Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Reflections from Cyclefree: Here We Go (Again)

124»

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,007
    The Iowa poll is not being released!

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1223789385373626369
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972
    justin124 said:

Britain Elects
    @britainelects
    Westminster voting intention:

CON: 44% (-)
    LAB: 33% (+1)
    LDEM: 10% (-2)
    BREX: 3% (+1)
    GRN: 3% (-)

via @Survation

Lab surge :o
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,007
    rcs1000 said:
    It appears that at least one interviewer was choosing not to read Buttigieg's name out of the list of options.

I don't know why they couldn't just bin that interviewer's responses, but hey ho.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972
    rcs1000 said:
    That sounds extremely desperate.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

tlg86 said:

Insomnia like me or did you stay up especially for this big event?
    I've stayed up for this
    My commiserations, I see the conspiracy theories are off and running.
  • Options
    New thread on the Iowa poll not
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    edited February 2020
    Then maybe people should not have made that so easy for the brexiteers. David Allen green is clearly very bright but smug as all hell.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,360
    test
  • Options
    "But who is this “we”? Are “we” even one people anymore? And what kind of a people will “we” now be? We shall see."

Observant piece from Cyclefree as ever. "We" does not include most Scots now, and I suspect a lot of people in Northern Ireland feel like outsiders too. Johnson is carrying a group of people with him but I suspect it's a smaller group than he thinks.

Some of you will have seen Scotland making links directly with Europe on Friday night. This is not accidental and it reflects the fact that there is 51% and building for independence, and about 75% think Brexit was a bad idea, in Scotland.

So I would say now is the time to decide what you think about being English, and what English nationality/nationalism means to you, because British is an obsolescent term. England/Englishness does not have to be associated with skinheads and football hooligans, it can describe decent and thoughtful English people.

Those of you who decry nationalism, think about what your nation is and what you feel about it. I think we all have some sort of ties to the state we live in, we all need to belong to a group who think as we do. It's just that for me Britain is not that state and for you Britain is about to break up and you will need to think about England.

It would help England and the rest of the world if you are realistic about how much world power England really has, and we are going to need to have a serious conversation about your nuclear weapons which are presently based in Scotland about 40 miles from our biggest city.

This is not a hostile message, think of it as a letter from a critical friend. I know lots of decent English people and I fear for their future, but here in Scotland the lifeboats are now swung out and hanging from the davits. People are preparing to board them.

This discussion has been closed.