Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » So Team Corbyn decide to take a massive gamble and IGNORE LAB

124»

Comments

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    > @Nigelb said:
    > He is, but with a disciplined campaign team, which thus far he seems to have, any gaffes might not be particularly salient.
    > He’s very far from a certainty, but he has to be favourite at this point.
    >
    > Agree with others that Warren is (at the very least trading) value, and had a dabble yesterday.
    >
    > Biden would be the worst pick in US politics since Barry Goldwater. Apart from the career of gaffes, how on earth could the Dems pick a candidate who is older than Trump?
    >
    >
    >
    > Out of a belief that he is the candidate most likely to beat Trump.
    > And while that’s not a particularly good reason, and might be wrong, it could equally likely be true.
    >
    > What’s more certain is that whoever might beat him (and I exclude Sanders) would have to surprise on the upside.
    >
    > The Democrats haven’t chosen yet - and most who vote will at this stage have very little knowledge of the other candidates

Biden's Veep choice will be key.

Picking Michelle Obama would see him elected as President.....
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    > @Scott_P said:
    > https://twitter.com/rustinpeace00/status/1123481137010155526

Tom Watson has some difficult choices to make. Inaction is a choice. His post-TIG strategy looks to be in tatters. What does he do?
  • Options
    Stacey Abrams was last matched at 50 for the Democrat nomination. If she stands, she'll be one to watch - she is really liked by those who know her.

Elizabeth Warren still looks too long to me.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,002
    Mr. Meeks, it'd be significant, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Mr. Me, indeed. Labour types often have a strong emotional attachment to the party (more, I would argue, than is healthy). The desire to 'stay and fight' will be strong. (Plus, inertia is a powerful force).

But in reality, that means campaigning for Corbyn, who utterly ignores what Watson et al want, to be PM. The loyalty choice isn't for or against Labour. It's for the values that Watson believes in, or the party banner to which he's belonged for a long time. Those two things no longer coincide.
  • Options
    Mr Dancer, I place no credence in the rumour at all. But I thought it was a fun one.
  • Options
    No_Offence_AlanNo_Offence_Alan Posts: 3,845
    > @JosiasJessop said:
    > > @CarlottaVance said:
    > > How Labour handles complaints:
    > >
    > > https://twitter.com/BBCPhilipSim/status/1123168443975520258
    >
    > That is absolutely classic.

Who wrote the rules, Kafka?
  • Options
    Mr. Meeks, untrue rumours can be much better than the tedium of reality :p
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,047
    > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > Mr. Meeks, it'd be significant, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    >
    > Mr. Me, indeed. Labour types often have a strong emotional attachment to the party (more, I would argue, than is healthy). The desire to 'stay and fight' will be strong. (Plus, inertia is a powerful force).
    >
    > But in reality, that means campaigning for Corbyn, who utterly ignores what Watson et al want, to be PM. The loyalty choice isn't for or against Labour. It's for the values that Watson believes in, or the party banner to which he's belonged for a long time. Those two things no longer coincide.

Tories often have 'a strong emotional attachment' to the Party as well. Look at the current PM!
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Slimey Starmer joining the CUKs might be a boost for Labour.....
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941

Mr. Me, indeed. Labour types often have a strong emotional attachment to the party (more, I would argue, than is healthy). The desire to 'stay and fight' will be strong. (Plus, inertia is a powerful force).

But in reality, that means campaigning for Corbyn, who utterly ignores what Watson et al want, to be PM. The loyalty choice isn't for or against Labour. It's for the values that Watson believes in, or the party banner to which he's belonged for a long time. Those two things no longer coincide.

We could be about to see major splits in the two largest parties.

(But many of us have been saying that for at least a couple of years now, so it’s definitely a case of seeing is believing. The minor split that was TIG/CUK appears to be fizzling out - unless of course they become the vehicle for a much wider split).
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Nigelb said:

‘TBH it does read like incompetence and rigidity to me. Them's the rules etc. Bit like the DWP and the Home Office; we don't make mistakes. Even when we do, it's your fault.“

That doesn’t wash.
    If this came out of the blue, then that might be plausible, but in the context of the last year it is simply inexcusable.

Labour’s defence is plausible and not unreasonable.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,061
    > @Charles said:
    > ‘TBH it does read like incompetence and rigidity to me. Them's the rules etc. Bit like the DWP and the Home Office; we don't make mistakes. Even when we do, it's your fault.“
    >
    > That doesn’t wash.
    > If this came out of the blue, then that might be plausible, but in the context of the last year it is simply inexcusable.
    >
    > Labour’s defence is plausible and not unreasonable.

How?
  • Options
    King Cole, I'd argue they think May's going and most want to either become PM or have the ship steered in their preferred direction rapidly. They can't influence that if they leave (so, ambition rather than affection).
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,176
    Charles said:

Nigelb said:

‘TBH it does read like incompetence and rigidity to me. Them's the rules etc. Bit like the DWP and the Home Office; we don't make mistakes. Even when we do, it's your fault.“

That doesn’t wash.
    If this came out of the blue, then that might be plausible, but in the context of the last year it is simply inexcusable.

Labour’s defence is plausible and not unreasonable.
    (Just testing the Quote function)
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,894
    > @AlastairMeeks said:
    > Have a wild rumour for free:
    >
    > https://twitter.com/jameschappers/status/1123357647573520385

Definitely worth a 'like'
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

(But many of us have been saying that for at least a couple of years now, so it’s definitely a case of seeing is believing. The minor split that was TIG/CUK appears to be fizzling out - unless of course they become the vehicle for a much wider split).
    The climax has yet to happen (indeed, it has been deferred so often precisely because of the risk of a split). There are three separate faultlines, all of which look overdue a seismic event - one in the Labour party, and one on each wing of the Conservative party. It's hard to see a resolution, or even a non-resolution, of Brexit this year that now does not result in one or more of those producing something measurable on the Richter scale. I think we've only seen early shocks.
  • Options
    > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > King Cole, I'd argue they think May's going and most want to either become PM or have the ship steered in their preferred direction rapidly. They can't influence that if they leave (so, ambition rather than affection).

I wasn't thinking of those seeking to replace her; I was thinking of her. Herself.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    Unlike some here I fully expect Sanders to beat Trump if nominated. I also think his chances of nomination are decent, but very far from certain.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,981
    Haha. April fools already is it?
  • Options
    King Cole, people in charge often conflate their own desires with a wider (party or national) interest. It's possible May does have a real affection for the Conservative Party, but I'd still argue such sentiments are more prevalent for the reds than the blues.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,359
    > @AlastairMeeks said:
    >

Chappers would be more credible if he didn't editorialise on his view of the Tiggers while purporting to report a story. I think it's very unlikely, frankly.
  • Options
    > @kle4 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Haha. April fools already is it?

Can't see it; why would he move into politics, and a senior role, only to find himself shunted out in fairly short order.

I suspect Tiggers will be much worse at defending their seats than the SDP were.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

> @Scott_P said:

>

Tom Watson has some difficult choices to make. Inaction is a choice. His post-TIG strategy looks to be in tatters. What does he do?
    Nothing. They've in essence already admitted the party leader could do anything, and the party move in any direction, and they would stay and try to fight for how they think things should go. The commitment is impressive but does rather bind their hands.
  • Options
    > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > King Cole, people in charge often conflate their own desires with a wider (party or national) interest. It's possible May does have a real affection for the Conservative Party, but I'd still argue such sentiments are more prevalent for the reds than the blues.

Perhaps I'm thinking more of a time gone by. However, I offer you Cameron and Osborne. Can't see them ever being involved with another party. Suspect Conservatism is deep in their genes.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,127
    > @OldKingCole said:
    > > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > > King Cole, people in charge often conflate their own desires with a wider (party or national) interest. It's possible May does have a real affection for the Conservative Party, but I'd still argue such sentiments are more prevalent for the reds than the blues.
    >
    > Perhaps I'm thinking more of a time gone by. However, I offer you Cameron and Osborne. Can't see them ever being involved with another party. Suspect Conservatism is deep in their genes.

Osborne's son campaigned for the LDs at the 2017 general election
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

> @Charles said:

> ‘TBH it does read like incompetence and rigidity to me. Them's the rules etc. Bit like the DWP and the Home Office; we don't make mistakes. Even when we do, it's your fault.“

>

> That doesn’t wash.

> If this came out of the blue, then that might be plausible, but in the context of the last year it is simply inexcusable.

>

How?

*if* what they say is true.

They took written evidence from both parties and declined to take additional verbal evidence. They didn’t decide “no case to answer” on the basis of zero evidence

At the least the accusation is deliberately misleading by only providing part of the facts
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    > @Stereotomy said:
    > Unlike some here I fully expect Sanders to beat Trump if nominated. I also think his chances of nomination are decent, but very far from certain.

I think Sanders has the best chance of winning the nomination provided he wins Iowa and New Hampshire where is much closer to Biden in the polls than nationally but am less certain he will beat Trump.

Biden I think would probably beat Trump
  • Options
    > @AlastairMeeks said:
    >

Having had enough of being kept under the stairs, the boy wizzard makes a break for freedom from the Demented.

Teaming up with Chuka Weasely. And the insufferable Hermione Soubry.

Can they all escape from the Cloak of Invisibility?

In "Hogwash - the musical".
  • Options
    > @geoffw said:
    >
    > That doesn’t wash.
    >
    >
    > (Just testing the Quote function)
    Same test on the main site.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

The climax has yet to happen (indeed, it has been deferred so often precisely because of the risk of a split). There are three separate faultlines, all of which look overdue a seismic event - one in the Labour party, and one on each wing of the Conservative party. It's hard to see a resolution, or even a non-resolution, of Brexit this year that now does not result in one or more of those producing something measurable on the Richter scale. I think we've only seen early shocks.
    You could well be right there. Usually, the locals would be the focus point for an epic fallout, but with the two new parties sitting out, the losses for the established parties could be more contained than most commentators expect.

That the locals lead straight into the Euros is more of a problem, with both main parties taking a massive hit as their internal splits become obvious to the wider public - who don’t follow things as closely as we all do on here.

We could also have the announcement of a by-election tonight, which will add fuel to the fire. I’ve a feeling Farage has a high-profile local candidate ready to go, on a platform of honesty and trust in politics.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Mr Flashman,

I've always seen Starmer as the Kenneth Baker of the Labour Party. He might be a nice bloke in private but his political persona is oily
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    > @kle4 said:
    > > @Scott_P said:
    >
    > > https://twitter.com/rustinpeace00/status/1123481137010155526
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Tom Watson has some difficult choices to make. Inaction is a choice. His post-TIG strategy looks to be in tatters. What does he do?
    >
    > Nothing. They've in essence already admitted the party leader could do anything, and the party move in any direction, and they would stay and try to fight for how they think things should go. The commitment is impressive but does rather bind their hands.

In physics there are many phenomena where incremental changes over a long period of time appear to have no effect, but then a transition point is reached and change is sudden and drastic. Think of the cooling of water to the freezing point.

Everyone has their breaking point.
  • Options
    > @Roger said:
    > > @AlastairMeeks said:
    > > Have a wild rumour for free:
    > >
    > > https://twitter.com/jameschappers/status/1123357647573520385
    >
    > Definitely worth a 'like'

Can't see it, Starmer is the likeliest successor to Corbyn at the moment if Labour start to fall back in the polls due to Corbyn's Brexit policy and the membership decide to replace Corbyn with a diehard Remainer like Starmer (Corbyn has never won most of his MPs over anyway).

Starmer also would be unlikely to beat Umunna for the CUK leadership to succeed Heidi Allen
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,314
    Labour needs a leadership challenge this summer. There is at least a sliver of a chance that Jezza's refusal to give the 2nd vote will make some of momentum think again.
  • Options
    > @HYUFD said:
    > > @OldKingCole said:
    > > > @Morris_Dancer said:
    > > > King Cole, people in charge often conflate their own desires with a wider (party or national) interest. It's possible May does have a real affection for the Conservative Party, but I'd still argue such sentiments are more prevalent for the reds than the blues.
    > >
    > > Perhaps I'm thinking more of a time gone by. However, I offer you Cameron and Osborne. Can't see them ever being involved with another party. Suspect Conservatism is deep in their genes.
    >
    > Osborne's son campaigned for the LDs at the 2017 general election

It's not hard to imagine that Osborne's offspring would want to put some distance between themselves and Dad.....
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,252
    > @AlastairMeeks said:
    >

Wouldn't he be several weeks too late for the @TheIndGroup?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,987
    What happened to Chappers in Greece that time? Kidnapped?
  • Options

Labour needs a leadership challenge this summer. There is at least a sliver of a chance that Jezza's refusal to give the 2nd vote will make some of momentum think again.

They’ll need someone better than Owen Who? if they’re to challenge Corbyn though. If it’s not Starmer or Watson, there’s no point doing it.
  • Options
    Probably was the guy that talent spotted a young George Soros.

https://twitter.com/JRingpiece/status/1123370709789675521
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    > @Theuniondivvie said:
    > > @AlastairMeeks said:
    > > Have a wild rumour for free:
    > >
    > > https://twitter.com/jameschappers/status/1123357647573520385
    >
    > Wouldn't he be several weeks too late for the @TheIndGroup?

Perhaps he going to set up an Independent Independent Group?

i-TIG
  • Options
    isam said:

What happened to Chappers in Greece that time? Kidnapped?
    His wife eventually kidnapped the phone and computer from him?
  • Options
    > @Sandpit said:
    > Labour needs a leadership challenge this summer. There is at least a sliver of a chance that Jezza's refusal to give the 2nd vote will make some of momentum think again.
    >
    > They’ll need someone better than Owen Who? if they’re to challenge Corbyn though. If it’s not Starmer or Watson, there’s no point doing it.

Agreed. Although add Emily to the list.
  • Options

> @kle4 said:

> > @Scott_P said:

>

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> Tom Watson has some difficult choices to make. Inaction is a choice. His post-TIG strategy looks to be in tatters. What does he do?

>

> Nothing. They've in essence already admitted the party leader could do anything, and the party move in any direction, and they would stay and try to fight for how they think things should go. The commitment is impressive but does rather bind their hands.

In physics there are many phenomena where incremental changes over a long period of time appear to have no effect, but then a transition point is reached and change is sudden and drastic. Think of the cooling of water to the freezing point.

Everyone has their breaking point.
    Sure but why would his be now? The fudge yesterday? Please.
  • Options
    Maduro says the coup attempt in Venezuela has been defeated, though Mike Pompeo said he had a plane on the tarmac waiting to take him to Cuba

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-48117238
  • Options
    Good thread from John Rentoul on the likelihood of Theresa May caving into Labour's demands:

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1123493187165794304
  • Options
    > @AlastairMeeks said:
    > Good thread from John Rentoul on the likelihood of Theresa May caving into Labour's demands:
    >
    > https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1123493187165794304

Jezza won't do a deal.
  • Options
    > @kle4 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Haha. April fools already is it?

There are two jokes on there. The one about Starmer and the one about CUK being the future!
  • Options

> @AlastairMeeks said:

> Good thread from John Rentoul on the likelihood of Theresa May caving into Labour's demands:

>

>

Jezza won't do a deal.
    No, he won't.

As I pointed out to @isam yesterday, with the Conservatives desperate to do a deal to get shot of Brexit and Labour nervous about more Remainy parties, any cross-party deal would have to be super-soft. Even then I am very doubtful whether the leaderships could sell such deals to their respective parties. There are too many zealots on both sides to make this work.
  • Options
    The BBC has appointed a representative of white men to its diversity and inclusion panel for the first time.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/01/bbc-appoints-britains-openly-tory-comic-diversity-panel/

#puretokenism
  • Options

Good thread from John Rentoul on the likelihood of Theresa May caving into Labour's demands:

ttps://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1123493187165794304

The naked politics of this is just far too obvious. Labour aren’t going to actually agree to anything, certainly not to the point of actually voting for a compromise. They’ll keep going on about the possibility of one, even if they seem to agree at some point, before doing an Ed-Miliband-on-Syria on the day of the vote.

They’re talking up the most bonkers of all Brexit proposals, a customs union, to try and split the Tories straight down the middle - knowing that half the cabinet would resign to vote against any CU proposal.
  • Options
    Mr. Meeks, it'd rather sum up modern politics if Conservative and Labour leaderships reached a deal and both sets of backbenchers rejected it.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

The naked politics of this is just far too obvious. Labour aren’t going to actually agree to anything, certainly not to the point of actually voting for a compromise. They’ll keep going on about the possibility of one, even if they seem to agree at some point, before doing an Ed-Miliband-on-Syria on the day of the vote.

They’re talking up the most bonkers of all Brexit proposals, a customs union, to try and split the Tories straight down the middle - knowing that half the cabinet would resign to vote against any CU proposal.
    Yes but what game is the Tory top brass playing by allowing themselves to be strung along so obviously?
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Stacey Abrams was last matched at 50 for the Democrat nomination. If she stands, she'll be one to watch - she is really liked by those who know her.

I'm struggling with Warren, my personal like for her is making me reticent to back her as I fear my judgement is being clouded.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

I'm struggling with Warren, my personal like for her is making me reticent to back her as I fear my judgement is being clouded.
    I've realised that one thing that helps me with betting on US politics is that I have absolutely no emotional investment in it. My reason for concluding that Elizabeth Warren is too long is that she is rising in the polls and is getting the right kind of positive coverage from commentators. She looks set to be the flavour of this month.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,028

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1123493187165794304

It's interesting that the threat used to be May's shit deal or a 2nd ref and now it's May's shit deal + CU or a 2nd ref. What next?
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,965
    Farage putting an apologist for the Warrington IRA attacks at the top of the list for the Brexit party in NW England looks to be a major own goal. If Labour had a candidate with similar views to those expressed by Claire Fox it would be all over every front pages - and quite rightly so.

Farage tells us time and time again how much he cares about the victims of the paedophile gangs in Rotherham and elsewhere. Let's see what he does about the top of the list candidate for his party who backed the child killers of Warrington.
  • Options
    > @Dura_Ace said:
    >
    > https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1123493187165794304
    >
    >
    >
    > It's interesting that the threat used to be May's shit deal or a 2nd ref and now it's May's shit deal + CU or a 2nd ref. What next?

Boris.....
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    > @geoffw said:
    >
    > ttps://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1123493187165794304
    >
    > The naked politics of this is just far too obvious. Labour aren’t going to actually agree to anything, certainly not to the point of actually voting for a compromise. They’ll keep going on about the possibility of one, even if they seem to agree at some point, before doing an Ed-Miliband-on-Syria on the day of the vote.
    >
    > They’re talking up the most bonkers of all Brexit proposals, a customs union, to try and split the Tories straight down the middle - knowing that half the cabinet would resign to vote against any CU proposal.
    >
    > Yes but what game is the Tory top brass playing by allowing themselves to be strung along so obviously?

Theresa May is running down the clock. For Labour to make a deal, May's successor would need to commit to keeping the Tories' end. Any idea who that will be and how they can be so bound?
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,222

Farage putting an apologist for the Warrington IRA attacks at the top of the list for the Brexit party in NW England looks to be a major own goal. If Labour had a candidate with similar views to those expressed by Claire Fox it would be all over every front pages - and quite rightly so.

Farage tells us time and time again how much he cares about the victims of the paedophile gangs in Rotherham and elsewhere. Let's see what he does about the top of the list candidate for his party who backed the child killers of Warrington.

I recall you saying before the last election that Corbyn’s support for the IRA would damage Labour in Birmingham. It didn’t. Why then should Claire Fox’s offensive words harm Farage any more than Corbyn’s previous offensive words and actions harmed him? Farage seems to have the same ability to develop a cult following as Corbyn does.

I don’t like this any more than you do but this is the state of politics these days.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    edited May 2019
    > @SouthamObserver said:
    > Farage putting an apologist for the Warrington IRA attacks at the top of the list for the Brexit party in NW England looks to be a major own goal. <b>If Labour had a candidate with similar views to those expressed by Claire Fox it would be all over every front pages - and quite rightly so. </b>
    >
    > Farage tells us time and time again how much he cares about the victims of the paedophile gangs in Rotherham and elsewhere. Let's see what he does about the top of the list candidate for his party who backed the child killers of Warrington.

It is all over the papers, what's your problem?

And Labour didn't do too badly in Warrington in 2017 despite the leadership's past with the IRA.
  • Options

> @geoffw said:

>

> ttps://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1123493187165794304

>

> The naked politics of this is just far too obvious. Labour aren’t going to actually agree to anything, certainly not to the point of actually voting for a compromise. They’ll keep going on about the possibility of one, even if they seem to agree at some point, before doing an Ed-Miliband-on-Syria on the day of the vote.

>

> They’re talking up the most bonkers of all Brexit proposals, a customs union, to try and split the Tories straight down the middle - knowing that half the cabinet would resign to vote against any CU proposal.

>

> Yes but what game is the Tory top brass playing by allowing themselves to be strung along so obviously?

Theresa May is running down the clock. For Labour to make a deal, May's successor would need to commit to keeping the Tories' end. Any idea who that will be and how they can be so bound?

Hey @DecrepitJohnL - try using the Vanilla site:
    https://politicalbetting.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/7555/politicalbetting-com-blog-archive-so-team-corbyn-decide-to-take-a-massive-gamble-and-ignore-lab/p4
  • Options
    > @HYUFD said:
    > Maduro says the coup attempt in Venezuela has been defeated, though Mike Pompeo said he had a plane on the tarmac waiting to take him to Cuba
    >
    > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-48117238

A bogof 'they would say that wouldn't they'.
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Sandpit said:

Yes but what game is the Tory top brass playing by allowing themselves to be strung along so obviously?
    That is the more pertinent question. Hopefully there’s a couple of adults around the table, to point this out to those too blind to see it.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,370
    > @marke09 said:
    > if you have 15 hours to spare and nothing better to do n Bank Holiday Monday then BBC Parliament will be re showing Election night and following morning from May 1979 - at least there will be some good news for the Tories

Well I might have done but that is a hell of a spoiler!
  • Options
    Scotland, leading the way on how to protect the beaver:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-48106147
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,987
    edited May 2019

What price are you she wins a seat?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062

> @HYUFD said:

> Maduro says the coup attempt in Venezuela has been defeated, though Mike Pompeo said he had a plane on the tarmac waiting to take him to Cuba

>

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-48117238

A bogof 'they would say that wouldn't they'.

US coup plot fails yet again, double up the sanctions boys we will starve them out
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    DavidL said:

> @marke09 said:

> if you have 15 hours to spare and nothing better to do n Bank Holiday Monday then BBC Parliament will be re showing Election night and following morning from May 1979 - at least there will be some good news for the Tories

It was clearly a very good night for me (born Feb 1980).
  • Options
    DavidL said:

marke09 said:

if you have 15 hours to spare and nothing better to do n Bank Holiday Monday then BBC Parliament will be re showing Election night and following morning from May 1979 - at least there will be some good news for the Tories

Just sorting out the Quoting!
This discussion has been closed.