Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB MP in ultra-marginal seat charged with perverting the cour

Comments

• Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,321
    Incidentally it looks as though her brother has been charged as well.
  • Options

Plus the speed cameras on the Stocksbridge bypass really didn't like me.

Wow. Just for the sheer inventiveness of that excuse I'll let you off.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,532
    AndyJS said:

Has anyone ever received a sentence of 12 months or more for trying to get someone else to take their speeding points?

I believe so, but it was wrapped up with other offences.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Has anyone ever received a sentence of 12 months or more for trying to get someone else to take their speeding points?

I think for Huhne eight months was the Price.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,194
    AndyJS said:
    Interesting. I'd assumed that it might have hurt remain on the basis that the trains out of the London that evening were not good.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

I've read a lot of criticism on here of certain Tory MPs. Stewart Jackson is one, Andrew Bridgen is another. I know little about either, other than what I read in All Out War about the latter. But it is interesting to see how the Tories have fared in Peterborough and North West Leicestershire.

Jackson lost Peterborough last year having had a 4,800 majority in 2010. Andrew Bridgen recorded a 13,000 majority last year having gained the seat with a 7,500 majority in 2010. Both seats voted leave by over 20 pp in the referendum.

Stewart used to post on PB and he was a bit abrasive.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Some cracking LOLZ in here

https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/fiona-onasanya-dreaming-to-become-britains-first-black-female-prime-minister/

"What do you think are the major differences between the way politicking is being done in the UK and Nigeria (Africa) and how can this huge gap be bridged to evolve best practices?

Corruption needs to be identified. Election fraud is taken extremely seriously here"

"I read in one of your interviews where you said you will one day aspire to become Britain’s first black Prime Minister. Do you really want to go that far, or is it just a lofty aspiration?

I absolutely wish to aim high – The sky is not the limit as there are footsteps on the moon!"
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    ydoethur said:

Still doesn't explain why we are only hearing about it now...
  • Options
    Talking of things we are only hearing about now - I am hearing rumours that there are issues in the NHS and this pay rise has been delayed. Killer punch - staff have only found out on getting their pay packets.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,220

ydoethur said:

For our lawyers, on a more serious note, what sort of penalty might be imposed IF she is found guilty? Is it one with a wide range of sentences or does the judge have a tight set of guidelines?

IANAL, but CPS guidelines are 4-36 months. It has a huge range (up to life), given that the nature of the particular course of justice one is perverting is so crucial.
    When you are a law-maker (as MP), even the hint of you perverting the course of justice seems worse.
    Judges take a very dim view of lawyers committing this sort of offence. Plus there really ought to be a special penalty for people stupid enough to do this.

Oh and that photo does her no favours at all. She looks like a kid in a school photo trying too hard to smile.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352
    Not much we can legally or decently say without knowing the facts, as with the other pending case. Wait and see.

In other news:
    https://twitter.com/CrapLocalNews/status/1021802431972339715
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,194
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Probably for the same reasons you didn't hear about the Craig Mackinlay stuff until today.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited July 2018
    tlg86 said:

AndyJS said:
    Interesting. I'd assumed that it might have hurt remain on the basis that the trains out of the London that evening were not good.
    We had our own example of that with SouthamObserver IIRC who only just managed to get back to Leamington from London to vote with a few minutes to spare.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Reporting restrictions maybe.
  • Options
    Yeah, well: that’s where anti-semitic words lead to, you old fool.

(Corbyn, I mean. Not you, obviously. You’re not old. :) )
  • Options

Not much we can legally or decently say without knowing the facts, as with the other pending case. Wait and see.

In other news:

Somebody will have egg on their face.

The world is this woman's oyster after the publicity.

But maybe they would have done better to keep their powder dry.
  • Options

In other news:

In my very best Marie Antoinette tone: she could try making it fresh, with eggs and vanilla and milk and flour.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Probably for the same reasons you didn't hear about the Craig Mackinlay stuff until today.
    We have known about various elements of the Mackinlay case from the outset. This has come out of nothing.

No reports of questioning, arrest or charging. There is no reason to keep it secret under reporting restrictions as it seems to be a case involving 2 individuals.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    tlg86 said:

AndyJS said:
    They do specifically mention the train disruption in the introduction, but as far as I can tell they don't address it further in the rest of the text.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:
    Yah.

It wasn't in the 1997 manifesto specifically.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

We have known about various elements of the Mackinlay case from the outset. This has come out of nothing.

No reports of questioning, arrest or charging. There is no reason to keep it secret under reporting restrictions as it seems to be a case involving 2 individuals.
    Three, actually, although that doesn't alter your point.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited July 2018
    Cyclefree said:

In other news:

In my very best Marie Antoinette tone: she could try making it fresh, with eggs and vanilla and milk and flour.
    ...or if she must be a slattern, why not simply buy the lovely Madagascan Vanilla ready made from Waitrose? /bourgouisie
  • Options
    BBC update:

"An MP has been charged with perverting the course of justice over allegedly lying about who was behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-44957896
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Scott_P said:
    Good grief, the ultimate geekish thread. Is this going to persuade a lot of ugly people to go there (we know politics is showbiz for ugly People)?
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    Cyclefree said:

In other news:

If only there were some sort of expert she could turn to for advice, say someone with 150 recipe books.
    https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/features/theresa-may-150-cookbooks
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    edit
  • Options
    I think it is fair to say he made an ass of himself.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,130

AndyJS said:

If proven guilty though, being a solicitor will seriously count against her in sentencing.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    One driving there and the other driving home again?
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    Plus ca change. Bad driving seems to be an all-party activity. But this seems like the worst example in the last 50 years featuring an MP

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/features/true_crime/3703027.Nabarro_nabbed_for_danger_driving/
  • Options

AndyJS said:

If proven guilty though, being a solicitor will seriously count against her in sentencing.
    Again, request for information - would a conviction in this case see her struck off?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

AndyJS said:

Again, request for information - would a conviction in this case see her struck off?
    https://www.sra.org.uk/sra/decision-making/guidance/general-dishonesty.page

I would say it is highly likely that she would face action from her professional body
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

AndyJS said:

It should do.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

Yup and assuming she's found guilty on both counts she can't say it was a one time aberration.

Consecutive sentencing rather than concurrent sentencing might be an avenue that could be explored.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279

ydoethur said:

Is there new developments with the Craig Mackinlay case today too?
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201
    The Telegraph are saying that the first offence was the MP accused of speeding. The second offence was her brother accused and she gave a statement it was a third party.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,924
    So it turns out to be nothing more juicy than a repeat of the Huhne case. But a solicitor, really?

Even worse is that as an MP she has a staff allowance and generous expenses, and she lives in a city on a main train line to London. A six month ban wouldn’t have been the end of both her careers, as a perjury conviction clearly will be if she’s convicted.
  • Options
    fitalass said:

ydoethur said:

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/1022103321476325376
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279

fitalass said:

ydoethur said:

Thanks.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

So it turns out to be nothing more juicy than a repeat of the Huhne case. But a solicitor, really?

Even worse is that as an MP she has a staff allowance and generous expenses, and she lives in a city on a main train line to London. A six month ban wouldn’t have been the end of both her careers, as a perjury conviction clearly will be if she’s convicted.

To be perfectly fair, if I were confronted with the prospect of commuting on Gonowhere Thameswank every day I'd not exactly be overjoyed.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    I hope people havent been missing out on the machinations of Trump's supreme court pick.

He mysteriously had $200,000 worth of debt wiped out last year and now 4 days after all other parts of his senate questionnaire have been made public the financial ndisclosures section is still private.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,007

Sandpit said:

To be perfectly fair, if I were confronted with the prospect of commuting on Gonowhere Thameswank every day I'd not exactly be overjoyed.
    East Coast mainline on expenses so it's not the insane price the general public is forced to pay.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    tlg86 said:

I've read a lot of criticism on here of certain Tory MPs. Stewart Jackson is one, Andrew Bridgen is another. I know little about either, other than what I read in All Out War about the latter. But it is interesting to see how the Tories have fared in Peterborough and North West Leicestershire.

Jackson lost Peterborough last year having had a 4,800 majority in 2010. Andrew Bridgen recorded a 13,000 majority last year having gained the seat with a 7,500 majority in 2010. Both seats voted leave by over 20 pp in the referendum.

Stewart Jackson is quite spectacularly dim.

Not sure that's the sole reason he threw away such a formerly comfy majority, but his tendency to say Very Dim Things Very Often really didn't help.
  • Options

The Telegraph are saying that the first offence was the MP accused of speeding. The second offence was her brother accused and she gave a statement it was a third party.

Huhne was only found guilty of one offence IIRC.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,031
    So, libdem to slip through the middle
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,343
    Sky reporting

Father in Court over suspected acid attack on his 3 year old son

Words fail me
  • Options
    eek said:

Sandpit said:

East Coast mainline on expenses so it's not the insane price the general public is forced to pay.
    Ah, good point.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

So, libdem to slip through the middle

The UKIP renaissance starts here!

Somebody page Faragé
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,903
    I'm a little bit saddened by this. People seem to have no memory and assume that the mores of 10, 20, 30... years ago were exactly the same as they are now. They simply weren't. We are here now because a lot of people worked hard and we forget their efforts at our peril: no advancement is entrenched and permanent, and it is all too easy to fall back.

• Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    AndyJS said:

BBC update:

"An MP has been charged with perverting the course of justice over allegedly lying about who was behind the wheel of a speeding vehicle."

I have just won my largest ever political bet by correctly predicting the party of the MP from the fact that the BBC headline did not say "A [party name] MP has been charged...". Sadly this bet was with myself.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

I'm a little bit saddened by this. People seem to have no memory and assume that the mores of 10, 20, 30... years ago were exactly the same as they are now. They simply weren't. We are here now because a lot of people worked hard and we forget their efforts at our peril: no advancement is entrenched and permanent, and it is all too easy to fall back.

See, that was from 2000, i.e. this millennium. But here we see a Tory in their native Victorian morality setting.
  • Options

Sky reporting

Words fail me

Separated from the mother. Apparently an Afghan asylum seeker and he was intending to harm his wife not his son. Not that that changes anything.

One hopes that, if convicted, that’s the end of his asylum claim and he’s on the first plane back to Kabul.
  • Options
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469
    Oops 70 out 79 MP's under investigation for bullying, sexual harassment and corruption are Conservative, and you will not find out :

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mps-vote-keep-identities-secret-14931428
  • Options

viewcode said:

See, that was from 2000, i.e. this millennium. But here we see a Tory in their native Victorian morality setting.
    I know that, but I was genuinely not making a party political point. It was more about human behavior per se.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    OH MY FUCKING CHRIST.
  • Options
    OchEye said:

Oops 70 out 79 MP's under investigation for bullying, sexual harassment and corruption are Conservative, and you will not find out :

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/mps-vote-keep-identities-secret-14931428

Would you like to review what you posted?

The figures related to the numbers voting - not those under investigation.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    OchEye said:

Umm, no, 99 MPs votes on a measure to keep the names of MPs under investigation secret. 79 voted for the measure, of which 70 were Tory. That is not the same thing at all.

Be VERY careful how you phrase such things, as you skated very near the wind of the Libel Act there.
  • Options

Sky reporting

Words fail me

a) make possession and sale of acid illegal unless licensed
    b) big sentences (over ten years)

This fashion for vitriolage is abhorrent
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Sky reporting

Words fail me

Separated from the mother. Apparently an Afghan asylum seeker and he was intending to harm his wife not his son. Not that that changes anything.

One hopes that, if convicted, that’s the end of his asylum claim and he’s on the first plane back to Kabul.
    Don't hold your breath. I dare say a human rights excuse will be concocted to ensure that this doesn't happen.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

Umm, no, 99 MPs votes on a measure to keep the names of MPs under investigation secret. 79 voted for the measure, of which 70 were Tory. That is not the same thing at all.

Be VERY careful how you phrase such things, as you skated very near the wind of the Libel Act there.
    Is it safer to say Tory MPs are *all* a bunch of lying cheating degenerates and everyone knows it?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Sky reporting

Words fail me

Surely a better punishment in this case would be to repatriate him to Afghanistan and put him in the front line against the Taliban - armed only with a small jar of acid?
  • Options

ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

Is it safer to say Tory MPs are *all* a bunch of lying cheating degenerates and everyone knows it?
    Why stop at Tories? Especially today...
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

viewcode said:

2000 was last millennium.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

lol, what a smear.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

AndyJS said:

BBC update:

I have just won my largest ever political bet by correctly predicting the party of the MP from the fact that the BBC headline did not say "A [party name] MP has been charged...". Sadly this bet was with myself.
    I can beat that. I've had bets with myself that I lost.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

viewcode said:

Sky reporting

Words fail me

Surely a better punishment in this case would be to repatriate him to Afghanistan and put him in the front line against the Taliban - armed only with a small jar of acid?
    No argument from me.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,055
    I'd like some off-topic advice, if I may.

In a couple of weeks I'm planning to drive up to the Edinburgh / Glasgow area to do some walking (including the Forth / Clyde canal between the two). My wife's signed my exeat slip, and I was planning to base myself in Edinburgh for the first three or four nights - I love the city and I love staying there.

Unfortunately I've just realised that the Festival is on, and that the Edinburgh hotels are mahoosively expensive, even if I can get in. I have to go that week and cannot delay. So I'm looking for a reasonable, preferably cheapish hotel or B&B somewhere between the two, with parking and convenient for a good station to either city. Can anyone recommend one, or what sort of town / station I should be looking at?

TIA.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

viewcode said:

2000 was last millennium.
    I knew somebody was going to say that.

I will fight you.
  • Options

fitalass said:

ydoethur said:

Appears to mean, if I understand it correctly, that battlebuses must be declared as local expenditure, unless the candidate and agent are unaware of their visit? This would have very far-reaching implications, if the statue of limitations on challenges to election expenses had not been reached (which for the 2017 election I think it has?).
  • Options
    OchEye said:

Not what it says, to be fair - rather, that 70 Conservative MPs voted to keep the findings secret and 0 voted for openness. 22 Opposition MPs voted for openness, 9 for secrecy.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

fitalass said:

ydoethur said:

Appears to mean, if I understand it correctly, that battlebuses must be declared as local expenditure, unless the candidate and agent are unaware of their visit? This would have very far-reaching implications, if the statue of limitations on challenges to election expenses had not been reached (which for the 2017 election I think it has?).
    "Section 37 of the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996 imposes
    statutory reporting restrictions in relation to the hearing of interlocutory appeals such
    as the present. The objective is to ensure that the jury’s consideration of the evidence
    and issues put before it is not at risk of being affected by prior reporting, for example
    of the details of the allegations or of discussion of possible issues. Those restrictions
    apply to the hearing of this appeal"

Is that such a discussion of the possible issues?
  • Options

OchEye said:

Not what it says, to be fair - rather, that 70 Conservative MPs voted to keep the findings secret and 0 voted for openness. 22 Opposition MPs voted for openness, 9 for secrecy.
    And 543 didn't vote at all...
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,130
    Cyclefree said:

Sky reporting

Words fail me

He's going to have to get through prison first. He's in for a rough old time.....
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,656

In a couple of weeks I'm planning to drive up to the Edinburgh / Glasgow area to do some walking (including the Forth / Clyde canal between the two). My wife's signed my exeat slip, and I was planning to base myself in Edinburgh for the first three or four nights - I love the city and I love staying there.

Unfortunately I've just realised that the Festival is on, and that the Edinburgh hotels are mahoosively expensive, even if I can get in. I have to go that week and cannot delay. So I'm looking for a reasonable, preferably cheapish hotel or B&B somewhere between the two, with parking and convenient for a good station to either city. Can anyone recommend one, or what sort of town / station I should be looking at?

TIA.

Get tae Falkirk!

On the fast line between the two cities.
  • Options
    OchEyeOchEye Posts: 1,469
    ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

Not me sunshine, just the thought that so many MP's voted to keep their own indiscretions out of the view of the people who not only elect them, but also pay their wages and expenses. And that 70 out of 79 under investigation are Conservative is a matter of fact and has been reported by many publications in the media, both electronic and dead tree. I would be very surprised if all the newspapers had not already discussed the matter with their own lawyers before printing.

And isn't it oh so surprising that it is a black female Labour mp tried by public opinion before a trial takes place, when Parliament has gone into recess and the executive are in so much trouble. They obviously would never dishonour the reputation of Parliament, by trying to divert attention from their own problems by publicising the possible criminal actions of an opposition mp would they?

As for libel, very many of the comments in this meme are possibly in danger of the same charge as that, that you are implying that I have nearly supposedly committed. Isn't it the case that upon being charged and the court trial taking place that the matter becomes sub judice and it becomes a crime to discuss the case for fear of prejudicing the outcome of the trial? I, of course live in Scotland with different legislation and I am not fully aware of all the English legal niceties, so I will appreciate being corrected
  • Options
    OchEye said:

ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

Not me sunshine, just the thought that so many MP's voted to keep their own indiscretions out of the view of the people who not only elect them, but also pay their wages and expenses. And that 70 out of 79 under investigation are Conservative is a matter of fact and has been reported by many publications in the media, both electronic and dead tree. I would be very surprised if all the newspapers had not already discussed the matter with their own lawyers before printing.

And isn't it oh so surprising that it is a black female Labour mp tried by public opinion before a trial takes place, when Parliament has gone into recess and the executive are in so much trouble. They obviously would never dishonour the reputation of Parliament, by trying to divert attention from their own problems by publicising the possible criminal actions of an opposition mp would they?

As for libel, very many of the comments in this meme are possibly in danger of the same charge as that, that you are implying that I have nearly supposedly committed. Isn't it the case that upon being charged and the court trial taking place that the matter becomes sub judice and it becomes a crime to discuss the case for fear of prejudicing the outcome of the trial? I, of course live in Scotland with different legislation and I am not fully aware of all the English legal niceties, so I will appreciate being corrected
    How’s that tinfoil hat of yours?
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,504
    viewcode said:

Sky reporting

Words fail me

If your suggestion was acted upon, I predict a spate of home brewers being sent down for possession of citric acid (or equally stupid stuff), due to the "no-thinking-allowed" policies of the criminal injustice system.

The actual acid throwers will not be affected.

The problem is cultural. You give your average Swiss a full auto assault rifle to keep at home, and it's not a problem. Give an average American a semi auto....

I did chemistry to a serious extent. The world around us is full of chemicals, that if mixed together in certain ways produce horrific results. Unless you wish eliminate half the contents of Tesco, there is no safety in banning things.

Incidentally - the commonest "acid" thrown is bleach. Followed by domestic drain cleaner.

Remember the last "combat knife" panic? Most actual stabbings are done with a medium or small kitchen knife - the ones that are basically impossible to ban.
  • Options
    OchEye said:

ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

So you'll be able to provide a link from reputable news organisations for the 70 out of 79 figure?
  • Options
    ReggieCideReggieCide Posts: 4,312
    edited July 2018

Cyclefree said:

Sky reporting

Words fail me

He's going to have to get through prison first. He's in for a rough old time.....
    inshallah
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046

TIA.

Get tae Falkirk!

Another option would be Stirling which is a bit more historic than Falkirk with similar transport links
  • Options
    OchEye said:

ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

The article says nothing of the kind. You however have strongly implied that all the people who voted did so to cover up the fact they themselves were under investigation. This could be construed as libellous, although if it hadn't been for your second post you might have been able to argue it was an honest misunderstanding.

Are you sure you're OchAye and your account hasn't been hacked by RodCrosby, Hunchman or JWisemann?

(The irony is of course that the reason they did it was directly linked to your second point - to avoid the presumption of guilt.)
  • Options
    OchEye said:

ydoethur said:

OchEye said:

Very fine whataboutery there, sir.

Not quite up to the standards An Phoblacht at the height of the Troubles - but I give you 5.3 for that effort.
  • Options
    Well this is going to make Boris Johnson even more unattractive to Tory MPs.

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1022207214289866753
  • Options

twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1022207214289866753

I’m convinced he’s missed his shot.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,055
    calum said:

TIA.

Get tae Falkirk!

Another option would be Stirling which is a bit more historic than Falkirk with similar transport links
    Thanks for the replies. I've been to both places before, but don't know them well. I'll have a look into the logistics of it tomorrow.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,343

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1022207214289866753

Not just mps
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,760
    edited July 2018

TIA.

Pop Falkirk into a accommodation search and see what comes up in the surrounding towns. Larbert isn't anyone's tourist destination but the station serves both Edinburgh and Glasgow and if you are saving £70 a night for a bed ... Kilsyth is pleasant and on the canal but with better connections to Glasgow than Edinburgh. Also check Stirling, which is interesting in its own right. The Edinburgh Festival effect carries into Glasgow.

Recommend diverting slightly from the Forth Clyde canal and checking out the Antonine Wall. Lower key but more atmospheric than HadrIan's Wall. Seabegs Wood very mystical. You have this feeling a druid might pop out from behind a tree. Also Rough Castle Roman camp with minefields (lilia)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I don't know if PB-ers are following the recent "terror" incident in Toronto (I doubt it), but this is fascinating as an exercise in What Not To Say if you are a liberal clown with a column in a national paper.

The facts are that two died in the carnage, including a little ten year old girl, and many are injured, some critically. The original mental health explanation has now receded, with some indications of radicalisaton. The killer was certainly from a dodgy family, brother had many guns, drugs, convictions etc. ISIS have claimed responsibility (though they do that a lot, and does not prove much).

Right now it looks very suspicious, though we cannot know for sure. And then this guy writes this. And tweets it thus:

https://twitter.com/nationalpost/status/1022163303274098688

Why are you surprised? That is the expected point of view of a progressive.
  • Options

http://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1022207214289866753

Steve Bannon is considered a possible front runner for the Tory leadership?

I knew things were bad but they're surely not that bad.

(PS for those of us with delicate stomachs, can you please put up trigger warnings before posting such photos?)
This discussion has been closed.