Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Punters continue to sell CON seats on the spreads – now down t

Comments

• Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,047
    RobD said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:

@RobBurl: #marr line up taking shape - in a week when security and policing has taken centre stage, Shadow Home Secretary @HackneyAbbott joins us

Oh Gawd! Please keep her away. Pretty pretty please!
    Shouldn't the shadow home secretary be scrutinised? :p
    Thank God I'll be in SL by Sunday.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,708
    edited May 2017
    calum said:
    Why are Tories' arms so long?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Good evening. Have we had any polls since the one showing Labour on 38%?
  • Options
    WTF has Theresa May done to her hair - looks like my mum's had a go at it with a pudding basin
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

ab195 said:

surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

Today we are hearing that the Security services have been successful and have raided 12 homes .

Great ! Why didn't they do it last week, last month, last year.

Apparently, Labour will be weak on terrorism. Well, Manchester happened under Theresa May's watch ! She was the Home Secretary and now the Prime Minister.

The failure of the Intelligence is glaring.

That's a stupid comment. Plenty of terrorist outrages have happened under every government of the past 50 years. Most get stopped, but a few get through.
    Then why accuse the next government if it happens under every government. The failure regarding Manchester is incredible if so many cells can now be found. This government was weak on terrorism.

11 people now arrested. What a failure.
    You do realise you are insulting the police, intelligence agencies, military, and civil servants who work night and day to keep you safe? People who do not do it or for the money, but because they care about you? People who bust a gut to disrupt terror plots all the time and sacrifice time with their families to do so? I can't use the words I'd like to use to describe you.
    No. I am accusing Theresa May who cut their funding.
    The intelligence services have had very big increases in funding.
    Whereas a Labour shadow cabinet member wanted MI5 abolished.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,098
    AndyJS said:

One in the Sun had Con 44% Lab 36%.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Scott_P said:

@RobBurl: #marr line up taking shape - in a week when security and policing has taken centre stage, Shadow Home Secretary @HackneyAbbott joins us

No, no, no - lets hear what she has to say.
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    IanB2 said:

calum said:
    Why are Tories' arms so long?
    Because they practice knuckle-dragging, wiping snot on their sleeves, showing the tops of their arse-cracks, etc., before they go out canvassing in unprivileged areas.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,678
    Down to 100? People are still way too optimistic
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

nunu said:

Are we really saying this doesn't help radicalise some people in part:

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/868116290539540481

Despicable. And of course no-one will bat an eyelid here! F*cking western hypocrisy!
    Most of them ISIS human shields, unfortunately you will not free Mosul without civiliancasualties
    That maybe so but are attacks on human shields lawful? I know the Yanks are not the most disciplined and law abiding military in the World.

Corbyn is 100% right - events like this only help the radicalisation process.
    It eas no a deliberate attack on civilians but you cannot defeat ISIS otherwise this is a war not a human rights seminar
    You think our masters care about killing civilians?
    Yes. I know they do. As do the people in the armed forces.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Only the Murali_s family and friends poll - (N=11)

Labour = 7
    Conservative = 2
    LD = 1
    Not sure / won't vote = 1

• Options
    surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

Today we are hearing that the Security services have been successful and have raided 12 homes .

Apparently, Labour will be weak on terrorism. Well, Manchester happened under Theresa May's watch ! She was the Home Secretary and now the Prime Minister.

That's a stupid comment. Plenty of terrorist outrages have happened under every government of the past 50 years. Most get stopped, but a few get through.
    Then why accuse the next government if it happens under every government. The failure regarding Manchester is incredible if so many cells can now be found. This government was weak on terrorism.

How will we get on without MI5?

BTW do some people in your party still want a peoples militia?
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    The moment the snake begins eating its own tail

https://twitter.com/HichamYezza/status/868182862415228929
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,127
    AndyJS said:

There was one for SurveyMoney in the Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3659489/tories-set-to-increase-majority-as-sun-poll-shows-them-with-eight-point-lead-over-labour-because-voters-want-may-as-pm/
  • Options
    calum said:
    His advice would be more powerful had he followed it while he was President.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,478
    Cyan said:

nunu said:

twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/868116290539540481

Missing the point, I'm afraid. Read what Daesh write: they don't hate us because of what we do, they hate us because of what we are (kaffir) - and we could stop fighting them and they would still fight us and try to kill us.
    That last bit is NOT what they say. Jimmy Rushmore quoted out of context in his tweet. (He fooled me for a while into thinking the Daesh propaganda line had changed more than it has.) You can download issue 15 of Dabiq and read the article "Why We Hate You and Why We Fight You" for yourself. What they actually say is this:
    Even if you were to pay jizyah and live under the authority of Islam in humiliation, we would continue to hate you. No doubt, we would stop fighting you then as we would stop fighting any disbelievers who enter into a covenant with us, but we would not stop hating you.
    (emphasis added)

I'm pretty sure you've misunderstood that segment. They're not saying they won't fight us if we don't fight them; they're saying they won't fight us if we surrender to them and pay the Jizda, essentially making us dhimmis in an Islamic State.

Unless you're expecting us to do that?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    MTimT said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

nunu said:

Despicable. And of course no-one will bat an eyelid here! F*cking western hypocrisy!
    Most of them ISIS human shields, unfortunately you will not free Mosul without civiliancasualties
    That maybe so but are attacks on human shields lawful? I know the Yanks are not the most disciplined and law abiding military in the World.

It eas no a deliberate attack on civilians but you cannot defeat ISIS otherwise this is a war not a human rights seminar
    Some in the armed forces care, certainly. Others don't give a toss and would love to wipe the "Muzzies" and "Pakis" out, civilians included. You can find both attitudes on the main unofficial online discussion site for the British army, Arrse.co.uk.

As for our masters, come the f*** on. Their hearts don't bleed for the hoi polloi, never have.
  • Options
    bobajobPBbobajobPB Posts: 1,042
    Freggles said:

Good grief.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    bobajobPB said:

Freggles said:

Good grief.
    If Jeremy said squares had four sides, Fallon would be on the box within minutes to denounce him for saying triangles had 5 sides
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,309
    MTimT said:

calum said:
    Eh? Can't see that there was anything O did that wasn't. He even nominated a Republican for the Supreme Court, but sadly one who wasn't crazy enough for the fundies.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

nunu said:

You serious? The Americans don't give a sh*t about the Geneva convention. They will do whatever they want to do knowing they will get away with it. Without the prospect of having any ramifications, why would any military care? Thankfully we are better...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Cyan said:

MTimT said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

nunu said:

Some in the armed forces care, certainly. Others don't give a toss and would love to wipe the "Muzzies" and "Pakis" out, civilians included. You can find both attitudes on the main unofficial online discussion site for the British army, Arrse.co.uk.

As for our masters, come the f*** on. Their hearts don't bleed for the hoi polloi, never have.
    Well, having seen up close the deliberation at the highest level as to whether to send in the missiles or not, my direct experience is the exact opposite - the guys and gals at the very top agonize over every decision to go kinetic.

But I am sure your dogma is more reliable than my evidence.
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223
    Cyan said:

surbiton said:

So you wanted them to raid the homes of all the random family, friends and acquaintances of every one of the 3000 people they currently have on their lists? Assuming they only raid the homes of 12 people associated with each person that is still 36,000 raids. On people against whom they have no evidence apart from the fact they happen to know someone who has appeared on the Security Service's radar.

Hell, with the 5 degrees of separation rule they will probably be knocking on your door in that case.
    Of course MI5 won't stop every intending terrorist before he starts carrying a bomb. There needs to be tighter physical security at crowded events and locations. Unfortunately my point that Britain could learn from Israel in that department got swamped because I noted my opposition to the existence of that regime. But that is neither here nor there. At the very least, security staff at sports stadiums, railway stations and shopping centres need to be talked to by the army and meet soldiers regularly. Security when there hasn't been an attack for a while can be disgracefully lax. Often those who work in security are knuckleheads with a bad attitude towards "the public" generally (there should be more education of the population too - there is a role for almost everyone who goes out of the house), and many security teams are gangster-linked and sometimes they are interested most of all in selling drugs, stopping anyone else selling drugs, and ensuring that the only people with shooters in their belts are in their own gang. (FFS, Manchester!) The country could be better equipped against the threat of these attacks, without MI5 busting down the doors of everyone 3 degrees of separation away from a known jihad fan, without the state interning thousands of people, etc. (which wouldn't work anyway).

It's good that some newspapers have noticed by now that security at the Manchester Arena was crap. (FT, Metro, etc.)
    Opposition to the existence of Israel is opposition to the existence of its citizens.

I think that tells us all we need to know.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Freggles said:

bobajobPB said:

Freggles said:

Good grief.
    If Jeremy said squares had four sides, Fallon would be on the box within minutes to denounce him for saying triangles had 5 sides
    Fallon looks very much like a minister in a government that's on its way to an electoral defeat, to the rubbish bin where it belongs. His job is mainly signing weapons deals, including to Salafist headchoppers. A convicted drunk driver, a parliamentary expenses over-claimer who said his overclaims could be "reassigned" to other expenses once he got found out, and the Tory MP for Sevenoaks - he'll make sure we're all safe. Right. He
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,477
    RobD said:

AndyJS said:

There was one for SurveyMoney in the Sun.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3659489/tories-set-to-increase-majority-as-sun-poll-shows-them-with-eight-point-lead-over-labour-because-voters-want-may-as-pm/
    'On a uniform national swing, this would see the Tories take 355 seats against Labour’s 216.'

So despite PBTory wobbles on that poll Corbyn would still have the fewest number of Labour MPs since Foot in 1983 and May the largest number of MPs since Thatcher in 1987
  • Options

MTimT said:

calum said:
    Eh? Can't see that there was anything O did that wasn't. He even nominated a Republican for the Supreme Court, but sadly one who wasn't crazy enough for the fundies.
    Called Republican voters the enemy, called GOP members of Congress 'terrorists', failed to condemn an attack ad for a Dem candidate that had a GOP candidate literally in the crosshairs ... I could go on, but life is too short.

Obama is not the saint Europeans seem to think he is.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,477
    MTimT said:

MTimT said:

calum said:
    Called Republican voters the enemy, called GOP members of Congress 'terrorists', failed to condemn an attack ad for a Dem candidate that had a GOP candidate literally in the crosshairs ... I could go on, but life is too short.

Agreed but he was still probably the most popular US president in Europe since JFK
  • Options
    ChelyabinskChelyabinsk Posts: 488

MTimT said:

calum said:
    'Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.'
  • Options

twitter.com/hendopolis/status/868204262689583104

Hm, I had thought Corbyn had done that, but okay.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

AndyJS said:

One in the Sun had Con 44% Lab 36%.
    Thanks. I've been incommunicado for a few days.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

No government, Labour or Conservative, has ever been led by someone with such an ......equivocal record on terrorism as Corbyn. Labour politicians like Roy Jenkins, Merlin Rees, or Roy Mason did not demonstrate when members of the IRA went on trial, or vote against every piece of anti-terrorist legislation. They didn't call for MI5 to be disbanded, or welcome the defeat of the British State.

11 people arrested sounds like a considerable success.
    The Greater Manchester Police are under the command of Andy Burnham, and until a month ago the Labour PCC.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,262
    edited May 2017
    In case anyone thought my reports from Torbay a little too wearing of the rose-tinted-spectacles for the blues:

http://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2017/05/gimsons-election-diary-torquay-appears-totally-unmoved-by-the-care-for-the-elderly-row.html
  • Options
    calum said:
    They have all had a very good election, when compared to Diane Abbot.

OK, maybe Fallon not so much....but he's not even in touching distance of Diane's calamity.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    Just caught the last 5 minutes of audience interview with Welsh LIb Dems leader Mark Williams-seems like he was having a hard time over the 1p income tax rise for NHS
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    murali_s said:

Scott_P said:

That hardly inspires confidence in the Shadow Home Secretary, has Diane Abbott been about in the media at all over the last few days?
  • Options
    fitalass said:

murali_s said:

Scott_P said:

That hardly inspires confidence in the Shadow Home Secretary, has Diane Abbott been about in the media at all over the last few days?
    She popped up to say she's "moved on" from her "every defeat of the British state" comment. :p
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,229
    What could he say, apart from "I'm sorry, I've suddenly gone deaf, I can't hear what you're saying. Goodness, is that the time? I have train to catch."
  • Options
    bobajobPBbobajobPB Posts: 1,042
    Freggles said:

bobajobPB said:

Freggles said:

Good grief.
    :smiley:
  • Options
    MTimT said:

MTimT said:

calum said:

Utter nonsense. Most Republicans, including the current incumbent were questioning his very origin and right to be President. He had far more thrown at him by the fundies than he threw at others.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,137
    Corbyn clip on BBC news not very flattering I think.
  • Options
    TMA1TMA1 Posts: 225

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

No government, Labour or Conservative, has ever been led by someone with such an ......equivocal record on terrorism as Corbyn. Labour politicians like Roy Jenkins, Merlin Rees, or Roy Mason did not demonstrate when members of the IRA went on trial, or vote against every piece of anti-terrorist legislation. They didn't call for MI5 to be disbanded, or welcome the defeat of the British State.

The Greater Manchester Police are under the command of Andy Burnham, and until a month ago the Labour PCC.
    is that meant to be a serious comment?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,684
    News at 10 was pretty awful for Corbyn.
  • Options

calum said:
    They have all had a very good election, when compared to Diane Abbot.

OK, maybe Fallon not so much....but he's not even in touching distance of Diane's calamity.
    Your blind loyalty to the cause is so sweet. Hearts!
  • Options
    That strikes me as a high-risk strategy. Wouldn't it be better to leave it to the press to attack Corbyn, rather than doing it herself - which could easily be interpreted as trying to use the bombing for party political advantage? Presumably this means she's so rattled that she doesn't think she has any choice.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

MTimT said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

nunu said:

You serious? The Americans don't give a sh*t about the Geneva convention. They will do whatever they want to do knowing they will get away with it. Without the prospect of having any ramifications, why would any military care? Thankfully we are better...
    They very much do. The traditional way of war is to kill everything that moves, and burn everything that doesn't. That's not how the UK or USA fight.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

True. Andy Burnham is not a nut.
  • Options
    Chris said:

That strikes me as a high-risk strategy. Wouldn't it be better to leave it to the press to attack Corbyn, rather than doing it herself - which could easily be interpreted as trying to use the bombing for party political advantage? Presumably this means she's so rattled that she doesn't think she has any choice.
    It's high risk if something can credibly be pinned on her.

If not, it's overdue.
  • Options
    blueblueblueblue Posts: 875
    Chris said:

Corbyn just relaunched his campaign with a major speech on terrorism being our fault, thus "using the bombing for party political advantage". His choice. He opened up the way for the Tory attack machine, and by God does it need to get stuck into this hard.
  • Options
    glw said:

surbiton said:

About 250-300 people a year are arrested on terrorism offences, and that rate of arrests has been going for at least 5 or 6 years now.

So 11 isn't even a month's quota if you want to look at it like that.

Not that you are interested in such stuff, as is abundantly clear from your increasingly stupid posts.
    There are a few more like him.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Chris said:

It's high risk if something can credibly be pinned on her.

If not, it's overdue.
    I mean it's high risk for her to do it personally rather than leaving it to others - because there's a danger that she, personally, may be seen to be trying to use the bombing for political advantage.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    calum said:
    Talking to Tories is beneath contempt. They should have expelled without appeal.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

murali_s said:

MTimT said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

HYUFD said:

murali_s said:

nunu said:

They very much do. The traditional way of war is to kill everything that moves, and burn everything that doesn't. That's not how the UK or USA fight.
    Abu Ghraib , just for starters.

http://www.antiwar.com/news/?articleid=8560
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    So income tax rates of 60 to 70% for the top 5% of earners under Corbyn?

How else can he raise the £40bn he needs from them otherwise?
  • Options
    blueblue said:

Chris said:

Corbyn just relaunched his campaign with a major speech on terrorism being our fault, thus "using the bombing for party political advantage". His choice. He opened up the way for the Tory attack machine, and by God does it need to get stuck into this hard.
    I think you're making my point. If Corbyn is being attacked for making the bombing a political issue, isn't it unwise for May to lay herself open to the same charge by responding in kind? When instead she could leave the responding to others and serenely ascend to the moral high ground?
  • Options

Borrow. Money is cheap. Every government borrows. Option will be to use QE.
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658

OT, someone needs to design a PolicalBetting mobile app. Nightmare reading this on my phone.

And if I click the 'mobile friendly' option when opening the page in my phone browser, only the article loads up, not the comments.

Seconded. Every day. Please.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Prodicus said:

OT, someone needs to design a PolicalBetting mobile app. Nightmare reading this on my phone.

And if I click the 'mobile friendly' option when opening the page in my phone browser, only the article loads up, not the comments.

Seconded. Every day. Please.

You talking about the comments? When on my phone I read through this link - http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussions

On my computer I use the main site.
  • Options
    Chris said:

blueblue said:

Chris said:

I think you're making my point. If Corbyn is being attacked for making the bombing a political issue, isn't it unwise for May to lay herself open to the same charge by responding in kind? When instead she could leave the responding to others and serenely ascend to the moral high ground?
    Serenity and the high ground are worthless when Corbyn is dominating the airwaves, climbing in the polls, and making us look weak. Voters respect strength, so let's show Corbyn what being a "nasty Tory" is really all about.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Free government bonds?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chris said:

What could he say, apart from "I'm sorry, I've suddenly gone deaf, I can't hear what you're saying. Goodness, is that the time? I have train to catch."
    This should be shared as much as possible. This guy does not know his arse from his elbow. It's frightening, he is Britain's Defence Secretary.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    So

I am home after the pb.com event at Lord Raglan

I wish to record my official thanks to Mike and Steve for organising it. And to all those nice people I met tonight familiar and not so familiar.

So tomorrow - the most important night in British polling history

Let's hope we can continue to carry the torch of freedom and that the enemy within of Labour do not come along to steal it!

Goodnight all

• Options
    Brilliant! Condemned by both his own words and his own silences.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,073

Corbyn clip on BBC news not very flattering I think.

Even the soft lefties at the BBC surely realise they need to do their bit against Corbyn. This isn't Blair 97
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

So

I wish to record my official thanks to Mike and Steve for organising it. And to all those nice people I met tonight familiar and not so familiar.

Let's hope we can continue to carry the torch of freedom and that the enemy within of Labour do not come along to steal it!

Goodnight all

Bootle take Con!
  • Options
    blueblue said:

Chris said:

blueblue said:

Chris said:

Serenity and the high ground are worthless when Corbyn is dominating the airwaves, climbing in the polls, and making us look weak. Voters respect strength, so let's show Corbyn what being a "nasty Tory" is really all about.
    Well, again, I think that's what I'm saying. Theresa May presumably thinks her position is not strong enough to avoid taking the risk. If she felt she had a choice she would certainly not want to appear a "nasty Tory".
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Ave_it said:

So

Goodnight all

Before you go,any news on watford new manager ?
  • Options
    blueblue said:

twitter.com/Conservatives/status/868217762027536384

Hmmmm. what are the odds that was a real technical fault? LOL
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Remind me of our current interest repayments.

You know, as money is cheap.

Then tell us what happens when because of your parties idiotic policies money is no longer cheap, what do we do then?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Chris said:

This should be shared as much as possible. This guy does not know his arse from his elbow. It's frightening, he is Britain's Defence Secretary.
    Well, he doesn't know his Johnson from his Jez. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    The Tories are mistaken to focus exclusively on Corbyn. Corbyn's press for 2 years has been awful, so people have thought that one through - it'll be enough for a decent May majority. But the lode Is exhausted now. People are thinking about policies and how they might affect their lives now. And the Tories are just offering more of the same pain.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

Ave_it said:

So

Goodnight all

Not confirmed but Silva from Hull likely

Sorry you didn't win the playoffs - I wanted Bradford to go up!
  • Options
    surbiton said:

QE? hang on, I thought inflation was bad?
  • Options
    No_Offence_AlanNo_Offence_Alan Posts: 3,950
    blueblue said:

Chris said:

blueblue said:

Chris said:

That might involve May actually answering a question, which is a big risk.
  • Options
    Chris said:

blueblue said:

Chris said:

blueblue said:

Chris said:

Well, again, I think that's what I'm saying. Theresa May presumably thinks her position is not strong enough to avoid taking the risk. If she felt she had a choice she would certainly not want to appear a "nasty Tory".
    The sooner she realises this isn't a stroll in the park, the better.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,068
    blueblue said:

I'm not sure it's as effective as some on here think. It doesn't seem to me to indicate that he's a supporter of terrorism but a pacifist. Whether the public have a problem with pacifists I don't know but the poll posted earlier indicate not.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    surbiton said:

calum said:
    Talking to Tories is beneath contempt. They should have expelled without appeal.
    surbiton said:

calum said:
    You really don't get just how toxic the relationship is between the SNP grouping and their opponents in Aberdeen City Council, but then neither did Kezia Dugdale! Just ask yourself why those decent and hardworking Labour councillors felt compelled to make the decision they did at the risk of being suspended, or worse expelled from their party. Or why one of the Libdem councillors crossed the floor to become an Independant. Its pretty hard to accept your party Leader demanding you do not go into coalition with a party that inposes 'austerity', but would accept you working with the SNP at a local level while their Government at Holyrood is the one really imposing austerity that is effecting the delivery of vital local services!
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Ave_it said:

Ave_it said:

So

Goodnight all

Not confirmed but Silva from Hull likely

Sorry you didn't win the playoffs - I wanted Bradford to go up!
    I think he will do well if you get him.

Thanks bud.
  • Options
    Floater said:

surbiton said:

£435 bn of QE to save banker lifestyles didn't seem to result in much inflation, did it?
  • Options

Floater said:

surbiton said:

£435 bn of QE to save banker lifestyles didn't seem to result in much inflation, did it?
    Who knows what the inflation rate would have been with out.
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311
    edited May 2017
    Freggles said:

He won't be the last politician to do this. I like Labour's attitude at the moment. Are you pro trident? Yes the party is pro trident. Are you anti trident? Well yes Jeremy has always been anti trident and will be a strong advocate for this. Cake and eat it!
  • Options
    Roger said:

blueblue said:

I'm not sure it's as effective as some on here think. It doesn't seem to me to indicate that he's a supporter of terrorism but a pacifist. Whether the public have a problem with pacifists I don't know but the poll posted earlier indicate not.
    Did you support a united Ireland in the 80s?
  • Options
  • Options
    If she felt there was a risk of Jezza as PM, why did she call the election?

• Options
    Just out of interest, in 1983 of course Michael Foot was attacked mercilessly by the press (and Kenny Everett). But I can't call to mind any personal attacks made directly on him by Margaret Thatcher. I may be wrong, though. Do other people remember such personal attacks, or did Thatcher leave them to others?
  • Options

The Tories are mistaken to focus exclusively on Corbyn. Corbyn's press for 2 years has been awful, so people have thought that one through - it'll be enough for a decent May majority. But the lode Is exhausted now. People are thinking about policies and how they might affect their lives now. And the Tories are just offering more of the same pain.
    Corbyn says NATO is a 'Frankenstein' organisation and refuses 6 times to guarantee a Trident replacement.
    Whilst Corbyn brushes up his alt-lefty credentials May is successfully dealing with real matters at the G7.
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311

I have to disagree with you there. People in general are not interested in politics aside from a few days near elections. And up to now the only stuff I have seen about Corbyn and terrorists is the momentum disinformation Facebook meme, which makes out Corbyn ran the NI peace process and TMay is supplying arms to ISIS.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Chris said:

Just out of interest, in 1983 of course Michael Foot was attacked mercilessly by the press (and Kenny Everett). But I can't call to mind any personal attacks made directly on him by Margaret Thatcher. I may be wrong, though. Do other people remember such personal attacks, or did Thatcher leave them to others?

Thatcher always seemed to have more respect for Michael Foot than she did for Neil Kinnock.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

If she felt there was a risk of Jezza as PM, why did she call the election?

Last chance to rescue Labour from Momentum before they put through rule changes to entrench their position at this year's party conf.

You underestimate Mrs May's altruism.
  • Options
    ab195ab195 Posts: 477

Floater said:

surbiton said:

Suggest you go away and read up on QE. It doesn't work how you seem to think it does.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Floater said:

surbiton said:

Who knows what the inflation rate would have been with out.
    Indeed, but that still doesn't detract from the premise that QE since 2008 has had little inflationary impact. And if QE is good enough to protect banker lifestyles then it could be good enough for a spot of nationalising utilities. Nothing wrong with the concept.

Not that I personally see this as desirable. I'd far rather see effective regulation than nationalisation.

• Options
    Sir David Butler v Lord Ashcroft

Fight! Fight! Fight!
This discussion has been closed.