Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ladbrokes make Michael Gove favourite to succeed Rudd as HomeS

1235»

Comments

• Options
    oldpoliticsoldpolitics Posts: 455

@oldpolitics

No rush to reply, I shall just declare victory in your absence, also had to leave earlier myself. ;)

I don't doubt there could be an element who do not have the greatest of intentions, maybe some anti Western interfence but then look more kindly on other countries such as say Russia doing the same, which on a case by case basis could be justified but as an overall approach would be hypocritcal at best.

I suppose anti semites could protest both Israel and then our interventions against Syria but I would imagine most people who are happily (even if only to themselves) anti semitic would be satisfied with just protesting against Israel, they could also protest against Syria intervention but presumably that would be based on something other than their anti semitic views. There are users on PB who have both complained about Israels actions and were against intervention in Syria. They may not have protested those things but surely the difference there comes down to willingness to put some energy behind your beliefs in that situation.

I think there probably are some dodgy types in stop the war but it also used to contain people like Caroline Lucas (who left because of some views/actions she wasn't happy with) so I imagine it has plenty of fairly nice people in it who are anti intervention and feel the west actions and support around the world causes a lot of negative repercussions.

The Likud/Hamas thing doesn't really line up with the Assad thing that well IMO as it is a civil war versus the elected representatives of two groups of people. Hamas pretty much were created by Israel's actions so the best way to combat them would be to change Israel's actions. Changing Hamas would do little to actually change the situation as Israel controls the situation.

1/2

My leading local Stopper gets all her news from Press TV. No idea why, she isn't Iranian. She believes every word of it and delights in telling everyone what she's heard about Israel putting mind control drugs in the Palestinian water supply or whatever. Let's not forget the time they jumped the shark and published an article headlined "Time to go to war with Israel".
  • Options
    TheJezziahTheJezziah Posts: 3,840
    edited April 2018
    @oldpolitics

Gaza has basically been turned into an open air prison camp, with a large chunk taken out of it for the wall and a buffer zone next to the wall. The Israeli's basically control the area in a large number of ways.

If we are going back to the start then I would argue it is those who had their land stolen that are the victims. There seems to be some strange idea that the Arab countries sticking together is proof of how evil they are but if a large group of people from the Middle East created a country inside great Britain I'm sure other parts of Britain as well as other European countries would come and help us out, not because they are evil but because they are good....

Even if it was say about there being a place where the Palestinians will be allowed to fight back so that they aren't eternal victims. Do you think the British locals or our European friends would really care about the Palestinians sob story when they came for their/our land?

Edit: As to the second post there is a small percentage of crazy people out there no doubt, there was some woman during the anti Syria bombing protest talking about how Assad hasn't killed anyone and is a good man because he is a doctor...

I mean I can see a logical case for opposing bombing but that probably isn't it...

Edit 2: In reference to the 'sob story' comment it isn't that the Palestinians don't deserve sympathy but they aren't going to get it when they are conquering someone else's land, well from the conquered anyway.
This discussion has been closed.