Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Jeremy Hunt – 4th favourite to succeed TMay – being investigat

124»

Comments

• Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

What a load of crap this "Lords set themselves against the people" thing is. That was two years ago from organisations that told big big lies in spite of warning and are being investigated for their spending. Until that's been cleared up there can be no claim that there is mandate for going forward.

Leavers are just doing Putin's work.

Retreating into sad conspiracy theories is not a long-term alternative for accepting just how crap the EU is.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,806
    edited April 2018
    The big takeaway from that table is how little people rate sovereignty and "taking back control" (combined 7%) , including presumably most Leave voters. So Customs Union and Vassal State are also compatible with Brexit.

Edit. I suspect most people don't really know why they voted Leave. It seemed a good idea at the time and they don't want to go back over it again now.

https://twitter.com/AndrewCooper__/status/961908728801976320

Since staying in the customs union is consistent both with more money for the NHS and being beastly to foreigners, Leavers who would prefer to be outside the customs union have no ground for complaint.

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904
    Dont you start!!

And the term is "useless tosser"
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

hunchman said:

Very pleased to see action against these 6 companies:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/high-court-orders-six-more-bogus-multi-million-pound-companies-into-liquidation

Again no prizes for guessing where all this traces back to.

What do I have to do to get the prize?
    I think we all know the answer but having surveyed their accounts I am rather struggling to see any record of it
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904

What a load of crap this "Lords set themselves against the people" thing is. That was two years ago from organisations that told big big lies in spite of warning and are being investigated for their spending. Until that's been cleared up there can be no claim that there is mandate for going forward.

Leaver for Putin

How do i join
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,005

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    If The Lords set themselves against the people (which it looks like that want to do) there will only be one outcome.
    Your periodic reminder that the people saw a campaign of xenophobic lies and bus lies, and nothing else:

Since staying in the customs union is consistent both with more money for the NHS and being beastly to foreigners, Leavers who would prefer to be outside the customs union have no ground for complaint.
    Do you not consider that for many years, people had been unhappy with the our EU membership?
  • Options

hunchman said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/high-court-orders-six-more-bogus-multi-million-pound-companies-into-liquidation

Your prize is a dinner date with Diane Abbott and meal is 5 day old pineapple on pizza.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Scott_P said:
    If The Lords set themselves against the people (which it looks like that want to do) there will only be one outcome.
    At the very most they'd only be setting themselves against the 37.5% who actually voted Leave and even then it's not at all clear how many of those saw leaving the Customs Union as an essential part of Leaving the EU.
    I am finding myself remarkably relaxed over Brexit. I am content that TM will get a deal possibly in some form of customs union and then we move on.

I am not hitting out at the Lords, it is their job, but they are a huge elite and are not elected so I expect even with their opposition a deal will happen.

Maybe I would like to be a bridge beteen leavers and remainers and for everyone to come together but, no doubt, I suppose most will say I am a dreamer
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    edited April 2018
    C4 news (who IIRC aren’t well thought of on here) dedicated a lot of time to antisemitism in Labour showing some of the debate and an interview with Margaret Hodge. So thought those who are concerned about it not getting a lot of coverage should know this.
  • Options

There is a pretty big mandate. Millions voted for Leave, and millions voted for Leave parties last year.

The Lords may see themselves as Plato's Guardians, ruling us for our own good, but I don't think that argument will gain ground.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    FF43 said:

The big takeaway from that table is how little people rate sovereignty and "taking back control" (combined 7%) , including presumably most Leave voters. So Customs Union and Vassal State are also compatible with Brexit.

Edit. I suspect most people don't really know why they voted Leave. It seemed a good idea at the time and they don't want to go back over it again now.

I think most people treated it as a vote of confidence in the EU.
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    edited April 2018

it’s very convenient how people blame the Russians for democratic decisions they don’t agree with. of course it had nothing to do with successive governments refusing to have a grown up conversation about people’s geuine concerns over immigration or about an undemocratic EU imposing its will on the UK from Brussels and of course let’s no forget the extra £9 million of taxpayers money the government spent above the campaign limits trying to scare us into remaining . The EU has always been a political project aimed at destroying the nation state and keeping the elite globalists in charge . we can only be thankful we have managed to get out while we can. 17 million people were not hypnotised they made a rational decision having heard both sides of the argument for years upon end
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

PB’s favourite people here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5629901/London-Mayor-Sadiq-Khan-gets-touchy-feely-Canadian-prime-minster-Justin-Trudeau.html

I know how well thought of Khan and Trudeau are on here after all so I’d thought I post this *innocent face*

I’m a big fan of Trudeau. A convert to FPTP. :smiley:
    PBTories for Trudeau? Who would have thought it? :grin: Him keeping FPTP was one of his more side eye worthy decisions IMO.
    This Trudeau? Absolutely a friend of the PB Tories. :)
    https://twitter.com/BrexitCentral/status/986617127691063297/video/1
    I’m glad that you’ve changed your mind on him. I now assume that PB Tories will no longer support the leader of Canada’s Conservative opposition, since they have in Trudeau a new ally :smile:
    Difference is Andrew Scheer has always held this position - he is even a partial advocate of Canzuk and improved migration arrangements between Canada and the U.K. Of course we would all much rather live and work in Romania and Slovakia given literally dozens of Brits have done so already!
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,880
    Please let’s not bring Plato into this. She was rightly banned!
  • Options

C4 news (who IIRC aren’t well thought of on here) dedicated a lot of time to antisemitism in Labour showing some of the debate and an interview with Margaret Hodge. So thought those who are concerned about it not getting a lot of coverage should know this.

That debate disturbed both my wife and I and rarely, if ever, have we both been left in tears as we listened to Luciana Berger and Ruth Smeeth's statements and then they started sobbing over their utterly disgusting treatment. It was good consevative mps contributed and everyone (almost) standing to applaud both ladies raised the spirit and soul
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    On the Lords:

Customs union was not on the ballot.
    The public don’t understand what one is anyway.
    The government did not win a majority
    There may not even be a majority in the Commons to leave the customs union.

Lords are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing, which is cleaning up Commons-made crap: in this instance the decision to exercise A50 before any coherent plan at all was in place.

Hopefully Brexit is cancelled.
    I sense that most people have moved on and as someone said above, can’t remember why they voted to leave anyway.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

hunchman said:

Your prize is a dinner date with Diane Abbott and meal is 5 day old pineapple on pizza.
    A 5 day old pineapple is quite fresh
  • Options

On the Lords:

Lords are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing, which is cleaning up Commons-made crap: in this instance the decision to exercise A50 before any coherent plan at all was in place.

I sense that most people have moved on and as someone said above, can’t remember why they voted to leave anyway.

Let's assume that you achieve your heart's desire, and Brexit is cancelled.

Do you think that would help you in the long run?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

On the Lords:

Let's assume that you achieve your heart's desire, and Brexit is cancelled.

Do you think that would help you in the long run?
    If done democratically, sure.
This discussion has been closed.