Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » For first time since being sacked after getting GE2005 spot on

Comments

• Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    Well, that will help towards the costs of Brexit...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39409754

• Options

GIN1138 said:

Here's Nigel Farage, Ali Campbell and Piers Morgan putting the nation of their cornflakes at 8am this morning but leaving us all to ponder which one is the most odious character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAR8nbyU9Aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tIxKONNzEA

#Enjoy

Campbell " When are you going to be held to account for the pack of lies you told ? "
    Lol.
    I may have to take a look on catch-up when I get home of that.
    The brass neck of that bloke is amazing.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

Trouble is it's Canadian....
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,056

Mr. Jessop, first thing's first. They need an engine that:
    1) works
    2) is fast

A problem with the Honda is that, as well as being 120-160bhp behind rivals, it's creating such vibrations that are actually breaking other parts of the car.

Really? Ouch. What's happened to Honda: their engines dominated in the late 1980s.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

GIN1138 said:

Here's Nigel Farage, Ali Campbell and Piers Morgan putting the nation of their cornflakes at 8am this morning but leaving us all to ponder which one is the most odious character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAR8nbyU9Aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tIxKONNzEA

#Enjoy

Campbell " When are you going to be held to account for the pack of lies you told ? "
    Lol.
    Was that directed at Nige or Piers? Or was he verbalizing his daily inner dialogue?
    To Farage. I'm amazed he didn't laugh. Incidentally, Campbell looks ghastly.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Yes, but pinched from Germany and gold is gold... :D
  • Options
    Welcome back GfK.

See you all at 10pm.
  • Options

RobD said:

Yes, but pinched from Germany and gold is gold... :D
    Pretty sure it is treason to melt a likeness of the Queen... :D
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,996
    Mr Jessop, I realise I'm less enthralled by technological delights than most people, but I'm still baffled by the blase way some want the net and tech to hold their hands. Online kettles so you don't have to wait three minutes to boil some water when you get in. Online fridges to order food for you. It's just beyond me.

Even now, there was a car problem when a model's brakes were remotely hacked.

*retires to cave in small island of the North Sea*

Mrs C, it's likely melted down already :(
  • Options

Welcome back GfK.

See you all at 10pm.

Good luck holding off a premature posting.. :smiley:
  • Options

MD you may also need a small coracle in case of rising sea levels.

• Options
    Also, Caepio probably has the all-time record for stealing gold. Stole over 50,000 bars of it, each weighing 15lbs:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quintus_Servilius_Caepio

He was also notable for detesting his fellow commander ahead of the Battle of Arausio and therefore being responsible for about 80,000 dead Romans.
  • Options

Also, Caepio probably has the all-time record for stealing gold. Stole over 50,000 bars of it, each weighing 15lbs:

He was also notable for detesting his fellow commander ahead of the Battle of Arausio and therefore being responsible for about 80,000 dead Romans.

Auric Goldfinger would have held that record were it not for that pesky 007.
  • Options

That's £12.5bn in today's money.
  • Options
    Mr. Jessop, suggestions from someone else here (I forget who) was a pretty arrogant and insular approach, hence Gilles Simon leaving the firm a few months ago.

Mr. Pubgoer, my sea-chariot is pulled by eight enormo-haddock.
  • Options

Mr Jessop, I realise I'm less enthralled by technological delights than most people, but I'm still baffled by the blase way some want the net and tech to hold their hands. Online kettles so you don't have to wait three minutes to boil some water when you get in. Online fridges to order food for you. It's just beyond me.

I have worked in I.T. for decades. I think it is crazy too. I see adverts on the telly for central heating that you can control from your phone. Why? I set mine and leave it alone forever. If the house gets cold the sensors pick it up and turn the heating on. Why would I want to fiddle with it? Do I really want to reboot my toaster after the nightly security update?

Heligoland has caves? (It is German or Dutch these days, I think we gave it away some time ago and post Brexit they may forcibly re-patriate you to Blighty)

Probably. Smuggler's bars are easier to handle although the coin does not seem to have presented much difficulty.

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited March 2017

I have worked in I.T. for decades. I think it is crazy too. I see adverts on the telly for central heating that you can control from your phone. Why? I set mine and leave it alone forever. If the house gets cold the sensors pick it up and turn the heating on. Why would I want to fiddle with it? Do I really want to reboot my toaster after the nightly security update?

Also with modern central heating, it gets hot quickly anyway. It isn't like t'olden days where you had to build and light t'fire and in an hour or so it would start to get warm.
  • Options

MD you may also need a small coracle in case of rising sea levels.

An Internet-connected coracle, please. It'll tell you the number of strokes per minute, the rate of the tide, and how long it'll be before you sink. ;)
  • Options
    Mrs C, agree entirely on the heating as well. People seem unable to consider there might be downsides, or that such things might be entirely unnecessary.

It must have been melted down. It'd be a bugger to get change for. Imagine going into a pub and ordering a pint, then dropping a 220lb, 20" gold coin on the counter. "Got change for a million?"

Mr. D, cheers for that. Be a nice sum to acquire.

Mr. Eagles, no, he wouldn't. Goldfinger was stealing gold, his plan was to irradiate it.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

Fridges, toasters, kettles: certainly not. Utter nonsense (like Victorian steam-driven gadgets, just because they could do it, doesn't mean it's sensible to do it).

However, internet control of central heating is extremely useful if you travel a lot or have a second home. Ditto security alarms.
  • Options

Also with modern central heating, it gets hot quickly anyway. It isn't like t'olden days where you had to build and light t'fire and in an hour or so it would start to get warm.

It has to be said that there are few pleasures better than having a big fireplace and throwing big well-seasoned chunks of wood into the flames. My mother-in-law's farm has a big woodshed full of logs and in the middle of winter the fire is like a furnace. Lovely and cosy :)
  • Options

You really think they'll get security updates? ;)
  • Options
    Mr. Jessop, security updates? Yes. But they might be from the FSB.

Mrs C, my great-aunt had a coal fireplace. It was splendid and toasty.
  • Options

It must have been melted down. It'd be a bugger to get change for. Imagine going into a pub and ordering a pint, then dropping a 220lb, 20" gold coin on the counter. "Got change for a million?"

Maybe not. I think it was Gregory Peck who starred in The Million Pound Note. He never needed change

Same thing :)

• Options

It has to be said that there are few pleasures better than having a big fireplace and throwing big well-seasoned chunks of wood into the flames. My mother-in-law's farm has a big woodshed full of logs and in the middle of winter the fire is like a furnace. Lovely and cosy :)
    Well wood burner sales are through the roof. I think people really like that nostalgia and atmospherics, but it is also nice to know that you won't freeze to death in the meantime as you can always have a quick blast from the central heating (or as I have seen some people do, the oven with the door open !!!! ).
  • Options
    edited March 2017

However, internet control of central heating is extremely useful if you travel a lot or have a second home

Ummmm...... maybe.... I prefer just to leave the system running. If I am going away, particularly in winter, I just turn it down to about 15C and it keeps the chill off without costing a fortune.

Ditto security alarms.

No way!

I see what you are trying to say, but to hook up the house security, especially if it has cameras... definitely not!
  • Options

Post-Brexit they will be mandatory but unneeded, because every day will be a glorious summer day with blue skies, flowers and butterflies :)
  • Options

No way!

I see what you are trying to say, but to hook up the house security, especially if it has cameras... definitely not!

Definitely yes... and I was well ahead of the game on that one:

http://www.directorypatent.com/GB/2325548-a.html
  • Options
    Laptop ban on planes came after plot to put explosives in iPad

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/26/plot-explosives-ipad-us-uk-laptop-ban
  • Options

No way!

Definitely yes... and I was well ahead of the game on that one:

http://www.directorypatent.com/GB/2325548-a.html
    Maybe so but you will not be getting a penny piece from me Mr N. Nonetheless, well done on the patent. :+1:
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Your beloved Eurocrats have tried to ban the wood burning ovens essential in the creation of real pizza. So far their ambitions have been foiled thanks to Italian nonchalance. But for how long ?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,027

welshowl said:

TOPPING said:

No offence and I know I'm on PB, an' all, but "one of the great jokes."

Really?

The greatest joke on pb.com is the Brummie job interview.
    Is that the:-

"What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?"

"Can't wash you hands in a buffalo".

No, I believe it's the one that references a piece of 1970s neck attire?
    The bison/buffalo joke is best in a Thameside accent. Standard at our Christmas Dinners since I don;t know when. I think I first tell it to my grandchildren when they’re about four!

Along with (in a cut-glass accent “you poor man, have you come in her to die’
    To which the answer is, “Nah, missus been ‘ere free weeks.'
  • Options
    Mrs C, but that note didn't weigh 220lbs, did it?
  • Options

Well wood burner sales are through the roof. I think people really like that nostalgia and atmospherics, but it is also nice to know that you won't freeze to death in the meantime as you can always have a quick blast from the central heating (or as I have seen some people do, the oven with the door open !!!! ).

It is nice being warm and I admit to having done the oven thing :D
  • Options

The pub I drink in has such a fire, and there’s a long running dispute between the patrons, who like it nice and warm, and the landlord who has to pay for the wood!
  • Options

lbs???

Mr Dancer .... 100kgs
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789
    calum said:
    Perhaps. We are at best at the 2P/3P stage. Given that the report says that drilling has been suspended due to lack of funds one can perhaps see what the company is looking to do.
  • Options

Your beloved Eurocrats have tried to ban the wood burning ovens essential in the creation of real pizza. So far their ambitions have been foiled thanks to Italian nonchalance. But for how long ?

Pizza is forrin euro-muck and will be banned after Brexit and pizzerias will be forcibly converted to Chippies.
  • Options
    Mrs C, boo hiss to metric monstrosities, huzzah for imperial measurements!
  • Options

lbs???

Mr Dancer .... 100kgs
    Get out of here with your French units! :p
  • Options

The pub I drink in has such a fire, and there’s a long running dispute between the patrons, who like it nice and warm, and the landlord who has to pay for the wood!
    He needs to stick 2p on each pint for the wood fund
  • Options
    SandraMSandraM Posts: 206
    edited March 2017
    The bison/buffalo joke is best in a Thameside accent. Standard at our Christmas Dinners since I don;t know when. I think I first tell it to my grandchildren when they’re about four!

Along with (in a cut-glass accent “you poor man, have you come in her to die’
    To which the answer is, “Nah, missus been ‘ere free weeks.'
    True story: When I worked on a local paper, one of the reporters was on the phone to a local MP who had a very plummy accent. The MP kept talking about a "Mr. Royce" and the reporter asked if Royce was spelt like Rolls Royce. The MP replied "No. It's Royce as in royce pudding."

• Options

He needs to stick 2p on each pint for the wood fund
    He knows better than that!
  • Options

Given the thermal efficiency of coal fireplaces is really very low, I doubt it was anything other than an efficient way of living in the past.
  • Options

Given the thermal efficiency of coal fireplaces is really very low, I doubt it was anything other than an efficient way of living in the past.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,131
    RobD said:

That's £12.5bn in today's money.
    Break it gently to Gordon Brown.....
  • Options

Heligoland has caves? (It is German or Dutch these days, I think we gave it away some time ago and post Brexit they may forcibly re-patriate you to Blighty)

Probably. Smuggler's bars are easier to handle although the coin does not seem to have presented much difficulty.

The smart heating is a great idea for our family. We're all over the place, and I don't like heating the house if no one is there, far simpler to just fire it up from a phone 30 minutes before you get home if it's cold. The rest, like smart appliances leave me shaking my head. And that amazon Alexa thing, listening to you all the time? Gives me the creeps!
  • Options

I would hate to do science or technology in imperial units. Foot-pounds per yard? Poundals per square inch?
  • Options
    Mr. Stopper, it's crackers. It's the Kinect on steroids.
  • Options

I would hate to do science or technology in imperial units. Foot-pounds per yard? Poundals per square inch?
    As long as the system is well-defined, I don't see the problem. :p
  • Options

And that amazon Alexa thing, listening to you all the time? Gives me the creeps!

:+1:

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,131

https://twitter.com/UKIP/status/846350748527083520
    Are they celebrating Professor Paul getting news that he will be awarded a nobel prize?

He was saying he now only needs Economics for the full set.....
  • Options
    Mrs C, I don't write much sci-fi, but when I do, I'll always use imperial measurements if I can get away with it.

And people who use kilometres in fantasy ought to be shot.
  • Options

Pizza is forrin euro-muck and will be banned after Brexit and pizzerias will be forcibly converted to Chippies.
    I don't believe that Brexit will change the pizzeria: chippie ratio in Eire. However, the U.K. regaining its ancestral fishing waters could see a boom in well-priced fish restaurants there.
  • Options
    A log burner in a fire place is good, but a lot of the heat goes up the chimney and into the bricks. We've got ours in the lounge, but against a wall, with the maximum allowed exposed flue plugged into the side of the chimney breast. It's only small, but can be unbearable. A few weeks ago when we had a mini cold snap, I walked around with the Hive thermostat. It was 36 degrees on the sofa, 25 in the hallway, and 22 in our bedroom. Trouble is, the temperature difference is so great, it feels freezing in the bedroom! I've got a Stirling fan on the top of the stove, which does seem to push the heat around a little.
  • Options
    RobD said:

1 watt ≈ 44.25372896 ft·lbf/min = 0.737562149277ft lb /sec
    1 cubic yard = 46,656 cubic inches
    1 gallon of water = 8.35lbs

1 watt = 1 Nm/s = 1 Joule
    1 cubic metre = 1,000,000 cm3
    1 litre of water = 1kg

I know which I would rather use...
  • Options

Mrs C, I don't write much sci-fi, but when I do, I'll always use imperial measurements if I can get away with it.

You dinosaur!!!!!
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

Astronomers in particular make up their own units. What's 200 solar masses in kilograms?

And WTF is "kilo" doing in a base unit anyway?
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

Question. Do you have problems reading the time from a traditional clock face?
  • Options

I don't believe that Brexit will change the pizzeria: chippie ratio in Eire. However, the U.K. regaining its ancestral fishing waters could see a boom in well-priced fish restaurants there.

Do not be surprised if access to our fish is part of the Brexit agreement.

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Fridges, toasters, kettles: certainly not. Utter nonsense (like Victorian steam-driven gadgets, just because they could do it, doesn't mean it's sensible to do it).

However, internet control of central heating is extremely useful if you travel a lot or have a second home. Ditto security alarms.
    No, the steam gadgets were awesome. More steam driven gadgets please.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Didn't NASA lose gazillions of dollars' worth of space hardware once by mistakenly programming a space probe with imperial units instead of metric ones (or maybe the other way round)?
  • Options

You dinosaur!!!!!
    I like the use of the word "Shake" in nuclear physics.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Talking of units, I was puzzled by small signs affixed to each little bridge and culvert on our local railway. They have an identification number and a marking like '40 m 3 ch'. It took me a moment to figure out that they are still using miles and chains (from the London terminus).
  • Options

You dinosaur!!!!!
    I like the use of the word "Shake" in nuclear physics.
    and barn.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Astronomers in particular make up their own units. What's 200 solar masses in kilograms?

200 * 2e30 kg :)
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969
    RobD said:

There is no problem. Oil and Gas exploration which is one of the most technologically advanced industries in the world still works predominantly in imperial measurements.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414
    Alistair said:

Read William Gibson and Bruce Sterling's "The Difference Engine" for a vision of Victorian England with steam-powered computers. Now that would have been awesome.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

No, but that is not the same. The clock uses a system of easily divisible integer units that have been grouped together to give an overall system which, although clunky, is managable.

Imperial Units in science and engineering takes units that were defined with no consideration of how other units would be interchanged and so we wind up with 1 watt ≈ 44.25372896 ft·lbf/min

If the clock had 61.633,372,322 minutes in an hour and a day had 24.73551 hours then I think you would find that the clock system would present more obstacles in everyday use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QVPUIRGthI
  • Options

Alistair said:

Read William Gibson and Bruce Sterling's "The Difference Engine" for a vision of Victorian England with steam-powered computers. Now that would have been awesome.
    That's a brilliant read. Steampunk at its finest.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969

RobD said:

1 litre of water = 1kg

Mistakes of scale are far easier with metric rather than imperial.
  • Options

Do not be surprised if access to our fish is part of the Brexit agreement.

You forriners will have access to " our " fish. You'll be allowed to buy some.
  • Options

RobD said:

1 litre of water = 1kg

The first one isn't fair since that's converting from an imperial unit. Cubic yard is just 36^3, and 1 imperial gallon = 10 lb. Blame the yanks for that 8.35.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,352
    MTimT said:

"Problems" would be exagerrated, and obviously when looking at a clock you know if it's daytime. But I've encountered confusion in writing (for deadlines etc.) more than once between e.g, 10am and 10pm, and "12am" is sometimes interpreted as midday and sometimes as midnight. I prefer the 24-hour clock.

But as with all these things it's moslty just what you're used to.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

Didn't NASA lose gazillions of dollars' worth of space hardware once by mistakenly programming a space probe with imperial units instead of metric ones (or maybe the other way round)?
    Yes. http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/mars.metric/
  • Options

Sorry, but astronomers are metric. They use megaparsecs, kiloparsecs, millarcseconds, etc.

200 solar masses = 3.978 x10^32 kg
  • Options

MTimT said:

"Problems" would be exagerrated, and obviously when looking at a clock you know if it's daytime. But I've encountered confusion in writing (for deadlines etc.) more than once between e.g, 10am and 10pm, and "12am" is sometimes interpreted as midday and sometimes as midnight. I prefer the 24-hour clock.

I prefer the 24hr clock as well. It makes working out tide times much easier.
  • Options

MTimT said:

I thought you were Swiss. They're famous for making clocks and watches with 12 numbers on the face.
  • Options

Alistair said:

That's a brilliant read. Steampunk at its finest.
    You might like 2D goggles:
    http://sydneypadua.com/2dgoggles/
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

1 litre of water = 1kg

The first one isn't fair since that's converting from an imperial unit. Cubic yard is just 36^3, and 1 imperial gallon = 10 lb. Blame the yanks for that 8.35.
    See the confusion we have got already! Metric is best!! :D
  • Options
    Mrs C, the splendid historical delights of Morris Dancer are well-known. Throwing away traditions for no reason other than novelty is Bercowite madness.
  • Options

Mrs C, the splendid historical delights of Morris Dancer are well-known. Throwing away traditions for no reason other than novelty is Bercowite madness.

The past is amusing and often a comfort, but only the future offers the opportunity to experience new pleasures and delights.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mrs C, the Babylonian mathematicians gave use units of 12, handily divisible by 6, 4, 3, 2, as well as the 360 degrees of a circle, (hence nearly the same number of days in a year), 24 hours in a day and so on.

Edited extra bit: the past provides countless lessons that could be applied for future advantage.

If Blair had read Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian War he might have realised invading Iraq made as much sense as the Athenian invasion of Sicily.
  • Options

Sorry, but astronomers are metric. They use megaparsecs, kiloparsecs, millarcseconds, etc.

Parsec isn't metric, neither is a solar mass.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

But parsecs are parallax seconds of arc, 60 of them to a minute of arc, and the distance underlying the parallax is the A.U., which is a feature of the real world and it's irrelevant how you measure it. so mega- and kiloparsecs are hideous hybrids.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561
    edited March 2017
    It's crap of course.

I make it at LEAST Empire 4.0:

- first empire was the American colonies, lost in 1783
    - second empire was the Indian/African/Australasian/Canadian show, which we shed after 1947
    - third empire was the post-war Commonwealth, which many of the second empire joined.

And that's not counting medieval and early modern rule in Ireland, etc.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,105
    Fishing said:

It's crap of course.

I make it at LEAST Empire 4.0:

- first empire was the American colonies, lost in 1783
    - second empire was the Indian/African/Australasian/Canadian show, which we shed after 1947
    - third empire was the post-war Commonwealth, which many of the second empire joined.

And that's not counting medieval and early modern rule in Ireland, etc.
    Empire Vista?
  • Options

Mrs C, the Babylonian mathematicians gave use units of 12, handily divisible by 6, 4, 3, 2, as well as the 360 degrees of a circle, (hence nearly the same number of days in a year), 24 hours in a day and so on.

360 was chosen because (in general) people are not very good at maths and in days of yore where often atrocious at it, but they could split things in half and then half again and so forth, thus 1/2 /1/4 /1/8 and so on. 360 is an integer with a large number of simple divisions.

When pirates yelled "Ship 2 points off the starboard bow" a point was 11.5 degrees but they did not know that. There are 8 points in 90 degrees so 4 points was halfway from the stem to the starboard beam and 2 points was half that again. Easily divided.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,277
    (((Dan Hodges)))‏Verified account @DPJHodges 55m55 minutes ago

Just got a letter from HM Revenue. They're now trying to nail us all on the VAT flat rate scheme. You take your eye off them for a second...

Wait till he finds out about the quarterly digital tax returns!!

It's a massive ticking bomb for Hammond I reckon.
  • Options
    Mr. Borough, quarterly returns (mandatory digital) is bloody stupid. Why Osborne wanted them and Hammond didn't axe them is beyond me.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

(((Dan Hodges)))‏Verified account @DPJHodges 55m55 minutes ago

Just got a letter from HM Revenue. They're now trying to nail us all on the VAT flat rate scheme. You take your eye off them for a second...

Wait till he finds out about the quarterly digital tax returns!!

It's a massive ticking bomb for Hammond I reckon.

In other words, the self-employed do not want to pay their fair share. C'mon Hammond !

Any tax demand on Hodges is a good demand.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Ishmael_Z said:

But parsecs are parallax seconds of arc, 60 of them to a minute of arc, and the distance underlying the parallax is the A.U., which is a feature of the real world and it's irrelevant how you measure it. so mega- and kiloparsecs are hideous hybrids.
    On the scale at which you start using parsecs, the AU is virtually unnoticeable, so they matter very little.

On a side issue, there are approximately 63,000 AU in a lightyear and approximately 63,000 inches in a mile, so if you make scale the distance from the Earth to the Sun as one inch, then distances to the stars in lightyears translates to miles so the nearest start would be 4.3 miles away :)

• Options
    edited March 2017

Ishmael_Z said:

On the scale at which you start using parsecs, the AU is virtually unnoticeable, so they matter very little.

On a side issue, there are approximately 65,000 AU in a lightyear and approximately 65,000 inches in a mile, so if you make scal the distance from the Earth to the Sun as one inch, then distances to the stars in lightyears translates to miles so the nearest start would be 4.3 miles away :)

A parsec is the distance at which 1 au subtends 1 arcsecond on the sky. They are intimately linked.

Edit: parsec is an abbreviation of parallax of one arcsecond.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Thats the end of the road then - it will be declined and that's that.
This discussion has been closed.