surprised you felt that about Michael Foot. Everybody I have come across who met him have commented on how nice a guy he was.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Forty one minutes.

The last Des Moines Register poll had the top four candidates within six points of each other.

In the last two weeks, we've had Sanders move out in front of the other candidates, moving (in most polls) to 20-25% of the vote.

Biden is probably just below that. While Buttigieg is averaging 17-18%, Warren 15-16%, and Klobuchar is probably now in double digits.

There are two crucial questions now:

1. Where do second choices from Steyer, Bloomberg, Yang, Gabbard and the like go? (And in how many places is Warren viable? The more viable she is, the harder Sanders' job is. The same is true of Klobuchar: if she's viable everywhere, then that's bad news for Buttigeg and Biden who were relying on picking up her second preferences.)

2. How many of Biden's slightly less politically engaged voters turn up to caucuses? And how well organised is he on the ground? He's the natural candidate of the moderate stream, and should be the compromise candidate for moderates who's preferred option doesn't make the cut. But if he doesn't have people on the ground, or if Buttigieg or Klobuchar supporters outnumber his, then it might be they who become the moderate champion.
  • Options
    As a reminder, The Des Moines Register previously had:
    Sanders     20%
    Warren 17%
    Buttigieg 16%
    Biden 15%
    Klobuchar 6%
    My guess would be that the combined Sanders + Warren total remains around 37%, with Warren dropping three, and Sanders gaining three.

The total Buttigieg + Biden + Klobuchar total is likely to rise three points due to the departure of Booker from the race. Klobuchar, however, is likely to have been the main benificary, and to have picked up from Buttigieg too. So I'm guessing:
    Sanders     23%
    Warren 14%
    Buttigieg 14%
    Biden 14%
    Klobuchar 12%
    The thing is, this is still incredibly unpredictable. Simply, there will be an awful lot of second choices to redistribute.
  • Options
    EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

If the electorate is that fragmented, wouldn't it be better to have an electoral system that recognised it?

We're lucky. We had a government that got a proper electoral mandate with a decent vote share.

(I must admit, I also quite like the Irish system, because it allows for a reasonable number of independents.)
    Chicken and egg. FPTP forces the elctorate to make proper decisions; PR allows it to fragment.
  • Options
    Britain Elects
    @britainelects
    Westminster voting intention:

CON: 44% (-)
    LAB: 33% (+1)
    LDEM: 10% (-2)
    BREX: 3% (+1)
    GRN: 3% (-)

via @Survation
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Insomnia like me or did you stay up especially for this big event?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Insomnia like me or did you stay up especially for this big event?
    I've stayed up for this
  • Options
    Endillion said:

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Chicken and egg. FPTP forces the elctorate to make proper decisions; PR allows it to fragment.
    Scotland - where four parties have seats, and the results are highly disproportionate - suggests that's not always true.
This discussion has been closed.