Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And now the YouGov MRP projection – a CON majority of 68

Comments

• wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,946
    GIN1138 said:

Labour holds on the north-east.

Yes the NE isn't fertile hunting ground but bishop auck, Darlington and stockton go I think and Sedgefield and Blyth valley and tynemouth seem in play
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,995
    constituency - Con - LD
    Eastbourne - 48 - 38
    Wokingham - 46 - 36
    Hazel Grove - 48 - 39
    Edinburgh North and Leith - 21 - 12
    Kensington - 37 - 29
    Lewes - 47 - 41
    North Norfolk - 46 - 40
    St Ives - 46 - 40
    Cheadle - 47 - 42
    Guildford - 44 - 39
    Winchester - 47 - 44
    South Cambridgeshire - 42 - 40
    Cheltenham - 45 - 45
    Carshalton and Wallington - 40 - 41
    Ceredigion - 21 - 22
    Westmorland and Lonsdale - 42 - 47
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 94,914
    The hexagons of that map make it difficult to find seats. North Wiltshire is below Chippenham.
  • Theresa Villiers could be in trouble in Chipping Barnet.
  • AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

MRP has Leigh as Con Gain.

No. Just no. Leigh is not blue.

@Philip_Thompson In 2017 the YouGov MRP predicted
    Con: 34.0
    Lab: 56.4

The actual result was

Con: 35.8
    Lab: 56.2
  • Betting Post

MRP has Leigh going blue (Tossup but with Con slightly in the lead). If you really believe this that Leigh will go blue you can get 7/2 on that. Surely value if this is accurate.

I do not believe this for that constituency. I can not see Leigh ever going blue unless the Tories are on 1931 style landslides.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,575
    Pulpstar said:

LD gain St Albans very comfortably.

So another loss somewhere?
  • kle4 said:

The hexagons of that map make it difficult to find seats. North Wiltshire is below Chippenham.

You can "google" it in the search box.
  • Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

Seats where Labour is just holding on because of the Brexit Party, according to MPR:

Weaver Vale: Lab 42%, Con 42%.
    High Peak: Lab 42%, Con 42%.
    Alyn & Deeside: Lab 42%, Con 42%.
    Bury North: Lab 43%, Con 43%.
    Bolton NE: Lab 42%, Con 41%.
    Gower: Lab 43%, Con 42%.
    Sedgefield: Lab 41%, Con 40%.
    Delyn: Lab 43%, Con 43%.

If we see the usual 2-3% swing to the government in the final week of the campaign all of those could fall...
    All those look like Tory gains to me which puts Boris in landslide territory. Well done Boris, well done HYUFD!
    Labour now heading sub-200! Do we still think Corbyn will stay on after this drubbing?
    Labour still have another fortnight to keep on closing that gap. Those voters will continue to drift back home. There's more than enough time for the Con lead to slip down into Hung Parliament territory.

Corbyn's not going anywhere except into 10 Downing Street.
    edited November 2019
    Redcar in play it seems, but needs Tory improvement to become likely.
    kle4 said:

Scotland layout is horrific. Stirling is the closest mainland point to the Western Isles apparently. And is north of Ross, Sky and Locharber
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976
    Pulpstar said:

Amazing situation in the Cities, Labour holding onto their vote there really painful for Chuka. Dead heat for 2nd, Tories on 40%.

In related news, Berger is projected to be in a dead heat for second (ie last) with Labour in Finchley.
  • brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    Sadly Bootle looks slightly out of reach.
  • ArtistArtist Posts: 1,892
    Erith and Thamesmead is strangely close. Labour 10k majority in London.
  • Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

GIN1138 said:

I think that is a big take away. They are holding on in South Wales and the North East.
    Was always going to be the case. I don't even think we will win Bishop Auckland
  • DadgeDadge Posts: 2,052
    kle4 said:

Andy_JS said:

Seats where Labour is just holding on because of the Brexit Party, according to MPR:

Tories need to communicate this, fast and hard, if they want to win. Most BXP voters must know by now that they might stop Brexit entirely, and not care, but on shares like that the Tories only need a little more squeeze., But they've squeezed a lot already.
    According to the YouGov data, the Tories have a sizeable majority. There's no incentive for Brexit Party voters to make Johnson's majority any bigger. In fact they want him to have a smallish majority so that the Spartans can stop him softening Brexit.
  • Tory range 328 to 385 acc to yougov

So many toss-up seats - I don't know how they have been decided in the headline number.
    They should have done it by factoring in the uncertainty.
  • tlg86 said:

constituency - Con - LD
    Eastbourne - 48 - 38
    Wokingham - 46 - 36
    Hazel Grove - 48 - 39
    Kensington - 37 - 29
    Lewes - 47 - 41
    North Norfolk - 46 - 40
    St Ives - 46 - 40
    Cheadle - 47 - 42
    Guildford - 44 - 39
    Winchester - 47 - 44
    Cheltenham - 45 - 45
    Ceredigion - 21 - 22

7-8 near misses for the LDs there and, with MoE and micro-campaigning, and Swinson not being a Muppet, could convert into x 20 MPs, or so.

I see from the detailed map at the YouGov site, that there are a number of 'tossup' seats. Four in the NE of Scotland, and a scattered bunch in England and Wales.

How has YouGov called them? Because if they call them CON but they go Lab/SNP/LD it might make the night interesting after all.

*clutches straws*

They've been 'called' by highest midpoint.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 27,525

tlg86 said:

East Dunbartonshire (Swinson’s seat) is neck-and-neck according to MRP.

LD - 38
    SNP - 33
    But look at the bars. The SNP could be as high as 45%. Swinson could be as low as 30%.

Swinson is way too short in the markets.
    I'm calling it for JSwinson. And yes, I am too chicken to take a bet on it.
  • Theresa Villiers could be in trouble in Chipping Barnet.

She's defending a majority of 353!
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,726

kle4 said:

I notice YouGov MRP still have most of the North going Labour....but the midlands like Stoke going Tory.

I seem to recall the regional voting polling from a month or so ago suggested that actually the Midlands, part of it at any rate, is even stronger for the Tories than the south now, which is interesting.
    Well it is the combination of Brexit and willingness to vote Tory in the past, unlike the North where despite Brexit it is still a very difficult for people not to vote like they have their whole life.
    Labour majorities have been tumbling for years in Northern ex-mining seats. It is only now that they are coming into play.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,150
    edited November 2019
    What this YouGov (and recent polling) does is give Labour confidence that if they keep throwing out the unfunded bribes and smears it appears to be working and the negative stuff coming back isn't having any effect.

I fully expect it going to the gutter from here.
  • Surprised to see Lincoln still red. I think it will go Blue on the day.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,504

Andy_JS said:

Swinson needs to adopt a softer image pretty quickly. Her schoolmistress persona obviously isn't coming across well to voters.

Too late. She’s had her 15 minutes.
    If Layla takes over, the projection suggests she doesn’t have to worry about her majority

Betting Post

MRP has Leigh going blue (Tossup but with Con slightly in the lead). If you really believe this that Leigh will go blue you can get 7/2 on that. Surely value if this is accurate.

I do not believe this for that constituency. I can not see Leigh ever going blue unless the Tories are on 1931 style landslides.

This is going to be the high watermark for the Cons in the MRP.
  • kle4 said:

You can "google" it in the search box.
    A couple of seats in compeltely the wrong place, like Chelmsford which is apparently near Lincolnshrie...
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,491
    tlg86 said:

Constituency - Con - Lab
    Bury North - 43 - 43
    Chipping Barnet - 41 - 41
    High Peak - 42 - 42
    Weaver Vale - 42 - 42
    Delyn - 43 - 43
    Alyn and Deeside - 42 - 42
    Bolton North East - 41 - 42
    Sedgefield - 40 - 41
    Gower - 42 - 43
    Coventry North West - 40 - 42
    Heywood and Middleton - 38 - 40
    Bridgend - 41 - 43
    Birmingham, Northfield - 40 - 43
    Coventry South - 40 - 43
    Erith and Thamesmead - 38 - 41
    Gedling - 41 - 44
    Lancaster and Fleetwood - 40 - 43
    Lincoln - 41 - 44
    Stockton North - 39 - 42
    Worsley and Eccles South - 39 - 42

MOE takes Cons to over 400 and Labour sub 200. Wow!
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,845
    edited November 2019
    GIN1138 said:

Except Bish.

Edit: And Darlo.
  • eggegg Posts: 1,749
    This can be a bad moment for the Conservatives 😧.
    More safety first campaigning like labour in 92 thinking its in the bag. 😕
    And this whole horrid thing now serves as tackyvote battle map dropped on remainers like mana.
    But are they really set for headline majority if election was tomorrow, based on one polling firm whilst others disagree, and as the PB experts look at each seat they are saying, really?
    The number of what build it responses sounds like a lot, but divided by 650 constituency’s? Hm. 🤔. Not that iffy constituency polling based on low numbers again?
    I stand by my suspicion this is a dangerous poll for the Tories.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,571
    tlg86 said:

Chesterfield:

Lab - 42
    Con - 36
    Brexit - 9
    LD - 8
    Green 3

Toby still tallest MP
  • BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    edited November 2019

Theresa Villiers could be in trouble in Chipping Barnet.

Good spot, that looks like the most likely Tory seat to change hands to Labour

Tory range 328 to 385 acc to yougov

Given that is on an 11% lead....Tories could fail to get 300 easily.
    That's true.

Remember, ComRes, ICM and Deltapoll all have the lead currently at 7%.
    Leads can go back up as well as down 😉
    But they won't. It's 2017 all over again. We know the direction of travel. We know how this story ends.
  • MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

If we see the usual 2-3% swing to the government in the final week of the campaign all of those could fall...
    All those look like Tory gains to me which puts Boris in landslide territory. Well done Boris, well done HYUFD!
    Labour now heading sub-200! Do we still think Corbyn will stay on after this drubbing?
    Labour still have another fortnight to keep on closing that gap. Those voters will continue to drift back home. There's more than enough time for the Con lead to slip down into Hung Parliament territory.

Um, although I think that's a rather bold statement ... I do think this poll is not as great for the tories as they might have hoped.

Three other pollsters have their lead at 7% (not the 11% on which this is based) and narrowing.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,726
    edited November 2019

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

I simply don't understand the prevalent belief here that the UK is swinging behind Corbyn, whose ratings are currently -30% to -40%.
  • nunu2nunu2 Posts: 1,453

Correct. It's not.

It will be.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,571
    Pulpstar said:

Andy_JS said:

Pulpstar said:

LD gain St Albans very comfortably.

It voted 61% Remain.
    Yes I backed the LDs there and said even if the Tories get 400 seats LD should gain it.
    Good spot.

How are the rest of your best holding up?
  • Alistair said:

kle4 said:

Scotland layout is horrific. Stirling is the closest mainland point to the Western Isles apparently. And is north of Ross, Sky and Locharber
    Almost as distorted as that infamous BBC weather map.
    An exercise best left to the reader.
    Find the Constituencies with the lowest LMS error between 2017 GE results and YouGov 2017 MRP.

Bet on any odds against current 1st place in the 2019 results.

Horrific results for the LibDems in the SW.

Not even sure of regaining second place platforms on which to build in many of them. I really don't think they can go many more years in the SW like that, surely at some point the local authority base gets eroded if for a decade at parliamentary time the LDs are not the anti-Tory choice?
  • I see from the detailed map at the YouGov site, that there are a number of 'tossup' seats. Four in the NE of Scotland, and a scattered bunch in England and Wales.

How has YouGov called them? Because if they call them CON but they go Lab/SNP/LD it might make the night interesting after all.

*clutches straws*

Scotland looks pretty unpredictable. At least six toss-ups there.

Looks like Tories could be between 6-12 seats there.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,266
    Alistair said:

CSV of the 2017 Yougov MRP results if you wish to compare what actually happened to the predictions last time out.

https://yg-infographics-data.s3.amazonaws.com/uk-elections-2017/figures/party_constituency_vote_shares.csv

NE Derbyshire was one seat where they got it wrong last time. They said leans Labour and the Tories won it comfortably.

Surprised to see Lincoln still red. I think it will go Blue on the day.

Only the students could keep it red. I think it maybe breaks up later than most Unis
  • kjohnw1kjohnw1 Posts: 95
    edited November 2019

It ain't going to happen. This is based on Tories winning by 11 and the campaign is going all Labour's way over the past week.

For the Tories, all they can hope for is no more slip-ups and hope that enough tight seats go their way. They have to also hope that the Lib Dems can get a bit of traction and take back a few % from Labour.

Not so sure the campaign is going all labours way . The AN interview was car crash tv , the NHS lies from Corbyn has unravelled within 8 hours . Labour has used up its remaining ammo . And that’s not to mention the real election going on below the radar in the marginals with social media and targeted campaigning . Corbyns wheels are coming off his wagon . Nothing is guaranteed , but read the runes, labour are a busted flush , when the likes of good men like Ian Austin are saying vote Boris to save us from Corbyn You know it’s over. If the British people rejected EdM then sure as hell they will reject JCorbyn . Barring BJ getting caught with a sheep in Downing Street it’s game over .
  • Interesting the bookies have left all their constituency markets up.
  • wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,946
    Farron and Brake have tight fights against Tories
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,910

GIN1138 said:

Yes the NE isn't fertile hunting ground but bishop auck, Darlington and stockton go I think and Sedgefield and Blyth valley and tynemouth seem in play
    However the first results of the night will let us know what's ahead because if Labour's lead in the Sunderlands is slashed but they hold on we'll know Boris is on course for a majority. If there's very little change on 2017 its all going tititicus verticus and if any of the Sunderlands should actually go Blue it's a Con landslide.

I see from the detailed map at the YouGov site, that there are a number of 'tossup' seats. Four in the NE of Scotland, and a scattered bunch in England and Wales.

*clutches straws*

If you look at the chart/graph on the toss-up seats, they usually have one of the parties slightly ahead. That's how they called them I guess. They use the phrase toss-up when it's less than around 3% either way I think.
  • ozymandiasozymandias Posts: 1,503

What this YouGov (and recent polling) does is give Labour confidence that if they keep throwing out the unfunded bribes and smears it appears to be working and the negative stuff coming back isn't having any effect.

I fully expect it going to the gutter from here.

I don’t think that’s right. If anything the AN interview showed these splurges of cash are drawn from no where. I think the public will rapidly lose patience with huge additional promises. Labour will just be left looking foolish. I think they’ve cooked their own goose in this respect.

A few well placed bribes works. Throwing the kitchen sink at it - well people will just begin to laugh. And they are starting to do just that.

• MysticroseMysticrose Posts: 4,688
    Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

I simply don't understand the prevalent belief here that the UK is swinging behind Corbyn.
    Perception that the Conservatives aren't running a very good campaign (again).

Belief that history repeats itself.

Belief that Labour core will eventually come home to Labour.

Sense that Corbyn and Labour are getting traction.

Nerves about opinion polls these days.

And above all, probably, narrowing polls with Labour's share improving.
    Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

I simply don't understand the prevalent belief here that the UK is swinging behind Corbyn, whose ratings are currently -30% to -40%.
    It's in spite of him. The Labour share is getting into the mid 30s, and unless the Tories break away further that might be enough to deny Boris a majority, and that is literally all Labour need to do.
    Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

No, but they might be swinging behind a big fat cheque arriving.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,995
    Uxbridge and South Ruislip:

Con - 50
    Lab - 37
  • EndillionEndillion Posts: 4,976

This is possibly a result of insufficient Jews in the sample. Hendon shouldn't be near as close as the model suggests, even if the polls narrow. Chipping has fewer Jews but enough to matter - although of the three Barnet seats it's the most likely to flip, now the LDs have collapsed.
    Portsmouth South: likely Labour.

Labour doing well in university places like Portsmouth, Canterbury, Cambridge, Exeter, etc.
  • Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,821
    edited November 2019
    Interesting that they have Labour marginally ahead of Chuka in Cities of London & Westminster. The betting markets seem to have largely discounted Labour.
    Having said that, in practice I suspect Chuka will come second by a fair margin, simply because of the intensive ground game.
    There's money to be made tonight. But I am going to bed.
    kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

It's in spite of him. The Labour share is getting into the mid 30s, and unless the Tories break away further that might be enough to deny Boris a majority, and that is literally all Labour need to do.
    Why do you assume the tories can’t widen the gap in the final two weeks?

tlg86 said:

constituency - Con - LD
    Eastbourne - 48 - 38
    Wokingham - 46 - 36
    Hazel Grove - 48 - 39
    Kensington - 37 - 29
    Lewes - 47 - 41
    North Norfolk - 46 - 40
    St Ives - 46 - 40
    Cheadle - 47 - 42
    Guildford - 44 - 39
    Winchester - 47 - 44
    Cheltenham - 45 - 45
    Ceredigion - 21 - 22

7-8 near misses for the LDs there and, with MoE and micro-campaigning, and Swinson not being a Muppet, could convert into x 20 MPs, or so.
    She could squeeze 3 or 4 of them I think Cheltenham and South Cambs are likely, but if the Libs get squeezed nationally by Labour I’d expect they might fall back in these seats too as the national picture becomes Boris vs Corbyn.
    Yardley: safe Labour.
    Exit poll called Finchely for Labour last time, don't think that's happening again, even if it is a knock down fight for second place there. I wonder if they can increase their leaflet count further!
    Looks like Dom Cummings is a genius after all.
  • nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    Floater said:
    Ironic as in Johnson refused to take part in both so why should Corbyn . The DT doesn’t bother to pretend anymore , it’s just a fan magazine for Bozo .
  • Brom said:

Good spot, that looks like the most likely Tory seat to change hands to Labour
    Good odds still with Bet365 on that.

I got 15/8.

Surprised to see Lincoln still red. I think it will go Blue on the day.

Is there a university there? Labour seem to be doing very well in university towns and cities, holding Canterbury, Portsmouth South, Cambridge, etc.
    Alistair said:

kle4 said:

That's why I've asked them whether there's a spreadsheet to go along with this.
  • TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,869

Sadly Bootle looks slightly out of reach.

Boooooooooooo.

Oh wait.... for who? The Lib Dems? Probably.

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

Um, although I think that's a rather bold statement ... I do think this poll is not as great for the tories as they might have hoped.

Three other pollsters have their lead at 7% (not the 11% on which this is based) and narrowing.
    It's not that bold, it's what the precedent of the last election (since which nothing fundamental has changed) tells us.

The Tories need to win outright to stay in power. If we're anywhere short of a majority then the horse-trading between Labour and the other Opposition parties begins.

I reckon that the SNP and the Lib Dems (whatever they might say at the moment) will concede a Corbyn-led administration in exchange for the referendums, especially the EU vote which needs to be negotiated with the EU27 very quickly, The only possible complicating factor is if the DUP - who are very anti-Corbyn and, presumably, willing to see a crash-out Brexit by accident just so long as the Irish Sea border is binned as a result - end up holding the balance of power between the two blocs again.

The Labour surge is now underway. The prospects of a Conservative win look slight.
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,307
    Andrew said:

Alistair said:

Edinburgh West Tossup

….snip...

I genuinely do not see this. I can't shape the constituency into a form where this happens.

But for Reference the 2017 YouGov called this almost perfectly right.

I have a lot of money going down the drain at the moment.

Massive error bars on individual MRP constituency predictions though, could be some wildly different outcomes there. I'm not even they should publish them tbh, just spit out the aggregate and be done with it.
    Here is the error on the aggregate

• Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

I notice YouGov MRP still have most of the North going Labour....but the midlands like Stoke going Tory.

I seem to recall the regional voting polling from a month or so ago suggested that actually the Midlands, part of it at any rate, is even stronger for the Tories than the south now, which is interesting.
    Well it is the combination of Brexit and willingness to vote Tory in the past, unlike the North where despite Brexit it is still a very difficult for people not to vote like they have their whole life.
    Labour majorities have been tumbling for years in Northern ex-mining seats. It is only now that they are coming into play.
    Amusingly, Bolsover leans Conservative.

Skinner's graceless losing speech might be one worth staying up for.
    Artist said:

Erith and Thamesmead is strangely close. Labour 10k majority in London.

Half the seat is white working-class which is good for the Tories. The other half is mainly Africans who tend not to be as good for Labour as West Indians, Pakistanis, etc. Also I seem to remember reading that they have a much lower turnout than other groups.
    IDS holds on in Chingford. :D
  • KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,917

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

Going on all of the 2017 campaign and a month of this one?

• Much better for Labour than I expected. Just shows that with a decent leader the Tories would be toast.
  • Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

I would enjoy that very much.
  • PaulMPaulM Posts: 613

Leigh isn't going Tory. No chance. And I wonder whether that points to the shortcomings of the MRP approach - places like Leigh demographically should not be as staunch Labour as they are - negligible BAME, above average home ownership etc But 100 years of Labour MPs and Labour councillors has to count for something
  • SunnyJimSunnyJim Posts: 1,106

Much better for Labour than I expected. Just shows that with a decent leader the Tories would be toast.

Eh?

Horrific results for the LibDems in the SW.

One seat to watch where word is Labour are doing badly on the ground is Brighton Kemptown..... "likely Labour" says YouGov.

That’s the deciding post of the night for me, because I would be surprised if that happened. libdems didn’t benefit from lumpy labour vote as it goes tactical across south west last time like libdems will get this time. Is this kind of polling picking up tv enough?
  • HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Here is one question; Why are Labour not looking like winning a majority of their own, in fact they are nowhere near doing so?
    I mean they are literally telling the public they can make their lives hugely better, and all for almost free yet they are nowhere near holding power outright.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,411
    Coventry South and NW close, NE miles off for the Tories - much more sense than the Best for Britain model.
    PaulM said:

Leigh isn't going Tory. No chance. And I wonder whether that points to the shortcomings of the MRP approach - places like Leigh demographically should not be as staunch Labour as they are - negligible BAME, above average home ownership etc But 100 years of Labour MPs and Labour councillors has to count for something
    Cough. Scotland. Cough.
  • nico67nico67 Posts: 4,502
    The fear of giving Johnson a big majority might play well for Labour in some seats they’re currently forecast to lose . It might also help the Lib Dems .

Tory supporters are of course happy with the YouGov and they should be . I think most would have taken this two weeks out from the GE.

However some of the seats are very close and tactical voting isn’t factored in .

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

I don't think they have it in them. They are playing it safe with their manifesto so don't have anything eye catching to offer, there's nothing new to throw at Corbyn and Boris is not as good as he thinks he is, and as long as the message is that the Tories might win a majority the Labour squeeze on the LDs will continue and they will close to within 4-6% by the vote (if a bit higher, then a shy Labour factor, because the low poll ratings going into the election show people are not enthused by them, will push up the vote a bit), and that will deny a majority and that is all that is needed.
  • llefllef Posts: 300
    Andy_JS said:

Alistair said:

CSV of the 2017 Yougov MRP results if you wish to compare what actually happened to the predictions last time out.

https://yg-infographics-data.s3.amazonaws.com/uk-elections-2017/figures/party_constituency_vote_shares.csv

NE Derbyshire was one seat where they got it wrong last time. They said leans Labour and the Tories won it comfortably.
    That's very useful thanks. In 2017 they got ynys Mon almost spot on except overstated libs by 5% which should have been added 50/50 to con and plaid. Maybe cons are fav after all!
    Best way to sum it up for Labour: trouble at t' mill.

Much better for Labour than I expected. Just shows that with a decent leader the Tories would be toast.

Labour's on their lowest seat share since 1983...
    Flint should be found a place in the Lords if she wants.
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Sean_F said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

I don't think they have it in them. They are playing it safe with their manifesto so don't have anything eye catching to offer, there's nothing new to throw at Corbyn and Boris is not as good as he thinks he is, and as long as the message is that the Tories might win a majority the Labour squeeze on the LDs will continue and they will close to within 4-6% by the vote (if a bit higher, then a shy Labour factor, because the low poll ratings going into the election show people are not enthused by them, will push up the vote a bit), and that will deny a majority and that is all that is needed.
    The WASPI bribe wasn't in Labour’s manifesto. This is nonsense.
    llef said:

Andy_JS said:

Alistair said:

That's very useful thanks. In 2017 they got ynys Mon almost spot on except overstated libs by 5% which should have been added 50/50 to con and plaid. Maybe cons are fav after all!
    It's only one seat. I don't know how many other seats they got wrong because I haven't studied it in detail.
    Barnesian said:

Andrew said:

Alistair said:

Edinburgh West Tossup

….snip...

I genuinely do not see this. I can't shape the constituency into a form where this happens.

But for Reference the 2017 YouGov called this almost perfectly right.

I have a lot of money going down the drain at the moment.

Massive error bars on individual MRP constituency predictions though, could be some wildly different outcomes there. I'm not even they should publish them tbh, just spit out the aggregate and be done with it.
    Here is the error on the aggregate

29-54 for the SNP is quite the range.
  • Pulpstar said:

Flint should be found a place in the Lords if she wants.
    Bassetlaw is going blue as well.
    The best part for the Tories about these new found northern/midland seats is... like I suspect North East Derbyshire will show, once they go blue they're probably not going back to Labour.

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

I would enjoy that very much.
    But the labour team there seem so confident, what does the pollster know there own efforts doesn’t?
  • So if Skinner does lose, with Ken Clarke's retirement, who will be the new Father/Mother of the House?
  • I see from the detailed map at the YouGov site, that there are a number of 'tossup' seats. Four in the NE of Scotland, and a scattered bunch in England and Wales.

*clutches straws*

Edinburgh West is a dead heat on the MRP - plenty of fun and games still to come, Scottish voters love to surprise.
    nico67 said:

The fear of giving Johnson a big majority might play well for Labour in some seats they’re currently forecast to lose . It might also help the Lib Dems .

Tory supporters are of course happy with the YouGov and they should be . I think most would have taken this two weeks out from the GE.

However some of the seats are very close and tactical voting isn’t factored in .

But equally it might help the LDs hold North Norfolk and Eastbourne if voters there don't fear Corbyn entering 10 Downing Street.
This discussion has been closed.