Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » For first time since being sacked after getting GE2005 spot on

1235»

Comments

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,096

Looks like we're reaching black swan time.

https://twitter.com/henrikenderlein/status/846398833747775488

2 new French polls today

Opinionway

1st round Le Pen 26% Macron 24% Fillon 20% Melenchon 13% Hamon 11%

Runoff Macron 61% Le Pen 39%

http://presicote.factoviz.com/index/more/id/qoo_lew_1

Ifop

1st round Macron 25.5% Le Pen 25% Fillon 17.5% Melenchon 14% Hamon 10.5%

Runoff Macron 60.5% Le Pen 39.5%
    http://dataviz.ifop.com:8080/IFOP_ROLLING/IFOP_27-03-2017.pdf
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

It seems that once again May has acted in a high-handed manner while committing strategic gaffes. She badly overrates herself.

twitter.com/hendopolis/status/846458583604695040

That's because the deal can't take any longer...
  • Options
    chestnut said:

It seems that once again May has acted in a high-handed manner while committing strategic gaffes. She badly overrates herself.

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/846458583604695040

She said she'd trigger A50 by March 2017. She's doing to do it.

Unless you're saying she's in the Iraqi Army.
    No no its May suggesting the glam days of flying are long gone.. Mr Glenn is to the Mile-high Club what SeanT is to impressionable Remoaners (emphasis on moan.)
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Will TSE get banned for breaking the 10.00pm embargo on GfK's poll and thereby stealing OGH's thunder?

TSE posting too soon again? :o Say it ain't so...
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

Btw .... in what way is GfK the same as NOP twelve years after the latter last produced a poll? Not only has it changed its name (for the worse imho), but it's doubtless run by different people, including Keiran Pedley by way of an example.
    At one time NOP ruled the roost when it was the house pollster for the Daily Mail.

Yes - for many years it produced pretty well weekly polls for the Daily Mail.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,106
    chestnut said:

The meeting that was supposed to put Sturgeon back in her box ends up merely confirming the validity of the SNP's timeline. May hasn't got it.

https://twitter.com/peston/status/846442312926478336
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Macron is a pain for Merkel. Another federalising French man who would like the Germans to pay for everything.
  • Options

kle4 said:

So if Macron wins will there be a backup world leader liberal leading light to overhype in case the shine wears of Trudeau?

Trudeau is just a good-looking over-achiever with the right father. Macron could write himself into the history books.
    BillyG I agree with you (First time and all that.)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Will TSE get banned for breaking the 10.00pm embargo on GfK's poll and thereby stealing OGH's thunder?

The pollster brought forward their embargo.
  • Options
    Corbyn now has a 1% lower favourable rating than Trump in the UK
    https://twitter.com/keiranpedley/status/846452763160707078
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

chestnut said:

The meeting that was supposed to put Sturgeon back in her box ends up merely confirming the validity of the SNP's timeline. May hasn't got it.

It suggests that May knows a lot more than she is presently revealing.

Ratification with take how long after the draft deal is agreed?
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,604
    glw said:

Jason said:

Jason said:

What a dreary oaf that Starmer fella is. Wooden doesn't begin to describe him.

Yes - if he gets the top job in Labour, he's going to make Theresa May look like Captain Excitement....
    I've never seen him smile. Has anyone? There's something very odd about him. I know that's not unusual for a Lefty, but still.
    He does come across as the sort of person you would hate to be sat next to on a plane or at a dinner. Maybe he's different in private but he won't be judged on that basis.
    Speak for yourself. Just before Christmas I was at a fundraising dinner where he was the guest speaker and was very pleased to have had a chat of several minutes with him on matters Brexit.

Starmer comes across as unflappable, serious and competent as well as having a sharp debating mind. All the sort of qualities that caused John Smith to gain a lot of respect well before he eventually became Labour leader.
  • Options

9% of Remain votes think Brexit was the right decision and 9% dont know. So nearly 20% of Remain voters arent sure about remaining in the EU.. I look forward to a thread on this..

I voted Remain by I dare not suffer the same fate as Orpheus...
    A PB meet-up at a karaoke bar then..
    Or Oasis

Having said that I'm a big country fan you're more likely to hear that :)
    Well Don't Look Back in Anger and Stop Crying Your Heart Out at Leaving the EU. Stand By Me (or SeanT if he's paying) at the PB meet-up for a Champagne Supernova that will be Supersonic and make you Live Forever taking you All Around The World till you are Half A World Away as you wake with Morning Glory (OK I'll stop now..)
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,131
    tlg86 said:

AndyJS said:

tlg86 said:

AndyJS said:

tlg86 said:

Does anyone believe that this audience voted 52:48 in favour of Leave?

Were they more Remain or Leave?
    What do you think?!
    I got distracted from watching the programme so don't know.
    I'd say it sounds more like 80:20 Remain.
    Remainers are just VERY LOUD.... Leavers are muttering under their breath "yeah, whatever mate.....loser...."
  • Options

kle4 said:

So if Macron wins will there be a backup world leader liberal leading light to overhype in case the shine wears of Trudeau?

Trudeau is just a good-looking over-achiever with the right father. Macron could write himself into the history books.
    Macron is slightly to Trudeau's right on economics, about the same on social issues, I can't see him ousting Trudeau as the current liberal/left poster boy
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    HYUFD said:

Will be interesting to se the Tables
  • Options
    Apparently the fieldwork for this poll was March 1st - March 15th - which makes it rather old. Rather surprised to see it conducted over such an extended period as two weeks!
  • Options
    chestnut said:

twitter.com/hendopolis/status/846458583604695040

Star Wars has shown us that invoking Article 50 may involve some unintended casualties... :smiley:
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

9% of Remain votes think Brexit was the right decision and 9% dont know. So nearly 20% of Remain voters arent sure about remaining in the EU.. I look forward to a thread on this..

Or Oasis

Well Don't Look Back in Anger and Stop Crying Your Heart Out at Leaving the EU. Stand By Me (or SeanT if he's paying) at the PB meet-up for a Champagne Supernova that will be Supersonic and make you Live Forever taking you All Around The World till you are Half A World Away as you wake with Morning Glory (OK I'll stop now..)
    I always thought "Don't Cry for Me Manuel Barroso" (the truth is, I never left you...) would work well
  • Options

RobD said:

Cheeky buggers.
  • Options
    YossariansChildYossariansChild Posts: 536
    edited March 2017
    Watching the QT Brexit special. Only thing that shines forth is that Keir Stammer is Camden's Jim Gilmore.

(Edited for more Gilmore)
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

Watching the QT Brexit special. Only thing that shines forth is that Keir Stammer is no threat..

Pound shop Tristam Hunt....
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Apparently the fieldwork for this poll was March 1st - March 15th - which makes it rather old. Rather surprised to see it conducted over such an extended period as two weeks!

To ensure their methodology is robust.

It should be noted that GfK, along side IPSOS Mori,help produce the exit poll that's proven so accurate at recent general elections.
  • Options
    I thought the Scots were turning against the idea of independence on account of their rapidly running out of oil ...... but now we hear this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-39406131
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    chestnut said:

chestnut said:

It suggests that May knows a lot more than she is presently revealing.

Ratification with take how long after the draft deal is agreed?
    6 months - plenty time for I2 !
  • Options
    Big cheer for Davis after he tells Clegg 'membership and access to the single market are different things'
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951

Mortimer said:

Jim Gilmore could only dream of such support.....

Good to see you in these parts.

We're having an article 50 drinks at Truckles on Wednesday 29th March, 6pm, if you fancy it?
    That's very kind alas I'm in East Yorkshire and suffering a bad dose of Depression right now so a social function in London is out i'm afraid. Appreciate the offer though.
    Sorry to hear about that Mr Child. Hope things improve soon.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Perhaps his greatest achievement yet?

What is there left for Corbyn to achieve? Less favourable than Hitler? Scrofula?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 1,614
    Lol David Davies just handed Nick Clegg his backside.
  • Options

Or Oasis

I always thought "Don't Cry for Me Manuel Barroso" (the truth is, I never left you...) would work well
    If you sing the Madonna version (including conical bra).. Now that would be worthy of Orpheus...
  • Options

I thought the Scots were turning against the idea of independence on account of their rapidly running out of oil ...... but now we hear this:

Says Hurricane - a company in need of additional funding to PROVE what it says it has found....
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

Jim Gilmore could only dream of such support.....

Good to see you in these parts.

We're having an article 50 drinks at Truckles on Wednesday 29th March, 6pm, if you fancy it?
    That's very kind alas I'm in East Yorkshire and suffering a bad dose of Depression right now so a social function in London is out i'm afraid. Appreciate the offer though.
    Sorry to hear about that Mr Child. Hope things improve soon.
    Thank you. And good to see you back posting ;)
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Perhaps his greatest achievement yet?

What is there left for Corbyn to achieve? Less favourable than Hitler? Scrofula?
    If he falls below Piers Morgan he knows he really has hit rock bottom!
  • Options

justin124 said:

To ensure their methodology is robust.

It should be noted that GfK, along side IPSOS Mori,help produce the exit poll that's proven so accurate at recent general elections.
    Interesting - though it does make the poll a bit old. Mori also last came up with a 13% Tory lead.
  • Options

glw said:

Jason said:

Jason said:

Yes - if he gets the top job in Labour, he's going to make Theresa May look like Captain Excitement....
    I've never seen him smile. Has anyone? There's something very odd about him. I know that's not unusual for a Lefty, but still.
    He does come across as the sort of person you would hate to be sat next to on a plane or at a dinner. Maybe he's different in private but he won't be judged on that basis.
    Speak for yourself. Just before Christmas I was at a fundraising dinner where he was the guest speaker and was very pleased to have had a chat of several minutes with him on matters Brexit.

Starmer comes across as unflappable, serious and competent as well as having a sharp debating mind. All the sort of qualities that caused John Smith to gain a lot of respect well before he eventually became Labour leader.
    There's one word to describe him. Dull. He is a crashing bore. An automaton. A serious dullard. You cannot compare him to John Smith, not in any way.
  • Options
    Keir Stammer is like Kryton with bad hair..
  • Options

Lol, yes. I knew he reminded me of someone. Of course, Kryton is funny, but the head - yes, spot on. That grimace is pure Kryton.
  • Options
    Jason said:

Lol, yes. I knew he reminded me of someone. Of course, Kryton is funny, but the head - yes, spot on. That grimace is pure Kryton.
    Keir Stammer's QT prep tonight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKlC8ph7mM
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951
    Jason said:

glw said:

Jason said:

Jason said:

There's one word to describe him. Dull. He is a crashing bore. An automaton. A serious dullard. You cannot compare him to John Smith, not in any way.
    Hear, hear.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Cheeky buggers.
    I love editing PB, but the embargoes stress me out.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892
    If Keir Starmer is the best Labour have got God help them. Having said that Remainers were by a distance the most persuasive.

The Tories dodged a bullet when they didn't elect Davis.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    edited March 2017
    N/T
  • Options
    Don't you just love Sky. In the week A50 is being served it news is completely dominated by live coverage from Iraq. Their reporting is extensive and brave but really why this week. It been so total that I have been compelled to watch BBC
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    edited March 2017
    calum said:
    "Hurricane Energy said one billion barrels of recoverable oil could be contained within the Greater Lancaster Area, 60 miles (97km) west of Shetland."

While this is very good news for the Oil&Gas Industry, careful wording of ' one billion barrels of recoverable oil could be contained within the Greater Lancaster Area'. Its not in the bag yet, go read the Hurricane Energy press release.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,997

Says Hurricane - a company in need of additional funding to PROVE what it says it has found....
    It will get the funding - or be taken over by one of the big boys. I've taken a small stake in it myself this morning.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279

Also with modern central heating, it gets hot quickly anyway. It isn't like t'olden days where you had to build and light t'fire and in an hour or so it would start to get warm.

It has to be said that there are few pleasures better than having a big fireplace and throwing big well-seasoned chunks of wood into the flames. My mother-in-law's farm has a big woodshed full of logs and in the middle of winter the fire is like a furnace. Lovely and cosy :)
    No one could beat my Highland Granny when it came to setting a slow burning furnace in the fireplace. Once she lit the fire and got the logs going, she then piled on the coal and dross until there was absolutely no sign of a flame. So for about two hours you would get no heat from the fire, and then suddenly a wee flame would appear, and before you knew it was like a furnace and you were absolutely toasty warm. :)
This discussion has been closed.