Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If Trump bothers to read UK polls he won’t be pleased about ho

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,554
    If I were a Tory MP I'd probably vote against this shit show of a white paper.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

To what end?
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908

The question then is where do you draw the line (literally).

Leave aside that Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia wanted to be in the EU, Nato and Eurozone - for good reason - and were accepted.

If we accept that they're really in Moscow's sphere of influence, then where else do we accept it - and to what consequences? Ukraine? The Caucasus states? Poland? Bulgaria? East Germany? As Stalin observed at Potsdam on being congratulated on the Red Army having reached Berlin, "Tsar Alexander got to Paris".

It's a good question. My view would be less on geography than on political regime.
    We should act to defend democracy as far as we can.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    October seems the likely time to move against May, but depending on what the EU says it could precipitate Sturgeon setting a time table for SindyRef2 electric boogaloo so events could over take them.

It will never be the right time to move against May.
  • Options

To what end?
    To give Leavers what they want, a no deal Brexit.

This way they will own it, enough of them seem to prefer a no deal Brexit.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,057
    Off-topic:

I've never seen a cable-stayed or suspension bridge demolished before, yet alone an unfinished one:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-latin-america-44802768/colombia-s-tragedy-road-bridge-demolished
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    rkrkrk said:

Leave aside that Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia wanted to be in the EU, Nato and Eurozone - for good reason - and were accepted.

If we accept that they're really in Moscow's sphere of influence, then where else do we accept it - and to what consequences? Ukraine? The Caucasus states? Poland? Bulgaria? East Germany? As Stalin observed at Potsdam on being congratulated on the Red Army having reached Berlin, "Tsar Alexander got to Paris".

It's a good question. My view would be less on geography than on political regime.
    I agree with that - and I also think we need to defend our word. If we have given a commitment to defend a place, as with other NATO members, then our word loses credibility if we step back from that commitment.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,356
    Surely that is only going to arise if and when we have different tariffs from the EU. Which, at the moment, we don't. Obviously.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    Oh, I thought it was an economics expert commenting on it. No, it was a Green MSP.
  • Options

It is almost as if the ECHR is not the EU.
    Well quite.

OTOH did the tory Manifesto not promise a British bill of rights instead? It would be very good if that stupid idea has been dropped.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

rkrkrk said:

I agree with that - and I also think we need to defend our word. If we have given a commitment to defend a place, as with other NATO members, then our word loses credibility if we step back from that commitment.
    Have the Poles forgiven us yet?
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

To what end?

It will still be an improper Brexit as it will be a disaster and true Brexit can only be puppies and flowers.

Still the strawberry surveyors, bedroom dwellers, retired (although Airbus seems to have been an awakening), expats and planning to be expats will be happy.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Well quite.

OTOH did the tory Manifesto not promise a British bill of rights instead? It would be very good if that stupid idea has been dropped.
    Mrs May wanted to pull us out then said she wanted the Supreme Court to use the ECHR to underpin a British Bill of Rights.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,762
    William_H said:

Scott_P said:
    I like a good historical reference, but it seems silly to pick this one which only applied to John's continental possessions (so not England) rather than the 1213 submission by John to the Pope.
    Which Mogg would presumably have approved... ?
    :smile:
  • Options
    matt said:

To what end?

It will still be an improper Brexit as it will be a disaster and true Brexit can only be puppies and flowers.

Still the strawberry surveyors, bedroom dwellers, retired (although Airbus seems to have been an awakening), expats and planning to be expats will be happy.
    Hard Brexit will give us proper austerity and force us to live within our means, I think that's a good thing.
  • Options

rkrkrk said:

I don't disagree but the price of keeping our word may just be a lot higher if we don't have the US backing us than it was before.

And to be frank, unless France and the UK give their words and mean it, the rest are probably not going to swing it.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,890

To what end?

Judging by YouGov,. a surprisingly large number of Remainers (27%) do favour a No Deal Brexit, presumably for that reason.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Well quite.

Mrs May wanted to pull us out then said she wanted the Supreme Court to use the ECHR to underpin a British Bill of Rights.
    It's almost as if they wanted to encourage these "human rights" claims in the Courts, isn't it?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

rkrkrk said:

I don't disagree but the price of keeping our word may just be a lot higher if we don't have the US backing us than it was before.

And to be frank, unless France and the UK give their words and mean it, the rest are probably not going to swing it.
    Being willing to defend the Baltic States does not cost us (or other NATO States) very much. The modern Russian Army is a shadow of the Red Army of 1945.

In general I'd say that not defending an ally increases the price we have to pay (in blood and money) to defend an ally in the future.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    Fake news or real news?

Number 10 now fears the number of letters of no confidence in Theresa May is close to reaching the 48 threshold

https://order-order.com/2018/07/12/whips-ask-mps-to-withdraw-letters-as-no-10-fear-theyre-approaching-48/
  • Options
    philiph said:

Fake news or real news?

Number 10 now fears the number of letters of no confidence in Theresa May is close to reaching the 48 threshold

https://order-order.com/2018/07/12/whips-ask-mps-to-withdraw-letters-as-no-10-fear-theyre-approaching-48/

I wish it would. Back her or sack her.
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,301
    Whatever you think of the politics, I think Raab will be an asset to the govt. fronting this. Decent leaver credentials, sounds reasonable and comfortable with the brief, doesn't rise to bait, gives questions which demand a one-word answer a one-word answer. For all DD's combative attractiveness to the militant wing of the Brexiteers, this is a much stronger appointment for selling a position to the centre ground.
  • Options
    grabcocquegrabcocque Posts: 4,234

It's impressive the way May has worked around the clock to piece together an intricate compromise that manages to please absolutely nobody.

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,283
    philiph said:

Fake news or real news?

Oh for God's sake. Time to put up or shut up.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    From another PB, well they've ruined Livin' La Vida Loca.

Skip this post if you're eating or drinking, particularly Lucozade.

>> Drippy Martin <<
    Silence: no longer golden

The National Enquirer has a pretty risqué quote from Ricky Martin this week: "I love giving the golden shower. I've done it before in the shower. It's like so sexy, you know, the temperature of your body and the shower water is very different."

When Ricky first talked about his enjoyment of golden showers a few years back, to music magazine Blender, he got in all sorts of trouble with conservative America. Many media outlets and rent-a-gob politicians demanded he close down his children's charity as he must be an absolute perv.

So what's changed? What on earth could have made a Republican-supporting, Trump-loving magazine like the National Enquirer want to normalise piss-play in the eyes of their readers? We can't think...

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,057
    RobD said:

rkrkrk said:

Or Ukraine. The west ignoring the Budapest Memorandum has utterly screwed Ukraine and made Europe far less stable. I'd also argue that the world is less stable, as one of the few successful nuclear disarmament deals is shown to be toothless.

Why would any state get rid of nukes now, if guarantees of their protection in return are to be disregarded? (and this is particularly relevant for NK).
  • Options
    DavidL said:

rkrkrk said:

This is quite a change for me, but I think we should plan to spend 4% of GDP on the armed forces as soon as that level of spending can be ramped up without it being entirely wasted. And we should certainly be encouraging the French to do likewise.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,420
    rkrkrk said:

That's a very slippery slope, not least because where do you draw a line on what constitutes a democracy? Does Turkey count, for example? Does Switzerland, which would give no mutual guarantee?

While I agree that democracies have a common interest in protecting their values, we also have to recognise that other geostrategic considerations matter at least as much.
  • Options

It's impressive the way May has worked around the clock to piece together an intricate compromise that manages to please absolutely nobody.

Indeed, especially as I've been one of Mrs May's staunchest supporters.
  • Options

RobD said:

rkrkrk said:

Or Ukraine. The west ignoring the Budapest Memorandum has utterly screwed Ukraine and made Europe far less stable. I'd also argue that the world is less stable, as one of the few successful nuclear disarmament deals is shown to be toothless.

Why would any state get rid of nukes now, if guarantees of their protection in return are to be disregarded? (and this is particularly relevant for NK).
    Yes, that is a stain on Britain's reputation, but what is particularly galling is that it is one that has gone almost entirely unnoticed (except in the Kremlin, etc). British MPs seem to spend more time campaigning on weeds and dog shit than on the Budapest Memorandum.
  • Options

DavidL said:

rkrkrk said:

This is quite a change for me, but I think we should plan to spend 4% of GDP on the armed forces as soon as that level of spending can be ramped up without it being entirely wasted. And we should certainly be encouraging the French to do likewise.
    Yes, I think that is a logical consequence of what Trump is doing and what the US is likely to do in the future. That expenditure also needs to be focussed on autonomous forces which can operate without US support should that prove necessary rather than perceived "NATO" needs.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

You are Big_G and I claim my £5 :D
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,116

philiph said:

Fake news or real news?

Oh for God's sake. Time to put up or shut up.
    Or given May’s tendency to hunker down perhaps it should be “Put in or shut in”.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

Well, that's the nature of compromises, particularly when the opposing positions are so far apart.

This is a good piece from Henry Newman, and the conclusion is, I think, correct. The EU haven't really negotiated in very good faith so far (which is of course the design and purpose of Article 50). That will have to change.

I hope this proposal is taken seriously by European member states and the EU itself. I believe it should provide the basis for a future partnership. But if it’s judged insufficient, then I fear the British people will think that the UK has already made a fair and reasonable offer. They would be very wary of further compromise , and so regrettably our relations will probably end up being looser, with concomitant effects on both sides of the Channel for economic growth and security cooperation in the future.

https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1017396814922833920
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

rkrkrk said:

Being willing to defend the Baltic States does not cost us (or other NATO States) very much. The modern Russian Army is a shadow of the Red Army of 1945.

In general I'd say that not defending an ally increases the price we have to pay (in blood and money) to defend an ally in the future.
    I think that the risk is that we will see a repeat of Ukraine with the largish Russian minorities "spontaneously" rebelling in a remarkably organised and well equipped way, almost as if they were trained soldiers. Will we send our soldiers into that?
  • Options

Whatever you think of the politics, I think Raab will be an asset to the govt. fronting this. Decent leaver credentials, sounds reasonable and comfortable with the brief, doesn't rise to bait, gives questions which demand a one-word answer a one-word answer. For all DD's combative attractiveness to the militant wing of the Brexiteers, this is a much stronger appointment for selling a position to the centre ground.

Yep.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,965
    DavidL said:

Sean_F said:

DavidL said:

rkrkrk said:

I think that the risk is that we will see a repeat of Ukraine with the largish Russian minorities "spontaneously" rebelling in a remarkably organised and well equipped way, almost as if they were trained soldiers. Will we send our soldiers into that?
    No.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Still waiting for Corbyn and his acolytes to denounce this appalling human rights abuse.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-44806039
    Nothing? Really?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    If the Conservatives are going to have a vote of no confidence, could they do so today or wait 10 days? I'm away on holiday next week and my other half is not going to be understanding of interrupting my holiday for betting purposes.
  • Options

If the Conservatives are going to have a vote of no confidence, could they do so today or wait 10 days? I'm away on holiday next week and my other half is not going to be understanding of interrupting my holiday for betting purposes.

You'd think him indoors would be used to your gambling addiction and related degeneracy by now.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

To what end?

Judging by YouGov,. a surprisingly large number of Remainers (27%) do favour a No Deal Brexit, presumably for that reason.
    Or perhaps it is because the only real options are.... IN or OUT. If we are not staying IN then it has to be OUT. Freedom of Movement and the NI border make halfway solutions too difficult to resolve in the time we have left.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    That's more like it. despite our government finding him guilty 'without reasonable doubt' of having sent poison and a poisoner to the sleepy village of Salsbury to kill a British citizen and anyone else who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time Trump is still giving Putin a run for his money on the unpopularity list.
  • Options

rkrkrk said:

That's a very slippery slope, not least because where do you draw a line on what constitutes a democracy? Does Turkey count, for example? Does Switzerland, which would give no mutual guarantee?

While I agree that democracies have a common interest in protecting their values, we also have to recognise that other geostrategic considerations matter at least as much.
    I think it's good as a basic principle. I accept we have to be constrained of course by what is possible. Switzerland definitely is a democracy and yes we should come to their aid even if they wouldn't necessarily be able or willing to come to ours. Turkey more dubious, if it keeps going the way it is, then I would say not a democracy.

When people say geostrategic considerations or things like that I always get a bit suspicious because I think those phrases can hide a multitude of things. You could argue the Suez canal is geostrategically important to the UK, but I wouldn't go to war over it.
  • Options

You'd think him indoors would be used to your gambling addiction and related degeneracy by now.
    He is. But he's an Ulsterman which means that familiarity does not engender forbearance. Past episodes are remembered for centuries (NB today's date).

We have a lot of rooks outside our new house. My niece, who is expert in corvids, tells us that rooks remember who you are, bear grudges if they consider you've done them wrong and pass those grudges down through the generations. This could be an interesting battle of wills.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Well, that's the nature of compromises, particularly when the opposing positions are so far apart.

This is a good piece from Henry Newman, and the conclusion is, I think, correct. The EU haven't really negotiated in very good faith so far (which is of course the design and purpose of Article 50). That will have to change.

I hope this proposal is taken seriously by European member states and the EU itself. I believe it should provide the basis for a future partnership. But if it’s judged insufficient, then I fear the British people will think that the UK has already made a fair and reasonable offer. They would be very wary of further compromise , and so regrettably our relations will probably end up being looser, with concomitant effects on both sides of the Channel for economic growth and security cooperation in the future.

https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1017396814922833920
    Look, we have known from the start, that the UK was going to have to accept the four freedoms to retain single market access.

What's happened is that May has signalled to the EU27 she's now willing to betray her party and Leave in order to get that fudge through.

The EU27 haven't been negotiating in good faith, because until now they didn't have an opening offer they negotiate with.

Now we know May is a BRINO and is willing to betray her party for it, we finally have something we can negotiate with.
  • Options

matt said:

To what end?

Hard Brexit will give us proper austerity and force us to live within our means, I think that's a good thing.
    My goodness. I agree with you on something for once :-)
  • Options

rkrkrk said:

Yes... although I'm mindful that a related logic got the Americans into all sorts of trouble in Vietnam etc. If we gave our word stupidly (or if a previous leader did so), I don't know that we should go to crazy lengths trying to keep it.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389
    edited July 2018
    My observations so far - just read down to the Framework for mobility. Note that in financial services the UK is saying, effectively, you need us as much as if not more than we need you. We shall see how that is received.

These are all quotes from the document which I believe are noteworthy.

1. Taken together, such a partnership would see the UK and the EU meet their commitments to Northern Ireland and Ireland through the overall future relationship

2. The UK and the EU would maintain a common rulebook for goods including agri-food, with the UK making an upfront choice to commit by treaty to ongoing harmonisation with EU rules on goods, covering only those necessary to provide for frictionless trade at the border.

3. As if in a combined customs territory with the EU, the UK would apply the EU’s tariffs and trade policy for goods intended for the EU.

4. However, the UK is not proposing that the EU applies the UK’s tariffs and trade policy at its border for goods intended for the UK.

5. The UK would maintain a common rulebook with the EU, including the Union Customs Code and rules related to safety and security, and would apply and interpret those rules consistently with the EU.

6. The UK would also seek participation – as an active participant, albeit without voting rights – in EU technical committees that have a role in designing and implementing rules that form part of the common rulebook.

7. The adoption of a common rulebook means that the British Standards Institution (BSI) would retain its ability to apply the “single standard model” – so that where a voluntary European standard is used to support EU rules, the BSI could not put forward any competing national standards.

8. In line with the UK’s objective of ensuring that products only go through one approval mechanism to 22 The future relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union access both markets, the UK is seeking participation in these EU agencies [The European Medicines Agency (EMA), the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA)], as an active participant, albeit without voting rights, which would involve making an appropriate financial contribution.

9. the UK is seeking access to the EU’s communications systems, such as the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF), Rapid Alert System for Serious Risk (Rapex), and the Information and Communication System for Market Surveillance (ICSMS).

10. [On financial services] the UK-EU arrangement should include common objectives, such as maintaining economic relations of broad scope, preserving regulatory compatibility, and supporting collaboration – bilaterally and in multilateral fora – to manage shared interests such as financial stability and the prevention of regulatory arbitrage
  • Options

RobD said:

rkrkrk said:

Yes, that is a stain on Britain's reputation, but what is particularly galling is that it is one that has gone almost entirely unnoticed (except in the Kremlin, etc). British MPs seem to spend more time campaigning on weeds and dog shit than on the Budapest Memorandum.
    That's what gets them elected (and because that's what gets them elected, that also influences the type of people who are attracted to standing for parliament).
  • Options
    England looking quite seriously short at the moment. Bit to go of course but with 4 wickets down a hell of a lot depends on these 2.
  • Options

He is. But he's an Ulsterman which means that familiarity does not engender forbearance. Past episodes are remembered for centuries (NB today's date).

We have a lot of rooks outside our new house. My niece, who is expert in corvids, tells us that rooks remember who you are, bear grudges if they consider you've done them wrong and pass those grudges down through the generations. This could be an interesting battle of wills.
    He might want to consider falconry. "H is for Hawk" gives an interesting account.
  • Options
    I expect we will get the EU27's counteroffer in a few days, and then the Mogglodytes will shit the bed all over again.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

My eldest Yorkiepoo is an avid hunter, though primarily squirrels in these parts. She made the mistake of killing a crow at our local park. She was then mobbed by other crows, and over the next few weeks was mobbed each time we took a stroll. That the crows can distinguish between her and her kennelmate genuinely impresses me.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,236

>> Drippy Martin

Between drinking Lucozade and golden showers, it's a close call as to which is more disgusting.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    DavidL said:

England looking quite seriously short at the moment. Bit to go of course but with 4 wickets down a hell of a lot depends on these 2.

Stokes playing a match losing innings that Boycott (get well soon) would be proud of.
  • Options
    Sarah Smith must be well pissed off.
  • Options

Sarah Smith must be well pissed off.

Same thing will probably happen to QT - pick a female presenter, pay the same rate as the previous bloke as they have to, then work out the programme is a bit rubbish and not worth the money.
  • Options

>> Drippy Martin

Between drinking Lucozade and golden showers, it's a close call as to which is more disgusting.
    Iron Bru?

#LazyScottishStereotyping
  • Options
    Conte gone.
  • Options

Are rooks from Ulster too?
  • Options

Conte gone.

Italian politics is febrile these days, oh wait; Chelsea.
  • Options
    I hope that had nothing to do with the interview I've just done for them! (or for their Yorkshire section, to be precise).
  • Options
    If the libdems can't rebuild from here, they never will.
  • Options

>> Drippy Martin

In some cultures, it is considered healthy to drink a glass of one's own fetulance.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    TOPPING said:

My observations so far - just read down to the Framework for mobility. Note that in financial services the UK is saying, effectively, you need us as much as if not more than we need you. We shall see how that is received.

... Long list of cherry picks snipped...

I know someone on here was keeping track of fresh fruit at the supermarket, but it seems No 10 loves cherries and picking them.

Perhaps a solution for the strawberry harvest beckons and we can convert a bunch of useless politicans to productive members of society and keep Tescos and Sainbury stocked with fruit.

Win win win ...
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

DavidL said:

Stokes playing a match losing innings that Boycott (get well soon) would be proud of.
    I can understand he was concerned that wickets were falling all around him but it is seriously disappointing that he has not picked up his rate. It must be putting a lot of pressure on Buttler.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

maaarsh said:

DavidL said:

I can understand he was concerned that wickets were falling all around him but it is seriously disappointing that he has not picked up his rate. It must be putting a lot of pressure on Buttler.
    Weird that he of all players has reverted to the old fallacy that you need to protect wickets and make and bat the overs. 300 is the new 210. You have far more chance of winning just keeping going and risking a bad defeat than trying to eek up to a score which would be respectable 5 years ago but is now a very easy chase.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

To what end?

Or perhaps it is because the only real options are.... IN or OUT. If we are not staying IN then it has to be OUT. Freedom of Movement and the NI border make halfway solutions too difficult to resolve in the time we have left.
    There are many variants of both In and Out.
  • Options
    How are the Express and the Mail taking May's betrayal of their manifest destiny?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389

TOPPING said:

I know someone on here was keeping track of fresh fruit at the supermarket, but it seems No 10 loves cherries and picking them.

Perhaps a solution for the strawberry harvest beckons and we can convert a bunch of useless politicans to productive members of society and keep Tescos and Sainbury stocked with fruit.

Win win win ...
    I don't think it would work if any of the MPs had any kind of foreign background as I believe that would invalidate the entire strawberry exercise.
  • Options
    The wotsit has landed.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,116
    edited July 2018

>> Drippy Martin

Is the first part a summary of the process to manufacture Irn Bru?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Win win win ...
    I don't think it would work if any of the MPs had any kind of foreign background as I believe that would invalidate the entire strawberry exercise.
    They could work illegally as Forrin Nashinoles - apparently that is the done thing :D
  • Options

I hope that had nothing to do with the interview I've just done for them! (or for their Yorkshire section, to be precise).
    They are replacing the Sunday Politics with regional shows, so if they have then it is a compliment.
  • Options

Regional section is staying to be tacked on to the end of Marr show.

• Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,019
    edited July 2018

• Options

It feels like it.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

To what end?

Yes...

IN, really IN, halfheartedly IN, fanatically IN

OUT, really OUT, pull up the drawbridge OUT...

but in-out in-out do the hokey-cokey is not on offer
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

>> Drippy Martin

In some cultures, it is considered healthy to drink a glass of one's own fetulance.
    I guess most drinking water is actually homeopathic piss.
  • Options
    Harris_TweedHarris_Tweed Posts: 1,301

Their Yorkshire section (and all the others) are being expanded to standalone half-hours off the back of Marr, so you clearly impressed :)
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Win win win ...
    Right now I think the only use for our political class is in Soylent Green.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

It feels like it.
    Be glad you never dealt with Ulster rooks. There was a flock of them outside the church I was forced to go to when a child. They never shut up, made raucous noises non stop and pooped on anyone passing by.

No...sorry.. that was the local politicians....
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Anorak said:

Sean_F said:

>> Drippy Martin

Good description of May's brexit.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,902
    Anorak said:

TOPPING said:

Win win win ...
    Are you seriously advocating chowing down on Michael Gove.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

And I was about to pop out for a late lunch. Appetite ... gone.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

TOPPING said:

Win win win ...
    Would they be organic?
  • Options

>> Drippy Martin

Iron Bru?

#LazyScottishStereotyping
    My patriotism stops at Irn Bru, even in hangover extremis I prefer Pepsi.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,743
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

To what end?

There are, but for nearly all of them there needed to be politic so will and a degree of planning. The clock is running down, so only BRINO an d car crash Brexit can be done in time.
  • Options

It feels like it.
    The magpies let us know full well their view on our cats, our tabby cat Tess in particular.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,785
    This trade war's going awfully well......

Procter & Gamble (PG +0.2%) says a "vast majority" of its products in Canada will be impacted by tariffs after the Canadian government decided not to issue an exemption.

P&G's sales in Canada are likely to be hurt as part of the nation's retaliation for steel and aluminum tariffs fired off by the U.S. this month.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3369660-procter-and-gamble-faces-tariff-headache-canada
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

Anorak said:

Ha. Homoepathic Brexit. Watered down so much it has become indistinguishable from before, other than coming with an inexplicably high cost.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Anorak said:

TOPPING said:

Win win win ...
    Gobbling Gove has a ring to it.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,997
    Mr. Tweed, good to hear. Not watched the Sunday Politics much since Neil's replacement came in, but local stuff was often rather good.

Good afternoon, everyone.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,785
    Pulpstar said:

The wotsit has landed.

Met by Liam Fox....
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171
    maaarsh said:

Anorak said:

Sean_F said:

>> Drippy Martin

What do you think she should do?
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,799
    I see Survation are learning from the LibDems...

This discussion has been closed.