Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The big picture from the turnout figures so far annouced is th

Comments

• Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,229
    > @ah009 said:
    > > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > > Lecturn with crest on it outside no 10
    >
    > She's going nowhere ;)

Crest meaning its about government. She was expected to announce her resignation as Tory leader - which would leave her as PM until a replacement elected. But she can't be doing that if there's a crest...
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    > @moonshine said:
    > I have no idea what's gone wrong, both the 2015 general election and 2016 referendum were efficiently run. I hesitate to call conspiracy when c0ckup is the more likely explanation but Donald Farage's "drain the swamp" rhetoric gets more attractive by the day when you're on the receiving end of such shoddy service as a voter.

It's notable that the French go to a lot more effort to ensure that their citizens who have emigrated can vote and campaign for their support. I don't know why our officials are less motivated to do this properly.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    > @MarqueeMark said:
    > > @GIN1138 said:
    > > > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > > > > @GIN1138 said:
    > > > > > @Scott_P said:
    > > > > > https://twitter.com/tompeck/status/1131834071817052161
    > > > >
    > > > > So Helen Grant MP (no me neither) is running? :D
    > > >
    > > > No - she supports Rabb
    > >
    > > And she can't do that without resigning? Odd!
    >
    > Maybe the stench of death around May's Govt. has just become too much to take. Must be like doing autopsies, 24/7.

Helen Grant is resigning from a Party (CCHQ) role, not from the government. This looks a natural move to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest in a party election for a new leader. (She is not a minister so cannot resign from the government.)
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    > @RochdalePioneers said:
    > > @ah009 said:
    > > > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > > > Lecturn with crest on it outside no 10
    > >
    > > She's going nowhere ;)
    >
    > Crest meaning its about government. She was expected to announce her resignation as Tory leader - which would leave her as PM until a replacement elected. But she can't be doing that if there's a crest...
    >

She's calling a GE!!! (just joking....)
  • Options
    ah009ah009 Posts: 436
    Is there a market on whether the podium falls over?
  • Options
    saddosaddo Posts: 534
    > @Foxy said:
    > > @DavidL said:
    > > > @Slackbladder said:
    > > > > @JackW said:
    > > > > @Jonathan said:
    > > > >
    > > > > "Surely the only sensible thing is to start officially the leadership election now and have the first vote day after recess."
    > > > >
    > > > > .....................................................................................................................
    > > > >
    > > > > Despite my criticism on the PM I believe she should be allowed to go with dignity. I'd say announce she's resigning as Conservative leader on a date shortly after the Trump visit - June 10th. This allows the runners and riders time to take soundings and determine whether to run.
    > > > >
    > > > > The contest will take a few months to run, whilst she remains PM, and the new incumbent should be in place by late August or early September.
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > Can we really go rudderless for 3 months??
    > >
    > > We've been rudderless for 2 years and the economy has thrived. There is a message in there somewhere.
    >
    > From the economic point of view the Brexit doldrums are not the biggest problem. The ship sails on. It is the iceburg on 31st Oct that presents the small obstacle while we have no captain.
    >
    >

Lesson is clear. Politicians stay out of economics, let everyone else get on with it.

Gawd help us if Corbyn and his control freak trots ever get in power.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    TOPPING said:

Dura_Ace said:

"From the river to the sea" as advocated by Hamas would be my guess.

Mate, all very well you might have 16 Porsches (and a Ninja?) ready and waiting for when you get your license back but the fact that your man Nick Cooke-Priest was binned off his command for using a FORD GALAXY without permission should be a source of eternal shame to you and the senior service.
    Mocking the seniors is all very well

Presumably the issue is he was claiming expenses for mileage but not bothering to mention personal use?

The papers have chosen not to highlight that (I must stress it is my speculation and I have no idea whether he was or wasn’t. It does explain the apparent severity of the punishment)
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,300
    > @AlastairMeeks said:
    > Part of me wants Theresa May to march out, announce that she has reflected carefully and concluded that it is in the nation's interests that she continues in office, exhort MPs to pass MV901 and then turn on her kitten heels and walk back into Number 10 muttering "nothing has changed".

I think humming or whistling with a radiomic still on would be a nice touch.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    PM to announce she standing down to take up the baton and sing for the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2020.

Douze Points .....
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,229
    > @ah009 said:
    > Is there a market on whether the podium falls over?

Or falls on top of her
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    > @isam said:
    > Portillo congratulated Gove on stopping Boris taking over from Cameron in 2016, but last night on This Week he seemed to be backing him

Gove successfully engineered a 3 year delay...
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    What's Baker saying ?
  • Options
    RecidivistRecidivist Posts: 4,679

> @Scott_P said:

>

I think that's the (possibly only) big effect that Change UK will achieve. Had they not stood up and made the case, the LibDems and Greens would have continued to wibble into the ether on half their current level of support, and Lab would have retained a lot of default "whatevs" votes from not-that-active remainers.

But Change UK's week in the spotlight has made some of those look around. The bad news for Heidi is they ended up with Vince & Co.
    Credit where it's due - the Lib Dems had kept their show on the road so they were able to take advantage when the opportunity arose.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,298
    > @RochdalePioneers said:
    > > @ah009 said:
    > > Is there a market on whether the podium falls over?
    >
    > Or falls on top of her

Time to cut her a little slack and let her leave with dignity
  • Options
    Statement at 10.00 am from Downing Street
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    > @CarlottaVance said:
    > https://twitter.com/instituteforgov/status/1131846062786977792

Doubt even Raab will go for no deal to be honest. Boris certainly won't. So unless somehow Baker wins this won't be an issue.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    Pulpstar said:

What's Baker saying ?

He might stand as the other Leave contenders voted for the deal last time out
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

Foxy said:

But it will not shift my vote at all. Indeed I believe that the least we interfere in Middle East politics the better, we have a strong track record over the last century there of repeated interventions there that make things worse and shred our international reputation. The sooner that we stop messing with the region the better.

TBH the level of passion probably goes up the more they get insulted for it, because it becomes a passionate argument it takes on far more importance than it originally did for some people I imagine.

The current Labour policy pretty much consists of recognising Palestine and stopping weapons sales to Israel, which is pretty hard to argue against.
    A genuine question this: what land area is the Palestine which Labour would recognise?
    Good question, I don't actually know where to find the answer or what it is TBH. Could just be a vague recognition of a Palestinian state rather than particularly territory or if not related to the founding(48 maybe), '67 or based on some kind of UN recognised areas....

There are a number of countries that recognise Palestine although I'm not sure how exactly they do it territory wise.
    Thank you for your answer.

The answer to my question, whatever it is, is actually very important.

1. If it’s simply the concept of a Palestinian state - territory to be decided later - that’s fine in principle (subject to not meaning the destruction of Israel) but not what is generally understood by recognition of a state.
    2. If it’s the Occupied Territories and Gaza, that would seem fine since these are either lands which Israel does not hold (Gaza) or should not hold (the Occupied Territories).
    3. If it’s everything from the river Jordan to the Mediterranean (which is what is often shown in maps put out by the Palestinian authorities or what is set out in the Hamas Charter) then not fine at all since that would involve the destruction of an existing state, Israel.

It is not easy to say whether Labour’s policy of recognition of Palestine is one to support without knowing exactly what it means. I would be fine with 1 & 2 for instance but not at all with 3.

If I have time I may try to find out.
    I would just note that the occupied territories are occupied because of an invasion of Israel by Palestinian (Transjordan at the time) and its allies.

If there can be a guarantee that won’t happen again then possibly there can be two state solution (as most would like to see). But while Hamas remains committed to a Jewish genocide that’s difficult to see path towards
  • Options
    > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > > @RochdalePioneers said:
    > > > @ah009 said:
    > > > Is there a market on whether the podium falls over?
    > >
    > > Or falls on top of her
    >
    > Time to cut her a little slack and let her leave with dignity

I'll afford her the same respect she's offered the vulnerable of this country.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,008
    edited May 2019
    Steve Baker on BBC news says he may stand for the Tory leadership as a candidate who has always voted against the Withdrawal Agreement and for pure Brexit.

He also says a 10th June departure date for May would be reasonable
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    > @JackW said:
    > PM to announce she standing down to take up the baton and sing for the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2020.
    >
    > Douze Points .....

Er, after post-event checking....nil points.
  • Options
    Baker is not aware of the clue of the crest.
  • Options
    mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,140
    > @IanB2 said:
    > One thing we can all agree on is that the reputation of political polling in the UK continues to deteriorate, with a forecast range for Labour from 13-25%. Some at least of the polling companies have got some serious problems with their approach.

And I think it is worse than it seems - even if someone gets it "right" how do we know it is not just stopped clock syndrome? No-one has consistently "got it right" for a long time now, I think, except possibly in "broad long term direction".
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,310
    Just topped up on Gove btw @ 12.5. The more I see it the more he is one of the few chameleon types who could pull off being either leave or remain.

I am green on: Stewart, Gove, Rudd, Hammond.
  • Options
    > @CarlottaVance said:
    > https://twitter.com/gordonrayner/status/1131845944222330880

Actually TM is to remain in place as the leadership race takes place and this has been approved by the 1922
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited May 2019
    @anothernick said:
    > > @Foxy said:
    > > > @Brom said:
    > > > > @Scott_P said:
    > > > > https://twitter.com/NinaDSchick/status/1131836153412411392
    > > >
    > > > 1/3 of the vote would be incredible. I suspect BXP would bite your hand off if they were offered that.
    > >
    > > 1/3 of a 1/3 turnout? so 1/9 of eligible voters.
    > >
    > > or 1/6 of GE voters?
    > >
    > > quite a significant minority, but similar to UKIP in 2015, and at the lower end of what right wing populists get in other countries.
    >
    > And pretty conclusive evidence that only a small minority of the electorate support a no deal Brexit. Food for thought for Tory leadership candidates.

That's encouragement to Boris. He's the only genuine chameleon. He not only has no principles the public don't expect him to have any. He starts with a huge advantage.
  • Options
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > What's Baker saying ?

He may run
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

So this will be the third Con leadership election in a row where the CoTE isn't even in the race.

Not much of a path to power is it ?

Never has been. With the exception of Najor when was the last CotE to make it to the top?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    > @HYUFD said:
    > > @Pulpstar said:
    > > What's Baker saying ?
    >
    > He may run

Away I hope
  • Options
    Oh cripes...that crest is still there.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,307
    > @Theuniondivvie said:
    > > @DavidL said:
    > > > @StuartDickson said:
    > > > DavidL
    > > >
    > > > Not so sure that the SNP has succeeded in dominating Scottish public life in the same way as Labour managed during 1960s - 2000. Their placemen were absolutely everywhere.
    > > >
    > > > In contrast, the SNP has been exceedingly fair. Posts are largely filled on merit. Meaning that a surprisingly large number of public posts are held by Lib Dems and Tories. Way in excess of their electoral weight.
    > > >
    > > > This causes some strange conflicts at certain board meetings! ;)
    > >
    > > I would agree that SNP flag carriers are nothing like as dominant as Labour ones were in the period you described. But it took a long time to achieve that ubiquity and they are getting there. It is not healthy to have an overly dominant political culture and Scotland is at risk of switching from the dead hand of Labour to the dead hand of the SNP with a disappointingly short interval.
    >
    >
    > When #ruthforfm comes off, I look forward to you expressing similar concerns about the dead hand of Team Ruth, or whatever 'we're not really the Tories' name they're calling themselves by then.

I think the idea of the Tories becoming the dominant party for any extended period in Scotland, even with Ruth, is pretty risible but if it were to happen I would be concerned about that too. The SNP are not doing anything unusual or overly aggressive. It is just the inevitable consequence of a long period in power that like minded individuals come to the top.
  • Options
    > @Slackbladder said:
    > Oh cripes...that crest is still there.

Remind me again what the crest rules in and out ?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > > @Slackbladder said:
    > > Oh cripes...that crest is still there.
    >
    > Remind me again what the crest rules in and out ?

Crest means it's government business. Announcing your intention to resign as PM is covered by that.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,678
    HYUFD said:

> @Pulpstar said:

> What's Baker saying ?

He may run

https://twitter.com/chrisdeerin/status/1131847293685116928
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > > @Slackbladder said:
    > > Oh cripes...that crest is still there.
    >
    > Remind me again what the crest rules in and out ?

When Cameron declared he'd stand down after the EU Referendum there was a crest there, but he stayed on as PM anyway.
  • Options
    I quite like Baker actually, a man of principles unlike the favourite.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,819
    If Theresa is staying as PM during the leadership contest then that would explain the crest no?

Bad news for Lidders backers though! :D
  • Options
    Best she's ever looked!
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989
    What will her tone be? I'm guessing quite defiant She may even come out strongly against no deal. Not long now.
  • Options
    Here we go...
  • Options
    "In a democracy, you have a duty to implement what the public decide".
  • Options
    Let me be the first. She's gone!
  • Options
    Resigning as leader on 7th June.
  • Options
    Remains PM until the process to select her successor is concluded.
  • Options
    A class resignation by TM.
  • Options
    moonshine said:

> @OblitusSumMe said:

> > @kjh said:

> > Does anyone have any idea of the size of the issue re disenfranchisement of:

> >

> > UK citizens abroad

> > EU citizens here (plus the added Irish issue)

> >

> > Are we talking the odd 100/1000 or 100,000s/Millions?

> >

>

> There are large numbers of people - probably well into the 100,000s - who were not aware until yesterday that they had to complete an extra form to register to vote for EU elections on top of what they had to do to register for the local elections.

>

> One of these people who is of my acquaintance is annoyed by that but takes a certain degree of responsibility. Those are the rules, they are disappointed that they didn't find out early enough what they needed to do. Is such a person disenfranchised? You can make the case either way.

>

> I think the numbers of people where it is more clearcut - people who returned forms but the forms weren't processed in time, or Irish citizens incorrectly told they should have completed a form - will be a smaller number, probably in the 1,000s. Quite likely way more numerous than any fraud by impersonation.

I am based in Asia and was disenfranchised both yesterday and at the 2017 General, despite registering for an overseas ballot on the day each campaign was launched. I received my EU voting ballot on the 22nd. No surprise, it was only posted on the 10th and Royal Mail specify an average of 7 business days to reach this part of the world.

In 2017 neither I or my wife received ballots at all! This should be seen as a democratic outrage but I have no idea who I can complain to that will take any notice. I have written to the relevant local authority who don't seem to care. Will the Electoral Commission take any notice? I doubt it.

I have no idea what's gone wrong, both the 2015 general election and 2016 referendum were efficiently run. I hesitate to call conspiracy when c0ckup is the more likely explanation but Donald Farage's "drain the swamp" rhetoric gets more attractive by the day when you're on the receiving end of such shoddy service as a voter.

Proxy vote next time?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    The end of an error.
  • Options
    isam said:

Best she's ever looked!

The scene when Michael shoots Snoop in The Wire.
  • Options
    > @Roger said:
    > Let me be the first. She's gone!
    >

In a class resignation speech many should respect
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    > @MarqueeMark said:
    > Remains PM until the process to select her successor is concluded.

Mr Meeks is shouting abuse at the screen.
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    edited May 2019
    The cheek of it. Calling on her successor to find compromise. Maybe if she'd learned that lesson a bit sooner we'd have signed an EFTA deal by now and we wouldn't be in this pickle.

Or:

https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1131849388609933312
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    Something has changed
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    > @Pulpstar said:
    > I quite like Baker actually, a man of principles unlike the favourite.

he's growing on me. Always fronts up and speaks fairly well.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Resigning as leader on 7th June.

Why is she waiting until then?
  • Options
    May says she will resign as Tory leader on 7th June but will stay as PM until process concluded. Says a regret she could not deliver Brexit and for her successor to reach such a consensus in Parliament 'never forget compromise is not a dirty word' she quotes Sir Nicholas Winterton.

Says referendum was not just a vote for Brexit but profound change in Britain and goes through record on building more homes, bringing an end to austerity on the economy and environment, mental health funding etc
  • Options
    So much for all the voices here saying she was locked in the job until December. They didn't know the Tory Party - which again demonstrates its brutal reputation for moving out the duds. Perhaps though, they should stop putting duds in place to start with.....
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    > @Scott_P said:
    > https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1131849427600269312

Ian Dunt must be the world's angriest man. Chill out love!
  • Options
    > @tlg86 said:
    > > @MarqueeMark said:
    > > Remains PM until the process to select her successor is concluded.
    >
    > Mr Meeks is shouting abuse at the screen.

He got on the Liddington train at 999.0 and off at 4.0 so he is fine lol
  • Options
    May goes in > @Big_G_NorthWales said:
    > A class resignation by TM.

LOL!!!!
  • Options
    She will feel a right twerp if on Sunday night it turns out the polls were wrong and we've elected a shedload of Tory MEPs.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,001
    Charles said:

Presumably the issue is he was claiming expenses for mileage but not bothering to mention personal use?

In my time MoD vehicles had to have some mad form filled in for every journey because they didn't have insurance and the MoD underwrote the risk themselves. It might have been something to do with that.

I once absolutely roasted the clutch in the ship's Rover 820d doing burnouts. It was smoking and reeking of fish twat but me and my mate pushed it back into its parking space and said nothing.
  • Options
    > @Scott_P said:
    > https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1131849427600269312

My spine curled up when she said that.
  • Options
    > @MarqueeMark said:
    > So much for all the voices here saying she was locked in the job until December. They didn't know the Tory Party - which again demonstrates its brutal reputation for moving out the duds. Perhaps though, they should stop putting duds in place to start with.....

Not brutal enough - 12 months too late.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    > @El_Capitano said:
    > The cheek of it. Calling on her successor to find compromise. Maybe if she'd learned that lesson a bit sooner we'd have signed an EFTA deal by now and we wouldn't be in this pickle.

ERG would have voted against any link to Europe, Labour would have voted against anything.

There was no deal that would pass parliament.
  • Options
    > @MaxPB said:
    > Resigning as leader on 7th June.
    >
    > Why is she waiting until then?

Cuz no-one else wants to meet Trump?
  • Options
    Ends in tears....
  • Options
    > @isam said:
    > Best she's ever looked!

Sexist!
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Typical wooden until she went for the theatrics. Pretty pitiful list of accomplishments - she's sat there for 3 years and achieved nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    TM will carry on serving as the Queens PM until her successor is chosen.

What's that I hear? All those Lidders for PM betting slips being ripped up! :D
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    HYUFD said:

May says she will resign as Tory leader on 7th June but will stay as PM until process concluded. Says a regret she could not deliver Brexit and for her successor to reach such a consensus in Parliament 'never forget compromise is not a dirty word' she quotes Sir Nicholas Winterton.

Hahaha. I think you mean Nicholas Winton. Nicholas Winterton was an egregious expenses fiddler.
  • Options
    Tears at the end as she 'thanks for the opportunity to serve the country I love'
  • Options
    > @TGOHF said:
    > > @MarqueeMark said:
    > > So much for all the voices here saying she was locked in the job until December. They didn't know the Tory Party - which again demonstrates its brutal reputation for moving out the duds. Perhaps though, they should stop putting duds in place to start with.....
    >
    > Not brutal enough - 12 months too late.

Should have happened once she'd lost the election.
  • Options
    She cried.
  • Options
    John_McLeanJohn_McLean Posts: 71
    Anyone fact checking her speech, already heard at least 7 or 8 self backslaps which many would dispute.
  • Options
    blimey
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,790
    > @MarqueeMark said:
    > So much for all the voices here saying she was locked in the job until December. They didn't know the Tory Party - which again demonstrates its brutal reputation for moving out the duds. Perhaps though, they should stop putting duds in place to start with.....

Well it is possible they are about to put in a man that proved he was a complete dud as Foreign Secretary...
  • Options
    > @El_Capitano said:
    > The cheek of it. Calling on her successor to find compromise. Maybe if she'd learned that lesson a bit sooner we'd have signed an EFTA deal by now and we wouldn't be in this pickle.
    >
    > Or:
    >
    > https://twitter.com/stephenkb/status/1131849388609933312

How would EFTA respect the Leave vote when cutting immigration was so big a reason for it?
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    A political opponent but I still didn't like to see her upset at the end, was clearly very emotional.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    HYUFD said:

> @El_Capitano said:

>

> Or:

>

>

How would EFTA respect the Leave vote when cutting immigration was so big a reason for it?
    Because the vote was to leave the EU.
  • Options
    1.3 She ceases to be Con leader in June must be a bet, no?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    tlg86 said:

> @MarqueeMark said:

> Remains PM until the process to select her successor is concluded.

Mr Meeks is shouting abuse at the screen.

Wistful but philosophical. He's not my only winning bet by any means.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    @GIN1138 said:

"TM will carry on serving as the Queens monarch until her successor is chosen.

What's that I hear? All for Lidders for PM betting slips being ripped up! :D .."

.....................................................................................

"Queens monarch" !!!!!!!!!!! .... :smiley:
  • Options
    The Tories look like a load of back stabbing bastards. A good day for the oppositions....
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    Gosh. That was hard to watch at the end.

The headlines will be around the "need to compromise" bit. My jaw dropped at that.

Can't understand why wait until 7th June to quit. We need to get on with this and start the leadership contest today. Unbelievable she isn't resigning for another fortnight.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    It could take until August or September for a new leader to be chosen.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    > @HYUFD said:
    > May says she will resign as Tory leader on 7th June

Still think she played a blinder with her plans for MV4? :D
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    > @MarqueeMark said:

Eh? It's been death by a thousand cuts. Cruel and drawn-out.
  • Options
    > @Roger said:
    > The Tories look like a load of back stabbing bastards. A good day for the oppositions....

Whereas Labour look weak for indulging incompetents.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,116
    I felt sorry for her for a moment at the end, then got a grip on myself.
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,223
    > @TheJezziah said:
    > A political opponent but I still didn't like to see her upset at the end, was clearly very emotional.

Yes agreed. Very silent after.
  • Options
    juniusjunius Posts: 73
    Did anyone else find her speech a bit nauseating ?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,450
    Is the lot of Tory leaders, the fault line over the EU always gets you in the end.

Even I got emotional when she was moved to tears.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Beth Rigby also looks like she's going to cry. Jesus, toughen up, people. This is a good day for the country.
This discussion has been closed.