Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Let’s put an end to this rubbish thinking about LAB being vuln

12346»

Comments

• Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    new thread
  • Options
    ah009ah009 Posts: 436
    > @OllyT said:
    > > @malcolmg said:
    > > > @ralphmalph said:
    > >
    > > > > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > >
    > > > > OT
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > I have been out today and called into B & Q for a length of timber. Now most lengths are 2.4m which will fit in my car but in this case the timber I wanted was 3.00m so was too long. I enquired of one of the assistants on the shop floor and this was the conversation
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > Me - Excuse me, could you cut half a metre off this wood so I can get it into my car, of course I will pay the full price
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > No
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > Me - Could you lend me a saw so I can do it in the car park
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > No
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > Me - And why not
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > The EU health and safety laws prevents us cutting wood
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > Me - But you are a DIY store
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > If we cut ourselves B & Q are not insured. Sorry cannot help you
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > The wood in question was 30mm wide
    > >
    > > > >
    > >
    > > > > How times change and such poor customer care
    > >
    > > >
    > >
    > > > I have had similar with car recovery. I was told they could not reverse on to my drive and roll the car of the back on to the drive, because they were not insured whilst on my drive. They could only deposit my car on the road.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Who thinks up this nonsense. The EU have a lot to answer for
    > >
    > > Just an excuse they hide behind as they don't want to do it. Then some idiots moan and whinge about the EU.
    >
    > Going to be fascinating to see what they do when they can't blame the EU anymore!

WTO
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,995
    TGOHF said:

> @williamglenn said:

> > @TGOHF said:

> > > @williamglenn said:

> > > Is Sajid Javid getting paid by the SNP to be so tone deaf?

> >

> > Scotland is falling apart - education, crime , poverty, university admissions.

> >

> > Nicola is throwing the same squirrel over and over - why do the weak minded keep ignoring her falling level of support ?

> >

> >

>

> It’s the UK that’s falling apart.

Former FM and the "father of losing referendums" pending trial for sex offences....

You Tory boys don't like it that SNP after 12 years in power just get more popular. Really sticks in your craw. Especially the Toom tabard versions.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,315
    > @viewcode said:
    > OT
    >
    >
    >
    > I have been out today and called into B & Q for a length of timber. Now most lengths are 2.4m which will fit in my car but in this case the timber I wanted was 3.00m so was too long. I enquired of one of the assistants on the shop floor and this was the conversation
    >
    >
    >
    > Me - Excuse me, could you cut half a metre off this wood so I can get it into my car, of course I will pay the full price
    >
    >
    >
    > No
    >
    >
    >
    > Me - Could you lend me a saw so I can do it in the car park
    >
    >
    >
    > No
    >
    >
    >
    > Me - And why not
    >
    >
    >
    > The EU health and safety laws prevents us cutting wood
    >
    >
    >
    > Me - But you are a DIY store
    >
    >
    >
    > If we cut ourselves B & Q are not insured. Sorry cannot help you
    >
    >
    >
    > The wood in question was 30mm wide
    >
    >
    >
    > How times change and such poor customer care
    >
    > Wouldn't it have been simpler to buy a little saw there and then? As opposed to giving the floor staff some aggro?
    >
    > Incidentally, if you want wood, best to go to one of the trade shops like Screwfix if you have one handy. You won't get it VAT-off cos your not trade, but it's kept in better conditions: B&Q wood is usually hockey-stick warped. Now, if you're using one of the larger B&Q stores they do cut your wood for you, but best to check beforehand on t'internet.

Where is the aggro. It was not an unreasonable request and when I arrived at the check out and asked if she would keep the wood until I came back with a saw she also said it was EU health and safety. As far as the wood was concerned it was a treated rough wood strip for my shed. We do not have screwfix near and for bits of wood B& Q are now the only convenient store following the closure of Homebase
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,995
    TGOHF said:

> @williamglenn said:

> Is Sajid Javid getting paid by the SNP to be so tone deaf?

Scotland is falling apart - education, crime , poverty, university admissions.

Nicola is throwing the same squirrel over and over - why do the weak minded keep ignoring her falling level of support ?

LOL, Scotland is just fine, crime is very low , not seen or heard of anyone I know being involved in one in nearly 50 years, tuition is free , poverty is less than England and SNP are covering some of the worst Tory policies , and we get free prescriptions, home care for the elderly, they are building hundreds of new centres for childcare, and so it goes on and on, despite the Tories best efforts.
    Think you have been gone too long Harry and the green cheese is getting the better of you, maybe a visit to Scotland would help you with truth and reality.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    Jonathan said:

> @Big_G_NorthWales said:

> > @Jonathan said:

> > I hereby announce my candidacy for Leader of the Conservative Party. My pitch is that despite not being an MP or a supporter and being opposed to many conservative values, I am not the worst candidate on offer. Not being from any faction, I am uniquely placed to unite the party and move it towards the common ground of politics.

>

> I am actually before you in the queue as I am a member and voted conservative in the EU election so I cannot be disenfranchised. Indeed I believe I could beat several of these candidates with my eyes shut

If you voted Conservative in the EU elections you are clearly not a true Conservative and hereby relegated to ChangeUK you wooly Liberal.

That’s not even a joke to many who voted BXP I bet.
  • Options
    TheValiantTheValiant Posts: 1,710
    RobD said:

I thought that was a picture of Stuart. :D Why people have profile pics of those they vehemently disagree with is beyond me.

I've no idea either.....
    *looks at profile picture - realises he's not a communist*
    Maybe I should change mine.....

• Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    > @OblitusSumMe said:
    > > @stodge said:
    > > There is also the nuance of saying what you've done as distinct from saying what you will do but I struggle to see how retrospectively endorsing the candidate of another Party is excusable.
    >
    > Unless you restrict party membership only to those who have never in the past expressed support for another party, then you cannot apply rules about retrospectively expressing support for other parties.
    >
    > Suppose one of the Liberal Democrat MPs were to decide to defect from the Liberal Democrats to Labour. Would they be expelled for stating that they had voted Lib Dem in the European elections? If not, how could you expel a different Labour member for saying the same?
    >
    But the defecting LibDem MP had no obligation to vote Labour at the time he voted LibDem. A Labour member who reveals he voted LibDem or Green - whilst already a Labour member - did have such an obligation.
  • Options
    ah009ah009 Posts: 436
    > @malcolmg said:
    > > @williamglenn said:
    >
    > > Is Sajid Javid getting paid by the SNP to be so tone deaf?
    >
    >
    >
    > Scotland is falling apart - education, crime , poverty, university admissions.
    >
    >
    >
    > Nicola is throwing the same squirrel over and over - why do the weak minded keep ignoring her falling level of support ?
    >
    > LOL, Scotland is just fine, crime is very low , not seen or heard of anyone I know being involved in one in nearly 50 years, tuition is free , poverty is less than England and SNP are covering some of the worst Tory policies , and we get free prescriptions, home care for the elderly, they are building hundreds of new centres for childcare, and so it goes on and on, despite the Tories best efforts.
    > Think you have been gone too long Harry and the green cheese is getting the better of you, maybe a visit to Scotland would help you with truth and reality.

^ seconded. As someone who's been spending a lot of time both north and south of the border lately, I have a sense that things are marginally better on the north side. Problems at both ends of the country, to be sure, but reasons to be cheerful too.
    The idea that Scotland is "falling apart" is utter, utter rot. In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's a nakedly dishonest assessment; anyone claiming it should hang their head.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > > @williamglenn said:
    >
    > > Is Sajid Javid getting paid by the SNP to be so tone deaf?
    >
    >
    >
    > Scotland is falling apart - education, crime , poverty, university admissions.
    >
    >
    >
    > Nicola is throwing the same squirrel over and over - why do the weak minded keep ignoring her falling level of support ?
    >
    > The SNP seem to be maintaining their popularity in Scotland unlike Labour and the Tories in England and Wales. They must be doing something right.

To an extent - but 37.7% is not that impressive in the context of an EU election in which so many vuters were keen to deliver protest votes. I still think it unlikely the SNP will manage 35% at the next Westminster election.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,325
    edited May 2019
    f
    f
  • Options
    argyllrsargyllrs Posts: 155
    > @Philip_Thompson said:
    > If Boris had said UK contributions were £700 million per week that would be a lie.
    >
    > Quoting gross figures is spin.
    >
    > Spin is not illegal. It isn't for courts to determine spin.

I pay taxes - when I look at my pay slip I'm not thinking well I get some back in kind.
This discussion has been closed.