Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » POLL ALERT: Ignore the hype. Brexit might be going badly, but

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,127
    RobD said:

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

But the democratic wishes of the British people must prevail regardless of what people think.

Hilarious. Unintentionally I assume

The democratic wishes of the British people must prevail regardless of their democratic wishes...

Pay attention. This sentence was in response to the statement that people IN OTHER COUNTRIES regard us as the sick man of Europe because of Brexit. I merely asserted that the democratic wishes of the people of the UK cannot be frustrated because some people in other countries disapprove.

Or maybe you think they should?
    If the democratic wishes of the people of the UK create costs for other people that they are unwilling to bear then those wishes certainly can be frustrated because of what other countries think about it. We don't have the power to impose our will on the EU27.

Thinking that might it right is one thing when you have it, but quite another when you don't.
    The other EU countries do not have the power to stop us leaving. And the fact that they are behaving like the Mafia ("No one resigns from the Organisation) makes our departure even more justified.
    More to the point, the EU's own constitution says that a member state can leave by serving notice, in exactly the same way that one can terminate a contract by notice.
    Next time you write a resignation letter, try telling them you want a deep and special partnership with them and their security will be at risk if they don't offer you a good deal as a contractor.
    lol

so do you have to pay your employer an exit fee when you resign ?
    Some professions such as law and accountancy do so for when the trainees/graduates quit shortly after qualifying.
    Makes sense - they were received a net benefit from the company, whereas the UK has been paying in for years.
    Does our net contribution exceed the tax revenue from EU regulated financial services in London?
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,963

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

But the democratic wishes of the British people must prevail regardless of what people think.

The democratic wishes of the British people must prevail regardless of their democratic wishes...

Pay attention. This sentence was in response to the statement that people IN OTHER COUNTRIES regard us as the sick man of Europe because of Brexit. I merely asserted that the democratic wishes of the people of the UK cannot be frustrated because some people in other countries disapprove.

If the democratic wishes of the people of the UK create costs for other people that they are unwilling to bear then those wishes certainly can be frustrated because of what other countries think about it. We don't have the power to impose our will on the EU27.

Thinking that might it right is one thing when you have it, but quite another when you don't.
    The other EU countries do not have the power to stop us leaving. And the fact that they are behaving like the Mafia ("No one resigns from the Organisation) makes our departure even more justified.
    More to the point, the EU's own constitution says that a member state can leave by serving notice, in exactly the same way that one can terminate a contract by notice.
    Next time you write a resignation letter, try telling them you want a deep and special partnership with them and their security will be at risk if they don't offer you a good deal as a contractor.
    lol

Some professions such as law and accountancy do so for when the trainees/graduates quit shortly after qualifying.
    But when a senior partner is slowly pushed out by the job becoming far removed from the one he signed up for, it's considered constructive dismissal, no?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

lol

reclaiming exam fees doesnt count

possibly prostitution where you have to buy your way out from your pimp, but it;s a respectable profession unlike law
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited November 2017
    Corbyn: Promoting MP Hopkins 'reasonable'
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

lol

But when a senior partner is slowly pushed out by the job becoming far removed from the one he signed up for, it's considered constructive dismissal, no?
    They or their proxies kept on approving the changes.
  • Options

The doyen of the somewhere/anywhere dichotomy gives us his unique take on the sexual misconduct stories:
    https://twitter.com/David_Goodhart/status/927207074278313984

I think his point is that the media focus is far more on the frustrations high-flying females have experienced in London far more than the more serious cases of rape that females from more deprived backgrounds have experienced in other areas of the country.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Just as a note, the ICIJ collective of journalists is about to do a another drop of leaked info about the wealthy/connected and their financial affairs, the so called Paradise Papers, in about 5 minutes time.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,126
    stevef said:

daodao said:

stevef said:

I did not state that "people IN OTHER COUNTRIES regard us as the sick man of Europe", merely that "the UK is regarded as the sick man of Europe". That is is true both inside and outside the UK. For example, the reason why the UK isn't in the Euro is because it couldn't comply with the rules for joining, in particular the government deficit, following its ignominious exit from the ERM in 1992. Even Greece was able to comply for a while.
    The "sick man of Europe" judgment back in the 70s was mainly the view of other people outside the UK. If we are regarded as the sick of man of Europe now, it must be (logically) mainly by people outside the UK -although of course the Remoaners who will do anything to talk down Britain will go along with that judgment.

Remoaners actually want us to be the sick man of Europe. They want us to fail. They rejoice in a falling Pound, they celebrate and grasp at every piece economic bad news (while ignoring the good|) that they can blame on Brexit. No one would be happier than the Remoaners if their predictions of economic catastrophe came true, in order to justify their view that we should return to the protection of the economic and political mafia that is the EU.
    Even Marine Le Pen and the Chinese President have a more positive view of post Brexit UK than diehard Remainers do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36653381

https://johnib.wordpress.com/2017/07/08/chinas-president-xi-jinping-tells-theresa-may-brexit-could-be-positive-for-the-world/
  • Options

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

lol

possibly prostitution where you have to buy your way out from your pimp, but it;s a respectable profession unlike law
    It's the training costs too.

"Someone once said that the legal profession is the second-oldest profession. Having worked in it for nearly 20 years, I'm beginning to think it bears resemblance to the first."
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Y0kel said:

Just as a note, the ICIJ collective of journalists is about to do a another drop of leaked info about the wealthy/connected and their financial affairs, the so called Paradise Papers, in about 5 minutes time.

According to reports in the media yesterday it could be squeaky bum time for Lord Ashcroft. As I don't want to get sued, here is the link.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/04/bermuda-hack-tory-donor-billionaire-leave-campaigner-braced/
  • Options
    Mr. Royale, indeed.

Julia Hartley-Brewer's knee got more coverage than the Newcastle rape gang.
    https://twitter.com/CDP1882/status/895295580934742017
  • Options

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

lol

It's the training costs too.

"Someone once said that the legal profession is the second-oldest profession. Having worked in it for nearly 20 years, I'm beginning to think it bears resemblance to the first."
    ROFL

training costs ?

how does paying a trainee £ 10 an hour while charging him out at £100 an hour cause a loss ?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    What happened to that reported advice from the Brexit Department that said we didn't owe a penny?
    That would be slightly higher than I'd expect.

I expect us to be paying c.£40bn (£18bn for the EU budget obligations to 2020, and a further £10bn per year during each year of the transition period).

I still suspect the headline figure will end up being beneath <£50bn for political reasons.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,963

kyf_100 said:

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

lol

They or their proxies kept on approving the changes.
    I believe the last time we were offered a say in the matter was 1975. We were promised something on Lisbon by the Last Lot, but they reneged on their promises. The first time we had any kind of meaningful say, we said no.

One wonders what it is about the EU that scares them so much they refuse wherever and whenever possible to seek democratic consent for their project.

This, alone, is what makes me want to run a mile.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

lol

I've just bought someone out of a contract where they had to repay the last 5 years of bonuses to their employer...
  • Options

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

I have resigned from previous employers where it's clear that, since we'll both remain in the same industry and may work together again, cordial relations make sense for both parties.
  • Options

ROFL

training costs ?

how does paying a trainee £ 10 an hour while charging him out at £100 an hour cause a loss ?

It's all the hours before we can bill them out is what needs recovering.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Sean_F said:

stevef said:

stevef said:

Scott_P said:

stevef said:

lol

I've just bought someone out of a contract where they had to repay the last 5 years of bonuses to their employer...
    yes but it's city talk

criminality has high fixed costs
  • Options

ROFL

training costs ?

guffaw

my son did one year work experience with one of the big 4 accountancy firms

they charged him out at £90 an hour from the first week
  • Options

Mr. Royale, indeed.

It's not dissimilar to how news articles on the gender gap in pay tend to focus on highly paid female stars at the BBC, and differences in FTSE boardrooms.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    edited November 2017

Mr. Royale, indeed.

ttps://twitter.com/CDP1882/status/895295580934742017

I read it as saying that Julia H-B and her knee seemed to get equal or more coverage than Bex Bailey and a rape allegation.

Obviously, both got considerably more coverage than another bunch of poor white kids in what we euphemistically call “care” being routinely abused by members of certain “communities”.
  • Options

ROFL

training costs ?

guffaw

my son did one year work experience with one of the big 4 accountancy firms

they charged him out at £90 an hour from the first week
    Accountants are just human spreadsheets.

They don't better humanity the way the legal profession does.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Sandpit said:

Mr. Royale, indeed.

I read it as saying that Julia H-B and he knee seemed to get equal or more coverage than Bex Bailey and a rape allegation.

Obviously, both got considerably more coverage than another bunch of poor white kids in what we euphemistically call “care” being routinely abused by members of certain “communities”.
    Well today the focus is all on somebody denying having legal porn on a pc in their office, not the alleged attack in a taxi, hand up skirt incident etc.

It reminds me again of expenses. Duck houses and claiming for porn got far more coverage than fake offices, paying your mate the landlord cash in hand with no contract, subletting a flat from a friend who happened to get grant money from your department etc etc etc
  • Options
    REPUBLIC NOW!

The Queen's a tax dodger.

Millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate has been invested in a Cayman Islands fund as part of an offshore portfolio that has never before been disclosed, according to documents revealed in an investigation into offshore tax havens.

Files from a substantial leak show for the first time how the Queen, through the Duchy of Lancaster, has held and still holds investments via funds that have put money into an array of businesses, including the off-licence chain Threshers, and the retailer BrightHouse, which has been criticised for exploiting thousands of poor families and vulnerable people.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/revealed-queen-private-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers?CMP=share_btn_tw
  • Options

REPUBLIC NOW!

Millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate has been invested in a Cayman Islands fund as part of an offshore portfolio that has never before been disclosed, according to documents revealed in an investigation into offshore tax havens.

Files from a substantial leak show for the first time how the Queen, through the Duchy of Lancaster, has held and still holds investments via funds that have put money into an array of businesses, including the off-licence chain Threshers, and the retailer BrightHouse, which has been criticised for exploiting thousands of poor families and vulnerable people.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/revealed-queen-private-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers?CMP=share_btn_tw

TSE for Lord Protector :lol:
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,884
    EiiR definitely not money laundering then
  • Options
    With Prince William sounding and acting more like his father, this has been a great weekend for the Republic movement.
  • Options

REPUBLIC NOW!

"the estate said it received no tax advantages from investing offshore" - I think the financial advisor team needs sacking !!!!
  • Options
    Lord Ashcroft could owe £10s of millions in tax!!!
  • Options

Mr. Royale, indeed.

It's not dissimilar to how news articles on the gender gap in pay tend to focus on highly paid female stars at the BBC, and differences in FTSE boardrooms.
    That was a fantastic and twisted piece of spin from the BBC, to manage to divert so quickly away from the long list of £250k+ salaries going to mediocre on-screen ‘talent’.
  • Options
    RhubarbRhubarb Posts: 359

Mr. Royale, indeed.

One days someone is going to earn themselves a nice PhD analysing why this is.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,059

Mr. Royale, indeed.

That's because one garners page impressions (and therefore revenues) for media outlets, and the other doesn't.

People want to read about celebrities behaving badly. They don't want to read about rape in Rotherham.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,015

Mr. Royale, indeed.

Possibly because there were consequences in the latter case, but no consequences in the former.

The media don't just exist to tell Conservative blokes that Muslims are rubbish.
  • Options
    First they leach from the poor then they rob the poor.

“Millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate has been invested in a Cayman Islands fund – and some of her money went to a retailer accused of exploiting poor families and vulnerable people”
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,127
    This could be a bigger story: Trump's commerce secretary has financial interests in a Russian company linked to individuals under US sanctions.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/trump-commerce-secretary-wilbur-ross-business-links-putin-family-paradise-papers
  • Options
    Bigger story seems to be that Russia and Team Trump seem to be shown to have joint ventures in this leak....
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Mr. Royale, indeed.

I read it as saying that Julia H-B and he knee seemed to get equal or more coverage than Bex Bailey and a rape allegation.

Well today the focus is all on somebody denying having legal porn on a pc in their office, not the alleged attack in a taxi, hand up skirt incident etc.

It reminds me again of expenses. Duck houses and claiming for porn got far more coverage than fake offices, paying your mate the landlord cash in hand with no contract, subletting a flat from a friend who happened to get grant money from your department etc etc etc
    Indeed so. As plenty of us have been saying in here all week, there’s a wide variety of offences being mentioned and the media is losing focus on the serious to concentrate on the trivial.

I’m feeling very sorry for Bex Bailey, whose brave coming forward to tell her story should have led the news for a week. I hope she has good support around her.
  • Options
    Lord Ashcroft FFS

Panorama pulling his pants down.

If true the man should be in jail
  • Options
    Blimey part II.

Russia funded Facebook and Twitter investments through Kushner associate.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/russia-funded-facebook-twitter-investments-kushner-associate
  • Options

“Millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate has been invested in a Cayman Islands fund – and some of her money went to a retailer accused of exploiting poor families and vulnerable people”

Considering the poor have now been largely taken out of income tax hardly and the Queen's private estate essentially pays for itself.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

With Prince William sounding and acting more like his father, this has been a great weekend for the Republic movement.

Never mind Lib Dems I think you might be better off in republican Corbyn's Labour Party! Prince William is of course more popular than any of the 3 main party leaders and on a good day even his father is too.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Considering the poor have now been largely taken out of income tax hardly and the Queen's private estate essentially pays for itself.
    The Queen didn't take the poor out of income tax, it was George Osborne CH.
  • Options
    stevef said:

Remoaners actually want us to be the sick man of Europe. They want us to fail. They rejoice in a falling Pound, they celebrate and grasp at every piece economic bad news (while ignoring the good|) that they can blame on Brexit. No one would be happier than the Remoaners if their predictions of economic catastrophe came true, in order to justify their view that we should return to the protection of the economic and political mafia that is the EU.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. The one thing that the 52% and the 48% do have in common is that we all (aside from a few extremists on either side) want the UK to succeed. The difference is in how we define success, I guess. I voted very enthusiastically to Remain and see the very act of leaving the EU as one of "failure" - but to see the UK fail would not advantage myself, my family or any of my friends in any way. If I were to celebrate all of the bad news since Brexit then I'd be in a permanent partying mode... I assure you that sorrow and worry are closer to how I feel about it all than celebration is. However, I accept the referendum result even if I can't come to terms with it.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

The poor have suffered benefit cuts.

Betty the country's biggest benefits scrounger has had massive increases and invested in overseas havens.

Thank God I am a Republican
  • Options

HYUFD said:

God save our gracious George
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options

HYUFD said:

A monarchist acting as Chancellor of Her Majesty's Government.
  • Options
    The Canadian Tony Blair living up to his rep...

Justin Trudeau's close adviser helped move huge sums offshore

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/justin-trudeau-adviser-stephen-bronfman-offshore-paradise-papers
  • Options
    Nah, the one with the dolphin bestiality was peak Guardian.
  • Options
    Quiet news day.

Capitalism is rotten
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Quiet news day.

Capitalism is rotten
    Bono the hypocrites hypocrite. Although the Guardian banging on about shielding ones wealth in the Cayman Islands is somewhat ironic.
  • Options
    Mr. Owls, I'd take it over socialism. How's Venezuela doing?
  • Options

Quiet news day.

Capitalism is rotten
    Bono the hypocrites hypocrite. Although the Guardian banging on about shielding ones wealth in the Cayman Islands is somewhat ironic.
    Indeed
  • Options
    EPG said:

Mr. Royale, indeed.

Possibly because there were consequences in the latter case, but no consequences in the former.

The media don't just exist to tell Conservative blokes that Muslims are rubbish.
    This.
  • Options

The excesses of Capitalism are obscene.

How is Venezula going?

Do they have more people using food banks than us?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Betty the country's biggest benefits scrounger has had massive increases and invested in overseas havens.

She is not a 'benefits scrounger' she has her own private assets and any income received from taxpayers goes largely to cover her state estates and state functions which the taxpayer would have to pay to any President in a republican system anyway.
  • Options
    TV stars paid in Mauritius FFS

Does nobody have a moral compass
  • Options

TV stars paid in Mauritius FFS

Does nobody have a moral compass

Least surprising news....
  • Options
    Mr. Owls, they're starving to death because the country's ****ed.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,927

Quiet news day.

Capitalism is rotten
    Like democracy, it's better than the alternatives.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,987

How is Venezula going?

You are trying to argue that the quality of life is better in Venezuela?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

How is Venezula going?

Given they have double our unemployment rate and a third of our gdp per capita I would imagine so.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

She is not a 'benefits scrounger' she has her own private assets and any income received from taxpayers goes largely to cover her state estates and state functions which the taxpayer would have to pay to any President in a republican system anyway.
    How do we sack her like we could do a tax avoiding President ?
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Forget Brexit. Let's talk about tax dodgers. Let's send them to the Tower. Oh, wait a minute....
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    HYUFD said:

How is Venezula going?

Given they have double our unemployment rate and a third of our gdp per capita I would imagine so.
    Give Corbyn 10 years as PM...
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Forget Brexit. Let's talk about tax dodgers. Let's send them to the Tower. Oh, wait a minute....

Titter
  • Options
    Still at least Spurs won....
  • Options
    Are we to take it that The Donald is too poor to use these companies to make his finances tax efficient?
  • Options

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/justin-trudeau-adviser-stephen-bronfman-offshore-paradise-papers

Many of Trump's Cabinet also benefited from the offshore trusts it seems.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/wealthy-men-donald-trump-inner-circle-links-tax-havens
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Many of Trump's Cabinet also benefited from the offshore trusts it seems.
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/nov/05/wealthy-men-donald-trump-inner-circle-links-tax-havens
    About as surprising as Bono been named.
  • Options

Still at least Spurs won....

I hope you watched the West Ham v Liverpool match.

A masterclass on how now to blow a 2 nil half time lead over the spanners.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Mr. Royale, indeed.

That's because one garners page impressions (and therefore revenues) for media outlets, and the other doesn't.

People want to read about celebrities behaving badly. They don't want to read about rape in Rotherham.
    Also true, but that conveniently reinforces the self-interests of (what most would consider to be) the elite.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Why is a tax-exempt entity shielding money in dodgy places ?
  • Options
    edited November 2017

HYUFD said:

How is Venezula going?

Yes, foodbanks would do good business under Corbyn.
  • Options

Are we to take it that The Donald is too poor to use these companies to make his finances tax efficient?

A bankrupt does not need to do all these. In the US Corporate losses can be transferred and set against personal income. He has lost many times.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

She does not illegally 'avoid tax', offshore trusts are legal and it is her estate financial advisers who take the decisions not her.

She does not need to be 'sacked' precisely because in her over 50 years on the throne she has never taken a political decision on anything over than signing what her ministers tell her to, that would not be the case with a President, especially an elected one.

That is why she has always been and still is more popular than all the PMs who have served under her (with the possible exception of Blair in August 1997).

• Options

Lord Ashcroft FFS

Golly, I can just about remember the days when Tories (including the PB sort) endlessly & vociferously insisted Ashcroft was definitely not a non-dom.

A more innocent time.
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

To set an example to the subjects.
  • Options
    Breitbart's take on UK politics:

"Evidence from the 2010 election in the United Kingdom backs this theory up.

Almost a dead cert for Prime Minister, David Cameron managed to avoid winning a parliamentary majority by tackling left at the end of his campaign, focusing on “green” issues, and trying to win over left-leaning Guardian readers instead of focusing on the conservative base.

As a thank you, conservative voters stayed home, or voted for a different party such as the UK Independence Party, a trend which continued all the way through to 2015.

Mr. Cameron didn’t get a majority, and was forced to govern in coalition with Nick Clegg and the Liberal Democrats"
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/11/04/kassam-mcconnells-daca-amnesty-plan-will-hand-house-representatives-democrats-ripe-impeachment-attempts/
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited November 2017
    re; capitalism. This is a great chart;

The global poor and the global super rich have done great. It's the poor in the western world who have had their incomes stagnate in recent decades.

Global capitalism no longer works for them.
  • Options
    It’s a real shame to learn this about the Queen. My guess is that she did not know. She really doesn’t need the money and has a keen sense of duty.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You will have to ask the estate's financial advisers but as the papers reveal it is par for the course for those protecting large numbers of assets, whether they be in a liberal administration like Trudeau's Cabinet and advisers or a conservative one like Trump and his Cabinet.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

How is Venezula going?

.......and the tax dodgers will be dealt with we will have a society that cares for the many not the few.
  • Options

Lord Ashcroft FFS

Golly, I can just about remember the days when Tories (including the PB sort) endlessly & vociferously insisted Ashcroft was definitely not a non-dom.

A more innocent time.

Did any of them actually believe it??!!

• Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

She does not illegally 'avoid tax', offshore trusts are legal and it is her estate financial advisers who take the decisions not her.

She does not need to be 'sacked' precisely because in her over 50 years on the throne she has never taken a political decision on anything over than signing what her ministers tell her to, that would not be the case with a President, especially an elected one.

That is why she has always been and still is more popular than all the PMs who have served under her (with the possible exception of Blair in August 1997).

You should replace Nicholas Witchell as the No.1 Royal arse-licker.
  • Options

Lord Ashcroft FFS

A more innocent time.

Did any of them actually believe it??!!

David Cameron did.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

You will have to ask the estate's financial advisers but as the papers reveal it is par for the course for those protecting large numbers of assets, whether they be in a liberal administration like Trudeau's Cabinet and advisers or a conservative one like Trump and his Cabinet.
    Trudeau does not live on our taxes. Our scroungers do and then hides the money. Can we use the excuse that honestly I did not know guv, it was my advisers.
  • Options
    Pong said:

re; capitalism. This is a great chart;

The global poor and the global super rich have done great. It's the poor in the western world who have had their incomes stagnate in recent decades.

Global capitalism no longer works for them.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/amazing-chart-shows-thanks-to-capitalism-global-poverty-is-at-its-lowest-rate-in-history/article/2562224
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

It’s a real shame to learn this about the Queen. My guess is that she did not know. She really doesn’t need the money and has a keen sense of duty.

Your guess sounds naive .
  • Options
    ISIS now helping the Saudis in Yemen.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Trudeau does not live on our taxes. Our scroungers do and then hides the money. Can we use the excuse that honestly I did not know guv, it was my advisers.
    It is her private estate, nothing to do with money from taxpayers and any financial adviser worth his salt would aim to be as tax efficient as possible. If you oppose loopholes then close them, legal ones are there to be used.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

@MarkHopkins

So if it is easy, perhaps you can suggest a solution for the Irish border question?

Some of us did warn that it would be problematic to solve.

annex the republic

then reconquer France

really have you no ambition ?
    I support the latter but history tells you Brits out of Ireland is the wisest cause of action.
    Mr Eagles, a truly awesome pun or an even more awesome Freudian typo?
    You'll have to explain it to me.
    illiteracy is not a good trait in a lawyer
    Can I blame auto-correct and tiredness?
    AS in 'tired and emotional'?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I am a constitutional monarchist but sometimes I can see the temptations of having an elected President just to get a President Thatcher or President Boris to piss off the likes of you!
  • Options
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

The firm have been leeching us for hundreds of years. What's new ? They are like religious leaders. The poor hangs on every word, the establishment simply finds them useful.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

@MarkHopkins

So if it is easy, perhaps you can suggest a solution for the Irish border question?

Some of us did warn that it would be problematic to solve.

annex the republic

then reconquer France

really have you no ambition ?
    I support the latter but history tells you Brits out of Ireland is the wisest cause of action.
    Mr Eagles, a truly awesome pun or an even more awesome Freudian typo?
    You'll have to explain it to me.
    illiteracy is not a good trait in a lawyer
    Can I blame auto-correct and tiredness?
    AS in 'tired and emotional'?
    I'm a good Muslim boy.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I am a constitutional monarchist but sometimes I can see the temptations of having an elected President just to get a President Thatcher or President Boris to piss off the likes of you!
    At least, they can be impeached. This lot are scroungers by appointment.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    People wondered why jezza went with tax dodging at PMQs this week...perhaps a little birdie from the BBC or the guardian gave him a bit of a heads up.
This discussion has been closed.