Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Let’s talk about Islamophobia

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,898

The Tories lied again.

You'll need to narrow that down for me.
  • Options
    ByronicByronic Posts: 3,578

Byronic said:

I half expected there to be a P.S. card saying meet me in Room X at the hotel round the corner in 10 minutes...
    https://youtu.be/nj-YK3JJCIU

It's going viral. Clever stuff
    He's just copying Rosena Allin-Khan...

https://twitter.com/DrRosena/status/1197884965444366337?s=20
    But he is better at it
    Blimey any twit can flip a few cards. Even I could do it I reckon! :wink:
    ALSO, the Love Actually "original" is itself a parody/hommage of the Bob Dylan vid.

So the Labour woman is claiming her parody of a parody is somehow the sacred version. It's Jeezophrenic stupidity to the BILLION
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

RobD said:

Updated chart with the two good polls for Labour:

https://imgur.com/7agnQoq

Presumably the ICM 6% lead. What was the other one? (I've been out all day)

Great chart btw :smile:
    There was a ComRes using the same methodology as the remain alliance poll (as opposed to the one fused or the Telegraph)
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Byronic said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

OK. That Johnson Love Actually Video. Park your personal opinions and respect the craft. That is *sensational* politics. Genuinely the best thing in this campaign. And to swing voters in a fuckton of seats that will pull on the heartstrings just as much as the boy on the hospital floor would the opposite way.

It actually made me a bit sick but then I’m a bloke who has never seen the film and yet is still voting Tory. Well it wasn’t enough to lose my vote at least! But yes CCHQ has done very well, compare to Jezza mean tweets which is an idea from a US chat show and you can see the different demographics they are gunning for.
    I thought it was even more effing creepy than the original movie.

As I said down-thread, people that loathe Boris will loathe this times a million, Like you.

This is aimed at swing voters, doubters, and, especially, women. To make him look lonely and a bit vulnerable, but on our side. Meta-Churchillian.

It does that superbly. I wonder if they have been saving this for a really bad day of the campaign. Hence, today.
    No, this is the backloading we've been promised coming into operation. Tory campaign's been a bit stiffer in the past few days and apparently their online spend is now going through the roof.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,095

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

There are 65,000 electors in Putney, most of whom probably will not take too kindly to their street being flooded with Momentum activists when they are cooking the dinner
    True. But it is an impressive turnout. Is there a record for this type of thing?
    Most of this Momentum activity is in London, it is the likes of Grimsby, Bolsover, Vale of Clwyd and other Labour Leave seats north of Watford Labour really needs to be in at the moment en masse to prevent a Tory majority given current polls, not targeting a handful of Tory held London seats
    I'm 120 miles north of London. I've never seen a turnout of Labour helpers in my life. Not saying that it'll make a difference, but it's quite extraordinary, and I'm aware of similar numbers being flung at the red wall seats.
    You are in Surrey and Broxtowe and no there are not those numbers in Grimsby, Workington, Vale of Clwyd etc. ]

Plus having spent the weekend campaigning in Chingford, Harlow and Enfield Southgate it is not as if we Tories are doing nothing either
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

BluerBlue said:

How many points is this tedious rubbish worth? How many seats?
    Tedious rubbish?

The NHS is on its knees. For the majority of people in this country it really really matters.
    Thing is I've been told its on its knees my whole adult life. I honestly cannot tell if it is or not as a result.
    Just as we've been told that the Evil Tories have been plotting to sell off the NHS since Fatcha. Who knows, at some point maybe they'll actually try, but why should people listen to the warnings? After all these years of the NHS staying stubbornly in public hands, the ceaseless wailings about collapse and privatisation have more than a hint of The Boy Who Cried Wolf to them.
    There has been a lot of privatisation already, this thread outlines some of the problems this brings:

https://twitter.com/NHSMillion/status/1202650499176116224?s=19
    My son is being seen urgently tomorrow by a private hospital paid for by the NHS

Should he just wait for however long he would have had to wait without that option?

Personally, as they rang him today and arranged this for tomorrow I take this as a positive choice and gives me a positive view of the NHS.

• Options
    The Tories lied about an assault. I’m sure the Tories here will explain it away soon.
  • Options
    RobD said:

The Tories lied again. I’m sure the Tories here will explain it away somehow.

You've got to be more specific. We tell so many you see.
    Liar.
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312
    Nigelb said:

Brom said:

OK. That Johnson Love Actually Video. Park your personal opinions and respect the craft. That is *sensational* politics. Genuinely the best thing in this campaign. And to swing voters in a fuckton of seats that will pull on the heartstrings just as much as the boy on the hospital floor would the opposite way.

It actually made me a bit sick but then I’m a bloke who has never seen the film and yet is still voting Tory. Well it wasn’t enough to lose my vote at least! But yes CCHQ has done very well, compare to Jezza mean tweets which is an idea from a US chat show and you can see the different demographics they are gunning for.

Have not seen the original effing movie (obviously more discerning than you 😉) but still laughed out loud (is that lol?).
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    Pulpstar said:

Well there certainly aren't 700 Labour volunteers in my key marginal.
    Tory Gain
  • Options
    Byronic said:

Byronic said:

I half expected there to be a P.S. card saying meet me in Room X at the hotel round the corner in 10 minutes...

But he is better at it
    ALSO, the Love Actually "original" is itself a parody/hommage of the Bob Dylan vid.

So the Labour woman is claiming her parody of a parody is somehow the sacred version. It's Jeezophrenic stupidity to the BILLION
    I don't think she is claiming that really. The 'Tanks.On.The.Lawn' comment is comically overblown, I think sincerely given the rest of her campaign, so is just seeking to get more viral clicks for her own video.
  • Options

Byronic said:

Nigelb said:

Brom said:

As I said down-thread, people that loathe Boris will loathe this times a million, Like you.

This is aimed at swing voters, doubters, and, especially, women. To make him look lonely and a bit vulnerable, but on our side. Meta-Churchillian.

It does that superbly. I wonder if they have been saving this for a really bad day of the campaign. Hence, today.
    No, this is the backloading we've been promised coming into operation. Tory campaign's been a bit stiffer in the past few days and apparently their online spend is now going through the roof.
    Fair enough. It's highly impressive.

It looks viral to me. 20,000 views in the last ten minutes.
  • Options
    Brom said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

There are 65,000 electors in Putney, most of whom probably will not take too kindly to their street being flooded with Momentum activists when they are cooking the dinner
    True. But it is an impressive turnout. Is there a record for this type of thing?
    Most of this Momentum activity is in London, it is the likes of Grimsby, Bolsover, Vale of Clwyd and other Labour Leave seats north of Watford Labour really needs to be in at the moment en masse to prevent a Tory majority given current polls, not targeting a handful of Tory held London seats
    I'm 120 miles north of London. I've never seen a turnout of Labour helpers in my life. Not saying that it'll make a difference, but it's quite extraordinary, and I'm aware of similar numbers being flung at the red wall seats.
    As a non canvasser can a mass of people door knocking on a Monday night really be that beneficial, or will it be mainly posting leaflets? As a 9-5 worker I don’t think I’d want a conversation on my doorstep with an activist of any sort with the exception of a weekend afternoon.
    In those sort of numbers it becomes a bit intimidating, I'd have thought. Flood the streets with Corbyn youth, get them knocking on doors. Meanwhile, the voters cower inside, watching Boris Actually.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,728
    Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

Get over yourself! She's not claiming her version is sacred, just that her idea of spoofing Love Actually has been copied by Boris (or rather by some twat in his team whio no doubt saw the RA-K version and thought let's get Boris doing this too).
  • Options

The Tories lied about an assault.

What, all of them?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,741
    Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

Lookin' for a new fool
    Don't follow leaders, watch the parkin' meters...
  • Options

The Tories lied about an assault. I’m sure the Tories here will explain it away soon.

Wasn't that hour ago?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

What, all of them?
    On here ?
    More or less.... :smile:
  • Options

Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

Get over yourself! She's not claiming her version is sacred, just that her idea of spoofing Love Actually has been copied by Boris (or rather by some twat in his team whio no doubt saw the RA-K version and thought let's get Boris doing this too).
    "Twat"? This is clever. Perhaps that is why you call him or her a twat.
  • Options

Floater said:

Just seen the "Brexit Actually" ad from Boris

The only ad I have watched and it really is rather different and good.

If it’s the only one you have watched then how do you know that it is different?

Did you miss Corbyns one?

:)
    I have seen other ones from other elections :-)

• Options
    madmacs said:

Gotta be honest as a Lib Dem the three updated constituency polls in London are really bad. Instead of squeezing the Labour vote we have gone backwards in two seats. Looks like the tactical voting message is not getting through. I am way out West so not involved in the London campaign but it does not look good for Thursday with probably only Richmond Park and just possibly Finchley & Golders Green in play.

F&GG will stay Tory by around 10% ... tribal Labour will get 15%, LD's mid 30s
  • Options
    RobD said:

Wasn't that hour ago?
    There it is. Just explain it away.
  • Options

RobD said:

The Tories lied again. I’m sure the Tories here will explain it away somehow.

You've got to be more specific. We tell so many you see.
    Liar.
    Thank you, sir. :)
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    kle4 said:

What, all of them.

Quite a few of them
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

I don't think she is claiming that really. The 'Tanks.On.The.Lawn' comment is comically overblown, I think sincerely given the rest of her campaign, so is just seeking to get more viral clicks for her own video.
    Truly, we are a long way from John Major standing on his milk crate
  • Options

RobD said:

Wasn't that hour ago?
    Do keep up!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Cookie said:

That's very good.
    You can't imagine any previous PM doing that and getting away with it. He really is a most singular individual.
    Or did he pinch the idea?

https://twitter.com/DrRosena/status/1204159103318274053?s=19
    Very hard to be innovative these days. You should understand that judging from your posts.
  • Options
    Byronic said:

Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

You have an issue with 'twat'?! As a writer I'd have thought you'd know it has two meanings.
  • Options

RobD said:

Wasn't that hour ago?
    Some source lied, and it snowballed as people piled in. It's not the first time, it won't be the last, and you're a better person than I am to try and figure out who lies the most. As with with other lies, or 'mistakes', a lot of people will believe the falsehood even after correction.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    Byronic said:

Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

Isn't the difference the fact that he IS the Prime Minister and RA-K isn't?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

kle4 said:

BluerBlue said:

Tedious rubbish?

The NHS is on its knees. For the majority of people in this country it really really matters.
    Thing is I've been told its on its knees my whole adult life. I honestly cannot tell if it is or not as a result.
    Just as we've been told that the Evil Tories have been plotting to sell off the NHS since Fatcha. Who knows, at some point maybe they'll actually try, but why should people listen to the warnings? After all these years of the NHS staying stubbornly in public hands, the ceaseless wailings about collapse and privatisation have more than a hint of The Boy Who Cried Wolf to them.
    There has been a lot of privatisation already, this thread outlines some of the problems this brings:

And how much of the average hospital's budget is a result of Labour's massive PFI privatization? 25% in some hospitals.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Floater said:

If it’s the only one you have watched then how do you know that it is different?

Tbf it's not quite as bad as the killer 'Boris makes a cup of tea' video.
  • Options

Floater said:

Floater said:

oh wait - I did see that one from a link on here - but had forgotten it already.......
  • Options
    That'll persuade the Remainers :wink:
  • Options

Floater said:

Floater said:

Well he didn't say anything until the end of this one, which improves it.

But actually I preferred that one, though I suspect most would not. It was cheesy, staged nonsense (though not badly done), but at least I learned which order he puts the milk in his tea, a crucial test for degeneracy.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    The Tories remind me of Kinnock 92.
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You are in Surrey and Broxtowe and no there are not those numbers in Grimsby, Workington, Vale of Clwyd etc. ]

Plus having spent the weekend campaigning in Chingford, Harlow and Enfield Southgate it is not as if we Tories are doing nothing either
    Not quite 700, but big numbers campaigning in Bury (more than 120m north of London).

https://twitter.com/Lucy4BurySouth/status/1203368440708423681
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,997
    madmacs said:

Gotta be honest as a Lib Dem the three updated constituency polls in London are really bad. Instead of squeezing the Labour vote we have gone backwards in two seats. Looks like the tactical voting message is not getting through. I am way out West so not involved in the London campaign but it does not look good for Thursday with probably only Richmond Park and just possibly Finchley & Golders Green in play.

plus Esher and Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Anyway night all. Only three more days to go, eh.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,131
    And one of Jezza on Friday: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
  • Options

It's the Labour strategy in reverse - pitch to one side, banking on fear of the other/tribal loyalty to sustain the other side. (Yes, Labour are officially also for leave, but we know the party will put no effort into that).
  • Options
    Who in turn nicked it off Elvis's first album.

We can be sure Joe would loathe Boris, but how would Elvis feel about Trump?
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    edited December 2019
    nova said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Not quite 700, but big numbers campaigning in Bury (more than 120m north of London).

Aren't they the same 700 people?
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    edited December 2019
    kjohnw1 said:

This is not over yet

Looks like the Telegraph are going to make an issue of it

Allison Pearson

So I have detailed explanation from paediatric nurses explaining why photo of child on the floor is “100% faked”. I will put in @Telegraph on Weds. Stage a photo. Cause outrage. Castigate people who doubt it for showing insufficient compassion. Jesus.

Looks like this is going to backfire spectacularly for Labour 😂
    Except the hospital confirmed the situation at the hospital and apologized.
  • Options
    Three days and we'll be getting results from the NE.....
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Which clapped-out Old Labourite was doing a rally to the faithful today again?
  • Options

And one of Jezza on Friday: Should I Stay or Should I Go?
    I vote option B
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,957
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Kinnock, as a major theme, went around telling people Major could still win and that he only needed a few more seats to get a workable majority? Genuine question.
  • Options
    Brom said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

As a non canvasser can a mass of people door knocking on a Monday night really be that beneficial, or will it be mainly posting leaflets? As a 9-5 worker I don’t think I’d want a conversation on my doorstep with an activist of any sort with the exception of a weekend afternoon.
    I'd tell one Labour canvasser to fuck off. Not sure I'd say the same to three or four never mind hundreds. Maybe that's the thinking?
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

madmacs said:

Nope, they are moving out of range too.....
  • Options

The Ramone(r)s ?
  • Options

SNP shortening in East Dunbartonshire (Jo Swinson’s seat):

SLD 2/5
    SNP 2/1 (from 5/2)
    SLab 66/1
    SCon 100/1

2/5 = 71% chance
    2/1 = 33% chance

With just 2 campaigning dats to go, I'd say it was all over bar the shouting wouldn't you?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,907
    Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

From memory, it's also been used in a SNL skit (Clinton pleads with the Electoral College to jilt Trump) and the film "Bob Roberts".
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

We're allll right!!
  • Options
    Just checked the US Dem prices for first time in a few days. Seems we have had cross-over between Buttigieg and Warren.
  • Options

Byronic said:

But he is better at it
    Are you an actor?
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502

So who set up.this fake photo of the boy on the floor?? Is it labour lies? Perhaps Southam Observer might opine?

I expect the telegraph will have a fully researched and provable editorial in wednesday paper out tomorrow night for the paper reviews

If it can be stood up and is shared by other media establishments it could make wednesday an eventful last day of campaigning

However, it may just as easily be dropped

Let us wait and see
    Fully researched ! Everyone knows the DT is Bozos fan magazine .
  • Options
    Floater said:
    Bit late for the chap to be getting nerves about splitting the vote now. This is like Boris voting for MV3 after finally noticing it was Brext, aftering being told it a million times before.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,732
    Floater said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

BluerBlue said:

Tedious rubbish?

My son is being seen urgently tomorrow by a private hospital paid for by the NHS

Should he just wait for however long he would have had to wait without that option?

Personally, as they rang him today and arranged this for tomorrow I take this as a positive choice and gives me a positive view of the NHS.

I have done very nicely out of NHS out sourcing myself. I made £3750 in a weekend once doing NHS work for a private company. As a short term fix it works, but the problem of NHS out sourcing is not that it adds capacity, it is that it stops the building of permanent capacity.

Perhaps you need to think on why your local NHS hospital lacked the facilities to see your son in the first place, and whether outsourcing will postpone that nessecary capacity.

Outsourcing is the answer to the question, why when the NHS budget is at an all time high, are so many NHS Trusts so in debt? That is where the money is going.

My own hospital has cancelled all planned children's admissions because of bed pressures. Is the answer to lose that income to a private provider, and only run services that are run at a loss? No organisation can sustain that sort of financial loss for long.
  • Options
    isam said:
    Alex Cole-Hamilton's let himself go.
  • Options
    Just as long as nobody thinks it would be a good idea to do a Hitler in his bunker parody.
  • Options
    nico67 said:

So who set up.this fake photo of the boy on the floor?? Is it labour lies? Perhaps Southam Observer might opine?

I expect the telegraph will have a fully researched and provable editorial in wednesday paper out tomorrow night for the paper reviews

If it can be stood up and is shared by other media establishments it could make wednesday an eventful last day of campaigning

Let us wait and see
    Stranger things have happened. I'm always suspicious of these kind of things, especially during an election campaign. So easy to stage.
  • Options
    Floater said:
    What does standing firm effectively mean at this stage? His name will be on the ballot and presumably it's too late to produce and send round a constituency-wide leaflet? Better late than never, but not much better.
  • Options

This is what the scoreboard will look like over the course of the night if current YouGov MRP is correct (ordered by expected declarations).

Brilliant, thanks - will we get an update tomorrow?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    So about the Comres poll that is not using constituency prompting.

Why would it give a higher Labour figure.

Surely it would result in a higher Brexit figure.
  • Options
    The genius of the Love Actually parody is that it has, predictably, annoyed lefties and Remainers so much they are retweeting it in their fury. See here:

https://twitter.com/HannahAlOthman/status/1204178587009605632?s=20

Do they not, actually, understand how social media works?!
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

madmacs said:

Esher's relatively safe now. Guildford, St Albans, Winchester and Cheltenham are the ones who'll be really close either way imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    RobD said:

nico67 said:

Let us wait and see
    Stranger things have happened. I'm always suspicious of these kind of things, especially during an election campaign. So easy to stage.
    If it was fake, then why has the LGI issued an apology to the parents, for having no bed available, and him having to bed down on coats?

While such care is suboptimal, keeping the child in an area with oxygen and clinical monitoring is probably better than the alternative.
  • Options
    Byronic said:

kle4 said:

Byronic said:

Byronic said:

But he is better at it

Truly, we are a long way from John Major standing on his milk crate
    He missed a trick. Should have been beer.
  • Options

Brom said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

In those sort of numbers it becomes a bit intimidating, I'd have thought. Flood the streets with Corbyn youth, get them knocking on doors. Meanwhile, the voters cower inside, watching Boris Actually.

My mother used to tell each candidate that she was voting for them, by far the fastest way to get rid of them.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,487
    kle4 said:

Floater said:

Floater said:

Well he didn't say anything until the end of this one, which improves it.

But actually I preferred that one, though I suspect most would not. It was cheesy, staged nonsense (though not badly done), but at least I learned which order he puts the milk in his tea, a crucial test for degeneracy.
    What I liked about that one is that it legitimised the action of not de-bagging the tea before you start drinking it: 'Doing a Boris'...
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525
    TudorRose said:

nova said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

They'd need an awful lot of cabs ;)
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,382

Put yourself in the position of that SPAD. You are walking along the road and you get cuffed. You and I know it wasn't a punch because we have seen the video. But how was the SPAD to know?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

RobD said:

nico67 said:

Let us wait and see
    If it was fake, then why has the LGI issued an apology to the parents, for having no bed available, and him having to bed down on coats?

While such care is suboptimal, keeping the child in an area with oxygen and clinical monitoring is probably better than the alternative.
    I don't think it was fake, but that doesn't mean I am not suspicious, or such things are easy to stage.
  • Options
    funkhauserfunkhauser Posts: 325
    edited December 2019
    isam said:
    Couldn't someone have given him a tenner to keep his t-shirt on.
  • Options
    RattersRatters Posts: 793
    My suspicion is that the betting markets remain anchored to recent election results and are underestimating the probability of a big Conservative win (with lots of close results).

I'm not one for spread betting, but I managed to get a bet on at 15.0 on Betfair for a Tory majority of 100-124. Given the YouGov MRP has a majority of 68, it felt like good odds for if the Tories win an additional 16 seats or so.

(PS I hope I'm very wrong!)
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Floater said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

BluerBlue said:

Tedious rubbish?

I have done very nicely out of NHS out sourcing myself. I made £3750 in a weekend once doing NHS work for a private company. As a short term fix it works, but the problem of NHS out sourcing is not that it adds capacity, it is that it stops the building of permanent capacity.

Perhaps you need to think on why your local NHS hospital lacked the facilities to see your son in the first place, and whether outsourcing will postpone that nessecary capacity.

Outsourcing is the answer to the question, why when the NHS budget is at an all time high, are so many NHS Trusts so in debt? That is where the money is going.

My own hospital has cancelled all planned children's admissions because of bed pressures. Is the answer to lose that income to a private provider, and only run services that are run at a loss? No organisation can sustain that sort of financial loss for long.
    So there's enough money but it's being misallocated?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,907
    isam said:
    I am on a train. The people behind me looking over my shoulder do not know him. Neither do I. I am pretty certain I would have remembered those curtains.
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

nova said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Judging by these pictures, I'd say more like 300, maybe fewer.
  • Options

Floater said:
    What does standing firm effectively mean at this stage? His name will be on the ballot and presumably it's too late to produce and send round a constituency-wide leaflet? Better late than never, but not much better.
    Sorry, that should read 'standing down'.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Put yourself in the position of that SPAD. You are walking along the road and you get cuffed. You and I know it wasn't a punch because we have seen the video. But how was the SPAD to know?
    Evening Toppo

Any inside info as to how things are going ?
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172
    viewcode said:

isam said:
    I am on a train. The people behind me looking over my shoulder do not know him. Neither do I. I am pretty certain I would have remembered those curtains.
    I worry about you, viewcode.

You are always travelling home late on a train.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

TudorRose said:

nova said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Judging by these pictures, I'd say more like 300, maybe fewer.
    Oh. Only 300. Chuckles
  • Options

Who in turn nicked it off Elvis's first album.

We can be sure Joe would loathe Boris, but how would Elvis feel about Trump?
    I suspect he didn't disrespect anyone, whatever. Never saw him disrespect Col Tom Parker, did anyone?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Evening Toppo

Any inside info as to how things are going ?
    Evening old bean. Not from me. As I said last time information one way or another could be ammunition for the wrong side.

And you?
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,183
    HYUFD said:

Alistair said:

Boris comes out in favour of unrestricted immigration

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1204042408457121793?s=19

No, just ensuring immigrants are treated the same as everyone else, a points system instead of free movement for everyone.

Literally none of that sentence reflects reality. Immigrants are not and will not be treated “the same” as U.K. nationals, we already have a points system and there is not has never been and likely will never been, free movement “for everyone”.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    Byronic said:

The genius of the Love Actually parody is that it has, predictably, annoyed lefties and Remainers so much they are retweeting it in their fury. See here:

No. "Everyone I follow on Twitter is voting Labour!"
  • Options
    madmacs said:

From what I hear the LibDems are rather less confident of Hallam than they should be.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited December 2019
    Alistair said:

So about the Comres poll that is not using constituency prompting.

Why would it give a higher Labour figure.

Surely it would result in a higher Brexit figure.

Because the poll only prompted for Conservative, Labour, LD, SNP, Plaid or Other. It did not prompt for Green or Brexit Party.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,487
    Byronic said:

Remainers, lefties AND fans of Love Actually.
    Actually, I'm trying to not make politics any worse by sticking to a policy of not taking pleasure in the discomforts of those with whom I disagree politically. No matter how pompous. We all have our reasons for the political views we have formed. A plurality of opinions is healthy. But someone calling Love Actually their favourite film is a real pineapple-on-a-pizza moment. She is just wrong.
  • Options
    Tominey apologised yet or is a tweet still just a 'view' ?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Foxy said:

Floater said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

BluerBlue said:

Tedious rubbish?

Some of the money is certainly misallocated, but I have never argued that the problems of the NHS are purely, or even predominantly financial.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Floater said:

Foxy said:

kle4 said:

BluerBlue said:

Tedious rubbish?

It's that old Hypocritical Oath again
  • Options

Brom said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

My mother used to tell each candidate that she was voting for them, by far the fastest way to get rid of them.
    If you do that you have to make sure you vote during the day, and show your card to the tellers, or you may have them all back again on Election Day.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    TOPPING said:

It always used to be the case that the NHS was delivered on the cheap, but it's not quite the case now. We're above the OECD average now, and spending something like 25% more than Spain, which has a very well-regarded system. Same as New Zealand, or Finland, for example. Still admittedly nowhere near the likes of France (+33%ish).

At some stage surely the govt starts to look at a major reorganisation. There are plenty of different countries out there to learn from.
  • Options

Floater said:
    Sorry, that should read 'standing down'.
    Basically, it means exactly what you say. Some people will already have voted for him by post. Others won’t hear about this and will vote for him on Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.