Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CON now level pegging with LAB amongst those certain to vot

124»

Comments

• Options

tim said:

taffys said:

Left and right accusing each other of being f8cked on energy prices when the truth is all the main parties are, because they all went for the same lunacy on green dogma without giving thought to what was practical.

What price 'f8ck the planet we're re-opening coal-fired stations' now?

spot on.

Green taxes are great, so long as they are paid to the Chinese Govt investment arm, whats your problem?
    Osborne is claiming a huge success.

And anyway the energy minister just blew the Tory argument apart by claiming the energy companies are robbing their customers.
    I agree with you on labours position,smart move by labour ,it's put labour on the front foot on the cost of living and agree with you on the tory position,all over the place on energy companies but the tories can regain it if they think smart on the green taxes.

The Tories only care about their Big Business energy company friends.
    Angela Knight was in Major's government BTW.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

Latest McARSE 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum Projection Countdown :

13 hours 3 minutes 13 seconds

I'm so excited I'll have to launder my boxers.
    It's cum to that has it Stuart !!

• Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    RobD said:

JackW said:

Latest McARSE 2014 Scottish Independence Referendum Projection Countdown :

13 hours 3 minutes 13 seconds

Is that short for "My (clearly) Accurate Reconnoitre of the Scottish Electorate "
    "Like"

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    tim said:

taffys said:

Left and right accusing each other of being f8cked on energy prices when the truth is all the main parties are, because they all went for the same lunacy on green dogma without giving thought to what was practical.

spot on.

Green taxes are great, so long as they are paid to the Chinese Govt investment arm, whats your problem?

And anyway the energy minister just blew the Tory argument apart by claiming the energy companies are robbing their customers.
    And if the tory answer is to only switch energy companies up to the GE,then I'm afraid it's going to be a long road ahead for the conservatives message on the cost of living.

• Options

tim said:

taffys said:

spot on.

And if the tory answer is to only switch energy companies up to the GE,then I'm afraid it's going to be a long road ahead for the conservatives message on the cost of living.

Suppose the supplier you switch to also raise their prices? What do you do then?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,147

Suppose the supplier you switch to also raise their prices? What do you do then?

Switch again.
  • Options

tim said:

taffys said:

spot on.

I agree with you on labours position,smart move by labour ,it's put labour on the front foot on the cost of living and agree with you on the tory position,all over the place on energy companies but the tories can regain it if they think smart on the green taxes.

I don't like this new radical sunil ;-) where's our old sunil ;-)

• Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    ''And anyway the energy minister just blew the Tory argument apart by claiming the energy companies are robbing their customers.''

I Know. What a f8ckwit. I've seen studies that show energy company margins aren't typically wider than many other industries.

Its collective political classes panic. Prices are going up because our political elite got together and decided to save the planet, whatever the cost. They are all equally culpable and I include cameron's tories.

Now they are all squealing because between them they have no answer whatsoever to the gargantuan mess that's been caused.

• Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    tim said:

SMukesh said:

TOPPING said:

@Smukesh

exactly. People think EdM is stronger, clearer and more able to execute his policies.

Which is exactly what everyone fears - ie he is more able to take us leftwards and c*ck up the economy.

Good for the Cons.

I think Ed has missed a trick by boldly moving leftwards.It allows the Cons to attract the UKIP vote without doing much.But we know Ed`s heart is towards the left and Labourites have to endure a hairy ride.
    Paradoxically Ed is ahead of Dave among UKIP voters in this polls leader ratings.
    Both very low but Cameron doesn't have an advantage among Kippers.

If Kippers fear a radical left-wing government,they probably will reluctantly vote Con.Cue the Daily Mail and Cameron starting to refer to Ed as Marxist rather than weak.Ed should pretend to be centrist till he gets to Downing street.
  • Options
    tim said:

RobD said:

Switch again.

And when you've switched six times and the last one puts their prices up, what does Dave urge you to do then?
    Pathetic from the Tories.
  • Options
    tim said:

RobD said:

Switch again.

And when you've switched six times and the last one puts their prices up, what does Dave urge you to do then?
    You're asking such facetious questions, obviously you put a windmill on your roof!

There is obviously a gap for a low-cost energy company in the market, I wonder why it hasn't been filled yet?
  • Options
    tim said:

Tim Montgomerie ‏@TimMontgomerie
    Who else doesn't like the idea of China running our nuclear power industry? I wonder if this could become a political hot potato...

It's the free market, where Osborne guarantees huge returns from the British consumer to the Chinese Communist Party through market fixed high energy prices for thirty five years.
    What's wrong with that?

Could this become a political hot potato - not if the Chinese pay for a cut in our energy bills ;-)
  • Options
    RobD said:

tim said:

RobD said:

Switch again.

You're asking such facetious questions, obviously you put a windmill on your roof!

There is obviously a gap for a low-cost energy company in the market, I wonder why it hasn't been filled yet?
    Ryan-Wind? Breezy-Jet?
  • Options
    tim said:

RobD said:

Switch again.

Dave must be hoping that 4 of the 6 won`t be putting up their prices.But from past record,over the next couple of months we`ll be hearing more 9.6% rises.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Dave must be hoping that 4 of the 6 won`t be putting up their prices.But from past record,over the next couple of months we`ll be hearing more 9.6% rises.

Either there is price fixing going on, and the companies should be referred to the competition commission, or it is genuinely more expensive to generate/buy electricity.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,386
    edited October 2013
    taffys said:

I'm currently translating a Danish government paper discussing their plan (endorsed by right and left) to obtain 50% of energy from wind power, and 90% from renewable sources more generally. New oil and natural gas-driven boilers are being made illegal in large parts of the country. Makes British policy look positively Kipperish.
    DavidL said:

...The other worry for Labour is that 35% shows a slight softening in what so far has been an incredibly resiliant high 30s, low 40s score. It is only 1 poll of course and only 1 pollster but if Labour start to head down to the mid 30s those bets on a tory lead look a lot more attractive.

It's worth noting that this is entirely driven by methodology - if exactly the same data were reported by YouGov, we'd be chewing over Labour's 5-point lead (because the institutes are at opposite extremes - YG don't weight by certainty, MORI's headline poll only takes people who are 100% certain). I don't think much is happening myself - there's a low Labour lead and it's been like that for yonks.

• Options

tim said:

Tim Montgomerie ‏@TimMontgomerie
    Who else doesn't like the idea of China running our nuclear power industry? I wonder if this could become a political hot potato...

It's the free market, where Osborne guarantees huge returns from the British consumer to the Chinese Communist Party through market fixed high energy prices for thirty five years.
    What's wrong with that?

Could this become a political hot potato - not if the Chinese pay for a cut in our energy bills ;-)
    Isn`t one of the problems that the price guarantee for nuclear power agreed for the next 3 decades is considered to be too high?And the nuclear companies get the money even if noone buys their power!
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

You should be rather worried if you're hoping for a stronger economy.

Because even more buying of imported tat which we don't need with borrowed money which we don't have is the opposite of what the economy needs.

A government subsidised consumption bubble which benefits estate agents and DFS is straight from the Gordon Brown manual.

But then again Cameron and Osborne saw nothing wrong with Brownomics so its not surprising that they're continuing to implement it.

Cold noreasterly off the North Sea again, ar?

You need to square your analysis with the fact that the household savings ratio has risen and been higher than trend under the coalition government, households and individuals have reduced their net borrowings and household consumption has been flat over the past three years.

In addition, Government consumption as a share of UK Gross Final Expenditure has fallen from 17.1% (Q2 2010) to 15.6% (Q2 2013) and exports have risen from 23% to 24% over the same period.

Almost all the trends are in the right direction although you will no doubt be dissatisfied with the distance travelled.

Nonetheless my half-time pep talk to the PB Tory team is to be patient: "slowly, slowly catchee monkey".

Are they your selective stats for the day Avery ?

The actual trends are:

Debt rising
    Retail sales rising
    Industrial production falling
    Permanent trade defict
    Productivity stagnant

But wittering on about trends is fcking pointless when things are as fundamentally flawed as the UK economy is.

We are addicted to consuming £100bn more wealth than we produce each and every year.

How long do you think we can continue to do that ?

Well we're going to find out because neither Cameron and Osborne or Miliband and Balls have any intention of ever departing from Brownomics.

So it will be ever more desperate attempts to get house prices rising and ever more desperate attempts to massage the government finances - getting the Chinese to build power stations in a PFI deal being the latest.

• Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

tim said:

taffys said:

spot on.

Sunil has been SMIPed.

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    You might want to go to one of the smaller suppliers, like the awardwinning Good Energy:

http://www.goodenergy.co.uk/

Partly powered by Scottish wind; so likely to be in full production when Jacks McARSE speaks.
    SMukesh said:

tim said:

RobD said:

Switch again.

• Options
    RobD said:

SMukesh said:

Either there is price fixing going on, and the companies should be referred to the competition commission, or it is genuinely more expensive to generate/buy electricity.
    Last I looked Dave was the PM.And he`s asking people to switch,so clearly he doesn`t think it is that expensive to warrant raising the prices by 10% every few months.
  • Options
    Where the tories have a problem today with message on energy companies,labour message all over the place on free schools.

Gavin Barwell MP ✔ @GavinBarwellMP

Having implied he supports free schools, @TristramHuntMP today uses problems at one school to attack whole programme #UQowngoal

• Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    tim said:

RobD said:

Switch again.

Uncle Dave says everyone will be put on the cheapest tariff, so one does not have to switch.

Sorted.
  • Options

Of course its more expensive to generate electricity because our political classes decided to close down the cheapest and easiest way to supply electricity....Coal fired stations.

Elsewhere in Europe this lunacy is of even more epic proportions - as Nick Palmer says just look at denmark. That policy is economic suicide.

It's a collective f8cking madness.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Last I looked Dave was the PM.And he`s asking people to switch,so clearly he doesn`t think it is that expensive to warrant raising the prices by 10% every few months.

Are prices really going up 10% every few months? And I think that is a pretty big stretch to contort his words into that. He was pointing out that there are alternatives which are cheaper. They may not remain cheaper, but if you changed today you can usually lock in a good rate for a year.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

taffys said:

spot on.

Sunil has been SMIPed.

SMIP Small Modular Immunopharmaceutical (Trubion)
    SMIP Strong Motion Instrumentation Program
    SMIP Senior Management Institute for Police
    SMIP Sorghum and Millet Improvement Program (Zimbabwe)
    SMIP Special Measures Initiatives Program (Canada)
    SMIP Short Message in Picture
    SMIP Switch Modularity and Interface Platform
    SMIP Spares Management Improvement Program
    SMIP Ship Maintenance Improvement Program
    SMIP Sports Medicine and Injury Prevention
    SMIP Synchronized Mulitmedia Integration Process
    SMIP Synchronized Multimedia Integration Protocol
    SMIP Saint Mary Immaculate Parish (Plainfield, IL)
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

tim said:

RobD said:

Switch again.

Uncle Dave says everyone will be put on the cheapest tariff, so one does not have to switch.

Sorted.
    Why not just have one tariff if everyone is going to be on the cheapest tariff?

Unless there are people dying to be on the most expensive tariff?
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    SMIP
    средствах массовой информации и пропаганды
    [Means of mass information and propaganda]

Let us discuss briefly the study of the functional purposes of influence exerted by SMIP based on the positions of Marxist social psychology. Such an analysis proves that the purpose of such an influence is to trigger the recipient (the accepting personality) to engage in certain activities oriented toward the values shared by the socialist society, and toward a certain behavior conducted within the limits of the norms elaborated by society and for the sake of achieving class objectives.

Note: The subject Sunil responded to the stimulus as predicted.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    SMukesh said:

RobD said:

SMukesh said:

If everyone is on the cheapest tariff, you do not need to switch.

You can also watch repeats on Dave freeview channel 12.

What more advice do you want.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

taffys said:

spot on.

Sunil has been SMIPed.

He's being assimilated,borg style ;-)
  • Options
    Let`s be honest.

Sunil is looking likely to be a Lab convert come 2015.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Why not just have one tariff if everyone is going to be on the cheapest tariff?

Unless there are people dying to be on the most expensive tariff?

Because you started with a certain tariff which offers cheaper electricity during a certain time of day. Your life changes, and spend more time at home during working hours, and your energy is now more expensive than the cheapest tariff. I think the whole idea would be to check each quarter that you are on the cheapest one available, and if you aren't, to switch you to it.
  • Options

AveryLP said:

tim said:

taffys said:

spot on.

Sunil has been SMIPed.

He's being assimilated,borg style ;-)
    I am Dyslexia of Borg - prepare to have your Ass Laminated :)
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Let`s be honest.

I remember a time when his avatar was purple.
  • Options
    Dave can switch all he likes and ed can freeze all he likes.

The simple fact is that energy prices are rising because cheap energy supply has been destroyed by green dogma and green taxes.

And all our politicians have been right behind it. It is they who are culpable.

The media has a part to play too. The same idiots who are asking about chinese nuclear supply today were asking 10-years ago why we were still using coal fired stations.

FFS.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    THE Jeremy Kyle show has been censured by the television watchdog Ofcom for broadcasting a Scotsman during a daytime programme.
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/jeremy-kyle-rapped-for-showing-a-scotsman-200807071077
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

SMIP

Let us discuss briefly the study of the functional purposes of influence exerted by SMIP based on the positions of Marxist social psychology. Such an analysis proves that the purpose of such an influence is to trigger the recipient (the accepting personality) to engage in certain activities oriented toward the values shared by the socialist society, and toward a certain behavior conducted within the limits of the norms elaborated by society and for the sake of achieving class objectives.

Note: The subject Comrade Avery continues to have his delusional world manipulated successfully.
  • Options
    taffys said:

The media has a part to play too. The same idiots who are asking about chinese nuclear supply today were asking 10-years ago why we were still using coal fired stations.

It's pronouned Nucular. Nu-cu-lar :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoASZyihalc
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    The political re-edcation is progressing well, comrade Avery.

His exile in the far east (end) may becoming to a close when he learns to love Ed Balls as much as he does Edwardian sidings...
    AveryLP said:

SMIP

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,856
    edited October 2013

His exile in the far east (end) may becoming to a close when he learns to love Ed Balls as much as he does Edwardian sidings...

"A great day, comrades! We sail into history!"
  • Options
    RobD said:

SMukesh said:

Let`s be honest.

I remember a time when his avatar was purple.
    Only for about 6 weeks! (May to June).
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826

In the Hunt for Red October, from which you quote, the Captain was secretly defecting to the West...
  • Options
    NextNext Posts: 826
    N
    e
    w

T
    h
    r
    e
    a
    d
  • Options
    Next said:

In the Hunt for Red October, from which you quote, the Captain was secretly defecting to the West...
    No comment :)
This discussion has been closed.