Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And now for the Corbyn of the Right

SystemSystem Posts: 11,699
edited July 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And now for the Corbyn of the Right

18 out of 20 UKIP MEPs including Farage may quit party if anti-Islam candidate becomes leader https://t.co/leXWRualA7?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291

Not my type of bet at all but I know that some on here like short odds and don't mind tying their money up for some time, if so this is the bet for you:

Everton to finish in the Top 10 at 1.25 with Unibet.

They finished 7th last year, 15 points clear of the team in 8th place. They will probably lose Lukaku but have signed some very good players in Pickford, Keane and Klaessen and another today in Sandro. They have some very good young players and I rate Koeman very highly.

Personally I will be looking to buy their points total when Spin finally put it up, they got 61 last year and I will buy at anything close to that, however after Stoke at home on the opening day they face City & Chelsea away in the next two, so I may actually wait until then.

25% return on your money after less than eleven months if anyone is interested.

Lukaku will be a massive hole. My fear with Everton is they don't have anybody remotely close to as good as him upfront.

Sandro is a totally different type of forward, and small Spanish strikers in the premier league haven't always done very well....cough cough Soldado.

Also Bolasie will be out for half the season.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,196
    I see this woman was previously shortlisted to be the Labour candidate for Brighton Pavilion.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    I thought kippers were all mad islamohomofriedchickenophobe racists ?

this just doesnt look right
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,995

Not my type of bet at all but I know that some on here like short odds and don't mind tying their money up for some time, if so this is the bet for you:

They finished 7th last year, 15 points clear of the team in 8th place. They will probably lose Lukaku but have signed some very good players in Pickford, Keane and Klaessen and another today in Sandro. They have some very good young players and I rate Koeman very highly.

Personally I will be looking to buy their points total when Spin finally put it up, they got 61 last year and I will buy at anything close to that, however after Stoke at home on the opening day they face City & Chelsea away in the next two, so I may actually wait until then.

Lukaku will be a massive hole. My fear with Everton is they don't have anybody remotely close to as good as him upfront.

Sandro is a totally different type of forward, and small Spanish strikers in the premier league haven't always done very well....cough cough Soldado.

Agree. EFC to finish top 10 is a steal. With or without Lukaku. Rumours are strong it will be Sandro and Rooney up front...assuming big Rom does leave.
    We also won the u23's championship last year, and had 5 in u 20s World Cup side. Depth is not an issue for the first time in 30 years.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Be fair. Tesla to hit the road on time is surprising news.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,983
    edited July 2017
    At the risk of sounding like I am constantly harking back to leaders of the past, it really was all about Nige

Pre Nige era: 2%, irrelevance
    Nige era: Win Euros, 13%, Get ref, win ref
    Post Nig era: 2%, probably fold?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,561

Carra trolled Everton fans today

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/881913132486184961
  • Options

lol
  • Options

Carra trolled Everton fans today
    Pickford???!!!
    https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/881913132486184961
  • Options

if you banned the FT from corporate receptions what would its circulation be ?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,119
    She sounds barking but with the Tories and Labour having taken their clothes on Brexit, ending free movement and leaving the single market and in the Tories case grammar schools an anti radical Islam message in the style of the FN or AfD may be the best way for them to go after the recent terror attacks
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    The "Brownshirts" comparison is compelling. How easily we forget that 1930s Berlin was plagued by radical Judaists detonating themselves in crowded places with cries of "Jahweh is the greatest".
  • Options
    @Dixiedean = Mignolet kept Sunderland in the Premier League, Pickford saw Sunderland relegated
  • Options
    Some guy who isn't really British has just knocked out Ivo Karlovic.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

if you banned the FT from corporate receptions what would its circulation be ?
    I was joking. EDIT: Oops just saw your lol before that :D
  • Options

@Dixiedean = Mignolet kept Sunderland in the Premier League, Pickford saw Sunderland relegated

Think that may be epic over simplification. Ask a SAFC fan which one they rate.
  • Options
    DruttDrutt Posts: 1,093

In my experience nobody is ever more than five pints from being a fried-chicken-o-phile, so it's unlikely.

On topic, is Whittle not the value bet here? 2/1, and if you cut through the HuffPo story it's actually about who is going to be deputy? Surely the quotes are UKIP MEPs basically giving Whittle the nod. "Look what you might get if it's not Whittle, eh?"
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    dixiedean said:

Agree. EFC to finish top 10 is a steal. With or without Lukaku. Rumours are strong it will be Sandro and Rooney up front...assuming big Rom does leave.
    We also won the u23's championship last year, and had 5 in u 20s World Cup side. Depth is not an issue for the first time in 30 years.
    I think it a good bet too. After the top 7 the PL was much of a muchness last year.

Leicester seem slow with signings, have misfiring stars with eyes elsewhere and an ageing back line, as well as an awful opening schedule. Bottom by Sept and most likely nul points.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Ishmael_Z said:

The "Brownshirts" comparison is compelling. How easily we forget that 1930s Berlin was plagued by radical Judaists detonating themselves in crowded places with cries of "Jahweh is the greatest".

If there is a group comparable with 1930s Nazis in modern Britain, it is Muslim extremists
  • Options
    Drutt said:

In my experience nobody is ever more than five pints from being a fried-chicken-o-phile, so it's unlikely.

On topic, is Whittle not the value bet here? 2/1, and if you cut through the HuffPo story it's actually about who is going to be deputy? Surely the quotes are UKIP MEPs basically giving Whittle the nod. "Look what you might get if it's not Whittle, eh?"
    Reads like the exact opposite to me! With talk of a deal between her and Whittle it sounds like anything but a nod.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,361
    Drutt said:

Kebabs. When I was younger I used to wake up in the morning with a mouth like industrial waste, realise that I had eaten a Donner Kabab the night before and that I had therefore had too much to drink.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

I think Pickford's a very good player, my only concern is we've seen it before, a young promising English goalkeeper gets signed for big money and they kinda regress.

Richard Wright, Chris Kirkland, those sorts of players. There are others.
  • Options
    isam said:

Ishmael_Z said:

If there is a group comparable with 1930s Nazis in modern Britain, it is Muslim extremists
    pah who cares ?

Game of Thrones is back, the only politics that counts
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,380
    tlg86 said:

He has been a British citizen since March 2015.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

I think it a good bet too. After the top 7 the PL was much of a muchness last year.

Leicester seem slow with signings, have misfiring stars with eyes elsewhere and an ageing back line, as well as an awful opening schedule. Bottom by Sept and most likely nul points.

Yes you have to find 10 teams who can finish above Everton. The 6 who did last year certainly. 4 others? West Ham, Leicester if they play much better. Maybe. 2 others are difficult to see. Newcastle would need many new signings...not so far. Southampton if they don't sell everyone again. Even they are a bit of a stretch.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,775
    Actually the more interesting point he made, that the EU is an agent of economic nationalism, is wholly wrong. That misunderstanding doesn't bode well for the good Brexit deal he is supposedly working for as Brexit Minister.

Wishing the EU to disappear in a peaceful way is logical. If that happens (and there is no reason to believe it will in short order) the Brexit problem goes away.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

dixiedean said:

I think Pickford's a very good player, my only concern is we've seen it before, a young promising English goalkeeper gets signed for big money and they kinda regress.

TSE, what odds will you give me that Everton finish above Liverpool?
  • Options
    All quiet on the Macron front

PB has no view
  • Options

Michael Keane would probably get in Liverpool's team
  • Options
    edited July 2017

tlg86 said:

He has been a British citizen since March 2015.
    He moved here to play tennis. It's like the Adnan Januzaj case.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Waters has been described byThe Daily Telegraph as being the "Joan of Arc" of neo-fascists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Marie_Waters

Bloody hell what a description.

Would she be the British Marine Le Pen then?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

A fair point. However, you should allow Evertonians some pre season optimism for once. It doesn't happen often.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,127
    Well I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that one of George Osborne's vanity projects is already turning into a financial and practical disaster.

So when will we get the next Hinkley update detailing another cost and time overrun ?

March 2018 is my guess.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Yes you have to find 10 teams who can finish above Everton. The 6 who did last year certainly. 4 others? West Ham, Leicester if they play much better. Maybe. 2 others are difficult to see. Newcastle would need many new signings...not so far. Southampton if they don't sell everyone again. Even they are a bit of a stretch.
    The danger is that 2 or 3 can always do better than predicted. Leicester two years ago obviously being a dramatic case in point, but if we're talking simply achieving top 10 there have been many more surprises than that.

Plus there's always the chance that EFC do worse than expected themselves.

I would not be tempted by 1.25 tied up for 10 months.
  • Options

Drutt said:

Reads like the exact opposite to me! With talk of a deal between her and Whittle it sounds like anything but a nod.
    If the 'UKIP sources' are the same as the unnamed UKIP MEPs I'd agree with you, but I think the HuffPo would have made it very clear indeed if that were the case.
  • Options
    Somewhat off topic, if not as much as kebabs, I had an interesting meeting with the fund managers looking after our corporate pension fund today. The take away point was that there is more than a trillion dollars of essentially untaxed money from US companies that their corporates cannot get into the US. $230bn from Apple alone. Trump is going to offer a window in which that money can be brought onshore for a highly advantageous tax rate with conditions that the money is invested in US industry. The effect should be QE on stilts with very positive effects on the USD and the rust bucket states. It may well lead to Trump's reelection and should fuel US growth. It will be a significant problem for Europe and London as a lot of the hot money there disappears.

I was told this should be in place by October. Might be well worth putting a bet on Trump in 2020 before then.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

I think Skybet are offering 7/2 on Everton finishing higher than Liverpool if you want to bet on that, that seems fair to me, especially if as it seems Everton sell Lukaku to your lot, and Liverpool are going to spend close to £200 million in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

They have to make up 15 points on a team that will be better then last season. Lukaku will go and they will play in a different way, instead of the big man up front with the piss poor first touch they will have someone who can hold it up.

Waiting to see what odds TSE offers me.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,355
    The public sector pay cap is receiving a lot of attention and not before time. I believe that this will finally 'out' Corbyn's incompetence on finance. Apparently to scrap the cap will cost 40 billion for this Parliament and this was not included in labour's manifesto.

The amount of the increase and how it is raised will be fascinating. The IFS just said that there is not enough money in labour's policy to tax the rich and corporations and that everyone will have to see their taxes increase, or experience big cuts in spending or very heavy borrowing.

Apparently the pay freeze has financed 200,000 public sector jobs

At last we should get the debate the GE missed
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

A fair point. However, you should allow Evertonians some pre season optimism for once. It doesn't happen often.
    I like Everton a lot, Bill Kenwright has a lot of class, as do a lot of their fans.

My biggest concern for Everton is to do with the manager, I've always got the feeling Koeman sees Everton as a stepping stone to a bigger club.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,762

The public sector pay cap is receiving a lot of attention and not before time. I believe that this will finally 'out' Corbyn's incompetence on finance. Apparently to scrap the cap will cost 40 billion for this Parliament and this was not included in labour's manifesto.

The amount of the increase and how it is raised will be fascinating. The IFS just said that there is not enough money in labour's policy to tax the rich and corporations and that everyone will have to see their taxes increase, or experience big cuts in spending or very heavy borrowing.

Have you got any sources for the £40bn and 200,000 jobs BigG? I'd be interested in understanding more.

Of course taxes will have to rise - services have to be paid for.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

I think Skybet are offering 7/2 on Everton finishing higher than Liverpool if you want to bet on that, that seems fair to me, especially if as it seems Everton sell Lukaku to your lot, and Liverpool are going to spend close to £200 million in the next few weeks.
    So are you not offering me odds then?

I would much rather have the bet with you as I don't have to tie my money up for almost a year, say £50 at 7/2 and I will donate any winnings to the site.
  • Options
    On the PL top 10, I think the 13/5 on Bournemouth making it is quite good.
  • Options

Well I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that one of George Osborne's vanity projects is already turning into a financial and practical disaster.

So when will we get the next Hinkley update detailing another cost and time overrun ?

March 2018 is my guess.

your optimism works against you :-)
  • Options
    One day someone will write a PhD thesis on who did most damage to the image of capitalism in Britain - Fred Goodwin, Philip Green or Mike Ashley.

' Sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley once hosted a management meeting in a pub where he drank 12 pints and vomited into a fireplace, a court has heard.

"By way of example, his ability to express boredom and frustration during client meetings knew no limits, including various episodes where he would lie underneath meeting room tables to 'have a nap'." '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40484091
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

The danger is that 2 or 3 can always do better than predicted. Leicester two years ago obviously being a dramatic case in point, but if we're talking simply achieving top 10 there have been many more surprises than that.

Plus there's always the chance that EFC do worse than expected themselves.

I would not be tempted by 1.25 tied up for 10 months.
    I think Huddersfield will do better than expected, Wagner has something about him
  • Options
    isam said:

Michael Keane would probably get in Liverpool's team
    I don't think 'pool will do well this year. Thie gegen press style combined with Chamions Leage will wear and injure them out by Christmas.

Huddersfield for top 10 wouldn't surprise me though.
  • Options

March 2018 is my guess.

We should have a sweep on the eventual cost - bet it's over £50bn!
  • Options
    Re football - just managed to get a £10.50 reduction on Sky's package including sport in HD - down from £83.50 per month to £73.00 per month by complaining that they were offering Sky sports to existing subscribers at £18 per month rather than £27.50 to those of us who have subscribed loyally for years.

It is worth making bit of a fuss
  • Options

March 2018 is my guess.

the cost of George Osborne is waaay beyond that
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

I like Everton a lot, Bill Kenwright has a lot of class, as do a lot of their fans.

My biggest concern for Everton is to do with the manager, I've always got the feeling Koeman sees Everton as a stepping stone to a bigger club.
    To use Everton as a stepping stone he first has to perform there to show how good he is. Plus with the money behind them and a new ground in the offing Everton are poised to be back at the top once again.

As someone that went to all the away games from the late 70's to the mid 80's let me tell you Everton fans were an absolute nightmare. Every club had them of course, particularly my lot, but a small group of Everton fans were especially vicious.
  • Options

Have you got any sources for the £40bn and 200,000 jobs BigG? I'd be interested in understanding more.

Sky quoted the figure based on 9 billion pa over the rest of the Parliament and the 200,000 jobs were quoted in the same report which included the piece to camera by the IFS
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Worked well for Moyes. Oh, actually not.
  • Options

PB has no view

He's just asked politicians to sack themselves and given terrorists an incentive for attacks.

Brave, as Sir Humphrey would say.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

So are you not offering me odds then?

I would much rather have the bet with you as I don't have to tie my money up for almost a year, say £50 at 7/2 and I will donate any winnings to the site.
    Agreed.

For the record, I'm worried about Liverpool, I can see us screwing up the play off match and tumbling into the Europa league, that's not a great way to start the season.
  • Options

Yes, although I think Big G is qualitatively right (hugely expensive, not costed, would be unwelcome question for LAB), I think the OBR said it would be a 9BN cost in the final year of the parliament and rather less each year before then, because fewer years' cumulative cap vs no-cap margin.

But I think Gove and Boris are raising it to put Hammond in a difficult spot. Useful to have Phil the REMAINer tell everyone 'sorry, no magic money tree at No 11'. Boosts LEAVE's cause, and their own in two years' time.
  • Options

March 2018 is my guess.

Is it a void bet if it never gets completed ?
  • Options

Re football - just managed to get a £10.50 reduction on Sky's package including sport in HD - down from £83.50 per month to £73.00 per month by complaining that they were offering Sky sports to existing subscribers at £18 per month rather than £27.50 to those of us who have subscribed loyally for years.

Still bloody pricey nonetheless.
  • Options
    The pay cap of 1% just about worked when inflation was about 1%. It will not work when inflation is 3%. That is kind of obvious.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

March 2018 is my guess.

Is it a void bet if it never gets completed ?
    worlds stupidest project you could give every household in the UK free solar panels and still have change
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050

Well done Big Man....I wish sports were free on terrestrial TV...
  • Options

PB has no view

He's just asked politicians to sack themselves and given terrorists an incentive for attacks.

Brave, as Sir Humphrey would say.
    I see he said "We have never needed Europe more."

I think he should have swapped the last two words.
  • Options
    brendan16brendan16 Posts: 2,315
    Isn't the other big problem UKIP have a lack of funding since Arron Banks left. Presumably the remaining couple of donors might call in their funds which might end up with the party going bankrupt,

But then I suppose if you want to make a splash and get noticed electing Bill Etheridge as leader is probably not going to get you very far.

You do wonder how different UK politics might have been had Steven Woolfe got his nomination papers in on time 12 months ago. Might he have succeeded leading UKIP backed fully by Farage where Nuttall failed spectacularly?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

dixiedean said:

Barcelona. Although Tbf, I reckon any PL manager would like to manage them. Apart from Jose and Benitez of course.
  • Options
    tyson said:

I said Jezza should have promised something like adding a certain number of live PL games to the Crown Jewels list. It might have made the difference.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,375
    The EP will love the spectacle of UKIP MEPs leaving UKIp en masse! Where will they go?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Drutt said:

Yes, although I think Big G is qualitatively right (hugely expensive, not costed, would be unwelcome question for LAB), I think the OBR said it would be a 9BN cost in the final year of the parliament and rather less each year before then, because fewer years' cumulative cap vs no-cap margin.

But I think Gove and Boris are raising it to put Hammond in a difficult spot. Useful to have Phil the REMAINer tell everyone 'sorry, no magic money tree at No 11'. Boosts LEAVE's cause, and their own in two years' time.
    It is not just cabinet minister, 40 conservative MP's have demanded the end of the freeze and they have the power.

I endorse their view and Theresa will test my membership if she does not agree a sensible deal for, in particular, the emergency services. However it needs to be addressed bottom up and nil at the higher salary levels
  • Options
    DavidL said:

The pay cap of 1% just about worked when inflation was about 1%. It will not work when inflation is 3%. That is kind of obvious.

We had to put up with it in 2011 when it got to 4.5%.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    One of my lefty friends on Facebook is interested in going to an event called 'Unseat Iain Duncan Smith'. It looks like a fairly well-attended canvassing session.

It's rather disturbing how Labour seem to want to fight a continuous election. It's almost as if the far left doesn't recognise any democratically elected representatives other than its own.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

isam said:

Ishmael_Z said:

pah who cares ?

The reason why it's been so long is that because Winter is Coming they had to wait for grim conditions to start filming.

The Northern Ireland bits were shot last August
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

She sounds barking but with the Tories and Labour having taken their clothes on Brexit, ending free movement and leaving the single market and in the Tories case grammar schools an anti radical Islam message in the style of the FN or AfD may be the best way for them to go after the recent terror attacks

It will at least give SeanT someone to vote for?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @Kevin_Maguire: Oooooh...Boris Johnson on Commons Terrace. Regular drinkers say not seen him before. Either bored or courting MPs for his Premiership bid
  • Options
    DavidL said:

CPI was at 4.5% in September 2011:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/l55o/mm23

The problem now is that nobody thinks "we're all in this together" any more and so everyone wants to have their own shake of the magic money tree.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291

One day someone will write a PhD thesis on who did most damage to the image of capitalism in Britain - Fred Goodwin, Philip Green or Mike Ashley.

' Sportswear tycoon Mike Ashley once hosted a management meeting in a pub where he drank 12 pints and vomited into a fireplace, a court has heard.

"By way of example, his ability to express boredom and frustration during client meetings knew no limits, including various episodes where he would lie underneath meeting room tables to 'have a nap'." '

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40484091

Sounds like he is in touch with lots of his customers...
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Actually the more interesting point he made, that the EU is an agent of economic nationalism, is wholly wrong. That misunderstanding doesn't bode well for the good Brexit deal he is supposedly working for as Brexit Minister.

Wishing the EU to disappear in a peaceful way is logical. If that happens (and there is no reason to believe it will in short order) the Brexit problem goes away.
    His fundamental point - a customs union is inimical to global free trade - is undoubtedly right though
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

DavidL said:

We had to put up with it in 2011 when it got to 4.5%.
    Yes but that was when the country was in even deeper shit than it at least appears to be right now and private sector alternatives were hard to come by.
  • Options
    tyson said:

Thanks Tyson - thought I would share it on here as the football season is not far away.

Mind you I have BT infinity so I get all the european matches on their platform for £3.50 per month
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Somewhat off topic, if not as much as kebabs, I had an interesting meeting with the fund managers looking after our corporate pension fund today. The take away point was that there is more than a trillion dollars of essentially untaxed money from US companies that their corporates cannot get into the US. $230bn from Apple alone. Trump is going to offer a window in which that money can be brought onshore for a highly advantageous tax rate with conditions that the money is invested in US industry. The effect should be QE on stilts with very positive effects on the USD and the rust bucket states. It may well lead to Trump's reelection and should fuel US growth. It will be a significant problem for Europe and London as a lot of the hot money there disappears.

I was told this should be in place by October. Might be well worth putting a bet on Trump in 2020 before then.

In the past tax amnesties have had bugger all impact on growth. They get spent on share but backs and other low multiplier items
  • Options

Drutt said:

It is not just cabinet minister, 40 conservative MP's have demanded the end of the freeze and they have the power.

I endorse their view and Theresa will test my membership if she does not agree a sensible deal for, in particular, the emergency services. However it needs to be addressed bottom up and nil at the higher salary levels
    Where's the logic in retaining the pensions triple lock, which necessarily ensures pension spending rises at inflation or better, whilst capping public sector workers pay?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,119
    Charles said:

FF43 said:

His fundamental point - a customs union is inimical to global free trade - is undoubtedly right though
    It's a completely banal point unless he is also arguing against the nation state. It's just a question of how widely the borders are drawn.
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

One of my lefty friends on Facebook is interested in going to an event called 'Unseat Iain Duncan Smith'. It looks like a fairly well-attended canvassing session.

It's rather disturbing how Labour seem to want to fight a continuous election. It's almost as if the far left doesn't recognise any democratically elected representatives other than its own.

It's a cult - see if they are around in 2022
  • Options
    RoyalBlue said:

What is disturbing about canvassing?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Charles said:

isam said:

Ishmael_Z said:

pah who cares ?

The reason why it's been so long is that because Winter is Coming they had to wait for grim conditions to start filming.

they've been cut out of the programme because of the DUP

it's now called It Aint half hot Mum

• Options

DavidL said:

CPI was at 4.5% in September 2011:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/timeseries/l55o/mm23

The problem now is that nobody thinks "we're all in this together" any more and so everyone wants to have their own shake of the magic money tree.
    "We're all in this together" must go down as one of the most cynical slogans ever!
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    tlg86 said:

tyson said:

I said Jezza should have promised something like adding a certain number of live PL games to the Crown Jewels list. It might have made the difference.
    Maybe Bojo or Tessa or Gove could go this way...at the moment the Tories seem to be auctioning the spit roasting of their grandparents to secure their respective positions....
  • Options

Waters has been described byThe Daily Telegraph as being the "Joan of Arc" of neo-fascists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Marie_Waters

Bloody hell what a description.

Would she be the British Marine Le Pen then?

Much as such views are abhorrent to most people, this sort of positioning is the only one that allows UKIP to fill any sort of gap in the political market - with the Tories being anti-EU, economically prudent and doing their best to be more socially liberal, a further right socially conservative economically interventionist spot is the only one that allows them to retain any sort of core vote, small though it may be.
  • Options

Drutt said:

Where's the logic in retaining the pensions triple lock, which necessarily ensures pension spending rises at inflation or better, whilst capping public sector workers pay?
    I agree with you but I think you need to ask Corbyn why he rejected such a progressive measure along with the dementia tax.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

RoyalBlue said:

What is disturbing about canvassing?
    Right now I would imagine there will be a lot of slammed doors - the public are weary
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,775
    Charles said:

FF43 said:

That's wrong. The barriers are the same to the outer world whether the line is drawn at national borders or at the outer edge of the customs union. Inside the customs union however the trade is free. If we take the UK as an example it's the difference between 50% free trade (to the EU) and 50% not free (to RoW) compared with 100% (to EU and RoW). For simplicity I make a binary distinction between free and not free , but trade within the SIngle Market will always be free-er than outside it.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    weve already established nobody reads the FT except people waiting for job interviews in nail bars

move on
  • Options

Charles said:

FF43 said:

It's a completely banal point unless he is also arguing against the nation state. It's just a question of how widely the borders are drawn.
    It's not banal. It's an important reason why the UK has historically opposed customs unions from the Zollverien onwards
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@Kevin_Maguire: Oooooh...Boris Johnson on Commons Terrace. Regular drinkers say not seen him before. Either bored or courting MPs for his Premiership bid

He's probably just lost.
  • Options

Charles said:

isam said:

Ishmael_Z said:

pah who cares ?

they've beeen cut out of the programme because of the DUP

I'd have thought the Lannisters would be DUPpers
  • Options

Drutt said:

One of many paradoxes of the public sector cap is that by taking early retirement, I can have a pension that goes up by RPI, but by continuing to work I gain no more pension. The 2% real terms annual pay cut caused by 3% inflation outweighs any extra pension gained. There is a direct incentive to retire for all senior grades, at a time when recruitment is a major problem.
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506

Scott_P said:
    weve already established nobody reads the FT except people waiting for job interviews in nail bars

move on
    I do
  • Options
    Charles said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Ishmael_Z said:

pah who cares ?

they've beeen cut out of the programme because of the DUP

I'd have thought the Lannisters would be DUPpers
    sheesh

Starks obviously - theyre in the North

or possibly Snows - Northern Bastards

The Lannisters live in London
This discussion has been closed.