Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The betting markets firm up even more on a CON majority

Comments

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969
    edited December 2019

nichomar said:

Still doesn’t mean he can run a piss up in a brewery, Johnson has a classics degree fro posho university and he can’t run a piss up in a brewery, Corby has a nothing from nowhere and couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery. Such wonderful politicians we have.

Idle thought - how easy would it be to run a piss-up in a brewery, given H&S regulations which would prevent easy access to production? Has anyone ever done it?
    I will be going to one on Thursday night !!

Taking the Music Train from Sleaford out to Wainfleet. Then a short walk up the hill to the Batemans brewery for a couple of hours drinking. Back down the hill and on to the train back to Sleaford to find out what the exit poll said and whether I am going to be able to afford to do the same again next year.
  • Options
    Schards said:

Channel 4 - What is the tories strongest subject? Brexit. Lets have a debate that excludes Brexit

BBC - What is the tories weakest demographic? 18-30 year olds. Lets have a debate exclusively for 18-30 year olds

Does anyone really need or want more debate on Brexit? After 3 years 95% of us still hold our original positions. There is nothing more to say.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,039

Will the Tories here apologise for their fake assault?

Will the Labour supporters on here apologise for sending a rent a mob to a hospital?
  • Options
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    saddened said:

There's still an absence of faith in labour heartlands voting tory.

And maybe, rightly so....

Evidence ?
    FWIw, purely anecdotally, I found quite a few "former Labour now anti" people at the WWC end of the constituency who we were recanvassing who were reluctantly coming back to Labour, and colleagues said they were noticing the same, to a moderate degree. Whether that's more generally true, or even a serious trend here, I genuinely have no idea.
    Wasn't it you that did the endless tick, tock, when you were trying to convince us all that your thumb on the pulse canvassing meant you and Labour would be a shoo in? That went well.
    Yes that was him
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,651
    HYUFD said:

Utter crap, he looked at it after the journalist gave it to him.

More anti Boris fake news!!
    That would be after:

1. He pocketed the phone
    2. He claimed that he hadn't had a chance to see the photo
    3. The interviewer called him out over it

Your hero is a contemptible shit.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Bloody hell.

It really is a bad day for Johnson. First the NHS, now the endorsement from electoral poison...
    I do not agree.

George Osborne backing Boris in London is unexpected and will influence conservative voters in the city and the south to vote for Boris

Very pleased as he could have endorsed Jo Swinson
    Agreed - very useful for Remainer Tories.
  • Options
    swing_voterswing_voter Posts: 1,435
    Chameleon said:

Damn, hard to see Boris's route to a majority without Bristol West, South, or East.
    The only Bristol seat proper BJ should aim to gain is Bristol NW- the others not really in play.....
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,256

Laura Kunnesberg who posted the story has

She was responsible for posting the news without verification

Typical of scores of journalists in this election
    That really isn't acceptable. I was lynched on here for making an assumption without verification on Friday over a negative story about Corbyn based on a Guido exclusive.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Will the Labour supporters on here apologise for sending a rent a mob to a hospital?
    More of a mobette tbf.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Dare one venture to suggest that, if party mass membership were the determinant of political success, we would not be going through an election now - because Labour would've won a landslide victory last time?

Now, if all that lot are going to fan out and knock on doors in the places where Labour needs the help then a pep rally like this might have some practical value, but failing that it's just about making the people gathered there (the leader included) feel better about themselves.

It's not like they're getting ready to inflict a devastating reverse on the Tory hordes of Bristol, after all. Bristol is London-on-Avon. It's in the bag already.
  • Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815

nichomar said:

Still doesn’t mean he can run a piss up in a brewery, Johnson has a classics degree fro posho university and he can’t run a piss up in a brewery, Corby has a nothing from nowhere and couldn’t run a piss up in a brewery. Such wonderful politicians we have.

Idle thought - how easy would it be to run a piss-up in a brewery, given H&S regulations which would prevent easy access to production? Has anyone ever done it?

Taking the Music Train from Sleaford out to Wainfleet. Then a short walk up the hill to the Batemans brewery for a couple of hours drinking. Back down the hill and on to the train back to Sleaford to find out what the exit poll said and whether I am going to be able to afford to do the same again next year.
    There are hills in Wainfleet? Is it the drink talking?
  • Options

Laura Kunnesberg who posted the story has

She was responsible for posting the news without verification

Typical of scores of journalists in this election
    That really isn't acceptable. I was lynched on here for making an assumption without verification on Friday over a negative story about Corbyn based on a Guido exclusive.
    I agree. Laura was caught out
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760

Chameleon said:

Damn, hard to see Boris's route to a majority without Bristol West, South, or East.
    The only Bristol seat proper BJ should aim to gain is Bristol NW- the others not really in play.....
    I wouldn’t even bother with Bristol if I were the Tories. Alongside Liverpool it’s comfortably the most Labour city in England these days.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Hey, it's his farewell tour - what do you expect?
  • Options
    twistedfirestopper3twistedfirestopper3 Posts: 2,086
    edited December 2019
    HYUFD said:

Will all you obsessive Tories and Labourites apologise for boring the shit out of the normal folk about this?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

I doubt it. If they did send a rent-a-mob they should be apologising for failing to provide them the correct directions.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Bloody hell.

It really is a bad day for Johnson. First the NHS, now the endorsement from electoral poison...
    I do not agree.

George Osborne backing Boris in London is unexpected and will influence conservative voters in the city and the south to vote for Boris

George backed Boris for the leadership and Theresa in 2017. His endorsement here was always nailed on.
  • Options
    Brom said:

Chameleon said:

I wouldn’t even bother with Bristol if I were the Tories. Alongside Liverpool it’s comfortably the most Labour city in England these days.
    While Corbyn was in Bristol today, Boris was in Grimsby, tells you everything
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,712

Foxy said:

camel said:

HYUFD said:

He did and he apologised but his mistake was to take the phone and put it in his pocket

Anyone watching the complete video will see it as weird but not as bad as some would say as he did look at it, express regret and hand it back to the journalist

I know opponents will think it is a gift, which to some extent it is, but changing votes, no
    The picture/fact of the matter is bad though. Definitely has the stench of NHS decay about it.
    It is certainly bad, and there is a major problem with capacity in the NHS, but bed shortages are nothing new. Indeed I met Mrs Foxy when Medical House Officer and outlying admissions onto her elective surgery ward. That was 1988.

So romantic!!

It is a bit Mills and Boon. Doctor and Nurse meet, late at night, trying to keep Mrs Miggins angina under control...

• Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

Schards said:

Channel 4 - What is the tories strongest subject? Brexit. Lets have a debate that excludes Brexit

BBC - What is the tories weakest demographic? 18-30 year olds. Lets have a debate exclusively for 18-30 year olds

Does anyone really need or want more debate on Brexit? After 3 years 95% of us still hold our original positions. There is nothing more to say.
    Does anyone really need or want more debate?
  • Options
    camel said:

nichomar said:

There are hills in Wainfleet? Is it the drink talking?
    Okay a slight rise. It feels like a hill when there is a pint waiting at the end of it...
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    Schards said:

Perfect opportunity for Johnson to show people who care about climate change or the issues facing the younger voters that he has something to offer them. It’s more than fair to him.... shame he couldn’t be arsed turning up.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

camel said:

HYUFD said:

He did and he apologised but his mistake was to take the phone and put it in his pocket

Anyone watching the complete video will see it as weird but not as bad as some would say as he did look at it, express regret and hand it back to the journalist

I know opponents will think it is a gift, which to some extent it is, but changing votes, no
    The picture/fact of the matter is bad though. Definitely has the stench of NHS decay about it.
    It is certainly bad, and there is a major problem with capacity in the NHS, but bed shortages are nothing new. Indeed I met Mrs Foxy when Medical House Officer and outlying admissions onto her elective surgery ward. That was 1988.

So romantic!!

It is a bit Mills and Boon. Doctor and Nurse meet, late at night, trying to keep Mrs Miggins angina under control...

Her what!!!!!

Oh angina.....

Is that my coat?
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870

ydoethur said:

Bloody hell.

I do not agree.

George backed Boris for the leadership and Theresa in 2017. His endorsement here was always nailed on.
    And presumably doesn’t want to burn too many bridges before his eventual return to politics / a cushy ambassadorship / etc.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    ydoethur said:

I saw a bigger crowd there for my graduation.
    Did they all chant ohhhhh ydooooooethuuuuuuuur as you collected your certificate??
  • Options

Schards said:

Does anyone really need or want more debate?
    Id actually quite like our politicians to talk about QE and the impact it has had on the country, and what the plan is on that for the future. But then Im a bit weird.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,306
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

camel said:

HYUFD said:

So romantic!!

A true meeting of hearts...
  • Options
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7773113/Labour-activist-Matt-Hancocks-adviser-Leeds-hospital.html

Now there is video available I am struggling to see how Beeb and ITV reporters came to conclusion that the guy was assaulted.

• Options
    ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

camel said:

HYUFD said:

So romantic!!

She set my pulse racing...
  • Options

ydoethur said:

I saw a bigger crowd there for my graduation.
    Did they all chant ohhhhh ydooooooethuuuuuuuur as you collected your certificate??
    Dunno, I had my hearing aids turned off.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Bloody hell.

I do not agree.

I would have thought Osborne's electoral skillset would have been recognised - when sidelined, his side does far less well than expected. Not one for the stump perhaps, but the selective, rapier intervention.

May would have been wise not to have binned him off so promptly way back when.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,216
    camel said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

Stories like this always dominate the headlines - exactly what Labour wants. This is not a 'bubble' story either.

Very damaging headlines 3 days before an election is bad news no matter who you support and no matter how unfair they are.

The headlines will be damaging from pro-Labour outlets, and very much non-damaging from pro-Tory ones, same as ever. Two more days of campaigning to make it a wash.
    This is different though. I hate to say it. There's no glossing over the fact that Boris made a serious error of judgement pocketing that phone. Most fair minded people would know that Labour always use the NHS as a weapon to bash over the head of the Tories, but...that phone....panicked Boris and that will resonate.

Out of all of the moments I've seen this campaign, the AN interview bs, the floods, etc, this is the most damaging for Johnson. It could derail the Tories, I'm sorry to be a doom merchant here, but I have to say it as I see it.

The timing could not have been worse, it's the NHS, it's winter, it's a 4 year old boy, the SNP, the LDs and Corbyn all piling in, but worst if all, a stupid unforced error from Boris.
    It's Andrew Neil all over again. Remember how that was going to derail everything?

And it went viral.
    Child with pneumonia more likely to go bacterial than viral.

The weakness of my joke aside, it's a disgrace and reflects terribly on the government, yes, but also the hospital in that it was deemed OK to treat a child with pneumonia on the floor. I know there are medics on this site who might correct me, but it must be unheard of to treat a serious infection on the floor.
    Was the child being treated? Or was he waiting to be seen to be diagnosed?

I have had pneumonia half a dozen times and the usual process is to be sent to have an X-Ray and then be given antibiotics, which can be taken at home. If admitted, of course you’d expect a bed. I wonder at what stage this photo was taken.

Either way I would not be happy with having my child on the floor instead of in a bed. If the child wanted to sleep while waiting I might well lay him out on coats on chairs and cover him up. Maybe the chairs did not permit this? Also, maybe there were other more serious priorities the doctors were dealing with.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

you still digging

No mob, no punch, no arrest, no taxis, just a cretinous aid not looking where he was going.

When you are even repeating lies even the minister for Tory Propaganda has apologised you should worry
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    Am I the only person who, having now watched the Boris interview, is completely dumbfounded?

What is he meant to have done? He gave an interview, the reporter showed him a mobile phone, he looked at the phone about 30 seconds after requested as he was in the middle of saying something.

Completely bizarre that his reaction is a media story at all.

Sure, the child on the floor is a story and what Boris said is a story, but not delaying 30 seconds before looking at a mobile phone.
  • Options

nichomar said:

The Rebellion Brewery in Marlow do a very good one every month.
  • Options
    Floater said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7773113/Labour-activist-Matt-Hancocks-adviser-Leeds-hospital.html

Now there is video available I am struggling to see how Beeb and ITV reporters came to conclusion that the guy was assaulted.

Simple, they want to be first to report the news, they dont really care if its accurate or not, so publish whatever the spinners tell them without any editorial checks.
  • Options
    Floater said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

camel said:

HYUFD said:

So romantic!!

Her what!!!!!

Oh angina.....

Is that my coat?
    Perhaps that kind of misunderstanding is what phased Boris to a wibbling jelly in an NHS hospital earlier today.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    I had thought there were more people at Corbyn's Bristol rally a couple of years ago.

He did not see the group of Jewish students waiting for him at the Park Street side of College Green. The SWP were opposite them at one point. I gather that the police kept an eye on some Labour supporters who had been arguing with students.

I saw the Bristol West MP doing the warm up act to keep the crowd happy, I don't think Darren Jones was there from the marginal seat of Bristol North West.

There was a big cheer when Corbyn turned up, followed by a couple of predictable chants. He had been giving interviews to TV and radio earlier.

Bumped into a Labour supporting friend, who felt that Corbyn was heading for a defeat on Thursday, didn't really press her on this, or who she thought was in the running to take the reins. The Labour bus had been siting on a double yellow all the time Corbyn was there.

• Options
    Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

camel said:

HYUFD said:

So romantic!!

I thought she was meant to be sorting out circulatory issues for the patient?
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    nichomar said:

Schards said:

Perfect opportunity for Johnson to show people who care about climate change or the issues facing the younger voters that he has something to offer them. It’s more than fair to him.... shame he couldn’t be arsed turning up.
    So why not have a debate for 65+, or 45-55, or 30-40?

What’s so bloody special about 18-30? Each age group has issues fairly unique to it.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Am I the only person who, having now watched the Boris interview, is completely dumbfounded?

What is he meant to have done? He gave an interview, the reporter showed him a mobile phone, he looked at the phone about 30 seconds after requested as he was in the middle of saying something.

Sure, the child on the floor is a story and what Boris said is a story, but not delaying 30 seconds before looking at a mobile phone.

Yep - an utterly confected controversy that passes for "journalism".
  • Options
    welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

What’s so bloody special about 18-30? Each age group has issues fairly unique to it.
    Perhaps it was on the basis that they are the least represented in politics and least likely to vote? That would make sense to me.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

camel said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

Stories like this always dominate the headlines - exactly what Labour wants. This is not a 'bubble' story either.

Very damaging headlines 3 days before an election is bad news no matter who you support and no matter how unfair they are.

The headlines will be damaging from pro-Labour outlets, and very much non-damaging from pro-Tory ones, same as ever. Two more days of campaigning to make it a wash.
    This is different though. I hate to say it. There's no glossing over the fact that Boris made a serious error of judgement pocketing that phone. Most fair minded people would know that Labour always use the NHS as a weapon to bash over the head of the Tories, but...that phone....panicked Boris and that will resonate.

Out of all of the moments I've seen this campaign, the AN interview bs, the floods, etc, this is the most damaging for Johnson. It could derail the Tories, I'm sorry to be a doom merchant here, but I have to say it as I see it.

The timing could not have been worse, it's the NHS, it's winter, it's a 4 year old boy, the SNP, the LDs and Corbyn all piling in, but worst if all, a stupid unforced error from Boris.
    It's Andrew Neil all over again. Remember how that was going to derail everything?

And it went viral.

The weakness of my joke aside, it's a disgrace and reflects terribly on the government, yes, but also the hospital in that it was deemed OK to treat a child with pneumonia on the floor. I know there are medics on this site who might correct me, but it must be unheard of to treat a serious infection on the floor.

I have had pneumonia half a dozen times and the usual process is to be sent to have an X-Ray and then be given antibiotics, which can be taken at home. If admitted, of course you’d expect a bed. I wonder at what stage this photo was taken.

Either way I would not be happy with having my child on the floor instead of in a bed. If the child wanted to sleep while waiting I might well lay him out on coats on chairs and cover him up. Maybe the chairs did not permit this? Also, maybe there were other more serious priorities the doctors were dealing with.
    The child has an oxygen mask, fallen off, in front of his face, so has been seen by a clinician.

There is a lot of bronchiolitis around at the moment.
  • Options
    ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503
    welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

Its da yoof innit bruv.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Floater said:

saddened said:

There's still an absence of faith in labour heartlands voting tory.

And maybe, rightly so....

Evidence ?
    FWIw, purely anecdotally, I found quite a few "former Labour now anti" people at the WWC end of the constituency who we were recanvassing who were reluctantly coming back to Labour, and colleagues said they were noticing the same, to a moderate degree. Whether that's more generally true, or even a serious trend here, I genuinely have no idea.
    Wasn't it you that did the endless tick, tock, when you were trying to convince us all that your thumb on the pulse canvassing meant you and Labour would be a shoo in? That went well.
    Yes that was him
    Thought so. I'm sure he will forgive me for not putting too much weight on his reports from the front.
  • Options
    I do think undecideds are more likely to swing behind the Tories than Labour. Tories certainly offer less risk to the average adult but I also think if you’re tired of Brexit or perhaps more tired after politics in general after days like today ‘Get Brexit Done’ is a hugely powerful and smart slogan.
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

O/T

Has anyone else been hit by the worst cold they've had for many years? I certainly have. Normally I get rid of them after 4 or 5 days but this one's been going on for about 10 days. Not good timing as far as election night is concerned.

Yes, I’ve been out for 4-6 weeks with a very nasty one.

My daughter was hospitalised for a night with bronciolitis too, and still has a cold.
    Remarkable amount of worse-than-usual colds do indeed seem to be going around at the moment. I've been suffering for a week, have already been through an episode of false recovery followed by relapse so bad that I spent most of Friday in bed, and I'm still not quite over it. A colleague at work who came down with it the same time I did, but has a low immune system due to a medical condition, was still off sick today.
    My worse than usual cold tuned out be pneumonia. A lot of teachers at school have been off, but for a wide range of reasons. I assume hospital staff are hit in a similar way as well as having to deal with many of the ill people.
  • Options
    The below might have won Boris a few votes today:

Look at BBC article re his comments on Licence Fee, go down to comments and sort by Highest Rated.

Every single Highest Rated comment is hugely supportive.

Most popular comment:

"I'd vote tory just for this. Too long have the biased left brainwashed our electorate using our own tax money!"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50718366
  • Options

welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

Perhaps it was on the basis that they are the least represented in politics and least likely to vote? That would make sense to me.
    Or the complete reverse maybe?
  • Options
    edited December 2019

HYUFD said:

you still digging

No mob, no punch, no arrest, no taxis, just a cretinous aid not looking where he was going.

When you are even repeating lies even the minister for Tory Propaganda has apologised you should worry
    https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1204098013926436868?s=20

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1204095109224189952?s=20

https://twitter.com/GuidoFawkes/status/1204085025924362242?s=20
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093
    BluerBlue said:
    Two hundred yards from my flat. Just the four or five antisemitic incidents:

"‘F**k you, you filthy Jew"
    "Who's funding you?" "I bet the Israeli Government has paid you to be here".
    "you dirty, filthy Zio", "but that's not antisemitic"
    "A disgrace to the Jewish people " " killing... Palestinian people".

If you wonder why I go on and on about Labour's antisemitism, it's because it's on my fucking doorstep, day after day
  • Options

welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

Its da yoof innit bruv.
    Yup. But I simply don’t get the special sectional special pleading in this case.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    dr_spyn said:

I had thought there were more people at Corbyn's Bristol rally a couple of years ago.

He did not see the group of Jewish students waiting for him at the Park Street side of College Green. The SWP were opposite them at one point. I gather that the police kept an eye on some Labour supporters who had been arguing with students.

I saw the Bristol West MP doing the warm up act to keep the crowd happy, I don't think Darren Jones was there from the marginal seat of Bristol North West.

There was a big cheer when Corbyn turned up, followed by a couple of predictable chants. He had been giving interviews to TV and radio earlier.

Bumped into a Labour supporting friend, who felt that Corbyn was heading for a defeat on Thursday, didn't really press her on this, or who she thought was in the running to take the reins. The Labour bus had been siting on a double yellow all the time Corbyn was there.

"The Labour bus had been siting on a double yellow all the time Corbyn was there."

The bastard. That must be worth a million votes to Boris.

No I'm not being fucking serious....
  • Options

nichomar said:

The Rebellion Brewery in Marlow do a very good one every month.
    Very easy as long as said brewery has an on-licence. Plenty of brewery taps have you sitting on casks and crates in the brewery.
  • Options
    Brom said:

I do think undecideds are more likely to swing behind the Tories than Labour. Tories certainly offer less risk to the average adult but I also think if you’re tired of Brexit or perhaps more tired after politics in general after days like today ‘Get Brexit Done’ is a hugely powerful and smart slogan.

As a floating voter, albeit decided this year, we are unlikely to share your certainty that the Tories offer less risk to the average person. Less risk than unfettered Corbyn yes probably, less risk than another hung parliament, probably not. And the choice is between Tory or hung parliament, not a Labour majority. The Tories will be fine though, the lead is too big, and they will do very well outside of the big cities.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

you still digging

Guido's little elves in overdrive. Mind you, I do like 'splat the....
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    MikeL said:

What is he meant to have done?

Looked at the photo when given the opportunity

Although why would he care about a stranger's child.. he doesn't even give a shit about his own or even know how many he has.
  • Options
    welshowl said:

welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

I dont understand. You think 18-30 year olds are the most represented in politics and most likely to vote? Surely not, but I dont understand what the complete reverse means if not that?
  • Options
    Just contrast today's nonsense with the fact that not one single journalist from BBC, ITV, Sky or any national newspaper has bothered to even attempt to follow up electorate figures.

Bear in mind the BBC employs 7,000 journalists.

Note that's not the total number of BBC staff which is approx 20,000.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1204133009986850816

Corbyn at the fire side disarming trolls.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

ydoethur said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

camel said:

HYUFD said:

So romantic!!

I thought she was meant to be sorting out circulatory issues for the patient?
    This is actually a true story!

In 1988, I would not infrequently start the medical take with no beds on medical wards, so myself and the Registrar would admit about 20 medical patients to surgery wards, even gynaecology. We used to hide a few beds so we had a few for the more seriously Ill patients and the lower risk ones to the more remote wards. Often I would be looking after 30 patients on a dozen wards.

Some things are better, 24 year old house officers are no longer expected to manage nitrate infusions in acute heart attacks, and the patients tend to be concentrated on fewer wards. Other things are less good.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

HE PUT THE PHONE IN HIS FUCKING POCKET.

HE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT BREXIT AND COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT A 4 YEAR OLD LYING ON A HOSPITAL FLOOR.

Have you got it now?
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    welshowl said:

welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

Its da yoof innit bruv.
    Yup. But I simply don’t get the special sectional special pleading in this case.
    In an attempt to engage them and increase participation rates which would obviously be good for democracy. Who could complain about that? 😊
  • Options
    Drutt said:

BluerBlue said:
    Two hundred yards from my flat. Just the four or five antisemitic incidents:

"‘F**k you, you filthy Jew"
    "Who's funding you?" "I bet the Israeli Government has paid you to be here".
    "you dirty, filthy Zio", "but that's not antisemitic"
    "A disgrace to the Jewish people " " killing... Palestinian people".

If you wonder why I go on and on about Labour's antisemitism, it's because it's on my fucking doorstep, day after day
    Sorry and sad to hear that.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Look at BBC article re his comments on Licence Fee, go down to comments and sort by Highest Rated.

Most popular comment:

"I'd vote tory just for this. Too long have the biased left brainwashed our electorate using our own tax money!"

I would scrap the BBC too
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

you still digging

Guido, like Laura, has been made to look a bit of an idiot over this. CCHQ clearly briefed them about the 'punching' incident and instructed them to do their best. But neither probably realized how invented it actually was.
  • Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

you still digging

I should think anyone dumb enough to win the prize for 'milkshaking' the prime minister is likely risking being shot in the face by Special branch.
  • Options
    Dear friends, remember that polls are a lagging index. Which means that as in 2017 we won't see any evidence of a late move until 10pm on Thursday.

Until today I couldn't see what if anything could stop the Tory juggernaut. Labour despised in Labour heartlands. Get Brexit Done the only political slogan that people repeat.

And then the boy on the hospital floor. All those Lab to Con switchers that Johnson needs for a majority. A boy lying sick on a hospital floor and the PM's incredible response to it might just be the thing that makes them think "hang on". And whats more the Tory machine thinks so too, hence the absurd dead cat story about the "assault" in Leeds. All Johnson had to say was "it isn't good enough, and thats why I've pledged to pour x gazillions into our NHS by building the boy a new hospital staffed by new doctors and nurses." The OBVIOUS response except that he knows its a big lie and forgot.

Events, dear boy...
  • Options

MikeL said:

HE WANTED TO TALK ABOUT BREXIT AND COULDN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT A 4 YEAR OLD LYING ON A HOSPITAL FLOOR.

Have you got it now?
    He answered the question, he looked at the phone and made clear the Government was putting more money into the NHS.

In any case it was the chief executive of the Trust responsible not Boris
  • Options

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

I dont understand. You think 18-30 year olds are the most represented in politics and most likely to vote? Surely not, but I dont understand what the complete reverse means if not that?
    No, that they get a special programme because they are the least interested. Why then? Why not reverse the thought process and have a special programme ( at least to offer balance) to the most engaged, the over 65’s? I am not in either group to be clear.
  • Options
    Top party by age group...

Changes w 2-3 Dec

18-24: Labour 58% (-3)
    25-49: Labour 43% (+1)
    50-64: Conservative 47% (-3)
    65+: Conservative 65% (+3)

YouGov 5-6 Dec
    #GE2019
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    Angela Raynor on again, must be considered for next LOTO, she seems to be favoured.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329
    dr_spyn said:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1204133009986850816

Corbyn at the fire side disarming trolls.

As I said earlier today a politician who actually likes campaigning. Of course it will never catch on.
  • Options

Brom said:

As a floating voter, albeit decided this year, we are unlikely to share your certainty that the Tories offer less risk to the average person. Less risk than unfettered Corbyn yes probably, less risk than another hung parliament, probably not. And the choice is between Tory or hung parliament, not a Labour majority. The Tories will be fine though, the lead is too big, and they will do very well outside of the big cities.
    I’m talking about those who might change their vote on the day. Undecideds like yourself are now decided and I expect there are plenty of you and not so many who currently don’t know. Which is why it’s hard to see any real further polling movement in the next 2 days.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    Surprised Farage is on Young voters Question Time.
  • Options

MikeL said:

Have you got it now?
    He was actually talking about the NHS. Not Brexit.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

HYUFD said:

That would be after:

1. He pocketed the phone
    2. He claimed that he hadn't had a chance to see the photo
    3. The interviewer called him out over it

Your hero is a contemptible shit.
    He was trying to give an interview and the guy kept waving it around and distracting him
  • Options

MikeL said:

What is he meant to have done?

Looked at the photo when given the opportunity

Although why would he care about a stranger's child.. he doesn't even give a shit about his own or even know how many he has.
    I thought that it was the attempted theft of the phone. Did I miss something?
  • Options

Dear friends, remember that polls are a lagging index. Which means that as in 2017 we won't see any evidence of a late move until 10pm on Thursday.

Until today I couldn't see what if anything could stop the Tory juggernaut. Labour despised in Labour heartlands. Get Brexit Done the only political slogan that people repeat.

And then the boy on the hospital floor. All those Lab to Con switchers that Johnson needs for a majority. A boy lying sick on a hospital floor and the PM's incredible response to it might just be the thing that makes them think "hang on". And whats more the Tory machine thinks so too, hence the absurd dead cat story about the "assault" in Leeds. All Johnson had to say was "it isn't good enough, and thats why I've pledged to pour x gazillions into our NHS by building the boy a new hospital staffed by new doctors and nurses." The OBVIOUS response except that he knows its a big lie and forgot.

Events, dear boy...

Could this be Johnson's Sheffield Rally moment?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2019
    FYI, I have been busy not doing work....I now have a chart of cummulative seats ordered by declaration winner according to MRP, and plan to have it live update when the real results come in.

Thus, we should be able to see in chart form if parties are under / overperforming MRP.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,216
    Foxy said:

Cyclefree said:

camel said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

And it went viral.

The child has an oxygen mask, fallen off, in front of his face, so has been seen by a clinician.

There is a lot of bronchiolitis around at the moment.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    nichomar said:

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

Its da yoof innit bruv.
    In an attempt to engage them and increase participation rates which would obviously be good for democracy. Who could complain about that? 😊
    Me. Other sections should get a go to air their views for an hour.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The worse thing about the clip . The smirk when Bozo finally looks at the phone . Horrible .

Empathy by numbers , absolutely no genuine emotion at all.

The clip has now been viewed 5.7 million times . The increase is quite amazing , roughly 100,000 new views every 10 minutes .

• Options
    welshowl said:

welshowl said:

welshowl said:

nichomar said:

Schards said:

No, that they get a special programme because they are the least interested. Why then? Why not reverse the thought process and have a special programme ( at least to offer balance) to the most engaged, the over 65’s? I am not in either group to be clear.
    I dont know, Im not a TV scheduler. I probably wouldnt have done either but see the case for the younger group as much stronger than the older group. The younger ones have virtually no MPs of their age representing them, it will be the first time many are voting so they be much more open to persuasion and changing their mind. New information for them is therefore more valuable. If I was a cynical TV producer I might also take into account advertisers pay more for younger viewers (dont know if thats the case still?).
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201

Events, dear boy...

To me the NHS is a local issue for people. So if people live in an area where there are enough GP's and their local A&E is not in crisis, it does not matter to their vote that Leeds is having problems. The NHS is not 100% in crisis.
  • Options

Events, dear boy...

No that is Corbyn in Bristol.

This is Boris' Jennifer's Ear before that historic 4th successive Tory term and an overall Tory majority on election night
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    nico67 said:

The worse thing about the clip . The smirk when Bozo finally looks at the phone . Horrible .

The clip has now been viewed 5.7 million times . The increase is quite amazing , roughly 100,000 new views every 10 minutes .

IIRC twitter videos are autoplay, so it has started playing that many times.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

camel said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

BluerBlue said:

Jason said:

And it went viral.

It isn't really as important as to how the child came to be on the floor. In itself it doesn't necessarily tell us the NHS is in meltdown, which presumably was the allusion the reporter was trying to create.

What looks terrible is Johnson's bizarre response.
  • Options
    nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    edited December 2019
    HaroldO said:

nico67 said:

IIRC twitter videos are autoplay, so it has started playing that many times.
    Fair enough . But still the rate of increase is amazing . In terms of auto play though . It didn’t do that when I viewed it. I had to hit the play button and then when it finished it stopped .
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

MikeL said:

Have you got it now?
    He answered the question, he looked at the phone and made clear the Government was putting more money into the NHS.

In any case it was the chief executive of the Trust responsible not Boris
    You live in a different world HY. Your man went full-on Tezzie today. Robo-Bozo, bus parked in a warehouse, the lot.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Most popular comment:

The BBC is having a technical difficulty in showing the comments. All those well paid IT managers too.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    The debates are having diminishing returns, and have been for at least two weeks. The ratings are dropping and so is the reach.
  • Options

It has the potential to be. And remember the furthest extent of the Tories' ambitions at this point. Labour have had to deploy McCluskey to defend BARNSLEY. We're debating BOLSOVER. With EASINGTON under threat. Doncaster North.

A retreat now at the last would be entertaining, The Tories - and I know that some of their closest chums are on here - should be pushing the stuff about how bad a badly hung parliament would be...
  • Options

Events, dear boy...

The desperation of the hard left in exploiting this incident and invading a hospital in a last desperate attempt to stop Boris and Brexit is beneath contempt.

Leave voters have made up their minds, they are voting for Boris and the final dirty tricks from the hard left will not stop them
  • Options
    This puts into perspective how much steel China is currently producing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozt_wdy4qc

Don't expect Greta and the XRs to be bothered though.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Events, dear boy...

No that is Corbyn in Bristol.

This is Boris' Jennifer's Ear before that historic 4th successive Tory term and an overall Tory majority on election night
    I still have money on a comfortable Tory majority, but this looks bad.

Johnson being Johnson it will probably increase his personal ratings by 20%. For any other politician it would be curtains, hence the Sheffield comment.
  • Options
    Prize for the first PBer who gets their phone into Bozo's pocket.

They seem to spontaneously end up in there, so it should be an easy ask.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Events, dear boy...

The desperation of the hard left in exploiting this incident and invading a hospital in a last desperate attempt to stop Boris and Brexit is beneath contempt.

Leave voters have made up their minds, they are voting for Boris and the final dirty tricks from the hard left will not stop them
    Quite right, we need to stop this invasion of hospitals NOW! And only Brexit will do that!
  • Options

This puts into perspective how much steel China is currently producing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ozt_wdy4qc

Don't expect Greta and the XRs to be bothered though.

Think ( I haven’t got a link) there was some stat about six months ago that in the previous two years China had produced as much steel as the UK had since 1870. (Eighteen Seventy!)
This discussion has been closed.