Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Opinium: Most of those polled say 2nd Scottish IndyRef ‘not ju

1235»

Comments

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Cyan said:

Nice graphic from the FT:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_map has some more very pretty pictures :)

(Including one Edward Tufte has said "may well be the best statistical graphic ever drawn". Though I'm a bit ambivalent about Tufte's opinions on data-viz, personally. Heretical though this might be in statistical circles!)
    What if Melenchon withdraws ?
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    Danny565 said:

The Sun reporting (usual caveats apply) that Sturgeon could call a second referendum on Monday morning at a press conference.

Brace yourself.
    I thought she would wait until May triggered A50.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    Danny565 said:

The Sun reporting (usual caveats apply) that Sturgeon could call a second referendum on Monday morning at a press conference.

I think this is the story:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3074524/nicola-sturgeon-will-call-a-second-independence-referendum-if-scotland-is-not-given-a-special-brexit-deal/
  • Options
    Floater said:

surbiton said:

HYUFD said:
    Pretty close. October 2018 - Brexit negotiations hit the wall. Inflation takes away real income with stagnant pay rises.

And, Bonnie Scotland is free again !
    You a fan of Brexit - leaving the EU makes the UK free again?

Free to join the EU and then the World.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,362
    surbiton said:

Floater said:

surbiton said:

HYUFD said:
    Pretty close. October 2018 - Brexit negotiations hit the wall. Inflation takes away real income with stagnant pay rises.

And, Bonnie Scotland is free again !
    You a fan of Brexit - leaving the EU makes the UK free again?

Free to join the EU and then the World.
    Number of EU nations: 28 27
    Number of non-EU nations*: 165166

* UN member states
  • Options

nunu said:

Anyone know why the BJP did so well in Muslim areas of Uttar Pradesh elections? Some estimates out it as high as 39%.

As far as I can make out, a lot of Muslim voters simply decided to vote in non-sectarian fashion for a party that appeared to be delivering economic success. Always good to see people making up their minds on the issues rather than religion, community, etc. - perhaps one day most people in Northern Ireland will come round to it.
    I ma sorry there is no proof of any such thing. The reason BJP won such a huge majority with 39% of the votes was because SP-Cong got 22% and so did BSP.

In Bihar, BJP got 35% and lost dismally because the opposition were united.

In UP, the Muslim vote got divided between the BSP [ traditional ] and SP-Cong, In fact, the late alliance appears to have helped the BJP.

In the Punjab, the BJP and their local partner were trounced.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,102
    RobD said:

Danny565 said:

I think this is the story:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3074524/nicola-sturgeon-will-call-a-second-independence-referendum-if-scotland-is-not-given-a-special-brexit-deal/
    Why does Tony Abbott get a mention? We can do without him sticking his oar in.
  • Options
    OUT said:

Danny565 said:

Brace yourself.
    I thought she would wait until May triggered A50.
    I think it will be a threat to call a referendum if Scotland's wish to stay in the EU is not respected.

Good timing. Plenty of time to simmer. In the meantime, we can watch a car crash in super slow mode in UHD.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    SeanT said:

Following the last, ridiculous and indeed offensive comment from Viewcode, I have reluctantly come to agree with the majority view - oft-entertained on here - that there should be some kind of financial/property-owning criterion for commenting on PB.

I suggest, from now on, only London property owners, and those with a verifiable income over £100,000 a year should be freely allowed to comment. The views of those "people" with smaller incomes, outside London, necessarily stupider and uninteresting, could perhaps be communally voiced by a single commenter, one they elect amongst themselves.

This is, after all, how trade unions formed, and in the end the Labour party, and it is how the lesser classes gained a very justifiable political leverage.

Such a rule would free up and energise debate on PB, without cruelly disenfranchising stupid, dull, provincial, ugly, undersized, dwarvish, smelly little poor people like viewcode.

Thoughts?

Fine, but enough of the airline talk already. Start collecting Rembrandts​ or something and tell us about those.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    New thread....
This discussion has been closed.