Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn’s Brexit speech isn’t going to endear him to large part

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,952
    IanB2 said:

Sandpit said:

TOPPING said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

Incidentally, this is a rather fine and shocking piece by Toby Young (an old acquaintance of mine).

I was aware that he was forced to step down from the QAUNGO role, because of the monstering he got on Twitter and elsewhere.

I was unaware that as a consequence he lost ALL his positions, and his entire career was ruined, overnight. Just astonishing. And sobering. Whether you are on the left OR the right, these lynchings are horrible. They need to STOP.

https://quillette.com/2018/07/23/the-public-humiliation-diet/

That’s a very sad, but wonderfully well written and eloquent piece.

Hopefully the febrile online lynch mob will be tamed eventually, but it’s hard to see how it doesn’t get worse before it gets better. The question is what will it take for them to deflect their attention towards actual abusers, and away from satirical and self-deprecating writers?
    It is a lynch mob, but looking at that DM front page and some of the tweets, and as Young himself accepts, I am not 100% sure I would want someone who is capable of making some of those comments in a position of influence in education.

I would repeat some of those tweets by way of illustration but I simply cannot as they are too offensive even to repeat to make a point.
    A few dodgy Tweets from years ago is insignificant, when compared to his more recent several years’ experience running schools and an educational charity.
    He spends a lot of time in that article defending himself against charges of his choosing. He was considered unsuitable principally because of his crude sexist and racist comments, to which his only defence appears to be that he was drunk. Drink loosens inhibitions and may have prompted him to reveal his real attitudes, which isn't much of a defence.
    So, a few silly online comments after a few drinks, as opposed to the best part of a decade working his arse off to get poor kids into top universities to give them opportunities they would otherwise not have had in life?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,843
    stodge said:

I am shocked that Corbyn wants to undo one of Mrs Thatcher’s finest achievements.

I am sure it is nothing to do with the single market rules would stop some of Corbyn’s hard left economic policies.

The fact the ERG and other Tories are cheering him along should give all Tory leavers pause for thought, alas their Europhobia is just too strong.

Oddly enough, as others have said, Corbyn's vision of a "Workers' Brexit" will have plenty of followers and sounds superficially attractive. It speaks directly to a constituency which May has tried to charm since 2016 - the "working man".

If you voted LEAVE to try to slow or halt globalisation, Corbyn is talking to you.

I wouldn't think it a particularly effective solution to globalisation, but for long enough it would be a popular and populist one.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405

Done as the House rises for the summer.....

A Remainer is in sole charge of Brexit. What could possibly go wrong?
    I am far more concerned at what is yet another u-turn after the zillions of u-turns we have had these past few months.

Appoints a Brexit minister then tells him to get to Falkirk within what, 48 hours?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,408
    TM move to take over does imply that she will now only deal with heads of state and is going to the heart of the Council.

I believe she is throwing the dice with a last ditch attempt to stop the disaster of a no deal.

At the same time Raab actively talking of food rationing and other serious problems including travel and health restrictions within the EU is going to spook the population and I would expect a substantial move for a second referendum.

Of course this could all go pear shaped with the 48 letters going in and a VNOC
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,149
    TOPPING said:

I am far more concerned at what is yet another u-turn after the zillions of u-turns we have had these past few months.

Appoints a Brexit minister then tells him to get to Falkirk within what, 48 hours?
    Surely it’s just a continuation of her long-standing policy of humiliating anyone who could be a threat?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,445
    edited July 2018
    Sean_F said:

Project Fear from Leavers.

I’d call them the naughty c word but they have neither the depth nor the warmth.
    It's actually sensible politics from Raab. If Brexit does lead to food shortages, then it's better for us to be queuing up to collect our tins from the town hall than actually starving. The latter would see rioting, looting, burglary and all sorts.
    I think that what will happen is that Conservative Party members, UKIP members, anti-EU Labour party members like Jeremy Corbyn, members of various anti-EU organisations will all have special lavishly-stocked shops, which are reserved for them. People who can prove they voted Leave will be given ration books, whereas Remain voters will have to fend for themselves.
    Beyond belief. We are seriously contemplating forcing food shortages on ourselves and nobody in government or politics seems to have the statesmanship to say 'enough of this'. Time to own up to the public honestly and ask them to think again.

Have we all lost our minds?
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Surely it’s just a continuation of her long-standing policy of humiliating anyone who could be a threat?
    Realised with horror that Raab might not have been as useless and ineffective as Davis and hence he had to go.
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,791
    Sandpit said:

IanB2 said:

Sandpit said:

TOPPING said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

Incidentally, this is a rather fine and shocking piece by Toby Young (an old acquaintance of mine).

I was aware that he was forced to step down from the QAUNGO role, because of the monstering he got on Twitter and elsewhere.

I was unaware that as a consequence he lost ALL his positions, and his entire career was ruined, overnight. Just astonishing. And sobering. Whether you are on the left OR the right, these lynchings are horrible. They need to STOP.

Hopefully the febrile online lynch mob will be tamed eventually, but it’s hard to see how it doesn’t get worse before it gets better. The question is what will it take for them to deflect their attention towards actual abusers, and away from satirical and self-deprecating writers?
    It is a lynch mob, but looking at that DM front page and some of the tweets, and as Young himself accepts, I am not 100% sure I would want someone who is capable of making some of those comments in a position of influence in education.

I would repeat some of those tweets by way of illustration but I simply cannot as they are too offensive even to repeat to make a point.
    A few dodgy Tweets from years ago is insignificant, when compared to his more recent several years’ experience running schools and an educational charity.
    He spends a lot of time in that article defending himself against charges of his choosing. He was considered unsuitable principally because of his crude sexist and racist comments, to which his only defence appears to be that he was drunk. Drink loosens inhibitions and may have prompted him to reveal his real attitudes, which isn't much of a defence.
    So, a few silly online comments after a few drinks, as opposed to the best part of a decade working his arse off to get poor kids into top universities to give them opportunities they would otherwise not have had in life?
    A bit more contrition rather than feeling sorry for himself wouldn't harm him
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Beyond belief. We are seriously contemplating forcing food shortages on ourselves and nobody in government or politics seems to have the statesmanship to say 'enough of this'. Time to own up to the public honestly and ask them to think again.

Will of the people, innit...
  • Options

Sean_F said:

I’d call them the naughty c word but they have neither the depth nor the warmth.
    It's actually sensible politics from Raab. If Brexit does lead to food shortages, then it's better for us to be queuing up to collect our tins from the town hall than actually starving. The latter would see rioting, looting, burglary and all sorts.
    I think that what will happen is that Conservative Party members, UKIP members, anti-EU Labour party members like Jeremy Corbyn, members of various anti-EU organisations will all have special lavishly-stocked shops, which are reserved for them. People who can prove they voted Leave will be given ration books, whereas Remain voters will have to fend for themselves.

Price worth paying.

(£87.50/per punnet)
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,997

Sean_F said:

You'd better get some chickens.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

It does seem like it - I am really having doubts over this. TM needs a deal quickly or the HOC must set aside party politics and ensure this is stopped and either A50 is delayed or a second referendum takes place
  • Options
    surbysurby Posts: 1,227

TM move to take over does imply that she will now only deal with heads of state and is going to the heart of the Council.

I believe she is throwing the dice with a last ditch attempt to stop the disaster of a no deal.

At the same time Raab actively talking of food rationing and other serious problems including travel and health restrictions within the EU is going to spook the population and I would expect a substantial move for a second referendum.

Do you think that's the plan ?
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    nielh said:

surby said:

TOPPING said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

Quite. Young called people "functionally illiterate troglodytes with a mental age of six", "small, vaguely deformed undergraduates replete with acne and anoraks", "a bunch of lesbians [who] looked like German shot-putters", etc. etc.ñ

This wasn't a one-off like Justine Sacco tweeting and then getting in a plane to South Africa, which I fully agree was a lynch-mob mentality. This is a guy whose shtick for many years has been "professional contrarian", like a slightly more eloquent Brendan O'Neill. Unfortunately for him, those who live by the sword die by the sword.
    He deserves every bit he has got.
    Hes right about this being mccarthyism. People should be able to say what they want. They should be able to apologise for things they said in the past.
    The alt liberal/left tyranny is worse than the right wing tyranny, which is pretty benign by comparison.
    Surely Young's piece starts off by talking about James Gunn who was brought down by right wingers.
  • Options
    ralphmalphralphmalph Posts: 2,201

I have watched the video and I can see where this talk of stockpiling food come from.

Benn "Is the Govt going to stockpile food."
    Raab "The Govt will ensure adequate food supplies."

• Options
    surby said:

The ultra nutjobs don't have the votes to force a VNOC. Time she faced them down.
  • Options
    surby said:

I hope someone is going to put a stop to this national humiliation
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Our neighbour has some, we can trade courgettes for eggs if needs be.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234
    edited July 2018
    Christ. Dominic "Adequate Food" Raab.

What a political epitaph.

DO NOT PANIC, child. The government isn't stockpiling food, it's merely ensuring that food gets piled in stocks.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

It does seem like it - I am really having doubts over this. TM needs a deal quickly or the HOC must set aside party politics and ensure this is stopped and either A50 is delayed or a second referendum takes place
    Need both to be honest as the timing for a 2nd vote is really really tight, even if the process starts tomorrow.

Getting A50 extension is a nightmare iirc. All 27 countries must agree.
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113

‘What could possibly go right?’ is a more difficult question to answer.
  • Options

I have watched the video and I can see where this talk of stockpiling food come from.

Even talking like that is a sure fire winner for the remainers
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,612

Christ.

Dominic "Adequate Food" Raab.

I’m going to urge JohnO to start deselection proceedings against Raab.

He’s making David Davis look good.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Can't keep them. There is some old covenant on the land my house is built on.

Not sure about pigs though.

But anyway I am veggie.

• Options
    If Brexit leads to end of pineapple on pizza in the UK then I’ll be 100% behind Brexit.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,231
    https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/businesses-shun-uk-courts-in-droves-as-brexit-looms/5066997.article?utm_source=dispatch&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign= GAZ141016

Maybe not quite as bad as only having "adequate" food supplies. But still.

Time for the Big Pause Button to be pressed. No-one voted for rationing from stockpiled food supplies.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

But anyway I am veggie.

You could grow vegetables.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

48% of us didn't. There is hope for this once great nation
  • Options

Christ.

He has just lost any chance of leadership. I am astonished how hopeless he looks
  • Options

surby said:

I hope someone is going to put a stop to this national humiliation
    :+1::+1:

One day we will wake from this collective madness and ask what the hell happened...

• Options
    I'm going to start stockpiling swans.

Let Her Majesty just try to stop me.

• Options

Christ.

The Tories. The party of 'adequate food'.

Unbloody believable.
  • Options

How is he going to ensure adequate food supplies? I bet he has no f***ing idea.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

Sean_F said:

Keep Calm and Carry On.

The EU aren't [able] about to deploy the submarine fleet and attempt to starve us out. There will be some disruption to supply. Quite possibly a lot of fresh vegetables from Spain will rot in queues at Calais. Some people will lose a lot of money. Other people will make lots of money. Established supply chains could be disrupted, but new supply chains will be established to take their place.

However, if we expect to be gnawing each other's bones by Easter then we'll be pleasantly surprised when the disruption amounts to temporary shortages of fresh vegetables, cheddar and a few other items.
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

Christ.

He has just lost any chance of leadership. I am astonished how hopeless he looks
    Alternatively the honesty is aimed at encouraging the less stupid and reprehensible of the Conservative and Labour parties to think about how the electorate will view them. There are a number who are hopeless causes of course.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,864
    IanB2 said:

Sandpit said:

TOPPING said:

Sandpit said:

SeanT said:

I was impressed by how many examples of his being offensive he was able to include.

Given the 'lynch-mob' included the Mail, it was clearly a left-wing plot haha.
  • Options
    Raab is going to wake up to terrible headlines in some newspapers.

The Minister for Adequate Food.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Keep Calm and Carry On.

The EU aren't [able] about to deploy the submarine fleet and attempt to starve us out. There will be some disruption to supply. Quite possibly a lot of fresh vegetables from Spain will rot in queues at Calais. Some people will lose a lot of money. Other people will make lots of money. Established supply chains could be disrupted, but new supply chains will be established to take their place.

However, if we expect to be gnawing each other's bones by Easter then we'll be pleasantly surprised when the disruption amounts to temporary shortages of fresh vegetables, cheddar and a few other items.
    I think this thread is going to give us a few chuckles, 12 months from now.
  • Options

If Brexit leads to end of pineapple on pizza in the UK then I’ll be 100% behind Brexit.

Fear not, both tinned pineaple and hams store very well.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,864

Sean_F said:

Keep Calm and Carry On.

As an ardent Remainer, even I can't see why cheddar would be in short supply lol!
  • Options

Today is the day leave lost and the Nation will turn against it (unless TM gets a quick deal)
  • Options
    Comrade Raab, the People's Commissar for Glorious Food Adequacy
  • Options

He does not have to. The supermarkets will ensure it, they already have supply chains all over the world, they will know who can sell them more.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,468

Sean_F said:

Keep Calm and Carry On.

The EU aren't [able] about to deploy the submarine fleet and attempt to starve us out.
    You mean the EU-boat menace? :lol:

• Options

Sean_F said:

Keep Calm and Carry On.

As an ardent Remainer, even I can't see why cheddar would be in short supply lol!
    A lot of cheddar is imported, surprisingly.
  • Options

He does not have to. The supermarkets will ensure it, they already have supply chains all over the world, they will know who can sell them more.
    You are in la la land. have you ever heard of "just-in-time"?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Sean_F said:

From Ireland, with whom, if JRM is to be believed, we shall shortly be engaged in an air war.

• Options
    surbysurby Posts: 1,227
    Cyclefree said:

https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/businesses-shun-uk-courts-in-droves-as-brexit-looms/5066997.article?utm_source=dispatch&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign= GAZ141016

Time for the Big Pause Button to be pressed. No-one voted for rationing from stockpiled food supplies.

Can't wait to see Laura Kuenssberg on the telly tonight ! This should be fun. There will be "adequate food" in the 5th richest nation on the earth.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Keep Calm and Carry On.

Let them eat brioche.
  • Options

I'm going to start stockpiling swans.

Let Her Majesty just try to stop me.

Swans? Yeah you need matchsticks to start your camp fires :lol:

http://thepipeguys.com/wp-content/uploads/swan-vestas-smokers-matches-866x1300.jpg
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    Hysterical nonsense.

I know some of the Remainers have snowflake tendencies, but some of you could sink the Titanic. If there's so many land jobs going vacant, get yourselves over to Lincolnshire and volunteer. All the tates you can eat, and they're a complete food.

Look on the bright side, it should solve the obesity crisis..
  • Options

Yep. Vast quantities of fresh food from Spain and Netherlands etc etc.
  • Options

Can you explain what is just in time about Banana's, the most popular fruit in the UK taking 6 weeks on a boat to get here.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Keep Calm and Carry On.

Let them eat brioche.
    The one thing that does worry me is how the public would react if expensive pates ran short at Waitrose.
  • Options
    "You mean the EU-boat menace?"

Don't give them ideas, Dr P.
  • Options
    surby said:

Cyclefree said:

Can't wait to see Laura Kuenssberg on the telly tonight ! This should be fun. There will be "adequate food" in the 5th richest nation on the earth.
    Adequate?
    Satisfactory?
    Average?
    So-so?
    OK?
    Alright?
    Normal?
    Sufficient?
    Not bad?

:lol:
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826

They'll adjust. They get stuff just in time from outside the EU already.
  • Options

Can you explain what is just in time about Banana's, the most popular fruit in the UK taking 6 weeks on a boat to get here.
    I think the whole thing is ' bananas'
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

The one thing that does worry me is how the public would react if expensive pates ran short at Waitrose.

"You'll never guess what, darling? They've completely run out of duck rillettes! THIS IS INTOLERABLE."
  • Options

Why do I see Egyptian Tom's in the supermarket? Then heaven forbid there are English Tomatoes as well.

To all you the supermarket will be empty, look at what happened in Russia when Putin stopped food imports, it is well documented.
  • Options

As I’ve said before, I’m more worried about empty shelves at Waitrose in Dubai than in the UK. If food imports suffer temporary disruption, then food scheduled for export will be diverted to domestic demand.

I’ll have to go without bacon for a few weeks. Ho hum, first world problems.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,079

Today is the day leave lost and the Nation will turn against it (unless TM gets a quick deal)
    I can see the Mail and Express headlines; 'EU tries to starve us into surrender!'
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Do not even fucking JOKE about that.

If you want an armed uprising, depriving the nation of bacon would be a good way to start.
  • Options

Why do I see Egyptian Tom's in the supermarket? Then heaven forbid there are English Tomatoes as well.

To all you the supermarket will be empty, look at what happened in Russia when Putin stopped food imports, it is well documented.
    To be serious - you are missing the point on just how badly this will go down with the public. Today is the day hard Brexit was lost
  • Options

Sandpit said:

If you want an armed uprising, depriving the nation of bacon would be a good way to start.
    Just had some vegan ham sandwiches by "coincidence" - they exist!
  • Options
    Mr G,

"To be serious - you are missing the point on just how badly this will go down with the public. Today is the day hard Brexit was lost."

You mean you might end up as Liitle _G?
  • Options

To be serious - you are missing the point on just how badly this will go down with the public. Today is the day hard Brexit was lost
    I think that the public in general are a bit more relaxed than we are.
  • Options
    We'll have to eat the vegans fist, They might be a bit stringy, but they'll probably be Remainers.
  • Options

What the public is watching is how crap the govt and politicians are.
    The public is polarised, 20% think the politicians are stupid for not cancelling brexit, 20% think it is easy the politicians are useless and the rest think the politicians are making a pigs ear of it.

If there are not serious people in the political parties having a very deep think about this then they need to start pronto.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

To be fair, bacon in Dubai is something of an expensive luxury! ;)
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,032
    From the sunlit uplands I can clearly perceive the certainty of adequate food.
    Good grief.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904

I am shocked that Corbyn wants to undo one of Mrs Thatcher’s finest achievements.

I am sure it is nothing to do with the single market rules would stop some of Corbyn’s hard left economic policies.

The fact the ERG and other Tories are cheering him along should give all Tory leavers pause for thought, alas their Europhobia is just too strong.

The Corbynista in me reckons the EU is a right-wing corporatist plot to shaft the working man and woman.
    That is Capitalism in general isn't it.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,745

Sean_F said:

"You'll never guess what, darling? They've completely run out of duck rillettes! THIS IS INTOLERABLE."
    Man the barricades!

Top tip: Don't get mixed up between your Molotov Cocktail and your Fairtrade organic skinny latte.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

We'll have to eat the vegans fist, They might be a bit stringy, but they'll probably be Remainers.

Because you Leavers caused this mess we Remainers will be allowed to eat you first.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    CD13 said:

Mr G,

"To be serious - you are missing the point on just how badly this will go down with the public. Today is the day hard Brexit was lost."

You mean you might end up as Liitle _G?

Now that might be unlikely
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Man the barricades!

Top tip: Don't get mixed up between your Molotov Cocktail and your Fairtrade organic skinny latte.
    AKA the Putin Cocktail?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,745
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

To be fair, bacon in Dubai is something of an expensive luxury! ;)
    What's wrong with turkey bacon?

Actually - there's quite a lot wrong with turkey bacon.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

On food shortages and rationing - I doubt it
  • Options
    After Project Fear, the British Public will just think … here we go again, and they'll be right.

I can't be bothered to resurrect the clip from 'Zulu' where Jack Hawkins proclaims. "You're all going to die.".
  • Options
    valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 605

Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

But anyway I am veggie.

I'm a veggie too. Looks like I'm going to have to dig up the dahlias and plant my own.
    Wonder, with climate change, if bananas will grow in Pembrokeshire?
  • Options

Sean_F said:

If we really did have rationing, I'm sure the public would be pissed, but short of the EU declaring war on us, I'm not expecting rationing.
  • Options

CD13 said:

Because you Leavers caused this mess we Remainers will be allowed to eat you first.
    Some vegetarian Leaver-substitute for me, please :lol:
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,882

CD13 said:

Slightly surprised we've got this far down the thread without any mention of gammon.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Vega is long way away, though, about 26 light years

(I thank you!)
  • Options
    ***Trigger warning for snowflake Leavers***

https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/1021780850470469632
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

If we really did have rationing, I'm sure the public would be pissed, but short of the EU declaring war on us, I'm not expecting rationing.
    As long as the Ration book has a blue cover there will be nothing to complain about.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    I am guessing Democrats will put this in every ad from now to November

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1021785373800886272
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    The sum of Leavers' ambitions: the nation will not suffer too badly from hunger in the wake of Brexit.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,079
    Trouble is, one never knows what’s rubbish and what isn’t.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    edited July 2018
    The country nearly ground to a halt , when a few farmers blocked refeneries back in ,2000 for a few days.

God knows what would happen now , if there was a real shortage .

• Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251
    The heat must be affecting people on here. For months remainers have complained about lack of adequate fall-back preparations for a hard Brexit then go all queer when someone actually announces he's doing just that.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

CD13 said:

Point of order, Mr Speaker, weren't David Cameron and Theresa May both Remainers?
  • Options
    Norm said:

The heat must be affecting people on here. For months remainers have complained about lack of adequate fall-back preparations for a hard Brexit then go all queer when someone actually announces he's doing just that.

I think that some people need a holiday.

In the past few days, Brexit has been compared to the Spanish civil war, Pearl Harbour, or a mental illness, May has been compared to General Franco, and Brexiteers have bee threatened with the same fate as Mussolini and Clara Petacci.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Well personally I think it's a positive that the Gov't will ensure adequate food supply in the event of a no deal Brexit.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

Sean_F said:

True they got upset about a sugar shortage in the ,70s.
This discussion has been closed.